PDA

View Full Version : Since trade, 12-4, +12.3 pt. margin, are the Nuggets for real?

DenButsu
03-26-2011, 06:30 AM
Since the Melo trade, the Nuggets have put together a 12-4 record, with a plus 12.3 point margin (actually higher - that was as of before the Wizards game), while playing with a healthy roster for only three of those games. This run includes wins against several playoff teams.

Are they the real deal, or is this just a fluke?

jp611
03-26-2011, 07:18 AM
Yea, the Nuggets are for real, they got rid of Melo, the most overrated player on the planet and brought in players who actually buy into Karl's system, they actually play defense now and I love this team now that they don't have Melo

Nighthawk
03-26-2011, 07:39 AM
Team ball is usually successful. They dont have any greedy selfish players. Plus the guys that came over from NY, im sure our playing with chips on their shoulders from being traded. Denver has 2 legit starters at every position. Very deep team. They play defense and have 3 point shooters as well as guys to score inside. Im interested to see how far they can go. Currently, they would have OKC in the first round. Thats a series I think Denver could win.

Coupon
03-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Why wouldn't they be for real? They heisted 4 of the starting 5 of a playoff team from the worst owner in the NBA, who personally interceded to make it happen. Carmelo wanted to come to the Knicks, the Knicks supposedly had all the leverage, and James Dolan swooped in and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Think about it: in David Stern's NBA it takes a special kind of ownership to keep a market like New York without a championship for nearly 40 years. I hope Carmelo enjoys the extra dough the extension he insisted on got him. He'll find it wasn't worth dealing with a losing situation in the New York market.

As for the Nuggets, they have so many scoring options that it'll be hard for other teams to adjust. They'll have no bad rotations. Lots of those guys can defend, too. How they do in the playoffs depends on who they play and how they match up.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-26-2011, 08:56 AM
getting rid of Melo at the right time saved them.

PHX2daDEATH
03-26-2011, 09:08 AM
Threat because they are so deep n versatile now..they can go big, they can go small..and they play together...OKC-Denver is the the first round match up right now..im all for that one

thekmp211
03-26-2011, 09:22 AM
definitely. they have size, depth and chemistry. the two point guard lineup that features felton and lawson in the back court is a lot of fun. you wonder how it will all work out when the pressure is on, but i definitely like their chances. they have 7-9 guys that are starting-caliber, that's pretty rare.

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Threat because they are so deep n versatile now..they can go big, they can go small..and they play together...OKC-Denver is the the first round match up right now..im all for that one

I see OKC winning that one.

jp611
03-26-2011, 10:27 AM
I see OKC winning that one.

of course you do, your team got the *** end of a bad deal

Nugget Tony
03-26-2011, 10:29 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL.... I can't stop laughing.... I told you we should trade Melo the Punk.....

Sportfan
03-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Yup, they didn't even have Gallo who was supposed to be a big piece of the trade for 3 weeks yet they're still rolling

allSUAVE
03-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Wow overrated gotta Love PSD !

Yea they are for real this season ,but they won't be able to keep half those players

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 10:40 AM
of course you do, your team got the *** end of a bad deal

No I think OKC will win because they are the better team. And this deal is looking "bad" for the Knicks right now but it doesn't mean that will be the case going forward.

barreleffact
03-26-2011, 10:44 AM
^and if the result is the same(a first round defeat) does it really matter? Also, what about when it's time to renew contracts? Is Denver set up for the future?

edit:
This was supposed to be under Nugget Tony

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.... I can't stop laughing.... I told you we should trade Melo the Punk.....

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-26-2011, 10:45 AM

Yea they are for real this season ,but they won't be able to keep half those players

well they could not keep Melo over the summer

all they have to do is keep the core intact, chandler will be gone I think but he isn't good anyway....gallo and lawson is their future.plus they have K-mart coming off the books.

allSUAVE
03-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Ima put it like this

PERFECT TRADE FOR THE KNICKS BAD TIMING

we have no center ,so we get outrebounded by 20 every game

Trade is for the summer so we could build around Stat and Melo

Denver couldn't keep half those guys so .what you gave up for Melo??

Nene is getting a FAT contract this summer

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 10:48 AM

Yes now Melo is a bum despite leading the Nuggets to 7 playoffs births and the West conference Finals a couple of yrs ago.

KnicksorBust
03-26-2011, 10:49 AM
I'll probably come off as a bitter Knicks fan here but whatever. :laugh:

I've been following the Nuggets since the trade and I'm impressed but their schedule has been SOFT.

Wins:
Memphis (Legit)
Boston (Legit)
Hawks x2 (Legit)
Hornets (Legit)

That's 5 legit wins vs. playoff teams.

The rest:
Bobcats
Jazz
Suns
Pistons
Raptors
Spurs (without Duncan)
Wizards

Losses:
Blazers (Legit)
Clippers
Magic (Legit)
Heat (Legit)

So basically they are 5-3 vs. playoff teams and 7-1 vs. weak teams. Doesn't this just make sense? A super deep motivated playoff team should destroy weaker teams. They've done relatively well against playoff teams as well but not nearly enough for me to sign off on them as being a "real" contender. Until they win a postseason series, which I HIGHLY doubt is possible, they're just another good team.

allSUAVE
03-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Yes now Melo is a bum despite leading the Nuggets to 7 playoffs births and the West conference Finals a couple of yrs ago.

Right :clap: ..it makes me love my SIG more & more!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Ima put it like this

PERFECT TRADE FOR THE KNICKS BAD TIMING

we have no center ,so we get outrebounded by 20 every game

Trade is for the summer so we could build around Stat and Melo

Denver couldn't keep half those guys so .what you gave up for Melo??

Nene is getting a FAT contract this summer

What are you talking about??Denver has only 40 millions comitted on their salary cap next year.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-26-2011, 10:54 AM

Melo has had only one good playoff run, other 2 ones are average and the other 4 are horrible.

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 10:55 AM
^and if the result is the same(a first round defeat) does it really matter? Also, what about when it's time to renew contracts? Is Denver set up for the future?

edit:
This was supposed to be under Nugget Tony

You'll hear they'll building for the future and no one expected them to beat OKC.

JasonJohnHorn
Though I am not personally a fan of Gallinari, the Devner Nuggets as a whole have a far more diverse team that practically any in the league. They have tough nosed defenders and rebounders Andersen, Nene and K-Mart. They have prolific scorers in Smith and Harrington. A interesting inside presence and great potential on Mozgov (I'm not sure what he will do with this Nuggets team this year, but he is a very interesting piece for the future and I am very interested to see how he develops), and Affalo, who is great behind the arc and can force the defences to spread out while moving the ball and grabbing some boards. And then there is Gallinari, who I havent honestly got to watch play much, so outside of his stats, which suggests he good behind the arc and has the length to create mis-matches at SF (yes, I did think he was a C before, for all those who read that awful post of mine... horribly mistaken). The Nuggets have a very interesting team, but most will note I have not mentioned one position: Point Guard. Billups is the man they will miss most when the post season rolls around. Felton has seen a drop in minutes and averages, understandable since Karl likely was going with the PG who he knew knew his system: Lawson. Lawson puts up good numbers behidn the arc, and seems to be able to set up scorers without turning the ball over much, while getting his fair share os steals. I've not seen him play much though, so I am not sure what to think of him defensively, and his inexperience may not bode well for the playoffs, though be may thrive in that environment naturally. Felton likewise can spread the floor from behind the arc (his 3PT% has actually gone up a lot since arriving in Denver, likely because their diverse offence has opened things up for him, where as in NY the lack of depth meant defences could watch him more carefully). He is a more efficient passer than Lawson, but newer to the system.

This Nuggets squad though is any passing-first point guards dream. SO many options to choose from.

While Lawson's inexperience in the psot season, combined with Felton's lack of familiarity with Karl's system (he is a quick learner though), may sound like trouble for the Nuggets, but ultimately their diverse offence and depth in the front court will give Karl a huge advantage over all other coaches he will face in that his team can literally transform overnight and confuse defences. Opposing coaches will have to assess games on the fly and be able to make adjustments mid quarter and as the games are in progress, rather than making adjustments at half time and inbetween games of the series, because this Nuggets team will likely have a different identity every night.

That said, while I think the PG position will be great next year with these two talented guards, they may prevent the Nuggets from getting to the finals this year. But if they can hold the fort at PG, this team can not only get to the conference finals, they can get to the finals and make a legit run for the title.

There are a lot of talented teams though, it wont be easy, but if I see the Nuggets in the finals, I wont be the least bit surprised. Denver is easily the most talented team that wont have homecourt this year, and may be the most talented team lacking home court in the first round since the 95 Rockets! And we all know what that team did.

Great thread btw.
Cheers!

210Don
lol no

h2r09
03-26-2011, 10:57 AM
i could care less what they do now in the regular season. they will never get past the 1st round without a star to give the ball to down the stretch of a game in the p;ayoffs.

ImThatDude
03-26-2011, 10:59 AM

I've been following the Nuggets since the trade and I'm impressed but their schedule has been SOFT.

Wins:
Memphis (Legit)
Boston (Legit)
Hawks x2 (Legit)
Hornets (Legit)

The rest:
Bobcats
Jazz
Suns
Pistons
Raptors
Spurs (without Duncan)
Wizards

Losses:
Blazers (Legit)
Clippers
Magic (Legit)
Heat (Legit)

So basically they are 5-3 vs. playoff teams and 7-1 vs. weak teams. Doesn't this just make sense? A super deep motivated playoff team should destroy weaker teams. They've done relatively well against playoff teams as well but not nearly enough for me to sign off on them as being a "real" contender. Until they win a postseason series, which I HIGHLY doubt is possible, they're just another good team.

It's not a tough schedule but let's be real, the Knicks would've lost every one of those games so I give them credit for that.

allSUAVE
03-26-2011, 10:59 AM
What are you talking about??Denver has only 40 millions comitted on their salary cap next year.

Look at the upcoming F/A they have and tell me who they're going to keep it's a reason why masai ujiri said we got killed in the deal, and Raymond Felton is on his way out!

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Right :clap: ..it makes me love my SIG more & more!

The Knicks will be fine but they do have issues to work on. And moves made in the summer will go a big way in taking a step forward.

