PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Garnett sets an example!

frankcorrea
03-25-2011, 10:24 AM
The Celtics practiced yesterday, and Kevin Garnett did not want to be subbed out. According to Delonte West, Garnett was (literally) dragged off the floor.

I can see it now: Garnett screaming like a maniac, crawling on all fours and clapping his hands while Lawrence Frank (five foot nothing, a hundred nothing) grabs his ear and leads him off the court. In other words, I picture the scene as exactly what Veronica Vaughn did to Billy Madison after he said, “Kid can’t even read.” (Boston Herald)

“We’re normally the instigators, but we’ve been getting kind of a dose of our own medicine in the last few games,” guard Delonte West said.

“It was serious intensity in here today. It was almost playoff intensity in practice. For a little bit, he was trying to give KG (Kevin Garnett) some rest, and he wanted to be on the floor. Around this time of the year, normally veteran guys — you know, All-Star veteran guys — they’ll take all the rest they can get. So that made a big statement, him not even wanting to come off the floor. I mean, they had to literally drag him off the floor. That made a statement on where the intensity was today.

“It was more of, all right, the lights are down. With so many games happening so fast, things happen in the course of games, and you can’t really touch on them because you’re trying to get ready for the next one. But today was a gut check for everyone. We got to look each other in the eyes and see what we’re going to do here, what we’re going to do for these last couple of games.

“It starts with each individual. It’s time to buckle down and say, ‘Not my guy. Not tonight.’ That’s the motto of Celtics basketball, and I think we’ve gotten away from that.”

Stories like these are terrific—Kevin Garnett could lead an army of pacifists into war. But intensity on the practice court only goes so far. At some point, the Celtics need to step up and start winning games. Losing to the Grizzlies, at home, when Rudy Gay isn’t playing, during an Eastern Conference seedings race which could mean playoff life or death, shouldn’t happen. Losing to the Rockets, by 16 points, while letting Kyle Lowry look like the next Isiah Thomas (the player, not the GM), shouldn’t happen. Losing to the New Jersey Nets, under any circumstances, should not happen.

Practicing hard is a good start. But bringing that same intensity to the floor, every night, is what’s going to win the top seed and home-court advantage.
http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/kevin_garnett_sets_an_example/4445040

Im not a Celtic Fan but thats a hell of an example gotta respect the guy even though sometimes he's a cheese ball!:clap:

IAmKira
03-25-2011, 10:29 AM
The same intensity that almost chopped Dwight Howard's arm in half?

Young and Stupid
03-25-2011, 10:31 AM
And that's why Kevin Garnett is one of my favorite players. I miss the 90's.

frankcorrea
03-25-2011, 10:35 AM
The same intensity that almost chopped Dwight Howard's arm in half?

Yup that same intensity LOL!:laugh:

king4day
03-25-2011, 10:37 AM
I will always wonder what could have been had the Suns acquired him that year.

Rivera
03-25-2011, 10:39 AM
kg is a beast

bt im sure soon someone will post how KG is ignorant and a douche bag

and someone will soon make the case on how this makes him look like a bigger one

but anyways gotta love kg hes a monster

frankcorrea
03-25-2011, 10:40 AM
I will always wonder what could have been had the Suns acquired him that year.

You Guys would of had a real team and a force to be recon with not all this run and gun stuff that only made that team falter after a while all though u guys did make some good runs with what u had.

hgtiger32
03-25-2011, 10:53 AM
i have no problem with KG at all

Hawkeye15
03-25-2011, 11:00 AM
I still love hearing Pierce talk about the 1st practice they had when KG and Allen joined the Celtics. They were running lines, day 1, and KG was screaming at Pierce for not running 100%

As much as I dislike KG's antics, there is no way you can't admire the intensity he has played with over his career

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-25-2011, 11:13 AM
He's talkin about practice?? :crazy:

thekmp211
03-25-2011, 05:18 PM
yup, gotta love kg, he's a true competitor.

magichatnumber9
03-25-2011, 05:38 PM
KG is the greatest powerforward for his age that has ever played the game. His drive, passion, and heart are second to none. But imagine if he teamed with Kobe that year. Holy ****

netsgiantsyanks
03-25-2011, 05:44 PM
i wouldnt really trust delonte west. just ask lebron

Hustlenomics
03-25-2011, 06:37 PM
He's always like this and people say Kobe has the best work ethic

dtmagnet
03-25-2011, 06:58 PM
I can see it now: Garnett screaming like a maniac, crawling on all fours and clapping his hands while Lawrence Frank (five foot nothing, a hundred nothing) grabs his ear and leads him off the court. In other words, I picture the scene as exactly what Veronica Vaughn did to Billy Madison after he said, “Kid can’t even read.” (Boston Herald)

Epic reference! :clap:

Sadds The Gr8
03-25-2011, 07:01 PM
I still love hearing Pierce talk about the 1st practice they had when KG and Allen joined the Celtics. They were running lines, day 1, and KG was screaming at Pierce for not running 100%

As much as I dislike KG's antics, there is no way you can't admire the intensity he has played with over his career
link?

championships
03-25-2011, 07:17 PM
So throwing a big hissy fit and getting dragged off of the court by teammates is a good thing?

