PDA

View Full Version : Time frame for the Heat to win a championship?

Cooli
03-19-2011, 04:58 PM
What do you guys think?

We all know Wade plays a very physical game style. He is often injured and has a lot of miles. Bosh has no post moves, so he will likely be trash after he loses some athleticism. LeBron has decent skills, but once he loses athleticism it will hurt him a great amount.

All these players have a lot of mileage in the NBA. How many years do you give them?

I think Wade will start declining in 2 years. Their time frame is probably around 3 years IMO.

:cool: Cooli from tha Chi :cool:

redwhitenblue
03-19-2011, 05:00 PM
That's such a cool little signature at the end of your post. . . . .

Their time frame is probably 5 years, but I have little doubt one of them will want out before then (probably Bosh).

Fnom11
03-19-2011, 05:00 PM
This is a 100% original thread. There's none like it on this forum site ever.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-19-2011, 05:03 PM
they'll win the next 8 championships

THE GIPPER
03-19-2011, 05:15 PM
Im shocked that the op is from chi

GREATNESS ONE
03-19-2011, 05:16 PM
I would say within 3 years and all hell breaks loose

redwhitenblue
03-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Im shocked that the op is from chi
Would it really be shocking if the OP was from Dallas, SA, LA, NY, ORL or BOS?

Most of the competing teams are disgusted with Miami and are looking forward to their hopeful failure.

I bet you'd be surprised at the poll results of "If your team doesn't win the title, who do you want to win," the option "anyone but the Heat" would be the runaway winner.

JB0B0
03-19-2011, 05:23 PM
3 years? lol. I'd say at least 5-6. As long as Wade is healthy and effective, they'll contend.

Gators123
03-19-2011, 05:24 PM
What do you guys think?

We all know Wade plays a very physical game style. He is often injured and has a lot of miles. Bosh has no post moves, so he will likely be trash after he loses some athleticism. LeBron has decent skills, but once he loses athleticism it will hurt him a great amount.

All these players have a lot of mileage in the NBA. How many years do you give them?

I think Wade will start declining in 2 years. Their time frame is probably around 3 years IMO.

:horse::horse::horse:

GREATNESS ONE
03-19-2011, 05:25 PM
3 years? lol. I'd say at least 5-6. As long as Wade is healthy and effective, they'll contend.

lmao I just meant they kinda pinned themselves into a corner. I could see all sorts of craziness happen if they don't win 1 in three years lol

redwhitenblue
03-19-2011, 05:25 PM
If the new CBA lowers the cap, it might be significantly less.

J4KOP99
03-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Depending in health and Cba issues.. They could win a title at any point over the next 6-8 years. 8 years is an absolute stretch but you never know how these guys will progress. Those of you who believe that lebron will fall off the face of the earth once his athleticism decreases... You need to get your head examined.

They will be an absolute power house for many years to come.

Jewelz0376
03-19-2011, 05:32 PM
If they don't get to the finals this year or next year...I could see one of them getting traded...There is no way they'd just keep trying with that same big 3 over and over and over again w/o at least getting to the finals...

redwhitenblue
03-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Depending in health and Cba issues.. They could win a title at any point over the next 6-8 years. 8 years is an absolute stretch but you never know how these guys will progress. Those of you who believe that lebron will fall off the face of the earth once his athleticism decreases... You need to get your head examined.

They will be an absolute power house for many years to come.
I don't see Wade's body holding up after 5 years or so.

Bruno
03-19-2011, 05:37 PM
This depends on Wades health, and if James can transform his game when his athleticism begins to fade.

J4KOP99
03-19-2011, 05:41 PM

Yeah that would definitely be my biggest worry as a heat fan. However, if he does somehow stay in good health, they will be a tough team to beat. I could see bosh leaving in a few years though, whether they win in the near future or not.

GeekInThePink
03-19-2011, 05:42 PM
who cares?

