PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento Kings are playing their last games in Sacramento

asandhu23
03-16-2011, 10:25 PM
A Sacramento attorney representing the Maloof family, owners of the Sacramento Kings, earlier this month filed federal trademark registrations for the names "Anaheim Royals" and "Anaheim Royals of Southern California." The lawyer also registered the names Orange County Royals and Los Angeles Royals on that same date.

The filings, listed on the United States Patent and Trademark Office website, are dated March 3, days after the National Basketball Association granted the Kings an extended period to consider moving the team to Anaheim for the upcoming season.

NBA Commissioner David Stern confirmed the Kings have been in talks with Honda Center officials in Orange County.

Kings officials have declined to discuss any potential move. The attorney who filed the trademark names, Scott Hervey, could not be immediately reached Wednesday afternoon. Hervey is listed in legal documents and online databases as an attorney for the Maloofs and as the "correspondent" for the Maloof Cup, a skateboard competition run by Joe and Gavin Maloof, co-owners of the Kings.

Also, on Feb. 23, an unknown entity filed for control of the Internet domain names "anaheimroyals.com" and "laroyals.com."

The Kings have until April 18 to formally request the league allow it to move to a new city for the next season.

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/03/16/3481107/maloof-attorney-files-trademark.html#mi_rss=Kings/NBA

:angry: they will always be the Sacramento Kings to me. They kept me interested in NBA while my Warriors were sucking it up under Cohan.

six
03-16-2011, 10:27 PM
RIP Kings

king4day
03-16-2011, 10:28 PM
I feel for the Kings fans. Great fans but ****** owners.

asandhu23
03-16-2011, 10:30 PM
I don't know what's worse... Sac Fans losing their team or Sac Fans losing their team to LA ( Anaheim, LA, same **** )

Gators123
03-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Just curious, how many Kings fans on here will still be Kings fans when they move?

210Don
03-16-2011, 10:32 PM
sucks those are great fans.... nba fails again
seattle and sac without teams??? wow

BKdoubleStacker
03-16-2011, 10:33 PM
oh lets move to anaheim where the no name lakers are AND the clippers

they are not going to get any better attendance

hyphy king 88
03-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Sigh* i really can't believe this is happening but it is. They will always be the kings in my heart...

asandhu23
03-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Kings fans are always welcome to join Warriors nation.

BKdoubleStacker
03-16-2011, 10:35 PM
I live like 2 minutes from the stadium, maybe I should go watch my first NBA game, the tix are dirt cheap

49erGiantLaker
03-16-2011, 10:53 PM
^I'll see you there. I've only been to Kings games when the Lakers or Warriors are in town.

Hustla23
03-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Yeah, because L.A. needs ANOTHER team.

Are you serious?

numba1CHANGsta
03-16-2011, 10:56 PM
As a Laker fan I am upset about this move, first of all now we have two great cities without a franchise. Secondly, LA now have 3 teams...they should have moved the Kings to Seattle, and have the Clippers move to another city, maybe Kansas City, try to spread out all teams as much as possible. I only say this because now the Kings and Clippers will always be in the shadow of the Lakers here in LA.

CityofTreez
03-16-2011, 10:57 PM
Just curious, how many Kings fans on here will still be Kings fans when they move?

I'll be a fan of the players, but not the city/new fans. If there are any!

CityofTreez
03-16-2011, 11:00 PM
btw, David Stern is a weisel, and The Maloofs are the algae/fungi that grow in ponds that lack oxygen!

THE MTL
03-16-2011, 11:04 PM
Um, moving the Kings from SAC to Anaheim???? Thats not even that far. Same state and new location is separated by a major highway (I-5).

The Kings fans will probi still be able to catch all of their games as well

CityofTreez
03-16-2011, 11:07 PM
Um, moving the Kings from SAC to Anaheim???? Thats not even that far. Same state and new location is separated by a major highway (I-8).

Look at a map young lad, we're separated by 600-700 miles of freeway!

