PDA

View Full Version : New York Times: "Chicago Bulls...they're the championship favorites."

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Rob Mahoney of the New York Times says that not only are the Bulls contenders, they are the favorites to win the championship. He says, "Any claim to the contrary is ignorant of the information available, either willingly or otherwise." He goes on to write...

In case the facts have eluded you thus far:

Chicago is tied for the best record in the Eastern Conference, sitting pretty at 50-19.
The Bulls rank second in the league in efficiency differential, a measure that negates the impact of pace and ascertains a more accurate view of total performance.
In 11 games this month Chicago has posted an average efficiency differential of +13.3 points per 100 possessions, an even higher mark than their season average. The Bulls are on top of the world, and they’re destroying almost every opponent put in front of them with the playoffs right around the corner.
Chicago also ranks second in average point differential (+7.07), coming in just a shade below Miami (+7.11) for league-high honors.
The Bulls’ defense isn’t just the best in the league, but impressive even by historical standards. As SI.com’s Zach Lowe pointed out in his analysis of the Bulls as contenders, Chicago’s 99.9 points allowed per 100 possessions is among the top marks in the N.B.A. since alterations to the hand-checking rules made it easier for offensive players to score before the 2004-5 season.
Chicago holds its opponents to a lower effective field goal percentage than any other team in the league.
The icing on the cake: Chicago’s yearlong numbers may undersell its worth on offense and defense. Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer have missed a combined 54 games this season, and though the Bulls didn’t seem to miss a beat, it’s hard to make the case that Chicago wouldn’t have been better off with its best defensive big and a highly productive scorer and rebounder in the mix. We’ve seen just how good Chicago has been with a healthy roster – like in its 40-point win over Sacramento on Monday night, for instance – but there’s a distinct possibility that this team is only getting better.

Very well written article stating a clear objective case.

Let the haters argue...

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/22/chicago-bulls-championship-favorites/?ref=basketball

D Roses Bulls
03-24-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm afraid of the lakers at full strength

GodsSon
03-24-2011, 04:01 PM
But they aren't, the Lakers are.

haggis
03-24-2011, 04:02 PM
nothing new here ;)

Atticus Finch
03-24-2011, 04:02 PM
It's not objective if he's telling you disagreeing with him is equal to ignorance. Not hating on the Bulls whatsoever, just the author. Greg Popovic has said multiple time the Lakers are favorites to win it all, does that mean he's ignorant? Well if Rob Mahoney says he is then it must be true

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-24-2011, 04:03 PM
But they aren't, the Lakers are.

Very well could be but are you basing that on that they won it last year? What is the basis behind your argument?

Cool007
03-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Yeah, Lakers are the favs, followed by Celtics.

Bulls have a LOT OF Proving to do before anyone says anything about them.

Bulls need to make 2nd round 1st before we talk about anything.

IMO, I personally think Bulls' best chance at anything would be to seal the deal at the 1st seed and then go from there. They can make it to the ECF if they have the 1st seed.

I will just leave it at that.

GodsSon
03-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Very well could be but are you basing that on that they won it last year? What is the basis behind your argument?

They've won it the last 2 years in a row, have incredible length in their front-court, great defence in the interior and on the perimeter, bench depth (Artest is starting to wake up again as well) and Kobe is Kobe.

I wouldn't bet against them IF they're healthy in any seven game series. Not to mention that I think the Celtics will once again come out of the East this year; not hating on the Bulls, I just don't think they're quite ready yet, and that ultimately Boston's experience will push them over the hump.

MJ-BULLS
03-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Id still say the lakers are the favorites. They are the defending champions.

But i must say, those are some impressive numbers.

footballer2369
Chicago Bulls forum...

kntresistheheat
That's funny, the L.A Times says that the lakers are the favorite....which is it? Is somebody just pulling my leg or is it just the media messing around with us?

footballer2369
03-24-2011, 04:10 PM
I mean, for real. "Let the haters argue"... This was meant for Chicago eyes.

Jonathan2323
03-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Don't fear the Bulls at all, Thats just my opinion.

Nobody on that team has proven anything in the playoffs.

Last season the Cavs ended the regular season as the best team by 4 games.

Boston ended the season 3-7 last season. The playoffs are different.

footballer2369
03-24-2011, 04:11 PM
I didn't know Monta Ellis played in Chicago...

SteveNash
03-24-2011, 04:11 PM
They're 5th behind LA, Miami, Boston and the Spurs.

DROSE4MVP
03-24-2011, 04:13 PM

Cool. I like proving people wrong, especially Heat fans. Praying for a Heat-Bulls ECF to be honest. Not to just shut up the Heat fans about saying the regular season doesn't matter, but because it'll be a great series.

SteBO
03-24-2011, 04:14 PM
The Bulls are good team, no doubt. But the Lakers should be the favorites, not CHI. They won it all two years in a row now, so that's that.

ManRam
03-24-2011, 04:17 PM
EC favorites without a doubt. Overall favorites...not quite sure about that.

Best defense in the league, but I'm not convinced they can get those big buckets consistently against the other elite defense in the playoffs.

haggis
The Bulls are good team, no doubt. But the Lakers should be the favorites, not CHI. They won it all two years in a row now, so that's that.

^this. they are the favorites until someone takes it from them.

Tarheels23
Oh god.... and it begins

JCSchwa
03-24-2011, 04:20 PM

haha dude common ...i mean i agree the bulls cant be considered favorites because of the lakers and celts but for you to say you(the heat) dont fear the bulls at all is in fact ignorant especially with the whole 3-0 thing an all....Oh...Thats just my opinion :cool:

Jonathan2323
03-24-2011, 04:22 PM
haha dude common ...i mean i agree the bulls cant be considered favorites because of the lakers and celts but for you to say you(the heat) dont fear the bulls at all is in fact ignorant especially with the whole 3-0 thing an all....Oh...Thats just my opinion :cool:

I would say the overall feeling in Miami is that Boston is the major hurdle and the HEAT will beat the Bulls if they play them in the playoffs.

Supa
03-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Great, now media has jumped off Miami Heat wagon and onto the Bulls wagon.

---

JCSchwa
03-24-2011, 04:24 PM

Agreed.

northsider
03-24-2011, 04:25 PM
I would say the overall feeling in Miami is that Boston is the major hurdle and the HEAT will beat the Bulls if they play them in the playoffs.

I truly hope the Heat think this too. Nothing better then being under estimated by your opponent.

dnewguy
03-24-2011, 04:25 PM

3-0..... by a whopping 7 points combined. Miami had a lead with less than 1 min to go in 4th in all 3 games. Those 3 games could have easily been a 3-0 for Miami. I am not worried about the Bulls either, I am more worried about the Knicks than the Bulls.

Ray_R
03-24-2011, 04:26 PM

---

U Mad.

Lol playing I real do hate all the attention we are getting.

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-24-2011, 04:27 PM
3-0..... by a whopping 7 points combined. Miami had a lead with less than 1 min to go in 4th in all 3 games. Those 3 games could have easily been a 3-0 for Miami. I am not worried about the Bulls either, I am more worried about the Knicks than the Bulls.

and if grandma had balls she'd be grandpa...

rabueed
03-24-2011, 04:28 PM

:clap:

Bulls are great, but unproven. Until they are, you can't say they're the favorites. Playoff experience goes a long way, we all know that. If they get the 1st seed, they'll make it to the EC against Boston/Miami. After that, I wouldn't necessarily say they're underdogs at that point, but they're not favorites either.

If it just happens to be a Bulls Lakers finals, who would you put your money on? The team that's been there multiple times and knows how to get it done or the team that's unpredictable since no one has seen them get that far? People like the safe bet.

