PDA

View Full Version : Higher Trade Value - Joakim Noah or Andrew Bynum

JordansBulls
03-19-2011, 10:09 AM
Who has a higher trade value?

king4day
03-19-2011, 10:14 AM
I still say Bynum. His offense is what separates the two for me.

UKblazers
03-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Noah is great role player and makes the bulls a legit contender but a center who can score with his back to the basket is too rare,besides you cant teach size bynum makes Howard look small.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
03-19-2011, 10:29 AM
i voted Noah.

he plays wicked hard (which is really important to me) and he will improve offensivley.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Bynum - he's just so BIG and much better than Noah

Raidaz4Life
03-19-2011, 10:34 AM
i voted Noah.

he plays wicked hard (which is really important to me) and he will improve offensivley.

I disagree with that last part.... I've been hearing that for years now and I think we are getting to the point where we are seeing how good Noah is destined to be offensively.

hugepatsfan
03-19-2011, 10:43 AM
In a major, franchise player trade (a.k.a. Dwight Howard), Bynum has more value. Because when a team trades their star player, that usually means they have to rebuild. And to a rebuilding team, Bynum's ceiling separates the two.

But for a smaller scale trade, Noah's consistancy probably gives him the edge. I voted Bynum because the only way I see CHI or LA moving either guy is in the first type of trade.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Bynum in March - 31 mpg/12ppg/15rpg(5orpg)/2.6bpg

Blazers#1Fan
03-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Bynum hands down I think Noah is very over hyped He's like a little bit better version of Samuel Dalembert! Bynum is like a not as good version of Shaq(the good version from Orl LA MIA) but better then a older Shaq(PHX BOS)

PhillyFaninLA
03-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Noah because historically when bigs start to injury legs or feet and do it multiple times they tend to never stay healthy. Bynum is a considerably better player but I don't have any confidence in his ability to stay healthy. Same thing with Oden.

kingkenny01
03-19-2011, 10:58 AM
i vote andrew bogut

kobebabe
03-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Bynum- not from a homer's point of view but from facts. His length gives him a whole lot of adv. U can't teach that. Plus he can pull down boards as well as score. I like Noah's game though.

Sportfan
03-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Bynum

Noah is a very strong role player, Bynum has a chance to be a guy to build around

pd1dish
03-19-2011, 11:16 AM
i only voted Noah because of Bynum's injury history. injuries scare me, especially with big men and especially with leg injuries on big men. if Bynum werent plagued with injuries, i would have said Bynum. itll be interesting to see if either team try to make a run at Howard

blahblahyoutoo
srsly question?
bynum if healthy is a game changer. just based on size alone.
he blocks shots, grabs offensive boards for put backs, has an offensive game unlike noah.

KnicksR4Real
Joakim Noah is by far the most overrated player in the NBA

blahblahyoutoo
03-19-2011, 11:17 AM
I disagree with that last part.... I've been hearing that for years now and I think we are getting to the point where we are seeing how good Noah is destined to be offensively.

i can't say i disagree or agree because i don't know what "wicked" means.

blahblahyoutoo
03-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Bynum hands down I think Noah is very over hyped He's like a little bit better version of Samuel Dalembert! Bynum is like a not as good version of Shaq(the good version from Orl LA MIA) but better then a older Shaq(PHX BOS)

to me, noah is like varajeo. high energy guys who only play pro bball because they're big.
they don't have bball skills.

DwayneMVPwade
03-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Bynum when healthy

Ray_R
03-19-2011, 11:31 AM
to me, noah is like varajeo. high energy guys who only play pro bball because they're big.
they don't have bball skills.

I can admit that Noah isnt the best Offensive player, but he doesnt pl;ay ball just becuase heis big. Noah is a good defensive center,he is a hell of an offensive rebounder, and he is a pretty good passer for a big.

With that said Ill take bynum but injuries scare me too.

Avenged
03-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Bynum.

Lets not forget that Noah isn't necessarily Mr. Healthy himself.

Ray_R
03-19-2011, 11:33 AM

wick-ed :extremely troublesome or dangerous:

Davisayan
03-19-2011, 11:37 AM
I'll go with Bynum. Some of the comments on Noah is borderline ridiculous. Noah>most centers in the league.

adidas2307
03-19-2011, 11:37 AM

Says the guy with Carmelo Anthony in his sig.

Lolwut?

