PDA

View Full Version : Potential ECF: 3 Miami Heat Vs. 4 Orlando Magic

dnewguy
03-25-2011, 01:30 PM
How do you see this series shaking out? Orlando and Miami both have been in the finals in the recent years and both knows what it takes to win play-off games. It looks like the Magic will play the Bulls in round 2 and Miami will face the Celtics, it's very likely this two teams face off in the finals.

Heat starters: Bibby, Wade, Lebron, Bosh and Dampier.
Key bench: Haslem, Miller and Joel Anthony

Magic Starters: Nelson, Jason Richardson, Hedo, Bass and Howard.

Key Bench: Arenas, Q rich and Ryan Anderson

DLeeicious
03-25-2011, 01:37 PM
I'd say Orlando in 4 pretty easily. Any other option doesn't really make sense. No answer for Dwight and Lebron isn't clutch. Also Redick is way better at shooting than Ilgauskas.

roughgarden
03-25-2011, 01:39 PM
celtics are 21-0 vs eastern conf teams at home this season. so theres a fat chance the heat win that series

king4day
03-25-2011, 01:40 PM
If both teams got there, that means they are both hot. I'd give Orlando the slight edge for experience and because of Howard.
I like Orlando's shooting as well. Would help spread the floor for Howard to go to work inside.

macc
03-25-2011, 01:43 PM
You missed our 6th man Redick for the bench for Orlando

dnewguy
03-25-2011, 01:43 PM
celtics are 21-0 vs eastern conf teams at home this season. so theres a fat chance the heat win that series

This is about Miami and Orlando, thanks.

dnewguy
03-25-2011, 01:44 PM
You missed our 6th man Redick for the bench for Orlando

I didn't miss him, he doesn't make any impact in games.

Kashmir13579
03-25-2011, 01:48 PM
yea right.

SteBO
03-25-2011, 01:49 PM
ORL can beat the heat, but they better be shooting well. Otherwise, heat in 5 or 6.

haggis
03-25-2011, 01:50 PM
also redick is way better at shooting than ilgauskas.

facts!!!!!!!!

Bring The Heat
03-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Heat in 5 maaaybe 6.... Orlando doesn't scare me and we've never had trouble with them... We pretty much contain Howard well despite him being the best center in the league

Funny how everyone is like "no answer for howard"... Ok please tell me what answer does orlando have for WADE and Lebron.. Especially Wade who usually goes off on the magic

haggis
03-25-2011, 01:52 PM
ORL can beat the heat, but they better be shooting well. Otherwise, heat in 5 or 6.

I agree with this. If ORL shots are falling, they can compete with and beat anyone in the league. If they're not falling, they're not so good.

OT:

Stebo-
I think that in honor of your "White Hot" playoff campaign, all Heat posters should change their font to white. You'd just have to highlight everything in order to see it.

Slimsim
03-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Magics iin 6

leftymo
03-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Barring catastrophic injuries, there is NO way these two teams meet in the conference finals.

NO WAY. NO CHANCE. NO HOW.

That's why this thread has 11 posts, and the Bulls/Celtics has 175...

dnewguy
03-25-2011, 01:59 PM

They'll need to shoot above 60 percent in three points shot for the series.

SteBO
03-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Barring catastrophic injuries, there is NO way these two teams meet in the conference finals.

How much does that crystal ball of yours cost? :laugh2:

gotoHcarolina52
03-25-2011, 02:05 PM

Yeah, and there was no way Pitt would lose to Butler, Arizona would beat Duke, etc. The Miami Heat have the most talent out of any team in the East. Once they tap into the James-Wade pick-and-roll consistently (which they have been hesitant to hastily divulge during the regular season) they will be difficult to stop.

TO to the CHI
03-25-2011, 02:06 PM

White hot heat????? :laugh:

I would definitely take the Heat over the Magic in this fairy tale series.

justinnum1
Heat in 5 maybe 6.

