PDA

View Full Version : Kareem A.J:'I've been waiting for him to do just what he's been doing.'

Purple&Gold24
03-25-2011, 01:10 AM
The NBA's all-time leading scorer has been hard to track down.

"How'd you find him?" said Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's inquisitive publicist inside a Manhattan Beach shoe store.

The former Lakers center has been incredibly busy. He's made promotional stops for his "On the Shoulders of Giants" documentary, appeared in a TV commercial as a spokesman for Skechers Shape-ups and, of great importance, stayed in remission for a rare form of leukemia, allowing him to crisscross the country in recent months.

Despite it all, he's noticed a startling development: Andrew Bynum has come of age.

Abdul-Jabbar became the special assistant coach in charge of mentoring Bynum when the Lakers drafted a gangly 17-year-old kid in 2005.

"I've been waiting for him to do just what he's been doing," Abdul-Jabbar said Thursday. "I watched the San Antonio game and it seemed to me at that point he had it figured out, how to help this team. When he plays like that, all over the boards and blocking shots and changing shots, it makes it very easy for this team to win."

Abdul-Jabbar stepped back from his Lakers coaching duties in November 2009 when he was diagnosed with Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukemia, a cancer of the blood and bone marrow that produces cancerous blood cells.

He used to consult with Bynum at home games and practices, sometimes going to Bynum's home for extra video study and discussions about basketball history. Now it's easy to sense the feeling of pride from the player who scored 38,387 career points.

"He changes the game," Abdul-Jabbar said. "When the other team can't get easy shots around the basket, or second shots, that's a negative for them. And when he's getting our team second shots with offensive rebounds, that's a positive for us.

"'Drew can get it done on the court now. He just has to be consistent. If he's consistent doing the things he's been doing recently, I definitely see the Lakers playing for the championship."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-bynum-20110325,0,5080874.story

:clap: I agree with The NBA's all time scoring leader. Bynum is starting to show his real potential. I hope Bynum uses this for confidence and more energy. :clap::clap::clap:

whitemamba33
03-25-2011, 01:30 AM
I hopeful Bynum is greatful..that's really all I can say.

numba1CHANGsta
03-25-2011, 02:00 AM
He's only 23 guys so it isnt like he has peaked his potential yet

kid24
03-25-2011, 03:34 AM
i've been wating for the same thing. its about he has to show he it ready now.

Avenged
03-25-2011, 10:28 AM
This guy isn't even near his prime which is scary. Skies the limit if he can remain healthy.

Hellcrooner
03-25-2011, 10:56 AM
This guy isn't even near his prime which is scary. Skies the limit if he can remain healthy.
people should not forget this.

Its good we are creating all this hyppe so we can trade him this Summer at the best value posible in order than when not if , WHEN he gets his next bad injury he is sporting a different jersey and dooming another teams cap forver ( yes he is going to be signign a max contract somwhere after next year)

LA_Raiders
03-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Agree, If he is beasting, we will win it all...

S & B Bleeder
03-25-2011, 01:42 PM

Its good we are creating all this hyppe so we can trade him this Summer at the best value posible in order than when not if , WHEN he gets his next bad injury he is sporting a different jersey and dooming another teams cap forver ( yes he is going to be signign a max contract somwhere after next year)

Crooner speaks the truth.

I'm loving this hype ONLY because it gets us that much closer to getting D12 from the Magic for Bynum plus his 2 (hopefully 3) rings + picks/filler.

Bynum shows flashes of greatness, but his knees are made of paper and wont stand the test of time in the coming years. Couple that with his contract situation coming up, and it looks to be a future nightmare if we keep him.

Keep it up, Baby Bynum! Stay healthy so we can get ring #17 and Howard this coming summer as well!

GREATNESS ONE
03-25-2011, 05:32 PM
I love it man , I freaking Love it !!!!!

RAIKERS2421
03-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Like I said .... pau dope.... but trade m for dwight n make dwight a scoring pf .... n he can interchange with bynum n plug in odom at the four

RAIKERS2421
03-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Lakers then would really b dominant for plenty of tees to come

RAIKERS2421
03-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Years*

BigCityofDreams
03-27-2011, 12:14 PM

That's thing it's great that he's playing well but we have to remember his knee is like a time bomb. In a perfect world Bynum never gets injured again but the risk is too great to take.

IDB Josh M
03-27-2011, 06:25 PM
If only Bynum did this when he came back from injury. He would have gotten what he wanted, a placement at the ASG.

