PDA

View Full Version : Mike Anderson to Arkansas?

stlbest5in2013
03-20-2011, 03:34 PM
while this story is false and has no legs, just wanted to make the thread so people can talk about it, and believe twitter rumors, and a reporter who also reported MU to the big 10 was a lock, and stoops to florida was a lock in 04 (what ever year it was). this reporter hails from tulsa, which does not even cover MU or AR sports.

his twitter rumor got grabbed by a blogger on cbs sports and cbs ran it as an article. they today are still claiming anderson will be introduced by tomorrow as their new head coach, even though last night he was claiming by this morning.

mean while anderson has to be granted permission by MU to talk to any school about their head coaching job. this permission has not been granted, yet he has accepted the job???????

espn,si, and fox, along with papers that cover MU and AR athletics have no information or news on this story.

if he leaves for arkansas, so be it, he is a grown man, he can do what ever he wants. that said he still has to be granted permission to talk to another school, and when or if he is given that permission, that news will break quick.

Driven
03-20-2011, 03:41 PM
what

Sync
03-20-2011, 03:58 PM
what x2

DamnGoat
03-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Nothing is confirmed yet, but CBS has been reporting this since last night and there are all kinds of rumors about him meeting with Arkansas since Mizzou was knocked out of the tournament.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/14834119/arkansas-close-to-naming-anderson-its-next-coach

At this point I'd be surprised if he isn't named the coach within the next few days. He's wanted the Arkansas job since Nolan was fired 8-9 years ago and at this point it's a pretty decent job with a top 10 recruiting class coming in, the SEC West is horrible and the university has a lot of deep pockets.

stlbest5in2013
03-20-2011, 06:39 PM
mike Anderson has wanted the job since they fired Richardson?????

being he is closer to Richardson, and Richardson hated the university when he left

he may leave, but again no credible sources are saying he is even remotely close, this is a reporter, who has misled people with his articles and tweets many times over, and has no credibility.

then anything that is out there, is off of his leak, again nothing from ESPN, si, or fox sports, or any of the papers that cover both schools

DamnGoat
03-20-2011, 08:46 PM
mike Anderson has wanted the job since they fired Richardson?????

being he is closer to Richardson, and Richardson hated the university when he left
That was almost 10 years ago. All the bad blood between Nolan and the university is pretty much gone. He's been back on campus since then and the people (mostly Frank Broyles) that forced him out are all gone as well. Not that it really matters since Mike Anderson's his own man, but Nolan said recently that he'd advise him to take the job if it's offered.

he may leave, but again no credible sources are saying he is even remotely close, this is a reporter, who has misled people with his articles and tweets many times over, and has no credibility.
I agree that random tweets aren't exactly reliable sources but there are several people close to the Arkansas program confirming the same rumor. Still nothing concrete yet, but where there's smoke there's usually fire and Mike Anderson going back to Arkansas makes a lot of sense.

stlbest5in2013
03-20-2011, 11:15 PM
while this is a good discussion here is the fireman to put out your fire?

kc star journalist (i dont read it so i have forgotten is name, deamond????) said that while mike anderson was in columbia recruiting for MU on Mu's dime, after otto porters team won the state title, 3rd year in a row, mike anderson met with porter, and told him he is staying at mu. then the staff went to kansas to recruit juco player(s) (hear conflicting reports, heard it was a guard, then heard/ read it was a big man).
later on deamond talked to a member of arkansas media team, and that person told him that anderson is staying at missouri.

here comes the water though, mike anderson has to be given written permission to talk to any school in any way shape or form about another schools job. this includes feelers, and phone calls, and setting up any interview. so the two sides have not talked, and if they did, anderson violated his contract, and arkansas (dont know how it works on this part) may be facing more ncaa violations, for not getting permission from MU to talk to anderson.

you can see this about written permission having to be granted to anderson at

www.stltoday.com/sports/mizzou its on the front page (no mods this is not a link to a forum or chat, its a link to a legit news paper)

maybe he has accepted this job, i would like to see some proof of this though from credible sources other then this mans leak from tulsa. aka citing other sources not him, and quoting from other people not him.

DamnGoat
03-20-2011, 11:33 PM
And how do you know he doesn't already have that permission? It could be that Mike Anderson's agent is working on the terms and they're not even interviewing him.

The local news around here is already reporting that he's been offered a 5 year deal worth $2M annually.

http://www.5newstogo.com/wap/news/text.jsp?sid=138&nid=42583756&cid=210&scid=-1&ith=0&title=Local+News

The sources said Long had offered Anderson a five year deal at two million dollars annually and is holding firm to that offer even though the agent, Jimmy Sexton, is asking for a longer contract and a higher amount of annual compensation.

