PDA

View Full Version : NBA being unfair to DeMarcus Cousins?

John Walls Era
03-23-2011, 02:29 AM
According to the Sacramento Bee, Cousins got shoved by Timberwolves guard Luke Ridnour(notes) and then returned the favor by shoving three different Minnesota players: Ridnour, guard Martell Webster(notes) and center Nikola Pekovic(notes).

He received two technical fouls and an ejection, the paper reports, but he could get additional penalties from the league, possibly a suspension,

LINK (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Kings-Cousins-facing-penalties-from-the-league-;_ylt=ArbIXp4HGmAP9mJ6IHB3Zuy8vLYF?urn=nba-335832)

Some people have already seen this, but heres the video: Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yQOi1fBmmQ)

John Walls Era
03-23-2011, 02:33 AM
If you watch the play, he retaliated because Ridnour pushed him on the play (previously). Also how does pushing warrant a suspension? I think the NBA is just trying to make an example out of him (for other headcases). Which is unfair.

Sadds The Gr8
03-23-2011, 02:38 AM
If you watch the play, he retaliated because Ridnour pushed him on the play (previously). Also how does pushing warrant a suspension? I think the NBA is just trying to make an example out of him (for other headcases). Which is unfair.

it's more of a repeated offender type thing. if you get the reputation of a *******, they're gonna whip you

John Walls Era
03-23-2011, 02:43 AM
it's more of a repeated offender type thing. if you get the reputation of a *******, they're gonna whip you

:pity: the Rasheed Wallace treatment.

Sadds The Gr8
03-23-2011, 02:45 AM
:pity: the Rasheed Wallace treatment.

yea thats exactly what it is

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-23-2011, 02:45 AM
NBA tries to contain him:laugh2:

John Walls Era
03-23-2011, 02:47 AM
I was pretty surprised when he got a double technical. I mean, the Wolves players were getting in his face and Ridnour started it.

Lim
03-23-2011, 02:49 AM
lol this dude is out of control, rasheed wallace 2.0

CityofTreez
03-23-2011, 02:51 AM
Boogie just wants to win, and Luke Ridnour was getting in his way!

NBA sucks, they've been on his case since he got drafted.

CityofTreez
03-23-2011, 02:53 AM
You want to know what's unfair, the NBA moving the Kings to Anaheim.

The Los Angeles Royals of Anaheim, wtf is that?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-23-2011, 03:05 AM

Well its the maloofs fault.

buch88
03-23-2011, 03:10 AM
yes, the nba is being unfair to him. What he has done in the NBA? He's gotten ejected for hardly anything. He got the reputation from high school and college, but he's in the NBA now. He should get to start with a clean slate so screw this "repeat offender" crap.

He got ejected earlier in the season for this too..... which was nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXUFscBD6bg

DerekRE_3
03-23-2011, 03:23 AM
Eh he was out of line this time. Should have stopped after the first push. He just needs time. The talent and will is there. And he's not gonna get suspended, he played last night

Lakers + Giants
03-23-2011, 03:43 AM
Very talented player with a shitload of potential.

Very cocky and immature.

I personally don't like him, but he is gonna be a damn beast.

MOST
03-23-2011, 04:57 AM
Takes time

KG21
03-23-2011, 06:22 AM
First off all this is BS! Nba is crazy!

And If Cousins gets suspended luke should be as well.

Basketash
03-23-2011, 07:24 AM
First off all this is BS! Nba is crazy!

And If Cousins gets suspended luke should be as well.

I agree! Luke's push was way more in the open, Cousins just kind of pushed people of like leave me alone. This is BS!!!!

bholly
03-23-2011, 07:42 AM
Double tech seems fair there. Two on DMC is maybe a bit much, but maybe he was saying things he shouldn't be saying as well. Either way, I don't see any way the NBA suspends him for it. The sentence suggesting it seems more like the writer speculating to me, and shouldn't be considered evidence that the league are talking about it.

