PDA

View Full Version : Bucks' Redd planning for Friday return

Gators123
03-23-2011, 12:10 AM
http://www.nba.com/2011/news/03/22/redd-bucks.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Milwaukee Bucks guard Michael Redd participated in practice Tuesday and is planning to play Friday in New York after missing the last 14 months following knee surgery.

"It was fun,'' Redd said of his first five-on-five practice since the injury. "I've got to get into the rhythm of playing basketball. This is my training camp right here.''

Redd says he feels good, but will not play in Milwaukee's game on Wednesday night against Sacramento. Redd took the team's last road trip and mimicked the routine of the NBA travel schedule, working out in the morning and again at night while the team played.

Coach Scott Skiles said Redd is in excellent condition. Redd tore ligaments in the same left knee each of the previous two seasons, most recently in January 2010 after just 18 games back from the first injury.

"You can't tell he's missed any time in all in regard to his conditioning because during his rehab process he's done a lot of working out,'' Skiles said. "It's just a matter of him getting his timing back, things like that, relearning the things we're trying to do.''

Redd says he lost 25 pounds during his rehabilitation and is still working on his timing and jump shot.

His return is coming at a key point late in the season for both the team and his career after spending a franchise-record 11 years with the Bucks.

Entering Tuesday's games, Milwaukee is two games behind Indiana for the final spot in the Eastern Conference playoffs while Redd is in the final year of a maximum contract and needs time on the court to show he's fully recovered from both injuries when he enters free agency.

"We're excited to be playing for something at the end of the season. We're right there in the playoff hunt, trying to do our best to get some wins,'' said Redd, who has no expectations on how many minutes he may play. "I just want to do my part to help the team win.''

Milwaukee also hopes that forward Drew Gooden (left foot plantar fasciitis) returns in the coming days. He practiced Tuesday for the first time since the team announced Feb. 2 he'd miss four to six weeks. Gooden has missed a total of 43 games in his first year with the Bucks because of the injury.

"He obviously had a bottom of the foot injury,'' Skiles said. "He's got some conditioning things he's got to get through.''

bigmac8675
03-23-2011, 12:45 AM
I give it a week before he is back on the Injury report.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-23-2011, 02:21 AM

maybe, but he's done playing great basketball

GoatMilk
03-23-2011, 02:22 AM
oh yeah, I remember him.

Black-Mamba-24
03-23-2011, 02:28 AM

dont say :mad: stuff like that , he was a sweet player

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-23-2011, 02:44 AM
dont say :mad: stuff like that , he was a sweet player

keyword:was

JPHX
03-23-2011, 02:49 AM
http://www.tributes.com/show/Michael-Redd-86037593

thought he died. oh well good for him.

iggypop123
03-23-2011, 02:50 AM
seems like the knicks just cant catch a break

Black-Mamba-24
03-23-2011, 03:05 AM
keyword:was

yeh i no and he still can , its all about work ethic

MJ-BULLS
03-23-2011, 03:11 AM
good for him. Hopefully he can now stay healthy and produce for his team.

Always been a fan of his.

Ni55anpat
03-23-2011, 03:34 AM
I wish well for him!

ElMarroAfamado
03-23-2011, 03:36 AM
whatever happened to him

JJ_JKidd
03-23-2011, 03:46 AM
Who's this guy again?

MOST
03-23-2011, 04:54 AM
Good to hear

Bruno
03-23-2011, 06:17 AM
Good for Redd. He's been working a long time to get to this point; hopefully he can have a smooth final ten games, stay strong and healthy over the summer, and be ready to pass a physical in August or September.

He's in the final year of his contract with the Bucks (18.3 million); if he can put on a good workout he might be able to convince a few teams to offer him the MLE. Will he be looking for a payday or is he gona go to a contender?

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/milwaukee.htm

Hawkeye15
03-23-2011, 09:00 AM
Good for Redd. He's been working a long time to get to this point; hopefully he can have a smooth final ten games, stay strong and healthy over the summer, and be ready to pass a physical in August or September.

He's in the final year of his contract with the Bucks (18.3 million); if he can put on a good workout he might be able to convince a few teams to offer him the MLE. Will he be looking for a payday or is he gona go to a contender?

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/milwaukee.htm

yeppers. Obviously Milwaukee will probably have no reason to resign him after the money he has taken from them, but if he can somehow stay healthy, you bet he will be picked up by someone. His best days are obviously behind him, but a shooter is a shooter.

Hopefully he can pull a Grant Hill and stay healthy thru the twighlight of his career.