Chitownhero14
03-19-2011, 11:44 AM
I say its dead even, Noah has better defense, Bynum better offense, on par with rebounding, but i give the edge to NOah due to not being as Injury Prone

ManRam
03-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Bynum has much, much, much more upside, but I think injury problems and Bynum's top 30 contract might push this towards Noah, who is signed to a really nice and fair long term contract.

It's really close. Anyone arguing strongly for one side I think is missing something here.

Arch Stanton
03-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Bynum

Arch Stanton
03-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Funny enough... neither the Lakers or Bulls would trade Bynum or Noah to get Carmelo Anthony.

Raidaz4Life
03-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Bynum has much, much, much more upside, but I think injury problems and Bynum's top 30 contract might push this towards Noah, who is signed to a really nice and fair long term contract.

It's really close. Anyone arguing strongly for one side I think is missing something here.

I think another poster hit it right on the head earlier when he said it depended on whether or not the team was rebuilding or not. Bynum is the hands down pick for a team rebuilding but I think Noah is the choice for a team that is still trying to contend. It is much easier to build around Bynum as a centerpiece than Noah but I think its easier to incorporate Noah into an established team than Bynum.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
03-19-2011, 11:58 AM

hm, ive never heard that but, i guess im mistaken

i just have a thing for defensive monsters. i just picutre bynum being an immature dude too, but at the same time Noah was the one crying over KG picking on him so...

FadeAwayLikeMJ
03-19-2011, 12:01 PM

good post.

wick-ed :extremely troublesome or dangerous:

thanks for clearing that up for me :p

Raidaz4Life
03-19-2011, 12:01 PM
hm, ive never heard that but, i guess im mistaken

i just have a thing for defensive monsters. i just picutre bynum being an immature dude too, but at the same time Noah was the one crying over KG picking on him so...

Ever since Noah came into the league all I heard Bulls fans talking about was "just wait until he develops an offensive game" but really he hasn't made much progress offensively since he came into the league. I think you are getting exactly what you see now with Noah.... there isn't a whole lot of untapped potential there.

Arch Stanton
03-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Having them both on the same team would be deadly.

DaBUU
03-19-2011, 12:15 PM
I love Jo without a doubt, but I have to go witt Bynum. Hes been healthy and playing really good basketball. Hes very good on both ends of the court. But if you want your team to run maybe you go with Noah.

DaBUU
03-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Ever since Noah came into the league all I heard Bulls fans talking about was "just wait until he develops an offensive game" but really he hasn't made much progress offensively since he came into the league. I think you are getting exactly what you see now with Noah.... there isn't a whole lot of untapped potential there.

disagree, no one has ever said just wait till Noahs offense comes around. Guys who know what they're talking about, have always said Noah is going to end up around 12 points a game. Most of us are actually surprised by the little post game that hes developed.

king4day
03-19-2011, 12:34 PM
To add further to this, it really depends on team needs. A team like the Knicks absolutely would need Noah over Bynum since Amar'e is their offense.
Orlando, if they traded Howard would need Bynum. Noah is also a better fit for Chicago since they have Boozer.

Injury history would help sway the vote more for Noah in some cases too.

GeekInThePink
03-19-2011, 12:41 PM
I would take Noah.

THE_FLASH_21
03-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Noah.. Bynum is injury prone

FuriousJatt
03-19-2011, 12:49 PM
at this point... not looking at their past history of injuries or anything. as of today, it has to be bynum.

Lake_Show2416
03-19-2011, 12:54 PM
Bynum is better in all aspects of his game & no ceilings, plus his size is unmatched by none

I like Noah but he's an overachiever due to his hard working hustle despite lacking an all around skill set

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Funny enough... neither the Lakers or Bulls would trade Bynum or Noah to get Carmelo Anthony.

Cause Melo is overrated!!!

bringinwood
03-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Gotta remember... When the Bulls drafted Noah, they knew he was going to peak way earlier compared to most centers in the league....

Bynum has a ton of room for improvement...

Noah has peaked and what you see is likely the most of what you'll get...

Hustlenomics
03-19-2011, 01:48 PM
voted Bynum but it might be Noah if Bynums knees and attitude doesn't get better

Sly Guy
03-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Noah. Less injury prone than Bynum. Strong(er) defender and rebounder. And is the type of 'heart and soul of the team' type players.

