PDA

View Full Version : Shaq on Bynum and Howard: "They won’t dare play me one-on-one"

Gators123
03-25-2011, 05:54 PM
http://thelakersnation.com/blog/2011/03/25/shaq-on-bynum-%E2%80%9Cwon%E2%80%99t-dare-play-me-one-on-one%E2%80%9D/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Shaquille OíNeal didnít necessarily just go after Andrew Bynum, but he did comment on the possibility of facing two of the best big men in the league, in this years NBA playoffs.

OíNeal was asked by ESPNís Marc Stein, if he was looking forward to going up against guys like Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum in the playoffs.

OíNeal: Excuse me? Donít ask me a question like that.

Marc Stein: But thatís what people want to know. Those guys are playing so well and everyone wants to see if you can match up with them one-on-one.

OíNeal: First of all, they wonít dare play me one-on-one, even at the tender age of 39. And you know what? Playiní those teams, it ainít gonna be about the [center] matchup, so I donít really worry about that.

Shaq turned 39 years old in March, and has only appeared in 36 games this season for the Celtics. According to a team source, Shaq is scheduled to return April 1st, in time to be ready for the playoffs.

hugepatsfan
03-25-2011, 05:56 PM
This is odd. He's usually so reserved and humble...

PippensBulls
03-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Let the man make himself feel better.

DJakk
03-25-2011, 05:58 PM
He has lost weight, I want to see how he does.

Cano4prez
Maybe 10 years ago

HoopsDrive

i c wat u did ther

NBA_Starter
03-25-2011, 06:03 PM
We'll see I guess.

ManRam
03-25-2011, 06:05 PM
Yes, the Magic are going to be sending Brandon Bass to help Dwight double Shaq :rolleyes:

D Roses Bulls
03-25-2011, 06:07 PM
alright shaqs new knick name is now "the big delusional"

redsox0717
03-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Maybe 10 years ago

10 years ago he would rip them apart. Especially Bynum.

Sadds The Gr8
03-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Prime Shaq would queef on both of them.

Crackadalic
03-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Dont mess with the Shaq man!!!

Chi StateOfMind
03-25-2011, 06:11 PM
sure shaq whatever floats ur boat keep talking from the bench....someone should take the boot off his leg and switch it to his mouth

please howard would bang him....and whoever said 10 years ago that but maybe even like 5

Sportfan
03-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Funny thing is, he could STILL wreck Bynum.

Not Dwight though

shep33
03-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Teams like Miami may have to double at times, but Orlando and LA don't have to at all.

ChicagoRox
03-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Shaq still gives the best one liners. lol. He is wrong/right. He is wrong, because they might not double team him, cause he might not even be able to play. He is right cause, You got to worry abour pierce, rondo, garnett, allen.

KH12
03-25-2011, 06:20 PM
It's not that they wouldn't dare play him, it's that they can't, because Shaq is always injured.

Kevj77
03-25-2011, 06:25 PM
Shaq isn't the same man he was. Howard will dominate him and Bynum is at least his equal. Age and his poor work ethic caught up to him. It happens to everyone. Prime Shaq would crush both of them, but he hasn't been that Shaq since his second year in Miami.

This Shaq misses half of the regular season, plays around 20 minutes a game, only averages 9-10 points per game and is a 3rd or 4th option on his team. That sounds just like Bynum. That is what Shaq has become, but Bynum is better defensively and on the boards.

shep33
03-25-2011, 06:25 PM
He's gotta stop picking up fouls... the guy averages 3.3 fouls per game in 20 mpg.

Also if they want to throw him the ball on the post against Howard or Bynum, that's exactly what Orlando and LA would want, Boston is most effective when the ball is moving and they're running their super effiicent offense.

Bullsfan22
03-25-2011, 06:28 PM
lol shaq.. when is he going to join TNT.

loveofthegame87
03-25-2011, 06:29 PM
It saddens me to witness an all-time great can't see that he has lost most of what he was.

championships
03-25-2011, 06:30 PM
Shaq woke up thinking he was still 25. Must have been a damn good dream.

gauth25
03-25-2011, 06:34 PM
Funny thing is, he could STILL wreck Bynum.

Not Dwight though

Last time I checked, Bynum just wrecked Howard. Not sure if you noticed but Bynum has 20lbs on Howard.

Shaq wouldn't handle either of them right now. The only way he could is if he got away with non-calls because of who he is.

A few years ago I would agree with him but definitely not now. How about getting back on the court before running your mouth.