DwayneMVPwade
03-23-2011, 09:20 AM
good for him

Young and Stupid
03-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Michael is my cousin, so I've personally witnessed some of his rehab efforts; he was pushing himself extremely far (not that most players don't) and I'm really hoping that he can at least stay healthy for the remainer for the season.

It's such a shame that injuries have essentially ruined his career, he's one of the better guys I've met (of course, I'm biased) and he really could have been a good player (consistently).

blacknell
03-23-2011, 10:36 AM
he will be out in a few weeks

E.O.21
03-23-2011, 04:33 PM
WOW 14 months

FlakeyFool
03-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Michael is my cousin, so I've personally witnessed some of his rehab efforts; he was pushing himself extremely far (not that most players don't) and I'm really hoping that he can at least stay healthy for the remainer for the season.

It's such a shame that injuries have essentially ruined his career, he's one of the better guys I've met (of course, I'm biased) and he really could have been a good player (consistently).

Just cause the guys black doesn't make him your cousin.

jrm2054
03-23-2011, 07:28 PM
so he'll play like 10 games then be done for the year

dodie53
03-23-2011, 08:03 PM
the suns should sign him when he becomes a FA.
hehe

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Oh that's what happened to him.

koetravis
03-23-2011, 10:09 PM

hahahahaha thats great!
but im glad he is healthy

netsgiantsyanks
03-23-2011, 10:20 PM

lol.

Young and Stupid
03-23-2011, 11:33 PM

:laugh2: What?

Khalifa21
03-23-2011, 11:48 PM
I would love him to show a bit of game and then for my Knicks to snap him up really cheaply this offseason to have him coming off the bench to provide shooting and scoring.

Geargo Wallace
03-23-2011, 11:51 PM

Michael Redd is black?

hgtiger32
03-24-2011, 12:17 AM
This is good news. Before the season started I didn't want him playing when he got healthy because he would throw the chemistry off and the Bucks have played better without him. However, with our struggles at shooting, anyone who can put the ball in the hoop will help

plus rumor has it that he dropped about 20 pounds and says he's in the best shape of his life

Mile High Champ
03-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Anybody really care that he is back? If I were Redd, I would be concerned for my personal safety in Milwaukee considering how he has cost that franchise.

Hawkeye15
03-24-2011, 11:28 AM
well, he is trying to showcase himself over the last handful of games so that teams may reach out to him this summer.

Mile High Champ
03-24-2011, 11:30 AM
well, he is trying to showcase himself over the last handful of games so that teams may reach out to him this summer.

True and I wonder which teams will be looking at him next year.. If I were the Spurs, maybe take a chance on him to provide some extra offense.

Hawkeye15
03-24-2011, 11:32 AM
True and I wonder which teams will be looking at him next year.. If I were the Spurs, maybe take a chance on him to provide some extra offense.

I would love my Wolves to sign him to a small deal, but I would think he may be looking at contenders only at this stage

Avenged
03-24-2011, 11:32 AM
I had forgotten about this guy. Wouldn't expect too much out of his return, although it would be good to see him actually stay on the court even if it is for limited minutes.

Mile High Champ
03-24-2011, 11:35 AM
I would love my Wolves to sign him to a small deal, but I would think he may be looking at contenders only at this stage

Yeah, I think that will indeed be the case. Orlando could be in the mix if J-Rich is not resigned and could pose a very cheap alternative. A lot of teams could jump at him if he has a good finish to the season. Though, he is stuck behind some good players like Salmons & Delfino so his minutes will probably be next to nothing.

Hawkeye15
03-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Yeah, I think that will indeed be the case. Orlando could be in the mix if J-Rich is not resigned and could pose a very cheap alternative. A lot of teams could jump at him if he has a good finish to the season. Though, he is stuck behind some good players like Salmons & Delfino so his minutes will probably be next to nothing.

Redd will have to decide if he wants to accept a bench role as well. No way a contender banks on him as their starting SG, where a team like the Knicks for example, could offer him a chance to start.

Like I said, would love the Wolves to offer him a 2 year deal for small money, but I doubt he would be interested in his current career stage

Iron24th
03-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Don't know if he can bring something again.

Mile High Champ
03-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Redd will have to decide if he wants to accept a bench role as well. No way a contender banks on him as their starting SG, where a team like the Knicks for example, could offer him a chance to start.

Like I said, would love the Wolves to offer him a 2 year deal for small money, but I doubt he would be interested in his current career stage

What do you think he will get?

I am banking at a 3 year deal at 10-12 Million. I think his ego is too big to take anything less after coming off that mammoth deal.