Chitownhero14
03-19-2011, 05:59 PM
WEll lets see they were suppose to the biggest thing since sliced bread so that means they better win it this year...and they promised 8 championships right? ANd they got all 3 on contract for 5 years....so i'd say they better win now and they have to win the next 8 or they'll be jokes of their careers!

d00d
03-19-2011, 06:07 PM
The Illuminati made "the decision" for Le' queer. Don't believe me? I have proof. http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601139&highlight=illuminati

THINKBLUE15
03-19-2011, 06:07 PM
They might very well win it this year. And they will contend for a title for the next 6 I'm sure. If they do NOT make it to the Finals within the next 2-3 years I see a change. But it is hard to imagine a team with that much star power not winning at least 1 before they depart.

h2r09
03-19-2011, 06:09 PM

thanks doc. and since you seem to be an expert at giving your opinion on a guys health 5 years from now with whom you have no medical records of, how will my knees hold up in 2017?

RIPSweetness34
03-19-2011, 06:33 PM
thanks doc. and since you seem to be an expert at giving your opinion on a guys health 5 years from now with whom you have no medical records of, how will my knees hold up in 2017?

U really gonna get upset over him saying Wades body may start breaking down with his style of play when he is 34? I don't think it's a stretch by any means considering thats when most players start to decline in just about any sport, ewspecially the most pysical ones.

PhillyFaninLA
03-19-2011, 06:33 PM
I think the title will be in Miami in 17 or 18 months....another year for Wade, Lebron, and Bosh get used to each other and another off season to fill out the bench with better support players.

John Walls Era
03-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Bosh has no post moves... :rolleyes: You can be more jumper oriented and still have post moves. Is it amazing? No, but it can get it done. OP has no clue.

sunsfan88
03-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Why are Bulls fans more obsessed with the Heat than they are about their own team?

I have seen more "Bulls are better than Heat" or "Heat suck" etc threads than "Bulls are too good" "Bulls will win championship" etc

Geargo Wallace
03-19-2011, 06:50 PM
What do you guys think?

that's goooooood analysis

KB24PG16
03-19-2011, 06:56 PM
I think one of them will leave after their 5 year contract probably bosh. So a 5 year window to win.

championships
03-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Someone will cause a big "trade me" Drama in 3 years.

Fnom11
03-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Why are Bulls fans more obsessed with the Heat than they are about their own team?

I have seen more "Bulls are better than Heat" or "Heat suck" etc threads than "Bulls are too good" "Bulls will win championship" etc

Heat fans are very humble.

footballer2369
03-19-2011, 07:30 PM
If the new CBA lowers the cap, it might be significantly less.

I am curious how this is relevant at all. Any changes made would have to be retroactive, anyway.

There is no time frame, yet. They can still build and rebuild between now and the expiration of their contracts.

knightstemplar
03-19-2011, 07:31 PM
like lebron said "not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7..." and "its gonna be easy"

shep33
03-19-2011, 07:47 PM
i'd say 5 years.

carnage101
03-19-2011, 07:49 PM
i'd say their time frame doesn' exist. By the end of next year dwight will be traded to either the lakers or OKC and who ever gets dwight will win for the next 4-5 years there for eliminating any chance the heat ever will have. As for this year lets be real they have no chance of beating the celtics, or bulls

bringinwood
03-19-2011, 07:56 PM
Their timetable was last week...

They should have won their 13th in a row 6 weeks ago...

The same old crap on when, why, how, who, and where you can bash the Heat some more is ridiculous...

They are just as likely to win 3 championships in a row as some are to win one this year...

koLohe2133
03-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Wait I coulda sworn they won one last summer!

O wait.....they didn't win?

they are the antithesis to Charlie sheen: #neverwinning

Punk
03-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Honestly, I think if they can't win in 3 years they will begin wanting out. Because the East will only get tougher and if they are that fragile to cry over a 5 game losing streak, I would see someone asking for a trade eventually.

Dade County
03-19-2011, 09:01 PM
What do you guys think?

