PDA

View Full Version : All Time Bust Team

DreamShake
03-24-2011, 05:48 AM
Don't know if this has been posted before but I thought it'd be fun to try and compile an all time nba draft bust team. I'll go ahead and start with the easy one.

Pg-

Sg-

Sf-

Pf-

C- Kwame Brown

6th-

kurivaimu
03-24-2011, 06:09 AM
Pg- Dajuan Wagner (although massive health problems, still...a bust)

Sg-

Sf- Adam Morrisson.

Pf-

C- Kwame Brown

heattiltheend94
03-24-2011, 06:37 AM
Gotta have Milicic in there

CityofChaos
03-24-2011, 07:09 AM
^^^There are worse players than Darko at his position

CityofChaos
03-24-2011, 07:09 AM
Pg- Jay Williams

Sg- Luke Jackson

Sf-Nikoloz Tskitishvili

PF- Joe Smith

C- Kwame Brown

BlinkManJan02
03-24-2011, 07:14 AM
QB- jamarcus russell

flclfanman
03-24-2011, 07:16 AM
PG- Marcus Banks
SG-Jumain Jones
SF-Rafael Arujo
PF-Simaki Walker
C- Micheal Olawakandi (Since Kwame Brown is actually producing in CHA this year)

6th man- Micheal Ruffin

flclfanman
03-24-2011, 07:17 AM
QB- jamarcus russell

:laugh: times infinity

benzni
03-24-2011, 08:00 AM
Terrence Williams

pentel1980
03-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Pg- Jay Williams

Sg- Luke Jackson

Sf-Nikoloz Tskitishvili

PF- Joe Smith

C- Kwame Brown

Not sure it is 'fair' to put Jay Williams into the equation. Had he underachieved in a longer tenure in the NBA, sure. But a 'bust' because his career was cut extremely short d/t a horrific injury? Eh...

Mile High Champ
03-24-2011, 11:14 AM
Pg- Jay Williams

Sg- Luke Jackson

Sf-Nikoloz Tskitishvili

PF- Joe Smith

C- Kwame Brown

Luke Jackson? He had no expectations when he was drafted and Joe Smith has had a solid NBA career. He was quite good in the 90's and is certainly not a bust.

DITKA4GOV
03-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Not sure it is 'fair' to put Jay Williams into the equation. Had he underachieved in a longer tenure in the NBA, sure. But a 'bust' because his career was cut extremely short d/t a horrific injury? Eh...

He hurt himself riding a sports bike. That doesn't count. Bust because he has to be one of the dumbest Duke grads to ever be drafted.
Is it to early to call oden a bust?

Heyyo1900
03-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Where is Sam Bowie? He got drafted ahead of Jordan and was out of the league like 4 years later.

KnicksorBust
03-24-2011, 11:27 AM
I feel like no player drafted outside of the top 10 or even top 5 should be on this list.

Mile High Champ
03-24-2011, 11:28 AM
I feel like no player drafted outside of the top 10 or even top 5 should be on this list.

Agreed.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Gotta have Milicic in there

yea Darko has actually had a pretty decent season this year. He definatey hasn't lived up to the 2nd overrall pick hype. but.. He's a decent player.

Klivlend
Where is Sam Bowie? He got drafted ahead of Jordan and was out of the league like 4 years later.

Bowie was in the league for 10 years...and is wasn't terrible.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bowiesa01.html

Mile High Champ

Bowie played for 10 seasons but he should probably get some consideration for this list.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-24-2011, 11:30 AM
PG-Kenny Anderson

allSUAVE
03-24-2011, 11:31 AM
PG - Marcus banks /marcus williams
Sg - Keith van horn / Adam Morrison
Sf - Tim Thomas ( wasted talent)
PF - kwane brown
C -rasho nesterovic

Iron24th
03-24-2011, 11:33 AM
PG - smush parker
SG - laron profit
SF - adam morrison
PF - slava medvedenko
C - kwame brown

all former Lakers lol

Hawkeye15
03-24-2011, 11:34 AM
While each and every Wolves gamethread is me bashing Darko left and right for not changing his god damn tampon, he is still a somewhat decent player

allSUAVE
03-24-2011, 11:37 AM
I thought Marcus Williams was going to be a star in this league!