Crackadalic
Heat in 5. They guarded Dwight pretty well and to be honest lebron and dwade are a whole other animal come playoff time.

White Mamba 24
03-25-2011, 02:08 PM
How do you see this series shaking out? Orlando and Miami both have been in the finals in the recent years and both knows what it takes to win play-off games. It looks like the Magic will play the Bulls in round 2 and Miami will face the Celtics, it's very likely this two teams face off in the finals.

Heat starters: Bibby, Wade, Lebron, Bosh and Dampier.
Key bench: Haslem, Miller and Joel Anthony

Magic Starters: Nelson, Jason Richardson, Hedo, Bass and Howard.

Key Bench: Arenas, Q rich and Ryan Anderson

miami in 5 or 6

bulls_world23
03-25-2011, 02:08 PM
id say Orlando in 7.

miami has no one and i mean no one to match up with Howard

gotoHcarolina52
03-25-2011, 02:10 PM
White hot heat????? :laugh:

Yes, the Heat will bathe your Bulls with a white hot load.

bulls_world23
03-25-2011, 02:11 PM
i guess it also depends. Orlando lives and dies by the 3.
if they can hit them they win. if they dont fall then they are in trouble

bulls_world23
03-25-2011, 02:13 PM

cute sig man. but didnt Bosh and Juwon Howard vote for D.Rose for Mvp
:shrug:

TO to the CHI
03-25-2011, 02:14 PM

I would expect nothing more from the most juvenile poster on PSD. I like your Calvin and Hobbes avatar. That was really cool when I was in the 8th grade.

I would point out that I am not a Bulls fan, but I am assuming even that basic concept would fly over your head. However, there is something hilarious about watching Heat fans constantly retrench their position in the hopes of reaching solid grounds that doesn't cave under the weight of their .500 record against winning teams and their 0-6 mark against the Bulls and Celtics. But don't worry, it will all change in the playoffs......

TO to the CHI
03-25-2011, 02:14 PM

In gotohcarolina's defense, he isn't very smart.

macc
03-25-2011, 02:15 PM

No no, that would be everyone on Miami outside the big 3. They don't make any impact in games.

JordansBulls
03-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Only teams that can beat Miami in the East and West are Boston and Chicago. Miami will beat Orlando in 5 games max. Orlando has no wings to deal with Wade and Lebron. They have no defenders outside of Dwight.

SteBO
03-25-2011, 02:17 PM
No no, that would be everyone on Miami outside the big 3. They don't make any impact in games.
Just shows how little you know about the Heat. Why don't you just ignore posts like that, instead of making stupid comments like this. I'm sure he knows Reddick makes an impact for the Magic.

Lake_Show2416
03-25-2011, 02:20 PM
I didn't even bother to vote this match up isn't happening

Heater4life
03-25-2011, 02:21 PM
When the Heat play the way they did against L.A, S.A, Memphis they are very difficult to beat. The Heat dont have an answer for Dwight, but its their ability to defend the rest of the team around Dwight that wins them the series. Heat in 6 IMO.

I think D wade and LBJ become two different monsters come playoff time.

gotoHcarolina52
03-25-2011, 02:22 PM

Of course, but not because they think he deserves it, but because they, as with Stan Van Gundy, know the inevitable will materialize. The media loves Derrick Rose, a player who is 7th in scoring, 10th in assists per game, 87th in FG %, 55th in steals per hame, and 11th in efficiency.

Derrick Rose MVP? :laugh:

kntresistheheat
03-25-2011, 02:22 PM
id say Orlando in 7.

miami has no one and i mean no one to match up with Howard

This is true. and who does orlando have to guard lebron and wade??

Miami in 6

gotoHcarolina52
03-25-2011, 02:28 PM
I like your Calvin and Hobbes avatar.

