PDA

View Full Version : Hornets anticipating David West will opt out. Any takers?

Highlight
03-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Coach Monty Williams is anticipating that David West will opt out of his contract after the season.
West could choose not to opt out and make $7.5 million in 2011-12. But his play on the floor this season will make him worth far more than that on the open market. The rock-solid West is averaging 18.7 points, 7.6 rebounds and shooting 50.8 percent from the floor on the year.

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2011/03/new_orleans_hornets_coach_mont_33.html

He's 30 years old right now averaging 18.7 PPG and 7.6 RPG on 50 percent shooting. This will be his last big contract.

Sadds The Gr8
03-22-2011, 01:47 PM
OKC, Magic, Suns, Griz (if Randolph leaves)...

jkcronyn
03-22-2011, 01:54 PM
the pistons will overpay his *** something like 6 years 100 million

Lake_Show2416
03-22-2011, 02:07 PM
this free agent class isn't too strong ..so someone will probably over pay for him cuz he'll be one of the top guys

DenButsu
03-22-2011, 02:10 PM
No, thanks, for the Nuggets.

justinnum1
03-22-2011, 02:10 PM
He's be good on the magic.

GoatMilk
03-22-2011, 02:32 PM
nets are going to overpay
will it be enough for deron to stay?

rapjuicer06
03-22-2011, 02:34 PM
magic can't get him. oooor maybe a massive sign and trade and orlando picks up paul as well? interesting thought there. bass/nelson/redick/clark/orten probably not that great but ya never know...ok maybe you do know but yea

kblo247
03-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Nets most likely make a play for AK47 and DW imo.

He isn't worth a lot because he isn't a great rebounder (good), he isn't a great back to the basket post player, he isn't a defensive guy that anchors a team individually or on help either.

He and AK imo should be had for around 14mil total between the two of the by NJ.

twoearl
03-22-2011, 02:38 PM
The thing about David West is that I don't see him as being a rock solid number 2 on a championship team. He will want Number 2 option type money, but I really feel his role is a number 3.

He needs to be on a team that already has two stars such as OKC or maybe Dallas.

arkanian215
03-22-2011, 02:40 PM

Dunno about that. Kris Humphries has been going crazy and has been a better rebounder. Kris gets 10ish pts just off put backs and alley oops. If he ever develops that midrange jumper that'd be awesome.

nolafan33
03-22-2011, 02:42 PM
He has to opt out to get a fair deal, even if it's from the Hornets.

What I've heard though is that there is a better chance of Chris staying after next season, than David staying after this season.

kblo247
03-22-2011, 02:44 PM
^^ So he can put his hand on Dirk's jaw again, like a child? :laugh2:

DoMeFavors
03-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Yes, hes a Jersey guy and I hope Nets pick him up.

NJ Raven
03-22-2011, 03:12 PM
I'd prefer the Nets to grab Landry if he hits FA. Better rebounder, very underrated.

njnets
03-22-2011, 03:15 PM
i think he would fit perfectly on the thunder. throw him in as the offensive post with perkins as the anchor and ibaka coming off the bench. that team i think would be a title contender imo.

im not sure though if they need the money to resign westbrook though and because they gave perkins an extension. i didnt really look into the money part yet

IversonIsKrazy
03-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Thunder, Magic, and Nets would all be ideal places imo.

Magic: Would be amazing with Dwight & West surrounded by 3point shooters.
Thunder: Perkins/West/Durrant/Sefolosha/Westbrooke, with Ibaka as 6th would be almost unstoppable.
Nets: Need as much as help as they can get...

Young and Stupid
03-22-2011, 03:18 PM
If the Nets sign David West then they'll be making a big mistake. Luckily, Billy King is not Rod Thorn and has already learned his lesson from signing Samuel Dalembert to that atrocious contract.

lkingratedr
03-22-2011, 03:25 PM
i want him on the thunder that in my opinion would put them right there as title contenders and if the team wants championships i say they make it happen and make it work

kblo247
03-22-2011, 03:38 PM
I'd prefer the Nets to grab Landry if he hits FA. Better rebounder, very underrated.
:laugh2: You called Landry a better rebounder.