Do you really think we're going to drive past Staples Center to attend these games?

Ill answer that for you.....................NO!

THE MTL
03-16-2011, 11:11 PM
Look at a map young lad, we're separated by 600-700 miles of freeway!

Do you really think we're going to drive past Staples Center to attend these games?

Ill answer that for you.....................NO!

Ok maybe I underestimated the distance, but its not no 700 miles LMAO! Cut that distance in half and there you go.

ESaady
03-16-2011, 11:17 PM
so sad :cry:

CityofTreez
03-16-2011, 11:18 PM
Ok maybe I underestimated the distance, but its not no 700 miles LMAO! Cut that distance in half and there you go.

Anaheim?

It's a good hour away from Los Angeles, so yeah it is that FAR away.

ESaady
03-16-2011, 11:19 PM
**** Anaheim.

goldenstater
03-16-2011, 11:20 PM
so where are the clippers then? three teams wont last, mark my words, and does that mean san jose is getting a team? i sure hope not!

abe_froman
03-16-2011, 11:21 PM
Um, moving the Kings from SAC to Anaheim???? Thats not even that far. Same state and new location is separated by a major highway (I-5).

never looked at a map of california before have you?

goldenstater
03-16-2011, 11:21 PM
Anaheim?

an hour ain't ****.

D1JM
03-16-2011, 11:22 PM

Over 400 miles, plus la traffic= 6+ hours of driving

goldenstater
03-16-2011, 11:22 PM

:clap:LMAO!!! I think the answer is no.

D1JM
03-16-2011, 11:24 PM
Seattle and sac should of gave the team a new stadium if they really wanted to keep them

CityofTreez
03-16-2011, 11:25 PM
an hour ain't ****.

Yes it is, especially when you have to travel past Staples Center to get there :cry:

goldenstater
03-16-2011, 11:26 PM

i would assume that the Warriors will take over that Market.

CityofTreez
03-16-2011, 11:26 PM

He just did, he edited the freeway he listed in his OP from I-8 to I-5 (which is correct) so he just did look at a California map.

D1JM
03-16-2011, 11:27 PM
I think Anaheim will be able to fill up the stadium

goldenstater
03-16-2011, 11:28 PM
Seattle and sac should of gave the team a new stadium if they really wanted to keep them

ya as sad as it is to say, they really should have. sucks, feel bad for both those cities.

CityofTreez
03-16-2011, 11:28 PM
i would assume that the Warriors will take over that Market.

Yeah, Warrior games will probably be televised in Sac/Chico for now on.

richiesaurus310
03-16-2011, 11:29 PM
sucks those are great fans.... nba fails again
seattle and sac without teams??? wow

It wasnt the nba's fault either times, they both needed new stadiums :facepalm:

Maybe my 49ers will be next to move from nor cal... :pray:

I do miss the name SUPERSONICS though...

CityofTreez
03-16-2011, 11:29 PM

why do you think that?

All the Anaheim fans are already Lakers/Clippers fans, why would they wish to buy tix to our games?

goldenstater
03-16-2011, 11:30 PM

you really do? maybe at first but i think it will be like a lot of the teems in that area, if they are winning they will show up. but the Clippers Fans barley show up. and yes, Clipper fans are WAY different from Blake Griffin Fans.

D1JM
03-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Tyreke has some goo highways to hit 100 easily next season.

DoMeFavors
03-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Why?

Why are "Royals" going to go to an area that they wont be able to compete in? They are also going to an area where there are 2 other teams within miles distance. Pathetic.
Kings should have stayed in Sacremento.

CityofTreez
03-16-2011, 11:32 PM

What are you spewing?

The Niners are building an awesome football stadium in Santa Clara as we speak. They're not going anywhere.

It was the NBA's fault, David Stern promised this would never happen, and the Maloofs have been promising us the same thing, but we recently found out they desired to move to Anaheim.

