PDA

View Full Version : Would Adleman Help Miami?

JasonJohnHorn
03-23-2011, 09:37 PM
despite the fact that Adleman has helped the Rockets overachieve each season since he has arrived, the Rockets seem to be lukewarm on him at best, as reported on NBA.com:

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/fran_blinebury/03/23/rick-adelman-houston-rockets/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

When Adleman had talented rosters, like in Portland, and Sac-town, he always did well, and even with roster depleted by injury and talent, he has still kept a Rockets team, that should very well be a cellar dweller, posting a .500+ record, and viving for the 8th play-off spot in the VERY competative west, and EXTREMEMLY competative Southwest Division (every team is over .500).

So, considering how well he has done with a virtually talentless team (yes, there are some good players on the roster, but lets face, they honestly dont any more talent than Minny, Cleveland or NJ).

How many think that he would be able to push Miami into a legit contender than can actually beat .500 teams more often than they lose to them, and maximize the talent they have? I personally would love to see Adleman get a ring, and I think, rather than Riley, that Adleman may be the answer to Spo's inexerpience and luke warm progress Miami has seen.

Thoughts?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-23-2011, 09:39 PM
He could probably help them.

Flash3
03-23-2011, 09:52 PM
definitely he's a no nonsense coach and thats what we need.

John Walls Era
03-23-2011, 09:59 PM
You mean "Could he"? He could but he won't.

koetravis
03-23-2011, 10:03 PM
bullcrap! rockets have way more talent than any of them crappy teams. but yes,he could help the heat a lot!

Chronz
03-23-2011, 11:26 PM
I fail to see how Adelman is getting any more out of the Rockets than their talent base. If he is its not by much, maybe your just underrating their talent level.

As for the Q, do you think Miami has the players to run the Princeton offense? If not they will be ****ed because hes pretty much incapable of adapting

Carey
03-23-2011, 11:33 PM
He could help them immensely offensively

mania03
03-24-2011, 12:09 AM
For sure hes the real deal for the Heat right now. Not that many options out there and Adleman is an experience coached. He knows right off the bat whats a good lineup, rotation etc. Something SPO lacks cause hes always experiencing with his lineups.

My other thought is that this group of talent could be really difficult to coach no matter who it is :S. Like they were so use to being the man on their previous respective teams that they find it real difficult to distribute the ball here. Like many games they would just run so many ISO plays down the stretch. They re real confused from what I see and maybe Adleman could be an option.

We'll never know Riley loves SPO so he aint going anywhere thats for sure.

bulls_world23
03-24-2011, 12:12 AM
Almost every coach in the nba is better than spo

DreamShake
03-24-2011, 12:13 AM
I think your really under valuing the talent on the rockets, to compare their roster to the cavs is horrible. Their talent level is probably closer to the grizzlies, but yea he wouldn't make much difference with all those egomaniacs.

Bulls_fan90
03-24-2011, 02:58 AM
Vinny Del Negro could help Miami.

Steelers23_06
03-24-2011, 03:19 AM
nobody is coaching the heat besides spo or riley end of discussion.

Steelers23_06
03-24-2011, 03:21 AM
and for the record don nelson would be a better coach for miami then adleman.

bringinwood
03-24-2011, 03:26 AM
If I were Riley looking for a head coach, i'd go in another direction...

Jeff Van Gundy ??? I think he'd be able to set this crew straight... He's pretty no nonsense...

Patrick Ewing ??? I think he'd make a fantastic coach in the NBA...

Pitino or coach K ??? Both would jump at the opportunity to coach the most talented team in the NBA...

Someone said something about the princeton offense... No chance they run it efficiently... That's Adelman's bread and butter and he won't change it...

astrosmaniac
03-24-2011, 08:15 AM
no way coach K leaves college. if he wanted to, hes had plenty of opportunities to jump and still hasnt. he loves college

SteBO
03-24-2011, 09:55 AM
I wouldn't be opposed to Rick as Heat coach. He's definitely been deep in the playoffs before with different teams, but if so, I think the issue would be LeBron buying what he would be selling regarding his offensive system. If he were to buy it, then great. If not, then it doesn't really matter who the coach is.

sep11ie
03-24-2011, 10:48 AM
I fail to see how Adelman is getting any more out of the Rockets than their talent base. If he is its not by much, maybe your just underrating their talent level.

As for the Q, do you think Miami has the players to run the Princeton offense? If not they will be ****ed because hes pretty much incapable of adapting

This.

He could help them immensely offensively

Not this.

How do you help that team immensely on offense? last time I checked they had 3 dudes that DEMAND the ball and need it in their hands to be worth anything. Adleman's system needs good shooters, he lives and dies by the 3, which the heat don't have.

shizzle09
03-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Vinny Del Negro could help Miami.

help us get the #8 seed maybe