Thanks. Maybe I'll let you be my PSD friend! :cheer:

However, there is something hilarious about watching Heat fans constantly retrench their position in the hopes of reaching solid grounds that doesn't cave under the weight of their .500 record against winning teams and their 0-6 mark against the Bulls and Celtics. But don't worry, it will all change in the playoffs......

You're right, the small minded often find truth to be hilarious, if threatening. Remember that whole Galileo thing? It will all change in the playoffs. And the Heat could very well win it all.

Heater4life
03-25-2011, 02:32 PM
I didn't even bother to vote this match up isn't happening

Keep thinking that the playoffs are anything remotely similar to the regular season. Nothing is certain here. Including your Lakers making it to the WCF.

TO to the CHI
03-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Just shows how little you know about the Heat. Why don't you just ignore posts like that, instead of making stupid comments like this. I'm sure he knows Reddick makes an impact for the Magic.

To be fair, outside of Haslem and the big 3, I think it would be difficult to argue that any Heat player makes an impact. It depends on how you define impact of course, but I think it is reasonable to suggest that guys like Miller, Bibby, and Anthony make some contributions (Chalmers too obviously), but do not make an impact.

The good news for the Heat, is that all bs aside, their big 3 are better than anyone else's top 3 and give them a very real chance in any playoff series.

macc
03-25-2011, 02:34 PM

I usually do but it's a slow day at work.

TO to the CHI
03-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Thanks. Maybe I'll let you be my PSD friend! :cheer:

You're right, the small minded often find truth to be hilarious, if threatening. Remember that whole Galileo thing? It will all change in the playoffs. And the Heat could very well win it all.

If you listen carefully, you will hear my point whizzing right by your ear.

Since you appear daft, I will be kind enough to explain it to you. No one is disagreeing that the playoffs are different (although it is weird for Heat fans to harp on this based on Bosh's history and LeBron's quitting last year; we all can agree Wade is an absolute playoff beast though). However, I was noting that Heat fans keep changing their tunes as is convenient for them. At the start of the year it was about having the best record ever and bars offering crazy promotions after any loss. Then it was about playing the Celtics in Miami. Then it was about the team gelling. Then it was about the huge roll they were on. Then it was about getting to go head to head with Chicago.

Now it's about the playoffs. No one is saying the playoffs aren't different. People are saying that the Heat might not be best suited to take advantage of that difference (the Lakers and Celts spring to mind). Moreover, the shift in the Heat fans' positions is really incredible as the year progresses. Assuming the Heat don't win it all (an assumption that is more than fair btw), one can easily picture the refrains of "year 1 was just to get in sync with one another, year 2 is what really matters" that will follow.

SteBO
03-25-2011, 02:43 PM
I usually do but it's a slow day at work.

Oh yeah, I feel ya. Welcome to my world, it's slow for me here too.

leftymo
03-25-2011, 02:43 PM

you misspelled common sense and 25 years of NBA history...

when is the last time a 3 seed played a 4 seed in the conference finals? sometime after never?

SteBO
03-25-2011, 02:45 PM

when is the last time a 3 seed played a 4 seed in the conference finals? sometime after never?

I'm not saying it will happen? But it's almost as stupid to say it won't happen as well. That's all I meant.

leftymo
03-25-2011, 02:47 PM
Yeah, and there was no way Pitt would lose to Butler, Arizona would beat Duke, etc. The Miami Heat have the most talent out of any team in the East. Once they tap into the James-Wade pick-and-roll consistently (which they have been hesitant to hastily divulge during the regular season) they will be difficult to stop.

Don't compare the college game to the NBA games. In the last 30 years, there are exactly 2-3 cindarella teams in the NBA.

The 1999 Knicks who made the finals as an 8th seed is one of them.

The Heat are what 0-6 against the Celtics/Bulls this year? That sure convinces me...

I think the Heat have a chance, albeit small, of making the conference finals, but the Magic have zero chance. So a HEAT/Magic isn't going to happen.

