PDA

View Full Version : Bynum hard foul on Beasley

Hustlenomics
03-19-2011, 01:10 PM
could see it at 1:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlehp9JWbTc&feature=player_embedded
Beasley went up for a shot and Bynum tackled him mid air causing Beasleys awkward landing. Will he get suspended for this?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-19-2011, 01:18 PM
I like it, he sent a message to the other teams that you have no business going to the paint against the Lakers.

If he gets suspended....so be it, we don't need him against Portland in staples, they are starting Alridge or wallace at C.

whitemamba33
03-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Hope not. But regardless...it sends a message.

Hustlenomics
03-19-2011, 01:20 PM
trying to injure a player mid air sends the wrong message

whitemamba33
03-19-2011, 01:22 PM

It was tied at that point and the Lakers went on to win by 8. I don't care what you think the message was..it got sent.

Let's not act like this was the first time it's happened. Shaq has been taking hard fouls his entire career. And Dampier tossed Tony into the 2nd row a few weeks ago lol.

If Bynum was known for this, I'd say there is a problem. But he's not.

johnnychan
03-19-2011, 01:22 PM

I don't think he had any intentions of injuring him, it was a close game and Bynum wasn't giving up an easy basket.

Cubsfan365
03-19-2011, 01:23 PM
I like it, he sent a message to the other teams that you have no business going to the paint against the Lakers.

If he gets suspended....so be it, we don't need him against Portland in staples, they are starting Alridge or wallace at C.
Really?!? There's plenty of ways to "send a message," without pulling this ********.

FuriousJatt
03-19-2011, 01:23 PM
i think he went for a block and then changed his mind and was trying to avoid contact. but then it seems like he did him on purpose. its kinda hard to tell when he was trying to do. whatever the league decides would be ok, as long as it doesnt cost him more than a game.

whitemamba33
03-19-2011, 01:24 PM
NBA fans are so soft these days.

theman64
03-19-2011, 01:24 PM
he didn't even go for the ball. not to worry tho karma is a bi$#h he has a bad knee so it will even out. dirty play by bynum.

Hustlenomics
03-19-2011, 01:25 PM
he elbowed him in midair with no intent on blocking the shot dirty play! If kg did this you guys would be calling him a punk and despicable human being or w/e else you guys call him

whitemamba33
03-19-2011, 01:26 PM
he elbowed him in midair with no intent on blocking the shot dirty play! If kg did this you guys would be calling him a punk and despicable human being or w/e else you guys call him

ok cool. Then call him a punk and whatever you want. Nobody cares.

Garnett has a history of being a dirty player. Bynum doesn't. If you are looking for a difference in this situation, than there it is.

J4KOP99
03-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Definitely deserves a suspension. As a lakers fan I liked it but theres no way anyone could argue that it wasn't dangerous. He flat-out elbowed Beasley in mid air...

kjoke
03-19-2011, 01:29 PM
I hate when people think this sends the right message. Point is it was a ***** play attacking a vulnerable person. But like someone ahead said, this will comeback and bite bynum.

ramz.n
03-19-2011, 01:31 PM
im suprised the glass man didn't get hurt on that play..he should get suspended..he didn't have his arms up or grabbed beasley, he simply just shoulder checked him with his elbow up...even worse it was when beasley was in mid air.

Avenged
03-19-2011, 01:33 PM
He sent a message but he shouldn't have went after him that way. He most likely should get suspended for it, didn't even look like he was at least trying to go for the ball.

FuriousJatt
03-19-2011, 01:34 PM
I hate when people think this sends the right message. Point is it was a ***** play attacking a vulnerable person. But like someone ahead said, this will comeback and bite bynum.

it already has, i think he has paid the price before the crime. lol

btw: kg is a dirty player, i dont like him as a bbal player but i respect him for his efforts after hurricane katrina.

LakersA's49ers
03-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Drew didnt even go for the ball. easy ejection. hopefully he doesnt get suspended though. I've seen some horrible flagrant fouls, but that one definitely deserved the flagrant 2

Cubsfan365
03-19-2011, 01:35 PM
i think he went for a block and then changed his mind and was trying to avoid contact. but then it seems like he did him on purpose. its kinda hard to tell when he was trying to do. whatever the league decides would be ok, as long as it doesnt cost him more than a game.
:speechless: I think it's pretty clear he swung his elbow right at Beasley. No doubt about that in my opinion.

Public Enemy #1
03-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Bynum deserves a suspension. Wasn't a hard clean foul, it was dirty foul. Bynum did it on purpose...you could tell in the replay, he had the intention of hitting Beasley hard.

MrfadeawayJB
03-19-2011, 01:38 PM
It's not his fault that Minny is not used to playing with playoff intensity!

The landing is what made it look bad, i think bynum tried to avoid it actually

sep11ie
03-19-2011, 01:38 PM
It was a dirty play, but I like hard nosed basketball.

Hunter48MVP
03-19-2011, 01:40 PM
It was a message to the Thunder after what Kendrick Perkins said about the Lakers. I think

John Walls Era
03-19-2011, 01:40 PM
BTW it also sends a message for other teams to do this on him.

gotoHcarolina52
03-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Bynum should get suspended for a few of games. That was a b - move. Dirty play. No place for that in sports. Send that fat piece of turd to the bench for 5 games.

DerekRE_3
03-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Yes because he pulled the same **** on Gerald Wallace. He collapsed his lung and broke his ribs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbcjL7AVxMA

whitemamba33
03-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Bynum should get suspended for a couple of games. That was a b - move.

How many games did Dampier get for shoving Tony Parker?

magichatnumber9
03-19-2011, 01:45 PM
it already has, i think he has paid the price before the crime. lol

btw: kg is a dirty player, i dont like him as a bbal player but i respect him for his efforts after hurricane katrina.KG's an ******* and a instigator but he's not a dirty player. I've never seen KG put another player in position to miss games due to injury like Bynum did here and the take down he gave Perk in the finals. Bynum is dirty and that's worse then anything KG has done.

Sly Guy
03-19-2011, 01:47 PM
clearly a dirty foul. No play at the ball, so it's a flagrant at least. He'd be suspended if:
1. he's got a history of these types of fouls
2. Beas got injured.

Otherwise, just take the 2 shot and the ball.

DerekRE_3
03-19-2011, 01:48 PM
At least KG doesn't send people to the emergency room by collapsing their lungs on dirty plays. I ****ing hate Bynum now. He tried to do the same thing to Beasley.

DerekRE_3
At least KG doesn't send people to the emergency room by collapsing their lungs on dirty plays. I ****ing hate Bynum now. He tried to do the same thing to Beasley.

whitemamba33
KG's an ******* and a instigator but he's not a dirty player. I've never seen KG put another player in position to miss games due to injury like Bynum did here and the take down he gave Perk in the finals. Bynum is dirty and that's worse then anything KG has done.

Punching Fry in the nuts = dirty.

Please don't try and explain how it's not.

magichatnumber9
03-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Yes because he pulled the same **** on Gerald Wallace. He collapsed his lung and broke his ribs.

Fat Albert realizes he's not in the WWE?

whitemamba33
03-19-2011, 01:50 PM
So Andrew...after your latest foul it would seem like fans from various other NBA teams now hate you. Does that bother you at all?

Bynum:...(you fill in the rest).

gerber
03-19-2011, 01:50 PM

thats as cheap as KG

DerekRE_3
03-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Fat Albert realizes he's not in the WWE?

Since it's a repeat offense of him elbowing guys in the chest when they are in the air, this should be a multiple game suspension. It's pretty obvious this is just something he tries to do.

Hustlenomics
03-19-2011, 01:51 PM

Please don't try and explain how it's not.

yep but Taking players down with no intention of going for the ball (Gerald Wallace,Perk in game 6,Beasley,etc.) is just sending a message

magichatnumber9
03-19-2011, 01:53 PM

Please don't try and explain how it's not.Mamba it was a nut tap not cocked back punch. Dirty like the Mchale Rambis closeline that dirty. Not irritate dirty.

tmacsc2
03-19-2011, 01:53 PM
It was tied at that point and the Lakers went on to win by 8. I don't care what you think the message was..it got sent.