TheDiggler
03-23-2011, 09:00 AM
He is so ****ing immature. I think it could be good the League is hard with him, because he has to get rid of that cockiness and immature behavior. That won't take him anywhere. He has talent. But, I predict he will have major problems in the NBA when he won't get his mind on playing ball and not fighting with half of the Wolves Team or whoever. Even KG is not that stupid. I highly dislike Cousins, because he hurts his team, his teammates, his franchise and the fans of the Kings with **** like that. He's not a bad boy gangster. No one of the his opponent players have respect. He thinks KG, Shaq, D12 or even Josh Smith or Horford or Perkins or Bynum "fear" him ? He looks like a dang kid.

LET THE BALL DO THE TALKING !

mttwlsn16
03-23-2011, 09:10 AM
good player but he is a little girl

fadedmario
03-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Monroe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cousins

bovice163
03-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Just another immature punk with a sense of entitlement. I like the kid as a player, but he needs to grow the **** up if he wants to succeed in this league.

cwilson21
03-23-2011, 12:02 PM
I was pretty surprised when he got a double technical. I mean, the Wolves players were getting in his face and Ridnour started it.

What the replay doesn't show (well barely shows) is Cousins push on Ridnour that was a little too close to Ridnour's head. You really think Ridnour pushed him just for the hell of it?

DerekRE_3
03-23-2011, 12:02 PM

Haha. Keep telling yourself that.

Klivlend
03-23-2011, 12:14 PM
yes, the nba is being unfair to him. What he has done in the NBA? He's gotten ejected for hardly anything. He got the reputation from high school and college, but he's in the NBA now. He should get to start with a clean slate so screw this "repeat offender" crap.

Well this is ********. How could this possible be a tech?

Lake_Show2416
03-23-2011, 12:24 PM

:laugh:

NJ Raven
03-23-2011, 12:29 PM
It's a shame he's such a headcase. He's young so he can mature, but if he doesn't he's going to be a huge waste of talent.

ewing
03-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Eh he was out of line this time. Should have stopped after the first push. He just needs time. The talent and will is there. And he's not gonna get suspended, he played last night

This. Demarcus is a beast.

Hustla23
03-23-2011, 12:34 PM
If he gets suspended, then so should Ridnour.

Ridnour shoved him seemingly almost for no reason at all. What the **** was that?

It would be ridiculous to suspend him after he didn't even deserve to get ejected.

The NBA administrators are such morons; it's unbelievable.

JeffG20
03-23-2011, 12:59 PM

The kid was removed from a plane for fighting with a team mate, kicked out of practice on a few occasions. He hasent exactly been a model citizen in the NBA. Dudes a headcase

Trace
03-23-2011, 01:15 PM
As cliche as this sounds...You have to give respect to earn respect.

chicago lulz
03-23-2011, 01:23 PM
meh for those complaining, if he would ditch the ****** attitude and focused on solidifying his skills, imagine how beastly he would be. I have no problem with what the NBA did. he's been a headcase many a times this season.

fadedmario
03-23-2011, 03:23 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/rookies/rankings?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fplayers%2frookies%2frankings

Keep lying to yourself - Cousins is on his way to being the next Eddy Curry

fadedmario
03-23-2011, 03:24 PM
:laugh:

Cousins isn't even top five anymore... :facepalm:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/rookies/rankings?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fplayers%2frookies%2frankings

jrm2054
03-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Cousins is a great prospect but will never turn in to anything the way he handles himself

DerekRE_3
03-23-2011, 03:42 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Keep lying to yourself - Cousins is on his way to being the next Eddy Curry

Yeah forgive me if I ignore what espn says.

Jenceman
03-23-2011, 04:00 PM

He could be right you know. Cousins is grossly inefficient for a big man. That FG% is gross.