Ray_R
03-24-2011, 04:29 PM

Keyword.

jmcelligott92
03-24-2011, 04:30 PM
What happening to banning people for the Monta Ellis thing ManRam? or does footballer have immunity, not going by rules you just stated in the forum

I think Lakers out of the west vs Bull/Celtics

EDIT: and i seen a U Mad? and nothing happens with that either

northsider
To be honest their isn't a team in the playoffs I don't fear only cause it is the playoffs and obviously some teams demeanor changes. I watched my Bulls battle the C's to a game 7 in the first rd (granted that was one of the best match ups I watched in a long time) of the playoffs with the Celtics being far the better team of the 2.

I think it is either stupidity or just your way to maybe assure yourself that everything is going to be O.K. to not take every team that is in the playoffs seriously.

D1JM
does this mean we might get our own index?

Jewelz0376
03-24-2011, 04:32 PM
I like the Bulls I really do...imo I don't think they will beat Bos or Mia in the playoffs... In the playoffs I just think it will be too much Derrick Rose or Bust.. In order for them to even get to the finals I think Rose would have to have an amazing post season...

As a Laker fan I'm def more worried about Mia and Bos (in that order) before the Bulls...(as far as east is concerned)

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-24-2011, 04:34 PM
I like the Bulls I really do...imo I don't think they will beat Bos or Mia in the playoffs... In the playoffs I just think it will be too much Derrick Rose or Bust.. In order for them to even get to the finals I think Rose would have to have an amazing post season...

As a Laker fan I'm def more worried about Mia and Bos (in that order) before the Bulls...(as far as east is concerned)

Have you been watching basketball lately? The Bulls are absolutely destroying anyone they play and Boston is struggling down the stretch. The Celtics seem to be getting older while the Bulls continue to get stronger.

JCSchwa
03-24-2011, 04:37 PM

Well its a good thing that the overall feeling in Miami doesnt really matter much since the overall feeling in miami is the HEAT will win not 1...not 2...not 3....not 4...not 5 ....not 6... not 7... but one million championships :win: :raise pinky to evil smirk: ....but in all seriousness as a bulls fan i do not want to play the heat, id rather them then the celtics obviously but id like to see them get knocked off by a lower seed simply because it would be easier for the bulls, and it would be foolish to underestimate a team with the amount of talent the heat possess. however apparently "some" Miami fans do not share the same sort of respect for the competition (competition that has proven to have the edge)

IamKaiserSoze
03-24-2011, 04:38 PM
Being considered the favorites doesn't really mean anything. It being late March, and all it only means we're playing well in late March. But that number 1 seed is going to be important. I do not want to play game 7 in Boston.

smiddy012
03-24-2011, 04:38 PM

I got five names here for Miami - Noah, Boozer, Asik, Gibson, Thomas

Miami doesnt have 1 big man who is as good or better than any of those 5. And no Bosh is not a big man.

Also the Bulls match up defensively vs Miami better than any team in the league - Rose/Brewer/Bogans for Wade and Deng/Noah/Asik for Lebron.

Of course, as a Bulls fan, I only want to see one of the Celtics or Miami in the playoffs (seeing that we get the 1st seed). And if I had to pick one to play, its definitely Miami (even though they'd have to beat the Celts to get to us). Although a Bulls/Celts ECF would be crazy considering their history, that would be cool too. To me a Celts/Bulls final would be more competitive seeing as Miami doesnt have as much of a home-court advantage.

JCSchwa
03-24-2011, 04:40 PM

hahah wait do you actually watch Basketball or just the heat and play NBA 2k11 and post your nonsense on here?:facepalm:

Jonathan2323
03-24-2011, 04:44 PM
I got five names here for Miami - Noah, Boozer, Asik, Gibson, Thomas

Miami doesnt have 1 big man who is as good or better than any of those 5. And no Bosh is not a big man.

Also the Bulls match up defensively vs Miami better than any team in the league - Rose/Brewer/Bogans for Wade and Deng/Noah/Asik for Lebron.

None of those players can contain Wade or Bron in a playoff series, but they can contain your to best offensive players in Rose and Deng.

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2011, 04:45 PM
a team that hasn't been outta the 1st round is favoured to win the championship? :facepalm:

ManRam
03-24-2011, 04:46 PM

Come on? Seriously?

The Bulls have the best defense in the NBA. They're the best home team in the NBA. They'll have HCA. They've played well against the best teams in the league. The Bulls have great coaching. The Bulls have great size.

The Knicks play no defense. The Knicks can't score a fourth quarter basket for the life of them. The Knicks have terrible coaching. The Knicks have no size.

So, again...why?

gocubsgo23
03-24-2011, 04:47 PM

On Monday night, the Bulls had 8 players in double figures. 8.

So yeah, there goes that argument. You clearly haven't been watching the Bulls play all year.

Jewelz0376
03-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Have you been watching basketball lately? The Bulls are absolutely destroying anyone they play and Boston is struggling down the stretch. The Celtics seem to be getting older while the Bulls continue to get stronger.

Just like the Celtics were looking old last year?

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-24-2011, 04:49 PM
a team that hasn't been outta the 1st round is favoured to win the championship? :facepalm:

So by your logic only teams that have won a championship before can win one this year? How do new teams ever win championships? Playoff experience is overrated. Just ask the Celtics after they got KG and Ray Allen or the Heat when they picked up Shaq.

Your lack of logic gets you a :facepalm:

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Just like the Celtics were looking old last year?

I thought the Lakers won last year?

JCSchwa
03-24-2011, 04:51 PM
does this mean we might get our own index?

hahaha...facebook "like button"

gocubsgo23
03-24-2011, 04:51 PM
Also, on Tuesday the Bulls beat the #5 team in the East by 33. Meanwhile, the Lakers are forced to triple overtime by the #10 team in the West. Both teams were on the road.

Not at all saying this wraps up the season, but it puts into perspective how amazing the Bulls are playing together right now.

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2011, 04:52 PM
So by your logic only teams that have won a championship before can win one this year? How do new teams ever win championships? Playoff experience is overrated. Just ask the Celtics after they got KG and Ray Allen or the Heat when they picked up Shaq.

Your lack of logic gets you a :facepalm:

1) Celtics were a VETERAN team
2)
So by your logic only teams that have won a championship before can win one this year? Did i say that? please tell me where i said that. I don't think that but i do think u had to have won a championship before to be favoured...is that not logic? if you've accomplished something, and someone else hasn't, wouldn't you be expected to accomplish that same thing again over that person who hasn't?

your blatant homerism gets you a :facepalm:

SteBO
03-24-2011, 04:53 PM
You can't base what happens in the playoffs by the happenings of the regular season. So what if the Bulls are beating teams in the regular season? What does that mean? In the playoffs, everyone starts 0-0. One home loss or the other way could make a difference between winning a series or losing it.

smiddy012
03-24-2011, 04:54 PM
None of those players can contain Wade or Bron in a playoff series, but they can contain your to best offensive players in Rose and Deng.

You are speaking hypothetically. My notions are based on their regular season play this season...

And in case you didn't notice, Lebron and Wade played Rose and company pretty damn hard, if they werent giving it 100% they were giving 99.

Jewelz0376
03-24-2011, 04:55 PM
On Monday night, the Bulls had 8 players in double figures. 8.

So yeah, there goes that argument. You clearly haven't been watching the Bulls play all year.

What does them blowing out the Hawks have to do with them winning in the playoffs?.. Plenty of teams beat the Hawks..

Some of you Bulls fans need to wake up and realize that the regular reason and the playoffs are two different seasons... Yall think because they perform a certain way in the regular season it will automatically transfer into the playoffs...