Melo has had only one good playoff run, other 2 ones are average and the other 4 are horrible.

A playoff run is a playoff run no. Before Melo became a Nugget the last time they went to the PS was the 94-95 season. There was an 8 yr drought where the Nuggets didn't sniff the PS. Look I'm not saying Melo handled his exit well but I don't like the dirt being thrown on him as if he never did anything in DEN. I'm not saying that's how you feel but that seems to be the tone a number of fans from DEN.

Q_bully
03-26-2011, 11:05 AM
Yea thIs was a summer move that happend at the deadline because Melo want his 3 year 65 million ,Knicks would be scary next season but that it self is not garanteed mayb a Lockout

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-26-2011, 11:05 AM
i could care less what they do now in the regular season. they will never get past the 1st round without a star to give the ball to down the stretch of a game in the p;ayoffs.

well knicks have 2 stars but still cant win close games

JasonJohnHorn
03-26-2011, 11:06 AM

I agree. Same thing with the Pistons from 03-08. Like how did the expect to ever make a deep playoff run without a legit franchise player? A PG everybody passed up on or dropped in Billups, a guy who disapointed everybody in his rookie season in Prince, a over-the-hill PF in Wallace who was nothing but a head case and a drama queen, a center that couldnt score a sinlge point unless it was a dunk or a FT that was blessed by Jesus Christ himself, and one-dimensional shooting guard in Rip Hamilton. That team was a joke! I dont know why anybody in Detroit thought a team without a franchise player was going to do anything but sulk amongst the duldrums of cellar dwellers hoping for a first over all pick in the lottery.

Best thing for a GM to do is imitate other teams suscces, because it is always the same formula that wins championships. That is why Chi-town won 6 titles without a legit center, and the Kobe-Shaq Lakers won with three-all stars like every other championship team.

Oh wait a minute....

KnicksorBust
03-26-2011, 11:06 AM
It's not a tough schedule but let's be real, the Knicks would've lost every one of those games so I give them credit for that.

What does the Knicks have to do with anything? :facepalm: I'm so sick of every post I make in the NBA Forum going right back to the Knicks. If I could go back in time I'd change my username to ****ing "Switzerland" just so people would think I have no bias. Even then people would still think I'm biased towards Thabo Sefolosha.

KnicksorBust
03-26-2011, 11:07 AM
I agree. Same thing with the Pistons from 03-08. Like how did the expect to ever make a deep playoff run without a legit franchise player? A PG everybody passed up on or dropped in Billups, a guy who disapointed everybody in his rookie season in Prince, a over-the-hill PF in Wallace who was nothing but a head case and a drama queen, a center that couldnt score a sinlge point unless it was a dunk or a FT that was blessed by Jesus Christ himself, and one-dimensional shooting guard in Rip Hamilton. That team was a joke! I dont know why anybody in Detroit thought a team without a franchise player was going to do anything but sulk amongst the duldrums of cellar dwellers hoping for a first over all pick in the lottery.

Best thing for a GM to do is imitate other teams suscces, because it is always the same formula that wins championships. That is why Chi-town won 6 titles without a legit center, and the Kobe-Shaq Lakers won with three-all stars like every other championship team.

Oh wait a minute....

:laugh: You are not seriously comparing the Nuggets current team to the Pistons title team?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-26-2011, 11:08 AM
The Knicks will be fine but they do have issues to work on. And moves made in the summer will go a big way in taking a step forward.

A playoff run is a playoff run no. Before Melo became a Nugget the last time they went to the PS was the 94-95 season. There was an 8 yr drought where the Nuggets didn't sniff the PS. Look I'm not saying Melo handled his exit well but I don't like the dirt being thrown on him as if he never did anything in DEN. I'm not saying that's how you feel but that seems to be the tone a number of fans from DEN.

looking at advandced stat, Melo was Nuggets 7th best player on his rookie season

hugepatsfan
03-26-2011, 11:10 AM
I think they will have a real competitive series w/ OKC in round 1. I could legitimately see them winning that. I don't see them advancing any further than that though.

JasonJohnHorn
03-26-2011, 11:11 AM
:laugh: You are not seriously comparing the Nuggets current team to the Pistons title team?

Nope, just saying that there is no set formula to winning. This Nuggets team has a lot of talent and is deeper than any team in the league right now. Doesnt mean they will win, but it means they have potential to. They have the tools to beat anybody, but its a question of chemistry, not of "they dont have a go to guy.' Just illustrating that not everybody has to have the same formula to win.

allSUAVE
03-26-2011, 11:11 AM
Yea thIs was a summer move that happend at the deadline because Melo want his 3 year 65 million ,Knicks would be scary next season but that it self is not garanteed mayb a Lockout

Lockout:cry:

hugepatsfan
03-26-2011, 11:13 AM
On a side not, I'm really interested to see how the Knicks go about rebuilding. They were in such great position until that Melo trade. Now they're ****ed. If they had just waited and added Melo as a FA, I think that team would have been at least a darkhorse for a title NEXT YEAR.

KnicksorBust
03-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Nope, just saying that there is no set formula to winning. This Nuggets team has a lot of talent and is deeper than any team in the league right now. Doesnt mean they will win, but it means they have potential to. They have the tools to beat anybody, but its a question of chemistry, not of "they dont have a go to guy.' Just illustrating that not everybody has to have the same formula to win.

There is no guaranteed formula to winning but there are formulas that have had repeated success.

This Nuggets team does fit the mold of any of them. That's why they are not "real."

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 11:15 AM

Wins:
Memphis (Legit)
Boston (Legit)
Hawks x2 (Legit)
Hornets (Legit)

The rest:
Bobcats
Jazz
Suns
Pistons
Raptors
Spurs (without Duncan)
Wizards

Losses:
Blazers (Legit)
Clippers
Magic (Legit)
Heat (Legit)

I hear what you're saying but at the same time 12-4 is 12-4. I think they are a good team especially in the regular season. Their style of play can give teams fits. So in a sense they are real but as you said as far as being contenders I think ppl are getting a little ahead of themselves.

KnicksorBust
03-26-2011, 11:16 AM
On a side not, I'm really interested to see how the Knicks go about rebuilding. They were in such great position until that Melo trade. Now they're ****ed. If they had just waited and added Melo as a FA, I think that team would have been at least a darkhorse for a title NEXT YEAR.

:rolleyes:

h2r09
03-26-2011, 11:18 AM
well knicks have 2 stars but still cant win close games

thats because theyve played like 20 games together. it takes a lot of time to assimilate 2 superstars together to reach full potential and it is really easy to get a team full of non stars and role players to play around each other like in denver. unfortunately, the upside in denver isnt close to NY

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 11:20 AM

Oh wait a minute....

Don't draw conclusions between that Pistons team and the Nuggets. I've seen many ppl do that.

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 11:23 AM

And he's not the first one to do it lol. Everything came together for that team. It was the perfect storm.

hugepatsfan
03-26-2011, 11:23 AM
thats because theyve played like 20 games together. it takes a lot of time to assimilate 2 superstars together to reach full potential and it is really easy to get a team full of non stars and role players to play around each other like in denver. unfortunately, the upside in denver isnt close to NY

The upside in NY isn't very bright either. They don't have cap room to add CP3 unless he takes less (I'm talking about 12 mil, and that's assuming that the cap doesn't go down in the next CBA, which it likely will). Even if he does, the Knicks will have Melo, Amare, Fields, CP3 and a bunch of vet min players. Oh, and Renaldo Balkman too because your owner decided to take him on too.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-26-2011, 11:24 AM

i dont buy it

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 11:24 AM
looking at advandced stat, Melo was Nuggets 7th best player on his rookie season

They still went to the playoffs with him on the team.

Crackadalic
03-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Why all the hate? The nuggets are clearly the better team now because they are 10 deep. Where not. superstar or not we have way too many holes. What did yall expect? When you have a sf guarding your 7 footer then you know our center position is really bad.

not gonna denied that we dont suck now and denver is playing their best basketball but lets see how things turn out for both teams during the summer to start judging the trade

K-mart, JR Smith, Chandler, Aaron Affalo,Gary Forbes and Nene(player option) are FA this summer. Lets see what this team is like after that and the same with the knicks

h2r09
03-26-2011, 11:38 AM
The upside in NY isn't very bright either. They don't have cap room to add CP3 unless he takes less (I'm talking about 12 mil, and that's assuming that the cap doesn't go down in the next CBA, which it likely will). Even if he does, the Knicks will have Melo, Amare, Fields, CP3 and a bunch of vet min players. Oh, and Renaldo Balkman too because your owner decided to take him on too.

ignorance. takes time to integrate superstars. by next year they will probably be a top 5 seed and they will keep getting better if they are healthy.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-26-2011, 11:38 AM
They still went to the playoffs with him on the team.

Well cause there were a lot better players than Meloman on that team

h2r09
03-26-2011, 11:41 AM
i dont buy it

? so the heat just are magically a better team now then they were in the beginning of the season? you honestly think you just drop players on a team and they are running at peak performance?

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Well cause there were a lot better players than Meloman on that team

Oh so he was just along for the ride ok

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Oh so he was just along for the ride ok

Melo wasn't anything special in his first 2 seasons

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 11:49 AM

Your probably right Melo was nothing more than a spare part.

Avenged
03-26-2011, 11:52 AM
They've beaten the Spurs, Hawks, Magic, Hornets, and I THINK (Celtics??). This team is for real. They lack a true go-to guy, but it's a fantastic start for the time being.

h2r09
03-26-2011, 11:55 AM

his 21 and 6 and then 20 and 6 beg to differ

Avenged
03-26-2011, 11:56 AM

It's too soon for all of this. Amare and Melo are 2 great building blocks together.. They just need players who perfectly compliment their game. It's going to be a tough building process for them to get the depth they need though, that is, if both their stars start getting into a defensive gear.

netsgiantsyanks
03-26-2011, 11:56 AM
of course they're serious. ty lawson is a beast, jr smith and aaron afflalo are great shooters, wilson chandlers a beast, i dont know who the starting power forward is(lol), and nene's a great player. plus danilo is a good player too. the nuggets ****ed the knicks straight up the butt in that melo trade.