MJ-BULLS
03-25-2011, 06:36 PM
Shaq is one of the best C's of all time. but his swag is still apparently real high. but i know for a fact that he will have a tough time playing with the likes of Howard and Bynum.

Geargo Wallace
03-25-2011, 06:36 PM
why can't playoffs just start nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww?

MickeyMgl
03-25-2011, 06:38 PM
top 5 center of all time, nuff said

1. Wilt
2. Kareem
3. Russell
4. Hakeem
5. Moses
6. Shaq
7. Robinson

nickdymez
03-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Maybe 10 years ago

10 years ago they would have to double team him

nickdymez
03-25-2011, 06:44 PM
1. Wilt
2. Kareem
3. Russell
4. Hakeem
5. shaq
6. Mosses
7. Robinson

Fixed

ManRam
03-25-2011, 06:48 PM
It saddens me to witness an all-time great can't see that he has lost most of what he was.

A) I don't think he was being entirely serious. If anything, it's just a bit of a hyperbole.
B) There is absolutely nothing wrong with being cocky and confident. Better to think more of yourself than less of yourself. You have to have that mentality to get to the NBA.

The only problem is that he is saying it, not what he's saying. He just needs to hush up and get healthy. But it's Shaq...so then again, it isn't a problem. He can bark all he wants. I guess he's "earned" that right.

SeoulBeatz
03-25-2011, 06:49 PM
In Shaq's case, this type of trashtalk is ok

Can you really blame the guy for being so confident after being so dominant for years?

I hate trashtalkers that can't back up their ****, but just look at shaq's credentials... he has a right have a big head.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-25-2011, 06:50 PM
too bad he cant play over 12 minutes

dtmagnet
03-25-2011, 06:51 PM

Hahaha that cracked me up, well played.

Raph12
03-25-2011, 07:16 PM
Dwight's played him 1v1 easily in both meetings, why would he bother doubling in the playoffs?

RaiderLakersA's
03-25-2011, 07:23 PM
http://thelakersnation.com/blog/2011/03/25/shaq-on-bynum-%E2%80%9Cwon%E2%80%99t-dare-play-me-one-on-one%E2%80%9D/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

...and when the Big Bad Wolf was old and tired and done huffing and puffing, he realized that all he had left was a big mouth.

Shaq is only half right about one thing: any match up with the Lakers will not be about the center position only. Bynum is the Lakers' 4th option, if that.

But if he's facing Orlando, he's going to have to reckon with Superman II, whether he admits it or not. D. Howard is just too integral a figure for the Magic's game plan.

Can.

You.

Dig.

It????

tangent12
03-25-2011, 07:30 PM
I don't like the Celtics but I do like Shaq.. I agree with him, these wannabe softies we call "centers" nowadays won't dare to go one on one with an old school true center like Shaq. Soft players like Dwight don't like contact or physical play, how many times have you seen Dwight cry like a baby and get all emotional whenever someone puts a single finger on him?

Shaq would push them around and they will look at the refs whining in search of answers.

godolphins
03-25-2011, 07:36 PM
:laugh2: He's kidding himself

John Walls Era
03-25-2011, 07:45 PM
Joel Anthony could guard him 1 on 1.

CowboysKB24
03-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Shaq being Shaq.

Hustlenomics
03-25-2011, 07:48 PM
he's one of the most humble players in the league, gotta respect him

-Kobe24-TJ19-
I don't like the Celtics but I do like Shaq.. I agree with him, these wannabe softies we call "centers" nowadays won't dare to go one on one with an old school true center like Shaq. Soft players like Dwight don't like contact or physical play, how many times have you seen Dwight cry like a baby and get all emotional whenever someone puts a single finger on him?

Shaq would push them around and they will look at the refs whining in search of answers.

dude are you serious:confused:

championships
I don't think any team will feel the need to double team the Big fatty anymore.

tangent12
03-25-2011, 07:50 PM

Dwight is soft..

championships
03-25-2011, 07:51 PM

You could ask that question about 90% of his posts. :p

tangent12
03-25-2011, 07:54 PM
This pretty much sums up my thoughts on Dwight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZTOLr7HvLo

marvILLous
03-25-2011, 07:58 PM
i think he was talking more from a defensive point of view.. everyone knows that shaq won't own either one of them offensively.. he probably knows that himself lol..

but defensively, shaq won't be dominated by howard or bynum.. he'll bang with both of them

Jenceman
03-25-2011, 08:06 PM
1. Wilt
2. Kareem
3. Russell
4. Hakeem
5. Moses
6. Shaq
7. Robinson

I'd put Shaq over Hakeem and Moses easily. He absolutely destroyed the league, friggin rules had to be made because of him. He is probably the most dominant player ever, he literally couldn't be stopped. The dude would just shed bodies on his way to the basket. No one stood a chance back in the early 2000s. His dominant (prime) years were better than every Center not named Wilt.