Beating the Hawks, Pacers, Wizards, etc w/ Rose struggling is totally different than beating Bos or Mia in the playoffs w/ Rose struggling...They have the D to keep them in it...but I think they will struggle to score too many times against Bos or Mia to beat them..

I like Bos and Mia chances better than the Bulls coming out the east...and plenty of other people feel that way too..deal with it...

Jewelz0376
03-24-2011, 04:56 PM
I thought the Lakers won last year?

you completely missed the point

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-24-2011, 04:56 PM
You can't base what happens in the playoffs by the happenings of the regular season. So what if the Bulls are beating teams in the regular season? What does that mean? In the playoffs, everyone starts 0-0. One home loss or the other way could make a difference between winning a series or losing it.

and as a Heat fan thats all you have to go on if you have any hopes of beating the Bulls. Keep telling yourself the Heat's fortunes will completely change in the playoffs.

3-0 this season against the Heat.

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-24-2011, 04:57 PM
you completely missed the point

What's your point then?

smiddy012
03-24-2011, 04:57 PM
and as a Heat fan thats all you have to go on if you have any hopes of beating the Bulls. Keep telling yourself the Heat's fortunes will completely change in the playoffs.

Yeah sounds like a "practice dont matter" type of thing. Now its "regular season dont matter."

SteBO
03-24-2011, 04:58 PM
What does them blowing out the Hawks have to do with them winning in the playoffs?.. Plenty of teams beat the Hawks..

Some of you Bulls fans need to wake up and realize that the regular reason and the playoffs are two different seasons... Yall think because they perform a certain way in the regular season it will automatically transfer into the playoffs...

Beating the Hawks, Pacers, Wizards, etc w/ Rose struggling is totally different than beating Bos or Mia in the playoffs w/ Rose struggling...They have the D to keep them in it...but I think they will struggle to score too many times against Bos or Mia to beat them..

I like Bos and Mia chances better than the Bulls coming out the east...and plenty of other people feel that way too..deal with it...
:phew: Thank you. I've been saying this for months now. Noone is saying the Bulls aren't good, but to think they're automatically the favorites in the east because they have #1 seed right now is silly and plain stupid assessment. All I'm sayin.

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-24-2011, 04:58 PM

What's your reasoning? Besides for your hate of the Bulls?

gocubsgo23
03-24-2011, 04:59 PM

It was actually the Kings on Monday but OK.

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-24-2011, 05:00 PM
:phew: Thank you. I've been saying this for months now. Noone is saying the Bulls aren't good, but to think they're automatically the favorites in the east because they have #1 seed right now is silly and plain stupid assessment. All I'm sayin.

Then how should the "favorites" be established if its not by best record?

championships
The Lakers are just as hot as the bulls are right now. They are still the favorites. I am going to go for the Bulls in the East. I would love to see them eliminate the Heat or Boston. What better story then for Phil to go out on top against his former team :D.. For real though, I think the Bulls can take out the Heat or If they face Boston, Well I'm a laker fan, I would love to see them lose to Chicago.

SteBO

Yeah sounds like a "practice dont matter" type of thing. Now its "regular season dont matter."

The both of you clearly don't intend to make an effort to even understand what I'm trying to tell you, because your homerism is overwhelming you. So I guess I won't waste my time going back and forth. :pity: The playoffs will be fun this year, and I can't wait.

KH12
Both sides need to stop with the constant, pointless, bickering. The same threads pop up every other day, and the same posts are made in said thread every single time. Neither side is going to change their stance, so let's just let the season unfold itself.

dnewguy
03-24-2011, 05:01 PM

Everyone that doesn't pick the Bulls to win is hating on them? LOL

FuriousJatt
03-24-2011, 05:01 PM
8 reasons why the lakers should be considered as the favorites:
1. they won the last two, so they have experienced players and coaching staff.
2. bynum is healthy and productive.
3. our bench is better; odom, and shannon are playing better this year and matt barnes gives us solid backup at sf, and not to mention steve blake is a better back up pg for this offense than farmar.
4. we have been the hotest team for the past 4-5 weeks and still have the 3rd best record in the league.
5. we can play any style, we can beat you with our defense, light you with our offense, drive you insane with our "best in the league" execution, and can match up with anyone in the league; we can go small or big.
6. we have the most talented and tallest frontline in the entire league.
7. we're solid at sf, sg and pg... we have one of the best 9player rotation.
we
8. we have one of the best offenses and defenses in the league.

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-24-2011, 05:03 PM
The both of you clearly don't intend to make an effort to even understand what I'm trying to tell you, because your homerism is overwhelming you. So I guess I won't waste my time going back and forth. :pity: The playoffs will be fun this year, and I can't wait.

You're argument doesn't make sense, your blinded by your hatred and jeolousy of the Bulls success this season, and besides I'm really a Bobcats fan...GO CATS!

JNA17
03-24-2011, 05:03 PM
well i'd rather have the media on the Bulls then the Heat so good news :D

SteBO
03-24-2011, 05:05 PM
You're argument doesn't make sense, your blinded by your hatred and jeolousy of the Bulls success this season, and besides I'm really a Bobcats fan...GO CATS!
I like the Bulls in all honesty. I don't hate them at all, but to say because the Bulls are beasting right now that they should be the favorites for the title is stupid, sorry. It's the truth. If regular season told the whole story, then what would be the point of the playoffs?......Exactly. There would be no point at all.

Purple&Gold24
03-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Both sides need to stop with the constant, pointless, bickering. The same threads pop up every other day, and the same posts are made in said thread every single time. Neither side is going to change their stance, so let's just let the season unfold itself.

This.

MJ-BULLS
03-24-2011, 05:11 PM

This right here.^

championships
03-24-2011, 05:12 PM
I understand Bulls fans are excited about their team. It's been awhile since they could but don't let it inflate your craniums just yet. Talk is cheap until it is proven you can. Ask Cavs and Mavs fans what it means to have the best reg. season records, When it comes to the playoffs.

Jewelz0376
03-24-2011, 05:13 PM

Now i see why some people are so annoyed with Bulls fans... If I don't think the Bulls will come out the east then it means I'm hating??...lol ok

The Jokemaker
03-24-2011, 05:15 PM
I like the Bulls, and I would not be surprised at all if they are the champions at the end of the season. However, I don't think they're favorites. The Lakers have to be the favorites, they are coached by the best coach, have a true superstar in kobe with a complementary player gasol, have size, have veterans, and have experience. I would give the Celtics as the 2nd most favorite due to their veterans, coaching, and experience as well. I fully expect LA to have the 3peat completed come this summer.

rabueed
03-24-2011, 05:20 PM

See, you're trying to reason with everyone. It won't work. It never has.

redsox0717
03-24-2011, 05:28 PM
It's funny how everyone, the media included, are just disregarding the Celtics. We'll see come the playoffs....lol

SteBO
03-24-2011, 05:30 PM
It's funny how everyone, the media included, are just disregarding the Celtics. We'll see come the playoffs....lol
You guys are the eastern conference favorites as far as I'm concerned. I'm just sketchy on relying on Shaq and JO to be that productive. They've missed so much time already.

JordansBulls
03-24-2011, 05:30 PM
PTS/G: 98.5 (20th of 30) ▪ Opp PTS/G: 91.1 (2nd of 30)
SRS: 6.78 (1st of 30) ▪ Pace: 90.4 (23rd of 30)
Off Rtg: 108.0 (12th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 99.9 (1st of 30)
Expected W-L: 53-17 (1st of 30)

Arena: United Center ▪ Attendance: 759,390 (1st of 30)

#1 in Defensive Rating, #2 in Opp PTS/Game, #1 in SRS rating and #1 in Expected W-L Rating.

