PDA

View Full Version : Little talked about trades this season that you don't understand

NetsPaint
03-20-2011, 12:32 AM
Which are they?

I don't know why the Celtics traded Luke Harangody. Every time I saw him he was doing something good. The game I saw him on the Cavaliers he was even good. All they got back was a second round pick from the Cavaliers, do they have somebody they see in college that they think they can get?

six
03-20-2011, 12:39 AM
When Johnny love was traded, it was weird.

Ecko72jc
03-20-2011, 12:41 AM
Which are they?

I don't know why the Celtics traded Luke Harangody. Every time I saw him he was doing something good. The game I saw him on the Cavaliers he was even good. All they got back was a second round pick from the Cavaliers, do they have somebody they see in college that they think they can get?

LMAO at Luke Harangody....

NetsPaint
03-20-2011, 12:42 AM
LMAO at Luke Harangody....
?

Ecko72jc
03-20-2011, 12:45 AM
?

He is a lesser version of Brian Scalabrini.

bringinwood
03-20-2011, 12:45 AM
I didn't understand the Bobcats trading Gerald Wallace...

I understand them gaining two first rounders, but it doesn't make sense from the standpoint that they were 8th in the East when they made the deal...

It's not like 2 first rounders is a blow away offer from a guy who is top 5 at his position...

If they don't use the money for someone like Chris Paul or D12, it's not a good deal...

Lim
03-20-2011, 12:48 AM
i thought they traded harrangody to make room for troy murphy?

chrispaulikas
03-20-2011, 12:49 AM
Gerald Wallace is not a top 5 at his position, lol

NetsPaint
03-20-2011, 12:50 AM
He is a lesser version of Brian Scalabrini.
He's a rookie who wasn't getting that much time. He's already averaging over 8 points on Cleveland (not a good team, but still).

Boston isn't getting any younger, and all they got was a second round pick back, that's all.

Ecko72jc
03-20-2011, 12:52 AM
He's a rookie who wasn't getting that much time. He's already averaging over 8 points on Cleveland (not a good team, but still).

Boston isn't getting any younger, and all they got was a second round pick back, that's all.

You can't build around Luke....

Giraffes Rule
Gerald Wallace is not a top 5 at his position, lol

Small forward:

1: Lebron
2: Durant
3: Melo
4: Pierce
5: Wallace

In my opinion. Who would you rank above Wallace in the 5th spot?

While I understand that the Rockets were a little fed up with Aaron Brooks, I really don't understand why the Suns traded Dragic and a first for him. I like Dragic's game more, personally, and it seemed like he was learning a lot from Nash.

NetsPaint
I didn't understand the Bobcats trading Gerald Wallace...

I understand them gaining two first rounders, but it doesn't make sense from the standpoint that they were 8th in the East when they made the deal...

It's not like 2 first rounders is a blow away offer from a guy who is top 5 at his position...

If they don't use the money for someone like Chris Paul or D12, it's not a good deal...
I don't get that either. That was a STEAL for Portland. They keep finding ways to keep doing good and having potential.

NetsPaint
03-20-2011, 12:54 AM
You can't build around Luke....

Of course not, but it's always nice to keep young players with potential.

If it was to make room for Troy Murphy then I understand.

Ecko72jc
03-20-2011, 12:55 AM

I am glad you understand.

redsox0717
03-20-2011, 12:58 AM
Which are they?

Luke Harangody? Seriously? Seriously?

DerekRE_3
I don't get why the Hornets traded Marcus Thornton for a three month rental. Sure Thornton's contract is up, but he's a restricted FA who can easily be retained. Plus he's putting up 21 PPG on 46% FG since the trade.

NetsPaint
I am glad you understand.
I am happy that you are glad that I understand.

NetsPaint
03-20-2011, 01:02 AM
I don't get why the Hornets traded Marcus Thornton for a three month rental. Sure Thornton's contract is up, but he's a restricted FA who can easily be retained. Plus he's putting up 21 PPG on 46% FG since the trade.
Well Monty Williams never liked playing him much, probably cause he wasn't happy with his defense or SOMETHING. Always boggled my mind he'd bench him, even after 20+ games from him that helped the team.

Even if he didn't get the system right that much, some players you need let play more freely if it's to help the team.

Even though I'm past it, would have loved for the Hornets to keep the guard trio of Thornton, Collison, and Paul.

