PDA

View Full Version : NBA March Madness nonplayoff teams

richiesaurus310
03-17-2011, 07:21 PM
I know the regular playoffs will never change, but could the 14 non playoff teams play in a sudden death tournament after the season ends? The winner could get 50 more balls in the lottery and some pride.

The best nonplayoff teams would get a first round bye leaving eight teams for the 2nd round. This year itd be this:

EAST
1. Bobcats Bye
2. Bucks vs 7.Cavs
3. Pistons vs 6. Wizards
4. Nets vs 5. Raptors

WEST

1. Jazz Bye
2. Rockets vs 7. Kings
3. Suns vs 6. Timberwolves
4. Warriors vs 5. Clippers

Its just a silly idea, I was motivated by march madness obviously.It'd have to be done by the 4th week in May, which is when the lottery is. This could be done during the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the regular playoffs though, maybe in cities that don't have basketball teams like Seatle, Baltimore, Las Vegas, Virginia Beach, Honolulu, Kansas City, St. Louis, Sacramento, or even international...

Who do you guys think would be the final four in this years tournament, and who'd win??

Gram
03-17-2011, 07:25 PM
I dunno.

douglas
03-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Why would people want to watch crappy teams play crappier teams?!

richiesaurus310
03-17-2011, 09:11 PM
In cities that don't have teams? People would show up. And fans would still watch their favorite teams play. I think teams play differently when it's sudden death, which would make it interesting. It's like the NIT. They'd play while no real playoff games were on.