C_Mund
03-24-2011, 05:34 PM

To be honest, your argument speaks to the opposite of your opinion. In basketball, winning close games speaks to maturity, and the ability to score and/or lock down in crunch time. If you keep losing close games (especially when you have the lead in the last minute and cough it up) it says way more than some fan who decided that the Bulls don't pose a threat.
p.s. I know this because I'm a raps fan, and even though we've historically played pretty decent against elite teams, we'll win maybe two games a year in total against the top four teams in each division.

Raph12
03-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Lakeshow is the favs, followed by the Spurs (with TD at full strength) and the Celts... I got Chitown with the Heat, good but just not there yet.

jrm2054
03-24-2011, 05:41 PM
they can but prob wont

Avenged
03-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Unproven, don't see how they're the favorites. They're capable of winning it all, I think that's obvious, but favorites? This is their first year putting a run like this, no way they're favorites this season.

madvillian9
03-24-2011, 05:50 PM
the people in this thread are the very reason why the nba forum sucks dick.
get wade>you and hustlenomics in here and you got 'em all

Cubs Win
03-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Unproven, don't see how they're the favorites. They're capable of winning it all, I think that's obvious, but favorites? This is their first year putting a run like this, no way they're favorites this season.

I agree with this. You can't be the favorites until you've done it before. Or at least made a deep playoff run with some experience. That said it's tough to point out a clear favorite.

Boston hasn't looked the same since Perkins was traded. The Heat still have a poor record against elite teams (meaning the teams that will stand in their way for a title). The Spurs have been overlooked most of the year, but now with Duncan's injury, they could definitely feel the impact from that. That leaves the Lakers. They didn't start well but they've been playing great since the all-star break. And considering they've won the last 2 championships, I think that puts them as the favorite. Although not necessarily a clear favorite that will dominate their way through all the elite teams to a title.

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2011, 05:55 PM
I agree with this. You can't be the favorites until you've done it before. Or at least made a deep playoff run with some experience. That said it's tough to point out a clear favorite.

try telling that to the OP

Chronz
03-24-2011, 06:01 PM
You dont need to have done it before to be favored, when the Celtics first came together they won it all.

John Walls Era
03-24-2011, 06:03 PM
They play great D so its not a crazy bold prediction, but i dont know if they will even make it to the ecf

Cubs Win
03-24-2011, 06:05 PM
try telling that to the OP

If he has a gut feeling that the Bulls should be favored, I say good for him. As a Bulls fan, I'd love it if I could say we are clear favorites for a championship this year. I just don't get that feeling that we are undoubtedly the team to beat.

Have we put ourselves in a great position to win a championship? Yes.

Are we favorites? No. Not yet at least. Maybe a year or two from now though.

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2011, 06:05 PM
You dont need to have done it before to be favored, when the Celtics first came together they won it all.

they were perceived as a super team though and Manu was injured for the Spurs who were the defending champs IIRC. so i guess they had to be favoured because who else would be?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-24-2011, 06:08 PM
The Bulls have no experience, no way they make it that far.

Avenged
03-24-2011, 06:09 PM

Very true but it is a different situation. The Celtics had the star power (Pierce, KG, Ray) so people automatically claimed them champions from the get-go. Nobody was saying or even thought the Bulls would come this far this season. Doesn't mean they can't be favored but I just don't see it. I would think great teams who have proven to win it all (Lakers/Celtics) would be more favorable.

Cubs Win
03-24-2011, 06:09 PM
The Bulls have no experience, no way they make it that far.
:rolleyes:

PurpleJesus28
03-24-2011, 06:15 PM

---

i ****in hate it. :puke:

i dont mind all the talk, but i hate how everyones all over our nuts now. i love recognition for being a good team, but i hate all the ball washing the media does.

dont think we can be considered the favorites to win it, i personally dont think we're the favorites to come outta the east either. i wouldn't be surprised if either happened, i just dont think were the "favorites" to do it. can't wait to watch rose in the play-offs though:drool:

DLeeicious
03-24-2011, 06:16 PM

lol I mean you can not be worried about the Bulls that's fine but you'd rather play the Bulls than New York? I don't think there is even a New York fan who would say that's wise.

stlbest5in2013
03-24-2011, 06:19 PM

true?

your arguement goes against the heat as well, other then wade, and haslem, the players on that team have won 0 championships. lebrron couldnt lead a team to a title, bosh has never led a team out of the 1st round. wade carried the heat to their lone championship, yet he has not done it before or after shaq was there.

so not the bulls, not the heat, that means the celtics come out of the east. or we could wait until the playoffs start.

John Walls Era
03-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Bulls this year: Off Rtg: 108.0 (12th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 99.9 (1st of 30)

Celtics (when they won): Off Rtg: 110.2 (10th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 98.9 (1st of 30).

Very Similar.

stlbest5in2013
03-24-2011, 06:21 PM

first time ever i have agreed to what you just said

Flash3
03-24-2011, 06:31 PM
lol I mean you can not be worried about the Bulls that's fine but you'd rather play the Bulls than New York? I don't think there is even a New York fan who would say that's wise.

why not ? it would be so much more entertaining why wouldn't i want to face the better team..

bosox3431
03-24-2011, 06:32 PM
I can't believe how much people overrate experience on this forum. And I don't mean just the NBA forum. I heard thing about the packers, they wouldnt beat Pitt cause they didn't have the experience. Experience means little.

Chronz
03-24-2011, 06:33 PM
they were perceived as a super team though and Manu was injured for the Spurs who were the defending champs IIRC. so i guess they had to be favoured because who else would be?

Lakers were favored once they got to the Finals and they had been together half a year

DLeeicious
03-24-2011, 06:36 PM
why not ? it would be so much more entertaining why wouldn't i want to face the better team..

That's one thing. I interpreted him as saying he'd rather face the Bulls because they would be an easier out than New York and that is ludicrous to anyone who has been watching the league at all this season, especially post Melo trade.

It's funny though, about 2 months ago dnewguy started a thread about the Bulls being contenders and now 2 months later after they are serious contenders and a top 5 team in the league he is saying he'd rather face us than the current 7 seed. Hmmm I wonder what his intent was with that thread?

Flash3
03-24-2011, 06:41 PM
That's one thing. I interpreted him as saying he'd rather face the Bulls because they would be an easier out than New York and that is ludicrous to anyone who has been watching the league at all this season, especially post Melo trade.

It's funny though, about 2 months ago dnewguy started a thread about the Bulls being contenders and now 2 months later after they are serious contenders and a top 5 team in the league he is saying he'd rather face us than the current 7 seed. Hmmm I wonder what his intent was with that thread?

dnewguy plays minds games he apparently brought "swag" to the heat forum :D Tangent12 plays those same games so we need our guy to balance things out naw mean ? :D hope you guys understand now :p

Chronz
03-24-2011, 06:48 PM
first time ever i have agreed to what you just said

Get an avatar because I have no idea who you are, I will fix this balance. I dont think the Bulls should be favored, Im just here to bash cliches.

Confusious
03-24-2011, 07:12 PM
The Bulls are becoming the darlings of the league.

I like it.

heathonater
03-24-2011, 07:39 PM
i think the lakers are still the favorites. with bynum putting most of his focus on getting rebounds and blocking shots, la has a very formidable front line. with bynum playing like he has, gasol doesnt need to guard stronger centers. the lakers are also a very good defensive team when they play good opponents. if the bulls had an elite sg i would pick them to win it all.

Crackadalic
03-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Still like the lakers chances but the bulls can come out of the east this year

Bullsfan22
03-24-2011, 08:05 PM
First thing I thought when I saw this thread was why the Bulls? I'm slow to buy end to the hype of the Bulls or any team I cheer for that matter (I'm a Cubs fan). I'll just take the wait and see approach. I wonder what the lakers and celtics think when they see stuff like this.

bovice163
03-24-2011, 08:07 PM
The Lakers are still the team to beat, but the Bulls are right up there as well.

finalverse
03-24-2011, 08:33 PM
That article is old, Bulls are now 1st in the East and 1st in point differential in the whole league.