I'm so confident on this, I'm willing to bet anyone on this thread that thinks the Magic/Heat will play in the conference finals.

leftymo
03-25-2011, 02:51 PM
This is more of a knock on Orlando than Miami... You don't rip up your entire roster mid-season and then make the finals. There is a certain sense of continuity, and understanding each other's movements, during the flow of a playoff game and playoff run. That's why the Knicks are worse after the Melo deal.

It's probably the same reason the boston trade was so shocking... and why they've struggled recently.

Miami might push boston, but without homecourt without experience and without size, Boston should take that series.

Orlando beating Chicago? I guess a miracle could happen. But its not going to. That's like saying the Grizzlies might win the title this year. Yes, they "could", but they won't.

gotoHcarolina52
03-25-2011, 02:52 PM
If you listen carefully, you will hear my point whizzing right by your ear.

Since you appear daft, I will be kind enough to explain it to you. No one is disagreeing that the playoffs are different (although it is weird for Heat fans to harp on this based on Bosh's history and LeBron's quitting last year; we all can agree Wade is an absolute playoff beast though). However, I was noting that Heat fans keep changing their tunes as is convenient for them. At the start of the year it was about having the best record ever and bars offering crazy promotions after any loss. Then it was about playing the Celtics in Miami. Then it was about the team gelling. Then it was about the huge roll they were on. Then it was about getting to go head to head with Chicago.

Now it's about the playoffs. No one is saying the playoffs aren't different. People are saying that the Heat might not be best suited to take advantage of that difference (the Lakers and Celts spring to mind). Moreover, the shift in the Heat fans' positions is really incredible as the year progresses. Assuming the Heat don't win it all (an assumption that is more than fair btw), one can easily picture the refrains of "year 1 was just to get in sync with one another, year 2 is what really matters" that will follow.

Your argument presupposes that I fall into the aforementioned category of wavering, apologetic Heat fans. I do not. Direct your hate toward those who vacillate.

And no need to veil your insults with arcane euphemisms. I am about as daft as you are obtuse.

Heater4life
03-25-2011, 02:55 PM

If the top four seeds in the East play in the semis, it will be one of the most highly competitive semis weve had in the East in a long time. To say that it WONT happen based on that it hasnt happened is ignorant.

magic0320
03-25-2011, 03:00 PM
It will be close for sure, but we have never seen this Heat team in the playoff so it will be a lot of fun to watch them in the playoffs :D

mikealike305
03-25-2011, 03:04 PM
heat in 6.

TO to the CHI
03-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Your argument presupposes that I fall into the aforementioned category of wavering, apologetic Heat fans. I do not. Direct your hate toward those who vacillate.

And no need to veil your insults with arcane euphemisms. I am about as daft as you are obtuse.

Your posts place you squarely in that category. One need only review your posts from February 24 to know that. On that day alone (the trade deadline and the second Bulls win over Miami), you vacillated in the game thread as the game slipped away from the Heat (first it seemed you really thought it mattered and were talking a lot of smack, then you got silent, now you claim the regular season doesn't matter). You also seemed to waver in your team confidence by stating that you looked forward to seeing Murphy (oops), Pryzbilla (bigger oops), and Bibby (hey, 1 out of 3 isn't bad).

And no need to try to throw in big words to avoid seeming stupid. Especially when you misuse them. There were certainly no "arcane euphemisms" in my post. But thanks for playing. I guess you should have went to Duke.

Purple&Gold24
03-25-2011, 03:09 PM
cute sig man. but didnt Bosh and Juwon Howard vote for D.Rose for Mvp:shrug:

:laugh::laugh:
he deserves psds famous :facepalm:

TO to the CHI
03-25-2011, 03:12 PM
If the top four seeds in the East play in the semis, it will be one of the most highly competitive semis weve had in the East in a long time. To say that it WONT happen based on that it hasnt happened is ignorant.

It certainly isn't ignorant to review decades of NBA history and to suggest that it is unlikely that this year will present a first-ever scenario.