J4KOP99
03-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Big O'neal, always saying something.

On another note, I was playing NBA Jam today and completely forgot how fat and big they made Shaq look in that game. It was a pleasent surprise to say the least.

showtym24
03-25-2011, 08:07 PM
In his only game against bynum this year he fouled out with 0 points and 3 rebounds.

Avenged
03-25-2011, 08:08 PM
:laugh2: your in for a rude awakening Shaq. I remember in Bynum's rookie year, he completely humiliated him on a possession.

lakeshow3peat
03-25-2011, 08:34 PM
Hey Shaq remember last time you talked about a laker i think his name was Kobe yeah he is one more ring on you . But back to the topic i think both howard and bynum can handle the big green monster down low . So shaq hopefully we will see ya in the finals so you can say should have wanted to go back to purple n gold .

TboneM3
03-25-2011, 08:52 PM
:laugh2: your in for a rude awakening Shaq. I remember in Bynum's rookie year, he completely humiliated him on a possession.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPRqhNK6g6g

:clap:

Shaq was incredible, but you need to know when to leave with your dignity.

Avenged
03-25-2011, 08:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPRqhNK6g6g

:clap:

Shaq was incredible, but you need to know when to leave with your dignity.

:laugh: thats the one. Bynum was 17 years old at the time, and Shaq, well, he was up there in age. I wonder what would happen if Shaq had hit him? Bynum being under-aged and all.

handle
03-25-2011, 08:58 PM
I like Shaq. He can say whatever he wants, as far as I'm concerned.

rhino17
03-26-2011, 12:37 AM
Shaq tends to give credit when it it due, the last time I remember him giving another center credit was Yao

I'd put Shaq over Hakeem and Moses easily. He absolutely destroyed the league, friggin rules had to be made because of him. He is probably the most dominant player ever, he literally couldn't be stopped. The dude would just shed bodies on his way to the basket. No one stood a chance back in the early 2000s. His dominant (prime) years were better than every Center not named Wilt.

Shaq is #5, he would be the first to tell you that he should be ranked after Hakeem, he has said it many times

BALLER R
03-26-2011, 01:02 AM
he needs to be on the court before he talks...i use to like shaq but this guys talks a lot of ****

Savage Sunday
03-26-2011, 01:05 AM
Shaq tends to give credit when it it due, the last time I remember him giving another center credit was Yao

Shaq is #5, he would be the first to tell you that he should be ranked after Hakeem, he has said it many times

Shaq is the #2 C of All-Time IMO. Even as a #5 Center he still is a Top 10 player in NBA History regardless of any bias.

Shaq gives props to Hakeem, but he also disrespects Wilt and Kareem so dont act like his word means much of anything. Shaq was a more dominant Center than Hakeem, but Hakeem schooling a young Shaq doesn't mean prime Hakeem could stop older, smarter, better prime Lakers Shaq.

Savage Sunday
03-26-2011, 01:08 AM
he needs to be on the court before he talks...i use to like shaq but this guys talks a lot of ****

Hes always talked a lot of ****.

Lake_Show2416
03-26-2011, 03:22 AM
That walking boot is so intimidating Shaq ha

Black-Mamba-24
03-26-2011, 03:50 AM
if dwight gets a go to move , which i think he will this summer , he will be unstoppable . and shaq plz i can deff say this you wouldn't wana play dwight howard either .

someones jealous

Knicks21
03-26-2011, 04:22 AM

But Shaq destroyed him on the possession before.

northsider
03-26-2011, 04:33 AM
Shaq hasn't been a beast since Blue Chips came out.

hahahha JK but, he really shouldn't anger a guy in Howard who probably respects him and will now destroy him.

MickeyMgl
03-26-2011, 09:27 AM

Not better than Kareem's. And for all of Shaq's physical dominance, Hakeem was more skilled and paid greater attention to defense. He also led far weaker teams to his championships. Moses was almost as physical, but also more skilled. Shaq might have won as many MVPs as Malone had he played more than 65-69 games a season during his prime.

b0nk
03-26-2011, 10:56 AM
one-on-one of what? eating contest?

