PDA

View Full Version : All Nba First Team: Kobe or Wade?

iggypop123
03-26-2011, 02:37 AM
It seems this years all nba first team will be a tough decision. since rose is likely to win the mvp we can all agree the mvp will be an all nba first team guy. lebron has the sf locked up and its likely the center spot will go to howard and pf is debatable between dirk and amare and other candidates but at sg we have ourselves a dilemma. kobe or wade?

Wade>You
03-26-2011, 02:40 AM
Kobe AND Wade.

Sadds The Gr8
03-26-2011, 02:44 AM
both can get it you know. but since Rose is gonna be MVP, it'll prolly be Rose and Kobe.

Jewelz0376
03-26-2011, 03:00 AM
I think all-nba team will be the same as last year except rose will go in place of wade..

d12
durant
lebron
kobe
rose

Kobe finished 3rd in 1st team votes behind Lebron and D12 and statistically Kobe and Wade are both having similar seasons to last year...

shep33
03-26-2011, 03:12 AM
I don't think either care really, I dunno haha flip a coin

millerandco
03-26-2011, 03:15 AM
this cant be a serious question...

Lake_Show2416
03-26-2011, 03:15 AM
I think all-nba team will be the same as last year except rose will go in place of wade..

d12
durant
lebron
kobe
rose

Kobe finished 3rd in 1st team votes behind Lebron and D12 and statistically Kobe and Wade are both having similar seasons to last year...

yup thats gonna be the chosen line up

shep33
03-26-2011, 03:17 AM

d12
durant
lebron
kobe
rose

yeah this sounds fine

Wade>You
03-26-2011, 03:23 AM
What hurts Wade is the fact that it's decided by the media.

Supreme LA
03-26-2011, 03:30 AM
Both are definitely deserving but I have to say the media will give Kobe the nod once again on this one.

Knicks21
03-26-2011, 04:20 AM
G Kobe
G Wade
Solves your problem.

Bruno
03-26-2011, 05:34 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=604280

dnewguy
03-26-2011, 09:00 AM
The fact that they gave it to Kobe over Wade the last two years is bad enough, they're just honoring Kobe now.....no matter what Wade does.

shizzle09
03-26-2011, 09:29 AM
The real choice is Wade. I mean just look at the guys play this year.

showtym24
03-26-2011, 10:19 AM
Kobe will be the choice. End of story.

Nikeman
03-26-2011, 11:11 AM
To me, this is really not even a comparison.

Wade is scoring .5 more points per game, averaging 2 more rebounds a game, and averaging .4 less assists per game. We all know that if LeBron didn't dominate the ball Wade would be at 6-7 assists per game and he is a better passer than Kobe. D-Wade is also averaging more spg, and more bpg. 1.1 blocks per game for Wade and .1 for Kobe. D-Wade is the better all around player and has been for a few seasons now, but watch, both NBA first team and 1st Defensive team will go to Kobe.

D-Wade is also shooting the ball close to 5% better than Kobe so he is MUCH more efficient.

**** this whole honor Kobe thing.

JARVIS123
03-26-2011, 11:49 AM
bottom line wade deserve it more than kobe.

Jaji
03-26-2011, 11:59 AM
I say Kobe simply because LeBron will have a spot. I don't think LeBron and D Wade will both make 1st team.

basketfan4life
03-26-2011, 12:10 PM
2 months ago everone was saying c.paul is the best pg in the league, now almost everone thinks rose is mvp...people underrate thibodeau.

Lakers4ItAll
03-26-2011, 12:39 PM
funny to see all the Heat fans whining about Wade

RIPSweetness34
03-26-2011, 12:43 PM
this cant be a serious question...

This can't be a serious answer. Why do people insist on doing this? Then don't open the thread, nobody cares what someone living in France thinks anyway. I say Black mamba, 2 seed in the West and still the best player on the defending champs.

RIPSweetness34
03-26-2011, 12:44 PM

I know right?

RIPSweetness34
03-26-2011, 12:46 PM
What hurts Wade is the fact that it's decided by the media.

No what hurts Wade is the fact he teamed up with Lebron and Bosh, and that D Rose has had a breakout year at the age of 22 and will probably be consistantly better than Wade for years to come.

RIPSweetness34
03-26-2011, 12:49 PM
The fact that they gave it to Kobe over Wade the last two years is bad enough, they're just honoring Kobe now.....no matter what Wade does.

Yea, I mean its not like Kobe did anything the last two years that would deserve that? Championships and MVP's are totally overrated. All accolades should go to the 3 queens for all their hard work putting themselves into the 3 seed.

John Walls Era
03-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Should be Wade.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Kobe. He will be on it every until he retires.

Cano4prez
03-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Wade will get snubbed

magic0320
03-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Wade will get snubbed

lol more like Kobe deserves more than Wade, because Kobe means more to his team and done WAY MORE than Wade did to his team. :facepalm:

Cano4prez
03-26-2011, 01:14 PM
lol more like Kobe deserves more than Wade, because Kobe means more to his team and done WAY MORE than Wade did to his team. :facepalm:

I guess..