RIPSweetness34
03-24-2011, 09:00 PM
Chicago Bulls forum...

Unless its about Miami then it should be in the NBA forum

jiggin
03-24-2011, 09:08 PM
This is a good article....because it gets readers.

That's it.

by posting this, the writer new he would have a hot article...half of chicago fans and all of new york fans would want to read and chime in.

Ahhh...how the media can start a conversation....and sell advertising.

Too Easy

evadatam5150
03-24-2011, 09:12 PM
Rob Mahoney of the New York Times says that not only are the Bulls contenders, they are the favorites to win the championship. He says, "Any claim to the contrary is ignorant of the information available, either willingly or otherwise." He goes on to write...

Very well written article stating a clear objective case.

Let the haters argue...

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/22/chicago-bulls-championship-favorites/?ref=basketball

Just idiocy and more hyprbol.. Listen the Bulls are a good team but at this point they're the trendy faves with very little playoff experience.. Are they dangerous..?? Sure, as is every team that will be playing in the post season.. Favorites to win it all.. ?? Only if you're a homer or a writer attempting to create buzz.. The Celtics (experienced, tough and wise) are very much the team to beat in the East.. And yes I said East.. The West is a completely different animal altogether..

No the Bulls are not the faves in their own conference let alone the league..

mrblisterdundee
03-24-2011, 09:13 PM
I like that the Bulls aren't as concentrated as the Cavaliers were last season, but I still think they'll get spanked by the Celtics due to lack of experience.

ldawg
03-24-2011, 09:23 PM
I love Rose and the bulls and i hope they are the ones that come out the east. However i would not mind Celtics either. I Love Rose, there was no hype surrounding him, He made a name for himself with his game. He is self made I love that. Its the the same Respect i got for Kobe, Duncan, Howard, Amare and Wade before the championship parade influence by Lebron. Cocky media made players don't get that respect.

bosox3431
03-24-2011, 11:19 PM
I like that the Bulls aren't as concentrated as the Cavaliers were last season, but I still think they'll get spanked by the Celtics due to lack of experience.

What exactly does experience do? Nothing

DaBear
03-24-2011, 11:22 PM
I don't think the Bulls are favorites to win the title at the moment. I think LA, Boston and SA are still more favorable at this point, but the Bulls are definitely in the discussion to win the title.

hugepatsfan
03-24-2011, 11:23 PM
I tend to lean towards sidng w/ them right now. Especially if they get homecourt in the East, which isn't decided yet.

sargon21
03-24-2011, 11:31 PM
The Bulls simply cannot be the favorites with their lack of experience. The Celtics should still be the favorites in the East regardless of what seed they get. The Bulls chances, do however, go up significantly if they end up getting the #1 seed. And obviously you can't forget the Lakers.

godolphins
03-24-2011, 11:35 PM
I don't see them being the favorite

KG2TB
03-24-2011, 11:38 PM
Lakers are obviously the favorites. C'mon now...common sense. I'd still put the Celtics as more 'favorable' than the Bulls just because they have tons of experience and have played together for years. You seen how they flipped the switch last year and no doubt they can do it again despite their recent struggles. With that said...I think Chicago has a very good chance to win it all this year. They can't be labeled 'favorites' but despite what label you put on a team you still have to go out there and get it done. Pretty meaningless, IMO

cubswin25
03-24-2011, 11:43 PM

How much experience did the Celtics have in 07-08? It's not like those players had a bunch of rings. They had a bunch of guys who usually lost in the 1st or 2nd round like the Bulls got. Heck the Bulls took the Celtics to 7 games in a great series two years ago with Rose as a rookie and Noah in his second year. You don't think they learned from that? Or Deng being the key player in the Bulls beating the defending champion Heat in the playoffs 07? Or how about Boozer playing in the playoffs with the Jazz over the years? SO have guys like Bogans, Korver and Brewer as well. These guys have all played in the post season, and all have played better in the postseason. They aren't gonna be surprised or shelled shocked by anything come post season. Not with the coach they have or some of the veterans(aka Kurt Thomas) on the team. This team knows how to play and win the playoffs. They gave it their all the last two seasons, and gave the Cavs and Celtics tough series. Despite the 09 team being just ok, and the 10 team being slightly worse since they were dumping players to create cap space for the off season. Thats why they took the Celtics to seven games as a 8 seed two years ago. While even though last year as a 8 seed they lost to the Cavs in 5, but four of those games were close and could have went either way. That was with a bad coach, average defense, and basically Rose,Noah,Deng,Taj and scrubs.

knightstemplar
03-25-2011, 01:43 AM
cavs were favorites last 2 seasons so.....

blastmasta26
03-25-2011, 05:40 AM
As good as the Bulls are, I don't see them as favorites.

Supa
03-25-2011, 08:55 AM
I have to agree, the Bulls are the Media's favorite, after the hype with Miami didn't work out.

---

effen5
03-25-2011, 09:06 AM
I have to agree, the Bulls are the Media's favorite, after the hype with Miami didn't work out.

---

I wish they would jump off our bandwagon and get back to the heat index.

Badluck33
03-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Rose is over rated.

Close thread/

ne3xchamps
03-25-2011, 09:38 AM

x2. postseason is a whole different animal.

el_primo_nano
03-25-2011, 10:32 AM
My Sexy finals pick is the Bulls vs the Lakers. I wouldnt mind Rose winning a title. They look unstoppable right now.

tangent12
03-25-2011, 03:32 PM
We all know the Bulls are the biggest favorites and most likely to crush everyone in their path and win the title, all NBA fans are aware of that so no surprise there.

SoxBearsBulls!
03-25-2011, 04:58 PM

Bulls are great, but unproven. Until they are, you can't say they're the favorites. Playoff experience goes a long way, we all know that. If they get the 1st seed, they'll make it to the EC against Boston/Miami. After that, I wouldn't necessarily say they're underdogs at that point, but they're not favorites either.

If it just happens to be a Bulls Lakers finals, who would you put your money on? The team that's been there multiple times and knows how to get it done or the team that's unpredictable since no one has seen them get that far? People like the safe bet.

From wiki...
Although the Lakers were the heavy favorite, the Pistons won the series four games to one to win their first title since 1990. Detroit was so dominant in the series that it came to be known as a "five-game sweep."[1][2][3] Piston point guard Chauncey Billups was named the Most Valuable Player of the series.[4] In winning, the Pistons won their fifth championship (three NBA Championships, two NBL Championships).[5] The series was noted for the perceived underdog, the Pistons, dominating a Laker team that had four future Hall of Famers. The Lakers' collapse resulted in only one of the stars, Kobe Bryant remaining on the team for next season.

I bet you felt that way too in 04 vs the unproven Pistons...just saying.Things don't always play out by "logical reasons".Not saying the Bulls are the favorites but they have as good a chance as any of the top teams this year to win it all.

basketfan4life
03-25-2011, 05:45 PM
every year we overhype something, last year it was durant, this year rose and bulls...don't get me wrong, i love both of those guys and clubs. but c'mon give me a break. i'm not gonna argue who is the favourite, i'm just saying who is not...

PippensBulls
03-25-2011, 05:50 PM
every year we overhype something, last year it was durant, this year rose and bulls...don't get me wrong, i love both of those guys and clubs. but c'mon give me a break. i'm not gonna argue who is the favourite, i'm just saying who is not...

