PDA

View Full Version : Teach Me How To Jimmer

bbd24
03-21-2011, 01:58 PM
I thought Kevin Durant had the best NBA 3pt line range in college ever....This cat might have him beat.....Straight WET

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqX_b_Bu4hI

Not sure about his NBA defense, but shoot, his range might be out to half court from what I've seen.

Gators123
03-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Hes going to be a good fit with the Jazz...

MalZee24
03-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Lame

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Lol Jimmer can straight up ball. But he wont be a good NBA player. He'll be a Jason Kapono/

John Walls Era
03-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Lol Jimmer can straight up ball. But he wont be a good NBA player. He'll be a Jason Kapono/

In a PGs body...

PS: I saw him in some mocks as a lottery pick, all I can say is that would be a waste of a pick. Utah will draft him though.

Bucsfan
03-21-2011, 02:22 PM
He wont play for the jazz, he wants to return home to NY

not sure why this in the NBA forum anyways

just because he went to BYU doesnt mean the Jazz want him, stop stereotyping

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-21-2011, 02:23 PM
In a PGs body...

PS: I saw him in some mocks as a lottery pick, all I can say is that would be a waste of a pick. Utah will draft him though.

Yessir. He's to little, and it's not like he gonna be quicker then his guy, or more athletic, or even stronger. We'll see how he fair's when he's got a Andre Iguodala or even the Rondo's of the League up in his jersey.

AddiX
03-21-2011, 02:24 PM
With an athletic defender in front of him he can't get off quality shots. He's crazy slow, and has no handle.

Klivlend
03-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Haters

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-21-2011, 02:25 PM

Lord, No!

There has been a buzz within the Jazz community about Jimmer being on the Utah Jazz... IDK how many ppl were callin for Jimmer to be drafted by the Jazz on 1280 and on 1320

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Don't get me wrong... There has been dudes who've lasted in the League. But Jimmer won't be one.

Some little guys that come to mind:

Ty Lawson- IMO the fastest guy in the League. Jimmer doesn't have the speed on his side.

AI- Bigger heart then anyone who's EVER played, got to the rack @ will. and @ one point was the fastest in the League. Also has a crazy handle. I don't question Jimmer's heart, but again he doesn't have the best handles, or speed.

John Starks- Amazing defender. Jimmer isn't all that on D./

Early Boykins- again.. the Speed. Playin in the NBA is much different then playin basketball in prison, or for the mountain west confrence.

nyyfan4life
03-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Is a comparison to J.J Reddick fair?

WeBallin
03-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Yessir. He's to little, and it's not like he gonna be quicker then his guy, or more athletic, or even stronger. We'll see how he fair's when he's got a Andre Iguodala or even the Rondo's of the League up in his jersey.

Neither was Nash, or Stockton, an they paned out pretty good i'd say, He's Crafty.....(Jimner)an can create seperation, don't need to be overly physical to get your point across....he's not athletic then what competes against now in the NCAA, an he's the leader scorin in the NCAA.... But all in all he'll need time to get the NBA game down, in terms of runin the point....

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-21-2011, 02:33 PM

Yes.

gwrighter
03-21-2011, 02:33 PM

I would compare him to eddie house if anybody. Small guy that is a catch and shoot type of player, doesn't really play any defence either.

Gene2420
03-21-2011, 02:34 PM
His offense reminds me a lot of Deron Williams. Lot of change of speed/direction crossovers.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Neither was Nash, or Stockton, an they paned out pretty good i'd say, He's Crafty.....(Jimner)an can create seperation, don't need to be overly physical to get your point across....he's not athletic then what competes against now in the NCAA, an he's the leader scorin in the NCAA.... But all in all he'll need time to get the NBA game down, in terms of runin the point....

lol Look @ Nashes and Stocktons handle, compared to Jimmers. and Johny S. and Nash were both natrual PG's. Jimmer is an undersized 2 guard with no dribbling skills... Not exactly the recipe for success, but that's only if u ask me. I hope Jimmer does turn out. But I just don't see it.

Squad13
03-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Although I don't think he's a star in the nba. I think he's a solid role player, the dude is a better passer and athlete than he gets credit for.