Avenged
03-26-2011, 12:01 PM
But Shaq destroyed him on the possession before.

Definitely, but for a rookie to bounce back after getting dunked on by an all-time great and react in the way he did says something about the kid.

John Walls Era
03-26-2011, 12:49 PM
1. Wilt
2. Kareem
3. Russell
4. Hakeem
5. Moses
6. Shaq
7. Robinson

Wilt is overrated imo. He was a lockerroom cancer, not popular among his peers and didn't really win (2 championships isn't that great considering the era he was playing in and how dominant he was).

1) Kareem
2) Russell
3) Wilt
4) Hakeem
5) Shaq

OC Knights #11
03-26-2011, 04:22 PM
I've heard it all before. Let's be frank, his mouth has been a more dominating force then his game since his Miami days.

Gritz
03-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Shaq needs to go play on a freeway

Savage Sunday
03-26-2011, 11:30 PM
Not better than Kareem's. And for all of Shaq's physical dominance, Hakeem was more skilled and paid greater attention to defense. He also led far weaker teams to his championships. Moses was almost as physical, but also more skilled. Shaq might have won as many MVPs as Malone had he played more than 65-69 games a season during his prime.

In a league where Jordan had took time off to play baseball.

To say those Rockets teams were weak is a very poor choice of words. They were a very talented & well disciplined team who got lucky. Point Blank. There were no dominant teams out West at that time, it was basically the Eastern Conference pre-Boston Big 3. Some very good teams, but thats it.

Hakeem thanks Jordan every night for those 2 rings.

llemon
03-26-2011, 11:34 PM

What rules had to be made because of Shaq? A weight limit?

llemon
03-26-2011, 11:37 PM
In a league where Jordan had took time off to play baseball.

To say those Rockets teams were weak is a very poor choice of words. They were a very talented & well disciplined team who got lucky. Point Blank. There were no dominant teams out West at that time, it was basically the Eastern Conference pre-Boston Big 3. Some very good teams, but thats it.

Hakeem thanks Jordan every night for those 2 rings.

I believe it's every third night, and not during RamaNoodles.

Anddo you think Shaq should be thanking Jordan for his 2nd retirement?

Doogolas
03-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Eh, I'd be surprised if they tried to single team the man. He's still a ****ing goliath. The thing is, when you double him now you don't have to foul, you can just make him **** up on the dribble.

Bulldogs100
03-27-2011, 12:34 AM
Shaq was the most dominant force to play in the modern era. With that said, he is a former superstar who is reminiscent of his former self. He see's Dwight and Bynum and it reminds him of what he used to be. At this point in his career he is still big enough to bang bodies, and as a veteran, Shaq knows the importance of that in a 7 game series. Can't wait for the playoffs fellas, lets go magic

AIRMAR72
03-27-2011, 01:29 AM
da DREAM piss on shaq at WILL and im TALKING the ORLANDO version of shaq who was a beast... shaq back than was hungry,slim and always hussle on plays but the dream(hakeem) and other bigman all had there share of problem defending shaq one on one they couldnt stop shaq from getting into da paint without help(it was like guarding a WILD baby elephant or grizzle bear) plus shaq was very quick footed for his size but he(shaq)was never skilled with his game on offense it was straight brute power steam rolling thru the defense OR DA JUMP HOOK shot but da dream, robinson, ewing had there way cause they where skilled ON offense no man on earth could guard shaq by them especially the orlando version along with old nba defensive rule they had no chance

THE MTL
03-27-2011, 01:37 AM
Shaq would destroy Bynum still. As long as he is fully healthy.

Now, no way he could take Howard though. This is one of Shaq's many insults to D. Howard. He hates him so much lol.

Oh yeah, and Shaq in his prime would destroy Howard and Bynum at the same time.

AIRMAR72
03-27-2011, 01:49 AM

WELL said DA dream build confident in horry and sam breaking down the defense(thats rite hakeem broke defense down as a center) FINDING them for open shots like mj did for bj ,paxson and steve both horry and sam were rookies at that time and da dream took a no chance team to da championship coming back from being down 3-1

drobe86
03-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Shaq is dillusional. He probably still could take and dominate Bynum but superman? Haha... Shaq isn't on the same planet as Dwight Howard lol.... I can't believe he fixed his mouth to say that.

FuriousJatt
03-27-2011, 12:55 PM
hmm interesting... any other bs you still beleive in shaq? like santa claus, and fairy creatures?