THE GIPPER
03-24-2011, 11:42 AM
PG- Marcus Banks
SG-Jumain Jones
SF-Rafael Arujo
PF-Simaki Walker
C- Micheal Olawakandi (Since Kwame Brown is actually producing in CHA this year)

6th man- Micheal Ruffin

Araujo was a center not a sf but definately a bust

Mile High Champ
03-24-2011, 11:47 AM
While each and every Wolves gamethread is me bashing Darko left and right for not changing his god damn tampon, he is still a somewhat decent player

Yeah I would agree with this..

FinsSuperBowl
03-24-2011, 11:49 AM
C- Darko Millicic
PF- Kwame Brown
SF- Adam Morrison
SG-Luke Jackson
PG- Juan Dixon

Bravo95
03-24-2011, 11:50 AM
DaJuan Wagner, Marvin Williams, Adam Morrison, Marcus Fizer, Michael Olowokandi

THE GIPPER
03-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Yeah I would agree with this..

I think the main reason people think milicic is a but is because he was drafted ahead of melo, bosh and wade. Not necessarily because he sucks, because he doesn't.

nolin
03-24-2011, 11:52 AM
2004 Lakers..

pg. The Glove
sg.Kobe
sf.Fox
pf.Malone
C.Shaq

chaingangsoxfan
03-24-2011, 11:57 AM
That Michael Jordan fellow

FuriousJatt
03-24-2011, 12:03 PM
2004 Lakers..

pg. The Glove
sg.Kobe
sf.Fox
pf.Malone
C.Shaq

the best joke ive ever heard. :puke:

29$JerZ
03-24-2011, 12:16 PM
C - Kwame Brown/Michael Olawakandi
PF - Sheldon Williams/Stromile Swift/Nikoloz Tskitishvili
SF - Joe Alexander/Adam Morrison/Marcus Fizer
SG - Demarr Johnson/Jonathan Bender/
PG - Jay Williams/Antonio Daniels

DreamShaker
03-24-2011, 12:27 PM
At Center Michael Olowokandi

I was shocked to see he is currently about the same age as Duncan. He has been out of the league for YEARS. Number one overall draft choice. Had some decent seasons but he has done much less in his career than any of the other guys mentioned.

At power forward Stromile Swift

This guy gave me a migraine just to watch. Second overall pick in the draft and the lowest basketball IQ I have ever seen. One of those super athletes with no basketball skill. If you are a fan of watching people miss dunks and airball jumpers, or just find new and innovative ways to miss in general, Swift is the guy to watch. What's even worse is he was one of those "oh, if he just gets the right coach it's over!" type guys (Anthony Randolph currently holds that torch).

At Small Forward....Adam Morrison

Remember when this guy dominated college basketball? I'm sure his future children will because he sure won't be talking about his NBA career to them. Perhaps the least productive top 5 pick of my lifetime.

At shooting guard...Dennis Hopson

Who? Exactly. A guy drafted before Scottie Pippen and Reggie Miller, this guy was the 3rd overall pick in the 87 draft and lasted about 5 years in the NBA. Not many high profile shooting guards that were busts.

At point guard- Jason Williams.

I understand he got hurt, but he was expected to be what D-Rose currently is for the Bulls, and played like for one year.

Klivlend
03-24-2011, 12:42 PM

I think it is a bit of a stretch to call J. Bender a SG. I mean, he is a 7 footer.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jonathan_bender/

Sadds The Gr8
03-24-2011, 12:46 PM
PG: Jay Williams
SG: Dajuan Wagner
SF: Adam Morrison
PF: Darko Milicic
C: Kwame Brown

29$JerZ
03-24-2011, 12:47 PM
I think it is a bit of a stretch to call J. Bender a SG. I mean, he is a 7 footer.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jonathan_bender/

When he was drafted he was listed as a SG
If you've seen him play as well you know he is a wing player despite being a 7 footer.