Lloyd Christmas
03-21-2011, 02:35 PM
J.J. with a crossover

John Walls Era
03-21-2011, 02:38 PM

Not just because he went to BYU (theres something else --- obvious). The Utah fans want him. It would be a terrible terrible move if they draft him.

John Walls Era
03-21-2011, 02:39 PM
I love Jimmer though. Limitless range.

Bucsfan
03-21-2011, 02:40 PM

dont ever put nash and stockton in the same sentence as jimmer

btw being the leading scorer doesnt mean crap in the NBA, 8 out of the last 10 players to lead the NCAA in scoring arent even in the NBA anymore

Jimmer=epic fail in the NBA

Bucsfan
03-21-2011, 02:42 PM
Not just because he went to BYU (theres something else --- obvious). The Utah fans want him. It would be a terrible terrible move if they draft him.

what because he is mormon? maybe people will realize that one day not all jazz fans are mormon, and we buy tickets too (shocking i know)

utah fans do NOT want him, we need defense, he cant play like he does against NBA talent, he takes soooo many shots to get his points usually

the only people in utah that want him on the jazz are BYU fans trust me, i live here

WeBallin
03-21-2011, 02:42 PM
lol Look @ Nashes and Stocktons handle, compared to Jimmers. and Johny S. and Nash were both natrual PG's. Jimmer is an undersized 2 guard with no dribbling skills... Not exactly the recipe for success, but that's only if u ask me. I hope Jimmer does turn out. But I just don't see it.

Good Point!.......but jimmer not like a Turnover machine either, i can see him bein an effective player maybe, not a STAR but i don't GIVE alot STAR rankings to current players no way

ewing
03-21-2011, 02:43 PM
With an athletic defender in front of him he can't get off quality shots. He's crazy slow, and has no handle.

I wouldn't say he is "crazy slow" or that he has "no handle" considering the fact that he scores most of his buckets off iso's after multiple dribbles. Now the fact that he cant really get off the ground, doesn't have much length to him, and isn't really a PG will effect him on the next level but lets not get too carried away with the slow white guy sterotypes.

Right now he looks like a bench scorer in the league. He is only 6'2 and doesn't look like he has a PG's court vision. That in itself would servely limit him on the NBA level

futureman
03-21-2011, 02:46 PM
Hes going to be a good fit with the Jazz...

No he won't. Scoring never carries over into the NBA. He can't do anything except score. He hasn't even played point guard until his senior year in college. Fo a system as complicated as Utah's you need much more experience. He will be at best Eddie House.

ewing
03-21-2011, 02:46 PM

They are both white and can shoot. JJ is taller, longer, and loves to play without the ball. Jimmer is thicker coming out the college and gets most of his shots off the bounce

Cub_StuckinSTL
03-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Jimmer is the most over rated player in college since Adam "I cant get off the bench" Morrison

bbd24
03-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Not only do Kevin Durant and Nelly tweet about Jimmer, Earvin 'Magic' Johnson chimes in on him as well:

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal.

http://twitter.com/MagicJohnson

haggis
03-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Jimmer is the most over rated player in college since Adam "I cant get off the bench" Morrison

agreed.

Bucsfan
03-21-2011, 02:51 PM

agreed, jimmer will be better than him, but still wont amount to much

Not only do Kevin Durant and Nelly tweet about Jimmer, Earvin 'Magic' Johnson chimes in on him as well:

http://twitter.com/MagicJohnson

who cares honestly? they arent nba scouts, just because they mentioned him doesnt mean he will be good, thats ********

Lim
03-21-2011, 02:52 PM
he has a mean crossover

bbd24
03-21-2011, 02:53 PM

I guess, if you call 30 ppg in Division 1 basketball overrated.

Can you even hit a 30 footer in the gym by yourself ? He's hitting them in noses. Thats not overrated, thats what they call " WET "

bbd24
03-21-2011, 02:55 PM
agreed, jimmer will be better than him, but still wont amount to much

who cares honestly? they arent nba scouts, just because they mentioned him doesnt mean he will be good, thats ********

True, there not NBA scouts. Just posting links on the subject. My guess is they know a little bit more than you though Bucsfan. Just a hunch though.

I might take Magics word for it more than you. Sorry, no offense bro shot.

Furymaker
03-21-2011, 02:57 PM
what are his % FG and 3s ?
I see another Adam Morrison case here .