StevenU2009
03-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Yes, they are for real. Champions? No. But a team no one wants to play and a team that could win a round or even two rounds-absolutely. Team ball, many weapons, great depth, excellent selfless play, a good coach, a balance of youth and experience, two very quick energetic PGs, and Nene might be the most underrated big man in the game.
I am a life long Knick fan and I was DEVASTATED that we gutted the roster for an aging PG and perhaps the most overrated high volume immature selfish chucking scorer in the game.
I would gladly take back Chandler, Gallo and Felton for Melo and Billups-in a heartbeat.
The Nuggets look great, George Karl looks happy healthy and engaged (which I have never seen), and now it's Damphonys problem.
I love the Knicks and I knew this was a disaster-now I feel miserable but validated.
And that's not even focusing on Anthony Randolph who they gave away to make the deal work, who has put up two HUGE games in a row.
All the guys they gave up-including Mosgov are young and still improving.
Even if the Nugs do not resign Chandler they are the huge winners and all those so called experts who said it's a superstar league, and a no brainer for the Knicks were dead bang wrong.

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 12:07 PM
I love how knicks fans come here and say they are not for real but the knicks need time to gel. The nuggets still aren't playing their best ball, wait until they gel. Don't say it takes longer for the knicks because they have two superstars because they are both getting their numbers. Matter of fact i would leave them at all stars not superstars.

the same way the knicks can get their "role players" the nuggets can trade up in the draft and get a star. The knicks dont have either as much money to sign or trade assets as the nuggets do. We also have at least 5 potential all stars on our roster.

If smith gets as many shots as melo has been getting i put money on it that he would average 25-30+ points a game. same with nene chandler gallo lawson felton afflalo, heck maybe even harrington. my point is shut up with your SUPERSTAR bullcrap because it aint winning you games. you need more than a roster to win games and the nuggets have both a roster and a coach.

you guys just have 2 guys who can average 25 ppg who are one dimensional, id be surprised if you get better than a 7th seed next year even with your role players.

also on the FA problem in denver
*Nene stated he wants to return and im sure they'll work something out
*Afflalo will be resigned
*Smith will be resigned
*Kenyon will most likely take less money as he likes it here but if not eff it he can walk
*My money says chandler resigns plus hes a RFA
*Felton isnt even a FA but if he wants to leave we can easily trade him

knicks fans need to stop coming up with these wack *** excuses as to why the nuggets are good and they suck. how about you look at the information thats given to you instead of making up your own scenarios in your head.

BTW not all knicks fans just those who cant admit and are always posting their little excuses

StevenU2009
03-26-2011, 12:09 PM
I love how knicks fans come here and say they are not for real but the knicks need time to gel. The nuggets still aren't playing their best ball, wait until they gel. Don't say it takes longer for the knicks because they have two superstars because they are both getting their numbers. Matter of fact i would leave them at all stars not superstars.

the same way the knicks can get their "role players" the nuggets can trade up in the draft and get a star. The knicks dont have either as much money to sign or trade assets as the nuggets do. We also have at least 5 potential all stars on our roster.

If smith gets as many shots as melo has been getting i put money on it that he would average 25-30+ points a game. same with nene chandler gallo lawson felton afflalo, heck maybe even harrington. my point is shut up with your SUPERSTAR bullcrap because it aint winning you games. you need more than a roster to win games and the nuggets have both a roster and a coach.

you guys just have 2 guys who can average 25 ppg who are one dimensional, id be surprised if you get better than a 7th seed next year even with your role players.

*Smith will be resigned
*Kenyon will most likely take less money as he likes it here but if not eff it he can walk

knicks fans need to stop coming up with these wack *** excuses as to why the nuggets are good and they suck. how about you look at the information thats given to you instead of making up your own scenarios in your head.

BTW not all knicks fans just those who cant admit and are always posting their little excuses

A Knick fan here agrees 100%

Crackadalic
03-26-2011, 12:11 PM

*Smith will be resigned

Your right. I just want a coach the preaches defense thats all

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 12:12 PM
It's too soon for all of this. Amare and Melo are 2 great building blocks together.. They just need players who perfectly compliment their game. It's going to be a tough building process for them to get the depth they need though, that is, if both their stars start getting into a defensive gear.

Amare + Melo = Iverson + Melo :eyebrow:

only difference is iverson and melo had great role players and a defensive minded center on their side.

the nuggets had
camby defensive player of the year
kmart way above average defender for his position
melo
Jones locked down most players at his position
AI

6th- JR smith who lead the NBA in 3s
Kleiza another great shooter who hit big shots

i doubt the knicks can get better players around melo than the nuggets have, maybe he just isnt a good winner in the playoffs??

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 12:14 PM
sorry for being so blunt but its true

A Knick fan here agrees 100%

thanks

Your right. I just want a coach the preaches defense thats all

yeah that would help a lot

hugepatsfan
03-26-2011, 12:18 PM

*Smith will be resigned

Bringing everyone back long term wouldn't be a smart move. Then DEN would be locked into the roster they have now and, while it's a very good team, it's not title-contending good. They need to maintain some cap flexibility moving forward. They should be looking to turn some of their depth into a top end scorer for the SF spot IMO. Use Gallo as a bench player, where I honestly feel he could be 6th man of th eyear good.

If I were DEN I'd let JR Smith and Kenyon Martin walk. If a contended wanted either, I'd do a S&T where I get back a pick and an expiring. Like say BOS, for example, wanted Kenyon Martin but already spent their MLE else where. If I were DEN I'd do a S&T where I take back Jermaine O'Neil's expiring deal and also get back a 1st rounder from BOS. Then I'd draft an international player and stash him overseas. Because JO is expiring, it doesn't hurt my flexibility moving forward and I get back an asset. I don't want BOS to do that move, just making an example. Other than a deal like that, Kenyon and JR would be gone though.

Then I'd look to buy out all of Al Harrington's deal, even though that means eating a ****load of money. I just think he's horrible. I'd resign Aflalo at all costs (w/in reason). I'd tender Wilson Chandler an RFA offer, but if he got signed to a long term deal I'd probably let him walk.

Just my opinion. Denver is good, but they still have to make some changes if they want to go from good to title contender good. Just bringing everyone back is a lateral move. Too many lateral moves and you end up stuck and unable to improve to a title contender.

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 12:22 PM
No Nuggets are not for real if you think they going to win a round in playoffs. Nuggets have no true go to guy now. They are doing what the knicks did earlier this season and that was get a bunch of wins early and got people thinking that they were actually a great team. It was fools gold for the knicks just like it is for Denver. I can't imagine nuggets in conf finals at all.

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 12:24 PM
Bringing everyone back long term wouldn't be a smart move. Then DEN would be locked into the roster they have now and, while it's a very good team, it's not title-contending good. They need to maintain some cap flexibility moving forward. They should be looking to turn some of their depth into a top end scorer for the SF spot IMO. Use Gallo as a bench player, where I honestly feel he could be 6th man of th eyear good.

If I were DEN I'd let JR Smith and Kenyon Martin walk. If a contended wanted either, I'd do a S&T where I get back a pick and an expiring. Like say BOS, for example, wanted Kenyon Martin but already spent their MLE else where. If I were DEN I'd do a S&T where I take back Jermaine O'Neil's expiring deal and also get back a 1st rounder from BOS. Then I'd draft an international player and stash him overseas. Because JO is expiring, it doesn't hurt my flexibility moving forward and I get back an asset. I don't want BOS to do that move, just making an example. Other than a deal like that, Kenyon and JR would be gone though.

Then I'd look to buy out all of Al Harrington's deal, even though that means eating a ****load of money. I just think he's horrible. I'd resign Aflalo at all costs (w/in reason). I'd tender Wilson Chandler an RFA offer, but if he got signed to a long term deal I'd probably let him walk.

Just my opinion. Denver is good, but they still have to make some changes if they want to go from good to title contender good. Just bringing everyone back is a lateral move. Too many lateral moves and you end up stuck and unable to improve to a title contender.

sounds good but if i was the FO i would keep chandler and smith at all costs and do the S&T with a team for kmart... maybe the heat would even want him? then id trade felton for another young PG and some flexibility id sign NENE and trade harrington... or maybe we can get rid of harrington by trading him plus felton together? maybe for miller and a throw in from portland...

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 12:28 PM
No Nuggets are not for real if you think they going to win a round in playoffs. Nuggets have no true go to guy now. They are doing what the knicks did earlier this season and that was get a bunch of wins early and got people thinking that they were actually a great team. It was fools gold for the knicks just like it is for Denver. I can't imagine nuggets in conf finals at all.

you guys have 2 superstars and billups yet you couldnt beat the bucks!:facepalm:

superstars dont make the teams, the GM FO and the teams make the superstars who they are and the media helps make them too. not saying they are not good but just because players aren't labeled superstars it doesnt mean they cant hit big shots or step up. another lame excuse

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 12:29 PM
And strangely I still see the Knicks being a bigger threat in the playoffs and to make a conf finals run before the nuggets. Nuggets will find out that they don't have a legit closer in those tough playoff games anymore and that will kill them. Wait and see, i've have seen it too many times in the NBA. Nuggets are a nice little team with no chance of ever winning a title.

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 12:32 PM
And strangely I still see the Knicks being a bigger threat in the playoffs and to make a conf finals run before the nuggets. Nuggets will find out that they don't have a legit closer in those tough playoff games anymore and that will kill them. Wait and see, i've have seen it too many times in the NBA. Nuggets are a nice little team with no chance of ever winning a title.

your a joke of an nba fan

i guess jennings was too much of a superstar for your TWO superstars to handle

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 12:35 PM
you guys have 2 superstars and billups yet you couldnt beat the bucks!:facepalm:

superstars dont make the teams, the GM FO and the teams make the superstars who they are and the media helps make them too. not saying they are not good but just because players aren't labeled superstars it doesnt mean they cant hit big shots or step up. another lame excuse

Do you honestly think that even with all the good role players on the nuggets that they will ever in life beat the spurs, lakers, okc, Dallas in a 7 game series? I say hell no they can't

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 12:36 PM
He is a joke. Ignore.

yeah im sorry if i sound like a knicks hater but im not theyre actually my third favorite team

nuggets
nets
knicks

i watch a lot of their games just some of the things these fans are posting are ridiculous..