Chicagofaithful
03-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Bynum is better in 1 area.... offense, and he's significantly better in that area. But Defensively it's Noah he can even guard some 1's, 2's, and 3's on switches. Rebounding, Noah really cares about this aspect and is a better rebounder because of this. Health, its clear Noah is more stable than Bynum. So while Bynum is a great offensive threat in and around the basket, thats his only clear advantage. I'd say Noah has a higher "trade value" but it also depends on your teams needs. If they have someone who can score on the block Noah >>>>>> Bynum but if your team has no one down low except for some decent defender Bynum >>>> Noah....

Cubsfan365
03-19-2011, 01:55 PM
:laugh: You clearly didn't watch JoNo early in his career with the Bulls. His offensive game has improved a lot since then.

Jester4k0
03-19-2011, 01:56 PM
I voted Bynum, because his contract is expiring sooner (2012, I believe). Noah just signed a sizable long term contract in the offseason.

I have seen more of Noah, living in the Midwest, than Bynum, therefore, I would lean toward wanting Noah more, though.

Purple&Gold24
03-19-2011, 02:15 PM
Bynum - he's just so BIG and much better than Noah

:nod: This.
Bulls would be even better with Bynum
at center.

xxcubs22xx
03-19-2011, 02:15 PM
LMFAO at the croak who said Noah is the most overrated player in the NBA.

I love JoNo, but anybody with their head on would pick Bynum in this debate. He has more size, more length, and a better offensive game.

Lakers + Giants
03-19-2011, 02:25 PM
I would take Noah.

I bet you would have chosen bynum, but the flagrant foul on beasley changed your mind. :facepalm:

BkOriginalOne
03-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Bynum gives your team a legit large 7 footer, that IF he can stay healthy, makes a great C.
Noah is one of the best defenders in the league and will probably has a better plus/minus than Noah.

I voted Noah for defense and health.

Dallas Tx4Life
03-19-2011, 02:36 PM
LMFAO at the croak who said Noah is the most overrated player in the NBA.

I love JoNo, but anybody with their head on would pick Bynum in this debate. He has more size, more length, and a better offensive game.

I think it's a very close debate... What gives the edge to Noah for me is that Bynum seems to be hurt every time when he's needed most... To me, it seems like a stretch to say he'll play 60-65 games in a season at any point in his career from here on out.. Some people are just straight up injury prone.

Bynum's games played

05-06: 46
06-07: 82 (20 min per game)
07-08: 35
08-09: 50
09-10: 65
10-11: 44

Also, Noah has seen his MPG rise each year, with his peak this year at 34... Bynum's career high was 09 with 30.4

In a comparison of skill that is pretty close imo, I'll take the guy that plays waaaay more and gets hurt waaaay less

shizzle09
03-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Bynum and i dont even think it's close. Noah would be a nice trade piece but Bynums value is probably way higher

Sadds The Gr8
03-19-2011, 02:45 PM
Noah. if Bynum wasnt injury prone it'd be Bynum easily.

MJ-BULLS
03-19-2011, 02:47 PM

care to explain?

Raph12
03-19-2011, 02:50 PM
If I had to pull the trigger on a swap for Dwight, give me Bynum in a heart beat... If he stays healthy until next season's trade deadline, I can't see us taking anyone else.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Defiantly Joakim Noah.

Flash3
03-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Bynum is better in 1 area.... offense, and he's significantly better in that area. But Defensively it's Noah he can even guard some 1's, 2's, and 3's on switches. Rebounding, Noah really cares about this aspect and is a better rebounder because of this. Health, its clear Noah is more stable than Bynum. So while Bynum is a great offensive threat in and around the basket, thats his only clear advantage. I'd say Noah has a higher "trade value" but it also depends on your teams needs. If they have someone who can score on the block Noah >>>>>> Bynum but if your team has no one down low except for some decent defender Bynum >>>> Noah....

the better defender is arguable i think bynum is the better defender imo

Raph12
03-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Bynum is better in every facet of the game, besides passing... Noah is a PF playing C.

Raph12
03-19-2011, 03:13 PM
*Double post*

RowanJournalist
03-19-2011, 03:17 PM
People value height more and more. You have to go with Bynum.

AIRMAR72
03-19-2011, 03:36 PM
i like both guys and not a fan of any team i just like to watch a good game and rate players, Bynum when healthy is a tough match-up for any of Todays NBA Bigman but Noahs foot speed and his WILL and EFFORT along with his IQ are greater than Bynum so i would take noah over Bynum even tho Bynum have more beef and strength and Bynum rite now is better on offense but i go with noah there no substitute for high IQ and a player you can count on to deliver there WILL and EFFORT when its needed

CubsFanBudMan#1
03-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Bynum Is much more offensively gifted so he has has a higher upside, however his problems battling injury make Noah a better long term investment and will probably contribute to his team more through the course of both of their careers.