WeBallin
03-21-2011, 02:59 PM
dont ever put nash and stockton in the same sentence as jimmer

btw being the leading scorer doesnt mean crap in the NBA, 8 out of the last 10 players to lead the NCAA in scoring arent even in the NBA anymore

Jimmer=epic fail in the NBA

First off i can make any comparision i want to........... An if u knew anything about ball an not just bloggin Mr. 19K posts...HAHAHAHA I was comparin the athletisim not there games.... An you right leadin the NCAA might be crap, but when u got a 6"2 white boy doin it from BYU it means just a tad bit more in my opinion....Thats all bro my opinion, u said EPIC FAIL an i think other wise.....

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-21-2011, 03:04 PM
First off i can make any comparision i want to........... An if u knew anything about ball an not just bloggin Mr. 19K posts...HAHAHAHA I was comparin the athletisim not there games.... An you right leadin the NCAA might be crap, but when u got a 6"2 white boy doin it from BYU it means just a tad bit more in my opinion....Thats all bro my opinion, u said EPIC FAIL an i think other wise.....

don't trip on BucsFan bro. I live in Salt Lake and I listen to Local sports raido. And when 1280 and 1320 AM were talkin about Jimmer every single Jazz fan caller wanted Jimmer in a Jazz Jersey. one guy even called and said he was gonna order Jazz Jersey's by the bulk from nba.com and have the #32 with ferdette on the back and sell em out in front of ESA this season.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-21-2011, 03:06 PM
This is the NBA he's gonna be playing against the Miami Heat, and Dallas Mavericks, and Boston Celtics, not Wyoming, and Mid-Western-Valley-state-Community-College of Central-Idaho (no offense to Wyoming or Idaho) ahahahaah I really do like Jimmer but he's very overrated. and I'm quick to point out his flaws when ppl overrate him.

shep33
03-21-2011, 03:07 PM

Can you even hit a 30 footer in the gym by yourself ? He's hitting them in noses. Thats not overrated, thats what they call " WET "

I love Jimmer, but people have to show some caution with that pick. JJ Redick averaged 27 ppg in the ACC, Jimmer averages 29 ppg in a conference with little "star" power. JJ Redick was hitting just as crazy shots in people's eyes, and against better opponents. I'm not trying to be a **** or anything, I love how the kid plays, but it's one thing when you have a green light in college to do whatever you want, and then stepping into the NBA where your going to have to run an offense with you probably as the 3rd option at best, anytime your on the court. The success of a shoot first pg is very slim, we see Rose today, but he's just a freak of nature.

Plus the style he plays insn't really going to work in the NBA. When will he be allowed as a pg, to pull up from 3 with a ton of clock left. He can't, now, your gonna have the best athletes in the world bodying him up from beyond the 3 point line, it's not going to be the same as college.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-21-2011, 03:08 PM

So can DeShawn Stevnson...

b_russ
03-21-2011, 03:08 PM
don't trip on BucsFan bro. I live in Salt Lake and I listen to Local sports raido. And when 1280 and 1320 AM were talkin about Jimmer every single Jazz fan caller wanted Jimmer in a Jazz Jersey. one guy even called and said he was gonna order Jazz Jersey's by the bulk from nba.com and have the #32 with ferdette on the back and sell em out in front of ESA this season.

Hahaha, I hope that's a true story. What a dumb ***. Even if he did come to the Jazz he wouldn't be wearing #32.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Hahaha, I hope that's a true story. What a dumb ***. Even if he did come to the Jazz he wouldn't be wearing #32.

Yeah.. true... but if u get it custom made lol i think they'll let u. Cuz in all odd's he problley won't get drafted by the JAzz.

macc
03-21-2011, 03:17 PM
I think you can make anyone look good in a highlight reel. He looks like a good shooter, about it.