However, your point regarding the top four seeds playing and it being competitive is very well taken. Despite what anyone on here says, no one wants to play the Heat in the playoffs. And any Heat fan that says they want to play the Bulls is stupid (unless the comment is along the lines of they would rather play the Bulls than the Celts).

On a side note, if it was a neutral floor, the Heat, in an unbiased world, would be one of, if not the scariest team in the East to play without a doubt. With the road to the finals going through Boston and then Chicago, however, I think they will have trouble. I guess I just don't see the insult in that statement.

mikealike305
03-25-2011, 03:18 PM
lol at purple and gold

gotoHcarolina52
03-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Your posts place you squarely in that category. One need only review your posts from February 24 to know that. On that day alone (the trade deadline and the second Bulls win over Miami), you vacillated in the game thread as the game slipped away from the Heat (first it seemed you really thought it mattered and were talking a lot of smack, then you got silent, now you claim the regular season doesn't matter). You also seemed to waver in your team confidence by stating that you looked forward to seeing Murphy (oops), Pryzbilla (bigger oops), and Bibby (hey, 1 out of 3 isn't bad).

Wavering in confidence =/= making excuses as to why the team isn't performing. Nor is it (necessarily) equivalent to proffering multiple, differing explanations in an attempt to rationalize developments injurious to one's desired outcome.

Sorry, bud. But keep on digging!

Lakerhead4ever
03-25-2011, 03:27 PM
orlando in 6 maybe 7

TO to the CHI
03-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Wavering in confidence =/= making excuses as to why the team isn't performing. Nor is it (necessarily) equivalent to proffering multiple, differing explanations in an attempt to rationalize developments injurious to one's desired outcome.

Sorry, bud. But keep on digging!

Really? Changing your arguments and your views on games and the roster is not the same as wavering or trying to rationalize the Heat's season. Okay. If you say so.

No need to dig. You have already buried yourself. I look forward to hearing your non-wavering, rationalizations when the Heat's season ends without a championship.

tangent12
03-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Orlando in 4, no doubt about it.

Lakerhead4ever
03-25-2011, 03:32 PM

lmao @ ur sig bro, but whats really funny is those same guys thats laughing in ur sig were the same guys who were crying after the lost to d rose lol

now thats funny!

MacFitz92
03-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Thread is ridiculous. Why don't we start making a thread about every possible ECF possibility?

There's a slim chance either team make it to the ECF, nevertheless both teams.

dnewguy
03-25-2011, 03:44 PM
lmao @ ur sig bro, but whats really funny is those same guys thats laughing in ur sig were the same guys who were crying after the lost to d rose lol

now thats funny!

Crying that is yet to be confirmed? You dudes are so jealous of us, you look over here for fun this days. Anyways, I am with the original dude's sig, Rose as MVP is laughable. Without him the Bulls are a solid play-off team, that's what people tend to ignore. Lebron is MVP, he has the most impact on games around the league....it's not his fault that the guys around him excluding Wade and Bosh hasn't contributed. The Heat is 49-22, what do you expect from a team that features 4 new players out of their starting 5? All we have left from last season is Wade, Haslem (injury) Mario (injury), Magloire (child pls), and James Jones. The Bulls added about 4 or 5 players to a already set team, the Celtics and Lakers have been together for a while and the Magic is still contending despite roster changes. There are losses we had this season because of chemistry issues, our guys are getting better and I believe they will be ready come play-offs.

gotoHcarolina52
03-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Really? Changing your arguments and your views on games and the roster is not the same as wavering or trying to rationalize the Heat's season. Okay. If you say so.

This post is so inane that it hardly merits a response. But forgive me for indulging notwithstanding your imbecility.