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 12:38 PM
Do you honestly think that even with all the good role players on the nuggets that they will ever in life beat the spurs, lakers, okc, Dallas in a 7 game series? I say hell no they can't

thats where your wrong
anthony carter is a role player, turiaf is a role player, sheldon williams is a role player.

we legit have 5-8 starters. and great potential/developing players at the C position.

role players and starters are not the same by any means.

goose15
03-26-2011, 12:41 PM
yea, Nuggs are for real there really deep.. basically have two starting 5s.

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 12:43 PM
your a joke of an nba fan

i guess jennings was too much of a superstar for your TWO superstars to handle

Regular season does not mean much. Nuggets fans are way too giddy bout a good 15 game stretch they are having. Man I wish the trade was done in the beginning of season so we could see where nuggets record would be for full 82 games. I have only seen 1 team win a nba title without 1 legit star only once in 30 years.

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 12:46 PM
thats where your wrong
anthony carter is a role player, turiaf is a role player, sheldon williams is a role player.

we legit have 5-8 starters. and great potential/developing players at the C position.

role players and starters are not the same by any means.

Man what are you talking bout? Have you watched the NBA before this season? Yes Role players are starters, But the Stars are Stars. Teams usually have 1-2 star players and the rest are role players, whether they are starters or bench players.

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 12:51 PM
100% Fact. Knick fan here too.

Hmm a knick fan kissing Nuggets fans %ss I see. Great way to represent your team. I guess you wanna go root for the nuggets now the way you are slobbering all over them now.

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Regular season does not mean much. Nuggets fans are way too giddy bout a good 15 game stretch they are having. Man I wish the trade was done in the beginning of season so we could see where nuggets record would be for full 82 games. I have only seen 1 team win a nba title without 1 legit star only once in 30 years.

how you guys are playing if the trade happened in the beginning of the season then you guys would be way out of the playoff race. you guys would be clinching a lottery pick instead of a playoff spot

Man what are you talking bout? Have you watched the NBA before this season? Yes Role players are starters, But the Stars are Stars. Teams usually have 1-2 star players and the rest are role players, whether they are starters or bench players.

ive been watching the nba for a while and you seem to be like 7 years old. this isnt a video game where stars go off and you can put a bunch of bench players in your starting line up for a whole season. starters are quality players who can be stars or all stars. bench players are.. well bench players? this has to be the worst post i have seen in my time here at PSD

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 12:56 PM
One is the key number. Not two.

That is why the trade put the Knicks back 2-3 Offseasons of work.

The guys they chucked in the trade were all capable starters on an NBA Championship Team.

Denver now can win it all.

Knicks can not.

Go stand in the back with Stephen A Smith and his idiotic rantings about how this trade was great.

Knicks were not a championship team with those former players by any stretch and never would be. Knick fans overrate their own players. Knicks were a 500 team with all those supposed stars you are missing so much. And they had lost 14 out of 20 games before trade. The revisionist history bout the knicks is awesome

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Hmm a knick fan kissing Nuggets fans %ss I see. Great way to represent your team. I guess you wanna go root for the nuggets now the way you are slobbering all over them now.

its not *** kissing its respecting the game and acknowledging the truth. a celtics fan would definitely say the lakers are great that doesnt mean they are kissing *** it means they know what theyre talking about which you dont.

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Yeah I am going to represent my team by talking like a complete moron and ignoring facts and reality.

And when it comes to slobbering, you need to wipe off Melo's d*ck. Your spiddle is going down his shaft.

What facts? I've seen teams like denver before in this league. And those type of teams never win anything major. They always get beat in the playoffs every year by teams with the major stars. What team besides detroit has won a title without a legit star on it. ZERO has and that's a fact

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 01:04 PM
What facts? I've seen teams like denver before in this league. And those type of teams never win anything major. They always get beat in the playoffs every year with teams with the major stars. What team besides detroit has won a title without a legit star on it. ZERO has and that's a fact

your officially my favorite poster i will now stop replying to your stupidity.

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 01:06 PM
how you guys are playing if the trade happened in the beginning of the season then you guys would be way out of the playoff race. you guys would be clinching a lottery pick instead of a playoff spot

ive been watching the nba for a while and you seem to be like 7 years old. this isnt a video game where stars go off and you can put a bunch of bench players in your starting line up for a whole season. starters are quality players who can be stars or all stars. bench players are.. well bench players? this has to be the worst post i have seen in my time here at PSD

Ok you say you have been watching the NBA for years? So where are the loads of titles for the teams that did not have even 1 legit go to star on it?
Isn't titles the main goal. Knicks have the 2 star pieces to build around for a title. Nuggets have the pieces for only a solid playoff run. That's the difference.

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 01:09 PM
its not *** kissing its respecting the game and acknowledging the truth. a celtics fan would definitely say the lakers are great that doesnt mean they are kissing *** it means they know what theyre talking about which you dont.

But denver is not a great team. Lakers and celtic are. I respect those 2 teams. The nuggets have a bunch of knick players that did not win sh%t for the knicks and made us a laughing stock for 3 years.

BkOriginalOne
03-26-2011, 01:12 PM
They are the deepest team in the NBA. Take the 2006 warriors and make them defensive minded and this is the type of team we're talking about. Very dangerous.
The best part is, they can fill in the wholes next season right away.

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 01:13 PM
Ok you say you have been watching the NBA for years? So where are the loads of titles for the teams that did not have even 1 legit go to star on it?
Isn't titles the main goal. Knicks have the 2 star pieces to build around for a title. Nuggets have the pieces for only a solid playoff run. That's the difference.

who has won the last few championships?

LAKERS and CELTICS

guess what the lakers had a TEAM not 2 superstars. they had legit STARTERS
and
i wouldnt say that pierce allen and garnet were playing like superstars they were obvious all stars tho
but PERKINS (STARTER) and RONDO (STARTER) were big reasons why they won.

the nuggets have 5-9 STARTERS and young players who have the potential to become stars

you guys have 2 all stars a washed up point guard and a bunch of BUMS

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 01:15 PM
LOL. So if Knick fans over rate players then the fact we now have Melo means .......... but that is not the point.

The fact those "over rated" players have made the Nuggets better means ...... they were not over rated.

You know, team results matter in team sports. Don't care how good you look playing in school yard 1-on-1 with your homies.

Knicks were not getting great Team results with the former team either. So what's ya point? They lost 14 out of last 20 before the TRADE!!!! Do you call that great Team Results? They were sliding south also. The coach is horrble and needs to get whacked.

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 01:17 PM
But denver is not a great team. Lakers and celtic are. I respect those 2 teams. The nuggets have a bunch of knick players that did not win sh%t for the knicks and made us a laughing stock for 3 years.

not a great team?

we took 4 of your starters and added 3 of ours plus we have always had a great bench. they werent winning anything with you guys because you try to outscore everyone like the melo nuggets. which wont work ! we have a winning formula.

DEFENSE + COACH + ATHLETISIM + HEIGHT + GREAT SHOOTERS + UNSELFISH PLAYERS +BENCH + POTENTIAL

whats your formula?

MELO + STAT? lol

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 01:20 PM
:(
I still don't get how you can say Denver will win nothing.

I look at that squad, and frankly, no one wants to play them.

They have no weaknesses.

Long, athletic, can shoot, can damage in the paint, can man up, deep ..... lack some experience due to youth but damn.

Plus you know, Gallo has star written all over him if he would simply say "I am." 5 All-Star caliber players. Nene, JR Smith, Wilson, Felton and Lawson. Solid starters in Afflalo, Mozzy, Crazy 6'9 dude. Good bench guys in Birdman.

With respect to "closers" on Offense -- Gallinari, JR Smith, Chandler, Nene and even Felton can get their shot off whenever they want.

HAHA here we go with the Gallo love again and him being a star. Will Gallo ever even Be as good as Hedo Turkalou? That may be the best he can reach, or more like a Kieth Van Horn.

TeamGoku
03-26-2011, 01:23 PM
I for sure say the nuggets are for real since they trade cause now they play like a true team like the spurs not as good but im saying like a team first instead of me me me melo always having the ball and if he has a bad night they would lose a good % of the time were now its a who ever has the hot hand teaam pass pass open shot take it. Attitude im not saying melo is overrated but he is a ball hog and a selfish play who can't play team basketball

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 01:27 PM
your officially my favorite poster i will now stop replying to your stupidity.

AWW you mad cause you can't name 1 team besides the pistons that has won a title past 30 yrs without a legit star. I know reality hurts you nuggets fans. But ya have no chance at title so enjoy ya little stretch of games that you are winning. But no championship is in sight.

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 01:31 PM
AWW you mad cause you can't name 1 team besides the pistons that has won a title past 30 yrs without a legit star. I know reality hurts you nuggets fans. But ya have no chance at title so enjoy ya little stretch of games that you are winning. But no championship is in sight.

enjoy the 7th seed because unless you trade one of those "superstars" for a well rounded stars and some actual starters your going to stay there. oh, and good luck signing starters with the vet min. also good luck against the bobcats tonight the knicks will need it.

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 01:33 PM
also if superstars win championships where were dwade lebron dwight cp3 dwill dirk many more...

young super stars will have a hard time winning a championship ... who was the youngest star to win in the last few years? dwade? btw he had some great starters.

arkanian215
03-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Try writing that in the NYK Board. You'll get banned.

95% of the poster there still think Knicks got a great deal and Dolan is a genius.

Fact is Dolan did the trade to raise ticket prices.

I hope they lose the rest of the way, miss the playoffs and Dolan gets what he deserves.

You look at the last two trade deadline deals by this team and it is enough to make you puke b/c with ZERO deals they still get STAT and Felton.

In essence for Billups and Melo, they gave up in two deals:

Jordan Hill
Danilo Gallinari
Wilson Chandler
Ray Felton
Timofey Mozgov
Anthony Randolph (balls when he starts!)
Eddy Curry expiring 2011
JJ expiring 2011
#9 2010 Pick
2012 First
2014 First
2 Second Round Picks

He would've raised ticket prices regardless. I'm pretty sure you knew that. A massive renovation has to get paid somehow.

