PDA

View Full Version : Do People Really Think Kobe Couldn't Still Lead the League in Scoring if He Had To?

Tony_Starks
03-23-2011, 05:27 PM
It kinda amazes me when I see comments like "he's slow" or "he can't do it anymore" and granted he has lost some explosiveness but we do all know the difference between not being able to put up big numbers and not having to right? When he got Gasol, Fish, and everyone else started stepping up he didn't have to do that anymore. When he had to strictly score his numbers were insane.

He has aged but with his work ethic and training regimend he's in waaaay better shape than most players when they get to his age. What he's lost in explosion he's gained in learning how to get to the line. Hell he's 6th in the league in scoring now and he's playing the least minutes he's played in over 10 years!!

Cano4prez
03-23-2011, 05:30 PM
LeBron is a better scorer and so is Durant.

Tony_Starks
03-23-2011, 05:32 PM

Thats not the question.

Fnom11
03-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Almost any NBA player can lead the league in scoring. Can they do it while being efficient and winning is another question.

Lakers + Giants
03-23-2011, 05:39 PM
He could average 30 pts per game if he wanted to, this year that's enough to lead the league, so yea.

GoatMilk
03-23-2011, 05:41 PM
lakers would be 4th in the west if he did

gsgs49
03-23-2011, 05:42 PM
Almost any NBA player can lead the league in scoring. Can they do it while being efficient and winning is another question.

This,Monta Ellis can lead the leaugue in scoring if he takes two or three more shots per game.

DoubleDragon
03-23-2011, 05:47 PM

If KB wanted to.
No question.

He's warmed in his role as facilitator.
He's got other scorers.
LBJ and Durant are great scorers, yes.
But was that the question?
Kobe's top 5 right now and he's playing less minutes, putting up fewer shots,
and only 1.9% off his career avg shooting percentage, etc.

I like the mature Kobe much better.
Give me the facilitator any day.

BcEuAbRsS
03-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Calm down bud... Kobe is still a great player... just no longer the best...

Tony_Starks
03-23-2011, 05:51 PM
This,Monta Ellis can lead the leaugue in scoring if he takes two or three more shots per game.

Kobe is scoring more than Monta now and playing less minutes and taking slightly less shots. AND Monta is having the second best year of his life.

I see the point your making but I guess the point Im making is how easy it would be for Kobe to lead the league in scoring as compared to his peers. The people he's compared to are trying their damndest to score as much as they can every night meanwhile there's plenty of nights where Kobe just cruises with maybe 17 or 18 points....

Tony_Starks
03-23-2011, 05:54 PM
If KB wanted to.
No question.

He's warmed in his role as facilitator.
He's got other scorers.
LBJ and Durant are great scorers, yes.
But was that the question?
Kobe's top 5 right now and he's playing less minutes, putting up fewer shots,
and only 1.9% off his career avg shooting percentage, etc.

I like the mature Kobe much better.
Give me the facilitator any day.

I agree 100%. I don't want the old Kobe back, I like how he can set the table yet still have the option of reverting back for stretches of a game if need be.

godolphins
03-23-2011, 05:55 PM
I guess we'll never know

WeBallin
03-23-2011, 05:56 PM
KB24 Never had to carry the team, he choose to carry the team, do i think he can lead the league in scorin??Yes if he wants to go back to that ultimate selfish style of play, that didn't win him ship.....

thekmp211
03-23-2011, 05:59 PM
lol im not sure why fish was the other guy you mentioned by name, but i get the idea.

yes, i think if kobe was on one of his 2005-ish teams he could still put up around 30 ppg. not sure if his body could handle the pounding but he could most obviously get it done. whether or not it would be a productive use of his talents for the team is another question.

as has been mentioned, a lot of guys probably "could" do it if they wanted to/had to. but, i agree that kobe's drop-off is overstated at worst, and nonexistent at best.

edit - i should clarify that by saying on the offensive side of the ball. age/injuries have taken their toll on kobe's defense.

Klivlend
03-23-2011, 06:00 PM
You think if Kobe was committed to trying to lead the league in scoring he would be able to play 70+ games and be ready for the playoffs? I'm not so sure. I think those 17, 18 point games he 'facilitates' and 'cruises' through are needed to maintain his health. I mean, there isn't much point in playing extra minutes, risking injury and fatigue just to win the scoring title. And I get that is your point. But still, I'm not convinced Kobe could do it. Hell ya he could win more Western conference player of the month awards for some outstanding scoring performances. But I think those would most likely come in the first half of the season.

Minimal
03-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Brian Scalabrine can lead league in scoring if he wants too

gotoHcarolina52
03-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Kobe could lead the league in scoring, rebounds, blocks, steals, etc if he wanted to. Kobe Bryant could be better than Jordan if he wanted to. Kobe just lacks motivation . . . that's why he was shooting jumpers for 2hrs after going 8-21 against Miami. Yeah, right. Kobe is one of the most--if not the most--motivated players in the game. He fails to lead the league in scoring not for a lack of desire, but for a lack of ability. All you Kobe slurpers need to wake up.

Tony_Starks
03-23-2011, 06:06 PM
Kobe could lead the league in scoring, rebounds, blocks, steals, etc if he wanted to. Kobe Bryant could be better than Jordan if he wanted to. Kobe just lacks motivation . . . that's why he was shooting jumpers for 2hrs after going 8-21 against Miami. Yeah, right. Kobe is one of the most--if not the most--motivated players in the game. He fails to lead the league in scoring not for a lack of desire, but for a lack of ability. All you Kobe slurpers need to wake up.

Ok. And Im sure the fact that he's playing within a offense and winning championships has nothing to do with it right?

kblo247
03-23-2011, 06:06 PM
He'll lead them in scoring, come the playoffs which is what matters since that means wins and hopefully a last ring for Phil

TO to the CHI
03-23-2011, 06:07 PM

I think you completely missed the point of this thread.

Not surprising based on your posts in other threads, but still.

thekmp211
03-23-2011, 06:20 PM

so why aren't your heat players leading the league in scoring? ability?

the actual reason these guys can't lead the league in scoring is...kevin durant.

but cmon. you're missing the point. he doesn't have to score like that to win, which is the point of the game. if kobe was playing with smush parker and kwame brown, he could still do it.

LTS
03-23-2011, 06:24 PM
No he could not lead the league in scoring as long as Lebron, dwade & durant our in league now days seems like LBJ will have more overall stats while durant will probably be lead scorer

LTS
03-23-2011, 06:27 PM
so why aren't your heat players leading the league in scoring? ability?

the actual reason these guys can't lead the league in scoring is...kevin durant.

but cmon. you're missing the point. he doesn't have to score like that to win, which is the point of the game. if kobe was playing with smush parker and kwame brown, he could still do it.

doubtful he making shots still but he doesnt have the ability to put up high points like his 81 season on a regular basis in samll showing yes nightly basis even if he got fed like before all day no LBJ on cavs or durant know would still be winning the race wade and lbj split so your miami argument was stupid

bringinwood
03-23-2011, 06:30 PM
It doesn't matter if you lead the league in scoring ( probably the most overrated statistical measure there is in basketball)...