Bruno
03-19-2011, 03:46 PM
It's close, but I'd say slight edge to Bynum. His potential is just too great, and Noah isn't the iron man who greatly contrasts w/ Bynums weakness

Chill_Will_24
03-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Dwight will be a Laker there is no center that has the trade value of Bynum. I a trade for D12 the top three targets for ORL would be:

1.Bynum
2.Lopez
3.Noah

Noah is better than Lopez but to a rebuilding team, i think Lopez would be more attractive. Now that does not mean in any way that the Nets stand a chance at Dwight. CHI has MANY assets to work with besides Noah. Asik, Gibson, Charlottes pick...

JordansBulls
03-20-2011, 05:28 PM
I expected this to be fairly close here.:clap:

Cubs420
03-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Bynum is a glass doll, Noah has his injury problems as well, but nothing like Bynum... I wouldnt touch him with a ten foot poll with those weak knees of his.

Its a good question, I would take Noah because I think he is a little more durable...

Jewelz0376
03-20-2011, 05:40 PM
If Bynum were on some other teams he could maybe be a 2nd option..He's a 20/10/2 type of player...Obviously, you take away the injuries and its no doubt its Bynum...but if I were rebuilding team I'd rather have Bynum even with the injury concerns

Cubs420
03-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Bynum Is much more offensively gifted so he has has a higher upside, however his problems battling injury make Noah a better long term investment and will probably contribute to his team more through the course of both of their careers.

Yep, thats exactly the way I look at it too....

MacFitz92
03-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Had to vote Bynum, it's not even close in my eyes.

redsox0717
03-20-2011, 05:43 PM
What a surprise, a poll with a Bull as an answer has a ridiculously higher result than it should be.

Ask this poll on a site with a wide audience like ESPN.com and Bynum would win by a landslide, probably 80% to 20.

Take PSD poll results with a grain of salt.

Jewelz0376
03-20-2011, 05:44 PM
What a surprise, a poll with a Bull as an answer has a ridiculously higher result than it should be on PSD.

Ask this poll on a site with a wide audience like ESPN.com and Bynum would win by a landslide, probably 80% to 20.

I'm a laker fan so I'm biased and even I don't think it's a lopsided question...Bynum gets hurt every year, so I could def see why people would want Noah instead..

Raps18-19 Champ
03-20-2011, 05:45 PM
I gave it to Noah because Bynum plays half a season.

Bynum is the better player though.

Cubs420
03-20-2011, 05:46 PM
What a surprise, a poll with a Bull as an answer has a ridiculously higher result than it should be.

Ask this poll on a site with a wide audience like ESPN.com and Bynum would win by a landslide, probably 80% to 20.Take PSD poll results with a grain of salt.

O yea cause thats not biased :rolleyes: ESPN licks the Lakers butthole on a hourly basis....

Bynum cant even play a half of a season and those knees are only going to get worse....thats why this poll is close, hell Bynum said on ESPN the other day his knee is still bothering him...

Sir Buckets
03-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Bynum Is much more offensively gifted so he has has a higher upside, however his problems battling injury make Noah a better long term investment and will probably contribute to his team more through the course of both of their careers.Yep.

NYYCowboys
03-20-2011, 05:47 PM
I say Bynum because he has a higher ceiling, but one more big injury and his trade value could go down the tubes.

HT9Canada
03-20-2011, 05:59 PM
Bynum because Noah is so god damn ugly

Raps18-19 Champ
03-20-2011, 06:13 PM
O yea cause thats not biased :rolleyes: ESPN licks the Lakers butthole on a hourly basis....

Bynum cant even play a half of a season and those knees are only going to get worse....thats why this poll is close, hell Bynum said on ESPN the other day his knee is still bothering him...

What does ESPN being Lakers biased compared to Chicago have to do with the people voting?

People voting are going to be all over the US. It even shows how much people voted per state. So you can get results that doesn't include California or Illinois.

astrosmaniac
03-20-2011, 06:25 PM
better player? bynum

better trade value? depends on the team. a team in full rebuild while they are trading away their star, i'd say bynum. a team that has a legit #1 to build/contend around, i'd say noah

KG21
03-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Noah, hes younger and energetic, vocal leader and a good defender. And is not injury prone like bynum.