Sounds like an NBA joke too me.

stlbest5in2013
03-16-2011, 11:33 PM
great fans, all well to bad, its a business, these owners own these teams to make money first and foremost.

not a shot at the heat, but lucky for them their owners, love Miami. i mean the fans show up late for games constantly, and leave early all the time.

moving pro teams out of Florida is something the mlb, and nba should focus on.

RIP SAC TOWN KINGS

D1JM
03-16-2011, 11:34 PM
why do you think that?

All the Anaheim fans are already Lakers/Clippers fans, why would they wish to buy tix to our games?

you really do? maybe at first but i think it will be like a lot of the teems in that area, if they are winning they will show up. but the Clippers Fans barley show up. and yes, Clipper fans are WAY different from Blake Griffin Fans.

Clippers do almost fill up their stadium. Plus, Because a lot of Anaheim people hate driving all the way to the staples center, I think they will identify more with kings. From what I know Anaheim and la people don't like each other at all, so the rivalry will only get better

CityofTreez
03-16-2011, 11:35 PM
great fans, all well to bad, its a business, these owners own these teams to make money first and foremost.

not a shot at the heat, but lucky for them their owners, love Miami. i mean the fans show up late for games constantly, and leave early all the time.

RIP SAC TOWN KINGS

I never understand your posts just so you know.

goldenstater
03-16-2011, 11:36 PM

i don't think i have ever said this to another 49ers fan before but **** YOU!!!! also the Kings aren't 1/10 of the staple franchise in northern Cali that the 9ers are.

ESaady

What the ****? The 49ers wouldn't be the 49ers if they left NorCal.

Plus what CoT and G of Stater said.

D1JM
Anaheim isn't really that far miles wise to the staples, but it's like a damn hour and half to get there With traffic

Kevj77
03-16-2011, 11:37 PM
Over 400 miles, plus la traffic= 6+ hours of drivingEasily 6+ hours with traffic included. It would just be better to fly. It's about a 45-50 minute flight, if you book early it's about $140 round trip. With the cost of gas these days it's cheaper than driving. Probably more expensive once you rent a car, but it saves you about 10 hours in a car.

CityofTreez
Clippers do almost fill up their stadium. Plus, Because a lot of Anaheim people hate driving all the way to the staples center, I think they will identify more with kings. From what I know Anaheim and la people don't like each other at all, so the rivalry will only get better

Are you kidding me?

They will want to drive to the Staples Center instead of watching the team they grew up hating playing down the street.

Anaheim & Los Angeles fans have a rivalry with Bay Area fans, not themselves. You're just assuming, I understand, but it's not working.

richiesaurus310
What are you spewing?

The Niners are building an awesome football stadium in Santa Clara as we speak. They're not going anywhere.
It was the NBA's fault, David Stern promised this would never happen, and the Maloofs have been promising us the same thing, but we recently found out they desired to move to Anaheim.

Sounds like an NBA joke too me.

Its actually not a 100% sure thing anymore...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/08/california-governor-not-sympathetic-to-49ers-raiders/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/24/santa-clara-facing-loss-of-40-million-for-niners-stadium/

But they are probably going to santa clara... with the raiders :mad:

abe_froman
03-16-2011, 11:40 PM

you think so?

i cant see how they can peel off any fans

clippers-diehards,seriously for all the crap they endure and they still count themselves as fans...thats loyalty that nothing can destroy
lakers-will always be kings of the socal sports scene.if your not a true laker fan and just a bandwagon/front runner you will choose them way before kings

Caps1989
03-16-2011, 11:41 PM
As a Laker fan I am upset about this move, first of all now we have two great cities without a franchise. Secondly, LA now have 3 teams...they should have moved the Kings to Seattle, and have the Clippers move to another city, maybe Kansas City, try to spread out all teams as much as possible. I only say this because now the Kings and Clippers will always be in the shadow of the Lakers here in LA.