ChiTownPacerFan
03-20-2011, 01:25 AM
Small forward:

Rudy Gay says high. I would put Wallace at 6 though, so your original point is still valid.

Hustlenomics
03-20-2011, 01:49 AM
Luke Harangody is horrible

Storch
03-20-2011, 02:35 AM
Which are they?

It is my assumption that the Celtics wanted to free up roster space to sign veterans that were being bought out.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-20-2011, 06:02 AM
Sasha Vujacic for Joe Smith

Turrible trade:puke:

JayAllDay
03-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Terrence Williams...

Why did the Nets get rid of him, and where is he now?

hugepatsfan
03-20-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm more upset BOS traded Semih Erden than I am that they traded Luke.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-20-2011, 09:26 AM
Terrence Williams...

Why did the Nets get rid of him, and where is he now?

he sucks

PrettyBoyJ
03-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Luke Harangody is undersized and he's not aggressive like a Dejuan Blair who is the same height or grab rebounds like Charles Barkley who was shorter..

Flash3
03-20-2011, 10:20 AM

he hit his potential as soon as he stepped on the court.

dimgim
03-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Small forward:

While I understand that the Rockets were a little fed up with Aaron Brooks, I really don't understand why the Suns traded Dragic and a first for him. I like Dragic's game more, personally, and it seemed like he was learning a lot from Nash.

Yeah Rudy Gay, Danny Granger and Andre Iguodala are better all around players to

YoungOne
03-20-2011, 11:18 AM
he hit his potential as soon as he stepped on the court.

did you even see him play?

dimgim
03-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Dude's right about Harangody he's productive when he gets minutes and is a younger Troy Murphy their games are identical in my opinion so the trade doesn't make sense or dollars I'm sure Murphy gets mo money.

DerekRE_3
03-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Well Monty Williams never liked playing him much, probably cause he wasn't happy with his defense or SOMETHING. Always boggled my mind he'd bench him, even after 20+ games from him that helped the team.

Even if he didn't get the system right that much, some players you need let play more freely if it's to help the team.

Even though I'm past it, would have loved for the Hornets to keep the guard trio of Thornton, Collison, and Paul.

Yeah I heard the defense reasoning, but Marco Belinelli, who started over him, plays worse defense than Thornton.

Lakers + Giants
03-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Small forward:

Caron Butler? Rudy Gay? Iguodala? Deng? C'mon Man!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Bucks declined two trades. One was Maggette and Boykins to Hornets for Ariza,Banks,Pondexter. Other trade was Redd to Warriors for Biedrins and Lee.

Lakers + Giants
03-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Sasha Vujacic for Joe Smith

Turrible trade:puke:

Saved us 9 Million How is that horrible? What Sasha is doing in NJ is not what he would have done with LA. No way his stats would increase with the time Barnes, Blake, and Shannon get.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Saved us 9 Million How is that horrible? What Sasha is doing in NJ is not what he would have done with LA. No way his stats would increase with the time Barnes, Blake, and Shannon get.

Smith is terrible, at least Sasha can hit an open J and play pesky defense

Arch Stanton
03-20-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm glad the Cavs got Harrangody.

KnicksorBust
03-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Bucks declined two trades. One was Maggette and Boykins to Hornets for Ariza,Banks,Pondexter. Other trade was Redd to Warriors for Biedrins and Lee.

Was that definately offered because that would have been a great move for the Bucks? I'm assuming the owner nixed that one for financial reasons but David Lee and Andrew Bogut are a perfect fit and just entering their primes.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Was that definately offered because that would have been a great move for the Bucks? I'm assuming the owner nixed that one for financial reasons but David Lee and Andrew Bogut are a perfect fit and just entering their primes.

The 1st one would have been good too, adding more defense to a already good defensive team doesn't hurt a bit.

plus magette is a black hole.

DerekRE_3
03-20-2011, 03:19 PM

But, Biedrins is utterly useless and makes $9 mil a year for 3 more years after this season.

KnicksorBust
03-20-2011, 03:24 PM
But, Biedrins is utterly useless and makes $9 mil a year for 3 more years after this season.

Half the league has at least one overpaid center. How bad could it be to have him come off the bench and grab some rebounds for 15mpg? Lee-Bogut is too sexy to pass up if I'm the Bucks GM.