Monroe Offensive Win Shares: 3.5
Cousins? -1.7

Monroe Defensive Win Shares: 1.5
Cousins? 2.3 (Nice, I didn't see him a that good of a defensive player)

Win Shares: Monroe's 5.0 and 0.130/48 versus Cousin's 0.5 and 0.013/48

Monroe also has a higher PER: 17.4 to 14.3

Cousins does have a nice little upperhand in the rebounding department, hi rebounding % is 17.5 to Monroe's 16.1, but Monroe absolutely destroys him in TO% and both EFG and TS%.

To sum it up, Cousins is far too inefficient for my liking. His FG% would be considered decent for a guard, yet it's absolutely atrocious for a big man, and he turns the ball over too much. Overall it seems Monroe is the better player, although Cousins has the higher ceiling if he can get his head on straight. He's a *******, albeit a talented one.

DerekRE_3
03-23-2011, 04:36 PM
He could be right you know. Cousins is grossly inefficient for a big man. That FG% is gross.

Monroe Offensive Win Shares: 3.5
Cousins? -1.7

Monroe Defensive Win Shares: 1.5
Cousins? 2.3 (Nice, I didn't see him a that good of a defensive player)

Win Shares: Monroe's 5.0 and 0.130/48 versus Cousin's 0.5 and 0.013/48

Monroe also has a higher PER: 17.4 to 14.3

Cousins does have a nice little upperhand in the rebounding department, hi rebounding % is 17.5 to Monroe's 16.1, but Monroe absolutely destroys him in TO% and both EFG and TS%.

To sum it up, Cousins is far too inefficient for my liking. His FG% would be considered decent for a guard, yet it's absolutely atrocious for a big man, and he turns the ball over too much. Overall it seems Monroe is the better player, although Cousins has the higher ceiling if he can get his head on straight. He's a *******, albeit a talented one.

If I was in front of a computer I could show why it's not fair to compare the efficiency of Monroe and Cousins.

Jenceman
03-23-2011, 04:43 PM
If I was in front of a computer I could show why it's not fair to compare the efficiency of Monroe and Cousins.

Let me guess, because Cousins is used more? Oh well, his efficiency is still ****. What's the point of pounding it into a big man when he shoots only 42% from the field?

bmd1101
03-23-2011, 07:20 PM

Atleast they didnt move the team 2000 miles away.

DerekRE_3
03-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Let me guess, because Cousins is used more? Oh well, his efficiency is still ****. What's the point of pounding it into a big man when he shoots only 42% from the field?

That's another thing, the Kings give the ball to Cousins a lot in the high post and elbow extended, not the low block. Because of his passing, they like to do that, but it doesn't put Cousins where he is most effective scoring. The Kings are asking a ton of Cousins this season. In fact, no 20 year old has been used as much as Cousins has been this year. The Kings are using the trial by fire approach with him. While there are growing pains now, it will get him used to have an offense run through him in the future.

His usage percentage is 27.9%, which is the highest of all rookies this season and is among the highest in the league. Greg Monroe's usage is 15.18, almost half of Cousins. He's not asked to nearly as much, which helps him be more efficient.

Cousins is also the lowest assisted PF/C in the entire league if you take away players that have only played a handful of games. The league average of assisted baskets for Centers in the NBA is 63.6%. For PF's it is 68%. Cousins is assisted on only 34% of his baskets. He's having to do a lot by himself, and it's a product of the Kings offensive system. He doesn't get many easy baskets since the offense runs through him. When he gets the ball, he's usually looking to hit a cutter, and if that isn't there he's supposed to go to work on the block or kick the ball back out if there is time.

Cousins may not have the stats, but his combination of size and skill is undeniable. He has the feet, the hands, and the body to be scary good. The guy's 20 years old, he's not even close to being a complete product, and his ceiling is miles higher than Monroe's. The point of still giving him the ball a lot is to develop him. The Kings view him as a future franchise big man that you can run an offense through because of his skill set. The best way to develop him into that is to let him do it in games, even if he isn't ready to yet.

Arch Stanton
03-23-2011, 07:31 PM
I wonder if he's drinking before the games like Ron Artest used to do? I'm just waiting for him to charge into the stands FOR THE WRONG REASONS.

