PDA

View Full Version : Can Stern be fired in any way?

sjoerdje
03-22-2011, 12:32 PM
The talk of the past years, the lockout, will probably come.
stern talks about 700 million in pay cuts or 1/3 of the total salaries payed out.
+ a hard cap
owners should open their books, only then fair deals can be made.

stern should be above everyone, not spitting his players and coaches in the face as he has past year. (especially people with an opinion, im looking at you stan van gundy) or saying he knows where bodies are hidden to the head of the NBPA
Billy hunter.

If there is a Nba lockout, it will be negative for everyone. Everyone will lose money, the owners, the players, The league will lose money, a lot of money, the only thing stern cares about.

so my question here,

is there any way so that Stern can be fired?
is there a board? can the owners outs him?
can we trade him to china?

any suggestion?

Wade>You
03-22-2011, 01:27 PM
The owners decide who the commissioner is, and since the owners only care about profit, it's no wonder why Stern has been allowed to hold office for so long despite his low approval rating.

whitemamba33
03-22-2011, 01:30 PM
I hope not. I think he's done a great job. There are always going to be haters. I'm not under the impression that any particular person could do a better job.

sjoerdje
03-22-2011, 04:25 PM
I hope not. I think he's done a great job. There are always going to be haters. I'm not under the impression that any particular person could do a better job.

it's not that he did a bad job in the past, he did a great job! but everyone's rein comes to an end.

and in my opinion its time for stern to leave

Sly Guy
03-22-2011, 08:06 PM
the only way to remove a tyrant is through assassination.

5ass
03-22-2011, 08:17 PM

lol

ldawg
03-22-2011, 08:19 PM
I don't know him but he seem like a little prick.

Kobes a Killer
03-22-2011, 08:28 PM
He's changed reffing for the worse. If I'm wrong please tell me who is responsible for the downward spiral that is todays NBA refs so I can blame them

Chacarron
03-22-2011, 08:29 PM

That made me laugh :laugh2:

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-22-2011, 08:51 PM
How many threads have started about him lately? Anyways unless he commits a crime he can't get fired.

RenegadeRiot36
03-22-2011, 09:19 PM
The commissioner in any sport works for the owners, right. And I am assuming they are under contract. So, I guess the owners should be able to terminate his contract just like a team can fire a coach...

ldawg
03-22-2011, 11:46 PM
How many threads have started about him lately? Anyways unless he commits a crime he can't get fired.because we are getting tired of him.

godolphins
03-22-2011, 11:58 PM
the only way to remove a tyrant is through assassination.:laugh:

whitemamba33
03-23-2011, 12:09 AM
it's not that he did a bad job in the past, he did a great job! but everyone's rein comes to an end.

and in my opinion its time for stern to leave

lol well "everyone's rein comes to an end" is not enough to take away a man's job.

As much as people are going to hate on him because they think he "fixes the league" and other stupid reasons, the reasoning just isn't there.

feddi420
03-23-2011, 12:18 AM
we need to take to the streets and when gaddhafi i mean stern retaliates, the UN will strip him of his command

king4day
03-23-2011, 12:28 AM
If it means fighting for a hard cap or something to balance the league better, I don't care if there's a strike for a couple seasons. Just fix it.

This is the only league where you know, going into the season, who absolutely has 0 chance to win it all.

Rapsjaysleafs
03-23-2011, 12:40 AM
He is better than Gary Bettman at least.

NJ Raven
03-23-2011, 12:45 AM
The NBA is bleeding money. It lost over 300 million dollars last season. Something needs to be done.

mttwlsn16
03-23-2011, 01:00 AM

i will get in touch with gilbert arenas asap

DaBear
03-23-2011, 01:09 AM
A hard cap is not the way to go. No one wants to see a watered down league with every team having a star player paired with scrubs just to create "parity." Get rid of the MLE, and you'll prevent the overstacked, star loaded teams. No one will watch a bunch of crap teams playing each other. It's not our fault most small market teams suck at creating teams. The Spurs proved you can win multiple titles as a small market team. The Bulls, a big market team, drafted most of their starters.

AddiX
03-23-2011, 01:29 AM
I know how to fix it.

Cut the amount of games in regular season. It's to many games and its bad basketball and will give small market and bad teams more tv time.

Cut the amt of games in the playoffs. To win a ring you need to win 16 games, that's insane considering you can end up playing closer to 25.

Pay the players less, especially role players, these guys shouldn't be making 7-8 mill sitting on a bench.

No hard cap necessary.

Get rid of the lottery. seriously, WTF is the point of this?

Actually enforce the rules, you seriously think its a coincidence Miami had enough salary for 3 max players and they all just happened to be free agents?

Let the players play hard again, stop it with the over refereeing.

Give good teams benefits for good records. Like more TV time! There's an incentive to put together a good team that owners will pay attention to.

At the end of the day, NBA basketball, is a bad product. That's why people don't watch it anymore.

DaBear
03-23-2011, 01:41 AM
I know how to fix it.

Cut the amount of games in regular season. It's to many games and its bad basketball and will give small market and bad teams more tv time.

Cut the amt of games in the playoffs. To win a ring you need to win 16 games, that's insane considering you can end up playing closer to 25.

Pay the players less, especially role players, these guys shouldn't be making 7-8 mill sitting on a bench.

No hard cap necessary.

Get rid of the lottery. seriously, WTF is the point of this?

Actually enforce the rules, you seriously think its a coincidence Miami had enough salary for 3 max players and they all just happened to be free agents?

Let the players play hard again, stop it with the over refereeing.

Give good teams benefits for good records. Like more TV time! There's an incentive to put together a good team that owners will pay attention to.

At the end of the day, NBA basketball, is a bad product. That's why people don't watch it anymore.

So dumb teams who tank don't always get rewarded with a franchise changing player.

AddiX
03-23-2011, 01:56 AM
So dumb teams who tank don't always get rewarded with a franchise changing player.

If your team is that bad your willing to do that, you need that player more than anyone else. The amount of $ lost bombing a season is insane.

bmd1101
03-23-2011, 07:37 PM
If it means fighting for a hard cap or something to balance the league better, I don't care if there's a strike for a couple seasons. Just fix it.

This is the only league where you know, going into the season, who absolutely has 0 chance to win it all.

A strike is the last thing the NBA needs, with NFL's current situation its a chance for the NBA to make up some lost ground if the lockout starts eating into the season.

And theres plenty of other leagues that you know who isn't gonna win it all, or do teams like the Pirates always have a chance at the start of the season? lol