So Noah.

smiddy012
03-20-2011, 06:32 PM
i only voted Noah because of Bynum's injury history. injuries scare me, especially with big men and especially with leg injuries on big men. if Bynum werent plagued with injuries, i would have said Bynum. itll be interesting to see if either team try to make a run at Howard [2]

And if I'm an owner I would much rather build around Noah.

kjoke
03-20-2011, 06:34 PM
It definitely has to be bynum. A big man who can score on his own, finish, become an offense presence and who is a bad defender is very hard to come by in this league. Joakim, as good as he is, does not have the same talent as Bynum. And as much as I dislike bynum, the need to make sure that a team has a player(s) on him is crucial to opening up a defense, while that may not be the case of Noah.

Iron24th
03-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Noah, hes younger and energetic, vocal leader and a good defender. And is not injury prone like bynum.

So Noah.

Not surprising from a celts fan :rolleyes:

smiddy012
03-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Not surprising from a celts fan :rolleyes:

Yeah if anyone else would know about Noah (besides a Bulls fan) it would be a Celts fan :)

And why are people still talking about Bynum's "ceiling" and "potential"?? The guys 28, and could very well be an injury or 2 away from retirement. Noahs certainly got more room for improvement.

D1JM
03-20-2011, 06:52 PM
are we talking about knees?

sunsfan88
03-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Noah.

Kyben36
03-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Bynum I think, but not by much.

pastrecedes
03-20-2011, 06:58 PM
Noah hands down!

Rndy
03-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Bynum has a lot more talent. Noah is a hustle guy who just out works people. He's not as gifted as Bynum. Both have been hurt a lot in their career so you should take the better player.

Kevj77
03-20-2011, 07:03 PM
I voted Noah only because of Bynums injury history. If Bynum didn't have an injury history this honestly would be Bynum by a landslide.

Rndy
03-20-2011, 07:07 PM
I voted Noah only because of Bynums injury history. If Bynum didn't have an injury history this honestly would be Bynum by a landslide.

Noah has had injurys as well. Not as serious as a knee injury but that plantar fasciitis can always come back.

Cubs420
03-20-2011, 07:23 PM
What does ESPN being Lakers biased compared to Chicago have to do with the people voting?

People voting are going to be all over the US. It even shows how much people voted per state. So you can get results that doesn't include California or Illinois.

Because a large majority of the people in this country get ther sports info from ESPN, and if these people constantly here how great someone is on ESPN, they are going to believe it....

Cubs420
03-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Bynum has a lot more talent. Noah is a hustle guy who just out works people. He's not as gifted as Bynum. Both have been hurt a lot in their career so you should take the better player.

Bynums injuries are worse than Noahs... One more blownout knee and Bynum could be done for good.... And like someone mentioned, Its not like Bynum is that young.

Doogolas
03-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Per 36 minutes, Noah puts up 13/12 to Bynum's 15/12. Both of them have almost the exact same ts% (.569 for Bynum to .570 for Noah).

Bynum is a tad better, but I think people think he's way, way, way better than he actually is. Noah is also a better passer.

:shrug: Like I said, Bynum is probably better. But I think people exaggerate how big a difference there is between them.

bringinwood
03-20-2011, 07:34 PM
Bynum is 23... lmao...

The problem i've had with Noah and always will have with him is that he is a tweener...

Not one team would have put him in the middle 15 years ago...

He doesn't have the offensive game to play the 4 on a team that doesn't have LeBron or Kobe on it...

I like his game for what he does, but he is a grunt and you can find alot of grunts out there for way less money...

Bynum has the tools to be as good as Howard... The problem is that he isn't healthy enough to play 82 games a season...

_KB24_
03-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Add Joakim Noah's mom to the package and its a no brainer who has more value.

:laugh2:

I'd still say Bynum, his upside is still the most significant for any center in the league not named Howard.

jrm2054
03-20-2011, 07:49 PM
i say bynum i honestly feel noah is vastly overrated.

Minimal
03-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Noah, just because of Bynum's injuries.

DaBear
03-20-2011, 08:59 PM

Really? I thought Melo was...oh wait, you're a Knickerbocker fan.

DaBear
03-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Anyways, Bynum is a better player when healthy, but I'll take Noah because I am a Bulls fan, he is a hustler, and doesn't have as many injury problems as Bynum. Noah has the right attitude to winning a championship. Bynum? Eh...I don't see it in him.

lakerboy
03-20-2011, 09:03 PM
Remember a few years back, JordansBulls was even in the Laker forum saying he'd do a Bynum for Noah straight up. Bynum has a lengthy history of injury, which scares us. His injuries are far more severe than Noah's. But we know Joakim isn't really Mr. Healthy games himself.