Double_R
03-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Gerry McNamara had more range than this dude

kswissdaf
03-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Pretty amazing though you have this slow kind of small white guy dominating all of these black players that have 100 inch verticals and run 3.0 40s

thekmp211
03-21-2011, 03:22 PM
interesting to see the diversity of opinions on him game, hah.

he isn't going to be another morrison. in the nba, his lack of athletic ability and good size will hurt him, but he can certainly become a very nice bench player at worst. he shoots the lights out, is an underrated athlete (underrated, not necessarily good) and play maker.

i see him becoming a bigger, better jj barea at the very least. a guy that can definitely help a good team, but who should probably never be asked to carry a team in any way. first round pick.

still think kemba is a better player and prospect.

lakeshow3peat
03-21-2011, 03:25 PM
i would take Jimmer over kemba anyday and think jimmer will be a better nba player as kemba . Kemba is better with driving and quickness but Jimmer is overall a better shooter

GREATNESS ONE
03-21-2011, 03:27 PM
If he has the Heart and the Will, He will make it.

MacFitz92
03-21-2011, 03:29 PM
That was pretty dope.

WeBallin
i would take Jimmer over kemba anyday and think jimmer will be a better nba player as kemba . Kemba is better with driving and quickness but Jimmer is overall a better shooter

Exaclty an shooting is what gets you open an others open.........cause u can make a defender leave his feet if your shooting is lethal.....

Lakers + Giants

Exactly what i was thinking. He's going to be a bust in the NBA, an average player at best.

shep33
03-21-2011, 03:32 PM
IMO, he'll be a good backup pg.

markbutter
03-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Dude can't be slower than Nash, has a better shot than Nash already and damn near sees the court as well. . . . And he'll be a bust?

b_russ
03-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Yeah.. true... but if u get it custom made lol i think they'll let u. Cuz in all odd's he problley won't get drafted by the JAzz.

Still though, what a waste.

O'Connor cannot draft him. It would be so unbelievably idiotic. The only need he would fill is shooter/scorer which isn't something that Jazz basketball even under Corbin considers a major priority. If he was 3 inches taller and a bit quicker it would be worth considering, but even in this "weak" draft there's better lottery options.

I'd like to see him get a shot with a team like Phoenix, Charlotte or Memphis.

thekmp211
03-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Exaclty an shooting is what gets you open an others open.........cause u can make a defender leave his feet if your shooting is lethal.....

creating your own shot is what gets people open. jimmer will not be able to get his shot off in the nba like he does in that highlight.

kemba, on the other hand, will enter the league and immediately enter the top 5 fastest players discussion. if he works on his set shooting, his ceiling is an aaron brooks/brandon jennings type. he just has more nba-level skills than jimmer, who has exactly one. i'll take that guy over a guy who is a reddick/barea, at best. not trying to hate/start an argument, was just making an observation.

thekmp211
03-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Dude can't be slower than Nash, has a better shot than Nash already and damn near sees the court as well. . . . And he'll be a bust?

easy cuz...nash is one of the best shooters to ever play the game...youre doing jimmer a disservice by even mentioning him in the same category as nash.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-21-2011, 03:36 PM
I like the JJ Barea comparrison.

Bullsfan22
03-21-2011, 03:40 PM
How's his defense?

Double_R
03-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Exactly what i was thinking. He's going to be a bust in the NBA, an average player at best.

JJ Reddick is a pretty decent NBA player.

Cub_StuckinSTL
03-21-2011, 03:50 PM

28.5 actually in that monster of a conference the mountain west!!!! Seriously the kid isn't good on D, averages 4 assists per game, no speed, no hands. He wont be a starter in the NBA unless its for a very bad team.

Gibby23
03-21-2011, 03:55 PM
what because he is mormon? maybe people will realize that one day not all jazz fans are mormon, and we buy tickets too (shocking i know)

utah fans do NOT want him, we need defense, he cant play like he does against NBA talent, he takes soooo many shots to get his points usually

the only people in utah that want him on the jazz are BYU fans trust me, i live here

I know you are a Jazz fan, but you are wrong here. I was watching the Jazz play the Sixers like a week or 2 ago on my NBA pass on the local Jazz station and the guys calling the game (Matt harpering is one of the guys) had a poll if the Jazz should draft Jimmer and over 60% wanted Jimmer.

rurichie
03-21-2011, 03:55 PM

that's exactly what i was going to say he could start for a few teams

WeBallin
03-21-2011, 03:57 PM
creating your own shot is what gets people open. jimmer will not be able to get his shot off in the nba like he does in that highlight.

kemba, on the other hand, will enter the league and immediately enter the top 5 fastest players discussion. if he works on his set shooting, his ceiling is an aaron brooks/brandon jennings type. he just has more nba-level skills than jimmer, who has exactly one. i'll take that guy over a guy who is a reddick/barea, at best. not trying to hate/start an argument, was just making an observation.