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=bryanko01&y1=2011&p2=wadedw01&y2=2011

SportsFanatic10
03-26-2011, 01:15 PM

funny to see all the haters (lakers/bulls) fans *****ing about their players. wade clearly should be in one of the 2 guard spots since he's putting up better numbers right accross the board and thats with lebron having the ball in his hands mostly as well. here's wade's line from last nights game.

39pts 11reb 8ast 3stl 5blk just ridiculous someone that short can block so many shots so often (3rd or 4th time this yr he did it) and put up numbers everywhere else better than and more efficiently than kobe or rose as well.

enough said its just the media is obsessed with rose and kobe and most people hate the heat. wade is better than kobe at this point in their careers(as evidenced in both laker matchups when he locked him down) but people refuse to credit him for some reason.

Dade County
03-26-2011, 01:22 PM
Wade is the best player in the world, so I don't even no why this is a discussion.

Jamie fox:
pass the ball kobe... lmao

Nikeman
03-26-2011, 01:23 PM

Wow dude you are stupid..

Nikeman
03-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Funny to see Laker fans come in here and talk ****. At the top of the second page I posted the season stats.

NOT ONE LAKER FAN CAN ARGUED THAT.. basically coming in here and baiting.

And to the person that said Heat fans are pissed, yes I am pissed. If you read my post, number 1 on page 2, you'll see why too.

RaiderLakersA's
03-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Kobe.

Love it when people run down stats. Very counterintuitive, I think.

The fact is Wade has had to do more because of the obvious talent deficiencies and chemistry/role issues that the Heat presently have. But if Wade were a Laker and playing for a more balanced and identity-affirmed team, his stats would suffer.

Kobe is undisputedly the best player on an overall more balanced and talented team and still putting up comparable numbers to Wade while defending a Championship. You give the nod to Kobe here, if it comes down between Wade and Kobe.

C-Style
03-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Kobe, for sure Wade is having similar stats to Kobe and Kobe is averaging 4 minutes less, he's the first option, closer, the leader of the team, Wade is not, Kobe will rank higher than Wade for MVP...But Wad still deserves the other spot over Rose.

Kobe>Wade>>>Rose

theheatles
03-26-2011, 01:55 PM
rose can set the precedent that the mvp isn't even necessarily 1st team all nba worthy

Cano4prez
03-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Wade is doing better than Kobe regardless of minutes played, role on the team etc..

Purple&Gold24
03-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Kobe. He will be on it every until he retires.

:clap:

Purple&Gold24
03-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Kobe.

The fact is Wade has had to do more because of the obvious talent deficiencies and chemistry/role issues that the Heat presently have. But if Wade were a Laker and playing for a more balanced and identity-affirmed team, his stats would suffer.

Kobe is undisputedly the best player on an overall more balanced and talented team and still putting up comparable numbers to Wade while defending a Championship. You give the nod to Kobe here, if it comes down between Wade and Kobe.

This x103090438950985

Master Mind
03-26-2011, 02:18 PM
No what hurts Wade is the fact he teamed up with Lebron and Bosh, and that D Rose has had a breakout year at the age of 22 and will probably be consistantly better than Wade for years to come.

:eyebrow:

TylerSL
03-26-2011, 02:26 PM
It should be Wade and Kobe, but they people that pick it WILL pick Rose because he is the MVP. So it will come down to Wade or Kobe. I say its easy, Wade. Wade has a higher PER, TS%, eFG%, TRB%, STL%, BLK%, USG%, Ortg, Drtg, WS, and WS/48. Wade also shoots 5% higher than Kobe and averages more points and rebounds while only .4 less assists and his assists would be at lik 6-7 if not for Lebron being on his team. Wade has been better across the board, but the people that choose are such Kobe lovers, just like all defensive team................

TylerSL
03-26-2011, 02:29 PM
:eyebrow:

I lol'd at that.

footballer2369
03-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Kobe.

What's counterintuitive is your logic.

If Wade is already much more efficient AND he has to do more, he would be even more efficient if he didn't have to (and Kobe would be even less efficient if he did).

Wade is clearly better and has been for years. The only argument for Kobe is an argument intended to discredit stats, which is kind of a joke.

Vidball
03-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Kobe.

:clap::clap::clap:

The player nobody wants to face in a 7 game series on the team nobody wants to face in a 7 game series. No way a 3rd seed deserves two first team spots.

AIRMAR72
03-26-2011, 03:21 PM
WADE allday

MacFitz92
03-26-2011, 03:22 PM
G Wade/Rose/Kobe
F LeBron/KD/Dirk/Amar'e
C Dwight

Can't see it being anyone else than any of these guys.

rabueed
03-26-2011, 05:15 PM
G Wade/Rose/Kobe
F LeBron/KD/Dirk/Amar'e
C Dwight

Can't see it being anyone else than any of these guys.

loving the "straight to the point, screw everyone arguing" statement. ;)

very accurate post. Lebron's a lock as one of the forwards, but the other one is up for grabs between those 3 players.

and I wanna learn how to Jimmer too. :D

COOLbeans
03-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Wade..

rcal10
03-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Kobe, for sure Wade is having similar stats to Kobe and Kobe is averaging 4 minutes less, he's the first option, closer, the leader of the team, Wade is not, Kobe will rank higher than Wade for MVP...But Wad still deserves the other spot over Rose.