Oh and as for the question, I would say Andrew is still better. Noah is better slightly in defending but Bynum's offensive game is solid. Not to mention, Bynum plays in a real stack team offensively (he is like our 4th best player) while in the past years when Bulls didn't have Boozer., Noah's offensive game was still not there.

I think ultimately, Orlando Magic will decide who has better potential. I can see LA and Chicago going really hard on Howard this coming season.

drobe86
03-20-2011, 09:06 PM
Both guys are vastly overrated. Put either guy on a team whether they're 1st or 2nd option and you'll be real disappointed in what you get...

DaBear
03-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Both guys are vastly overrated. Put either guy on a team whether they're 1st or 2nd option and you'll be real disappointed in what you get...

Wtf? No one has ever said Noah is a #1 option. He is a solid role player, much like Bynum. Bynum just has more potential to be a dominant center. No one is putting them on Howards level.

drobe86
03-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Wtf? No one has ever said Noah is a #1 option. He is a solid role player, much like Bynum. Bynum just has more potential to be a dominant center. No one is putting them on Howards level.

I agree with you... And that's why I think both guys are overrated. People hype both guys up as if they have the potential to be GREAT centers. But the fact is, both guys have injury history, Noah has 0 offensive game and Bynum just doesn't play enough games to have any outcome on the season. He misses about 30-40 games a season and he's largely ineffective in many of the games that he plays.... Take away Kobe, Gasol, Lamar, and the Laker cast and you got a guy averaging 9 pts and 7 rebs a game....

finalverse
03-20-2011, 09:23 PM
IMO Bynum is one of the most over-hyped players in the NBA. He's been in the league for 5 years and we still have to use the world "potential" to describe him. People keep talking about his height, length, defense and offensive and yet he's neither an all-star, game changer or dramatically better than Noah.

Noah is averaging more points, rebounds, and assists...sure it's not by much more but the stats that Bynum are a head on aren't that much more either. At best it's a wash, which for Bynum (as great as he is suppose to be) is quite sad, when you can't even seperate yourself from Noah (who is seen as limited in ability).

With all that said, the NBA probably holds Bynum in higher value because his "potential" is greater than Noah's. With Noah you'll get a player who is what he is. He'll get his points/rebounds/assists every game. With Bynum you always feel that any minute this guy can become a Shaq/Howard. Sadly it just never happens. I usually give a player 3 years to prove his worth, in his case it's been 5.

DaBear
03-20-2011, 09:27 PM
I agree with you... And that's why I think both guys are overrated. People hype both guys up as if they have the potential to be GREAT centers. But the fact is, both guys have injury history, Noah has 0 offensive game and Bynum just doesn't play enough games to have any outcome on the season. He misses about 30-40 games a season and he's largely ineffective in many of the games that he plays.... Take away Kobe, Gasol, Lamar, and the Laker cast and you got a guy averaging 9 pts and 7 rebs a game....

This goes to show you have no idea what you're talking about. Noah is top 10 in scoring among centers. He doesn't have a great offensive game, but he does get a lot of points on put backs. What you should have said is he has zero shooting, but I don't think a lot of centers are known for shooting anyway.

DaBear
03-20-2011, 09:29 PM
IMO Bynum is one of the most over-hyped players in the NBA. He's been in the league for 5 years and we still have to use the world "potential" to describe him. People keep talking about his height, length, defense and offensive and yet he's neither an all-star, game changer or dramatically better than Noah.

Noah is averaging more points, rebounds, and assists...sure it's not by much more but the stats that Bynum are a head on aren't that much more either. At best it's a wash, which for Bynum (as great as he is suppose to be) is quite sad, when you can't even seperate yourself from Noah (who is seen as limited in ability).

With all that said, the NBA probably holds Bynum in higher value because his "potential" is greater than Noah's. With Noah you'll get a player who is what he is. He'll get his points/rebounds/assists every game. With Bynum you always feel that any minute this guy can become a Shaq/Howard. Sadly it just never happens. I usually give a player 3 years to prove his worth, in his case it's been 5.

If we're talking about potential then Greg Oden ***** on Bynum. Then again, he can't stay healthy if his life depended on it, much like Bynum.

