PDA

View Full Version : Which team do you want to face in the Playoffs?

John Walls Era
03-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Out of all the realistic possibilities, what team do you want to see face your team in the first round of the playoffs?

John Walls Era
03-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Here are the standings in case you weren't sure: LINK (http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-22-2011, 06:39 PM
Memphis in the 1st round

hugepatsfan
03-22-2011, 06:39 PM
I want BOS to play IND in round 1, ATL in round 2, and I don't care either way for CHI or MIA in the ECF. If they get to the finals, I'd like to see anyone but LA. Playing SA wouldn't be great either because they'd have HC, but I still think we match up better than w/ LA.

John Walls Era
03-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Memphis in the 1st round

too bad you'll be getting the Rockets :)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-22-2011, 07:24 PM
too bad you'll be getting the Rockets :)

Hayes will have nightmares guarding bynum:speechless:

heattiltheend94
03-22-2011, 07:35 PM
Well in reality......
Knicks then Celtics then Bulls then Lakers. (the heat will most likely not make it to finals, but this is hypothetical). This would be reall tough, but all of them would be great series

Lakers + Giants
03-22-2011, 07:48 PM
I want lakers to face the hornets, I don't want them to face the blazers. We are 3-0 against both teams this year, but playing at the Rose Garden is always tough.

Im hoping for:

1st round: Hornets

2nd round: Mavs (I know the 6th seed would be better but we need a good challenge like last year vs OKC)

3rd round: Thunder (just cuz we have HCA vs them and not Spurs)

Finals: Anybody but Miami, they are the only team I feel that lakers wouldn't beat.

FuriousJatt
anyone willing to just roll over for the lakers lol

on a serious note: hornets, dallas, sa, celtics.

DLeeicious
8th seed (doesn't matter who in the East) then Atlanta then Boston then San Antonio

Tony_Starks
03-22-2011, 07:58 PM
I want the Lakers to face Dallas. We always end up not having to play Dallas and I think the winner goes to the finals.

Lake_Show2416
03-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Out of the realistic possibilities, I think the easiest road would be Hornets, Mavs, Thunder, then the Bulls

John Walls Era
03-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Lakers do not want Portland. Whats their record at the Rose Garden?

Kobes a Killer
03-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Doesn't matter who we play, I know this won't be in the first round, but I want Dallas bad! Then I want to beat San An in the WCF. Then I want to beat the Bulls or the Celtics in the finals

Kobes a Killer
03-22-2011, 08:23 PM

More like Portland doesn't want us. What's our record overall. Who cares about the Rose Garden record, as long as we have homecourt against them we win no matter what. We'll probably win in 5 anyways if we play them

John Walls Era
03-22-2011, 08:31 PM
More like Portland doesn't want us. What's our record overall. Who cares about the Rose Garden record, as long as we have homecourt against them we win no matter what. We'll probably win in 5 anyways if we play them

Don't play with fire... but then again the Lakers already won 2 years in a row so w.e.

Lakers + Giants
03-22-2011, 08:33 PM

We've actually won 2 straight at portland, but yea, I want anybody but them in the 1st round. They also Have only won 1 at staples in the last 7 years.

Bruno
03-22-2011, 08:34 PM
(Laker-fan)

I hope the Lakers get to see the Hornets in the first round, and Dallas in the second round. Hopefully S.A. and OKC will wear each-out out before the Lakers have to meet them in the WCF :laugh2:

Assuming the top four teams in the west finish w/ the same seating they are at now (SA-LAL-DAL-OKC), and no first round upsets, LAL and Dallas will match up in round two.

The Lakers and Mavericks have never once met in the playoffs during the Kobe/Dirk eras. Shocking but true, I hope we get to see it, it will be a good series.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Pacers because we would have the one seed.

KnicksorBust
03-22-2011, 09:30 PM
As a Knicks fan, I hope we get the Bulls. The Celtics own us and their end of game execution is just too good. LeBron, with the exception of that one loss, has owned the Knicks his whole career and thrives at the Garden. Meanwhile we've beaten the Bulls twice, they've had to deal with a lot of injuries, and Derrick Rose is the most unproven star player in the league.

John Walls Era
03-23-2011, 01:57 AM
^Knicks have enough star power to upset almost any team.

Raph12
03-23-2011, 02:00 AM
I like the way we're currently set up; Hawks, Bulls and then Celts... Heat pose the most matchup probs for us so it's about as good as it can get atm.

ChI_ShIzzLe
03-23-2011, 02:13 AM
As a Knicks fan, I hope we get the Bulls. The Celtics own us and their end of game execution is just too good. LeBron, with the exception of that one loss, has owned the Knicks his whole career and thrives at the Garden. Meanwhile we've beaten the Bulls twice, they've had to deal with a lot of injuries, and Derrick Rose is the most unproven star player in the league.

Can't believe theres still Knicks fans who are living off of those 2 games :laugh:

Get past that already, no disrespect to the Knicks but they're nowhere near the Bulls zipcode right now. Playoffs won't be any different because Rose raises his game to another level in the playoffs just like any other star in the league as evidenced by his first 2 seasons. Knicks just have too many problems right now. It'll be a 5-game series at the most.