The LA name would seriously just be for PR sake. And as i understand it Anahiem is like 50 miles away from LA. I think that LA fans are smart enough to realise that LA =/= Anahiem.

goldenstater
03-16-2011, 11:42 PM

LA CLIPPER fans(no offense) never fill out there arena, they are usually in the lower half of drawing teams in the league, until Blake Griffin came. i have bought 10$ seats before to watch the Warriors play and have almost sat on the court, also there is a huge population of people inSouth LA county that live closer to Anaheim and OC than staple center. Anaheim might be OC but its not san Juan Capistrano OC, i lived in Long Beach for a long time and its literally 15-20 minutes down the road. its all one Large Metro Area.

D1JM
03-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Are you kidding me?

They will want to drive to the Staples Center instead of watching the team they grew up hating playing down the street.

Anaheim & Los Angeles fans have a rivalry with Bay Area fans, not themselves. You're just assuming, I understand, but it's not working.

R u from LA?

CityofTreez
03-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Its actually not a 100% sure thing anymore...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/08/california-governor-not-sympathetic-to-49ers-raiders/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/24/santa-clara-facing-loss-of-40-million-for-niners-stadium/

But they are probably going to santa clara... with the raiders :mad:

I don't want to get off-topic, but that stadium is being built.

We're different. The Kings are leaving because our City/Owners/Stern could care less about a new stadium in Sac.

CityofTreez
03-16-2011, 11:45 PM
R u from LA?

I grew up there in my childhood and have a bunch of family that live in Anaheim. When I visit, the Kings are the butt of their jokes, those are their new fans.............

It's truly sad!

D1JM
03-16-2011, 11:46 PM
LA CLIPPER fans(no offense) never fill out there arena, they were one of the worst drawing teams in the league, until Blake Griffin came. i have bought 10$ seats before to watch the Warriors play and have almost sat on the court, also there is a huge population of people inSouth LA county that live closer to Anaheim and OC than staple center. Anaheim might be OC but its not san Juan Capistrano OC, i lived in Long Beach for a long time and its literally 15-20 minutes down the road. its all one Large Metro Area.

Lol 15 -20 minutes down the road. Just getting to the ten from the 5 takes about ****en 40 minutes. 40 minutes to drive 5 miles

richiesaurus310
03-16-2011, 11:47 PM
why do you think that?

staples center is actually far away from anaheim. LA and Orange County are very different places, so they can support their own teams... angels, ducks, now royals...

goldenstater
03-16-2011, 11:48 PM
you think so?

i cant see how they can peel off any fans

clippers-diehards,seriously for all the crap they endure and they still count themselves as fans...thats loyalty that nothing can destroy
lakers-will always be kings of the socal sports scene.if your not a true laker fan and just a bandwagon/front runner you will choose them way before kings

this!

CityofTreez
The only fans I see them acquiring are all the Clippers fans that are sick of Sterling, but that's really it!

DerekRE_3

That sounds awful.

CityofTreez
03-16-2011, 11:50 PM
staples center is actually far away from anaheim. LA and Orange County are very different places, so they can support their own teams... angels, ducks, now royals...

This isn't going anywhere.

The Kings are the Kings. They originate from Sacramento and their history is there. All those Anaheim teams have some history in SoCal, not us.

DerekRE_3

I lived in Orange for three years, which is right next to Anaheim. Everyone down there is a Laker fan. A team coming to Orange County is not going to convert Laker fans to Kings fan. It's just not.

ZebraCity916

I will be. I was there for the bad. I was there for the good. And I'm here again during the bad. So, I'm sure I'll still be here when their going through the worst.......

**** the Maloof's!!!!!!!

goldenstater
03-16-2011, 11:51 PM
Lol 15 -20 minutes down the road. Just getting to the ten from the 5 takes about ****en 40 minutes. 40 minutes to drive 5 miles

sounds like you don't know how to time your drives in SOCal:D and also why would i ever take the 10? i would take the 22E from Long beach.

Bruno
Who goes down as the greatest player in Sacrament Kings history?