Lake_Show2416
03-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Smith is terrible, at least Sasha can hit an open J and play pesky defense

not really ha, more like open free throws :) ..but he's great at keeping his eye brows in place

DerekRE_3
03-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Half the league has at least one overpaid center. How bad could it be to have him come off the bench and grab some rebounds for 15mpg? Lee-Bogut is too sexy to pass up if I'm the Bucks GM.

That doesn't mean the Bucks should add themsleves to the list. Biedrins is awful. Even if he gets an attempt for an easy shot around the basket teams can just hack the **** out of him and let that 32% FT percentage take over.

John Walls Era
03-20-2011, 04:48 PM
MJ allowing the G. Wallace trade to go through.

Also Suns trading Goran Dragic for Brooks. Never trade with Morey... thats rule number 1. Suns lost a guy full of potential for a chucker who thinks hes underpaid.

KnicksorBust
03-20-2011, 04:56 PM
That doesn't mean the Bucks should add themsleves to the list. Biedrins is awful. Even if he gets an attempt for an easy shot around the basket teams can just hack the **** out of him and let that 32% FT percentage take over.

How else are the Bucks going to acquire a near All-Star level PF? They have a high payroll in a league with a decreasing salary cap and they are committed financially to guys like Salmons, Gooden, Maggette. You get a trio like Jennings-Lee-Bogut and suddenly you are a playoff contender again.

NYYCowboys
03-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Caron Butler? Rudy Gay? Iguodala? Deng? C'mon Man!

Gerald Wallace is better than Deng and Butler, and the other two are toss ups.

shep33
03-20-2011, 05:36 PM
I didn't like how the Celtics traded Erden. I thought he was pretty decent, and showed a lot of potential... Harangody is okay, but Erden was a much bigger shocker to me

nalrah01
03-20-2011, 05:57 PM
I didn't like how the Celtics traded Erden. I thought he was pretty decent, and showed a lot of potential... Harangody is okay, but Erden was a much bigger shocker to me

^ This

Erden seemed to have fit in pretty well in the rotation while both the O'Neals were out. Only explanation I can see for it was Ainge trying to clear space for a more impactful veteran in a buyout - Semih's shoulder might have also pushed him to make the trade as well.

papipapsmanny
03-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Why did the Hawks give up a 1st round pick, Maurice Evans, Mike Bibby, and Jordan Crawford

For Hinrich and Hilton Armstrong

Only to use Jeff Teague more a PG then Kirk

DerekRE_3
03-20-2011, 07:38 PM
How else are the Bucks going to acquire a near All-Star level PF? They have a high payroll in a league with a decreasing salary cap and they are committed financially to guys like Salmons, Gooden, Maggette. You get a trio like Jennings-Lee-Bogut and suddenly you are a playoff contender again.

And how does Jennings-Lee-Bogut stand up against oh I dunno...

Johnson-Smith-Horford
Rondo-Allen-Pierce-KG
Nelson-J-Rich-Howard
Rose-Deng-Boozer-Noah
Billups-Melo-Amare

And that's just the East. They'd be taking on a terrible contract to be mediocre. Makes no sense.

KnicksorBust
03-20-2011, 07:48 PM
And how does Jennings-Lee-Bogut stand up against oh I dunno...

Johnson-Smith-Horford
Rondo-Allen-Pierce-KG
Nelson-J-Rich-Howard
Rose-Deng-Boozer-Noah
Billups-Melo-Amare

And that's just the East. They'd be taking on a terrible contract to be mediocre. Makes no sense.

It stands up a lot better than Jennings-Ersan Ilyasova-Bogut.

Wilson
03-20-2011, 07:49 PM
not really ha, more like open free throws :) ..but he's great at keeping his eye brows in place

Sasha is fine with open Js, his problem is that he'll shoot himself out of the game by forcing up shots when he's not open and committing bad fouls by playing defense with his hands.

Gram
03-20-2011, 07:56 PM

GSW would never make that trade.

shep33
03-20-2011, 08:10 PM
I hated how the Hornets traded Thornton too... really bad move IMO. Unless they got Landry because they knew they wouldn't sign West next year for a lot of money.

DerekRE_3
03-20-2011, 08:16 PM
I hated how the Hornets traded Thornton too... really bad move IMO. Unless they got Landry because they knew they wouldn't sign West next year for a lot of money.

Landry is an unrestricted free agent as well. Thornton will be restricted.