Punk
03-23-2011, 07:46 PM
He deserved it. The push wasn't that bad and if he had a problem with it, he should have said something to Luke instead of pushing THREE guys.

If you didn't like what Luke did then simply complain to the refs atleast but he basically wanted to start a fight and that was very clear. He's worse than Rasheed Wallace. Atleast Sheed loved his teammates, I saw DeMarcus getting an attitude with Marcus Thorton over a mishap when Marcus just started playing for the Kings. You do not treat a new teammate coming into a new system that way.

Ebbs
03-23-2011, 08:27 PM
I wish basketball had another brawl like the DET/IND one. quality entertainement lol.

Sync
03-23-2011, 08:32 PM
How about he stops being an idiot every game causing problems, when will he ever grow up, and just stop.

Ebbs
03-23-2011, 08:48 PM
It's been not even one season ^. . . Artest is still a d-bag

Hustlenomics
03-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Rasheed retired so Cousins can take his place as the hothead of the league

KnicksorBust
03-24-2011, 07:31 AM
That's another thing, the Kings give the ball to Cousins a lot in the high post and elbow extended, not the low block. Because of his passing, they like to do that, but it doesn't put Cousins where he is most effective scoring. The Kings are asking a ton of Cousins this season. In fact, no 20 year old has been used as much as Cousins has been this year. The Kings are using the trial by fire approach with him. While there are growing pains now, it will get him used to have an offense run through him in the future.

His usage percentage is 27.9%, which is the highest of all rookies this season and is among the highest in the league. Greg Monroe's usage is 15.18, almost half of Cousins. He's not asked to nearly as much, which helps him be more efficient.

Cousins is also the lowest assisted PF/C in the entire league if you take away players that have only played a handful of games. The league average of assisted baskets for Centers in the NBA is 63.6%. For PF's it is 68%. Cousins is assisted on only 34% of his baskets. He's having to do a lot by himself, and it's a product of the Kings offensive system. He doesn't get many easy baskets since the offense runs through him. When he gets the ball, he's usually looking to hit a cutter, and if that isn't there he's supposed to go to work on the block or kick the ball back out if there is time.

Cousins may not have the stats, but his combination of size and skill is undeniable. He has the feet, the hands, and the body to be scary good. The guy's 20 years old, he's not even close to being a complete product, and his ceiling is miles higher than Monroe's. The point of still giving him the ball a lot is to develop him. The Kings view him as a future franchise big man that you can run an offense through because of his skill set. The best way to develop him into that is to let him do it in games, even if he isn't ready to yet.

This is why this guy is on my "do not skip" list everytime he posts. Cousins is a flat out stud. That Kings team has a higher ceiling than 85% of the league right now. I'm wondering what they decide to do with guys like Dalembert and Thornton moving forward.

FarOutIos
03-24-2011, 07:59 AM
This is why this guy is on my "do not skip" list everytime he posts. Cousins is a flat out stud. That Kings team has a higher ceiling than 85% of the league right now. I'm wondering what they decide to do with guys like Dalembert and Thornton moving forward.

The Maloofs already stated that Sammy D will be part of this team in the future. The guy is a perfect role player to have on your team for the playoffs.

I think they traded Landry for Thornton under the assumption that he will also be on the team next year.

I agree that this team has potential to be really good next year. With a healthy Evans, and another year of experience for players like Casspi, Thompson, Cousins and Thronton... the team is only a couple of pieces away from the playoffs.

With a high draft pick and a good free agent pick up, I think the playoffs are an easy expectation. Too bad they wont be here in Sac when it all happens.

DerekRE_3
03-24-2011, 09:45 AM

They have said they would like Dalembert back, but obviously it depends on the price. If the Heat are smart they will send an MLE offer his way (if it even exists by then) and if I'm Dalembert it would be tough to say no. He's a perfect fit for them.