Kobe>Wade>>>Rose

If this is not an example of Rose hate, I do not know what is? Wade way better than Rose? Come on. This is 2011, not 2009. You can argue that Wade and Kobe should be the starters, but to call Kobe better than Wade and then Wade way better than Rose is just a biased opinion. I say it whoudl be Kobe and Rose.

Hawkeye15
03-26-2011, 05:30 PM
how should the 1st team look??

Wade
Kobe
LeBron
Dirk
Howard

How will it look?

Rose
Kobe
LeBron
Dirk
Howard

Sadds The Gr8
03-26-2011, 05:30 PM
Wade is the best player in the world, so I don't even no why this is a discussion.

Jamie fox:
pass the ball kobe... lmao

haha i remember that

Hawkeye15
03-26-2011, 05:31 PM
If this is not an example of Rose hate, I do not know what is? Wade way better than Rose? Come on. This is 2011, not 2009. You can argue that Wade and Kobe should be the starters, but to call Kobe better than Wade and then Wade way better than Rose is just a biased opinion. I say it whoudl be Kobe and Rose.

how is his statement hating on Rose dude?

Is your statement hating on Wade then?

God that term gets thrown around here so loosely

tangent12
03-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Rose.

Cano4prez
03-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Wade is the best guard in the NBA as of now..

rabueed
03-26-2011, 05:48 PM
how should the 1st team look??

Wade
Kobe
LeBron
Dirk
Howard

How will it look?

Rose
Kobe
LeBron
Dirk
Howard

Hey, Hawkeye, can you do me a favor and back this up? The Wade-over-Rose scenario.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I just want to have it in my arsenal of knowledge when I talk this out with friends. Simple reason I'm asking you is because I feel Rose should hold a higher "position" than some people give him credit for and I want to know the argument against it.

And the reason I'm asking you specifically is because I respect you as a poster on this site and looking through this thread, I can't find very many respectable posters to choose from that have the same argument. :D

dwadefan03
03-26-2011, 05:48 PM
=

Hawkeye15
03-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Hey, Hawkeye, can you do me a favor and back this up? The Wade-over-Rose scenario.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I just want to have it in my arsenal of knowledge when I talk this out with friends. Simple reason I'm asking you is because I feel Rose should hold a higher "position" than some people give him credit for and I want to know the argument against it.

And the reason I'm asking you specifically is because I respect you as a poster on this site and looking through this thread, I can't find very many respectable posters to choose from that have the same argument. :D

sure, a bit later. However, any argument against Rose being on 1st team must end with, "That being said, if Rose is named MVP, there is no way you can leave him off 1st team all NBA, whether you think its right or wrong".

I will post a bit later my thoughts on Wade versus Rose however.

Lakerhead4ever
03-26-2011, 05:56 PM
i think it should go to kobe, hes been more consistent this whole year lets face it. and im not knocking wade but he started off horrible this season.

kobe has played injured all season and still putting up mvp numbers, and dnt miss games for nothing.

thoughs who say wade should be a clear choice are prolly just dedicated wade fans.

and fyi, in the past if kobe got first choice its bcuz hes better, kobe is always top 3 in mvp runnings, wade isnt. that should answer quetions.

justinnum1
03-26-2011, 06:16 PM
should be either wade/rose or wade/kobe

Jewelz0376
03-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Funny to see Laker fans come in here and talk ****. At the top of the second page I posted the season stats.

NOT ONE LAKER FAN CAN ARGUED THAT.. basically coming in here and baiting.

And to the person that said Heat fans are pissed, yes I am pissed. If you read my post, number 1 on page 2, you'll see why too.

You know what i noticed about your season stats...Wade plays 4 more mins than Kobe..since you wanna compare per game stats lets make it fair and compare per 36 per game numbers

Kobe 26.7 ppg, 5.1 ast, 5.5 rpg, 1.2 stls
Wade 24.7 ppg, 4.3 ast, 6.3 rpg, 1.4 stls

drobe86
03-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Wade over Kobe... Kobe has clearly declined this season... Look at the stats. Dude has absolutely no explosiveness left

Fnom11
03-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Kobe, because NBA fans are dumb. Wade's literally superior in every stat except 3pt shooting and FT.

Jewelz0376
03-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Wade over Kobe... Kobe has clearly declined this season... Look at the stats. Dude has absolutely no explosiveness left

His per 36 numbers are actually pretty much the same as last year..as well as his shooting %s

footballer2369
03-26-2011, 06:59 PM
His per 36 numbers are actually pretty much the same as last year..as well as his shooting %s

And, just like last year, they are inferior to Wade's- pretty much everywhere.

Nikeman
03-26-2011, 07:08 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

The player nobody wants to face in a 7 game series on the team nobody wants to face in a 7 game series. No way a 3rd seed deserves two first team spots.

Funniest thing I've read all day.

He almost BLEW Game 7 for LA by his horrendous shooting.