Let's not act like this was the first time it's happened. Shaq has been taking hard fouls his entire career. And Dampier tossed Tony into the 2nd row a few weeks ago lol.

If Bynum was known for this, I'd say there is a problem. But he's not.

Thats a football hit from a safety position! Where is John Cheney in all this? Did he send another "goon" out there to do this!?!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83JV4xyVYA8
Pretty much the same hit, obviously harder!

AddiX
03-19-2011, 01:54 PM
I'm all for hard fouls and sending a message. But he elbowed him and took his egs out from under him. That's to much.

And I hope minny stepped up to him about it, that's one herb team if no one did a thing about it.

whitemamba33
03-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Mamba it was a nut tap not cocked back punch. Dirty like the Mchale Rambis closeline that dirty. Not irritate dirty.

It was dirty.

I don't care how you want to try and spin it so it sounds less dirty...it was a dirty play, and Garnett has had plenty. Spend an afternoon with youtube and you'll see that.

Squad13
03-19-2011, 01:55 PM

Yeah, because Bynum fouled Wallace with the intention of sending him to an emergency room :facepalm: This foul was a flagrant 2, remember in slow motion its always going to look worse. I don't think he did it to hurt them, **** this would be a weak foul compared to back in the day

Trace
03-19-2011, 01:55 PM

Even Kurt Rambis said that the intent was not malicious.

whitemamba33
03-19-2011, 01:57 PM
yep but Taking players down with no intention of going for the ball (Gerald Wallace,Perk in game 6,Beasley,etc.) is just sending a message

Did I say it wasn't a bad foul or a dirty play? No. So does your post really mean anything here? No. Read what I write.

I just pointed it out that it sent a message. It was tied at that point, and Lakers took over from there. There are tons of such plays in NBA history.

LAKERMANIA
03-19-2011, 01:57 PM

Because he is known for those things, Bynum isn't..

magichatnumber9
03-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Let me just say for the record here that I think Bynum is a really good center that needs to have more control. The fat Albert comment was a little too much. But I don't condone KG's foolishness. And I don't condone dirty plays that can result in an injury to a player on the court. You defend a player using the laws of vertacality not the laws of your right or left elbow while a player is in mid air defenseless. I understand why Laker fans are defending Bynum and bringing KG in to deflect blame and shame. It's o.k were all fans and we all do it.

Tom2634
03-19-2011, 02:00 PM

No **** it was on purpose, "went for the block and changed his mind" give me a ****in break, it was the biggest cheap shot this year, worse than KG sack tap by a mile. If Darko had done this to Kobe there would have been a breaking news story on ESPN, an all night Kobe health watch, followed by a 3 day special about dirty basketball plays on sportscenter. Darko would have been tried and executed by the NBA before the night was over. I never had a reason to hate Bynum before, but it's good to know i do. He should be suspended, but lets be honest he wears a yellow jersey and it was against the Wolves.

BTW for those who didn't see the game, while Beasley was laying on the ground, Matt Barnes came over and started talking ****, Beasley got up and started talking back and got T'd up. I was praying that Beas would do what someone should have done a long time ago and pounded that punk into the ground.

DerekRE_3
03-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Yeah, because Bynum fouled Wallace with the intention of sending him to an emergency room :facepalm: This foul was a flagrant 2, remember in slow motion its always going to look worse. I don't think he did it to hurt them, **** this would be a weak foul compared to back in the day

Well, when you throw your elbows into the chest of someone when they are going full speed and in the air where they are defenseless, that's pretty much the very definition of an intentional foul. Now, he does the exact same thing to Beasley, he's just lucky Beasley wasn't going as fast as Wallace was because the same thing could have happened. He's dirty. You don't see anyone else in the NBA making plays like that. Nobody. Not even KG elbows guys in the side when they are going full speed to the rim.

Back in the day maybe players did intentionally fling their elbows into people going full speed at the basket, but guess what, it's clearly not back in the day right now.

lpdunks8
03-19-2011, 02:03 PM
Nowadays, even the fans are soft. Are you guys kidding me with all this suspension talk?

If a guy talks trash throughout the game and showboats (Beasley was acting out the whole game), he needs to be dealt with. Ask any player from the 80's or 90's. The sissification of America is getting worse and worse.

Beasley didn't have a problem with it after the game. Look up his quotes. He said he had no problem with it because the Lakers are getting ready for the play-offs. He said it was a good play-off foul.

Big men are supposed to protect the paint and that includes fouls that are now called dirty.

By the way, the only truly dirty fouls are:

- Attack to head or neck
- Undercutting the legs/push in back while player is airborne
- Groin area attack

$0.02 paid!!

Chacarron
03-19-2011, 02:03 PM
Bynum was clearly frustrated and let his emotions get the best of him. I like the toughness but it did seem to go over the line. I like hard fouls but Bynum shouldn't lead with his elbow next time. Maybe a 1 game suspension, but since Garnett hasn't been suspended for so many cheap shots this season, I don't think Stern will suspend Bynum.

whitemamba33
03-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Let me just say for the record here that I think Bynum is a really good center that needs to have more control. The fat Albert comment was a little too much. But I don't condone KG's foolishness. And I don't condone dirty plays that can result in an injury to a player on the court. You defend a player using the laws of vertacality not the laws of your right or left elbow while a player is in mid air defenseless. I understand why Laker fans are defending Bynum and bringing KG in to deflect blame and shame. It's o.k were all fans and we all do it.

Bringing in KG just gives perspective. And it's not just KG..LOTS of players have been on the giving end of similar fouls.

I freely admit that this was a bad foul, but it's not something that will raise the bar for hard fouls in the NBA.

The "BAD BOYS" were known for taking cheap and hard fouls in their day. If we can't get over this, it only shows how soft NBA fans have become.

Regardless, if neither Rambis or Beasley had anything bad to say about the foul, I think this case is closed.

FuriousJatt

Most of us actually agree with you that it was a dirty play... doesnt matter how much it hurt or not. but the reason we're bringing kg up is, cuz some other fan mentioned kg first. to be honest i think this foul looks worse than it is. the gerald wallace foul was just too cheap, and dirty but this one isnt that bad, but still dirty.

lakeshow3peat
At a kid Bynum way too show your toughness now Gasol did you see that where ya at Pau? Haters be hating that is called being tough if you cant handle the contact trying to score then dont try ha ha .

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Really?!? There's plenty of ways to "send a message," without pulling this ********.

Who cares, at least beasley is scared now, he will now only take 20 foot jumpshots vs LA.

DerekRE_3
03-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Most of us actually agree with you that it was a dirty play... doesnt matter how much it hurt or not. but the reason we're bringing kg up is, cuz some other fan mentioned kg first. to be honest i think this foul looks worse than it is. the gerald wallace foul was just too cheap, and dirty but this one isnt that bad, but still dirty.

If Beasley was as quick as Wallace there would have been a similar result. The same dirty intentions were there with the Beasley foul. Bynum is lucky he didn't hurt him.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-19-2011, 02:07 PM

well Lakers like to play tough defense....u know

ESaady
03-19-2011, 02:09 PM
If Bynum wasn't on the Lakers or any team of relevance to David Stern, he would be suspended.

LN=EVER,FN=G8ST
No **** it was on purpose, "went for the block and changed his mind" give me a ****in break, it was the biggest cheap shot this year, worse than KG sack tap by a mile. If Darko had done this to Kobe there would have been a breaking news story on ESPN, an all night Kobe health watch, followed by a 3 day special about dirty basketball plays on sportscenter. Darko would have been tried and executed by the NBA before the night was over. I never had a reason to hate Bynum before, but it's good to know i do. He should be suspended, but lets be honest he wears a yellow jersey and it was against the Wolves.