J_M_B
03-20-2011, 09:33 PM
Both are great players, but I really didn't have to think that hard about this one.. Andrew Bynum

I'm not taking anything away from Noah. He's a high energy guy that's always going to give his team quality minutes. But Bynum has proven to be the difference maker for the Lakers.

LA_Raiders
03-20-2011, 09:46 PM
bynum

Supreme LA
03-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Yeah if anyone else would know about Noah (besides a Bulls fan) it would be a Celts fan :)

And why are people still talking about Bynum's "ceiling" and "potential"?? The guys 28, and could very well be an injury or 2 away from retirement. Noahs certainly got more room for improvement.

Bynum is 28??? :confused: I didn't realize that...I guess being born in 1987 adds up to being 28 now??? You need to go back to school

JB0B0
03-20-2011, 11:19 PM
srsly question?
bynum if healthy is a game changer. just based on size alone.
he blocks shots, grabs offensive boards for put backs, has an offensive game unlike noah.

And Noah doesn't do this? :facepalm:

JB0B0
03-20-2011, 11:20 PM
Bynum has more value but I wouldn't say by a landslide. It's pretty close, imo.

hugepatsfan
03-20-2011, 11:24 PM
Bynum is 28??? :confused: I didn't realize that...I guess being born in 1987 adds up to being 28 now??? You need to go back to school

lol

I'm a huge fan of Noah, but I think Bynum is the obvious choice.

1.) He is younger than Noah.

2.) He is currently statistically better than Noah.

3.) He still has more room to grow than Noah IMO. Playing in LA w/ Pau and Kobe limits his touches. Noah's touches are limited as well, but I don't think he is a guy I would want to give more touches.

4.) For all the talk of Bynum getting hurt, he has played in more games last season and has so far this year as well. Granted, I would be more concerned w/ Bynum because it's a knee, but let's not pretend like Noah doesn't miss time either.

koreancabbage
03-20-2011, 11:32 PM
lol

I'm a huge fan of Noah, but I think Bynum is the obvious choice.

1.) He is younger than Noah.

2.) He is currently statistically better than Noah.

3.) He still has more room to grow than Noah IMO. Playing in LA w/ Pau and Kobe limits his touches. Noah's touches are limited as well, but I don't think he is a guy I would want to give more touches.

4.) For all the talk of Bynum getting hurt, he has played in more games last season and has so far this year as well. Granted, I would be more concerned w/ Bynum because it's a knee, but let's not pretend like Noah doesn't miss time either.

this.

I prefer Bynum cuz he's your prototypical big man. Noah is still too skinny for my liking. Howard would have a field day with Noah in a 7 game series, too bad Orlando's guards suck and don't pass it to Howard for the most part. Howard would not be able to push Bynum around.

Bynum also has the better offensive game than Noah. And that's where i give the edge to Bynum

BcEuAbRsS
03-21-2011, 12:00 AM
I don't think the trade values are to far apart... I did however pick Bynum but Noah would bring back a very nice piece... quality big men are rare...

Raph12
03-21-2011, 12:16 AM
Why is this poll close? Both are injury prone and when healthy, Bynum is significantly better in just about every aspect of the game...

/Thread Please

BcEuAbRsS
03-21-2011, 01:01 AM
Why is this poll close? Both are injury prone and when healthy, Bynum is significantly better in just about every aspect of the game...

/Thread Please

Well... 100+ ppl seem to think ur wrong...

btw... alot of Bulls fans have picked Bynum... including me...

TopsyTurvy
03-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Bynum and I'm a Bulls season ticket holder.

magichatnumber9
03-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Bynum. He has girth, speed, height, power. His offensive game is really good, hits free throws. Noah is still a decent center but his offensive game reminds me of Rajon Rondo's.

Gibby23
03-21-2011, 11:40 AM

If you are going to bring contracts into this, atleast know about the contract you are talking about. Bynum has 2 years left on his and the team can void it after next year if they wish. It can be used as an expiring contract for some team if they don't think Bynum can stay healthy.

Gibby23
03-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Let's put it this way, the bulls would trade Noah for Bynum in a heartbeat, the lakers wouldn't do that trade.

Team*Chicago
03-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Noah, everytime the Bulls propose a trade the first player the other team ask for is Joakim Noah.

Hawkeye15
03-21-2011, 04:55 PM
on value alone? Bynum.

Jetsguy
03-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Bynum - higher ceiling, more value

SteveNash
03-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Noah, everytime the Bulls propose a trade the first player the other team ask for is Joakim Noah.