Hoping a team improves its roster and/or placing a regular season loss in context is vastly different from--as I have said before and reiterate here in a sure-to-be futile attempt to penetrate the vacuous mass that is your brain--proffering multiple, differing explanations in an attempt to make one's self feel better (e.g, "We're playing poorly because we have yet to gel." And later, "Well, though we've had time to gel, we'll finally get it together when Haslem comes back." And yet again, "Though Haslem is back and we've had time to gel, we won't turn it on until the playoffs start.").

I have yet to dabble in contradictory explanations, rationalizations, etc. Now, do I think they Heat are keeping some plays in their back pocket only to utilize them to great effect in the playoffs (as with the LeBron-Wade pick-and-roll)? Yes, I do. This is the explanation I offer you for believing in the Heat despite their lack of success in the regular season against elite teams.

TO to the CHI
03-25-2011, 03:57 PM
This post is so inane that it hardly merits a response. But forgive me for indulging notwithstanding your imbecility.

Hoping a team improves its roster and/or placing a regular season loss in context is vastly different from--as I have said before and reiterate here in a sure-to-be futile attempt to penetrate the vacuous mass that is your brain--proffering multiple, differing explanations in an attempt to make one's self feel better (e.g, "We're playing poorly because we have yet to gel." And later, "Well, though we've had time to gel, we'll finally get it together when Haslem comes back." And yet again, "Though Haslem is back and we've had time to gel, we won't turn it on until the playoffs start.").

I have yet to dabble in contradictory explanations, rationalizations, etc. Now, do I think they Heat are keeping some plays in their back pocket only to utilize them to great effect in the playoffs (as with the LeBron-Wade pick-and-roll)? Yes, I do. And I feel that such a tactic will make a difference come playoffs and I similarly expect that to be one of the explanations of choice come June for why the Heat were successful in the 2011 playoffs.

Your posts reflect your efforts to make yourself feel better. Even here, you talk about the hypothetical possibility that the Heat are giving less than 100% (holding back one trick play is one thing, but holding a series of plays back as they lose in the regular season is totally different) to justify your baseless beliefs that the Heat will turn it on in the playoffs.

I am glad that your recent posts show an effort to look up bigger words and expand your vocabulary. Your earlier efforts were far to colloquial in nature. these efforts are far more reminiscent of the writings of a Duke alum and I appreciate that effort to better yourself.

Sadly, it doesn't cammoflage your posting history, which speaks for itself (although not literally, lest you become even more confused).

Lakerhead4ever
03-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Crying that is yet to be confirmed? You dudes are so jealous of us, you look over here for fun this days. Anyways, I am with the original dude's sig, Rose as MVP is laughable. Without him the Bulls are a solid play-off team, that's what people tend to ignore. Lebron is MVP, he has the most impact on games around the league....it's not his fault that the guys around him excluding Wade and Bosh hasn't contributed. The Heat is 49-22, what do you expect from a team that features 4 new players out of their starting 5? All we have left from last season is Wade, Haslem (injury) Mario (injury), Magloire (child pls), and James Jones. The Bulls added about 4 or 5 players to a already set team, the Celtics and Lakers have been together for a while and the Magic is still contending despite roster changes. There are losses we had this season because of chemistry issues, our guys are getting better and I believe they will be ready come play-offs.

1. who's jealous of the heat? my team are back to back champs, whats there to be jealous about?
2.Rose laughable? who laughing at him? he has destroyed ur team if i recall correctly, and u guys certainly wasnt lasughing.
3. lebron is a beast, and a stat phenom, rose and howard are before him imo
4. haslem is ur only player who's availibility is key, mario and magloire puts ur team over the top?:facepalm:
5. and u asked the question what do we expect from a team that has 4 new starters, well when those players are bron, wade, bosh, i expect the most! duh

with that said, orlando in 6 or 7 since "dnewguy" doesnt expect much from 4 out of 5 of his new starters.

gotoHcarolina52
03-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Your posts reflect your efforts to make yourself feel better. Even here, you talk about the hypothetical possibility that the Heat are giving less than 100% (holding back one trick play is one thing, but holding a series of plays back as they lose in the regular season is totally different) to justify your baseless beliefs that the Heat will turn it on in the playoffs.