BTW for those who didn't see the game, while Beasley was laying on the ground, Matt Barnes came over and started talking ****, Beasley got up and started talking back and got T'd up. I was praying that Beas would do what someone should have done a long time ago and pounded that punk into the ground.

No your mistaking Kobe with lebron with the what if darko fouled him like that cuz espn loves lebron

As for your second part look at the video he stood right back up he was never laying on the ground it's like he wanted to punch Bynum

lpdunks8
If Beasley was as quick as Wallace there would have been a similar result. The same dirty intentions were there with the Beasley foul. Bynum is lucky he didn't hurt him.

Please take into consideration that Wallace gets pretty bad unusual (for b-ball) injuries (concussions) fairly easily. That had a lot more to do with it than the "uniqueness" of the foul.

magichatnumber9
03-19-2011, 02:10 PM
I thought Beaz neez's arm got broken. Dude is tough I'll give him that. Coach Ram was looking at him like what, get back in the game *****.

magichatnumber9
03-19-2011, 02:11 PM
well Lakers like to play tough defense....u knowDude your sig has me dying right now. :D

LN=EVER,FN=G8ST
03-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Nowadays, even the fans are soft. Are you guys kidding me with all this suspension talk?

If a guy talks trash throughout the game and showboats (Beasley was acting out the whole game), he needs to be dealt with. Ask any player from the 80's or 90's. The sissification of America is getting worse and worse.

Beasley didn't have a problem with it after the game. Look up his quotes. He said he had no problem with it because the Lakers are getting ready for the play-offs. He said it was a good play-off foul.

Big men are supposed to protect the paint and that includes fouls that are now called dirty.

- Attack to head or neck
- Groin area attack

$0.02 paid!!

This x1000000000

ESaady
03-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Please take into consideration that Wallace gets pretty bad unusual (for b-ball) injuries (concussions) fairly easily. That had a lot more to do with it than the "uniqueness" of the foul.

Getting a straight elbow to the ribs causing a collapsed lung and broken ribs had to do with being injury prone? Are you ******** me?

Wallace got hit going at full speed. That's not from being injury prone, that's from getting lit up by a 7 footer.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-19-2011, 02:12 PM

Barnes likes hard fouls too:laugh2:

I remember when he was injured and was sitting on the sideline someone on the lakers commited a really hard foul and Barnes was cheering up lol.

ESaady
03-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Barnes likes hard fouls too:laugh2:

I remember when he was injured and was sitting on the sideline someone on the lakers commited a really hard foul and Barnes was cheering up lol.

Yeah, ha I remember when Barnes was with the Warriors and he always got up into everyone's grill. Him, Baron and Stephen Jackson would talk **** for days.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
If Bynum wasn't on the Lakers or any team of relevance to David Stern, he would be suspended.

:confused:

LN=EVER,FN=G8ST

So thats why Garnett hasn't gotten suspended right? Cuz hes on the celtics?

lpdunks8
03-19-2011, 02:15 PM
Getting a straight elbow to the ribs causing a collapsed lung and broken ribs had to do with being injury prone? Are you ******** me?

Wallace got hit going at full speed. That's not from being injury prone, that's from getting lit up by a 7 footer.

I didn't say he was injury prone (which to me means it happens all of the time). What I meant was that he has been hit a few times and got dinged more than most do on similar situations. Look up his injury history. People on here are making it seem like the hit would have broken everyone's ribs.

Context is an important factor when dealing with these things.

ESaady
03-19-2011, 02:16 PM

If it were Mareese Speights on the 76ers committing that foul, he would be suspended. Everyone knows Stern plays favorites. I'm not saying Bynum SHOULD be suspended, I'm just saying the way the league works now is that flagrants get reviewed and then they assess penalties, Bynum will probably get a fine and that's it.

Teeboy1487
03-19-2011, 02:16 PM
I did not like it. Not only it was a dirty play but he hurts his team now on a possible suspension for the next game. The health of a player is far more important than sending a message. Beasley could have been injured badly. It was not worth it at all.

ESaady
03-19-2011, 02:17 PM
So thats why Garnett hasn't gotten suspended right? Cuz hes on the celtics?

How many cheap shots have you seen from him and how many suspensions has he gotten?

Lake_Show2416
03-19-2011, 02:17 PM
stay outta our paint...

whitemamba33
03-19-2011, 02:18 PM
If it were Mareese Speights on the 76ers committing that foul, he would be suspended. Everyone knows Stern plays favorites. I'm not saying Bynum SHOULD be suspended, I'm just saying the way the league works now is that flagrants get reviewed and then they assess penalties, Bynum will probably get a fine and that's it.

ESaady
03-19-2011, 02:20 PM
I didn't say he was injury prone (which to me means it happens all of the time). What I meant was that he has been hit a few times and got dinged more than most do on similar situations. Look up his injury history. People on here are making it seem like the hit would have broken everyone's ribs.

Context is an important factor when dealing with these things.

Sorry let me rephrase since you seem to hold such a high standard for context. Although Gerald Wallace seems susceptible to random injuries, I do believe that hit would have broken a lot of people's ribs. That's just me though.

Sadds The Gr8
03-19-2011, 02:21 PM
what an *** hole. he should be suspended

ESaady
03-19-2011, 02:22 PM

I don't understand why people are getting confused. If he wasn't on the Lakers(or a team of relevance to Stern aka Celtics, Heat, Bulls) it would be viewed differently.

marlinsfan24
03-19-2011, 02:23 PM
stay outta our paint...

Or Bynum will try to end your career?

BALLER71
03-19-2011, 02:24 PM

lolbias.

lpdunks8
03-19-2011, 02:24 PM
It's to the neck, so I call it dirty. Yet, Pippen doesn't get thrown out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4vaNoMvoDU&feature=related

Keep in mind these teams routinely got into fights, but this seemed kinda normal to them.

Just some perspective.

whitemamba33
03-19-2011, 02:25 PM

By that logic, better stay out of the Heat's paint to.

ESaady
03-19-2011, 02:26 PM
It's to the neck, so I call it dirty. Yet, Pippen doesn't get thrown out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4vaNoMvoDU&feature=related

Keep in mind these teams routinely got into fights, but this seemed kinda normal to them.

Just some perspective.

Well with the continued effort to "clean the image" of the league, that isn't accepted anymore. I like that type of basketball though, made for some crazy, yet exciting games.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-19-2011, 02:27 PM

Nah Beasley and Wallace are just soft

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-19-2011, 02:30 PM
lolbias.

If Dampier got no suspension for that hard foul on parker then Bynum should be clean.

That foul on Parker was turrible...

Purple&Gold24
03-19-2011, 02:33 PM

- Attack to head or neck
- Groin area attack

$0.02 paid!!

This post should shut everyone the :censored: uppp. with theyre suspensions. The fall made it look worse than it really was. Beasleys a big boy he can handle it. If this was from another team other than the Lakers no one would really be paying attention to it. Unless your tap nuts you know:)

Purple&Gold24
03-19-2011, 02:35 PM

:facepalm: Go home.

Lakers + Giants
03-19-2011, 02:36 PM
this definitely deserves a 1 or 2 game suspension. But to call him dirty after a flagrant foul?? wow. . .and to the DMC fan boy, i rather my player be dirty than immature and cocky.

Hustlenomics
03-19-2011, 02:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7JTtJZzYcA&feature=fvst
^ Bynum isn't the only Laker going for the ball
Karma's a ***** Bynum and your weak knees won't last

Dallas Tx4Life
03-19-2011, 02:39 PM
It was a solid hard foul.... Until he threw that elbow.. He's lucky that didn't land but you could see bad intentions with that badboy..

whitemamba33
03-19-2011, 02:39 PM

Oh no!!! How will AI's thigh ever recover?

johnnychan
03-19-2011, 02:40 PM
No easy buckets in the nba!