Nikeman
03-26-2011, 07:12 PM
You know what i noticed about your season stats...Wade plays 4 more mins than Kobe..since you wanna compare per game stats lets make it fair and compare per 36 per game numbers

Hhaahah, that is speculation dude, cause Kobe ain't averagin 26.7.. and he is shooting 5% below Wade, which is pretty significant to me.

Jewelz0376
03-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Hhaahah, that is speculation dude, cause Kobe ain't averagin 26.7.. and he is shooting 5% below Wade, which is pretty significant to me.

Kobe averages 25 in 34 mins... But your right it's bs to assume that Kobe could make 1 shot or 2 ft's in an extra 2 mins?? lol yea whatever you say

Wade does shoot better %'s because 84% of kobe's shots are jumpers compared to Wade's 61%...shooting 46% from the field when 84% of your shots are jumpers is very impressive..

Cano4prez
03-26-2011, 07:33 PM

And when you go to advanced statistics Wade trumps Kobe in literally every category.. from TS%, ORTG, DRTG, eFG%, OWS, DWS, WS/48, etc

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p2=bryanko01&y2=2011&p3=wadedw01&y3=2011

What is your excuse for that?

Jewelz0376
03-26-2011, 07:44 PM
And when you go to advanced statistics Wade trumps Kobe in literally every category.. from TS%, ORTG, DRTG, eFG%, OWS, DWS, WS/48, etc

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p2=bryanko01&y2=2011&p3=wadedw01&y3=2011

What is your excuse for that?

No excuse...Wade is a great player and statistically he's a better individual player....I use stats as well as watching games...If you feel Wade is the better player, because his stats are better then its whatever, makes no difference to me and my opinion...

Purple&Gold24
03-26-2011, 07:47 PM

:laugh: niceeee!

mrs rose
03-26-2011, 07:48 PM
WADE
#thatisall

sixer04fan
03-26-2011, 07:51 PM
Kobe

SB1
03-26-2011, 07:51 PM
Wade

chitown815
03-26-2011, 07:52 PM
First off the whole Kobe and Wade is getting stupid, because Rose is a virtual lock, Kobe has one of the deepest benches in the league, and a more balanced team, Dwade lights out on defense not much of a bench, has to take alot of the load (even with Lebron) it should be

G Derrick Rose F Lebron James C Dwight Howard as the LOCKS

but G Dwade should and F Dirk but Durant is close

2nd team

Kobe, Ginobili
Durant, L Aldridge
Al Jefferson

Cano4prez
03-26-2011, 07:53 PM
No excuse...Wade is a great player and statistically he's a better individual player....I use stats as well as watching games...If you feel Wade is the better player, because his stats are better then its whatever, makes no difference to me and my opinion...

They are both great players, but I've seen every Heat game this year and I can honestly say I think Wade is better than Kobe at this point in their careers. Now that's just my opinion, and everyone has a different one.

Purple&Gold24
03-26-2011, 07:53 PM
Wade is the best guard in the NBA as of now..

:punish Cana4senate seriously? C'mon if Imagine this.
If Wade was on the Lakers & Kobe was on the heat.
Just think about that. Please.
Who be the better team?
I mean Wade is one of my favorite players
in the NBA always has been, but you just cant
say that right now.

footballer2369
03-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Who be the better team?
say that right now.

The Lakers are much better with Wade, and the Heat are slightly worse.

They are both great players, but I've seen every Heat game this year and I can honestly say I think Wade is better than Kobe at this point in their careers. Now that's just my opinion, and everyone has a different one.

That might be true if the vast majority of people weren't sheeple, leeching their opinions from pop-media.

chitown815
the lakers would be better with wade.............

Cano4prez
Who be the better team?
say that right now.

The Lakers would be the better team, but that doesn't mean anything.. The Lakers have a better team than the Heat this year and the Heat have beat them twice.

RCarlson85
03-26-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm going to go with Wade on this one. It doesn't seem like a hard choice to me. The Heat and Lakers are only separated by 2 games so you can't really say that the Lakers are far superior so Kobe deserves it more. Wade has superior stats to Kobe in basically every category and is the better player on both ends of the court.

WADE:
Points - 25.6 FG% - .498 Rebounds - 6.6 Assists - 4.4 Steals - 1.5 Blocks - 1.1

KOBE:
Points - 25.1 FG% - .455 Rebounds - 5.2 Assists - 4.8 Steals - 1.2 Blocks - 0.1

mrs rose
03-26-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm going to go with Wade on this one. It doesn't seem like a hard choice to me. The Heat and Lakers are only separated by 2 games so you can't really say that the Lakers are far superior so Kobe deserves it more. Wade has superior stats to Kobe in basically every category and is the better player on both ends of the court.

WADE:
KOBE:

:speechless:

dodie53
03-26-2011, 09:09 PM
kobe will get it.

Vidball
03-26-2011, 10:56 PM
Funniest thing I've read all day.

He almost BLEW Game 7 for LA by his horrendous shooting.

Haha...love the selective memory. That was one of the greatest defensive games ever and it was won (as was the rest of that series) by rebounding. Only one Laker (and only one Celtic for that matter) shot over 50% in that defensive game. Kobe led all players in points and defensive rebounds. He had 5 more rebounds than any Celtic had that game (he also had more rebounds than the combined total of the C's starting SG, PF, and C). The only Laker getting any open looks was Artest because of the double's being drawn on Kobe. He almost BLEW the game though...lol. Keep hating the greatest player of this generation. I know you're sick of him making it to the Finals every year, but just sit back and appreciate him on his way to his 6th ring.