A source said that Long is willing to wait a day or two but will move on if the offer is not accepted. That source said that Anderson is expected to accept Long's offer.
Believe what you want, but this should be resolved either way in the next few days.

stlbest5in2013
03-21-2011, 12:34 AM
And how do you know he doesn't already have that permission? It could be that Mike Anderson's agent is working on the terms and they're not even interviewing him.

The local news around here is already reporting that he's been offered a 5 year deal worth $2M annually.

http://www.5newstogo.com/wap/news/text.jsp?sid=138&nid=42583756&cid=210&scid=-1&ith=0&title=Local+News

Believe what you want, but this should be resolved either way in the next few days.

okay? when georgia ha interest, it was revealed/leaked that anderson was meeting with georgia, same last year with oregon. MU is not going to sit by like retards and let CMA walk out the door. they will let it be known that anderson has recieved permission, so if he leaves, they can say they wish him luck, and he had permission and decided to leave. they wont wait till a deal is done, to let the press know that anderson "had" permission to talk to arkansas. also being he was telling a recruit i will be at missouri, and using missouri's money to recruit, i highly doubt that his agent is meeting on his behalf with arkansas.

like i said its false, and a guy from tulsa or any where else is not going to have credible information when katz and gottlieb said this is false last night via their twitter.(didnt read their tweet read it else where in an article)

the source for the man in tulsa has nothing to gain by leaking it to him, over a national outlet.

stlbest5in2013
03-21-2011, 01:57 AM
i found this link interesting

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/03/20/2741299_only-speculation-over-mus-anderson.html?storylink=omni_popular

the 6th and 7th paragraph are very interesting indeed, so is the bottom of that colum to say the least.

i also like how kin english who had a bad season said that a guy with a whooping 453 twitter followers has corrupted minds everywhere.

i agree that a guy with 543 followers has arkansas fans going " hog wild" yet people with better sources and connections have heard nothing of this.

stlbest5in2013
03-21-2011, 06:29 PM
here is another interesting article

MU to up mike anderson salary to 2 mil, what that feyetville article said ar was only going to offer, and mu to add 2 years to andersons contract which has 5 left on it. making it a 7 year 14 mil dollar offer

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/article_28525b44-53f6-11e0-b074-00127992bc8b.html

DamnGoat
03-23-2011, 02:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6249515

Arkansas officials are expected to meet with Missouri coach Mike Anderson later Wednesday and, according to sources, a contract offer and Anderson's acceptance of it appear to be a formality.

BradyIsTheMan12
03-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Great hire for Arkansas, I really wanted Mike Anderson to be the Ducks' coach last season. Sounds like a perfect match as well with the history involved, and I love the speed/intensity that Anderson's teams play at.

DamnGoat
03-24-2011, 12:07 AM
Great hire for Arkansas, I really wanted Mike Anderson to be the Ducks' coach last season. Sounds like a perfect match as well with the history involved, and I love the speed/intensity that Anderson's teams play at.
I don't think he'd have left Mizzou for any program other than Arkansas. He wanted it back when Nolan Richardson was forced out but had no experience as a Head Coach. It's the perfect fit for both sides. Arkansas has been down for the last 10+ years, so he's just what they needed and they should be really good next year with a top 10 recruiting class coming in as well (assuming Anderson can hang onto most of them).

BradyIsTheMan12
03-24-2011, 01:52 AM
I don't think he'd have left Mizzou for any program other than Arkansas. He wanted it back when Nolan Richardson was forced out but had no experience as a Head Coach. It's the perfect fit for both sides. Arkansas has been down for the last 10+ years, so he's just what they needed and they should be really good next year with a top 10 recruiting class coming in as well (assuming Anderson can hang onto most of them).

That's what I kept on hearing last season while we were pursuing him from Mizzou fans. I'm positive Anderson will have Arkansas back on the map soon, and sounds like he will have talent to work with if the class stays in-tact.

CityofTreez
03-24-2011, 02:16 AM
He's a good coach, he'll make Arkansas better.

Happy to see him leave Mizzou, he always got his players to play hard in Big 12 play.

Corey
03-24-2011, 07:21 AM
Reading through the progression of this thread made me laugh.

PujolsMVP5
03-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Screw Mike Anderson. Anderson misled Missouri director of athletics Mike Alden and the MU administration. Anderson clearly gave Mizzou a signal that he'd stay as long as the university sweetened his contract to put him at about $2 million a year. He even called ESPN top recruit Otto Porter and told him he was going to stay at Mizzou. He misled Mizzou and their administration. Mizzou acted in good faith gave him what he wanted he lied and burned Mizzou to bolt for Arkansas, screw em.

metsfaninSTL
03-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Reading through the progression of this thread made me laugh.

me too. i also like how the op said it was false