What matters is how efficient you are on the offensive end...

Kobe isn't the most efficient, not by a longshot...

He's a great facilitator... However, he's not the best at any facet of his game anymore...

CHANGO
03-23-2011, 06:31 PM
The questions would be:

Could he be efficient while doing it?
Would be the best option for his team?
How many shots would have to take?

Avenged
03-23-2011, 06:38 PM
He can but his efficiency would drop.

Avenged
03-23-2011, 06:40 PM

Spot on.

Although I beg to differ that not any NBA player can do it. There's some players with limited offensive game that if they put up 50 shots per game, I do not think they would lead the league in scoring.

footballer2369
03-23-2011, 06:46 PM
Ok. And Im sure the fact that he's playing within a offense and winning championships has nothing to do with it right?

I hope you're not suffering under the delusion that Kobe plays within an offense more than other superstar scorers in this league. Is this not the same guy that gets critisized for continually trying to take over and taking his teammates out of the game?

My point is, Kobe could lead the league in scoring if he REALLY wanted to and KD, Lebron, Melo didn't care. If, for example, Lebron and Kobe both REALLY wanted the scoring title, it's hard to imagine Kobe being able to keep up at this point in his career.

Topballs
03-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Kobe has publicly said that he could score 30+ points a night if he wanted to, but he doesnt have to anymore. Lakers in fact have the most wins with kobe taking 20 shots or less a game. Generally when he goes over that, and takes too much of a burden on his back, Lakers have less of a chance to win. Could he lead the league in scoring if he wanted to? That should be obvious considering he is less than 3 points away from the leading ppg in the league, while averaging the 3rd least minutes of his entire career. And lets not forget the injuries he is playing with, on top of having surgery this off season. People for some reason dont like to take that into consideration.

Wilson
03-23-2011, 07:03 PM
lol im not sure why fish was the other guy you mentioned by name, but i get the idea.

Fisher was just as responsible for Kobe taking less shots than Andrew and Pau in 2008. A lot of the talk in Lakerland was about the trust between Kobe and Fisher, and Fish shot .406 on threes that year, the second highest of his career.

As for Kobe leading the league, I think he'd have a shot at it if he wanted it but at this point in time it would come at the expense of team success (which was not the case in 2006-'07). It wouldn't be easy though, and he might still lose out to Kevin Durant or LeBron James (if he, too, decided to abandon team success for the scoring title).

ChiTownPacerFan
03-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Thats not the question.

No, it's the answer. If everyone in the league was simply trying to score as many points as possible, (which I assume is the hypothetical proposed by the OP) he would be outscored by Durant and James.

Purple&Gold24
03-23-2011, 07:18 PM

:punish pay attention and read.

Purple&Gold24
03-23-2011, 07:22 PM
No, it's the answer. If everyone in the league was simply trying to score as many points as possible, (which I assume is the hypothetical proposed by the OP) he would be outscored by Durant and James.

how that the answer?

This guy obviously doesnt watch Kobes game.
Kobe is banged up right now and can still outscore
James and Durant. and I like them both but Kobe
just wouldnt let it happen. 81? anybody?

ChiTownPacerFan
03-23-2011, 07:22 PM
:punish pay attention and read.

How else do you answer the question? Is the question "if Kobe is trying to score, and everyone else is playing normal"? Well yeah of course he would lead the league in scoring. That means nothing. The same thing could be said of like 25 guys. I assume he is asking who is Kobe still the best scorer.

Tony_Starks
03-23-2011, 07:43 PM
The "lots of players could" argument is really not valid. Its not the easiest thing in the world to consistently put up numbers when teams are literally preparing to try to stop or limit you every night. You think guys on losing teams like Monta Ellis or Danny Grainger wouldn't put up more points if they could? They're doing the best they can its not like they're somehow scaling back the points for the good of the team.

But to answer the Lebron and KD comparisons last time Kobe led the league he put up 35 points a game (w/ 4 assist I might add) and neither one of those guys in their scoring peaks has done that. And that was what he had to do at the time playing with horrendous Kwame and the since banished from the league Smush.

jneises21
03-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Kobe has publicly said that he could score 30+ points a night if he wanted to, but he doesnt have to anymore. Lakers in fact have the most wins with kobe taking 20 shots or less a game. Generally when he goes over that, and takes too much of a burden on his back, Lakers have less of a chance to win. Could he lead the league in scoring if he wanted to? That should be obvious considering he is less than 3 points away from the leading ppg in the league, while averaging the 3rd least minutes of his entire career. And lets not forget the injuries he is playing with, on top of having surgery this off season. People for some reason dont like to take that into consideration.

So has Lebron....

Kobe could still be the leading scorer, but that same theory works for about every superstar on each team

footballer2369
03-23-2011, 07:54 PM
The "lots of players could" argument is really not valid. Its not the easiest thing in the world to consistently put up numbers when teams are literally preparing to try to stop or limit you every night. You think guys on losing teams like Monta Ellis or Danny Grainger wouldn't put up more points if they could? They're doing the best they can its not like they're somehow scaling back the points for the good of the team.

But to answer the Lebron and KD comparisons last time Kobe led the league he put up 35 points a game (w/ 4 assist I might add) and neither one of those guys in their scoring peaks has done that. And that was what he had to do at the time playing with horrendous Kwame and the since banished from the league Smush.

Kobe put up 35.4 points on over 27 shots a game.

Lebron put up 28.4 points on less than 20 shots a game and 31.4 on 23 shots a game.

If Lebron wanted to be stoop his efficiency to Kobe's level he could have outscored him in his prime and this is even more true today.

Vidball
03-23-2011, 07:58 PM
The answer is yes. I'm glad he doesn't though. Kobe doesn't care about that - all he cares about is getting his ring collection up to half a dozen.

blams
03-23-2011, 08:15 PM
No, he couldn't. LeBron is better...Durant's a better scorer, no chance.

ChiSox219
03-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Kobe still shoots the ball more often than any other player in the league so it's not that he's stopped chucking, he's just playing fewer minutes.

He is leading the league in scoring if you adjust for minutes and pace but he's also taking far more shots than anyone in the league.

AIRMAR72
03-23-2011, 08:23 PM
i agree with you all da way and THANKS FOR SHARING your honest opinion futhermore if kobe could HE WOULD trust me... todays youngsters outta controll with their kobe wishes

heathonater
03-23-2011, 08:40 PM
kobe could lead the league in scoring, but it would be detrimental to his team since he would take away touches from gasol, bynum, and other lakers. the lakers are a much better team when kobe plays within the offense and doesnt shoot 40 times a game.