D1JM
I grew up there in my childhood and have a bunch of family that live in Anaheim. When I visit, the Kings are the butt of their jokes, those are their new fans.............

It's truly sad!

Then you should know that orange county and la people don't really like each other. Orange county people get offended when you say oh you are from la? They quickly say no, orange county and a bunch of other things. Well the people that I know.

CityofTreez
03-16-2011, 11:53 PM
sounds like you don't know how to time your drives in SOCal:D and also why would i ever take the 10? i would take the 22E from Long beach.

:laugh2:

I was thinking the same thing.

CityofTreez
03-16-2011, 11:54 PM
Then you should know that orange county and la people don't really like each other. Orange county people get offended when you say oh you are from la? They quickly say no, orange county and a bunch of other things. Well the people that I know.

Which has nothing to do with their sports preferentials.

So just because a team comes to town, they are going to show their chests at the Laker fans, and take in the Kings?

Yeah......No!

Also, I can guarantee you they may hate each other, but they both love Kobe Bryant, and that isn't changing.

richiesaurus310
03-16-2011, 11:56 PM
I don't want to get off-topic, but that stadium is being built.
We're different. The Kings are leaving because our City/Owners/Stern could care less about a new stadium in Sac.

construction is scheduled to begin in 2012, and won't be ready until 2015... the same year as the LA stadium :clap:

the 49ers and santa clara still have to raise $937 million for the stadium, and its getting tougher to do this without the raiders, the nfl, and california...

Kevj77
03-16-2011, 11:56 PM
Who goes down as the greatest player in Sacrament Kings history?Mitch Richmond or Cwebb?

D1JM
03-16-2011, 11:57 PM

We are talking about Anaheim not long beach

richiesaurus310
03-16-2011, 11:59 PM
This isn't going anywhere.

The Kings are the Kings. They originate from Sacramento and their history is there. All those Anaheim teams have some history in SoCal, not us.

The Royals trace their origins to a local semi-professional team based in Rochester, New York in the early 1920s, making them one of the oldest basketball clubs still in existence. The team joined the National Basketball League (NBL) in 1945 as the Rochester Royals, and joined its successor league, the modern NBA, in 1949. Though the Royals were often successful on the court, they had trouble turning a profit in the comparatively small market of Rochester, and relocated to Cincinnati, Ohio in 1957, becoming the Cincinnati Royals. In 1972 the team relocated to Kansas City, Missouri, initially splitting its games between Kansas City and Omaha, Nebraska, and taking up the name Kansas City Kings. The team again failed to find success in its market, and moved to Sacramento in 1985...

goldenstater
03-17-2011, 12:02 AM

id say Webber or Mitch richmond

CityofTreez
03-17-2011, 12:02 AM
The Royals trace their origins to a local semi-professional team based in Rochester, New York in the early 1920s, making them one of the oldest basketball clubs still in existence. The team joined the National Basketball League (NBL) in 1945 as the Rochester Royals, and joined its successor league, the modern NBA, in 1949. Though the Royals were often successful on the court, they had trouble turning a profit in the comparatively small market of Rochester, and relocated to Cincinnati, Ohio in 1957, becoming the Cincinnati Royals. In 1972 the team relocated to Kansas City, Missouri, initially splitting its games between Kansas City and Omaha, Nebraska, and taking up the name Kansas City Kings. The team again failed to find success in its market, and moved to Sacramento in 1985...

Are you serious right now?

I knew that, but what history do you know about the Sac Kings. Other than Nate Archibald & Reggie Theus, we are the Sacramento Kings! Chris Webber, Doug Christie, Mike Bibby, Nick Anderson, Jason Williams, Peja Stojakovic, etc

That is all Sac related, and now that is going to Anaheim, where a Los Angeles Clippers team was originally based out of San Diego (if I'm not mistaken). There is history everywhere, and I think everyone can vouch for the Kings going to the worst place possible for a Relocation!