Testaverde16
03-19-2011, 02:40 PM
it was dirty, he will be suspended... lets not get crazy and think that this is the first time in recent memory anyone has had a hard foul. KG doesnt have the balls to go after someone taller than 6'2, but other players do. This **** happens, it will happen again. It's unfortunate but lets just be glad hes okay.

Testaverde16
03-19-2011, 02:44 PM

Do you really think your boys are above this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLAtj7FKU_o&feature=related

Hustlenomics
03-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Do you really think your boys are above this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLAtj7FKU_o&feature=related

Big Baby just sending a message :rolleyes:

epizo1
03-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Bynum was clearly frustrated and let his emotions get the best of him. I like the toughness but it did seem to go over the line. I like hard fouls but Bynum shouldn't lead with his elbow next time. Maybe a 1 game suspension, but since Garnett hasn't been suspended for so many cheap shots this season, I don't think Stern will suspend Bynum.

So far best answer and analysis of the situation. For those that didn't watch the game just prior to that play Bynum felt he got fouled at the other end and was then called for an offensive foul. It was an immature thing for him to have done. The timing was bad too. Game was tied and in the 4th. Could have cost the team a win. He'll need to learn from this so it doesn't happen in a meaningful game. He made an impulsive reaction based on his emotions. That does not translate into a dirty player. Does he deserve a suspension? Unfortunately I think he does. But so did Dampier and Garnett. I agree the league can be superficial. But if anyone knows a hard foul it is Kurt Rambis lol I hope Beasely is ok I like 80's brand of basketball but the way the rules are set up now doesn't allow for these kind of plays. Still hoping he doesn't get suspended, though =)

Raph12
03-19-2011, 02:48 PM
I like it, a big man playing like a big man...

Lakers + Giants
03-19-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm not sayin it wasn't dirty, because it obviously was, but as a celtics fan you shouldn't be talkin **** about "dirty players". Grow up, not all fouls are gonna be ticky tack fouls. Injuries do occur after fouls at times, luckily it wasn't as bad as it could have been for beasley.

lkingratedr
03-19-2011, 03:01 PM
i say bynum gets a 2 game suspension one for the shoulder check and one for the elbow he threw

lpdunks8
03-19-2011, 03:05 PM
i say bynum gets a 2 game suspension one for the shoulder check and one for the elbow he threw

Surely, you can't be serious. If this happens, the NBA is truly soft and weak. You might as well put red jerseys on them like QBs wear at football practice.

championships
03-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Beasley was running his mouth all game. I'm surprised Artest didn't do anything earlier in the game. I'm sure Bynum will see a suspension but I have no problem with it.

kylem4711
03-19-2011, 03:07 PM
bynum is a *****. no one is scared of him anyway.

RowanJournalist
03-19-2011, 03:19 PM
You can't mess with someone when they're helplessly in the air like that. That's why they give out suspensions; to avoid this. I wouldn't call this a hard foul any more than i'd call it a dumbass move.

championships
03-19-2011, 03:20 PM
bynum is a *****. no one is scared of him anyway.

If your scared of anyone, You have no business in the N.B.A.

KnicksR4Real
03-19-2011, 03:23 PM
bull. wasnt that bad

whitemamba33
03-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Big Baby just sending a message :rolleyes:

not "just".

Raph12
03-19-2011, 03:24 PM
If your scared of anyone, You have no business in the N.B.A.

Tell that to Lebron, he's avoided meeting Dwight at the basket since the 09 playoffs lol...

Crackadalic
03-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Ive seen way way worse during the 90's. What Bynum did is just him sending the message. Beasley would have done the same thing so he needs to calm down

GeekInThePink
03-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Dirty play, nobody these days should be throwing elbows at someone mid-jump, that seemed like an attempt to injure in my opinion, I know I'm a huge beasley fan, but this was over the line in today's NBA. 3 game suspension should be enforced at minimum.

LN=EVER,FN=G8ST
03-19-2011, 03:31 PM
I think the right call was made but no suspension should be made I think Bynum when up for the block but before he could raise his hands high Beasley was already going by him

LN=EVER,FN=G8ST
03-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Dirty play, nobody these days should be throwing elbows at someone mid-jump, that seemed like an attempt to injure in my opinion, I know I'm a huge beasley fan, but this was over the line in today's NBA. 3 game suspension should be enforced at minimum.

3 game suspension really? Lol

Hustlenomics
03-19-2011, 03:33 PM
I think the right call was made but no suspension should be made I think Bynum when up for the block but before he could raise his hands high Beasley was already going by him

he went for the block with his elbows??!:confused:

DerekRE_3
03-19-2011, 03:35 PM

Oh please. Concussions have nothing to do with broken ribs and a collapsed lung. He's aggressive, sure, more so than most other players. But Bynum had no chance to stop him so he made a very dirty play. He didn't even make an attempt to make a play on the ball. He went right for the ribs with his elbows while he was in the air. Inexcusable, and has nothing to do with Wallace's injury history.

I hope Bynum blows both of his knees out.

Purple&Gold24
03-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Ive seen way way worse during the 90's. What Bynum did is just him sending the message. Beasley would have done the same thing so he needs to calm down

:clap:

Jenceman
03-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Oh please. Concussions have nothing to do with broken ribs and a collapsed lung. He's aggressive, sure, more so than most other players. But Bynum had no chance to stop him so he made a very dirty play. He didn't even make an attempt to make a play on the ball. He went right for the ribs with his elbows while he was in the air. Inexcusable, and has nothing to do with Wallace's injury history.

Yeesh, you're protests have dwelved into straight up crying now. We get it, you don't like the hard fouls. No need to act like Bynum took your lunch money.

Anyways, on topic...

It was a bad foul, and unnecessary, and a single game suspension isn't completely out of the question. Anything longer than that is going to be hard to justify and a complete stretch. And wishing an injury on a player is just stupid and childish. Way to show maturity.

DerekRE_3
03-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Yeesh, you're protests have dwelved into straight up crying now. We get it, you don't like the hard fouls. No need to act like Bynum took your lunch money.

Anyways, on topic...

It was a bad foul, and unnecessary, and a single game suspension isn't completely out of the question. Anything longer than that is going to be hard to justify and a complete stretch. And wishing an injury on a player is just stupid and childish. Way to show maturity.

Hard fouls are fine. Purposefully elbowing guys in the ribs, not fine.

GeekInThePink
03-19-2011, 03:47 PM

Anyways, on topic...

and trying to injure another player because hes running his mouth is mature? they should make an example of him and suspend him a few games at minimum.

CityofTreez
03-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Andrew Bynum is a ****ing tall glass of water! He can't even foul correctly, what a hot mess!

Boogie ****ing served him a cold one earlier in the season!

DoubleDragon
03-19-2011, 03:51 PM
I don't think he had any intentions of injuring him, it was a close game and Bynum wasn't giving up an easy basket.

I loved that Bill Lambeer, the ex-Detroit Piston "enforcer" who is assistant coach for Minnesota, was laughing and talking on the sidelines after the foul. If you see some of that guys hits against everyone in his day, it made that hit last night look like a love tap.

I hate to see someone hurt like that, regardless of who it is (almost) but I don't think it warrants suspension. He got ejected, punishment fit the crime. Beasley landed awkward, which was unfortunate. But he charged in there like a young player with no abandon, kind of like the D Wade of old. While it certainly is exciting to see these young studs and their acrobatics, with that abandon comes injuries and landings like that one.

I hope he's okay. Sincerely.

LAKERMANIA
03-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Seeing everyone's reaction, I miss 90s basketball

whitemamba33
03-19-2011, 03:53 PM
My parting words:

There are two people that should be the most upset about this:

1. Beasley: after all...he's the victem in all this, right? If anybody should be upset about the foul, it's him. Yet:

"I'm fine. I'm cool. I'm straight,"

"It was just a hard foul, a playoff foul. They're getting ready for the playoffs, man. It's the kind of foul and the kind of basketball they've got to play, and you've got to get used to playing against that."