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 01:36 PM
I for sure say the nuggets are for real since they trade cause now they play like a true team like the spurs not as good but im saying like a team first instead of me me me melo always having the ball and if he has a bad night they would lose a good % of the time were now its a who ever has the hot hand teaam pass pass open shot take it. Attitude im not saying melo is overrated but he is a ball hog and a selfish play who can't play team basketball

Yawn.. same things were said bout Kobe for years. Hell they called Jordan Selfish and a ball hog. It's getting old. You need a scoring wing player to win NBA titles in this league. That or a dominant big man. I'd take my chances with Melo and Stat in a 7 game series more than the gallos, and Chandlers of the world. And i'd definantly want to build arounld stat and Melo before anyone on the nuggets if I was serious bout getting a title

Mell413
03-26-2011, 01:39 PM
I don't think the Nuggets are this good. They would be on pace for a 60 win season and I don't think their true talent level is that high. I think they could be a playoff team, but I think they will be one of those teams in NBA hell. I don't think they have that guy that can take them to the next level.

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Yawn.. same things were said bout Kobe for years. Hell they called Jordan Selfish and a ball hog. It's getting old. You need a scoring wing player to win NBA titles in this league. That or a dominant big man. I'd take my chances with Melo and Stat in a 7 game series more than the gallos, and Chandlers of the world. And i'd definantly want to build arounld stat and Melo before anyone on the nuggets if I was serious bout getting a title

did you just compare melo to kobe and jordan?

he isnt even the best at his position LOL

dont get me wrong i love melo but he is no where near great. your blind

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 01:43 PM
When the Knicks lose in the Playoffs, I will be rooting for Denver like a wild child.

If Denver to the Finals -- you should go lobotomize yourself.

You are having wet dreams if you think Denver will be in the finals!! OMG! The world must be coming to an end soon. And what is your infactuation with former players that aint win sh%t for the knicks EVER!!!! And made NY a laughing stock. So what if they win in Denver, they were not winning for our ny team. So they wont be missed by me at all

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 01:45 PM
You are having wet dreams if you think Denver will be in the finals!! OMG! The world must be coming to an end soon. And what is your infactuation with former players that aint win sh%t for the knicks EVER!!!! And made NY a laughing stock. So what if they win in Denver, they were not winning for our ny team. So they wont be missed by me at all

NY is a laughing stock now i laugh every time i watch their games. and your former players are doing great idk.. maybe it was their coach and other players around them that suck? idk maybe...

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 01:47 PM

he isnt even the best at his position LOL

dont get me wrong i love melo but he is no where near great. your blind

Never said that but yall make it seem like players that shoot alot can't win titles. When most of the titles have come from players that have reputation for shooting alot. Reason LEBRON has not won a title cause he did not shoot enough and has been too passive in certain games. You need a scoring wing man And a great inside man to when titles in this league. That's a fact.

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Never said that but yall make it seem like players that shoot alot can't win titles. When most of the titles have come from players that have reputation for shooting alot. Reason LEBRON has not won a title cause he did not shoot enough and has been too passive in certain games. You need a scoring wing man And a great inside man to when titles in this league. That's a fact.

dwade shot alot?

and is not about shooting its about efficiency and when to take over. you dont see kobe shooting the WHOLE game and you dont see him with the ball the WHOLE game. melo on the other hand isnt happy if he doesnt have the ball in his hands 40 minutes a game same with amare.:facepalm:

they might learn how to play together and you wont even need a 3rd star but that is highly impossible

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-26-2011, 01:51 PM
his 21 and 6 and then 20 and 6 beg to differ

don't start with regualr stats, they're useless

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Yeah, when white guys post numbers most other players would die for -- they suck. Not saying he will but he could be .... at least I am seeing both sides of it.

Who said anything bout him being white? But I know he is no Dirk Nowitwzi like yall Gallo nutthangers would have us normal fans believe. And he will never be Dirk.

jp611
03-26-2011, 01:53 PM

*Smith will be resigned

This... you can't use the team needs to gel excuse when the Nuggets got off to a good start with a brand new team as well

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-26-2011, 01:55 PM
7-11 is better than 12-4.

You just don't understand that you need STARSSSSSSS to win.

Why you need stars to win lol???

Melo and Amare are stars on offense and scrubs on defense

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-26-2011, 01:56 PM
who has won the last few championships?

LAKERS and CELTICS

guess what the lakers had a TEAM not 2 superstars. they had legit STARTERS
and
i wouldnt say that pierce allen and garnet were playing like superstars they were obvious all stars tho
but PERKINS (STARTER) and RONDO (STARTER) were big reasons why they won.

the nuggets have 5-9 STARTERS and young players who have the potential to become stars

you guys have 2 all stars a washed up point guard and a bunch of BUMS

both of them overrated too

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 01:56 PM
dwade shot alot?

and is not about shooting its about efficiency and when to take over. you dont see kobe shooting the WHOLE game and you dont see him with the ball the WHOLE game. melo on the other hand isnt happy if he doesnt have the ball in his hands 40 minutes a game same with amare.:facepalm:

they might learn how to play together and you wont even need a 3rd star but that is highly impossible

Nonsense, team has played only 17 games together. Nuggets think they are champions cause they won a few games. yay!! hooray!!! We got a better record than Melo!! Yay!! Gallo>Melo!!! Yay!!! Gallo for MVP !!!HOORAY!!!

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Why you need stars to win lol???

Melo and Amare are stars on offense and scrubs on defense

he was being sarcastic lol but i agree with you

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-26-2011, 01:58 PM
:(

HAHA here we go with the Gallo love again and him being a star. Will Gallo ever even Be as good as Hedo Turkalou? That may be the best he can reach, or more like a Kieth Van Horn.

Danilo is already better than Hedo!

have you been been living under the rock:confused:

jp611
03-26-2011, 01:59 PM
Defense is what really wins championships... look at the last 30 championship winners and I guarantee that at least 28 of those teams were in the top 5 in defense

LOOTERX9
both of them overrated too

While the whole starting 5 of the Nuggets are overrated. Give me the 2 overrated Stars over the 5 overrated role players any day if I'm building for a title. Denver has no chance in hell of ever winning a title with the team they have.

-Kobe24-TJ19-

He isnt even the best at his position lol

dont get me wrong i love melo but he is no where near great. Your blind

+1

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Nonsense, team has played only 17 games together. Nuggets think they are champions cause they won a few games. yay!! hooray!!! We got a better record than Melo!! Yay!! Gallo>Melo!!! Yay!!! Gallo for MVP !!!HOORAY!!!

your the one who put nuggets and championship in the same sentance. the nuggets are just better than they were and they are contenders in the playoffs no one said anything about a championship coming to denver. but we sure as hell have a better chance at getting one than the knicks.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-26-2011, 02:01 PM
While the whole starting 5 of the Nuggets are overrated. Give me the 2 overrated Stars over the 5 overrated role players any day if I'm building for a title. Denvr has no chance in hell of ever winning a title with the team they have.

And the knicks have a chance???

lawson
afflalo
danilo
kmart
nene

and who's overrated???

jp611
03-26-2011, 02:03 PM
As long as Dantoni is running the team, we know the Knicks don't have a legitimate shot at a ring, and even if they did get a new coach it would have to be someone who would instill defense into Melo and Amare, which would be a tough task, those guys are horrible at defense

Cano4prez
03-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Yea, the Nuggets are for real, they got rid of Melo, the most overrated player on the planet and brought in players who actually buy into Karl's system, they actually play defense now and I love this team now that they don't have Melo

Agree with all of this

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 02:06 PM
also if superstars win championships where were dwade lebron dwight cp3 dwill dirk many more...

young super stars will have a hard time winning a championship ... who was the youngest star to win in the last few years? dwade? btw he had some great starters.

Well the older Stars were winning the titles. The younger stars will start winning next. And you do know that Melo is only 26 yrs old right? Ya still have not named a team that has won a title without 1 legit star in past 30 years besides the Pistons. You are an epic FAIL!

Cano4prez
03-26-2011, 02:06 PM
ITT: Mad Knick fans

AddiX
03-26-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm a knick fan and I love the way the nugs play. After there first game after the trade I said they would be a problem.

They just attack non-stop, and they all try hard on defense.

Obviously it's not a team they can keep together for a very long time. But it will be enjoyable for the next 2 years for sure.

I def miss our old players, but ny is a superstar town, melo had to become a knick. I still think well be fine. But I def like what nugs did.

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Well the older Stars were winning the titles. The younger stars will start winning next. And you do know that Melo is only 26 yrs old right? Ya still have not named a team that has won a title without 1 legit star in past 30 years besides the Pistons. You are an epic FAIL!

i dont have to your delusional i have not been talking about the nuggets winning a championship. name to me one team that has won a championship without defense tho.

i know melo very well ive been watching him since his rookie year. and one thing i do know is he will not be winning a championship especially not next to stat

jp611
03-26-2011, 02:10 PM
The other thing that cracks me up is when Knicks fans use the Heat as an example of why it takes time... let me tell you this... 1st of all I'm pretty sure the Heat never have been below .500 except for the 1st game of the season... and 2nd of all the Heat do something that the Knicks don't and will not ever do, and that is play LOCKDOWN defense... the Heat are a top 3 defensive team and the Knicks are in the bottom tier of the league in defense, and by getting Melo are only going to be that much worse

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 02:10 PM
I don't think the Nuggets are this good. They would be on pace for a 60 win season and I don't think their true talent level is that high. I think they could be a playoff team, but I think they will be one of those teams in NBA hell. I don't think they have that guy that can take them to the next level.

I agree. that is what I am trying to explain to these young NBA fans. Teams like the nuggets always make the playoffs but never beat the teams with the stars on it. They have no legit go to guy at the end of games anymore. They are like the knicks were before the trade. But at least knicks had Amare to go to.

jp611
03-26-2011, 02:13 PM
I agree. that is what I am trying to explain to these young NBA fans. Teams like the nuggets always make the playoffs but never beat the teams with the stars on it. They have no legit go to guy at the end of games anymore. They are like the knicks were before the trade. But at least knicks had Amare to go to.

LOL... young NBA fans... I've been watching NBA for years, and have never seen a team win a championship who plays as bad of defense as the Knicks... get over yourselves, the Knicks have been irrelevant since the 70's, sorry

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 02:15 PM
ITT: Mad Knick fans

Nah we not CRYING tears like the HEAT players after every loss.

Cano4prez
03-26-2011, 02:18 PM

Not the whole team crying.. Spoelstra also addressed that it was more of just glossy eyes not really tears.. At least our players care and have something to play for

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 02:18 PM
And the knicks have a chance???

lawson
afflalo
danilo
kmart
nene

and who's overrated???