SG/SF is pretty much the same thing :shrug:

nycericanguy
03-24-2011, 12:48 PM

he's had a career year, but for the #2 pick that was chosen ahead of Melo, Wade & Bosh, a career year shouldn't be 8 & 5 on a lottery team...no offense.

You'd be hard pressed to find a center in recent memory chosen that high that did worse, so he makes my all bust team.

nycericanguy
03-24-2011, 12:49 PM
PG - Acie Law
SG - Gerald Green - drafted out of HS was compared to Kobe by many.
SF - Morrison
PF - Brown
C - Milicic

sixth man - Shelden Williams, ATL's #5 pick :facepalm:

theheatles
03-24-2011, 12:50 PM

^ my thoughts exactly

rhino17
03-24-2011, 01:06 PM
PG: Shaun Livingston
SG: Adam Morrison
SF: Nikoloz Tskitishvili/Tyrus Thomas
PF: Darko Milicic/Marcus Fizer/Robert Trailer
C: Michael Olowokandi/Eddie Griffin/Stromile Swift

Tarheels23
03-24-2011, 01:12 PM
pg- Sebastian Telfair
sg- Dennis Hopson
sf- Ed Obannon
pf- Marcus Fizer / Stromile Swift
c- Olowakandi / Shawn Bradley

My edit - Adam Morrison is definitely a bigger bust than Obannon

Revolu7i9n
03-24-2011, 01:20 PM
...who thought morrison would be good...? nobody

Hellcrooner
03-24-2011, 01:24 PM
C : Rusty Larue

Pf : Mel Turpin

Sf: Kenny "Sky" Walker.

SG: Adam Morrison

Pg: Lancaster Gordon

All of them top 10

All of them out of the league in No time.

Go check wich kind of players were picked after them.

timz-a-changin
03-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Is it too early to call Hasheem Thabeet and Greg Oden busts.... at least Kwame Brown plays...

Mishmin
03-24-2011, 01:39 PM

Some good ones here. It's funny I saw a d-league game last week, and on the Texas legend was both Joe Alexander and Antonio Daniels. Joe sure didn't look like a #8 pick. Daniels handled himself though. I'd still have to put Adam Morrison as a starting bust though. Man he just fits that cast of everything a bust should be.

nolin
03-24-2011, 01:41 PM
the best joke ive ever heard. :puke:

wasnt a joke. they have to be the biggest bust team. as for bust players i would say

pg.Jay williams
sg.gerald Green
sf. Ed O 'Bannon
pf.Stromile Stiff
C. Bargani

mttwlsn16
03-24-2011, 01:58 PM
QB- jamarcus russell

he still has potential to be a good tackle/guard :laugh:

but to the thread- michael olowakandi belongs as well

geraptor
03-24-2011, 02:08 PM
wasnt a joke. they have to be the biggest bust team. as for bust players i would say

pg.Jay williams
sg.gerald Green
sf. Ed O 'Bannon
pf.Stromile Stiff
C. Bargani

bargani ? really?

nolin
03-24-2011, 02:10 PM
bargani ? really?

yes this is biggest bust i would put him and oden together

geraptor
03-24-2011, 02:12 PM
yes this is biggest bust i would put him and oden together

worse than kwame? or milicic? olowokandi?

Akuhpelluh
03-24-2011, 02:25 PM
pg - Shaun Livingston
sg - Len Bias
sf - Adam Morrison/Joe Alexander
pf - Stromile Swift/Yi Jianlian
c - Shawn Bradley/Michael Olowokandi

Spencesc11
03-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Point Guard - Mateen Cleaves - after such a decorated college career he wasn't even able to keep a backup job in the league or beat out Chucky Atkins in Detroit.