Tree Rollins
03-27-2011, 07:33 PM
He'll probably hurt his knee again sometime in the playoffs or next season.

IDB Josh M
03-27-2011, 08:50 PM

Someone's being a Negative Nancy! That's something thats on the back of everyone's mind. Guess what? You can't control that, nobody can. He can break like glass like Oden, have another freak accident, slip on a banana peel or a meteorite crashes into his knee.

New Power House
03-27-2011, 09:02 PM

Great KArma!:clap::clap:

Lost Art
03-27-2011, 09:24 PM
All of you guys need to stop with the injury and trade posts. The guy had two freak accidents that would have injured ANYBODY. Its not like he's just running down the floor and falling to pieces like Greg Oden. He's had Kobe pile drive his knee cap and has landed on Odom's foot awkwardly. Last season's injury is the only one that came out of nowhere and that was more or less residual from the previous injury. Give the kid a chance before you write him off and trade him to another team. Right now he's the difference between us winning another ring and an early playoff exit. Let's hear some positivity. Lakers fans?

BigCityofDreams
03-28-2011, 10:35 AM
All of you guys need to stop with the injury and trade posts. The guy had two freak accidents that would have injured ANYBODY. Its not like he's just running down the floor and falling to pieces like Greg Oden. He's had Kobe pile drive his knee cap and has landed on Odom's foot awkwardly. Last season's injury is the only one that came out of nowhere and that was more or less residual from the previous injury. Give the kid a chance before you write him off and trade him to another team. Right now he's the difference between us winning another ring and an early playoff exit. Let's hear some positivity. Lakers fans?

It's not about being negative it's realizing that despite the fact he's playing well it can not be ignored that he has durability issues. Yes those injuries were freak accidents but it doesn't take away from the fact that they happened.

Mcdoh
03-28-2011, 11:08 AM
hope he stay out of injury

Margie
03-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Hellcrooner You are a Bynum hater from Spain. You don't have a clue what the hell you are talking about. If it ain't about Pau, your mind is like a horse with blinders on.

Margie
03-28-2011, 12:30 PM
Tree Rollins you should not wish bad on people it might come back on you.

mekedubs
03-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Hellcrooner You are a Bynum hater from Spain. You don't have a clue what the hell you are talking about. If it ain't about Pau, your mind is like a horse with blinders on.

Thank you, Margie!!!:clap::clap:

Bynum does bad... Trade him!
Bynum does good... Trade him!

Like Lost Art said, he had 2 freak accidents that would have injured ANYBODY!! Now the guy is the difference maker (Sorry Crooner, not your boy Pau) and he's still catching a bad rap... Bynum is absolutely on a tear right now and it allows Pau to just play offense, because we all know that Pau plays defense on accident...

enserio
03-28-2011, 04:43 PM
with the exception of him recklessly tossing Beasley around, I'm liking everything I'm seeing from the kid. When I see him do things like back Okafor down and dunk on him with an Ice Cube growl, I think to myself how much he's changed from that fat kid in the McDonalds game. He's looking very tough these days with no sign of backing down.

J4KOP99
03-28-2011, 04:58 PM
I liked his performance last night. He played through the ****** calls and still played aggressively.

Supreme LA
03-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Like I said .... pau dope.... but trade m for dwight n make dwight a scoring pf .... n he can interchange with bynum n plug in odom at the four

Why would we trade Pau??? He is a very big focal point in the triangle. A very smart big man who can shoot midrange and pass as well as he can is too important to our system. I'm not saying that it couldn't work with what you suggest, but I think the change would't be as successful without Pau and our offense wouldn't be as effective.

BigCityofDreams
03-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Null

J4KOP99
03-29-2011, 01:25 PM
According to Bucher Dwight has some concerns about how long Kobe has left. He feels that the Nets situation is starting to become intriguing to Dwight.

I don't see him ending up in Brooklyn/NJ. Would Orlando even have the guts to trade him within the conference.

Please don't start with the ESPN rumors/reports... I can't take any more of that ****. Bucher has no ****ing idea what he is talking about, you think Dwight told him anything important?

BigCityofDreams
03-29-2011, 01:44 PM
No I don't think he did but I'm just posting it since it involves Howard. My bad if I pissed you off in anyway. I'll get rid of it.

C-Style
03-29-2011, 08:06 PM

damn LostArt if we would have listen to 4yrs ago, Kobe wouldn't had been here and we would still have Bynum and Farmer, scratching our heads, wondering what the **** happened.