Also, SF 49ers actually have constructed a plan, something Sacramento never came close to because of greedy owners, and a douchebag of a Commissioner named David Stern!

showtym24
03-17-2011, 12:03 AM
Thats horrible. They belong in sacramento. ****in maloofs.

D1JM
03-17-2011, 12:04 AM
Which has nothing to do with their sports preferentials.

So just because a team comes to town, they are going to show their chests at the Laker fans, and take in the Kings?

Yeah......No!

Also, I can guarantee you they may hate each other, but they both love Kobe Bryant, and that isn't changing.

Bandwagon fans, trust me, there are a lot.

CityofTreez
03-17-2011, 12:04 AM

Long Beach is on the way to Anaheim.

championships
03-17-2011, 12:05 AM
damn, Now I can't call them the queens anymore.

KDM1986
03-17-2011, 12:07 AM
They should stay the Kings imo.

enserio
03-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Just like you guys, I'm at a loss as to what the NBA/Maloofs are thinking on this one.

Besides, if the Maloofs aren't going to shell out the cash to field a competitive team, then it will be concretely assured that they will not get enough fans to make this move profitable.

F&%k are they building stadiums in CA anyways - my state is BROKE!

goldenstater
03-17-2011, 12:09 AM

Long Beach is in LA county, i'm just letting you know that South part of LA is still really close, they actually completely blend in with each other. i even just map quested Long Beach to Angel stadium and its literally 21 miles apart, and directly east not even south.

D1JM
03-17-2011, 12:12 AM
Long Beach is on the way to Anaheim.

WTF No it's not. Anaheim is east from long beach, unless you drive in circles when u go there

goldenstater
03-17-2011, 12:12 AM
all i am saying i that there will now be 3 teams with in the same metro area and imo that is way to many especially when one team completely dominates the market. if Anaheim was so far away then the Angels would never get away with calling them selves LA, its not like they are closer to SD and saying it others whys why don't the Chargers do that then,lol

D1JM
03-17-2011, 12:14 AM
Long Beach is in LA county, i'm just letting you know that South part of LA is still really close, they actually completely blend in with each other. i even just map quested Long Beach to Angel stadium and its literally 21 miles apart, and directly east not even south.

Everything is close there. But I was talking about Anaheim and staples center.

goldenstater
03-17-2011, 12:17 AM
WTF No it's not. Anaheim is east from long beach, unless you drive in circles when u go there

the point is they are extremely close. its closer to LA cities( Anhaim) than it is to SD Cities.

goldenstater
03-17-2011, 12:22 AM
Everything is close there. But I was talking about Anaheim and staples center.

and i am talking about it being all part of the same metro area. what if new york moved the team to brooklyn the moved a third team to say Yonkers o somewhere in Westchester county? that might work even better cause of the sizeof the area but wouldn't you think that is to many teams in one area?

Punk
03-17-2011, 12:24 AM
Wait, does this mean the Nets can use "Kings" as a trademark? Brooklyn Kings is perfect.

goldenstater
03-17-2011, 12:27 AM
Wait, does this mean the Nets can use "Kings" as a trademark? Brooklyn Kings is perfect.

thats actually pretty dope!! i still think they should be the Dodgers out of respect of BK's sports roots. Even though i Hate the Dodgers! seems fitting imo. but the Kings sound Dope too.

asandhu23
03-17-2011, 12:28 AM
Mitch Richmond or Cwebb?

id say Webber or Mitch richmond

Oscar Robertson. come on now

D1JM
03-17-2011, 12:28 AM
and i am talking about it being all part of the same metro area. what if new york moved the team to brooklyn the moved a third team to say Yonkers o somewhere in Westchester county? that might work even better cause of the sizeof the area but wouldn't you think that is to many teams in one area?

greater los angeles area is over 18 million people. orange county has $, a **** load of merchandise opportunity and the kings will be able to attract more players to come play for them in anaheim than sacramento

aussie
03-17-2011, 12:30 AM
new plan:
Lakers to Minneapolis
Clippers to San Diego
Royals to Anaheim

SACNYY
03-17-2011, 12:31 AM
This sucks badly. I hate David Stern and the Maloofs.

rhino17
03-17-2011, 12:32 AM
not sure why LA needs 3 teams

goldenstater
03-17-2011, 12:33 AM

oscar Robinson was still playing when the Kings moved to Sac in 85'?:D in kings history all-time yes of course its Oscar and Nate archibald.