Jayb587
03-23-2011, 08:40 PM
ive watched kobe his whole career and he could lead the league in scoring if he wanted to but im happier with him leading the league in championships hahahaha

Jewelz0376
03-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Yea I think he could...

Kobe is taking the fewest shots per game since the shaq days...and his mins are down too...

Kobe leads the league in pts per 48 min...so I think he could...although his efficiency probably wouldn't be as high as when he lead the league the previous times, because he can't get to the cup like he used to be...

Vidball
03-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Kobe still shoots the ball more often than any other player in the league so it's not that he's stopped chucking, he's just playing fewer minutes.

He is leading the league in scoring if you adjust for minutes and pace but he's also taking far more shots than anyone in the league.

Durant, Rose, and Ellis all have more FGA per game than Kobe.

E.O.21
03-23-2011, 08:54 PM
No he would not lead the league in scoring if he had to

ChiSox219
03-23-2011, 09:35 PM
Durant, Rose, and Ellis all have more FGA per game than Kobe.

As I said in my post, Kobe shoots more often than anyone else. The guys you listed all play more minutes and/or at a higher pace. I was clear and said "when you adjust for pace and minutes, Kobe shoots more than anyone in the league."

CowboysKB24
03-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Of course he could... but who cares??? It is all about the rings.

bringinwood
03-24-2011, 03:11 AM
Of course he could... but who cares??? It is all about the rings.

Sure he could... Does that mean he's the best scorer in the league ??? Nope... How about the best shooter ??? Nope...
The best defender, facilitator, shot blocker, passer, or stealer, or rebounder ??? Nope...

Rings ??? I want to set up a celebratory thread congratulating the Laker's fans after they get dethroned in the playoffs this year...

Will you be there ???

sunsfan88
03-24-2011, 03:33 AM
The Lakers have never been successful whenever Kobe trys to do it himself. He has always needed a Shaq or Gasol to bail him out.

Of course if he shoots like 50-60 times a game, I'm pretty sure he can lead the league in scoring but I don't think LA would be very good.

Law25
03-24-2011, 04:04 AM
The Lakers have never been successful whenever Kobe trys to do it himself. He has always needed a Shaq or Gasol to bail him out.Of course if he shoots like 50-60 times a game, I'm pretty sure he can lead the league in scoring but I don't think LA would be very good.

Sorry but that part was just...... um...... stupid. Now did he need another star to win championships? yes, but so did bird, magic, jordan, shaq, dr.j, west, wilt, russel, cusy, oscar, and so on and so on. If you watch any of Kobe career in regular season or playoffs shaq and gasol needed him as much or more to win and close out games. Can people put ther bias aside regardless of who your favorite player is and call it like it is. The best answer so far is yes he could, but his team would suffer. He is only what four points off leading now. Thats an jumber/ lay up/ or dunk plus two freethows. That paly would take the same away from gasol, bynum, or odom and they need all the motivation they need to play hard, and is just not worth it in my opinion

Law25
03-24-2011, 04:11 AM
Nash had Stat and Marion at their best, but nothin.Sorry to rub it in, kind of childish, but i notice your an suns fan and have an hidden agenda in your post. You should realize puttn Kobe down does not raise Nash.

bringinwood
03-24-2011, 04:22 AM
Nash had Stat and garbage at their best, but nothin.Sorry to rub it in, kind of childish, but i notice your an suns fan and have an hidden agenda in your post. You should realize puttn Kobe down does not raise Nash.

Fixed

Anytime you use Shawn Marion in your argument, your credibility goes down pretty quickly...

Hawkeye15
03-24-2011, 08:26 AM
sure he could, at the expense of his team

Topballs
03-24-2011, 03:30 PM
So has Lebron....

Kobe could still be the leading scorer, but that same theory works for about every superstar on each team

What do you mean so has Lebron? He's averaging way more minutes than kobe, at 38.5, while kobe is averaging 33.8. May not seem like it, but thats a big difference. He's also not playing with several injuries like kobe is, which was one of my main points.

Of coarse any of the elite players can shoot a lot and average more points. But that statement doesnt get us anywhere for this argument.

daboywonder2002
03-24-2011, 03:33 PM
kobe has lost a step. its obvious. this isnt the same guy that scored 81 points. the fadeaway isnt there like it used to be. the first step isnt what it used to be. as long as you dont fall for those 20,000 pump fakes. you can keep kobe at his average. the one thing i do love about kobe though is his craftiness. most guys with a hand injury wouldnt be able to score. but kobe still finds a way to score the same amt of points. thats what impresses me. also he impresses me with a way to have an impact on the game even if he isnt scoring. whether its passing, defense, etc.

Atticus Finch
03-24-2011, 03:48 PM
Sure he could... Does that mean he's the best scorer in the league ??? Nope... How about the best shooter ??? Nope...
The best defender, facilitator, shot blocker, passer, or stealer, or rebounder ??? Nope...

Rings ??? I want to set up a celebratory thread congratulating the Laker's fans after they get dethroned in the playoffs this year...

Will you be there ???

Makes sense, you gotta find something to occupy your time with when the playoffs come around.

Tony_Starks
03-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Im truly flabbergasted that people are still using the "Kobe couldn't win without _______" excuse. Doesn't that ever get old?

I'd like for someone to name me one great player that singlehandedly won a championship all by himself with no help. Without at LEAST one great player beside him.

And I got a NEWSFLASH: Kobe and Shaq wouldn't have won without Robert Horry! Kobe and Gasol wouldn't have won without Ron Artest! Or Derrick Fisher.

Believe it or not its a team game......

king4day
03-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Who said he couldn't?

Hawkeye15
03-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Im truly flabbergasted that people are still using the "Kobe couldn't win without _______" excuse. Doesn't that ever get old?

I'd like for someone to name me one great player that singlehandedly won a championship all by himself with no help. Without at LEAST one great player beside him.

And I got a NEWSFLASH: Kobe and Shaq wouldn't have won without Robert Horry! Kobe and Gasol wouldn't have won without Ron Artest! Or Derrick Fisher.

Believe it or not its a team game......

No star can win without a lot of help. Why do you even pay attention to those who single Kobe out on this time tested equation?

Kashmir13579
03-24-2011, 05:16 PM

this.

Jewelz0376
03-24-2011, 05:21 PM
The whole any player could lead the league in scoring is bs...

Felton could not lead the league in scoring... Deng could not lead the league in scoring...Turk could not league the league in scoring, etc..

leftymo
03-24-2011, 05:42 PM
As I said in my post, Kobe shoots more often than anyone else. The guys you listed all play more minutes and/or at a higher pace. I was clear and said "when you adjust for pace and minutes, Kobe shoots more than anyone in the league."