Hawkeye15
03-27-2011, 03:10 AM

first off, lets talk roles. Wade puts up better numbers despite taking a backseat this summer to LeBron.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=rosede01&y1=2011&p2=wadedw01&y2=2011

Wade is flat out a better scorer. He draws fouls at a ridiculous rate. He takes less shots, yet has a higher PER (a statistic that favors Rose due to shot creation, ie, players who shoot a lot). Wade's TS%, eFG%, offensive ratings, area all higher. He simply is a better, more efficient scorer, even as a second option most nights. If we are asking who the better player is, that certainly has to come into play. Wade's offensive production, rebounding, and defense, are all better than Rose currently, and its by a decent amount.

That being said, if and when Rose wins MVP (which many of us here have been campaigning against, but oh well), Wade will be removed from the 1st team for Rose.

sunsfan88
03-27-2011, 03:14 AM
Should be Wade but Lakers are the media favorite so they will likely get it. I wouldn't even be surprised if Gasol was the PF not Amare or Nowitzki.

magic0320
03-27-2011, 03:25 AM
first off, lets talk roles. Wade puts up better numbers despite taking a backseat this summer to LeBron.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=rosede01&y1=2011&p2=wadedw01&y2=2011

Wade is flat out a better scorer. He draws fouls at a ridiculous rate. He takes less shots, yet has a higher PER (a statistic that favors Rose due to shot creation, ie, players who shoot a lot). Wade's TS%, eFG%, offensive ratings, area all higher. He simply is a better, more efficient scorer, even as a second option most nights. If we are asking who the better player is, that certainly has to come into play. Wade's offensive production, rebounding, and defense, are all better than Rose currently, and its by a decent amount.

That being said, if and when Rose wins MVP (which many of us here have been campaigning against, but oh well), Wade will be removed from the 1st team for Rose.

haha due numbers are not the whole story. it's about how you put your team in best position to win the game, and wade is nowhere near kobe's level and never will be :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Cano4prez
03-27-2011, 03:30 AM
haha due numbers are not the whole story. it's about how you put your team in best position to win the game, and wade is nowhere near kobe's level and never will be :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Do all of your posts contain facepalms? And Wade isthe better player this year.

Hawkeye15
03-27-2011, 03:31 AM

um, re-read the post dude. Kobe wasn't even brought up. The poster asked me to compare Wade and Rose.

Also, look back a couple of pages, and you will see your hero made my 1st team all NBA

SteBO
03-27-2011, 09:08 AM
I get you're a Lakers fan, but at least be reasonable. I know you're going to bring up rings, which will actually work against your claim that first team all-nba is about putting your team in the best position to win. Bryants' supporting cast was much greater than Wades' last two years. Wades' in a betters position now based on that aspect alone, so no, Kobe is not head and shoulders above Wade.

Panthers4life
03-27-2011, 10:01 AM
kobe

ldawg
03-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Wade and Lebron should be snub from any first team. They don't have the full focus of any teams attention you just can't leave one of them like you can for Artest and Fisher and zone on kobe. The stats don't tell the story of what unfolds in a game, not to talk of kobes lesser minutes this year. Remove Lebron from heat then then we can talk who is the best when he no longer have that luxury of feeding off each others plate. This is Why i like and respect D Rose, the d is focus him him yet he gets it done. Is Rose stats better than Wade or Lebron? no but its how he is winning not his stats. Bulls do need a sg and that will hurt them in the playoffs against the heat because its two against one in a 7 game series. That put alot of pressure on rose like it does with Kobe. Rose and Kobe don't have that advantage those bandwagon heatles have remove one of them lets even it up i'll bet he beat you. Double up thats how they like it, easy. Thats the punky way to win, no respect for that hope they loose in the first round.

daleja424
03-27-2011, 10:35 AM
looking at the numbers its Wade... They are very evenly matched in points and assists, but Wade out rebounds Kobe, has a distinctive edge in blocks and steals, and is a WAY more efficient scorer.

Kobe will get it b/c of the media, but he DOES NOT DESERVE THE SELECTION OVER WADE this year

Master Mind
03-27-2011, 10:58 AM
looking at the numbers its Wade... They are very evenly matched in points and assists, but Wade out rebounds Kobe, has a distinctive edge in blocks and steals, and is a WAY more efficient scorer.

Kobe will get it b/c of the media, but he DOES NOT DESERVE THE SELECTION OVER WADE this year

Yeah but as you can see some PSDers don't like to go by numbers/facts like the guy above your post. Sorry to say that its about popularity at that point and Kobe and the new darling of PSD (NBA Forum) Derrick Rose are hard to argue against in here as well as the media...