Knicks have a better shot at building for a title than that crap I see in Denver.
Denver will be in Purgatory with those players. Good enough to make playoffs but never good enough to win a title. It's too bad

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-26-2011, 02:19 PM

Melo has been pulling a dissapearing act in the 4th quarters when becoming a knick.

His 2nd half stats are anything but good.
Amare isn't a go to guy, he makes stupid bonehead plays and runs into double teams too often to force terrible shots.

It isn't easy to play now when you dont have nash anymore.

jp611

of course they're not... the Knicks could care less if they win or lose... Melo is all about the money and won't play defense for the life of it... they're already talking about how they're sick of each other, it's not gonna last, don't be surprised if melo pushes himself out of NY before the end of the 3 years

allSUAVE
I can't wait for this offseason to improve our Roster behind STAT & Melo

So much haters ,they going to be sick .when we improve .I can see it now!

jp611
03-26-2011, 02:22 PM

yea they'll be another suns team maybe, good regular season team, but never win a thing

heres a little thing for you to read to prove that defense is what wins championships

http://basketballogy.com/2008/does-defense-really-win-nba-championships/

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Not the whole team crying.. Spoelstra also addressed that it was more of just glossy eyes not really tears.. At least our players care and have something to play for

Are they crying? Are they CRYING? There's no Crying in Basketball.

DLeeicious
03-26-2011, 02:23 PM
I jumped on their bandwagon from day one and have a ton as they cover like very spread. I think I've bet them 6 times since the trade and covered all 6

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Knicks have a better shot at building for a title than that crap I see in Denver.
Denver will be in Purgatory with those players. Good enough to make playoffs but never good enough to win a title. It's too bad

Well lets compare the starting lineups then

nene.207WS/48 vs turiaf .129WS/48
kmart .098WS/48 vs amare .136WS/48
danilo .183WS/48 vs melo .119WS/48
afflalo .124WS/48 vs landry .108WS/48
lawson .147WS/48 vs billups .128WS/48

Denver is by far the better team.

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Nuggets will be in Purgatory the next few years. Meaning they have a team that will always make the playoffs but never win sh%t. Cause they have no go to guy in a 7 game series against the other teams that do have a go to star. Enjoy Nuggets fans :)

allSUAVE
03-26-2011, 02:25 PM
yea they'll be another suns team maybe, good regular season team, but never win a thing

heres a little thing for you to read to prove that defense is what wins championships

http://basketballogy.com/2008/does-defense-really-win-nba-championships/

Negative Mike D'Antoni won't be coach so it won't be No suns style..

The only thing Jim Dolan says is defense and we are looking to I'mprove that in the offseason to get us to our ultimate goal .

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 02:28 PM
Well lets compare the starting lineups then

turiaf .129WS/48 vs nene.207WS/48
kmart .098WS/48 vs amare .136WS/48
danilo .183WS/48 vs melo .119WS/48
afflalo .124WS/48 vs landry .108WS/48
lawson .147WS/48 vs billups .128WS/48

Denver is by far the better team.

But what is Denvers end game, just to have a better record Than Melo's team or is it to win a championship. Knicks are building for a title adding the 2 stars. Nuggets will be pretty good but never a title contender. I'd take my shots building around stat and melo to contend for a title anyday.

BigCityofDreams

The Knicks hate is high isn't it. If you go through the thread there are two themes: the Nuggets are on the doorstep for a title run and the Knicks are the most overrated team ever lol.

jp611
Nuggets will be in Purgatory the next few years. Meaning they have a team that will always make the playoffs but never win sh%t. Cause they have no go to guy in a 7 game series against the other teams that do have a go to star. Enjoy Nuggets fans :)

Where will the Knicks be? I guarantee you the Knicks don't win a ring in Melo and Stat's era

The only thing Jim Dolan says is defense and we are looking to I'mprove that in the offseason to get us to our ultimate goal .

Dolans a doofus... the guy just made one of the worst trades in NBA history when all he had to do was wait until the offseason to sign a guy and now he's got his team locked up with 2 of the worst defenders in the league and the CBA expiring(with a likely decrease in the salary cap)

allSUAVE
03-26-2011, 02:31 PM
The Knicks heat is high isn't it. If you go through the thread there are two themes: the Nuggets are on the doorstep for a title run and the Knicks are the most overrated team ever lol.

I know man, Let them hate while they can.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-26-2011, 02:32 PM

Melo and stat duo will not win a ring.

I'd rather bet on D-Will's nets.
At least D-Will is efficient and knows how to win games.

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 02:33 PM

Exactly Mike D won't be here when this team is elite.

The Nuggets they are playing well and even though ppl have poked holes in their record as I said before 12-4 is still 12-4 but let's calm down a little bit. You have ppl trying to link them to the Pistons of the 2000s.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-26-2011, 02:35 PM

So thats your excuse???

Losing games like knicks in a regular season....then come playoff time your team suddenly becomes a powerhouse and starts winning 7 game series.

jp611
03-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Exactly Mike D won't be here when this team is elite.

The Nuggets they are playing well and even though ppl have poked holes in their record as I said before 12-4 is still 12-4 but let's calm down a little bit. You have ppl trying to link them to the Pistons of the 2000s.

Do you honestly believe that all of a sudden Melo and Amare will start playing defense under a new coach? Melo is complaining about Dantoni's defensive coaching schemes, saying he can't figure them out this fast :laugh2:

And now all of a sudden these guys are just gonna come to play because they get a new coach? Neither have them have proved to me that they can play defense at all in this league, whether its Dantoni as their coach, or George Karl, or Alvin Gentry

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 02:36 PM

D Will might not stay with the Nets

allSUAVE
03-26-2011, 02:37 PM
All haters all of a sudden say this was the worst deal ever, when Wilson Chandler and Raymond Felton leave the Nuggets what was the trade for? It's funny because when the Nets had more to offer people were saying we don't have much to offer for Melo our value is not that high ,Now its we gave up to much for a superstar ok!! Look at what the Nets gave to the Jazz for Deron Williams with no insurance on that he would stay there .......Matter of Fact look on what Boston had to give up to get KG and then get back to me.

BallIsAll
D Will might not stay with the Nets

wheres he going then? please dont say the knicks?:cry:

BigCityofDreams
Do you honestly believe that all of a sudden Melo and Amare will start playing defense under a new coach? Melo is complaining about Dantoni's defensive coaching schemes, saying he can't figure them out this fast :laugh2:

And now all of a sudden these guys are just gonna come to play because they get a new coach? Neither have them have proved to me that they can play defense at all in this league, whether its Dantoni as their coach, or George Karl, or Alvin Gentry

It depends on who they bring in. If they bring in a coach they respect it's not crazy to think they can improve defensively. No one is saying they'll become all word defenders.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-26-2011, 02:39 PM
All haters all of a sudden say this was the worst deal ever, when Wilson Chandler and Raymond Felton leave the Nuggets what was the trade for? It's funny because when the Nets had more to offer people said we don't have nothing to offer for Melo our value is not that high ,Now its we gave up to much for a superstar ok!! Look at what the Nets gave to the Jazz for Deron Williams with no insurance on that he would stay there .......Matter of Fact look on what Boston bad to give up to get KG and then get back to me.

nets gave up nothing to get a much better player in D-Will.

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 02:39 PM
wheres he going then? please dont say the knicks?:cry:

Could be Knicks, Lakers, Mavs, etc. There are options for him to go somewhere else.

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 02:40 PM
All haters all of a sudden say this was the worst deal ever, when Wilson Chandler and Raymond Felton leave the Nuggets what was the trade for? It's funny because when the Nets had more to offer people were saying we don't have much to offer for Melo our value is not that high ,Now its we gave up to much for a superstar ok!! Look at what the Nets gave to the Jazz for Deron Williams with no insurance on that he would stay there .......Matter of Fact look on what Boston bad to give up to get KG and then get back to me.

08 KG >>> Melo

everyone thought the nets were giving up to much.. and you guys practically gave up more than they did

allSUAVE
03-26-2011, 02:41 PM
all-right i wont waist my time auguring with haters ..have a good day hating ..you do a great job!

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Could be Knicks, Lakers, Mavs, etc. There are options for him to go somewhere else.

lets see which teams have the cap space but i doubt hed want to join this knicks team.

you guys need to stop talking about the future and being content with your record.

any team with 2 superstars and 16 games together should have a better record than 7-9 and shouldnt be losing to the worst offensive team in the league

jp611
03-26-2011, 02:43 PM
lol... suave you have not proven one valid point this entire time of arguing... no stats, just that people are haters and that melo and amare and the knicks are the greatest... last i checked this isnt 1970

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 02:44 PM

Haha! Leave the drugs alone man.

jp611
lets see which teams have the cap space but i doubt hed want to join this knicks team.

you guys need to stop talking about the future and being content with your record.

any team with 2 superstars and 16 games together should have a better record than 7-9 and shouldnt be losing to the worst offensive team in the league

knicks are actually 7-11 in 18 games... they're god awful

allSUAVE
AND Dwill wants to play with Amar'e .... I'll bet everyone in hear that he wont be a net in the summer of 2012 ,PAYPAL!

BallIsAll
all-right i wont waist my time auguring with haters ..have a good day hating ..you do a great job!

is it even possible to hate on a below .500 team?

read the threads title!

seems like you guys are the ones hating on the nuggets eh?:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-26-2011, 02:45 PM

Well you'll see that Knicks are going nowhere with Melo.

allSUAVE
03-26-2011, 02:45 PM
haha! Leave the drugs alone man.

no he's just a hater man .i just ignore that guy

jp611
03-26-2011, 02:46 PM
yea, we're such haters... hatin' on a 7-11 team... NO, we're just telling you that this team will be going nowhere with melo and amare... they are god awful on defense and dantoni is the worst coach for this team

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Haha! Leave the drugs alone man.

You do agree that D-Will>Melo???