Shooting Guard - Rashad McCants - looked like the next Vince Carter at UNC but nothing but a bust at the pro level.

Small Forward -Adam Morrison - #3 pick to the Bobcats (they passed on Brandon Roy and Rudy Gay???)

Power Forward - Kwame Brown - #1 pick in a weak draft but the undoing of
Michael Jordan's gm days in Washington.

Center - Michael Olowokandi - #1 pick over Mike Bibby, Vince Carter, Antwan Jamison, Paul Pierce, and Dirk Nowitzki

FuriousJatt
03-24-2011, 02:50 PM
what about smush parker, does he count?

theheatles
03-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Bargnani is in no way a bust...He avgs 22 ppg this yr...he shouldn't have went #1 overall but that draft class was pretty weak

...to be a bust u have to not live up to expectations

pentel1980
03-24-2011, 03:17 PM
I don't have an all time team, but some of the probably lesser known and talked about big men on this board have to include:

C: Kent Benson
Build him up...:
As a 6'10" man in the middle for the University of Indiana, scored 1,740 points (15.3 average), grabbed 1,031 rebounds (9.1 average), made 1,346 field goals, and shot a career 53.6 FG%. Benson was a 3-time All-American and THE center piece to the last undefeated men's college basketball team (1976) in history.

Tear him down...
Drafted #1 overall in the 1977, ahead of solid career players as: Otis Birdsong (#2), Marques Johnson (#3), Walter Davis (#5), Bernand King (#7), Jack Sikma (#8) and Ray Williams (#10)...played 11 seasons w/career numbers of: 9.1PPG/5.7RPG.

C: Chris Washburn
Build him up...:
A 6'11" force who, in 1984, was one of the top 3 high school recruits in the country. In one full season of collegiate ball, he showed his potential NBA star power, shooting 66.5% from the floor and averaged 17.6PPG/6.7RPG.

Tear him down...
Drafted #3 overall in the 1986 NBA draft, ahead of solid career players Chuck Person (#4), Ron Harper (#8), Walter Berry (#14), Dell Curry (#15) and Mark Price (#25). Washburn abused both prescription medications and cocaine, played only 72 NBA games, and was out of the league in 1988.

PF: Danny Ferry
Build him up...:
The #1 high school player in 1985 and Parade Magazine's "Prep Player of the Year," and made the NCAA Final Four three times w/Duke. At the time, set numerous Duke basketball records and won several national player of the year awards his senior year. Ferry is also ranked in the Top 50 ACC players of all time.

Tear him down...
Drafted #2 overall in the 1989 draft ahead of Sean Elliot (#3), Glen Rice (#4) and Tim Hardaway (#14), Ferry played 13 unspectacular years for the Cavs and Kings, averaging only 7.0PPG/2.8RPG/1.3APG.

PF: Jonathan Bender
Build Him Up...
One of the most hyped high school prep players in modern history for his size, athleticism and overall skills, Bender has the disctinction of being the first-ever high school draftee to score in double figures (had 10 pts) in his NBA debut.

Tear Him Down
Persistent knee problems limited his effectiveness, and never earned his 4 year/$28.5M contract he signed w/Indiana, which led to him being waived in 2006. Fun fact: Sports Illustrated rated #11 on the Top 20 Biggest Busts in NBA history.

FuriousJatt
03-24-2011, 03:30 PM

pg.Jay williams
sg.gerald Green
sf. Ed O 'Bannon
pf.Stromile Stiff
C. Bargani

why are they the biggest bust team? they made it to the finals.

lakeshow3peat
03-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Adam morrison has two rings tho lol

so lebron has to be the guy for me

buch88
03-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Pg- Dajuan Wagner (although massive health problems, still...a bust)

Sg-

Sf- Adam Morrisson.