No one talked about Durant and the Thunder last year until they unexpectedly pushed your Lakers to 6 games.

basketfan4life
03-25-2011, 06:07 PM
No one talked about Durant and the Thunder last year until they unexpectedly pushed your Lakers to 6 games.
i remember people were saying durant will be the best player in the league, now we have exact same topic about rose...you know what i mean.
and i have to say,it is not my lakers,i'm not a lakers fan, i like lakers as much as i like bulls, magic , knicks. i just have a smphaty for these teams...

i'd be more than happy to see bulls winning it all...

PippensBulls
03-25-2011, 07:49 PM
i remember people were saying durant will be the best player in the league, now we have exact same topic about rose...you know what i mean.
and i have to say,it is not my lakers,i'm not a lakers fan, i like lakers as much as i like bulls, magic , knicks. i just have a smphaty for these teams...

i'd be more than happy to see bulls winning it all...

:cricket:

I smell a bandwagoner nearby...

Someone with a Lakers playoff sig claims to not be a Laker fan...

evadatam5150
03-25-2011, 08:30 PM
What exactly does experience do? Nothing

Really...??? Wow.. So you're saying experience doesn't give you an edge at all...?? So being there, accomplishing, winning, understanding what it takes to win big games on an even bigger stage and you're saying that this is completely irrelevant... Really I have no more words for this type of complete and utter ignorance.. Go... Be happy and enjoy your ignorant little homer existence..

ldawg
03-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Celtiics or Bulls vs Lakers is the match up i want to see the most. I hope the band wagon heatles get outs in the first round and humble them. Its sad because i really like Wade, its a shame he got to put Lebron in his guest house. Wade and Bosh were two humble first class role model players. why,why,why wade why u had to go there?

basketfan4life
03-26-2011, 11:41 AM
:cricket:

I smell a bandwagoner nearby...

Someone with a Lakers playoff sig claims to not be a Laker fan...

nope...you are just not open to the idea that someone can like more than one team,doesn't have a favourite team...

i'm from europe man, i don't have a favourite team, i love basketball and nba is where basketball at it's best, i like teams based on its players, bulls since jordon, lakers since kobe, orlando since dwight, and knicks since their final series with spurs.
so i'd be really glad to see bulls wint it all. but i think it's not happening, i just don't think they can come out of the east, when they face heat, celtics or may be even magic, i think thats it. They are one player away and that is my idea.

h2r09
03-26-2011, 11:47 AM
for some reason this team reminds me of the 04-05 heat where they are 1 year away from a title. dont see it this year.

SoxBearsBulls!
03-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Honestly, the only team I fear are the two time defending champs Lakers because of Kobe and Jackson.

In the East, Boston=injured and old
Miami=after the big 2 1/2, scrubs

xxplayerxx23
03-26-2011, 12:13 PM
chiago IMO is the most complete team other then LA. I think Boston has gone down. Chiago is the 3rd favorite for me First La 2nd NY :D:)3rd chiago lol :p

k.smith904
03-26-2011, 12:22 PM
chiago IMO is the most complete team other then LA. I think Boston has gone down. Chiago is the 3rd favorite for me First La 2nd NY :D:)3rd chiago lol :p

since you had to do it, I have to remind you the "surging" Knicks have lost their last 5.

:p

xxplayerxx23
03-26-2011, 12:33 PM
since you had to do it, I have to remind you the "surging" Knicks have lost their last 5.

:p

We are getting our losses out of our system and we will be ready come playoff time lol :D

Hustlenomics
03-26-2011, 06:50 PM
the people in this thread are the very reason why the nba forum sucks dick.
get wade>you and hustlenomics in here and you got 'em all

and you are?

Lake_Show2416
03-26-2011, 08:39 PM
I guess its time to get ur bets in to make some money cuz the real list starts with

1. Lakers
2. Celtics
3. Spurs

theheatles
03-26-2011, 11:33 PM
Lakers +225
Celtics +250
Heat +300
Spurs +350
Bulls +350
Mavericks +900

those r the lines according to sportsbook

DLeeicious
03-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Lakers +225
Celtics +250
Heat +300
Spurs +350
Bulls +350
Mavericks +900

those r the lines according to sportsbook

rape comes to mind for every single one of those, man what sucker bets

tredigs
03-26-2011, 11:39 PM
The Bulls haven't won a playoff series in half a decade. I don't care how strong they're going right now, they don't have the experience to become the "favorites" going into it. Has anyone on that roster ever even been to a finals?

Boozer got slapped around by Tim Duncan in the Western Conference finals once (many years ago), but I think that's about as deep as their playoff experience gets.

They're a great team that has as good a shot as anyone, but for the writer to insinuate that "arguing anyone else being the favorite is a joke" or whatever his precise words were? Yeah, he's a clown.

bovice163
03-26-2011, 11:42 PM
The Bulls haven't won a playoff series in half a decade. I don't care how strong they're going right now, they don't have the experience to become the "favorites" going into it. Has anyone on that roster ever even been to a finals?

Boozer got slapped around by Tim Duncan in the Western Conference finals once (many years ago), but I think that's about as deep as their playoff experience gets?

Your ignorance can be astounding sometimes. No, they're not the favorites, but anyone trying to discredit their chances, as well as the Heats, is a blind hater.

marlinsfan24
03-26-2011, 11:44 PM
Your ignorance can be astounding sometimes. No, they're not the favorites, but anyone trying to discredit their chances, as well as the Heats, is a blind hater.

tredigs
03-26-2011, 11:50 PM

I was actually already editing it as to try not to get the sourpusses panties in a bunch.

At no point in my post did I just discredit them. The original article is simply a joke, and taking their solid regular season as a red carpet to the finals is what fools proclaim (see: Mavericks, every year). Yet, they have no player on their team who has ever been to the finals. These are facts. Take it as hate all you want, but I assure you I'm not the ignorant one here.

chitown815
03-26-2011, 11:53 PM
LOL @ Celtics being favorites, Heat are scary Celtics not really

bovice163
03-26-2011, 11:54 PM
I was actually already editing it as to try not to get the sourpusses panties in a bunch.

At no point in my post did I just discredit them. The original article is simply a joke, and taking their solid regular season as a red carpet to the finals. Yet, they have no player on their team who has ever been to the finals. These are facts. Take it as hate all you want, but I assure you I'm not the ignorant one here.

Yes, the article is a little over the top, I'll agree. But so is your hate for anything Bulls/Rose related. Even as a Bulls fan, it's very obvious to see that the road to the finals isn't going to be easy, but you're severely discrediting the Bulls' HCA. We're the 2nd best home team in the league, and have by far the easiest run to the ECF.

Stop drinking the haterade.

tredigs
03-26-2011, 11:56 PM
LOL @ Celtics being favorites, Heat are scary Celtics not really

People laughed at their chances last year also. And there are multiple teams out west who can take out the Bulls: Namely the back to back finals champions with a fully healthy roster.

I'm enjoying the fact that the Bulls are getting this much praise though. Should they fail (which, more than likely, they will) it'll make it that much more agonizing for you cocky fans.

bovice163
03-26-2011, 11:58 PM
People laughed at their chances last year also. And there are multiple teams out west who can take out the Bulls: Namely the back to back finals champions with a fully healthy roster.

I'm enjoying the fact that the Bulls are getting this much praise though. Should they fail (which, more than likely, they will) it'll make it that much more agonizing for you cocky fans.

Grow the **** up, I actually thought you had some sense in you. Another big reason why the NBA forum is filled with fools.

tredigs
03-27-2011, 12:00 AM
Grow the **** up, I actually thought you had some sense in you. Another big reason why the NBA forum is filled with fools.

Coming from YOU? That's rich bud. I bring up legitimate points on how over the top this article is (like many things surrounding the Bulls' success this year), and you directly bash ME. Cognitive dissonance is a helluva drug.