2. Kurt Rambis: Minnesota's coach. It's his job to protect his players, and obviously he would have interest in Beasley's health considering he is one of the teams best players. Yet:

"That's playoff basketball, they're gearing up for it,"

"I thought it was good for our guys to see how rough and physical a game can be, that's a good thing for our learning experience.

No offense to ANYONE here, but if the two guys who have a reason to be upset aren't, than I'm going to take their word for it over some overreacting fanboys that are just looking for reasons to hate on the Lakers.

Goodnight ladies.

jayball41
03-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Stop being soft. He went up to block him and realized there was no point since beasley was behind the basket so he brought his arm in instead. Calm the hell down. It just looks bad

LA_Raiders
03-19-2011, 03:55 PM
suspencion coming up...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-19-2011, 03:57 PM

C'mon Beasley is alive

Jenceman
03-19-2011, 03:59 PM
and trying to injure another player because hes running his mouth is mature? they should make an example of him and suspend him a few games at minimum.

Eh, were talking about guys straight out of high school and a year or two of college. Most of them are complete idiots, while you would expect more out of posters as far as maturity.

And why make an example of him? Just because he fouled one of your favorite players? Think reasonably here. I hate when the justification of "make an example out of him" is made. That's ********, even from simple NBA fouls to murders and such. You treat each case as its own, you don't make examples out of people.

Even Rambis and Beasley have said it's simply playoff style basketball. If the one's perpetrated against are fine with it, then move on.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Andrew Bynum is a ****ing tall glass of water! He can't even foul correctly, what a hot mess!

Boogie ****ing served him a cold one earlier in the season!

lol bynum wasnt healthy

bynum is 10 times a player than Kid Cousins is.

shep33
03-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Even as a Laker fan I think he'll get suspended. But let me say this, Beasley has been trash talking the Lakers all year long on the court if you've been watching the games between the two teams, Bynum wanted to shut him up, he did that but I mean he took it a bit too far. If he had lifted his arm up a bit instead of leading with the elbow it probably would've only been a flagrant 1.

Still deserves a suspension, but in all truth, that's what old school basketball is. I hate how Beasley was injured, but I mean Rick Mahorn, Bill Laimbeer, kevin McHale, Karl Malone, etc. have all done something like that before to send a message.

championships
03-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Here is a question. Why didn't any of Beasleys teammates have his back?. I saw Laker players backing up Bynum, getting in Beasleys face. No one did a thing for him on his team, Not a push, no one got in anyones face, Nothing. Did any Twolve even comment on it after the game?

CityofTreez
03-19-2011, 04:05 PM
C'mon Beasley is alive

You don't get it, he isn't learning from past experiences!

A dumb kid gets a timeout (he's had that already), a dumb player gets a suspension!

shep33
03-19-2011, 04:06 PM
My parting words:

1. Beasley: after all...he's the victem in all this, right? If anybody should be upset about the foul, it's him. Yet:

"It was just a hard foul, a playoff foul. They're getting ready for the playoffs, man. It's the kind of foul and the kind of basketball they've got to play, and you've got to get used to playing against that."

2. Kurt Rambis: Minnesota's coach. It's his job to protect his players, and obviously he would have interest in Beasley's health considering he is one of the teams best players. Yet:

"I thought it was good for our guys to see how rough and physical a game can be, that's a good thing for our learning experience.

No offense to ANYONE here, but if the two guys who have a reason to be upset aren't, than I'm going to take their word for it over some overreacting fanboys that are just looking for reasons to hate on the Lakers.

Goodnight ladies.

Thank you... if this was the 90s, that would've been a flagrant but with no suspension and no ejection. I'm not trying to be a **** but I think Beasley kinda realized that was coming after he was talking a lot of trash, that's why in his post game interview he just said it was a "playoff" based foul. I commend Beasley for his comments, guy didn't seem to hot headed and reactionary... he knew what was going on.

Still he deserves a game suspension, but I mean if you were watching the game, that was just a message foul. And I miss that a bit, but understand that times have changed.

Bruno
03-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Should Bynum be suspended a game? Yes. When you hit a vulnerable player in the air there should be repercussions; gotta protect high-flyers in the air.

Am I glad as a fan of the P&G that wing players will start to think twice before attacking the bucket with Bynum in the game? Yes.

Love it or hate it, this wouldn't have been news in 1985.

shep33
03-19-2011, 04:17 PM
You can tell the Lakers were planning on getting a hard hit on Beasley. Look at how the Lakers weren't really surprised about the foul, plus look at how their are 5 Lakers standing around Beasley just staring at him.

Lakers + Giants
03-19-2011, 04:24 PM
http://twitter.com/janiscarr/status/49193119022981120

News of any possible suspension re: Bynum might not come until Monday. We'll see. Bigger news is whether Kobe's neck will allow him to play

I love it!:clap::p Then he still might play tomorrow (portland). Woo!

shep33
03-19-2011, 04:29 PM

Yeah, I'm more worried about Kobe right now

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-19-2011, 04:36 PM

What happened with Kobe's neck?:speechless::sigh:

shep33
03-19-2011, 04:37 PM
What happened with Kobe's neck?:speechless::sigh:

When he got hit in the jaw, his head snapped back.

GREATNESS ONE
03-19-2011, 04:38 PM
I thought Beaz neez's arm got broken. Dude is tough I'll give him that. Coach Ram was looking at him like what, get back in the game *****.

:clap:LMAO read all the post and this one made m me bust up laughing. Sooo true. It was a hard foul and the game has gotten soft nowadays.

Avenged
03-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Suspending Bynum would be a gift for the Lakers so I can careless. It would rest up his knee and avoid any injury for a center who is prone to them. It was a bit cheap, fans don't like it because he's a Laker but if this was a player on your team you would applaud it. It's what being a fan, and disliking a team is about (at least here on PSD).

Fnom11
03-19-2011, 05:06 PM
He deserves at least a 5game suspension for deliberately trying to hurt another player like that. Will he get it? No, probably not.

LanceUpperCut
03-19-2011, 05:18 PM
I hate hearing this it sends a message ********, for one it's against the wolves and two you send a message by a clean hard foul sure but not some gutless shot. If this was reversed and Bynum was hammered and ****ed up his knee I'm sure many opinions would be diffrent.

Lakers + Giants
03-19-2011, 05:25 PM
I hate hearing this it sends a message ********, for one it's against the wolves and two you send a message by a clean hard foul sure but not some gutless shot. If this was reversed and Bynum was hammered and ****ed up his knee I'm sure many opinions would be diffrent.

Sure, because you said IF he ****ed up his knee. If Beasley would have injured his arm on the play then he would have been suspended immediately. no ****. .

JNA17
03-19-2011, 05:28 PM
need more of that in the nba. People forget now a days what an actual foul is and what a flagrant foul use to be.

marlinsfan24
03-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Even as a Laker fan I think he'll get suspended. But let me say this, Beasley has been trash talking the Lakers all year long on the court if you've been watching the games between the two teams, Bynum wanted to shut him up, he did that but I mean he took it a bit too far. If he had lifted his arm up a bit instead of leading with the elbow it probably would've only been a flagrant 1.

Still deserves a suspension, but in all truth, that's what old school basketball is. I hate how Beasley was injured, but I mean Rick Mahorn, Bill Laimbeer, kevin McHale, Karl Malone, etc. have all done something like that before to send a message.

I was kidding earlier in the thread, too bad everyone took it too seriously. I completely agree with this post. I also think if Dampier wasn't suspended for his foul on Parker, this shouldn't be a suspension either.

topdog
03-19-2011, 05:33 PM
That should be a suspension. It's an elbow as far as I'm concerned and if you're that big you know you can't avoid anybody so that's a lame excuse.

marlinsfan24
03-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Suspending Bynum would be a gift for the Lakers so I can careless. It would rest up his knee and avoid any injury for a center who is prone to them. It was a bit cheap, fans don't like it because he's a Laker but if this was a player on your team you would applaud it. It's what being a fan, and disliking a team is about (at least here on PSD).

