PDA

View Full Version : Does Kobe's Miami Shooting Practice Mean that He Expects to See Them in Finals?

Anilyzer
03-17-2011, 10:11 PM
We all saw that Kobe spent 90 minutes shooting around after the Lakers/Heat game in Miami.

Now Bosh is saying that Kobe should've been kicked out of the stadium.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/17/bosh-says-real-men-cry-kobe-should-have-been-kicked-out-of-the-gym/related

Was Kobe's highly unusual shooting practice after a very difficult loss to a resurgent Heat team a message that Kobe expects to see the Heat in the Finals? And that in the Heat he recognizes the Lakers key adversary this year, their impending epic matchup?

smiddy012
03-17-2011, 10:14 PM
No he just recognizes that its embarrassing for any elite team to lose to the Heat.

godolphins
03-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Heat/Lakers would be a entertaining finals

godolphins
03-17-2011, 10:18 PM
No he just recognizes that its embarrassing for any elite team to lose to the Heat.
Why didn't he do it when they lost to the Cavs? And why didn't he do it the first time they lost to the Heat?

:cool:

brandonwarne52
03-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Didn't this thread get closed somewhere else for being dumb?

IamKaiserSoze
03-17-2011, 10:19 PM
it means two things...he had a terrible night shooting that game...and it would be a great photo opportunity to show the sports world how much he cares. nothing more

Evolution23
03-17-2011, 10:20 PM
lol kobe is just shooting because he works hard not because of Miami. Nobodys scared of Miami, especially Kobe.

Evolution23
03-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Heat/Lakers would be a entertaining finals

would be but heat can't beat the celtics at all

IamKaiserSoze
03-17-2011, 10:22 PM
and didn't you post this thread already today? just minutes ago? and it was closed? dude...how much free time do you have on your hands?

smiddy012
03-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Why didn't he do it when they lost to the Cavs? And why didn't he do it the first time they lost to the Heat?

Because no one expects the Cavs to beat elite teams anymore. :eyebrow:

Cano4prez
03-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Yeah he had to get a feel for Miami's hoops, afterall they are an unorthodox 10 ft 9..

Inb4l

Anilyzer
03-17-2011, 10:24 PM

Well, after the All Star Game, the Lakers were on a ten game winning streak and playing great.

And they seem to have run head on into a Miami Heat team that suddenly seems to have woken up and found it's third ball. And that is loaded with Lebron, Wade and yes, Bosh.

shep33
03-17-2011, 10:24 PM
No he was mad at himself

Anilyzer
03-17-2011, 10:27 PM
and didn't you post this thread already today? just minutes ago? and it was closed? dude...how much free time do you have on your hands?

bro, you can't close threads just because you are from Chicago. Look I'm from LA, so this is not a Miami thread. This is legit. This is maximally relevant to the NBA this minute.

Anyways your snipiness will just make me enjoy it more when Chicago inevitably fails in the playoffs. And btw this thread has nothing to do with Chicago. What, if we mention Miami or the Lakers we're somehow dissing Chicago? since when is Chicago really even IN that discussion. Because Phil Jackson mentioned them? He was just jerking their chain

smith&wesson
03-17-2011, 10:30 PM
he is compatative, he doesnt take losing well. heart of a champion

buch88
03-17-2011, 10:33 PM
No it's just because he was upset and frustrated. He realized his team just got swept by miami, the team that's been stealing all the lakers thunder dating back to the offseason. it has nothing to do with "getting a feel for miami's hoops" lol

210Don
03-17-2011, 10:36 PM
i already wtfed this... smh
once again
wtf

Sofnr
03-17-2011, 10:42 PM
bro, you can't close threads just because you are from Chicago. Look I'm from LA, so this is not a Miami thread. This is legit. This is maximally relevant to the NBA this minute.

Anyways your snipiness will just make me enjoy it more when Chicago inevitably fails in the playoffs. And btw this thread has nothing to do with Chicago. What, if we mention Miami or the Lakers we're somehow dissing Chicago? since when is Chicago really even IN that discussion. Because Phil Jackson mentioned them? He was just jerking their chain

I'm not sure what your little rant was about. Nobody mentioned Chicago.

papipapsmanny
03-17-2011, 10:44 PM
how is that close to a logical conclusion?