Master Mind
03-27-2011, 11:08 AM
Wade and Lebron should be snub from any first team. They don't have the full focus of any teams attention you just can't leave one of them like you can for Artest and Fisher and zone on kobe. The stats don't tell the story of what unfolds in a game, not to talk of kobes lesser minutes this year. Remove Lebron from heat then then we can talk who is the best when he no longer have that luxury of feeding off each others plate. This is Why i like and respect D Rose, the d is focus him him yet he gets it done. Is Rose stats better than Wade or Lebron? no but its how he is winning not his stats. Bulls do need a sg and that will hurt them in the playoffs against the heat because its two against one in a 7 game series. That put alot of pressure on rose like it does with Kobe. Rose and Kobe don't have that advantage those bandwagon heatles have remove one of them lets even it up i'll bet he beat you. Double up thats how they like it, easy. Thats the punky way to win, no respect for that.

:violin:

Tissue?

ldawg
03-27-2011, 11:12 AM
:violin:

Tissue?no tissue needed. but i do hope they loose for being punks and taking the easy road to success, 0 respect. Don't get to happy because they have not won anything yet. Its still a ? at this point. Pass super teams thought it would be easy to but never won and i hope that remain so to keep like players from doubling up and keep the competitiveness in the game.

Big Zo
03-27-2011, 11:20 AM
no tissue needed. but i do hope they loose for being punks and taking the easy road to success. 0 respect

Being vilified by everyone and their mother and having every team gunning for them is the easy road to success?

daleja424
03-27-2011, 11:21 AM
lol... you sir are a joke.

Jordan had Pippen
Kobe had Shaq
Magic had Kareem
etc
etc
etc

get off your high horse and try viewing history with some semblance of objectivity.

Yunqn
03-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Wade is better than kobe.. Let it go..

rose
Wade
kobe
Lebron
Dwight. If people can slate durant or carmelo into the pf spot then why not lebron?
I think people are forgetting when wade didn't have a team and act like lebron been there forever ..

Wade did just as much as kobe and vice versa when BOTH has no teams so laker fans need to stop acting like he's been hoisting trophies by his lonesome.. Then only players who I would put ahead of them is Dwight and cleary lebron..

Lebron
Dwight
wade
Kobe
After that its really who you like until we are how far rose goes..

Having said all that.. Ima bulls fan and I been a rose fan before he even played his first game at Memphis unlike 70% of bulls fans who would actually take beasley over rose and didn't think rose would ever be GOod enough to be a top 7 player..

bulls_world23
03-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Wade

Yunqn
03-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Not one laker fan is giving a better case than the heat ones... But I still hate ya both..

Love benny(bull)

daleja424
03-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Id go with:

Rose
Wade
James
Durant
Howard

then on second team:

Westbrook
Kobe
Dirk
Love
Duncan

ldawg
03-27-2011, 11:34 AM
next years super team Chris Paul,fields,Melo,Amare,Howard to add to the list lets just have 5 teams in the nba lets all make it easy and have super teams. so we get to watch 1 good game every month.

Master Mind
03-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Being vilified by everyone and their mother and having every team gunning for them is the easy road to success?

lol... you sir are a joke.

Jordan had Pippen
Kobe had Shaq
Magic had Kareem
etc
etc
etc

get off your high horse and try viewing history with some semblance of objectivity.

They don't realize these things guys

ldawg
03-27-2011, 11:45 AM
They don't realize these things guysno i don't because they do not overlap each other totally different players. Pippen was never a 28ppg franchise player not even when Jordan left, Pippen was more similar to Deng with more handles. If Kobe played with Ai then i would agree but its a center with a guard.

daleja424
03-27-2011, 11:47 AM
and where exactly do your allegiances lie idawg?

daleja424
03-27-2011, 11:48 AM
no i don't because they do not overlap each other totally different players. Pippen was never a 28ppg franchise player either. Not even when Jordan left.

nope but he was a hall of fame defender and the PERFECT sidekick to the greatest player in NBA history..... yet you blame wade and lebron for looking for a similar sidekick.

seriously... grow up

SteBO
03-27-2011, 11:56 AM
Wade and Lebron should be snub from any first team. They don't have the full focus of any teams attention you just can't leave one of them like you can for Artest and Fisher and zone on kobe. The stats don't tell the story of what unfolds in a game, not to talk of kobes lesser minutes this year. Remove Lebron from heat then then we can talk who is the best when he no longer have that luxury of feeding off each others plate. This is Why i like and respect D Rose, the d is focus him him yet he gets it done. Is Rose stats better than Wade or Lebron? no but its how he is winning not his stats. Bulls do need a sg and that will hurt them in the playoffs against the heat because its two against one in a 7 game series. That put alot of pressure on rose like it does with Kobe. Rose and Kobe don't have that advantage those bandwagon heatles have remove one of them lets even it up i'll bet he beat you. Double up thats how they like it, easy. Thats the punky way to win, no respect for that hope they loose in the first round.

no tissue needed. but i do hope they loose for being punks and taking the easy road to success, 0 respect. Don't get to happy because they have not won anything yet. Its still a ? at this point. Pass super teams thought it would be easy to but never won and i hope that remain so to keep like players from doubling up and keep the competitiveness in the game.

next years super team Chris Paul,fields,Melo,Amare,Howard to add to the list lets just have 5 teams in the nba lets all make it easy and have super teams. so we get to watch 1 good game every month.

no i don't because they do not overlap each other totally different players. Pippen was never a 28ppg franchise player either. Not even when Jordan left, Pippen was more similar to Deng with more handles. If Kobe played with Ai then i would agree but its a center with a guard.
So you're letting your own personal bias and feelings toward what went down override logic and history? If you keep this up, you sir, are not winning this argument. Sorry.

ldawg
03-27-2011, 12:06 PM
nope but he was a hall of fame defender and the PERFECT sidekick to the greatest player in NBA history..... yet you blame wade and lebron for looking for a similar sidekick.

seriously... grow upWade and Lebron are franchise players not side kicks there are lesser players in the nba for that, who are good but not that great.