Baller1
03-23-2011, 02:13 AM
Definitely New Orleans, unfortunately that's not gonna happen. I just want to avoid Portland though, I'd rather just let Dallas choke and lose in the first round again.

Hustlenomics
03-23-2011, 02:29 AM
Gimmie the bulls,heat, and Lakers

abe_froman
03-23-2011, 02:34 AM
doesnt matter to me,though i get that most fans on here want to face us(bulls)still thinking/hoping it'll be easy...which is fine,be careful what you wish for

Avenged
03-23-2011, 03:16 AM
Doesn't really matter. I'm more worried about the top 3 East teams than anyone out West.

I think the Mavs matchup with the Lakers really well but we all know how they perform in the postseason.

ElMarroAfamado
03-23-2011, 03:35 AM
THe Miami Heat

bholly
03-23-2011, 03:36 AM
Hoping to sneak into 5th and see Orlando. Failing that, I'll be hoping things line up so that we see Boston. I consider Boston and Chicago the two clear top teams in the East, but we just seem to match up with Boston better than Miami, and I wouldn't enjoy dealing with the Miami media storm.

Indiana > New York > Atlanta > Orlando > Boston > Miami > Chicago are the order I'd most like to see the East playoff teams in overall.

Bruno
03-23-2011, 06:23 AM
Can't believe theres still Knicks fans who are living off of those 2 games :laugh:

Get past that already, no disrespect to the Knicks but they're nowhere near the Bulls zipcode right now. Playoffs won't be any different because Rose raises his game to another level in the playoffs just like any other star in the league as evidenced by his first 2 seasons. Knicks just have too many problems right now. It'll be a 5-game series at the most.

KorB never implied that getting past the Bulls would be easy. Only that the Knick have experienced better success against the Bulls this season than they have against Boston or Miami.

bbcmillionaire
03-23-2011, 08:41 AM
Nuggets vs thunder intrigues me

dnewguy
03-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Only team i'll like to avoid is the Celtics. We'll beat the rest....I GUARANTEE IT.

JordansBulls
03-23-2011, 09:00 AM
Indiana or Milwaukee or Charlotte in Round 1 and then Atlanta in Round 2 and then the Knicks in the ECF and then the Thunder in the finals.:D

Flash3
03-23-2011, 09:06 AM
New york.

Slimsim
03-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Atlanta

mttwlsn16
03-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Hayes will have nightmares guarding bynum:speechless:

no he wont. he completely owned blake griffin, so he will eat up bynum

Da Knicks
03-23-2011, 09:44 AM
Whoever comes, im ready for the knicks to be in the playoffs!

king4day
03-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Spurs or Lakers... hmmm

I'll pick the Spurs simply because that would mean we made the playoffs. We're 3.5 back (Memphis owns the tiebreaker over PHX) so that's my pick.

king4day
03-23-2011, 09:47 AM

If Hayes is guarding Bynum, then he (Hayes) is gonna get owned. That's a drastic height, weight, and talent difference. Especially with how Bynum is playing.

KnicksorBust
03-23-2011, 10:01 AM

No way. The Bulls should be able to win at least 2 games vs. the Knicks. I mean they would have home court advantage.

Anyway, now that I got that sarcasm out of my system. Your mindset is definately stronger against a team you've beaten than a team that crushes you. Is that even a debate? You haven't beaten us with Amar'e. 2 wins is enough momentum to swing a playoff series. Look at the Warriors and Mavs from a few years back. Mavs were the kings of the league. 67 wins. Dirk was MVP. But the Warriors had their number. Maybe we have yours this season. I'm not even saying I'd pick the Knicks but I am saying the experience of the Celtics and LeBron and Wade's history vs. the Knicks worries me a hell of a lot more.

RCarlson85
03-23-2011, 10:20 AM
If I had my choice, I would like the Heat to face the Knicks in the first round, Bulls in the 2nd round, and Celtics in the ECF.

Lake_Show2416
03-23-2011, 01:03 PM

Bynum can do more then dunk a ball, right now Blake is the 4th best big in LA.. so get off the tip

PhillyFaninLA
03-23-2011, 01:27 PM
I hope we (Sixers) sneak past Atlanta and end up playing Orlando, aside from them Boston because we beat them once and lost twice by a total of 5 points.

Heater4life
03-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Any match up seems like excting basketball honestly. Miami v New York, Miami v Boston, Miami v Chicago. I really wouldnt want the "easier" route, if were talented/skilled enough to make it all the way great. If we dont have what it takes, then lets go fishing. I cant wait for the playoffs though!

Redbull
03-23-2011, 04:39 PM
If we get the #1 seed..

1st round- Bucks or Bobcats, Right now it's the Pacers though.

2nd Round- Hawks

3rd Round- Boston

Finals- Out of the top west teams ill say the Mavs.

stejay
03-23-2011, 04:41 PM
I wouldnt say i'd Like to meet anyone to be honest

Dade County
03-23-2011, 05:50 PM
76's ... Bulls... Boston... Dallas.

We win it all :D don't have hate in your heart, you wont go to heaven :p