So if he loses to a team and doesn't think they will make the playoffs he is not going to practice his shot after the game?

Anilyzer
03-17-2011, 11:00 PM
how is that close to a logical conclusion?

So if he loses to a team and doesn't think they will make the playoffs he is not going to practice his shot after the game?

To my knowledge, that is the only time all year that Kobe has shot around on an opponent's court, or any court, after a game this year. And for 90 minutes.

Clearly it was a huge game, probably the biggest of the season so far. And Bosh is angry and says the arena should've turned off the lights and kicked him out.

I'm somewhat surprised that so few people notice the significance of this.

godolphins
03-17-2011, 11:08 PM
i already wtfed this... smh
once again
wtf
Thanks for the input :rolleyes:

smiddy012
03-17-2011, 11:18 PM
To my knowledge, that is the only time all year that Kobe has shot around on an opponent's court, or any court, after a game this year. And for 90 minutes.

Clearly it was a huge game, probably the biggest of the season so far. And Bosh is angry and says the arena should've turned off the lights and kicked him out.

I'm somewhat surprised that so few people notice the significance of this.

No he just recognizes that its embarrassing for any elite team to lose to the Heat. Its not significant.

Anilyzer
03-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Wow... not many games left in the NBA regular season.

Pretty soon the Heat will start playing playoff games and I can start with a very loooooong series of PWNED, in your face, stfu told you so thread responses.

seriously... people who get so sensitive about a thread merely mentioning the Heat... what are you gonna do when the Heat just demolish and piss all over your teams?

Oh, wait, that's right. Get ready for all the "Heat get unfair calls from the referees" threads.

Sadds The Gr8
03-17-2011, 11:23 PM
:facepalm:

whitemamba33
03-17-2011, 11:38 PM
He took some shots...let's just leave it at that.

He didn't try and predict the future, he's not trying to send messages, he's not trying to piss off Chris Bosh. If Bosh had a problem with it, he should have been a man and asked Kobe to leave. In the same interview he said that "real men cry"...but do real men complain about another guy taking some practice shots a week or so after it happened?

It's just shots people....it's just a couple of shots.

papipapsmanny
03-18-2011, 12:33 AM
Wow... not many games left in the NBA regular season.

Pretty soon the Heat will start playing playoff games and I can start with a very loooooong series of PWNED, in your face, stfu told you so thread responses.

seriously... people who get so sensitive about a thread merely mentioning the Heat... what are you gonna do when the Heat just demolish and piss all over your teams?

Oh, wait, that's right. Get ready for all the "Heat get unfair calls from the referees" threads.

so you make a BS thread, then get mad that people are treating it like BS, and then in anger you retaliate with more BS

ok.......

Doogolas
03-18-2011, 12:40 AM
:laugh2: That's one of the most ridiculous things ever. Kobe has played long enough to know the hoops are all the same size.

Anilyzer
03-18-2011, 01:00 AM
Ok picture this:

You are Kobe Bryant. The consensus greatest basketball player on the planet for 5 years, who is now 31 and feeling some wear and tear.

Your team is the defending two time World Champions, and you are headed into a super intense 3-peat playoffs in about a month.

Your team is peaking and playing AWESOME with a healthy Bynum and a more in-synch Ron Artest.

You go into the biggest NBA game of the SEASON, on national TV, your team doesn't shoot that well, and you lose.

In several key plays you are banging into Lebron James and Dwayne Wade, the current consensus top 2 players in the NBA.

You leave your heart on the court but your Lakers LOSE a very, very, very close game.

You spend the next 90 minutes shooting on Miami's court. Something you haven't done all year.

What is going through your mind. WHAT IS GOING THROUGH YOUR MIND???

Anilyzer
03-18-2011, 01:01 AM
I mean, can you FEEL that?

wtf with all this "wah wah wah why is this a thread?" I mean **** if this isn't a story in the NBA what the **** is?