SteBO
03-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Wade and Lebron are franchise players not side kicks there are lesser players in the nba for that, who are good but not that great.
So what?

ldawg
03-27-2011, 12:13 PM
So what?so i cannot give them respect for not competing against each other in hope of winning rings the easy way. how can i lable you the best when you play with the best player. nothing is wrong with them playing together they have that right but it does not mean i have to agree with it.

justinnum1
03-27-2011, 12:16 PM
^terrible logic

SteBO
03-27-2011, 12:18 PM
so i cannot give them respect for not competing against each other in hope of winning rings the easy way. how can i lable you the best when you play with the best player. nothing is wrong with them playing together they have that right but it does not mean i have to agree with it.
Whether you agree with it or not doesn't matter. Use logic, history, and sensible reasoning. Wade and LeBron are without a doubt worthy of NBA first team, and that's just the reality now, whether you like it or not. You can't let personal feelings override logic, sorry.

ldawg
03-27-2011, 12:19 PM
So what?

^terrible logicits not a logic. like every one said any player in the nba can avg 30ppg but how. any player can win rings but how? Robert horry has more rings than Jordan was he a better player? All of the great players can form star stud teams.

Big Zo
03-27-2011, 12:23 PM
so i cannot give them respect for not competing against each other in hope of winning rings the easy way. how can i lable you the best when you play with the best player. nothing is wrong with them playing together they have that right but it does not mean i have to agree with it.

So great players shouldn't play with other great players because it's all about individuals and not the team. Gotcha.

daleja424
03-27-2011, 12:24 PM
so you cannot label them the best b.c you know they are the best.

that makes so much sense...

daleja424
03-27-2011, 12:26 PM
...lets just skip this debate and call it what it is...

you are jealous that your team does not have two superstars and you despise the HEAT b/c they make you nervous as a team. There is nothing more to it than that.

ldawg
03-27-2011, 12:35 PM
so you cannot label them the best b.c you know they are the best.

that makes so much sense...Most people would not put Rose in the same breath as Lebron but he is just as good. so no i do not Lable Lebron the best player in the NBA. However i do acknowledge he has a size advantage so he appears better but from a skill stand point i don't lable him a clear cut best. Sorry if i am not the type of person that follow the Media or stats i watch the games. That is something the ref and nba cannot alter.

RIPSweetness34
03-27-2011, 12:40 PM
I lol'd at that.

Of course you did, but you couldn't argue against it. Wade will begin to decline while Rose is still getting better. I saw someone talk about Wades stats last night which were rediculous but ignored the fact that Rose put up 30/17 and was the first player to do so since Mike. Not saying Wade isn't awesome, just saying he is at his peak and will be on the down slide soon while D rose will still be climbing.

daleja424
03-27-2011, 12:45 PM
obviously wade will decline sooner...wade is 6+ years older than Rose. Are you trying to make a point or just point out an obvious fact?

chicago lulz
03-27-2011, 01:01 PM

WADE:

KOBE:

How are you going to state that a 2 game difference isn't a big deal, and then say how Wades stats are superior to Kobe's?

.498 FG% means out of 20 shots, Wade would be expected to make 9.96 shots compared to Kobe's 9.1. Rounding up that would be 1 more shot than Kobe. Which by your standards wouldn't be a lot.

They're stats are similar, just as they're records are

FuriousJatt
03-27-2011, 01:03 PM
kobe should get it... hes putting up similar #s as last year and playing few less minutes a game... not to mention my hate for heat players ;)

Idontcare
03-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Rose and Kobe both deserve it if wade gets it he will deserve it as well but I'd go with Kobe he's still considered by many the best in the game and his overall game is the best by far even though the stats don't show it...he's been a big reason for the lakers success since the all-star break...
And by seeing all these responses I just have to say this to the heat fans do u guys really think wade is better then Kobe? Like really or is it homerism taking over it's one thing to say lebron is better then Kobe which is arguable but to say wade is better? Only heat fans and Kobe haters think that...

Cool007
03-27-2011, 05:20 PM
I think it's between Kobe/Rose/Wade. 2 of them will make it.

If they go by the Reputation - then it's D-Wade and Kobe

If they go by the records - then it's D-Rose and Kobe.

as simple as that.

Cano4prez
03-27-2011, 05:22 PM
I think it's between Kobe/Rose/Wade. 2 of them will make it.

If they go by the Reputation - then it's D-Wade and Kobe

If they go by the records - then it's D-Rose and Kobe.

as simple as that.