SteBO
03-26-2011, 02:48 PM
DEN is for real. It seems that 'Melo was just ball stopping and goin' one on one, and that didn't work in George Karl wanted to do on offense. Now there's more ball movement and teamwork. Not tomention the defense got better. This team is for real.

jp611

Well I thought that Melo was the best player in the nba :confused:

SteBO
:nod: Yes. X10000

allSUAVE
03-26-2011, 02:49 PM
is it even possible to hate on a below .500 team?

read the threads title!

seems like you guys are the ones hating on the nuggets eh?:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

OK guy, actually I was the first to say they are serious this year but they wont be able to keep those guys .and the knicks got something to build on and everyone would want to join them.

Car Ramrod
Superstars sell jerseys, teams win champioships.

Denver is for real. If they can stay in a game the bench is so deep it will take over. It will be interesting to see what happens when they really get used to playing together.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
no he's just a hater man .i just ignore that guy

Typical excuse, of course we are haters:rolleyes:

Just stating my facts which are based on stats and I'm a hater???

You're the one calling everyone out and calling us haters:laugh2:

BigCityofDreams

He wouldn't want to play with his friends why not??? It's either going to be him or Cp3 in 2012.

Knicks should be playing better I'll give you that.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Well I thought that Melo was the best player in the nba :confused:

The dude on your sig quote is hilarious:laugh:

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 02:52 PM
He wouldn't want to play with his friends why not??? It's either going to be him or Cp3 in 2012.

Knicks should be playing better I'll give you that.

i rather have a ring than play with my "friends"

melo+stat are the worst defensive duo in the nba cp3 or dwill wont change that

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 02:54 PM
superstars sell jerseys, teams win champioships.

Denver is for real. If they can stay in a game the bench is so deep it will take over. It will be interesting to see what happens when they really get used to playing together.

+1

allSUAVE
03-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Dwill over Melo thats your opinion ,Dwill wont be a NET anyways he would be a knick or a Maverick. disagree or not. im telling you!

jp611
The dude on your sig quote is hilarious:laugh:

Yea lol... I was bored as hell at work this morning and read the entire thread about rose being the best player in the league in a couple years and found some gems in that thread... this was definitely the best one

jp611
Dwill over Melo thats your opinion ,Dwill wont be a NET anyways he would be a knick or a Maverick. disagree or not. im telling you!

its not an opinion... its a FACT... D-will is better than Melo

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 02:56 PM

you just love telling the future...

when will gas prices drop? :pray:

lakers4sho
03-26-2011, 02:57 PM
The Nuggets look like a really good regular season team. I would call them one of those "jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none" kinds of teams.

However you still need a superstar to guide to the promise land once you hit the playoffs. The potential first round matchup between DEN and OKC should be interesting.

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 02:59 PM
i rather have a ring than play with my "friends"

melo+stat are the worst defensive duo in the nba cp3 or dwill wont change that

Well his friends are in a position to help the Knicks do something they haven't done in a while which is compete. The building blocks for the Knicks are here and now they need to fill out the roster and possibly change the coach. They aren't a finished product and it shows with their play on the court.

The Knicks aren't playing well and they have embarrassing losses during this stretch but ppl think this team is going to stay the same for the duration of their contracts. If the Knicks want to improve their defense they have to change the coach first.

allSUAVE
03-26-2011, 02:59 PM
its not an opinion... its a FACT... D-will is better than Melo

Dwill over Drose NOW thats a FACT GUY!

jp611
03-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Well his friends are in a position to help the Knicks do something they haven't done in a while which is compete. The building blocks for the Knicks are here and now they need to fill out the roster and possibly change the coach. They aren't a finished product and it shows with their play on the court.

The Knicks aren't playing well and they have embarrassing losses during this stretch but ppl think this team is going to stay the same for the duration of their contracts. If the Knicks want to improve their defense they have to change the coach first.

Not just the coach... the players too, Melo and Amare have never and will never play good defense in the nba

jp611
03-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Dwill over Drose NOW thats a FACT GUY!

i'd say they're pretty even, but they're both definitely better than melo

allSUAVE
03-26-2011, 03:04 PM
i'd say they're pretty even, but they're both definitely better than melo

OK I say diffrent .he's better than rose

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 03:05 PM
The Nuggets look like a really good regular season team. I would call them one of those "jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none" kinds of teams.

However you still need a superstar to guide to the promise land once you hit the playoffs. The potential first round matchup between DEN and OKC should be interesting.

Exactly superstars aren't the end all be all but superstars win in the PS. The Pistons run is a one in lifetime thing.

jp611
03-26-2011, 03:05 PM
OK I say diffrent .he's better than rose

show me some stats to prove it, you've never proven any argument with me ever?

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 03:06 PM

he never will

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Not just the coach... the players too, Melo and Amare have never and will never play good defense in the nba

Will they ever be the top defenders in the league? hell no, but I think they can improve on defense.

allSUAVE
03-26-2011, 03:08 PM

I dont need to prove nothing to you guy ,its pretty obvious ,I dont need my POINT GUARD to score ,i need them to make my teamates better and that's what Dwill brings!

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 03:10 PM
Will they ever be the top defenders in the league? hell no, but I think they can improve on defense.

your basing this off of what you think. i have seen him for 7 years and every time i thought he would improve he would go back. even with billups in his ear. amare will make it even worse.

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 03:11 PM
I dont need to prove nothing to you guy ,its pretty obvious ,I dont need my POINT GUARD to score ,i need them to make my teamates better and that's what Dwill brings!

only one thing, dwill is the nets point guard.

jp611
03-26-2011, 03:11 PM

you do realize that rose is the only player in the league in the top 10 in points and assists, as well as having an AST% similar to D-Wills and CP3's, nice argument, but you're proven wrong

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 03:15 PM
only one thing, dwill is the nets point guard.

Yea for another yr at the least

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 03:15 PM
your basing this off of what you think. i have seen him for 7 years and every time i thought he would improve he would go back. even with billups in his ear. amare will make it even worse.

True it is what I think and I maybe wrong but I really believe if they change the coach and bring in someone the players respect they have no choice but to buy in.

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Yea for another yr at the least

ohhh ok might as well add him to your roster now. heck add dwight too.

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 03:18 PM
True it is what I think and I maybe wrong but I really believe if they change the coach and bring in someone the players respect they have no choice but to but in.

karl is a winning respectable coach and billups came in as our floor general and everyone but melo played defense im sorry but its inevitable they are both just offensive players and have been doing it for their whole lives

justinnum1
03-26-2011, 03:19 PM
yea, melo was holding them back and now they got a bunch of great role players in the trade. Not to mention they are a very exciting team to watch. There defesne needs to improve, but they are by far the most explosive offensive team. I dont think they could beat a contender in a 7 game series, but they are very very good.

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 03:20 PM
ohhh ok might as well add him to your roster now. heck add dwight too.

If Dwight leaves the Magic he's going to LA not the Knicks.

D Will could come to the Knicks but it will more than likely be Cp3

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 03:22 PM
karl is a winning respectable coach and billups came in as our floor general and everyone but melo played defense im sorry but its inevitable they are both just offensive players and have been doing it for their whole lives

Well if they ever want to win they'll have to change or just be satisfied with being bounced in the PS yr after yr.

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Well if they ever want to win they'll have to change or just be satisfied with being bounced in the PS yr after yr.

im sorry but i think that decision was already made which is why the knicks record is as it is. they are playing how they usually play, none of them two have regressed which is why saying that the team isnt gelling is not a good excuse.

LOOTERX9
03-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Like I said , THE NUGGETS are a team in purgatory. They will always make the playoffs but will never win a title. They have no legit go to star in a 7 game series against the other teams that has the superstars. If nugget fans are happy with being mediocre than it was a great trade for ya. The knicks are trying to build a title with melo and amare and not just make the playoffs ever year and lose like nuggets will be doing. Sorry

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 03:31 PM
im sorry but i think that decision was already made which is why the knicks record is as it is. they are playing how they usually play, none of them two have regressed which is why saying that the team isnt gelling is not a good excuse.

I'm still going to give them the benefit of the doubt if they get a new coach. It might not help at all but....

Amare has regressed IMO

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 03:34 PM
I'm still going to give them the benefit of the doubt if they get a new coach. It might not help at all but....

Amare has regressed IMO

yea i understand what you mean i would too..

the amare melo problem is that they wont be getting as many touches as they used to because there just is not enough possessions in a game for that. so when one drops 30+ points the other one will decrease. and from the games ive watched melo is getting featured much more than amare is..

Sadds The Gr8
03-26-2011, 03:43 PM
no i think they'll lose in teh 1st round. they have been impressive though

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 03:47 PM
yea i understand what you mean i would too..

the amare melo problem is that they wont be getting as many touches as they used to because there just is not enough possessions in a game for that. so when one drops 30+ points the other one will decrease. and from the games ive watched melo is getting featured much more than amare is..

Yea they still have the mentality that many scorers have which is I need my shots damn it lol. There is no way the thought the transition would be this hard. Maybe that's a part of the Knicks slide because as we know things never go smoothly.

Cano4prez
03-26-2011, 03:48 PM
I don't think their contenders or anything but their without a doubt better than the Knicks

Purple&Gold24
03-26-2011, 03:48 PM
getting rid of Melo at the right time saved them.

If you don't understand Kobe24-TJ19s statement please refer to his sig, Thank you :laugh:

Purple&Gold24
03-26-2011, 03:50 PM
And nuggets seem real, can't tell till playoffs :shrug:

BallIsAll
03-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Yea they still have the mentality that many scorers have which is I need my shots damn it lol. There is no way the thought the transition would be this hard. Maybe that's a part of the Knicks slide because as we know things never go smoothly.

yea in all changing your current stars is more important than adding role players honestly but most knicks fans think that adding these role players will end up in wins automatically.. even if they mesh they wont win because the two stars are only offensively minded.

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 04:05 PM
yea in all changing your current stars is more important than adding role players honestly but most knicks fans think that adding these role players will end up in wins automatically.. even if they mesh they wont win because the two stars are only offensively minded.

They definitely need to fix some things that's for sure. It will be interesting to see what happens going forward. Do Amare and Melo find it within themselves to balance their game? History says no lol but it might take a stretch like this to wake them up. Problem is the wake up call might not happen until next yr.

JasonJohnHorn
03-26-2011, 04:14 PM

People said the same of the Detroit. Then Billups turned into "Mr. Big Shot". Legends are made in the playoffs. When they roll around you may find suddenly that somebody who hasnt had a chance to shine knows how to step up, and this team has a lot of guys that could potentially do that.