I'm sure the Kings would love to have Thornton back, and under the current CBA he is a restricted free agent. I can see him getting a Wes Matthews type deal this offseason. Luckily, Tyreke Evans is probably for Friday's game so we can see how Thornton and Reke fare together very soon.

hgtiger32
03-24-2011, 09:53 AM
wow ejected for pushing? thats kinda ******

KnicksorBust
03-24-2011, 10:49 AM
The Maloofs already stated that Sammy D will be part of this team in the future. The guy is a perfect role player to have on your team for the playoffs.

I think they traded Landry for Thornton under the assumption that he will also be on the team next year.

I agree that this team has potential to be really good next year. With a healthy Evans, and another year of experience for players like Casspi, Thompson, Cousins and Thronton... the team is only a couple of pieces away from the playoffs.

With a high draft pick and a good free agent pick up, I think the playoffs are an easy expectation. Too bad they wont be here in Sac when it all happens.

They have said they would like Dalembert back, but obviously it depends on the price. If the Heat are smart they will send an MLE offer his way (if it even exists by then) and if I'm Dalembert it would be tough to say no. He's a perfect fit for them.

I'm sure the Kings would love to have Thornton back, and under the current CBA he is a restricted free agent. I can see him getting a Wes Matthews type deal this offseason. Luckily, Tyreke Evans is probably for Friday's game so we can see how Thornton and Reke fare together very soon.

With Udrih, Thornton, and Evans who starts and at what position? I thought Garcia was turning into a solid player too. How's he doing coming back from injury?

DerekRE_3
03-24-2011, 10:57 AM
With Udrih, Thornton, and Evans who starts and at what position? I thought Garcia was turning into a solid player too. How's he doing coming back from injury?

Garcia is solid, not a starting caliber SF though. That's the Kings problem at the SF spot. Neither Casspi or Garcia is starting caliber.

I like Beno, he's very nice offensive player, but his defense is a liability. He tries, but he doesn't have the footspeed to keep up with most pgs. I've heard westphal say he wants to try Beno, Thornton, and Reke together. Reke has the size, strength and length at 6'6 220 and a 7 foot wingspan to play the 3. I can see that working depending on the opposing match ups. Basically the Kings need a SF, Tyreke to keep developing at the pg spot, and a good compliment to put next to Cousins if Dalembert leaves.

Mile High Champ
03-24-2011, 11:12 AM
Cousins simply has a lot of growing up to do. His maturity level is that of a 15 teen year old kid. He is very talented and is obviously a big part of the Kings future but when a player lacks the responsibility and maturity he does at the age of 20, I find it a bit concerning. His tempter and attitude both need to be adjusted or he will struggle to develop and of course reach their full potential going forward.

KnicksorBust
03-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Garcia is solid, not a starting caliber SF though. That's the Kings problem at the SF spot. Neither Casspi or Garcia is starting caliber.

I like Beno, he's very nice offensive player, but his defense is a liability. He tries, but he doesn't have the footspeed to keep up with most pgs. I've heard westphal say he wants to try Beno, Thornton, and Reke together. Reke has the size, strength and length at 6'6 220 and a 7 foot wingspan to play the 3. I can see that working depending on the opposing match ups. Basically the Kings need a SF, Tyreke to keep developing at the pg spot, and a good compliment to put next to Cousins if Dalembert leaves.

So in your mind next year's starting 5 should look like this:

PG - Tyreke Evans
SG - Marcus Thornton
SF - Draft Pick
PF - Demarcus Cousins
C - Samuel Dalembert

If so I'm trying to think what type of SF would fit with those 4 other players. Prince seems like he'd be a great fit. Like a Gerald Wallace/Josh Smith type could also work. It seems like the King's success is highly dependent on Evans and Cousins take those big leaps forward. I believe they both can. I was incredibly high on Tyreke's rookie year. I just saw him repeatedly get to the basket at will and his passing is solid. Get that jumper and defense on point and I think we're lookin at a Top 10 Player.