Anilyzer
03-18-2011, 01:02 AM
Calling EVERYBODY out. Seriously ready to just forget this place.

lakeshow3peat
03-18-2011, 01:09 AM
He didnt have a good game shooting the ball so he was just trying to find his stroke before they headed to Dallas . And maybe it was for to get more shots in Miami just in case somehow the heat end up getting by Bulls n Celtics .

TylerSL
03-18-2011, 01:20 AM
He was just frustrated, dont look too deep into it. Making baskets when your mad gets rid of anger, little by little. Trust me, I've done it.

TylerSL
03-18-2011, 01:20 AM
He didnt have a good game shooting the ball so he was just trying to find his stroke before they headed to Dallas . And maybe it was for to get more shots in Miami just in case somehow the heat end up getting by Bulls n Celtics .

I also agree with the bolded part

kurivaimu
03-18-2011, 01:25 AM
I read somewhere that Kobe likes a steak house near Boston. ****, that must mean he will come play for us when his contract is up?!

kurivaimu
03-18-2011, 01:26 AM
Truly idiotic thread.

210Don
03-18-2011, 01:26 AM
dont let it get to you....... this site will eat you alive trust me ive tooken it a few times but i dont leave cuz im always right

BcEuAbRsS
03-18-2011, 01:27 AM
Is this guy serious? This has to be a bit... or a lost bet or something...

Kobe had a bad game and wanted revenge from last time I'm sure... kobe, not lebron, is a champion and doesn't take losing so lightly... shooting in an empty miami arena is prolly no different than any other emoty arena... all hoops are nba issued I'm sure...

Anilyzer
03-18-2011, 03:46 AM
Is this guy serious? This has to be a bit... or a lost bet or something...

Kobe had a bad game and wanted revenge from last time I'm sure... kobe, not lebron, is a champion and doesn't take losing so lightly... shooting in an empty miami arena is prolly no different than any other emoty arena... all hoops are nba issued I'm sure...

*yaayyyy* ok

Look--here, this is what I mean by Kobe Bryant intensity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvhj2PQvQAs&feature=related

Playoffs are almost here.

Anilyzer
03-18-2011, 03:49 AM
Kobe goes for #6, Jackson goes for #12, Lakers go for #18.

you.can't.front.on.that

Anilyzer
03-18-2011, 03:50 AM
Chicago. I'm still laughing about the Jay Cutler "backlash" that was freakin' hilarious.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-18-2011, 04:44 AM
stop with the dumb threads OP

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-18-2011, 10:22 AM
This is the most ******** thing i've ever read. Another reason to not like heat fans

xxcubs22xx
03-18-2011, 10:35 AM
are you ****ing serious?

Anilyzer, do yourself a favor and uninstall everything immediately. :facepalm:

Cool007
03-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Making something out of NOTHING.

sep11ie
03-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Well I guess we now know who was crying in the locker room...

At least he said it on the radio, Bosh for sure has a face for radio.

Chitownhero14
03-18-2011, 11:39 AM
THis is way off base, he was frustrated...just more miami fans and media blowing out of the water because they're angry because they're team isnt the greatest!

kntresistheheat
03-18-2011, 12:14 PM
THis is way off base, he was frustrated...just more miami fans and media blowing out of the water because they're angry because they're team isnt the greatest!

Are you serious right now? It was not a heat fan that started the thread and heat fans could care less, we were just happy that we stoped our losing streak and pulled out a win against a great team! The media did not even mention nothing what the OP said....We are more concern of getting out of the east before we start thinking lakers. I know what your trying to do and twist thing up to get heat fans pissed off, but if you are going talk get your fact straight!

SoxBearsBulls!
03-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Didn't this thread get closed somewhere else for being dumb?

This

Avenged
03-18-2011, 12:42 PM
ManRam told you this in the first thread you created about this subject.

The no fun police is here. Sorry.

We traveled down this road. The topic of Kobe's little post game shoot around has been discussed at length. If you really want to talk about it, dig one of those threads out, I guess (please don't ;)), but this isn't need...especially judging by the initial responses.

Immediately after he closes it, you decide to make another one about the same thing?