Who else are they going to ask for?

JordansBulls
03-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Let's put it this way, the bulls would trade Noah for Bynum in a heartbeat, the lakers wouldn't do that trade.

How is this? Bulls werent' even going to give up Noah for Melo, why would they for Bynum?

leftymo
03-21-2011, 06:13 PM
anyone remember Bynum's 42 point 15 rebound game last year?

I am not aware of a Noah game like that... maybe he also has a game similar...

leftymo
03-21-2011, 06:14 PM
How is this? Bulls werent' even going to give up Noah for Melo, why would they for Bynum?

uh, the bulls didn't want to give up luol deng for kobe... hardly saying much about their ability to assess or evaluate talent.

Klivlend
03-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Bynums injuries scare me. His issues are with his knees, right? Remind me, what has beens Noahs health issues?

Games missed since entering the League

Bynum
05-06 - 36
06-07 - 0
07-08 - 47
08-09 - 32
09-10 -17
10-11 - 24 as of today

Noah
07-08 - 8
08-09 - 2
09-10 - 18
10-11 - 31 as of today

Tony_Starks
03-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Bynum easily.

D-Block21-Chito
03-21-2011, 06:18 PM
uh, the bulls didn't want to give up luol deng for kobe... hardly saying much about their ability to assess or evaluate talent.

I think you should recind that comment. That is not how it happened. That trade was not because of the Bulls.

danniboi168
03-21-2011, 06:20 PM
both are good, but i think bynum seems to have a higher trade value

ramsizzle
03-21-2011, 06:22 PM

If you're gonna try and disrespect an organization do it with facts not falacies. They would've given him up in a second. Kobe demanded that if a trade to Chicago were to happen, deng not be involved due to kobe's desire to play along side him

knicks4life33
03-21-2011, 06:36 PM
how do more people not pick noah wowwwwwwwwwww dude bynum is injured every season lol

haggis
03-21-2011, 06:42 PM
Bynums injuries scare me. His issues are with his knees, right? Remind me, what has beens Noahs health issues?

Games missed since entering the League

Bynum
05-06 - 36
06-07 - 0
07-08 - 47
08-09 - 32
09-10 -17
10-11 - 24 as of today

Noah
07-08 - 8
08-09 - 2
09-10 - 18
10-11 - 31 as of today

Noah's mainly had problems with Plantar fasciatis and his thumb injury this year. The only thing to worry about is the PF flaring up again, which is definitely possible for big men.

Bynum's are more of a recurring injuries (knees) and Noahs (aside from the PF issue) are more of "freak" injuries

Vidball
03-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Bynum...he has a higher ceiling, he's a true big, and he's got a team option in his contract (which reduces the fear of an Oden-like injury). That being said, Noah is a very good player - I respect his game.

Klivlend
03-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Noah's mainly had problems with Plantar fasciatis and his thumb injury this year. The only thing to worry about is the PF flaring up again, which is definitely possible for big men.

Bynum's are more of a recurring injuries (knees) and Noahs (aside from the PF issue) are more of "freak" injuries

Cool, thanks. I thought it was something along those line. I knew Bynums injuries were a greater cause for concern than Noahs.

BcEuAbRsS
03-21-2011, 07:25 PM

Who is Jordan for 1500, Alex...

papipapsmanny
03-21-2011, 07:29 PM
bynum easily

mttwlsn16
03-21-2011, 07:33 PM
legitimitely good question. bynum is bigger and more talented but is major injury prone...noah goes 110% every play and is a beast

Jenceman
03-21-2011, 11:47 PM

Actually, Bynum is the absolute definition of a game-changer. His defense can be as good as any Center's in this league. Hell, his ridiculously good play since the all-star break has directly lead to the Lakers overtaking the #2 spot in the West.

The Raven
03-21-2011, 11:53 PM
Bynum big time

Sandman
03-22-2011, 12:05 AM
It depends on who you ask. Bynum might have more trade value given age and potential, but Noah is a good player too and his injury isnt as serious. For Bynum survey says he needs to "prove he has healthy knees." For Noah, its "coming off a hand ligament injury"

Hunter48MVP
03-22-2011, 12:07 AM
Bynum

CowboysKB24
03-22-2011, 12:40 AM
Noah is more consistent, but were talking about value. Bynum has the potential (which he has yet to live up to) and his presence on defense is huge. It is rare to find a big that is as agile Bynum and his offensive and defensive awareness is pretty good. His offensive skill set is better than Noah's.