You are modifying your statement with "pace & minutes" But in the end it just comes down to FGA/game...

and if Kobe is number 1 now, take a look at MJ's numbers. Kobe comes nowhere near his FGA numbers...

except for one season.

leftymo
03-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Yes, Kobe could easily lead the league in scoring, if he was surrounded by Smush Parker or Tierre Brown...

We're talking about a guy who has scored 81 points in a game, outscored an entire team at the end of 3 quarters. (Kobe 62, Mavericks 61)... He could easily do that, but thankfully the Lakers are loaded, and don't need him to...

Raph12
03-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Not nearly as efficiently as he has in the past...

ChiTownPacerFan
03-24-2011, 05:53 PM
The whole any player could lead the league in scoring is bs...

Felton could not lead the league in scoring... Deng could not lead the league in scoring...Turk could not league the league in scoring, etc..

You're telling me if Deng or Felton took 75-80 shots a game they couldn't lead the leauge in scoring. GTFO.

Chronz
03-24-2011, 06:02 PM
Meaningless, any great player if they "wanted" to could lead the league in scoring

Atticus Finch
03-24-2011, 06:03 PM
You're telling me if Deng or Felton took 75-80 shots a game they couldn't lead the leauge in scoring. GTFO.

You're telling me you think Felton or Deng could actually take 75-80 shots in a game, without getting pulled by the coach? Not happening. If you have to take 80 shots to score 30 points, you won't find yourself too much PT in the NBA.

ChiTownPacerFan
03-24-2011, 06:18 PM
You're telling me you think Felton or Deng could actually take 75-80 shots in a game, without getting pulled by the coach? Not happening. If you have to take 80 shots to score 30 points, you won't find yourself too much PT in the NBA.

Well, Phil would smack Kobe upside the head long before he would take enough shots to lead the league in scoring. Kobes only playing 33 minutes a game. He would have to average like 25 shots a game in order to lead the league in scoring. Phil would never let that happen.

magichatnumber9
03-24-2011, 06:28 PM
No and regardless he is entering his decent.

mrblisterdundee
03-24-2011, 08:59 PM
If Kobe was leading the league in scoring, it would mean that the Lakers were playing crappy and not getting out of the first round of the playoffs.

JasonJohnHorn
03-24-2011, 09:44 PM
I'm not a Kobe fan, but I respect his game, and if he were on a a team that wasnt as deep, he could drop 30+ a night easily. Mind you, that team likely wouldnt be winning many games, but even if Phil just ran more plays through him, he coudl drop 30+ a night right now.

why doesnt he? Because Phil knows that having a diverse offence makes the team harder to defend.

But yeah, Kobe would have no problem scoring 30+ for the duration of a season.

Lakerhead4ever
03-24-2011, 09:55 PM
It kinda amazes me when I see comments like "he's slow" or "he can't do it anymore" and granted he has lost some explosiveness but we do all know the difference between not being able to put up big numbers and not having to right? When he got Gasol, Fish, and everyone else started stepping up he didn't have to do that anymore. When he had to strictly score his numbers were insane.

He has aged but with his work ethic and training regimend he's in waaaay better shape than most players when they get to his age. What he's lost in explosion he's gained in learning how to get to the line. Hell he's 6th in the league in scoring now and he's playing the least minutes he's played in over 10 years!!

its pointless asking these type of questions to psd bro. everyone is a kobe hater on here probably bcuz kobe has torched their team on many occasions.

One thing is forsure, while every other player in the league is scoring assisting and rebounding and show boating, and getting super teams, kobe is winning championships.

Point blank

Geargo Wallace
03-24-2011, 10:00 PM
its pointless asking these type of questions to psd bro. everyone is a kobe hater on here probably bcuz kobe has torched their team on many occasions.

One thing is forsure, while every other player in the league is scoring assisting and rebounding and show boating, and getting super teams, kobe is winning championships.

Point blank

Only if the better players could be as fortunate as Kobe.

Lakerhead4ever
03-24-2011, 10:05 PM
Only if the better players could be as fortunate as Kobe.

everyone is equal in basketball, its simple. having the mind set to win, other then look good. FORTUNATELY kobe can do both

Geargo Wallace
03-24-2011, 10:15 PM
everyone is equal in basketball, its simple. having the mind set to win, other then look good. FORTUNATELY kobe can do both

every player is not equal.
every team is equal? **** no.
Kobe is good at looking good that's for sure. That's why he has so many fans that think he's Jesus when he's really just one of the most privileged great players in league history.

jim51990
03-24-2011, 10:19 PM
no
unless lbj, durant, wade, and monta dont have to
meaning if they are all trying to lead the league kobe would not be ahead of any of them and there are a few more who also would be ahead of them.

goose14741
03-24-2011, 10:22 PM
kobe is by far the most talented player in the league, he does lack the physical capability to score as easy as names like lebron, durant

Lakerhead4ever
03-24-2011, 10:24 PM
every player is not equal.
every team is equal? **** no.
Kobe is good at looking good that's for sure. That's why he has so many fans that think he's Jesus when he's really just one of the most privileged great players in league history.

how the hell is he privileged? dude had to work hard as shi* to get where he is now. from his early seasons, air balling, lacked maturity, dealt with shaq, and dude got thru it and won more championships.

if other players work ethic was like kobes the league would be full of great players, but they rather have super teams, players dnt want to work for what they want. they gotta have 3 players who average 20 points a game. cmon man. thats exactly what separates the Birds, Magics, Jordans, Kobes, Work Ethic!

ldawg
03-24-2011, 10:41 PM
how the hell is he privileged? dude had to work hard as shi* to get where he is now. from his early seasons, air balling, lacked maturity, dealt with shaq, and dude got thru it and won more championships.

if other players work ethic was like kobes the league would be full of great players, but they rather have super teams, players dnt want to work for what they want. they gotta have 3 players who average 20 points a game. cmon man. thats exactly what separates the Birds, Magics, Jordans, Kobes, Work Ethic!thank you, amen to that. I have no respect for supposed to be best player piggy backing in hope of rings laughing about how easy its going to be. The golden child is who is privileged. Kobe still fight his haters and the guys with the whistle. Kobe over came so many hurdles its not even funny. Most players would have already fall flat but this dude keep on trucking knocking haters down.

Geargo Wallace
03-24-2011, 10:45 PM

if other players work ethic was like kobes the league would be full of great players, but they rather have super teams, players dnt want to work for what they want. they gotta have 3 players who average 20 points a game. cmon man. thats exactly what separates the Birds, Magics, Jordans, Kobes, Work Ethic!

Kobe does work extremely hard. I don't think you can say he's at the level of those guys just cuz of that. There's plenty of **** players who work hard as **** but have not enough talent.