Hypothetical? Of course; but documented, no less:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/5364/the-rare-wade-james-pick-and-roll-sighting

I'm certainly not the first to postulate such a hypothesis, one which is no less baseless than the supposition that past occurrences (regular season) will necessarily hold true in the future (post-season).

MJ-BULLS
03-25-2011, 04:18 PM
This series can go either way imo. i think it all depends on how the supporting cast of the magic plays around Howard. My x factor would be arenas, if he can play to at least half of his old self they have a chance. and of course, if the magic team shoot well. if not, the heat will win.

J_M_B
03-25-2011, 04:23 PM
A lot of baiting in here..

Many people are favoring the Magic in a seven game series, so why don't you explain your reasoning?

Yes, Miami does not have an answer for Dwight, but we have contained him this season. Who is going to stop Wade and LeBron? I don't see any of Orlando's wings being able to defend either of them.

The Magic are going to have shoot well from deep the entire series, but Miami's opposing 3pt % is ranked second in the league, behind the Bulls. We have length and size out on the perimeter.

In my opinion, Miami in 6.

J_M_B
03-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Oh and to the comments about the "White Hot Heat", well that is the same promotion that Miami used during their '06 championship season.

It's not the first time we have used it..

championships
03-25-2011, 04:29 PM
ORL in 7

reason: Heat and Bron hater

TO to the CHI
03-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Hypothetical? Of course; but documented, no less:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/5364/the-rare-wade-james-pick-and-roll-sighting

I'm certainly not the first to postulate such a hypothesis, one which is no less baseless than the supposition that past occurrences (regular season) will necessarily hold true in the future (post-season).

Read the article that you posted. It suggests that the Heat have fronted the pick and roll, not that they are saving it for the playoffs. Wade then references varying looks. It seems weird that you would suggest that they were saving the pick and roll for the playoffs and then point to an article saying that it has been used effectively in the regular season (thus both exposing it and allowing it to be scouted). Your powers of persuasion are dismal.

The only benefit of our discussion today is you revealing that you are able to read a thesaurus and are willing to post in complete sentences when prompted. Congratulations on that moderate achievement.

godolphins
03-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Heat in six games

gotoHcarolina52
03-25-2011, 04:50 PM
Read the article that you posted. It suggests that the Heat have fronted the pick and roll, not that they are saving it for the playoffs. Wade then references varying looks. It seems weird that you would suggest that they were saving the pick and roll for the playoffs and then point to an article saying that it has been used effectively in the regular season (thus both exposing it and allowing it to be scouted). Your powers of persuasion are dismal.

The only benefit of our discussion today is you revealing that you are able to read a thesaurus and are willing to post in complete sentences when prompted. Congratulations on that moderate achievement.

The more I hear from you, the more I believe that God has a marvelous sense of humor. Sigh, had you read the article you might have understood my point.

All in all, the Heat have run 14 James-Wade pick-and-rolls in their past six games. They've recorded baskets on 11 of those 14 possessions for a total of 25 points. (I'm counting the Wade miss and immediate putback because his capacity to collect his own shot was a direct result of the pick-and-roll.) That's a 78.6 percent success rate and 178.6 points per 100 possessions.

It's absurd to believe the Heat would score upward of 150 points if they ran a Wade-James pick-and-roll several dozen times per game, but why does it seem more likely you'll see a porpoise swimming alongside a jet ski in Biscayne Bay than the Heat run an action that has devastating implications for the defense? Since that pivotal drive in the Lakers game, the Heat have run exactly two James ball screens for Wade in two games -- zero in a loss against the Thunder.

I threw some of those eye-popping stats at Wade.

"Really?" he replied.

Given the success, why not run it more?