FuriousJatt
03-25-2011, 07:22 PM
no one can question his desire, work ethic, passion or drive, but he still is douche. he does lot of charity work but still a punk.

Wcuracer29
03-25-2011, 07:23 PM
no one can question his desire, work ethic, passion or drive, but he still is douche. he does lot of charity work but still a punk.

/thread

1-800-STFU
03-25-2011, 07:24 PM
KG is the greatest powerforward for his age that has ever played the game. His drive, passion, and heart are second to none. But imagine if he teamed with Kobe that year. Holy ****

Tim Duncan

tangent12
03-25-2011, 07:25 PM
What a psycho.. this guy has some mental issues.

1-800-STFU
03-25-2011, 07:26 PM
So throwing a big hissy fit and getting dragged off of the court by teammates is a good thing?

As long as you look really mean and angry and say a bunch of expletives it becomes a terrific thing.

Kevin Garnett is a true role model and I'd pay him to teach me how to live.

Ebbs
03-25-2011, 07:45 PM
IDC what Riveramk said. KG has been a scum bag all year and crossed the line. He could end world hunger and I would think it would be entirely for his own purposes.

stawka
03-25-2011, 07:48 PM
I understand why Laker fans hate KG -- they hate the Celtics and have battled KG for a couple of years in the Finals now... But Bulls fans with all the hate??

Is it because Rose is one of the greatest PF's of all-time too? Bulls fans seem to hate EVERYONE that's not on their team. It's laughable because I've met many Bulls fans in real life, and they all seem 'normal'

Piercefan34
03-25-2011, 11:24 PM
no its cause theyre great PF/C Noah thinks KG is "mean" lol.

D Roses Bulls
03-25-2011, 11:28 PM
I understand why Laker fans hate KG -- they hate the Celtics and have battled KG for a couple of years in the Finals now... But Bulls fans with all the hate??

Is it because Rose is one of the greatest PF's of all-time too? Bulls fans seem to hate EVERYONE that's not on their team. It's laughable because I've met many Bulls fans in real life, and they all seem 'normal'

no its cause theyre great PF/C Noah thinks KG is "mean" lol.

no because KG is a little ***** in the 2009 series. he was on the bench barking like an idiot when the celtics were winning and taunting the bulls players when he wasn't even playing cause of an injury and when they were losing he was in the locker room like a soar loser crying.

hugepatsfan
03-25-2011, 11:31 PM
no because KG is a little ***** in the 2009 series. he was on the bench barking like an idiot when the celtics were winning and taunting the bulls players when he wasn't even playing cause of an injury and when they were losing he was in the locker room like a soar loser crying.

I don't remember him being in the lockeroom. Actually, the fact that he was on the bench was a big story in BOS at the time. Usually when he gets hurt, he watches from the lockeroom because he says he gets too pumped up when he's watching. So I'm pretty sure he watched all of the games from the bench. I don't think he just got up and left when the team was down then came back when they were winning.

Piercefan34
03-25-2011, 11:33 PM
thats cause KG takes it harder than most players if not all. he's a competitor, part of his game is getting in the head of his opponent. he's on the bench he wants to help his team in any way. you can't tell me if he was on your team you'd hate him.

Cullksinikers
03-25-2011, 11:36 PM
I'll never forget when they were down to Orlando in the playoffs and he was pointing to his wrist like he had a watch and the whole "what time is it?" thing.

shep33
03-25-2011, 11:38 PM

I agree, I can't stand him in all truth, but I respect him beyond measure.

Supreme LA
03-26-2011, 03:39 AM

KG and Kobe that year wouldn't even be fair. I think they knew that and KG probably wanted a challenge in going against Kobe rather than playing with him. It was a dream of mine to see them two playing together that never was :(

Supreme LA
03-26-2011, 03:40 AM
Tim Duncan

Nope. KG.

GoneGuru
03-26-2011, 04:27 AM

what he said...

great player, excellent work ethic, respect his desire and passion and even admire it.

hes still a douche bag though.

69centers
03-26-2011, 09:29 AM
All that fire and jazz in practice apparently didn't help as we lost at home last night, scoring a pitiful 81 points.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-26-2011, 12:47 PM
All that fire and jazz in practice apparently didn't help as we lost at home last night, scoring a pitiful 81 points.

Maybe he practiced to hard then?