DMasta718
03-17-2011, 12:34 AM

I recommend this. Perfect.

asandhu23
03-17-2011, 12:35 AM
oscar Robinson was still playing when the Kings moved to Sac in 85'?:D in kings history all-time yes of course its Oscar and Nate archibald.

who's Oscar Robinson?

goldenstater
03-17-2011, 12:39 AM
greater los angeles area is over 18 million people. orange county has $, a **** load of merchandise opportunity and the kings will be able to attract more players to come play for them in anaheim than sacramento

not as large as the merchandising opportunity would be if the were paired with LA, otherwise the Angels would have never changed there name. i will say this though , marketing in OC is still larger than that of SAC's.

that last part is absolutely true, i agree. If they lose though you will hear crickets there though IMO.

goldenstater
03-17-2011, 12:40 AM
who's Oscar Robinson?

:D Touche.

D1JM
03-17-2011, 12:42 AM
[/B]

not as large as the merchandising opportunity would be if the were paired with LA, otherwise the Angels would have never changed there name. i will say this though , marketing in OC is still larger than that of SAC's.

that last part is absolutely true, i agree. If they lose though you will hear crickets there though IMO.

you should email them to put the los angeles royals of anaheim :laugh2: long *** name

richiesaurus310
03-17-2011, 12:46 AM
anaheim $>sacramento $

even with the lakers and clippers 35 miles away...

DerekRE_3
03-17-2011, 12:47 AM

Mitch Richmond barely edges out Webber.

DerekRE_3
03-17-2011, 12:48 AM

He said Sacramento King. Not Cincinatti Royal.

stlbest5in2013
03-17-2011, 12:50 AM
I never understand your posts just so you know.

thanks

FYI if you dont like or understand my posts, then use the ignore list, pretty simple there.

there is no need to comment on them, if you do not understand them

richiesaurus310
03-17-2011, 12:51 AM
Ive never been to the honda center/ the pond but is it really that much nicer than arco arena??

and dont the maloof bros own arco arena???

goldenstater
03-17-2011, 12:52 AM
you should email them to put the los angeles royals of anaheim :laugh2: long *** name

LOL id do it if i were them, Arti Moreno did it and Has billboards up all over LA county now. Genius move Imo, the name is stupid and contradicting( from a legalistic standpoint) as hell but they have dipped into that LA market because of it an it has worked. combine that with them winning the Ship in 02' and they have created a competitive market against the Dodger right now.

Arch Stanton
03-17-2011, 12:53 AM
I realize Anaheim isn't exactly Los Angeles. But it's close enough. How many basketball teams does Los Angeles need? Why don't they get a football team? Trade a basketball team for a football team.

goldenstater
03-17-2011, 12:57 AM
I realize Anaheim isn't exactly Los Angeles. But it's close enough. How many basketball teams does Los Angeles need? Why don't they get a football team? Trade a basketball team for a football team.

my personal opinion( literally just a guess) is that this will force the Clippers hand to move, Seattle, San Jose, Vegas maybe?( long shot but makes sense).

DerekRE_3
03-17-2011, 12:58 AM
Ive never been to the honda center/ the pond but is it really that much nicer than arco arena??

The Honda Center is average as far as NBA arenas go. It's also 17 years old, so it's not exactly brand new.

jneises21
03-17-2011, 01:02 AM
Bring back the KC Kings!

shep33
03-17-2011, 01:13 AM
As a Laker fan I'm actually saddened by this. As much as I dislike the kings, they have some of the best fans ever. Really Maloofs? You basically want to move you team to Anaheim, to compete against Kobe's Lakers, and Blake's Clips?