This year and beyond... 7 straight titles ok, goodnight :cool:

koLohe2133
03-19-2011, 09:07 PM
The Illuminati made "the decision" for Le' queer. Don't believe me? I have proof. http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601139&highlight=illuminati

Bro the illuminati shut us down!!!

JiffyMix88
03-19-2011, 09:10 PM
as long as they're together they will contend i just hope they have the lakers effect and break up during the offseason

Htownballa1622
03-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Does it matter?

When they do win(and I feel they will sometime within 3 years)people will disregard it and say"well they still have another 7 to go" blah blah blah.

People will forever hate.the best will always be hated on.(lebron)
And itll likely be _____er fans, ____ls fans, _____ks fans , and _______cs fans.(i didn't name any teams specifically to not hurt yalls feelings. ;)

Storch
03-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Not one, not two, not three, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7....

Phenomenonsense
03-19-2011, 09:44 PM
The timeframe of the heat core to be it's strongest only has another 3ish years, however, they have a longer timeframe to win a championship as the Lakers/Celtics/Orlando get weaker, and they add more pieces in the future for the MLE and vet min. This, however, is subject to speculation, and who knows if there will be an MLE in the future.

John Walls Era
03-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Not one, not two, not three, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7....

Wow you think they will win 8!!!! :P

JiffyMix88
03-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Does it matter?

When they do win(and I feel they will sometime within 3 years)people will disregard it and say"well they still have another 7 to go" blah blah blah.

People will forever hate.the best will always be hated on.(lebron)
And itll likely be _____Laker fans, ____Bulls fans, _____Knicks fans , and _______Celtics fans.(i didn't name any teams specifically to not hurt yalls feelings. ;)

Just in case anybody had a hard tim trying to figure out what the blanks were... Had to look it up myself :p

AWC713
03-19-2011, 11:14 PM
lebron has decent skills? haha okay

TylerSL
03-20-2011, 12:01 AM
CBA could be a problem. But why worry about it?

evadatam5150
03-20-2011, 12:57 AM
What do you guys think?

Well by all the noise they made this last off season with their bold predictions they should win one this year as well as 5 or 6 after that.. I'm just going by the expectation they laid out over the course of last summer.. :D

evadatam5150
03-20-2011, 01:04 AM
I am curious how this is relevant at all. Any changes made would have to be retroactive, anyway.

There is no time frame, yet. They can still build and rebuild between now and the expiration of their contracts.

Well, wouldn't it be extremely relevant considering that the Heat has a lot of money tied up in 3 players making it tougher to get good and exceptional roll players with what cash you have left...?? Building and rebuilding get's tougher when you have less money to spend around your superstars.. This a problem all teams will face, but clearly it effects the Heat a great deal more because of the amount they paid to 3 players and not 7 or 8.. I'd say it's fairly relevant..

believeinNYK
03-20-2011, 01:13 AM
I say 5 yrs

Storch
03-20-2011, 01:15 AM
Wow you think they will win 8!!!! :P

mmhmm ;)

EaglePride615
03-20-2011, 01:24 AM
not comparing any of them to jordan but it took him 7 years till he won his first ring right?

Supreme LA
03-20-2011, 01:57 AM
lebron has decent skills? haha okay

He has amazing athleticism and decent skills. Sounds about right to me. He's fundamentally flawed with his ballhandle, footwork, jumpshot, and he has no back to the basket game. U think he is not?

OC Knights #11
03-20-2011, 01:59 AM
No idea, but I feel that the heat and this "big three" will never win a championship. Lebron James will most likely never win a championship.

Storch
03-20-2011, 02:47 AM
There's been so many threads about the heat.

THE MTL
03-20-2011, 02:51 AM
What do you guys think?

I say Lebron James still has almost a decade left of high level basketball. Jordan dropped off at 36 and Kobe looking the same way. I say Lebron still has 9 more years of elite greatness.

Wade's career will be preserved now that Bosh and Lebron are there. He is 29, so I say he drops off at maybe 33. But to say, two years??? COME ONE dude!