Mile High Champ
03-24-2011, 11:26 AM
So in your mind next year's starting 5 should look like this:

PG - Tyreke Evans
SG - Marcus Thornton
SF - Draft Pick
PF - Demarcus Cousins
C - Samuel Dalembert

If so I'm trying to think what type of SF would fit with those 4 other players. Prince seems like he'd be a great fit. Like a Gerald Wallace/Josh Smith type could also work. It seems like the King's success is highly dependent on Evans and Cousins take those big leaps forward. I believe they both can. I was incredibly high on Tyreke's rookie year. I just saw him repeatedly get to the basket at will and his passing is solid. Get that jumper and defense on point and I think we're lookin at a Top 10 Player.

Samuel Dalembert is a FA so he is for sure not going back to the Kings. I think Cousins will be the center going forward and they will need to find a PF through the draft possibly.

tyfreaks brotha
03-24-2011, 07:30 PM
He is so ****ing immature. I think it could be good the League is hard with him, because he has to get rid of that cockiness and immature behavior. That won't take him anywhere. He has talent. But, I predict he will have major problems in the NBA when he won't get his mind on playing ball and not fighting with half of the Wolves Team or whoever. Even KG is not that stupid. I highly dislike Cousins, because he hurts his team, his teammates, his franchise and the fans of the Kings with **** like that. He's not a bad boy gangster. No one of the his opponent players have respect. He thinks KG, Shaq, D12 or even Josh Smith or Horford or Perkins or Bynum "fear" him ? He looks like a dang kid.

LET THE BALL DO THE TALKING !

Stupid post of the week in the bag. He obviously pushed him because he got pushed first. How the hell is he immature?!?!?!?!?!? Seriously tell me.

tyfreaks brotha
03-24-2011, 07:31 PM

:crazy:

Sactown
03-24-2011, 07:46 PM
DMC will be in the allstar game in 2 years and he will be the best center in the league in 5.. There is no doubt he has the talent and size to do so..

championships
03-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Haha So all someone has to do is push him, so he loses his little temper, Shoves a few players and gets ejected. Sounds like a gameplan if he ever gets to play in the playoffs. "Just push him and we can get him ejected".

mrblisterdundee
03-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Yes - the NBA is being unfair to DeMarcus Cousins; just like the media has always been unfair to Russel Crowe and Mel Gibson.

hyb152
03-25-2011, 01:14 AM
How about he stops being an idiot every game causing problems, when will he ever grow up, and just stop.

Shut up. You clearly have no understanding and you're just generalizing. You're also blowing things out of proportion. My advice to you is don't speak unless you have all the facts and info. You clearly don't know completely what you're talking about.

MalZee24
03-25-2011, 01:17 AM
Shut up. You clearly have no understanding and you're just generalizing. You're also blowing things out of proportion. My advice to you is don't speak unless you have all the facts and info. You clearly don't know completely what you're talking about.

x2

Arch Stanton
03-25-2011, 01:27 AM
Don't really know why this is a thread. Don't be an idiot and then you'll stay in the game.
D. Cousins is asking for it. Is he trying to be Hunter S. Thompson of basketball? That may be heroic in his eyes... Although, I'm pretty sure Cousins has no idea who Thompson is or does Cousin have a drug affinity. But he has a target on him. Like in that Seinfeld Episode when Elaine was trying to get a Doctors apt but no Doctor would take her seriously because of her past DIFFICULT history. That's what D. Cousin has -- a DIFFICULT HISTORY. Stop being a douche and fighting then maybe people will take you seriously.

Arch Stanton
03-25-2011, 01:29 AM
Cousins is like a drunk who got a DUI. He's got the party plates on his car. It's time to drive a new car. You big dummy!

buch88
03-25-2011, 01:34 AM

x2

x3

KG2TB
03-25-2011, 02:08 AM
All you have in life is your reputation. Cousins has an awful rep. That's why criminal record, tax history, credit etc will always follow you and if you get in a jam will be weighed on heavily. He has a lot of talent, I'd hate to see him not put it all together because of a poor mentality.