I disagree. I was very upset with Dampier and his flagrant foul on Parker. There's a major difference between a hard foul and a blatantly trying to hurt someone. Bynum's really wasn't that bad.

OnslaughtXX6
03-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Never liked Bynum and I never will. Cheap shot by a totally soft and overrated player.

Jewelz0376
03-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Beasley was talking way too much the whole game....I bet he'll think twice before running his mouth against the lakers again :no:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-19-2011, 05:38 PM
Never liked Bynum and I never will. Cheap shot by a totally soft and overrated player.

:rolleyes:

lpdunks8
03-19-2011, 06:00 PM

Classy, "I hope Bynum blows both of his knees out."

So, everyone who has ever fouled someone this "badly" should blow their knees out?

You seem to love Cousins. Have you ever criticized his actions in life and baskteball, or are you just cherry picking here for your agenda?

Does anybody see the humor in some of the "suspend him" folks on here? Laimbeer laughed about it while Rambis and Beasley both said it was a play-off foul.

Common sense dictates that you believe what the affected party has to say doesn't it?

Their lack of disgust speaks volumes when you consider how much players and coaches nowadays complain about contact.

magichatnumber9
03-19-2011, 06:06 PM
Why do I have the feeling someone is going to land awkwardly on Bynum's bad knee.

Supreme LA
03-19-2011, 06:08 PM

For that comment I hope Bynum sends Wade hitting the floor hard the next time he drives the lane.

lpdunks8
03-19-2011, 06:13 PM

What is your definition of soft? When he was 17 (or barely 18), he went at a hugh and still monstrous force named Shaq. He has never backed down from anyone. Please explain your comment.

With regard to overrated, you seem to be at odds with opposing players and Gms. So, everyone can judge that comment based on that fact.

iliketurtles24
03-19-2011, 06:36 PM
the same thing happend to me in high school going up for a dunk and was undercut by two or three players and broke both bones in my arm, missed the rest of the season, this is a cheap foul, he should be suspended but he wont

lpdunks8
03-19-2011, 06:40 PM
the same thing happend to me in high school going up for a dunk and was undercut by two or three players and broke both bones in my arm, missed the rest of the season, this is a cheap foul, he should be suspended but he wont

Undercut is different. I posted about that a few pages ago.

championships
03-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Never liked LeBum and I never will. Cheap shot by a totally soft and overrated player.

fixed

stawka
03-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Surprised he didn't tear his own ACL, PCL, MCL, NFL, LOL on that play. Dirty play, went for the player and NOT the ball

Like others said, of this was KG "ZOMG he's so dirty, always going after the smaller guys, **** KG" and all that other crap that this bias filled forum is about

Mplsman
03-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Clearly a frustration foul by Bynum, but dirty nonetheless. When you lead with the elbow when a player is defensless in the air, there is not much room for argument about where his intentions were. I think the bigger issue here is the fact the Lakers and Kobe were getting worked by the 17 win Wolves for 95% of the game. They need to seriously check their defense, cause there certainly wasn't any being played last night.

iamsteel
03-19-2011, 07:14 PM
I lost what little respect I had for Bynum from that play. With the huge amount of games he has missed from injury, he should understand the effects of what he did. The NBA will suspend him, as they should, but probably not for long enough. He will get his due. Cheap players don't have long careers.

Punk
03-19-2011, 07:14 PM

Are you serious? I know your a Laker fan but there is no way in hell, you can defend that. Imagine if someone did the same "message" to Kobe. You would want his head.

That was uncalled for. Regardless if it was done on purpose or not, you can clearly see Bynum did not want to say sorry or even check to see if he was hurt. Nobody else seemed to care. It was dirty, disgusting and I hope he is suspended.

There is plenty of ways to send a message without fouling someone that isn't your size like that. Block a shot or something.

Mplsman
03-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Are you serious? I know your a Laker fan but there is no way in hell, you can defend that. Imagine if someone did the same "message" to Kobe. You would want his head.

That was uncalled for. Regardless if it was done on purpose or not, you can clearly see Bynum did not want to say sorry or even check to see if he was hurt. Nobody else seemed to care. It was dirty, disgusting and I hope he is suspended.

There is plenty of ways to send a message without fouling someone that isn't your size like that. Block a shot or something.

Exactly. They'll defend it until it happens to one of their players and then they will be the ones protesting for a suspension.

carnage101
03-19-2011, 07:36 PM
i have no problem with it, drew was doing his job if your gonna try and dunk or go for a layup you are gonna get fouled or blocked.... next time beasley or anyone else on that team or any other team will think twice. I have no problem with it what so ever.

OnslaughtXX6
03-19-2011, 07:38 PM
fixed

Uhhh cool, I guess. :shrug:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-19-2011, 07:39 PM

well kobe gets mauled all the time and the refs don't care

carnage101
03-19-2011, 07:42 PM

if that was Lequeen james instead of beasley drew gets suspended for 5 games, but since its beasley he just got tossed for the one... thats how i defend it to the laker haters. seriously tho wade and lebron get scratched and they call a foul.

CityofTreez
03-19-2011, 07:43 PM

:laugh2:

Mplsman
03-19-2011, 08:20 PM

:laugh2: somebody is delusional.

Foye
03-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Even Kurt Rambis said that the intent was not malicious.

What should a former Lakers assistant coach say else about his former player? :facepalm:

r8derguy805
03-19-2011, 08:41 PM
How you all so quickly forget the 70's and 80's..This wasn't **** compared to what used to go on. As a basketball fan (and of course a laker fan), I love it. Ive seen others do worse 'ala' Shaq and yet all people say is "I bet they think twice before going to the basket". Boston the last 3 yrs have been know for that type of play and all ESPN can muster up is how physical and strong they are. Drew is letting the league know he is feeling better, playing better and the paint is his. This just seems like a thread made to bash the lakers again. Yes..fear us..be afraid of us..we are clicking and gelling at the right time..three peat here we come.

enserio
03-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Former Lakers assistant was also known as a tough defensive player in his days, so, unlike a few fans these days, knows how the game should be played during this time of year.

Beasley made similar comments, because, unlike some fans in here, isn't all that soft to cry for a suspension.

TO to the CHI
03-19-2011, 08:54 PM
How you all so quickly forget the 70's and 80's..This wasn't **** compared to what used to go on. As a basketball fan (and of course a laker fan), I love it. Ive seen others do worse 'ala' Shaq and yet all people say is "I bet they think twice before going to the basket". Boston the last 3 yrs have been know for that type of play and all ESPN can muster up is how physical and strong they are. Drew is letting the league know he is feeling better, playing better and the paint is his. This just seems like a thread made to bash the lakers again. Yes..fear us..be afraid of us..we are clicking and gelling at the right time..three peat here we come.

The 70s were 40 years ago. And if it happened them, someone would have come up swinging at Bynum.

Also, I don't think anyone was afraid of the Lakers based on that performance last night. Not hating on the Lakers, but really, based on that game, it is hard to take your comments seriously.

topdog
03-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Beasley was talking way too much the whole game....I bet he'll think twice before running his mouth against the lakers again :no:

Doubtful...

When does that ever happen? On one side, the guy commits a hard foul to "shut him up" but then the other guy isn't going to shut up because why? Because that would make him a *****.

All this "message-sending" stuff is stupid. Just play the game and shut people up by crushing them on the scoreboard.

twin4life
03-19-2011, 09:14 PM
What message did this send?? "Im a dirty player"?? Poor play and poor class by Bynum there. If the guy is running his mouth you don't do a hard foul that can hurt him you just show him up on the court.

heathonater
03-19-2011, 09:34 PM
theres a big difference between a hard foul and a dirty foul. that was clearly a dirty foul by bynum since he made no attempt at the ball and stuck his elbow out at beasley. its fine if you foul someone hard when you are attempting a block, but bynum's foul on beasley was dirty because he made no attempt at contesting the shot.

kntresistheheat
03-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Bynum has a habit of sticking his elbow/forarm.... He should get suspended!