Pf-

C- Kwame Brown

No, he's not still a bust because he's had massive health problems. That's misfortune. It has nothing to do with him failing to live up to expectations like other busts. He wasn't a lazy bum like Jamarcus Russell. He didn't just suck like Kwame. He had massive health problems so why should he be in the same category as those other jokes? And you admitted that Wagner had health issues, but yet u still mentioned Morrison. Morrison tore his ACL early in his career. It's hard to find many players that are able to bounce back after a devastating injury like that.

buch88
03-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Pervis Ellison was the #1 pick

buch88
03-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Can't say Danny Manning is a bust since a torn ACL messed his career up.

MalZee24
03-24-2011, 07:16 PM

Is it just me, or is it ALWAYS a laker fan that's criticizing lebron on here? And I don't mean criticizing him by saying he's cocky or he's arrogant. I'm talking about they say the most ******** things dissing lebron like this. Look at your username dude. You're obviously a laker fan so stop posting stupid lebron comments because you're bitter that he's been stealing all of kobe's thunder. This is comical. Just accept the fact that lebron is better and move on. Lebron's a bust because he doesn't have a ring? I know you're joking, but the point is youre still taking a shot at lebron and youre a laker fan. It's always laker fans on here.... just stop. (I'm not a heat fan either, just tired of it being always laker fans posting dumb crap about lebron.)

buch88
03-24-2011, 07:16 PM

once again, a laker fan steps foward to make all laker fans look like biased idiots. laker fans should be banned from mentioning lebron's name because they always have something dumb to say because they're in denial that he's better than kobe. I dont give a damn about lebron or kobe, but i don't let my bias make me post idiotic statements. I mean hell, this guy's username is lakeshow3peat.... pretty obvious he's a laker fan. And then takes a shot at lebron. just stop already... it's always a pathetic laker fan. i feel bad for the classy laker fans on here, but it doesnt seem like there are many. It's getting old kids.

mrblisterdundee
03-24-2011, 09:19 PM
Terrence Williams

Don't hate on P-Town.

Hellcrooner
03-24-2011, 10:38 PM
people does nto care to look at history.

kwame ha sno place in an alltime bust list.

its been 10 year and he still IS in the league.

Rusty larue was out of the league in 4 years, and he was the first piclk too on a draft that had Julius Erving!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hellbound
03-25-2011, 12:07 AM
Going with an all 90's team....there were so many more & how the hell can anyone forget Stinka(Yinka) Dare!

pg- Bobby Hurley/Khalid Reeves

sg- Harold Miner/Bo Kimble

sf- Billy Owens/Ed O'bannon

pf- Samaki Walker/Tony Battie/Robert Traylor

c- Shawn Bradley/Eric Montross/Yinka Dare

lakeshow3peat
03-25-2011, 12:23 AM
Is it just me, or is it ALWAYS a laker fan that's criticizing lebron on here? And I don't mean criticizing him by saying he's cocky or he's arrogant. I'm talking about they say the most ******** things dissing lebron like this. Look at your username dude. You're obviously a laker fan so stop posting stupid lebron comments because you're bitter that he's been stealing all of kobe's thunder. This is comical. Just accept the fact that lebron is better and move on. Lebron's a bust because he doesn't have a ring? I know you're joking, but the point is youre still taking a shot at lebron and youre a laker fan. It's always laker fans on here.... just stop. (I'm not a heat fan either, just tired of it being always laker fans posting dumb crap about lebron.)

It was a joke so relax and as for lebron being the best lets put aside me as a lakers fan thats not the reason at all . I think many more players are better than lebron . I am aware the NBA is not just Kobe . I am tired of anti laker haters hating on us when we support our team and give our opinions some are dumb i agree but shut your mouth and stop complaining .

lakeshow3peat
03-25-2011, 12:27 AM
once again, a laker fan steps foward to make all laker fans look like biased idiots. laker fans should be banned from mentioning lebron's name because they always have something dumb to say because they're in denial that he's better than kobe. I dont give a damn about lebron or kobe, but i don't let my bias make me post idiotic statements. I mean hell, this guy's username is lakeshow3peat.... pretty obvious he's a laker fan. And then takes a shot at lebron. just stop already... it's always a pathetic laker fan. i feel bad for the classy laker fans on here, but it doesnt seem like there are many. It's getting old kids.