Bosh is soft and doesnt play hard. Will be there for a while.

The biggest thing about the Heat, is that the Big 3 wont last if they dont win within the next 2-3 years. I can see them understanding if they dont win this season, but next season I see them having some serious problems if they dont win. And if they cant win after 3 years then the Big Three is over!

lakeshow3peat
03-20-2011, 03:02 AM
they will win 2 just dont know when cause the thunder are probably going to win some and bulls got multiple rings coming and just hard to say .

TylerSL
03-20-2011, 03:19 AM
He has amazing athleticism and decent skills. Sounds about right to me. He's fundamentally flawed with his ballhandle, footwork, jumpshot, and he has no back to the basket game. U think he is not?

lol dude, just stop....

TylerSL
03-20-2011, 03:26 AM
they will win 2 just dont know when cause the thunder are probably going to win some and bulls got multiple rings coming and just hard to say .

Im not sure how many we will/can win and to be frank, im not worried about it yet. But I can tell you this much, the league is getting very competive with these up and coming teams like Chicago, New Orleans, and Portland, and the Lakers, C's, Spurs, and Mavs are always good. New York and Orlando are also just a few pieces away too. The league is competitive right now, which is exciting for me.

effen5
03-20-2011, 05:22 PM

100 Percent agreed with you.

Hes been in the league what...8 years now? He hasn't improved his jump shot, he hasn't improved his back to the basket game at all in his 8 years.

Lets get one this straight, Lebron is a freak physically and a very gifted player but when he gets older he won't be able to drive to the basket at will like hes been doing up to now.

Kobe and Jordan mastered the fadeaway which made those two almost unguardable while in their earlier years, they were very similiar to Lebron where they would drive to the basket at will.

Honestly, I don't see Lebron developing another part of his game now, hes really been babied up to this point and no one is going to force him to improve any part of his game.

Tim Leglar is right though, if he was coached properly right out of high school and to the NBA, Lebron might have been the best player in NBA history.

gaughan333
03-20-2011, 06:02 PM
lol dude, just stop....
Because his opinion differs from yours? There are many people who would agree with his opinion on this subject.

LA_Raiders
03-20-2011, 06:26 PM
3 years max...

Once Dwight comes to LA is game over for all...

kjoke
03-20-2011, 06:39 PM
For the next 6 years. With this core in place they will be contenders until the end of their contracts. For those who say less because of the age of wade, wade will regress that is for sure, but (if) with the MLE, and the ability of us to add key players, the load on wade will lessen and we will not be needed as much as before.

Arch Stanton
03-20-2011, 06:43 PM
I give them 2 years. If they don't win, I expect a trade of one of the big 3.

Avenged
03-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Depending on the pieces they add. With their 3 stars, they'll contend for the next 5 years. Will they win one? Probably yes, probably no, it just depends on the added pieces they make as well as other teams additions.

Minimal
03-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Well both James and Bosh are 26 and they play really good together and as soon as Wade becomes older and less athletic, this team will be still holding on James and Bosh and maybe some other younger talent, for example Dexter Pittman, Patrick Beverley, DaSean Butler or Jarvis Varnado. I give it 8 years.

lakeshow3peat
03-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Im not sure how many we will/can win and to be frank, im not worried about it yet. But I can tell you this much, the league is getting very competive with these up and coming teams like Chicago, New Orleans, and Portland, and the Lakers, C's, Spurs, and Mavs are always good. New York and Orlando are also just a few pieces away too. The league is competitive right now, which is exciting for me.

Yeah i know i agree so its going to be tough for the heat with there talent

Supreme LA
03-20-2011, 09:37 PM
lol dude, just stop....

And you believe he possesses these skills? :facepalm:

Jaji
03-20-2011, 11:26 PM
By the 3rd year. But then they better win it the 4th year too... etc.