LN=EVER,FN=G8ST
03-19-2011, 09:49 PM

O the irony

Master Mind
03-19-2011, 10:07 PM

I agree

JARVIS123
03-19-2011, 10:48 PM
lakers fans would'nt be so happy if one of the t'wolves players did that ***** to kobe.

Mplsman
03-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Looking back on page 1, I can't beleive how many Lakers fans were trying to defend that and say things like "I liked it" or "It sends a message"

****ing D bags.

You want to send a message? Slap that ball into the third row.

I don't care who's team or what players are involved, you don't pull defenseless, mid-air elbow checks in Basketball. That is not what this sport is about. These are some of the best athletes in the world jumping at insane heights, traveling at ridiculous speeds playing on a HARDwood court.

Hockey, football, whatever...Basketball no. There are no helmets and protective gear in this game. Stern needs to make an example out of Bynum seeing how this is not his first elbowing incident he's had, that should be an obvious decision. Stern need to address issues like this with more of a serious note, so that players will know that there are serious repercussions for these type of actions, before he has his first broken neck or paralyzed player on his hands.

Then, maybe d bags won't have senseless things to say anymore when it comes to being a complete homer. Mike Beasley is lucky to walk away with only minor injuries, as that could have been much worse.

Mplsman
03-19-2011, 11:34 PM
Here's a better video of it. You can actually see it in real time. Which I think looks even worse than slowed down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU7RiLERJ-Y

Lakers announcers were even ripping Bynum for it too.

shep33
03-19-2011, 11:47 PM
Looking back on page 1, I can't beleive how many Lakers fans were trying to defend that and say things like "I liked it" or "It sends a message"

****ing D bags.

I don't care who's team or what players are involved, you don't pull defenseless, mid-air elbow checks in Basketball. That is not what this sport is about. These are some of the best athletes in the world jumping at insane heights, traveling at ridiculous speeds playing on a HARDwood court.

Hockey, football, whatever...Basketball no. There are no helmets and protective gear in this game. Stern needs to make an example out of Bynum seeing how this is not his first elbowing incident he's had, that should be an obvious decision. Stern need to address issues like this with more of a serious note, so that players will know that there are serious repercussions for these type of actions, before he has his first broken neck or paralyzed player on his hands.

Then, maybe d bags won't have senseless things to say anymore when it comes to being a complete homer. Mike Beasley is lucky to walk away with only minor injuries, as that could have been much worse.

I've seen way worse fouls than this, fouls in the 80s and 90s where this would've been a flagrant, but one that was often given by the team's enforcers. Let me say that yes he deserves a suspension, but in all truth if that was Rick Mahorn, Anthony Mason, Malone, Rodman, Shaq, Laimbeer, McHale, Oakley, etc. they would've done the same thing... that foul wouldn't have happend if Beasley wasn't talking so much junk... the Lakers were gearing up for it, you could tell someone was going to give him a shot, the guy was running his mouth on offense and defense, and after the game Rambis and Beasley themselves realized that it was a hard foul, a playoff type foul and I think a part of that is that both realized that Beasley was talking too much trash. I really do. Kudos to Beasley, hope he's okay, i really like him... But if you watched ball in the 90s, this was a common thing.

Honestly, just go watch a Bulls vs Knicks series in the 90s, or a Pistons vs. anybody series in the 80s.

Mplsman
03-19-2011, 11:58 PM
I've seen way worse fouls than this, fouls in the 80s and 90s where this would've been a flagrant, but one that was often given by the team's enforcers. Let me say that yes he deserves a suspension, but in all truth if that was Rick Mahorn, Anthony Mason, Malone, Rodman, Shaq, Laimbeer, McHale, Oakley, etc. they would've done the same thing... that foul wouldn't have happend if Beasley wasn't talking so much junk... the Lakers were gearing up for it, you could tell someone was going to give him a shot, the guy was running his mouth on offense and defense, and after the game Rambis and Beasley themselves realized that it was a hard foul, a playoff type foul and I think a part of that is that both realized that Beasley was talking too much trash. I really do. Kudos to Beasley, hope he's okay, i really like him... But if you watched ball in the 90s, this was a common thing.

Honestly, just go watch a Bulls vs Knicks series in the 90s, or a Pistons vs. anybody series in the 80s.

What has happened in the 80's and 90's has nothing to do with preventing potential serious injuries in today's game. The game needs to evolve and be adjusted to protect the players just like the NFL has done with it's flagrant hitting policy this year, and those athletes are wearing protective gear. What is the point of this sport if the players cannot be protected from being blindsided 10-12 feet in the air and have no repercussions? That's not the game of Basketball and that mentality needs to be changed.

Mplsman
03-20-2011, 12:02 AM
^ As far as junk talking, all the Lakers players were doing it all game too, even Artest was T'd up for it. The Lakers have the reputation of being some of the biggest **** talkers on the court. Remember Barnes and Bryant going at it in the playoffs? That argument holds no weight when it come to supporting Bynum's attempt to hurt Beasley.

rabueed
03-20-2011, 12:07 AM

Of course we would. We hate Boston and KG, we're Laker fans. Same reason you're hating right now. Don't say you're not hating, you're just pointing out a dirty player. All comments on this forum indicate your bias and hate.

Of course you don't. You're a Laker fan and you're gonna defend him. As any fan of any team would. No one can deny it. If this was any team's player, they would defend him to no end. With KG, all Boston fans came and still come to his defense.

Was it dirty? yes
Should Bynum be suspended? yes
Will Bynum be suspended? probably
Will he be suspended for more than 1 game? probably not
Should he be? yes
Do I want him to be? no
Am I a Laker fan? yes

twin4life
03-20-2011, 12:20 AM

****ing D bags.

:clap:

enserio
03-20-2011, 12:27 AM
How self-righteous some folks are up in here. Never seen a hard foul. can't just like with the flagrant 2 + ejection. You respond to enough people and you start to sound like you're whining. If he gets a suspension, I won't be whining.

ttam68
03-20-2011, 12:31 AM
He jumped higher than he could handle. Not Bynums problem

evadatam5150
03-20-2011, 12:42 AM
could see it at 1:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlehp9JWbTc&feature=player_embedded
Beasley went up for a shot and Bynum tackled him mid air causing Beasleys awkward landing. Will he get suspended for this?

It's a tough game and I've seen far worse treated with less criticism.. Sure it's a hard foul but dude should rub some dirt on it and move on..

evadatam5150
03-20-2011, 12:53 AM

****ing D bags.

Dude... Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... Where's the little cry icon when you really need it..?? I don't have the energy to even look for it after reading your one man agenda to have Stern make an example of Bynum.. Seriously.. You act as if this is the First hard foul committed in the NBA this season.. And while you're pointing a finger at all the D-Bags in this joint just remember there's 3 fingers pointing right back at ya bud..

Get over yourself and take a look around, this isn't the first hard foul committed in the history of the game and it won't be the last.. D-Bags...?? Look in the mirror..

0nekhmer
03-20-2011, 01:00 AM
he should have at least tried to catch him from falling. he kind of just jumped and let his momentum knock over beasley

DoubleDragon
03-20-2011, 01:07 AM
My parting words:

Goodnight ladies.

Good post:clap:

EaglePride615
03-20-2011, 01:18 AM
i hadnt seen it in slow motion. there was no intent to block the shot... thats ****ed up

Storch
03-20-2011, 01:25 AM
Bynum didn't put his hands up in the air to block the shot, it clearly shows that he just smashed into him since he was frustrated. Flagrant 2 is a good call, suspension? Perhaps. Suspension should only be placed if they have a replay that shows the elbow connected to Beasley, if it didn't then it shouldn't be suspension and just stick with the ejection punishment.