I would rather think that Shaq had to deal with Kobe. Shaq was those Laker teams. Kobe has the privilege of playing for one of the greatest sports franchises in the history of sports. Playing with the most dominant center of all time. Playing with some of the most talented bigs, one the greatest coaches ever, and some of the best depth in the league...... talk about having a super team. How's LeBron any different? Man works just as hard as Kobe. Has more impact on his teams than Kobe ever has. Too bad he had the burden of spending the first 7 years of his NBA life playing in basketball purgatory - Cleveland - and playing with chumps. Kobe has barely had 3 years of unfortunate years in his whole career. Scoring at the expense of his teammates. Great player - **** YEAH! - the man was amazing and is still a great player. But sometime I feel ppl give him too much credit.

ldawg
03-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Lebron will only be better than Kobe because of age and millage not because he is flat out better. Father time spare no man but if both these players are 25 i would still role with Kobe 100%

ldawg
03-24-2011, 10:58 PM
Kobe does work extremely hard. I don't think you can say he's at the level of those guys just cuz of that. There's plenty of **** players who work hard as **** but have not enough talent.

I would rather think that Shaq had to deal with Kobe. Shaq was those Laker teams. Kobe has the privilege of playing for one of the greatest sports franchises in the history of sports. Playing with the most dominant center of all time. Playing with some of the most talented bigs, one the greatest coaches ever, and some of the best depth in the league...... talk about having a super team. How's LeBron any different? Man works just as hard as Kobe. Has more impact on his teams than Kobe ever has. Too bad he had the burden of spending the first 7 years of his NBA life playing in basketball purgatory - Cleveland - and playing with chumps. Kobe has barely had 3 years of unfortunate years in his whole career. Scoring at the expense of his teammates. Great player - **** YEAH! - the man was amazing and is still a great player. But sometime I feel ppl give him too much credit.Tim Duncan did not play with Shaq, the Lakers or a HOF coach. All i keep haring is excuse after excuse did Cleveland not run the NBA the past 2 years? Ask him, his boys and his mother why they f that up? I forgot its the coach fault and the sorry players he played with.

BigCityofDreams
03-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Tim Duncan did not play with Shaq nore the Lakers. All i keep haring is excuse after excuse did Cleveland not run the NBA the past 2 years? Ask him, his boys and his mother why they f that up? I forgot its the coach fault and the sorry players he played with.

The funny thing about Lebron on the Cavs is when they were running through league you heard nothing but praise from everyone but the minute they lost it was let's be honest the Cavs aren't a good team.

Geargo Wallace
03-24-2011, 11:17 PM
Tim Duncan did not play with Shaq, the Lakers or a HOF coach. All i keep haring is excuse after excuse did Cleveland not run the NBA the past 2 years? Ask him, his boys and his mother why they f that up? I forgot its the coach fault and the sorry players he played with.

like Lakers fans love to say when they don't have the best record - "the regular season doesn't matter."

Playoffs are a different beast, but his production doesn't drop. His teams were so horrible that it's miraculous that they could even have those great regular season records or even make it as far as they could in the playoffs. I don't know what more you want from the guy. He's turned **** into gold in his career and is now doing wonders with such an unbalanced, and high-expectation team. Even though the Heat don't have a great record right now, they might just make some noise in the playoffs. I'm not even a Heat fan.

Geargo Wallace
03-24-2011, 11:19 PM
The funny thing about Lebron on the Cavs is when they were running through league you heard nothing but praise from everyone but the minute they lost it was let's be honest the Cavs aren't a good team.

Expectations and reality are two different things. His teams had a great record, but his teammates did suck.

BigCityofDreams
03-24-2011, 11:26 PM
Expectations and reality are two different things. His teams had a great record, but his teammates did suck.

Well then ppl overrated his team because whenever the season ended the first thing you'd hear is this this team is how the team is more than ready to win a championship.

rabzouz 96
03-24-2011, 11:33 PM

having to deal with shaq is funny, considering it was in the time when every player wouldve traded his whole family for the chance to play with shaq

Geargo Wallace
03-24-2011, 11:35 PM
Well then ppl overrated his team because whenever the season ended the first thing you'd hear is this this team is how the team is more than ready to win a championship.

yeah but who cares what ppl say? The reality is that his teammates sucked. I don't think that LeBron would say during the season that his team isn't good enough even with that record. It was a very good team, but not one that could beat a healthy C's team, or an Orlando team playing at it's best. You can't hold his team's failures solely against him as a player. I think ppl hold expectations too high in their criticisms of players. Like we all know Kwame Brown was one of the biggest busts in NBA history, but in reality he didn't have the hands or the polish to play like a #1 pick.

Jewelz0376
03-24-2011, 11:36 PM

That is your response??....if Felton or Deng took 75-80 shots a game :laugh2:
That has to be one of the worst posts I've seen since I've been on psd.. What coach/team would sit back a let Felton or Deng shoot 75-80 times...WTF are you talking about?? Your a special one...

ldawg
03-24-2011, 11:36 PM
like Lakers fans love to say when they don't have the best record - "the regular season doesn't matter."

Playoffs are a different beast, but his production doesn't drop. His teams were so horrible that it's miraculous that they could even have those great regular season records or even make it as far as they could in the playoffs. I don't know what more you want from the guy. He's turned **** into gold in his career and is now doing wonders with such an unbalanced, and high-expectation team. Even though the Heat don't have a great record right now, they might just make some noise in the playoffs. I'm not even a Heat fan.now this is funny, what is unbalanced about the heat? are you serious? is this yet another excuse for failure? you all are getting more creative by the day. last year he had no help now this years team is worst that last years, who will make the perfect teammate, jesus?

Geargo Wallace
03-24-2011, 11:39 PM
having to deal with shaq is funny, considering it was in the time when every player wouldve traded his whole family for the chance to play with shaq

****ing right. Playing with prime, healthy Shaq is could probably be the most enjoyable thing for any player. Think of all the pressure that guy could take off of you on and off the court as a player. Too bad Kobe couldn't let his ego coexist with it. I might have actually became a closet Lakers fan.