Sir Buckets
03-21-2011, 12:03 AM
No idea, but I feel that the heat and this "big three" will never win a championship. Lebron James will most likely never win a championship.Yep. The Heat are broken on a fundamental level, and they're not going to get through teams like LA, Boston, Chicago, OKC, San Antonio, etc. right now, or Chicago or OKC down the line.

100 Percent agreed with you.

Hes been in the league what...8 years now? He hasn't improved his jump shot, he hasn't improved his back to the basket game at all in his 8 years.

Lets get one this straight, Lebron is a freak physically and a very gifted player but when he gets older he won't be able to drive to the basket at will like hes been doing up to now.

Kobe and Jordan mastered the fadeaway which made those two almost unguardable while in their earlier years, they were very similiar to Lebron where they would drive to the basket at will.

Honestly, I don't see Lebron developing another part of his game now, hes really been babied up to this point and no one is going to force him to improve any part of his game.

Tim Leglar is right though, if he was coached properly right out of high school and to the NBA, Lebron might have been the best player in NBA history.dingdingdingdingdingdingding

OC Knights #11
03-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Yep. The Heat are broken on a fundamental level, and they're not going to get through teams like LA, Boston, Chicago, OK, CSan Antonio, etc. right now, or Chicago or OKC down the line.

This year, yes I agree. All those teams I believe could take the Heat down in 7.

Looking back ten years from now, I believe Chicago and OKC will win championships with their respective stars (Rose, Durant). Although, teams like Boston and San Antonio will go through harsh times once their respective "big threes" retire or move on, especially San Antonio.

Car Ramrod
03-21-2011, 10:16 PM
They are missing a legit centre, point guard and someone that hit a three when the game is on the line. If they can even half fill in those pieces they will be tough. That being said the CBA could really put them in a bad position to do anything.

That being said I think the concerns regarding Wade and Bosh with their injury history are valid. Lebron seems to stay healthy but both Bosh and Wade have missed alot of time in their careers to injury.

I would love to watch this team with a good point guard though. It would stretch a defense and they would have a field day. But I am not sure Lebron and Wade would like that style of play even though it would make them unstoppable.

heatforlife
03-21-2011, 10:27 PM
lol 100% hate lol there first year and people are talking about how many years they have left lol

Bos_Sports4Life
03-21-2011, 10:33 PM
well, its quite possible they have a bigger chance in 2013-2015 with some of the elite teams fading away with age...

Tony_Starks
03-21-2011, 10:38 PM
".....5, 6,7 championships!"

xxcubs22xx
03-21-2011, 11:03 PM
lol 100% hate lol there first year and people are talking about how many years they have left lol

Well, they are discussing a pertinent subject. Hell, many people would say that the Heat are going to have trouble getting one title, let alone "not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, etc".

So i wouldn't really call it hate, its more like, exploitation.

Tony_Starks
03-21-2011, 11:10 PM
In all seriousness I think it will be a while before they even get one. The Lakers and Boston still have about 3 more good years on top and the Spurs probably another solid 2 years. The fact that they have key role players that are young will preserve them a little longer. I could see those teams taking turns for the next few years. Now once they get older and can't contend anymore then its Miami's turn.... but then again whose to say by that time that OKC or ChiTown may not be serious contenders by then?

Fireworld
03-22-2011, 06:00 AM
Ibc

JasonJohnHorn
03-22-2011, 09:34 AM
LeBron has decent skills, but once he loses athleticism it will hurt him a great amount.

A "decent" skill set? How about an AMAZING skill set. He has a great post game, he uses muscle as much (if not more) than athleticism, has a great jumper, is solid from long range. His game is built to take him into his late-thirties as an all-star! To expect anything less out of LBJ is to grossly underrate him.

Wade, I can see his game starting to decline around 32, but dude has got YEARS before that happens! As for Bosh, he just isnt fitting in. He isnt bring what these guys need. Moving him to LA for Bynum would be good (if Bynum is healthy) IF LA would bite on that. But lets face it, more than being concerned about declining play, they need to be worried about getting a rebounding, defensive presence in the paint and some depth on the bench.