Iggz53
03-20-2011, 01:28 AM
Bynum is a dirty player

Hustlenomics
03-20-2011, 01:34 AM
Of course we would. We hate Boston and KG, we're Laker fans. Same reason you're hating right now. Don't say you're not hating, you're just pointing out a dirty player. All comments on this forum indicate your bias and hate.

Of course you don't. You're a Laker fan and you're gonna defend him. As any fan of any team would. No one can deny it. If this was any team's player, they would defend him to no end. With KG, all Boston fans came and still come to his defense.

Was it dirty? yes
Should Bynum be suspended? yes
Will Bynum be suspended? probably
Will he be suspended for more than 1 game? probably not
Should he be? yes
Do I want him to be? no
Am I a Laker fan? yes

Sorry but I don't hate on anyone except Kobe to tell the truth lol but this is a dirty play and at least you admit it

iliketurtles24
03-20-2011, 01:45 AM
y keep comparing it to 60,70,80,90, thats 20 yrs ago minimum so the game has changed, back then it was mutual dirty play, not a random dirty shot

mgd24oz
03-20-2011, 02:46 AM
first off i'm a laker fan and i agree that the foul was dirty. there's no defending that it wasnt but the uproar over this particular foul versus the plenty of others that have occured in the NBA over the past couple of years is a bit surprising. Its for the league to handle and they'll will handle it.

Some of you have tried to make the "well if it happened to kobe" argument. if it happened to kobe as a laker fan i would hope that on of the other lakers would come in and have his back during the game and then i would leave it to the league to decide punishment...no b****ing and moaning from me about it.

and lastly for those wishing blown out knees and other injuries on bynum...cmon...where bynum is being accused of being a classless player...u are now proving urselves as classless people....i cant stand KG...i think he's dirty but even if he fouled Kobe like this I would never wish injuries upon him the same way i wouldnt wish bad on anyone else..check urselves on those comments...

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-20-2011, 03:02 AM
That was a cheap shot. Wish he did not do it.

Raps08-09 Champ
03-20-2011, 03:29 AM
He elbowed the guy in his chest and didn't even attempt to block or contest the shot.

Doesn't that technically fall into a flagrant foul 2? Not too sure but I think that is what is considered flagrant 2 worthy and all flagrant 2's usually end up in a suspension.

LakersDudeee
03-20-2011, 04:10 AM
Going back to the people talking about the collapsed lung & broken rib Gerald Wallace suffered from an elbow from Bynum... Didn't Bynum wait at the Bobcats' bus so he can apologize to coach Brown for what he's done?

tribalpinoy
03-20-2011, 05:13 AM

that, and also from a source, Beasley was talkin ****, mad disrespectful the whole game. look drews face when he hit him...there's some "beeyotch take that!" in there!!

MacFitz92
03-20-2011, 05:28 AM
Sending a message? What the **** are you talking about?

Play like that shouldn't be in the NBA. It wasn't a "hard foul", it was a dirty foul where there was no play on the ball and that's how serious injuries happen.

MacFitz92
03-20-2011, 05:28 AM
Sending a message? What the **** are you talking about?

Play like that shouldn't be in the NBA. It wasn't a "hard foul", it was a dirty foul where there was no play on the ball and that's how serious injuries happen.

dwadefan03
03-20-2011, 08:58 AM
that was mad dirty....he clearly had no intention of even trying to block it

Reversed86Curse
03-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Nice shoulder block, he must have played football in High School. Dirty foul, hope the NBA sends him a message

omdigga
03-20-2011, 09:18 AM
there is a big difference between a hard foul and a dirty foul.. nothing wrong with a hard foul to send a message... but that ish was dirty..

Mplsman
03-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Dude... Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... Where's the little cry icon when you really need it..?? I don't have the energy to even look for it after reading your one man agenda to have Stern make an example of Bynum.. Seriously.. You act as if this is the First hard foul committed in the NBA this season.. And while you're pointing a finger at all the D-Bags in this joint just remember there's 3 fingers pointing right back at ya bud..

Get over yourself and take a look around, this isn't the first hard foul committed in the history of the game and it won't be the last.. D-Bags...?? Look in the mirror..

I like how you have nothing intellectual to add to the conversation. All you can do is mock me? I brought up some good points, what are you adding other than a lame 12 year old boy's picture of a wolf as an avatar? :eyebrow:

dimgim
03-20-2011, 10:31 AM
It was a punk move...dude is a seven footer and can't try to block a shot. Didn't he do the same thing to Wallace last season...what a punk and so is Kobe for saying it was the right thing to do could have ended Beasley's career.

LN=EVER,FN=G8ST
03-20-2011, 11:15 AM
Man all u guys over exaggerate laker fans too... If Beasley doesn't give a **** and just said it was a playoff type foul then why the **** should you... And calling Bynum a dirty player after 2 plays where he could have injured players makes him dirty?
IMO Bynum is finally taking heat because he's showing a big part of what he can actually do when healthy and because he's a laker

LN=EVER,FN=G8ST
03-20-2011, 11:16 AM
It was a punk move...dude is a seven footer and can't try to block a shot. Didn't he do the same thing to Wallace last season...what a punk and so is Kobe for saying it was the right thing to do could have ended Beasley's career.

When did Kobe say that? Can u find the quote

dimgim
03-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Man all u guys over exaggerate laker fans too... If Beasley doesn't give a **** and just said it was a playoff type foul then why the **** should you... And calling Bynum a dirty player after 2 plays where he could have injured players makes him dirty?
IMO Bynum is finally taking heat because he's showing a big part of what he can actually do when healthy and because he's a laker

If you have ever played basketball then you understand what's right and what's not on the court. He extended his elbow and tried to hurt Beasley it was obvious to even his own coach. Please stop being such a homer if Garnett (another dirty player) did that to Kobe then he probably would've been arrested by LAPD (joke).

dimgim
03-20-2011, 12:04 PM
When did Kobe say that? Can u find the quote

Here it is check the article...even called Bynun a good guy for it :eyebrow:

http://www.examiner.com/los-angeles-lakers-hater-in-los-angeles/andrew-bynum-might-be-suspended-and-he-should-be

Madtown22
03-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Is there a history between these two? thought it was a poor choice by Bynum, Beas was in a vulnerable position.

Wilson
03-20-2011, 12:41 PM
I'm all for physical play and not giving away any easy buckets, but that was a dirty play by Bynum and he absolutely deserves a suspension. I wouldn't expect it to happen again though because I don't think Bynum is really a dirty player, he just had a big lapse in judgment here. Hopefully he learns from it.

Going back to the people talking about the collapsed lung & broken rib Gerald Wallace suffered from an elbow from Bynum... Didn't Bynum wait at the Bobcats' bus so he can apologize to coach Brown for what he's done?

I'd have to watch the video again to be sure but I remember thinking that Bynum went for the ball and just mis-timed that one on Wallace. Larry Brown didn't think it was intentional either if I'm remembering correctly.

The Dude Abides
03-20-2011, 12:44 PM
If you would have watched the game, you would have seen how Beasley was running his mouth. I honestly thought before the Bynum foul, Artest and Beasley were going to go at it. Just a good hard foul to send Beasley a message. You also send a message to other teams like the Heat, who rely so heavily on driving to the basket to create offense. This is what the NBA use to be before everybody became a wuss. Doesn't anybody remember the bad boys of Detroit during the 80's? If you came anywhere near the paint, you expected to be put on your butt. Make people think twice about driving to the basket, thats what I say. :clap:

Giantwarrior
03-20-2011, 12:46 PM
looks like he was getting him back for something

Lakers + Giants
03-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Well He just got a 2 game suspension. It was deserved. Time for Lamar Odom to step up!

Avenged
03-20-2011, 03:01 PM
With recent news emerging, you can discuss it here.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602100