That said, you outscore opponents by 12+, you dont need anybody to make clutch shots, 'cause the game will be over with 5 minutes left.

When you got as many 3PT shooters as Denver, guys who can drive and play off the ball, and bigs you can dumpt the ball into off the double team, you have the talent to just score at will.

Watch the 07 finals. You'll see the Spurs didnt need a 'clutch' player or go to guy, because they just beat up on the Cavs every night. Denver has the depth to do that to just about anybody. In fact, look at the Spurs playoff run that year, they beat up on everybody that year. They only lost four games and most of their wins were locked up before the final two minutes rolled around.

There is more than one way to win in the NBA.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Not a fan of either team. But Denver made out like bandits in that trade. Melo wasn't smart taking on a max deal either. Gonna be hard to land that third star. That third star will have to take way less. Let alone fill out rest of the roster beyond the 3 headed monster with little cap and no picks. Plus possible lockout. Cap might go down and contracts decreased like NHL did.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
03-26-2011, 04:22 PM
i will pray every night the Nuggs make it to the Finals. and if they arent playing the C's im gonna be rootin for those guys hard

Crackadalic
03-26-2011, 04:48 PM
People said the same of the Detroit. Then Billups turned into "Mr. Big Shot". Legends are made in the playoffs. When they roll around you may find suddenly that somebody who hasnt had a chance to shine knows how to step up, and this team has a lot of guys that could potentially do that.

That said, you outscore opponents by 12+, you dont need anybody to make clutch shots, 'cause the game will be over with 5 minutes left.

When you got as many 3PT shooters as Denver, guys who can drive and play off the ball, and bigs you can dumpt the ball into off the double team, you have the talent to just score at will.

Watch the 07 finals. You'll see the Spurs didnt need a 'clutch' player or go to guy, because they just beat up on the Cavs every night. Denver has the depth to do that to just about anybody. In fact, look at the Spurs playoff run that year, they beat up on everybody that year. They only lost four games and most of their wins were locked up before the final two minutes rolled around.

There is more than one way to win in the NBA.

They didnt need a clutch player for that series. Did you see that cavs team?

UKblazers
03-26-2011, 05:03 PM
I dont know how it will play out in the playoffs but since the trade their the second best defense behind chicago,that will give them a good chance against okc

Gritz
03-26-2011, 05:17 PM
We will since once it comes playoff time and they have to beat OKC 4 out of 7. We know Westbrook and Durant are going to get theirs but with Denver seemingly to have a different leading scorer night in and night out, I really don't know what to expect from them in a series

Sixerlover
03-26-2011, 07:35 PM

you do realize that rose is the only player in the league in the top 10 in points and assists, as well as having an AST% similar to D-Wills and CP3's, nice argument, but you're proven wrong

Got hit with some stats and left the thread :laugh2:

But as far as the question goes, yes Denver is for real, for this season. I wouldn't be shocked at a 1st round upset. But I want to see what is going to happen to Wilson Chandler this offseason

ttam68
03-26-2011, 11:51 PM
Why wouldn't they be for real? They heisted 4 of the starting 5 of a playoff team from the worst owner in the NBA, who personally interceded to make it happen. Carmelo wanted to come to the Knicks, the Knicks supposedly had all the leverage, and James Dolan swooped in and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Think about it: in David Stern's NBA it takes a special kind of ownership to keep a market like New York without a championship for nearly 40 years. I hope Carmelo enjoys the extra dough the extension he insisted on got him. He'll find it wasn't worth dealing with a losing situation in the New York market.

As for the Nuggets, they have so many scoring options that it'll be hard for other teams to adjust. They'll have no bad rotations. Lots of those guys can defend, too. How they do in the playoffs depends on who they play and how they match up.

There's not a chance anyone is worse than Donald Sterling. I don't even think this requires explanation.

As for the thread, I'd just liked to point out that as flawed as Wages of Wins/David Berri may look at first, his site and network of sites predicted this pretty clearly.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
03-27-2011, 01:21 AM
NO1...including me thought the nuggets would even matter after trading away melo.. but ****..12-4..and the knicks are on a 7 game losing streak and under .500...HAHAHA gotta love it.

DenButsu
03-27-2011, 01:54 AM
All haters all of a sudden say this was the worst deal ever, when Wilson Chandler and Raymond Felton leave the Nuggets what was the trade for?

Felton is under contract through 2011-12, and if he's really unhappy with being in Denver and being *****y about it, the Nuggets will have no problem trading him for another quality asset. There are plenty of teams in the league who'd love to pick him up, and there's no room in the Nuggets locker room for selfish, bad-attitude divas. Diva #1 was the first to go, but "team first" is the new ethos, and players who think they're above it probably won't have a bright future in Denver. It's George Karl's team now, and the inmates will not be running the asylum.

Chandler and Afflalo are both restricted free agents. Afflalo by all accounts wants to remain in Denver anyhow, and whether Chandler wants to or not, he'll most likely remain a Nugget because Denver will probably match any offer sheet he signs. I know before the trade he had indicated he only wanted to play in New York, but he's a pro, and winning cures a lot of wounds in sports. I know he was also hoping for a big payday, but in the environment of the new CBA it's unlikely that teams are going to be jumping out of their britches to overpay non-star players.

J.R. and Kenyon will be unrestricted FAs. I'm fairly confident K-Mart will re-sign in Denver for a reasonable fee. J.R. (as he is in many different ways) is more of a question mark, but he's thriving on this new team, and seems to have made his peace with Karl. Also, I consider it unlikely that many teams would be willing to pay him the kind of money it would take to lure him away from Denver, due to his checkered past of unpredictable behavior.

Locked up tight for next season are Lawson, Nene, Gallo, Birdman, Felton, Harrington, Mozgov and Koufos. Even without re-signing any of the free agents above that's probably not a lotto team. And with the other assets (big traded player exception from Melo trade, draft picks) and financial flexibility this team has moving forward, the Nuggets are very well positioned to strengthen their roster both through developing the current young talent they hold and acquiring new assets to build things up.

What was this trade for? Creating a better future for this team, one in which they can build a legit contender.

Ritalin. Please take some. It will help.

DenButsu
03-27-2011, 01:59 AM
For what it's worth, here's George Karl's answer to a fan question about who will be the "go-to guy" for the Nuggets (since the topic has come up a lot in this thread).

It seems like NBA teams need to know where the most important basket is coming from in the last minute of the fourth, without Chauncey and Melo. Do you know who our go-to guy or guys will be, and who can be counted on to want the ball and convert the big shot at the end?
Jared, San Francisco

GK: The "go-to guy" is making good defensive stops. The "go-to guy" is getting extra possessions, making free throws and getting offensive rebounds when it counts. And then, there's the opportunity to play as a team down the stretch, execute a play and let the game dictate who's going to make the shot rather than force the shot.Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/fanmail/ci_17626916)

Mudvayne91
03-27-2011, 02:25 AM
I do think there are some putting too much stock in this we can't win without a "superstar" notion. We have 5 different players on any given night can carry a team in a game.

I do hope teams do take them lightly though. It's always good to play with a chip on the shoulder. Nugs know they're a good. That's good enough for me.

evadatam5150
03-27-2011, 02:29 AM
Since the Melo trade, the Nuggets have put together a 12-4 record, with a plus 12.3 point margin (actually higher - that was as of before the Wizards game), while playing with a healthy roster for only three of those games. This run includes wins against several playoff teams.

Are they the real deal, or is this just a fluke?

Dude, they took half of the Knick's team in the trade.. I'm still not sure what possessed the Knick's to make that trade when they did but one thing is for sure, the Knick's are really very good at shooting themselves in the foot and making sure the wound fester for as long as humanly possible.. :clap:

The Nugget's scored some talented players, these players are now on a team with a better coach and a better system than the one they had on New York.. Yeah I'd say they're for real..

heathonater
03-27-2011, 04:10 AM
the nuggets are a good team, but i doubt they make a deep playoff run this year due to the fact that they dont have one guy they can count on to pick the team up when nothing is going right.

Wade>You
03-27-2011, 04:30 AM
This always happens when a disgruntled superstar gets traded, their team seems to perform about the same or better. I'm not sold on the Nuggets, but I could be wrong.

Evolution23
03-27-2011, 04:33 AM
well they could not keep Melo over the summer

all they have to do is keep the core intact, chandler will be gone I think but he isn't good anyway....gallo and lawson is their future.plus they have K-mart coming off the books.

Chandler is the Nuggets best player from that trade. Dont get it twisted, he is the most complete player in the trade. But hes gone after this season.

Game_Over
03-27-2011, 04:44 AM
Wow such angry knicks fans fact is Nuggs win when they are suppose to!! Don't hate the nuggs now that we are winning and you are losing!! You all and melo wanted this so suck it up and give props to a true Team!! We may not win it all but we are a hell of a lot funner to watch then the knicks right now!!

abe_froman
03-27-2011, 04:53 AM
dont think they're a threat out west,but they'll be a tough out in the playoffs

JiffyMix88
03-27-2011, 04:54 AM
14 No's = 14 Knick's fans sour about the trade :D

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-27-2011, 05:01 AM
Chandler is the Nuggets best player from that trade. Dont get it twisted, he is the most complete player in the trade. But hes gone after this season.

lol

Gallo is much better than Chandler, he has always been better

jp611
03-27-2011, 08:00 AM
lol

Gallo is much better than Chandler, he has always been better

LOL... I thought the same thing... Gallo was clearly the centerpiece of that deal

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-27-2011, 08:50 AM
LOL... I thought the same thing... Gallo was clearly the centerpiece of that deal

Yep he's pretty much better than Chandler in every aspect of the game.

punktardation
03-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Yep he's pretty much better than Chandler in every aspect of the game.

Not true.

Gallo is a better wing defender and better Offensive threat.

Chandler is a better rebounder and shot blocker along with better post defender.

BallIsAll
03-27-2011, 03:41 PM

i love the way knicks fans can tell the future lol

BallIsAll
03-27-2011, 03:43 PM
i honestly think chandler is better than gallo offensively and defensively he can shoot the mid range and the three one thing i would give to gallo is that he attacks and gets to the line... chandler IMO can be a star but then again so can gallo so win win situation for denver :D