Dont get me wrong bro and i am a classy laker fan . Lebron can have all the spotlight he needs to make every fan of his be fans . I take pride in watching kobe and admiring his game . I guarantee you if lebron was like built like an average player in the nba and putting up the same numbers we wouldnt be talking bout him that much. I am a fan of the game and will give the respect to all players .

whitemamba33
03-25-2011, 12:43 AM
People here don't seem to know what "bust" means. It doesn't matter if a guy is finally contributing something or if a guy is STILL in the league...it's about not living up to expectations and not being deserving of their draft position.

Darko is definitly a bust. Is he the worst at his position all time? No. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that he's never lived up to being the number 2 pick..let alone being ahead of wade, bosh, and carmelo. So...he's a bust.

Hellcrooner
03-25-2011, 01:03 AM
People here don't seem to know what "bust" means. It doesn't matter if a guy is finally contributing something or if a guy is STILL in the league...it's about not living up to expectations and not being deserving of their draft position.

Darko is definitly a bust. Is he the worst at his position all time? No. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that he's never lived up to being the number 2 pick..let alone being ahead of wade, bosh, and carmelo. So...he's a bust.

Thaths when you compare his career to for example Mel turpins ( just google it) and thats when Darko dissapears of the all time worse bust starting line up.

Is darko a bust? yep.
Its a worse bust than Turpin? NO.
Really the only player in this last decade that has a very very very strong case to enter the Starting Bust team ever is Morrison.
FOr the rest of positions there are far worse examples in the past.

hyb152
03-25-2011, 01:11 AM
Thaths when you compare his career to for example Mel turpins ( just google it) and thats when Darko dissapears of the all time worse bust starting line up.

Is darko a bust? yep.
Its a worse bust than Turpin? NO.
Really the only player in this last decade that has a very very very strong case to enter the Starting Bust team ever is Morrison.
FOr the rest of positions there are far worse examples in the past.

I agree with u that there should hardly be any players in the past decade on the list, but i gotta disagree with you on morrison too. He tore his ACL in his rookie season i think. It was either his rookie year or 2nd year. I'm leaning towards rookie season. So he's nervous, hasnt found his place in the NBA since his career just started, barely got a few games under his belt, has yet to find his confidence or have a breakout game, and then he suffers a torn ACL. I'm sorry but that's a devastating blow. Then when he comes back from injury, he's slower and unconfident. Not to mention he was playing on a terrible bobcats team. U wanna call morrison a bust in 20 years, fine. But I wouldn't put him on the all time bust either. I agree with you on a lot though like Kwame. Still contributing and is not that bad of a backup big man. He comes in, plays D and rebounds. But that's still no #1 pick. Blame michael jordan for that, not kwame.

Chi StateOfMind
03-25-2011, 01:47 AM
Agreed.

sorry that madness ended tonite but he did beast tho

Gators123
03-25-2011, 01:59 AM

:pity:

el_primo_nano
03-25-2011, 10:33 AM
Kwame
Greg Oden
Adam Morrison
Olawakandi
Bowie

forget positions, these guys are a class of their own

frankcorrea
03-25-2011, 03:01 PM
C-Greg Oden and all his hype!:cry:

Sportfan
03-25-2011, 04:46 PM

pg.Jay williams
sg.gerald Green
sf. Ed O 'Bannon
pf.Stromile Stiff
C. Bargani

:laugh:

knightstemplar
03-25-2011, 07:42 PM
k. brown
k. brown
k. brown
k. brown
k. brown

lakeshow3peat
03-25-2011, 08:25 PM
:pity:

it was a joke

BlinkManJan02
04-02-2011, 03:04 AM
:laugh: times infinity

haha. such a bust he carries over to other sports.