Or they can go by the 2 best guards - then it's Wade and Kobe

nickdymez
03-27-2011, 07:37 PM

lmao... So your saying Kobe doesn't deserve it?

SportsFanatic10
03-27-2011, 08:05 PM
no obviously hes saying wade just deserves it more since hes better than kobe at this point in their careers and putting up better numbers.

i know kobe was the best player in the league for a long time but that has changed now. he is number 3 after lebron(1) and wade(2) and its obvious unless your a kobe homer. laker fans just have to let go of the notion that kobe was gonna be #1 till he retired cuz that just can't happen. age catches up to everyone. kobe is still the most clutch with the jumper though i'll say that.

chitown815
03-27-2011, 08:43 PM
by records kobe? Heat have the head to head on the Lakers and are only a game and a half behind them.....
Wade is also a better basketball player
Rose and Wade

iggypop123
03-28-2011, 12:17 AM

no way in hell an mvp doesnt get into at least first team. dont you think? i dont know if its happened before but i dont think it has

Cano4prez
03-28-2011, 12:19 AM
no way in hell an mvp doesnt get into at least first team. dont you think? i dont know if its happened before but i dont think it has

Bill Russel and Dave Cowens

Crackadalic
03-28-2011, 12:24 AM
Both should be 1st teams. They've been the best guards this season no question

RIPSweetness34
03-28-2011, 04:36 PM
obviously wade will decline sooner...wade is 6+ years older than Rose. Are you trying to make a point or just point out an obvious fact?

My point is that if D Rose gets the MVP and wins a championship in his 3rd year like D Wade, then there is not a person on the planet who can say D Wade is better than D Rose at this point in his career or for the rest of D Wades career. Chances are unless Kobe retires after this year, Wade will not be seeing too many more All NBA teams. Sorry Heat fans, that is D Rose's spot now. It's just funny because so many of you have been talking poorly of Rose before the season started, and through out it.

RIPSweetness34
03-28-2011, 04:38 PM

And this is why it's dumb to argue with you guys. When was the last time Wade and Lebron beat Rose?

Cano4prez
03-28-2011, 04:38 PM
My point is that if D Rose gets the MVP and wins a championship in his 3rd year like D Wade, then there is not a person on the planet who can say D Wade is better than D Rose at this point in his career or for the rest of D Wades career. Chances are unless Kobe retires after this year, Wade will not be seeing too many more All NBA teams. Sorry Heat fans, that is D Rose's spot now. It's just funny because so many of you have been talking poorly of Rose before the season started, and through out it.

Even if that does happen Wade will still be better than Rose

Cano4prez
03-28-2011, 04:39 PM
And this is why it's dumb to argue with you guys. When was the last time Wade and Lebron beat Rose?

I guess JJ Hickson>Amare

RIPSweetness34
03-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Even if that does happen Wade will still be better than Rose

Based off what? Rose is 22, Wade was still playing in the final 4 at that age. Rose has every accolade that Wade doesn't in less time other than a ring and a finals MVP. So if Rose accomplished that 3 years before Wade did in his career I am not really sure how you can make that argument. Plus last time I checked Kobe and Wade played the same position, which is SG. So this really shouldn't even be an argument anyway.

RIPSweetness34
03-28-2011, 04:45 PM
I guess JJ Hickson>Amare

Is Amare 0-3 against Cleveland this year?

Cano4prez
03-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Based off what? Rose is 22, Wade was still playing in the final 4 at that age. Rose has every accolade that Wade doesn't in less time other than a ring and a finals MVP. So if Rose accomplished that 3 years before Wade did in his career I am not really sure how you can make that argument. Plus last time I checked Kobe and Wade played the same position, which is SG. So this really shouldn't even be an argument anyway.

None of that matters, even if Rose wins Finals MVP Wade will still be better than him right now. This isn't even debatable. And the All NBA team specifies two G's, two F's, and 1 C. Wade and Kobe can both make it if the media chooses the two best guards.

Cano4prez
03-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Is Amare 0-3 against Cleveland this year?

Yes. And the Knicks are 2-0 vs the Bulls this year, so by your logic Felton>Rose

Lakers + Giants
03-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Should be Rose and Kobe. But i'd be OK with Rose and Wade, or Wade and Kobe. Kobe an Wade are basically equal imo.

HakeemTheDream
03-28-2011, 06:15 PM
This award will lose what little respect I have left for it if Wade doesn't make 1st.

footballer2369
03-28-2011, 06:17 PM

There are two guard spots (can be 2 PGs, 2 SGs, or mixed) and Wade is easily better than Rose on both ends.

CowboysKB24
03-28-2011, 11:43 PM
Wade.

Kobe means more to his team, but Wade is the better player. I am not sure how they judge for this, but individually it is Wade.

marlinsfan24
03-28-2011, 11:49 PM
For those even thinking Rose>Wade at all

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596088

Rose still has a lot to accomplish to get to Wade's level.

CowboysKB24
03-29-2011, 12:07 AM
For those even thinking Rose>Wade at all

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596088

Rose still has a lot to accomplish to get to Wade's level.

No one thinks that except for Bulls fan. Don't go out of your way.