You good not taken it, as if your startin a argument.....just discussin difference of opinion, but let me jus make myself clear, i don't think he'll be a perinial star or nothin like that......but i do feel like he has NBA talent... An if he's not creatin his own shot then i don't know who is, bein that he is primary ball handler for his team....

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-21-2011, 04:00 PM

Very true. It took him a while to come into his own. But by no means did he live up to the hype... JJ Reddick had one of the best college careers of ALL TIME. To never average double figures in scoring in the NBA... he definatley did not live up to the expectations.

bbd24
03-21-2011, 04:01 PM
28.5 actually in that monster of a conference the mountain west!!!! Seriously the kid isn't good on D, averages 4 assists per game, no speed, no hands. He wont be a starter in the NBA unless its for a very bad team.

I don't care what conference your in. Try guarding this from West to East...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qsPLN6pTPA

I've never seen anyone take a shot like that in the normal flow of the offense, you ? Nasty ball playa

ewing
03-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Very true. It took him a while to come into his own. But by no means did he live up to the hype... JJ Reddick had one of the best college careers of ALL TIME. To never average double figures in scoring in the NBA... he definatley did not live up to the expectations.

Pretty sure he was takenly # 11 overall as a senior in a pretty weak draft. Just b/c JJ was star in college at the biggest college program in america doesn't mean he was meant to or expected to translate into an NBA star. Same is true for Jimmer. He is a GREAT college basketball player. He will not and few expect him to have that tpye of impact in the NBA

Sly Guy
03-21-2011, 04:23 PM

that's the exact guy I just compared him to when talking to my sis about him.

JohnR
03-21-2011, 04:57 PM
The Jimmer can shoot with the best of them, hell maybe even better than that, the kid has crazy range ... and he doesn't need to be spotted up, he can hit them on the move. If he's a halfway adequate defensive player, he'll do just fine.

If not, which is my bet, thebn he'll hang around the NBA for a few years getting a few minutes per game as a situational bomber.

CityofTreez
03-21-2011, 05:03 PM
I got him losing to Florida next round.

VRP723
03-21-2011, 05:10 PM
It's Redick. One D.

Eagles4Lyfe
03-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Threads like this is what should be bookmarked and once he proves the doubters wrong and taking a shat on them it's going to be fun revisiting this thread next year this time when he's opening eyes.

haggis
03-21-2011, 06:57 PM
I don't care what conference your in. Try guarding this from West to East...

I've never seen anyone take a shot like that in the normal flow of the offense, you ? Nasty ball playa

And I've never seen someone say: "West to East" :shrug:

CityofTreez
03-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Watch the weather team, Jet-Stream does wonders!

Eagles4Lyfe
03-21-2011, 07:10 PM
I dunno why im going to bother but morrison and reddick really?? LOL @ comparing a PG to a SG and a SG/SF player. :crazy:

bbd24
03-21-2011, 07:54 PM
And I've never seen someone say: "West to East" :shrug:

Only reason I said it that way is because he's starting on the West......So West to East.

With him, you can just say entire world if you'd like. Its wet all over when he's on the floor

Gram
03-21-2011, 08:13 PM

I don't understand how that's stereotyping. :S

Gram
03-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Kemba > Jimmer.

bbd24
03-22-2011, 01:20 AM
Kemba > Jimmer.

In a knife fight on the mean streets of Connecticut ?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Pretty sure he was takenly # 11 overall as a senior in a pretty weak draft. Just b/c JJ was star in college at the biggest college program in america doesn't mean he was meant to or expected to translate into an NBA star. Same is true for Jimmer. He is a GREAT college basketball player. He will not and few expect him to have that tpye of impact in the NBA

You're right. lol :facepalm:

bbd24
03-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Woah, not only can he shoot from 30 ft out, the snowy also has hops on the resume.....

http://twitpic.com/4c4owa

I don't care what conference your in, how do you guard that ? Your telling me that's overrated ? Rise up my brutha, rise up