Jewelz0376
03-24-2011, 11:39 PM

:laugh2:

I'm sorry, but I had to quote your post again...because you really said "GTFO" after saying something so dumb...lol

godolphins
03-24-2011, 11:41 PM
Kobe can't do it anymore

Geargo Wallace
03-24-2011, 11:42 PM
That is your response??....if Felton or Deng took 75-80 shots a game :laugh2:
That has to be one of the worst posts I've seen since I've been on psd.. What coach/team would sit back a let Felton or Deng shoot 75-80 times...WTF are you talking about?? Your a special one...

hey even Phil Jackson has told Kobe on numerous occasions that he shoots too much. Kobe could lead the league in scoring but it would be at the expense of his team and it would give Phil a heart attack in the process. ^^^ buddy up there was clearly exaggerating but his point is the same as mine.

rabzouz 96
03-24-2011, 11:43 PM
Tim Duncan did not play with Shaq, the Lakers or a HOF coach. All i keep haring is excuse after excuse did Cleveland not run the NBA the past 2 years? Ask him, his boys and his mother why they f that up? I forgot its the coach fault and the sorry players he played with.

ummm, not to intervene your rumbling, but dont you think that pop is one of the best coaches, if not the best coach of the nba, so very comparable to phil? and dont u think that tim duncan is or was rather comparable to shaq than kobe, since he was one of the best bigmen in the nba aka the spurs smaller version of shaq?
not to forget that he had some pretty good teammates as well with the general,etc.

Geargo Wallace
03-24-2011, 11:48 PM
now this is funny, what is unbalanced about the heat? are you serious? is this yet another excuse for failure? you all are getting more creative by the day. last year he had no help now this year this team worst that last year, who will make the perfect teammate, jesus?

woahhhhh I'm not making excuses for a team that I don't cheer for.

Don't act like you never made fun of Bosh for being a ***** who doesn't rebound, and shoots too many jump shots when he should be driving. Or LeBron playing beside a player (Wade) who is essentially a similar but lesser version of himself. The Lakers, Celtics, and Bulls have some of the most balanced lineups in the league when you look at them from 1-5, and even their benches. The Heat have 3 great players who don't necessarily fit well with each other, and a bunch of scraps to fill out their line up. Don't get me wrong, they still have a chance at the title, but I won't be surprised if they lose to a Celtics or Bulls team in the playoffs. Don't go call LeBron a choker if they do.

ldawg
03-24-2011, 11:49 PM
****ing right. Playing with prime, healthy Shaq is could probably be the most enjoyable thing for any player. Think of all the pressure that guy could take off of you on and off the court as a player. Too bad Kobe couldn't let his ego coexist with it. I might have actually became a closet Lakers fan.this does not matter because Kobe has won without shaq and prove he did not need him. not to mention Shaq needed a closer to play with because he can not hit free trows so he was a liability in the closing of games.

Jewelz0376
03-24-2011, 11:49 PM
hey even Phil Jackson has told Kobe on numerous occasions that he shoots too much. Kobe could lead the league in scoring but it would be at the expense of his team and it would give Phil a heart attack in the process. ^^^ buddy up there was clearly exaggerating but his point is the same as mine.

I already said that Kobe could lead the league in scoring, but his efficiency would drop so we agree on that..

My point was that people kept saying that almost anyone can lead the league in scoring, which is bs...Almost any player in the league cannot create enough high % looks on their own to lead in scoring, unless they shot an insane amout of times...A player like Deng, Felton, etc are nice players obviously, but no coach would let them shoot the ball 30+ times, which is what it would take for them to lead the league in scoring..

Geargo Wallace
03-24-2011, 11:52 PM
ummm, not to intervene your rumbling, but dont you think that pop is one of the best coaches, if not the best coach of the nba, so very comparable to phil? and dont u think that tim duncan is or was rather comparable to shaq than kobe, since he was one of the best bigmen in the nba aka the spurs smaller version of shaq?
not to forget that he had some pretty good teammates as well with the general,etc.

I think he was being sarcastic to prove a point against me.

Timmy was pretty privileged too to have a few great teammates and a great coach, with a great system. Timmy carried a huge load too by anchoring those great Spurs' defenses. But I don't want to talk about the Spurs cuz they're my #2 team.

Geargo Wallace
03-24-2011, 11:55 PM
I already said that Kobe could lead the league in scoring, but his efficiency would drop so we agree on that..

My point was that people kept saying that almost anyone can lead the league in scoring, which is bs...Almost any player in the league cannot create enough high % looks on their own to lead in scoring, unless they shot an insane amout of times...A player like Deng, Felton, etc are nice players obviously, but no coach would let them shoot the ball 30+ times, which is what it would take for them to lead the league in scoring..

I completely agree with you. ppl are merely just exaggerating to prove their point. No one in their right mind would let Deng shoot enough to average 30. Kobe is scoring right about where he needs to be scoring right now.

ldawg
03-25-2011, 12:00 AM

Timmy was pretty privileged too to have a few great teammates and a great coach, with a great system. Timmy carried a huge load too by anchoring those great Spurs' defenses. But I don't want to talk about the Spurs cuz they're my #2 team.no one knew anything about Manu, Parker or coach Pop being great players or coach until Duncan got them their rings. What did spur won before Duncan? Parker was a rookie and was learning on the fly. When Lebron played them in the finals who was is teammates? no excuses. the job just was not done a lost is a lost. It could be in a box, a jar, a cup or what ever you want to put it in it still a loss.

rabzouz 96
03-25-2011, 12:02 AM

Timmy was pretty privileged too to have a few great teammates and a great coach, with a great system. Timmy carried a huge load too by anchoring those great Spurs' defenses. But I don't want to talk about the Spurs cuz they're my #2 team.

i know that he was, i just dont think that his comparison was picked luckily, since timmy was more like shaq in the regard that players like manu and parker were lucky to play with him and not the other way around

Geargo Wallace
03-25-2011, 12:04 AM
this does not matter because Kobe has won without shaq and prove he did not need him. not to mention Shaq needed a closer to play with because he can not hit free trows so he was a liability in the closing of games.

That's true but not entirely fair. The Center position isn't exactly a closers position. Also The hack-a-Shaq play also happens because he was one of the surest 2 points ever. No player ever garnered as much attention as him. If you could take any prime player in history it would be Shaq or Jordan... maybe Bird. Let's just stop talking about Shaq and agree that playing on a team with prime Shaq is one of the best things you could ever hope for as a player.

Geargo Wallace
03-25-2011, 12:07 AM
i know that he was, i just dont think that his comparison was picked luckily, since timmy was more like shaq in the regard that players like manu and parker were lucky to play with him and not the other way around

yeah I understand that. I don't know what he's getting at up there than lol ^^^

ldawg
03-25-2011, 12:08 AM
woahhhhh I'm not making excuses for a team that I don't cheer for.