"We try to give teams different looks and hit them with it at different times," Wade said. "Once you do something in this league and you keep doing it, eventually someone is going to figure out how to stop it. We like those statistics and we run it when we feel like we need it and our team is in a drought, or if the team is so consistent or comfortable with what we're doing, now we want to throw them off. I'm sure we will run it more, because now we're getting comfortable with it. But we don't want to overrun it."

You've exhausted the poor shovel. I'll warm up the backhoe for ya. As always, keep digging!

TO to the CHI
03-25-2011, 04:59 PM
The more I hear from you, the more I believe that God has a marvelous sense of humor. Sigh, had you read the article you might have understood my point.

You've exhausted the poor shovel. I'll warm up the backhoe for ya. As always, keep digging!

Wade's point doesn't indicate that they are saving this miracle play for the playoffs. Nor does it explain the inconsistency in running it during the regular season at all to allow people to dissect it on tape.

There really isn't anything left to discuss. You have embarrassed yourself plenty. There is no need for me to continue doing so.

I will allow you to have the last word. Please feel free to respond with anything that you want. I won't respond. I would like you to at least feel like you have had some small victory here today or in your life in general. Good luck to you. I look forward to reading your sad little posts in May or June when the Heat are eliminated.

gotoHcarolina52
03-25-2011, 05:09 PM
Wade's point doesn't indicate that they are saving this miracle play for the playoffs. Nor does it explain the inconsistency in running it during the regular season at all to allow people to dissect it on tape.

Au contraire, mon frère. Stating that should you "overrun" the play, "someone is going to figure out how to stop it" is suggestive of exactly such a thing.

Sorry to see you exit so disgracefully.

PippensBulls
03-25-2011, 05:39 PM
I don't see anything special from the Magic this year. I say the Heat win in 6.

dnewguy
03-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Au contraire, mon frère. Stating that should you "overrun" the play, "someone is going to figure out how to stop it" is suggestive of exactly such a thing.

Sorry to see you exit so disgracefully.

;)

Dade County
03-25-2011, 07:30 PM
I would love this match up for the HEAT! :D

Miami win's hands down, Magic have no answer/defense for are 3 stars... Howard gets in foul trouble, like he always do against the HEAT.

It would be an exciting series for HEAT fans.

abe_froman
03-25-2011, 07:32 PM
heat in...6?

footballer2369
03-25-2011, 07:44 PM
TO to the CHI and gotoHcarolina are the same person.

bmd1101
03-25-2011, 08:02 PM

More then anyone off the heats bench does.

Raph12
03-25-2011, 08:09 PM
I actually feel like the Heat are the only team we have 0 chance of beating...

5ass
03-25-2011, 08:17 PM

lol redick is better than miller and ****in joel anthony haha

TO to the CHI
03-25-2011, 08:27 PM
TO to the CHI and gotoHcarolina are the same person.

Definitely not. Though we can probably agree that you are the most worthless poster on this site despite your extensive experience as a Ukrainian pro.

tangent12
03-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Definitely not. Though we can probably agree that you are the most worthless poster on this site despite your extensive experience as a Ukrainian pro.

ROFL :laugh2: :laugh2:

sNaKeS
03-25-2011, 08:48 PM
I would love this match up for the HEAT! :D

Miami win's hands down, Magic have no answer/defense for are 3 stars... Howard gets in foul trouble, like he always do against the HEAT.

It would be an exciting series for HEAT fans.

Other than the fact that they, well you know, BEAT THE HEAT twice this season.

theheatles
03-25-2011, 08:53 PM
heat in 5...only team that has a chance vs miami in a 7 game series is boston

Ty Fast
03-26-2011, 02:04 AM
i dont see the magic getting that far. if they do meet though i think the heat would win in 6 or 7 games.

Time2Dieeee
03-26-2011, 02:29 AM

*garnett's voice* ANNYYYYTHINGSSSS POSSSIIIBBLLEEEEEEEE