A lot of the guards in the league are better rebounders than him

gotoHcarolina52
03-22-2011, 03:38 PM
Look for him to sign with the Anaheim Royals of Southern California at Los Angeles.

Mile High Champ
03-22-2011, 03:39 PM
David West with Dwight Howard would look great for the Magic. I really like that idea a lot.

Geargo Wallace
03-22-2011, 03:52 PM
overpaying for PF's seems to be a trend in the NBA

PrettyBoyJ
03-22-2011, 04:02 PM
Hornets are screwed if they let him walk.. He was prob the only thing keeping CP in New Orleans... They gave up Marcus Thorton after having a good rookie year, sure he played no D but he was better then the starting 2 guard.. Chris Paul is def. getting traded if West leaves

bringinwood
03-22-2011, 04:07 PM
If the Nets sign David West then they'll be making a big mistake. Luckily, Billy King is not Rod Thorn and has already learned his lesson from signing Samuel Dalembert to that atrocious contract.

Billy King learned from Dally's contract ???

WHAT ??? Seriously ???

Prokorov made that deal go through, not Billy King...

King gave multiyear/multimillion dollar contracts to Kenny Thomas, Willie Green, and Dalembert...

He traded for Chris Webber, traded for John Salmons, and hired such wonderful coaches as Jim O'Brien, Randy Ayers, and Chris Ford...

The two good things he did during his tenure are certainly clouded by the amount of horrible things he did... He drafted Iguodala and Thaddeus Young...

Aside from that, King was the worst GM in the NBA during his tenure...

JordansBulls
03-22-2011, 04:23 PM
http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2011/03/new_orleans_hornets_coach_mont_33.html

He's 30 years old right now averaging 18.7 PPG and 7.6 RPG on 50 percent shooting. This will be his last big contract.

The Bucks could use him. If not them then a team like Indiana.

Gram
03-22-2011, 07:28 PM
the pistons will overpay his *** something like 6 years 100 million

That's funny. They won't have the room for that. :facepalm:

Gram
03-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Yes, hes a Jersey guy and I hope Nets pick him up.

Yeah they sure need someone to replace Favors. :laugh2:

Tony_Starks
03-22-2011, 07:46 PM
He'll probably opt out but I think NO will pay whatever it takes to keep him or either pull off a huge S/T ala Denver. Letting him walk for nothing in CP3's contract year would be disastrous.......

Chronz
03-22-2011, 07:48 PM
Will his game age well?

Crackadalic
03-22-2011, 07:50 PM
I can see Indy picking him up. I thing they have enough cap space to sign him.

bringbackfredex
03-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Billy King learned from Dally's contract ???

WHAT ??? Seriously ???

Prokorov made that deal go through, not Billy King...

King gave multiyear/multimillion dollar contracts to Kenny Thomas, Willie Green, and Dalembert...

He traded for Chris Webber, traded for John Salmons, and hired such wonderful coaches as Jim O'Brien, Randy Ayers, and Chris Ford...

The two good things he did during his tenure are certainly clouded by the amount of horrible things he did... He drafted Iguodala and Thaddeus Young...

Aside from that, King was the worst GM in the NBA during his tenure...

Yeah I'm going to have to agree, King is absolutely one of the worst GM's that I've seen in the four major sports. Not even Ed Wade was this bad for the Phillies, and thats saying something.

But as for West, someone will overpay him. Unfortunately he's not going to be on the cheaper side, because I would have loved him to see him in Philadelphia.

Holiday
Iguodala/Turner
Thad
Brand
West

:drool:

Heediot
03-22-2011, 07:52 PM
The thing about David West is that I don't see him as being a rock solid number 2 on a championship team. He will want Number 2 option type money, but I really feel his role is a number 3.

He needs to be on a team that already has two stars such as OKC or maybe Dallas.

OKC is pretty much the perfect match chemistry wise.

King P
03-22-2011, 07:54 PM
I personally don't wan't him him. He would be too expensive (10-12 million). Plus, he's not a great rebounder or defender. He can score, but we already for a great low-post scorer in Brook Lopez.

I would rather just bring back Kris Humphries. He's younger (26), won't command as much money (5-7 mil), and is a much better rebounder and defender.