PDA

View Full Version : Donnie Walsh heading Back to Indiana? Do the Knicks want him Back?

Mile High Champ
03-22-2011, 03:43 PM
For whom the task for overseeing Anthonyís transformation will fall is still uncertain in New York. Walsh still hasnít had a substantive conversation about his future with Dolan, Garden sources say. Indiana Pacers owner Herb Simon wonít run president Larry Bird out of Indiana; heíll let him make a decision on his future. Nevertheless, Simon still adores Walsh, and the prospect of Walsh returning to his wife and family in Indianapolis does carry appeal. And thatís especially true given the autonomy for the Knicks job thatís eroded over the past 18 months with the re-emergence of Thomas.

The Knicks have until April 30 to exercise the option on Walshís final contract year, but this has already gone a long way without resolution. Bird would probably have to exit the Pacers for Walsh to return, but in that scenario several league sources believe Walsh would enlist Chris Mullin to join him as the Pacers GM.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_carmelo_anthony_wilts_under_burden_of_ carrying_knicks_032111

I would love to see Walsh return to Indiana, what do you thin guys? Is Walsh coming back to New York for the foreseeable future?

Mile High Champ
03-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Do the Knicks want him back?

Jetsguy
03-22-2011, 04:07 PM
I do want him back, IMO what he did to get this team under the cap and to add not 1 but 2 top 15 players in the NBA is nothing short of amazing considering the mess this franchise was in.

hotpotato1092
03-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Let the record show that all of the Knicks fans, players, coaches, and minority owners want him back. The only person who doesn't is Dolan. It's ridiculous, WHY THE **** DOES HE THINK BRINGING BACK ISIAH IS A GOOD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm convinced Isiah has serious blackmail on Dolan, nobody is that stupid. If we don't bring back Walsh and rehire Isiah I'm becoming a Nets fan.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-22-2011, 04:18 PM
If Isiah comes back:facepalm:

FuriousJatt
03-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Let the record show that all of the Knicks fans, players, coaches, and minority owners want him back. The only person who doesn't is Dolan. It's ridiculous, WHY THE **** DOES HE THINK BRINGING BACK ISIAH IS A GOOD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm convinced Isiah has serious blackmail on Dolan, nobody is that stupid. If we don't bring back Walsh and rehire Isiah I'm becoming a Nets fan.

WTH? why the knicks bringing back that mess?

NYYCowboys
03-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Jim Dolan has got to be one of the worst owners in professional sports. He got rich off his father's fortune, and got handed the Knicks into his lap. I give him credit for being willing to dole out money to players, but there is no way this buffoon if qualified to run an NBA franchise, and even considering firing Donnie and brining back Isiah proves this.

AddiX
03-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Knicks fans want him back, it's the owner and the coach we want gone.

NYKalltheway
03-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Watch the Pacers return to their 90s status while the Knicks get CP3 and struggle to have a normal roster...

Evolution23
03-22-2011, 04:47 PM

This

nystandup
03-22-2011, 04:54 PM

this x 100000000090000000900880000000.....get the point?

Punk
03-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Walsh is a class act. He stays without a doubt.

It's just the D'antoni situation that might cause a problem.

Da Knicks
03-22-2011, 05:25 PM
this x 100000000090000000900880000000.....get the point?

every knick fan feels the same way.

ewmania
03-22-2011, 05:52 PM
yeah knicks fans, we love walsh

but we hate Mike d'antoni and dolan

SteveNash
03-22-2011, 06:02 PM
I do want him back, IMO what he did to get this team under the cap and to add not 1 but 2 top 15 players in the NBA is nothing short of amazing considering the mess this franchise was in.

Chauncey Billups while still a good player isn't in the top 15 any more.

xxplayerxx23
03-22-2011, 06:11 PM

he meant stat and melo

SteveNash
03-22-2011, 06:21 PM
he meant stat and melo

2 of 12 Melo :confused:

goldenstater
03-22-2011, 07:09 PM
I would hope that GS would make a run at him. They drastically need someone like him in their front office. Plus who knows maybe a complete change of scenery would be right up his ally? I don't think NY is making the right move if he does leave.

76erEaglePhils
03-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Walsh deserves better than to sit on a miserable trash heap in new york.

King P
03-22-2011, 08:09 PM
I have a gut feeling Isaiah Thomas will be back.

Remember, him and Dolan are best buddies. Only reason Dolan let him go in the 1st place, was cuz everybody was calling for his head, especially after the sexual harrassment charge. But I believe that he had every intention of bringin him back in the future. Isaiah could be a broke, homeless, bum. And if he went begging for a job on the Knicks, Dolan would give him one.

Basically, as long as Dolan is running the Knicks, Thomas will always have an open spot on that team. Which is why I believe he will be back. And sooner rather than later. Hope I'm wrong though.