Don't act like you never made fun of Bosh for being a ***** who doesn't rebound, and shoots too many jump shots when he should be driving. Or LeBron playing beside a player (Wade) who is essentially a similar but lesser version of himself. The Lakers, Celtics, and Bulls have some of the most balanced lineups in the league when you look at them from 1-5, and even their benches. The Heat have 3 great players who don't necessarily fit well with each other, and a bunch of scraps to fill out their line up. Don't get me wrong, they still have a chance at the title, but I won't be surprised if they lose to a Celtics or Bulls team in the playoffs. Don't go call LeBron a choker if they do.Was Pau and Odom defensive gurus? last time i look Odom, Pau and bosh were in the same boat. Bynum hardly played to matter much. They have 3 pgs, 1real sg, 3sf, 3pf, 4c what more they need.

rabzouz 96
03-25-2011, 12:08 AM
no one knew anything about Manu, Parker or coach Pop being great players or coach until Duncan got them their rings. What did spur won before Duncan? Parker was a rookie and was learning on the fly. When Lebron played them in the finals who was is teammates? no excuses. the job just was not done a lost is a lost. It could be in a box, a jar, a cup or what ever you want to put it in it still a loss.

youre not making any sense, the spurs were constant title contenders and a damn strong nba powerhouse when the cavs played them, having won 3 titles in the years before playing the cavs, that was not just some team that lucked out to get there. youre right that manu and parker were lucky to land on the spurs, which doesnt make em scrubs either, they were good players although interchangeable against other players of the same caliber, just like kobe was on the lakers back then.

Geargo Wallace
03-25-2011, 12:15 AM
no one knew anything about Manu, Parker or coach Pop being great players or coach until Duncan got them their rings. What did spur won before Duncan? Parker was a rookie and was learning on the fly. When Lebron played them in the finals who was is teammates? no excuses. the job just was not done a lost is a lost. It could be in a box, a jar, a cup or what ever you want to put it in it still a loss.

What are you getting at? That the Spurs were a team of nobodies when they whooped the Cavs in the finals? The Spurs were a great team, and the only reason why the Cavs made it that far was because LeBron carried a greater load than a pornstar at a bukaki session against a great Pistons team. You seem to forget the performances that he displayed in that Pistons series, and only focus on the 0-4 record against a much more experienced and balanced Spurs team.

And I still don't know what you're getting at with the first comment. It seems you're praising Duncan, when his path was different and essentially tougher than Kobe's. Duncan made ppl great, while Kobe had the privilege of having great, known and established players and coaches with him. Is that what you were saying cuz if it was I don't know why you said it?

ldawg
03-25-2011, 12:18 AM
That's true but not entirely fair. The Center position isn't exactly a closers position. Also The hack-a-Shaq play also happens because he was one of the surest 2 points ever. No player ever garnered as much attention as him. If you could take any prime player in history it would be Shaq or Jordan... maybe Bird. Let's just stop talking about Shaq and agree that playing on a team with prime Shaq is one of the best things you could ever hope for as a player. I would rater Duncan. Duncan and Kobe would have net more that 3 rings playing together

Geargo Wallace
03-25-2011, 12:22 AM
Was Pau and Odom defensive gurus? last time i look Odom, Pau and bosh were in the same boat. Bynum hardly played to matter much. They have 3 pgs, 1real sg, 3sf, 3pf, 4c what more they need.

Not exactly, but they're high IQ, big, and versatile players. Bosh doesn't have the post, passing, or transition game that Pau has. The Lakers possess 3 bigs that have great size and length, and that's been their advantage against most teams. They have tonnes of depth at each position. They don't need anything... Well to beat the Celtics in the finals they'll need an injury to a Celtic or 2.

Geargo Wallace
03-25-2011, 12:24 AM
I would rater Duncan. Duncan and Kobe would have net more that 3 rings playing together

yeah maybe but because their primes coincided at a better timing, and that Duncan would probably just put up with Kobe's ego.

ldawg
03-25-2011, 12:25 AM
Remove Duncan fron that Team what was the Difference? Without Duncan spurs would go no where. Ducan made players around him better.

ChiTownPacerFan
03-25-2011, 12:28 AM
:laugh2:

I'm sorry, but I had to quote your post again...because you really said "GTFO" after saying something so dumb...lol

The stupidity of my post is exactly on par with the stupidity of this thread. The question is ridiculously asinine. What the hell does "if he had to" mean? If his life depended on leading the league in scoring? Well, my point is there are a lot of guys who could lead the league in scoring if their life depended on it. The question is so absurd it doesn't even work as a hypothetical.

Fortunately for all of us, nothing like this will ever ever ever happen. So this thread probably should have been closed immediately. Kobe is a great player, no question. However, he is not the best scorer in the NBA. He isn't the most efficient scorer in the NBA. He isn't the most versatile scorer in the NBA. So, pray tell, WTF point is this post trying to make? That if you put a gun to his head, he could average 4 more points per game. Seriously WTF??!?!

Geargo Wallace
03-25-2011, 12:29 AM
Remove Duncan fron that Team what was the Difference? Without Duncan spurs would go no where. Ducan made players around him better.

We know this. We're not arguing this against you. Why do you keep bringing this up? I have the biggest man-crush on Timmy D ever so you don't need to reassure me of this.

Geargo Wallace
03-25-2011, 12:31 AM
The stupidity of my post is exactly on par with the stupidity of this thread. The question is ridiculously asinine. What the hell does "if he had to" mean? If his life depended on leading the league in scoring? Well, my point is there are a lot of guys who could lead the league in scoring if their life depended on it. The question is so absurd it doesn't even work as a hypothetical.

Fortunately for all of us, nothing like this will ever ever ever happen. So this thread probably should have been closed immediately. Kobe is a great player, no question. However, he is not the best scorer in the NBA. He isn't the most efficient scorer in the NBA. He isn't the most versatile scorer in the NBA. So, pray tell, WTF point is this post trying to make? That if you put a gun to his head, he could average 4 more points per game. Seriously WTF??!?!

:clap: i just **** my pants.

ldawg
03-25-2011, 12:35 AM
yeah maybe but because their primes coincided at a better timing, and that Duncan would probably just put up with Kobe's ego.Love Shaq but what can he teach a young center?

Geargo Wallace
03-25-2011, 12:40 AM
Love Shaq but what can he teach a young center?

The man used to be uncoordinated when he was young. He put in work to get where he's at. I'm sure he knows a thing or two. But it doesn't really matter cuz he's not a teacher... just like MJ should not be a GM.

Geargo Wallace
03-25-2011, 12:45 AM
goodnight! love you all <3

allSUAVE
03-25-2011, 12:46 AM
Kobe is still the best player in the league ..so theres no question.

Sadds The Gr8
03-25-2011, 12:49 AM
What are you getting at? That the Spurs were a team of nobodies when they whooped the Cavs in the finals? The Spurs were a great team, and the only reason why the Cavs made it that far was because LeBron carried a greater load than a pornstar at a bukaki session against a great Pistons team. You seem to forget the performances that he displayed in that Pistons series, and only focus on the 0-4 record against a much more experienced and balanced Spurs team.

And I still don't know what you're getting at with the first comment. It seems you're praising Duncan, when his path was different and essentially tougher than Kobe's. Duncan made ppl great, while Kobe had the privilege of having great, known and established players and coaches with him. Is that what you were saying cuz if it was I don't know why you said it?