DLeeicious
03-27-2011, 12:01 AM

I don't recognize your name at all but you do have "quote and destroyer" under it so sounds like you may be cocky as well. Just saying.

bovice163
03-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Yeah, coming from ME. You brought up opinion, not some fool-proof facts. I actually agreed with you how the article was over the top. Learn to comprehend and digest posts, rather than bash and hope to 'agonize' a fan base in the future. Again, grow the **** up.

Continue living in your blissful world of ignorance, I'm sure it'll do you very good.

chitown815
03-27-2011, 12:04 AM
you havent watched many celtic games since the trade have you?

tredigs
03-27-2011, 12:14 AM
you havent watched many celtic games since the trade have you?

I've watched plenty. I've also watched plenty of their games this season while they were decimating everyone with Perkins out all year. He's a key piece (especially for the Thunder), but he doesn't make or break them - especially if Shaq comes back for the playoffs healthy - which I have an odd feeling he will.

Bad things happen when teams sleep on Boston come May.

@ the other Bulls fan. I'm done responding to you. You're a child. I hear your opinion, moving on.

bovice163
03-27-2011, 12:18 AM
:shush:

sargon21
03-27-2011, 12:45 AM
The Bulls simply cannot be the favorites with their lack of experience. The Celtics should still be the favorites in the East regardless of what seed they get. The Bulls chances, do however, go up significantly if they end up getting the #1 seed. And obviously you can't forget the Lakers.

Bumping my logical post.

Doogolas
03-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Lol. This thing is ridiculous.

tredigs
03-27-2011, 12:56 AM
Bumping my logical post.

Hah good, I didn't see it. Exactly right. I said the same thing, just highlighted a more specific and - maybe too visceral for the sensitive type - example.

sargon21
03-27-2011, 01:09 AM
Hah good, I didn't see it. Exactly right. I said the same thing, just highlighted a more specific and - maybe too visceral for the sensitive type - example.

I thought that would settle it lol

ElMarroAfamado
03-27-2011, 01:11 AM
I like the Bulls..but I refuse to believe that a team that gives Keith Bogans, yes Keith Bogans, more than 10+ minutes a game is going to do anything significant.

sargon21
03-27-2011, 01:12 AM
I like the Bulls..but I refuse to believe that a team that gives Keith Bogans, yes Keith Bogans, more than 10+ minutes a game is going to do anything significant.

Didn't Bogans start on the Spurs for like a bunch of years? I might be wrong.

Cano4prez
03-27-2011, 01:15 AM
Didn't Bogans start on the Spurs for like a bunch of years? I might be wrong.

He started for them last year and that's it

PatsSoxKnicks
03-27-2011, 01:24 AM
I don't think there is a favorite in the East. I think there are 3 co-favorites, each with a shot at making the finals. The Bulls look to be better then both the Celts and Heat right now but I still question how their offense will do come playoff time. Outside of Rose (who could qualify as a chucker, I mean if people are going to call Melo a chucker, the same should be said about Rose, who has a similar eFG%/TS% and Usage Rate), there's not that much offensively on that team. Boozer's good but is he 2nd option material? I have my doubts. Out of those 3 teams in the East right now, I have more confidence in the Celts then the Bulls or Heat.

As for the West, the Lakers are still the favorites IMO. When they play hard, I still don't think there's a team in the West that can beat them. The Thunder would be an interesting matchup. The Mavs would be too if we didn't know already that they're likely to gag in the playoffs. I don't think the Spurs have the size to matchup with the Lakers.

Bullsfan22
03-27-2011, 01:24 AM

no offense but I can tell from your post your a tad sensitive yourself. I'm sure your waiting for us to fail just like a lot of posters are. If you let a group of fans influence your posts like this I feel sorry for you.

I dislike the heat fans but it doesn't stop my liking of lebron or make me wish he fails in the playoffs just so I can give it to heat fans.

Bullsfan22
03-27-2011, 01:34 AM
I don't think there is a favorite in the East. I think there are 3 co-favorites, each with a shot at making the finals. The Bulls look to be better then both the Celts and Heat right now but I still question how their offense will do come playoff time. Outside of Rose (who could qualify as a chucker, I mean if people are going to call Melo a chucker, the same should be said about Rose, who has a similar eFG%/TS% and Usage Rate), there's not that much offensively on that team. Boozer's good but is he 2nd option material? I have my doubts. Out of those 3 teams in the East right now, I have more confidence in the Celts then the Bulls or Heat.

As for the West, the Lakers are still the favorites IMO. When they play hard, I still don't think there's a team in the West that can beat them. The Thunder would be an interesting matchup. The Mavs would be too if we didn't know already that they're likely to gag in the playoffs. I don't think the Spurs have the size to matchup with the Lakers.

:confused:

evadatam5150
03-27-2011, 01:48 AM

Wow I never thought I'd see the day when Bulls fan and Miami fan actually teamed up in order to validate their arguments that their teams should be considered front runners regardless of record/experience and whatever other argument comes to mind.. You're in pretty bad shape when you need the help of homers from teams you were dissing mere months ago to validate your teams legitimacy... But Bravo...!!! Really... BRAVO...!!! :clap:

Ty Fast
03-27-2011, 02:02 AM
spurs or lakers

evadatam5150
03-27-2011, 02:11 AM
I've watched plenty. I've also watched plenty of their games this season while they were decimating everyone with Perkins out all year. He's a key piece (especially for the Thunder), but he doesn't make or break them - especially if Shaq comes back for the playoffs healthy - which I have an odd feeling he will.

Bad things happen when teams sleep on Boston come May.

@ the other Bulls fan. I'm done responding to you. You're a child. I hear your opinion, moving on.

This.. I hate Boston, let's just be clear about this now.. But what Digs say's is absolutely true.. As I recall everyone last season thought that Boston was done before the playoff's began because they went into the playoffs playing like dung.. What they did when they got into the playoffs was simply walk through everyone right into the Finals.. It's called experience.. Like it or not these guy's know how to win when it counts and have the experience and players to do this again.. To act as if Boston is fodder for Chicago to walk through come clutch time is just plain silly..

Proof is in the pudding though and not in an article written a month before the playoffs actually happen so I'm really not sure why the Bulls fans are getting so worked up.. It's not like the Bulls have proven themselves in the playoffs in years, you haven't won anything and you don't automatically earn respect for having a good season.. Cleveland had 2 great seasons and as I recall they promptly got bounced in the playoffs.. It is what it is.. Your team will get respect when it earns it on a bigger stage (and let's be honest here, the Bulls have gotten plenty of respect for what they've accomplished this season).. Deal with it and stop crying because not everyone agree's with a stupid over the top article..

tredigs
03-27-2011, 02:23 AM
no offense but I can tell from your post your a tad sensitive yourself. I'm sure your waiting for us to fail just like a lot of posters are. If you let a group of fans influence your posts like this I feel sorry for you.

I dislike the heat fans but it doesn't stop my liking of lebron or make me wish he fails in the playoffs just so I can give it to heat fans.

I like D. Rose a lot, and the Bulls also. And if their often overzealous fans in the NBA forum didn't exist, you'd be able to recognize that. Truth be told, my GS Warriors fans/friends in reality definitely do (they're annoyed by my Bulls "fandom"... seriously), but it doesn't mean I can't stand the over the top statements and won't do my part to help slap these clowns back to reality.

sargon21
03-27-2011, 02:35 AM
I like D. Rose a lot, and the Bulls also. And if their often overzealous fans in the NBA forum didn't exist, you'd be able to recognize that. Truth be told, my GS Warriors fans/friends in reality definitely do (they're annoyed by my Bulls "fandom"... seriously), but it doesn't mean I can't stand the over the top statements and won't do my part to help slap these clowns back to reality.