Daze9900
03-22-2011, 08:23 PM

talking about melo + stoudemire. :facepalm:

NYYCowboys
03-22-2011, 11:33 PM
Walsh deserves better than to sit on a miserable trash heap in new york.

We may suck now but we have a way brighter future than the 76ers so I don't really know what you're talking about.

John Walls Era
03-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Zeke! Zeke! Zeke! Lets be fair... Melo and Amare is already in place, Isaiah can't mess it up; plus I like him.

ragee
03-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Can someone please enlighten me about the reason as to why Dolan would want Thomas back and replace Walsh? Seriously, I can't think of any valid reason...

goose15
03-23-2011, 12:00 AM
keep Walsh, the Mustache gotta go..

believeinNYK
03-23-2011, 01:10 AM
Dolan :facepalm:

John Walls Era
03-23-2011, 01:23 AM
Can someone please enlighten me about the reason as to why Dolan would want Thomas back and replace Walsh? Seriously, I can't think of any valid reason...

Because Thomas is the best.

ragee
03-23-2011, 09:12 AM
Because Thomas is the best.

Yes, he is the best if you are a fan of the Nets! :laugh:

But seriously, can someone state even just one reason why?

SteveNash
03-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Yes, he is the best if you are a fan of the Nets! :laugh:

But seriously, can someone state even just one reason why?

Thomas was handed an aging crap team with no tradable assets and a massive salary. Thomas left with a young team with plenty of tradable assets.

thekmp211
03-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Thomas was handed an aging crap team with no tradable assets and a massive salary. Thomas left with a young team with plenty of tradable assets.

i'm sorry, which assets were these? jared jeffries? jerome james? eddy curry? balkman? jamal crawford? al "buckets"?

isiah can be commended for drafting a relatively unknown wilson chandler. the rest of his tenure as a coach and executive was nothing short of disastrous. not only the decisions he made, but his attitude toward the job in general. he and dolan ran a ship ripe with nepotism and recklessness.

walsh basically spent two years cleaning up the mess. despite their recent struggles, i think any rational kicks fan would have to feel ecstatic about the teams current and future prospects. two superstars, a couple young role players and enough cap to fill in the blanks.

the knicks' problems are more to do with coaching, depth and size. walsh has done a great job, and deserves to be retained. firing him would be dumb, and replacing him with isiah would be lunacy.

shep33
03-23-2011, 06:15 PM
this is sad, the guy just got them out of an absolute financial mess, and subsequently they become a playoff team, even before the Melo deal.

PJAF
03-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Nobody including Dolan said they want Isaiah back or that they don't want Walsh back.

KnicksorBust
03-23-2011, 06:26 PM

:laugh: Easily my favorite post of 2011.

Anyway of course the Knicks FANS want him back. What he has done with this roster is beyond a miracle.

SteveNash
03-23-2011, 07:31 PM
i'm sorry, which assets were these? jared jeffries? jerome james? eddy curry? balkman? jamal crawford? al "buckets"?

isiah can be commended for drafting a relatively unknown wilson chandler. the rest of his tenure as a coach and executive was nothing short of disastrous. not only the decisions he made, but his attitude toward the job in general. he and dolan ran a ship ripe with nepotism and recklessness.

walsh basically spent two years cleaning up the mess. despite their recent struggles, i think any rational kicks fan would have to feel ecstatic about the teams current and future prospects. two superstars, a couple young role players and enough cap to fill in the blanks.

the knicks' problems are more to do with coaching, depth and size. walsh has done a great job, and deserves to be retained. firing him would be dumb, and replacing him with isiah would be lunacy.

Walsh spent two years trying to clear cap space wasting picks so he could give STAT $20m a year.

Here's the crap Isiah was handed:

Washed up Allan Houston making 20 mil a year for 4 years.
Broken McDyess for 1 more year 15 mil.
KVH 3 years 45 mil
Washed up Shandon Anderson 4 years 30 mil
Washed up Howard Eisley 3 years 20 mil
Charlie Ward 6 mil
37yo Dikemo 5 mil
Washed up Clarence Weatherspoon 3 years 20 mil

Tradable Assets:
Uh Frank Williams? Michael Sweetney? McDyess' contract

Dolan's crap:
Marbury 1 year 21 mil
Curry 3 years 30 mil
Q-Rich 2 years 20 mil
Malik Rose 1 year 8 mil
Jamal Crawford 3 years 30 mil
Jerome James 2 years 12 mil
Jared Jeffries 3 years 20 mil

Tradable assets
Marbury's contract, Zach Randolph, Wilson Chandler, David Lee, Nate Robinson. Dolan also killed any trade value Curry might have had.