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl

:laugh: :laugh:

ldawg
03-25-2011, 12:50 AM
The man used to be uncoordinated when he was young. He put in work to get where he's at. I'm sure he knows a thing or two. But it doesn't really matter cuz he's not a teacher... just like MJ should not be a GM.still uncoordinated his game was size and strength you can't teach that. Mj is a bad gm but you can learn from him just look at Kobe. Larry and rip not bad either.

ldawg
03-25-2011, 01:06 AM
Yes he can still lead the league but i think it would gas him out if rings are more important. Its not like has fell to 15ppg his minutes is down and his shot attempts are down but he has not fall off. With his usual minutes he is still on pace to avg 28ppg. so the answer is yes but it would not be wise. All players get worn old or young B Griffen is learning that now. Its best he save himself and cut back the wear and tear on his knee and fingers and keep focus on the big picture. He has nothing to prove everyone age so if a younger player is better than him so what his day will come. Kobe is better than Mj but was he better?

rabzouz 96
03-25-2011, 01:07 AM
still uncoordinated his game was size and strength you can't teach that. Mj is a bad gm but you can learn from him just look at Kobe. Larry and rip not bad either.

wow great job at argumenting besides the argument, his game can rely on strength and athleticism all it wants, he was still an unduplicated force at that time. i sometimes wonder how fast people can forget about how players really were in their primes when they only see the old former shelves of these players.

hotpotato1092
03-25-2011, 01:18 AM
Just throwing this out there, but Kobe scores 26.5 points per 36 minutes, almost a full point better than Durant and almost two better than LeBron, doesn't that answer the question?

BigCityofDreams
03-25-2011, 03:22 PM
yeah but who cares what ppl say? The reality is that his teammates sucked. I don't think that LeBron would say during the season that his team isn't good enough even with that record. It was a very good team, but not one that could beat a healthy C's team, or an Orlando team playing at it's best. You can't hold his team's failures solely against him as a player. I think ppl hold expectations too high in their criticisms of players. Like we all know Kwame Brown was one of the biggest busts in NBA history, but in reality he didn't have the hands or the polish to play like a #1 pick.

All the criticism doesn't fall on his shoulders but when you're the self proclaimed King you have to take a good bit of the blame right.

RCarlson85
03-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Sure he could. He wouldn't shoot an amazing fg%, but he could still do it. He has lost a step and can't do quite as much as he used to so it would take more work. There are alot of players that could lead the league in scoring if they were selfish and took alot of shots.

Geargo Wallace
03-25-2011, 03:42 PM
All the criticism doesn't fall on his shoulders but when you're the self proclaimed King you have to take a good bit of the blame right.

yeah let's blame him because of his nickname.

twoearl
03-25-2011, 03:47 PM
I agree that Kobe could lead the league in scoring if he wanted to, but so could about 25 other players in the NBA if they were actually tyring to win the scoring crown.

BigCityofDreams
03-25-2011, 04:00 PM
yeah let's blame him because of his nickname.

A nickname he gave himself. It wasn't the media that told him to put a tattoo of a lion with a crown on his head. If you want the title you have to be able to take the heat.

Geargo Wallace
03-25-2011, 11:56 PM
A nickname he gave himself. It wasn't the media that told him to put a tattoo of a lion with a crown on his head. If you want the title you have to be able to take the heat.

His nickname doesn't have everything to do with with winning NBA championships. It's just a clever play on his last name. If his last name were Walker, he wouldn't have tattooed King Walker with a lion on his arm. I didn't know a tattoo and a clever nickname are supposed to raise a player's expectations.

albertc86
03-25-2011, 11:59 PM
KB24 Never had to carry the team, he choose to carry the team, do i think he can lead the league in scorin??Yes if he wants to go back to that ultimate selfish style of play, that didn't win him ship.....

Kobe didn't have a team around him when he had to play a selfish style of basketball.

tredigs
03-26-2011, 12:02 AM
Could he win a scoring title if he "had to"? No, absolutely not.

He already takes the third most shots in the league (averages slightly more than Durant), and if he took any more it would only decrease his efficiency and hurt the Lakers as a result.

His scoring title chances are gone.

knightstemplar
03-26-2011, 12:42 AM
kobe leads the nba in points per 48 minutes
kobes only averaging 33.9 mpg, if he plays 40 minutes a game like durant he would lead in scoring

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 10:18 AM
His nickname doesn't have everything to do with with winning NBA championships. It's just a clever play on his last name. If his last name were Walker, he wouldn't have tattooed King Walker with a lion on his arm. I didn't know a tattoo and a clever nickname are supposed to raise a player's expectations.

Those expectations were raised because he's suppose to be the 2nd coming. He is suppose to eclipse the greats in this era and the greats in the previous era.

Geargo Wallace
03-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Those expectations were raised because he's suppose to be the 2nd coming. He is suppose to eclipse the greats in this era and the greats in the previous era.

you are ridiculous

BigCityofDreams
03-26-2011, 11:38 AM
you are ridiculous

lol

StevenU2009
03-26-2011, 11:56 AM

Well, "any" is a stretch but any of the top 5-6 scorers in the league COULD lead the league if that was their primary focus. The reality is that most of them play on teams that are good enough that they do not need to. This includes Kobe, Durant, and LeBum. To their credit they are all more concerned with winning games.
That being said it took Kobe longer to realize this than the others. Monta is a bad example because he DOES score as much as he can and he will never lead the league.
I think an interesting question is when-if ever-will a big man lead the league in scoring. It's been a while since any power player (PF or C) led the league. Shaq, I think, was the last, and I do not think a big man will ever do so again.

AIRMAR72
03-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Could he win a scoring title if he "had to"? No, absolutely not.

He already takes the third most shots in the league (averages slightly more than Durant), and if he took any more it would only decrease his efficiency and hurt the Lakers as a result.

His scoring title chances are gone.
i believe the word you looking for is FINISH i could be wrong but kobe is top 5 to have the most turnover in league history at SG kobe has NEVER been a lockdown defender(tracy, vince AI,younger richard hamilton and a younger manu gave kobe HELL) or top 15 in blocks or steal but makes first team defense every year clearly he benifit from playing for great organization who have media pull and a great history in league

Bruno
03-26-2011, 04:44 PM
i believe the word you looking for is FINISH i could be wrong but kobe is top 5 to have the most turnover in league history at SG kobe has NEVER been a lockdown defender(tracy, vince AI,younger richard hamilton and a younger manu gave kobe HELL) or top 15 in blocks or steal but makes first team defense every year clearly he benifit from playing for great organization who have media pull and a great history in league

Yes he has.

PrettyBoyJ
03-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Kobe doesnt need to score as much any more.. But he has so many moves in his arsenal if he wanted too he could lead the league easily