It's pretty much impossible to not like D Rose if you have ever heard him talk or do an interview.

He's like the anti-Lebron.

Master Mind
03-27-2011, 02:38 AM

How about the last two seasons...And yeah that's enough to be the favorites, again...

tredigs
03-27-2011, 02:52 AM
It's pretty much impossible to not like D Rose if you have ever heard him talk or do an interview.

He's like the anti-Lebron.

I agree, but some things to recognize...

He's young, hasn't had the chance to fail on a big stage (had some playoff exits, but never with any pressure on him until this year), and already has a better cast than Lebron did in his first 7 years in the league (arguably still does).

He's also still on the outside looking in towards the Wade/Kobe/Durant/Howard/Lebron's of the NBA. He hasn't done anything to earn REAL respect, and therefore hasn't done anything to warrant cockiness on a national stage, y'know?

Lebron was pretty humble and extremely likable in his first few years too... fame/glory can change a person. And that said, despite his wild arrogance, I think Lebron's handled it pretty well.

JordansBulls
03-27-2011, 01:16 PM
PTS/G: 98.5 (20th of 30) ▪ Opp PTS/G: 91.1 (2nd of 30)
SRS: 6.75 (2nd of 30) ▪ Pace: 90.3 (23rd of 30)
Off Rtg: 108.1 (12th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 100.0 (2nd of 30)
Expected W-L: 54-18 (1st of 30)

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-27-2011, 02:14 PM
I think everyone here is overvaluing experience. Not enough people are talking about coaching, which is much, much more valuable than experience. Who has the best coaches in the NBA? Lakers and Spurs in the west and Bulls by far in the East. The celtics could easily struggle in their second round matchup with the heat without thibs running their defense. Ask anyone in the NBA which is more valuable coaching or experience and anyone would tell you coaching.

theheatles
03-27-2011, 02:20 PM
I think everyone here is overvaluing experience. Not enough people are talking about coaching, which is much, much more valuable than experience. Who has the best coaches in the NBA? Lakers and Spurs in the west and Bulls by far in the East. The celtics could easily struggle in their second round matchup with the heat without thibs running their defense. Ask anyone in the NBA which is more valuable coaching or experience and anyone would tell you coaching.

thats very hard to argue considering 75% of the last 20 titles were won by 2 coaches

FadeAwayLikeMJ
03-27-2011, 02:43 PM
You have to credit alot of their success to thibby. I'd take him over Doc at this point.

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-27-2011, 03:19 PM
thats very hard to argue considering 75% of the last 20 titles were won by 2 coaches

My point exactly, coaching is much more valuable than experience. Thats why the heat have little chance this year, they don't like or trust their coach. That's why phil, popovich, thibs ( your coach of the year) are very valuable come playoff time. Much more important than the overrated experience.

theheatles
03-27-2011, 03:32 PM
My point exactly, coaching is much more valuable than experience. Thats why the heat have little chance this year, they don't like or trust their coach. That's why phil, popovich, thibs ( your coach of the year) are very valuable come playoff time. Much more important than the overrated experience.

woah, with coaching comes coaching experience as well, this is thibs 1st yr as a head coach so i wouldn't include him among phil and pop

Team*Chicago
03-27-2011, 04:06 PM

Has a fan of the Bulls I do agree, our offense do sucks a-- and it is awfully pathetic and it evolves heavily around Rose which I don't like but we're lucky he's unstoppable and he's capable of destroying the other team's defense even when it is set perfect to shut down Rose.

Bullsfan22
03-27-2011, 05:17 PM

honestly I can't really argue with your thinking. but while 99% of the negative things you say about rose has some truth to it's kind of annoying to for bulls fans to see negative things about their favorite player no matter the outcome/how well he did. Some of us that post in the NBA forum make an effort not to be total crazies when he does have a great game.

I know in my case me being 21 I wasn't old enough to understand what MJ did. So some of us have never seen great individual play/team basketball like say a lakers or celtics fans. Heck the "baby bulls" was the first 49 win team I've ever seen every game of, with some sort of respectable knowledge of the game of basketball. I'm not using any of this as an excuse but I bet lakers fans my age laugh there ***'s off when they see us being cocky over our team because they are use to good basketball.

I mean I can talk MJ up and spit out his numbers like I know him personally but the truth is his last championship I was under ten. For the most part (especially in our forum) were around my age so Derrick Rose is the best player we've seen on our favorite team with full comprehension of the game of basketball.

It's not an excuse but it is something to think about for the people (not you) that dislike Rose because of are fan base that can't harness their enthusiasm.

Redbull
03-27-2011, 05:44 PM
Even as a huge Bulls fan I don't even consider them the favorites, The Lakers are easily the favorites but after that the Bulls, Heat, Celtics and Spurs are pretty much interchangable for the 2-5 spots IMO.

Sadds The Gr8
03-27-2011, 05:45 PM

:laugh2:

+1

Bullsfan22
03-27-2011, 06:13 PM
:laugh2:

+1

lmao your honestly not good at doing it and that's putting it mildly.

Sadds The Gr8
03-27-2011, 06:18 PM
lmao your honestly not good at doing it and that's putting it mildly.

obviously you won't admit it (not that i give a ****), but check sig.

Bullsfan22
03-27-2011, 06:33 PM

oh umm nice.

Cubs Win
03-27-2011, 06:43 PM

Anyone can hand pick stats.

LeBron: 3.5 TO/game, 76.3% FT, 34.3% AST%, 146 Personal Fouls

Rose: 3.4 TO/game, 85.3% FT, 39.9% AST%, 116 Personal Fouls

Wow, so Rose must be better right?! ;)

If anything, your sig makes you look foolish.

*Just to be clear (since this is PSD), I am not saying Rose is better than LeBron, just showing Saddler The Gr8 how foolish he is.

Sadds The Gr8
03-27-2011, 07:10 PM

*Just to be clear (since this is PSD), I am not saying Rose is better than LeBron, just showing Saddler The Gr8 how foolish he is.

lol if you knew what the argument was about, then you'd have a point, but now you're just stupid trying to join a conversation that didn't involve you. the guy in my sig said Lebron is a poor shooter, and Rose is a better 3pt shooter than Lebron, so i used stats to prove him wrong. i didn't "handpick" anything. actually someone else posted the stats before me as well.

Baller1
03-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Favorites? No.

Legitimate title threat? Yes.

hineswardfan
03-27-2011, 07:34 PM
They're greaaaat

swirl54
03-27-2011, 07:56 PM
They're 5th behind LA, Miami, Boston and the Spurs.

How are the Bulls 5th behind the Heat we beat them three times already.

swirl54
03-27-2011, 08:00 PM
lol if you knew what the argument was about, then you'd have a point, but now you're just stupid trying to join a conversation that didn't involve you. the guy in my sig said Lebron is a poor shooter, and Rose is a better 3pt shooter than Lebron, so i used stats to prove him wrong. i didn't "handpick" anything. actually someone else posted the stats before me as well.

LeBron over Rose is still a joke to me to much me me me me with him he's all show. Reminds me of a rod. I'll take Rose every time especially in a clutch situation and to be the face of my team. Sig me all you want Rose has a killer instinct LeBron has a self given nickname that is all

swirl54
03-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Favorites? No.

Legitimate title threat? Yes.

100% agree with this

swirl54
03-27-2011, 08:04 PM

This lol

xxplayerxx23
03-28-2011, 08:24 AM
Rose is way moreVauleable to his team then Lebron. Without Lebron they still make the playoffs and win 48 to 53 games. Without rose the bulls dont make the playoffs and win about 30 to 35 games.