PDA

View Full Version : A Guide to Being Clutch Like Bryant, Fisher

kblo247
03-21-2011, 11:50 PM
link (http://www.ocregister.com/articles/fisher-292938-bryant-jackson.html)
"You could fail," Fisher said later, "but you fail more by not trying."

And there you go. That's the mind freak that Bryant and Fisher could reveal to you a time or two and then act out for you in live plays that become classic replays and it might still get lost in translation because it boils down to whether you have a personality under extreme pressure to come through pretty often or very rarely.

At this point in their careers, Bryant and Fisher have even less reason for fear.

"Experience does create a lot of situations when it allows you to think clearly," Fisher said.

The outcomes are not ensured, of course. There was one game in Denver last season when Bryant was injured that Jackson trusted Fisher to create the winning shot ... and no shot ever did get created in a Lakers loss. Bryant has missed plenty of times and taken more heat than anyone for trying to do things himself.

But they want to try.

And that's why Bryant and Fisher were standing there, plotting it out with Jackson in the timeout.

They stand up when others stay seated.

They get ready when others don't think ahead.

They assure their bosses they can do it and then go try their best.

It's an admirable way, really, for the best of us to go about any business.

Great article written about the best clutch and winning backcourt in the NBA for the last decade

GREATNESS ONE
03-22-2011, 12:00 AM
:clap::clap::clap::clap: And we Love them for it !!! It's been a pleasure having these two Clutch Leaders for what is about to be 6 Championships:win:

Purple&Gold24
03-22-2011, 12:25 AM
Two time champs......and still no respect from other fans.

Avenged
03-22-2011, 11:26 AM
.4! how epic would that be if it were to happen again in this postseason against the Spurs.

Topballs
03-23-2011, 06:03 PM
There has recently been an article about how Kobe's percentages decline in what are considered "clutch" moments, written in the midst of all the talk about kobe being such a great closer. I dont have the article anymore, and didnt look up what his % acutally is, but I would like to see the same comparison being done with other players such as Lebron, and MJ for that matter.

Bruno
03-23-2011, 06:59 PM
There has recently been an article about how Kobe's percentages decline in what are considered "clutch" moments, written in the midst of all the talk about kobe being such a great closer. I dont have the article anymore, and didnt look up what his % acutally is, but I would like to see the same comparison being done with other players such as Lebron, and MJ for that matter.

I remember that article. If we're talking about the same article, it referenced stats from this season specifically. Kobe has shot a less than mediocre FG% in the clutch, they're correct when they say this. But they usually don't mention that (at the time of the article, its been over a month) Kobe also led in "total clutch points" (he also led in attempts) as a result of getting to the line the most in the clutch.

So in that sense, yes his FG% was weak. But he still scored the most in the clutch because of his ability to get to the line. Thus, he averages a decent to good TS% in the clutch. I've tried to find that article since, and can't but that's what I recall.