SFGiants4life
03-17-2011, 01:23 AM
this.sucks.donkey.anus.

tredigs
03-17-2011, 01:32 AM
I'm a Warriors fan, and in some respects a rival of the Kings fans, but this pisses me off; Like losing the annoying brother who you can't stand, but still love.

I will truly be pissed if Sac loses the franchise, and to LA/ANAHEIM?? **** that noise. What a pathetic/undeserving region to lose the team to. Sad.

sacgiants1213
03-17-2011, 01:34 AM
The Maloofs are a joke. They should just name their team the Anaheim Contraction.

Yet, I'm still going to support the team. I've become too attached to the players to just abandon the team. I hope Petrie can win at least 1 ring, very deserving of it.

CityofTreez
03-17-2011, 01:38 AM

I've never been there/seen it, but I can guarantee you it's 100x better than Arco Arena.

Arco Arena will go down forever as the worst arena probably ever! It was one of the reasons why we'll end up leaving town, and it's just horrendous.

DerekRE_3
03-17-2011, 01:39 AM
Yeah I can't not watch DeMarcus Cousins develop...even when they move.

THINKBLUE15
03-17-2011, 01:39 AM
Anaheim?

About 35 miles from Downtown LA....10 minutes from LA County.

The LA name would seriously just be for PR sake. And as i understand it Anahiem is like 50 miles away from LA. I think that LA fans are smart enough to realise that LA =/= Anahiem.
Subtract 20 miles.

North Orange County and LA County are not different (THAT different) Places like Garden Grove, Cypress, etc that border LA County are basically the same thing as South LA county and are significantly closer to Downtown LA than other parts of Orange County. It is not the same. North OC is in the Los Angeles Metropolitan area.

Anaheim and Long Beach are neighbors. They are literally separated by Cypress.

LOL id do it if i were them, Arti Moreno did it and Has billboards up all over LA county now. Genius move Imo, the name is stupid and contradicting( from a legalistic standpoint) as hell but they have dipped into that LA market because of it an it has worked. combine that with them winning the Ship in 02' and they have created a competitive market against the Dodger right now.
It really hasn't. There are no Angel fans outside of Orange County. I know. I live here. Hell, Disneyland is in the back yard of Angel Stadium...go there on a Saturday afternoon....the entire park is flocked with Dodger gear and Laker gear. No Angels. No Ducks. They are taken over in their own town. They will never touch LA.

CityofTreez
03-17-2011, 02:00 AM
About 35 miles from Downtown LA....10 minutes from LA County.

Anaheim and Long Beach are neighbors. They are literally separated by Cypress.

35 miles from Downtown LA can take an hour, it has happened.

Another point taken that there are Lakers fans crawling everywhere from Fresno to San Diego. Just another team is just a waste of space.

nickdymez
03-17-2011, 02:02 AM
I hate the kings but, fuuuuuuucccckkkkkkk

richiesaurus310
03-17-2011, 02:18 AM
I mean there are enough fans to go around, there are like 20 million people in so cal. People can change fanhood. Kobe's Lakers will face a decline in the next 5 years after phil is gone and kobe and pau age, and blake's clips will be on the rise with the kings maybe. Its gonna be crazy down here when all 3 teams make the playoffs...

THINKBLUE15
03-17-2011, 02:19 AM
35 miles from Downtown LA can take an hour, it has happened.

Another point taken that there are Lakers fans crawling everywhere from Fresno to San Diego. Just another team is just a waste of space.

I know. I live here. And travel to Dodger/Laker games regularly. I know it happens...in fact, it happens all the time. Especially in rush hour. That doesn't take way the fact that Long Beach and Anaheim are neighbors.

Coupon
03-17-2011, 02:20 AM

RIP SAC TOWN KINGS

I'm a bit surprised NBA teams are still shaking down localities for new stadiums. How many worthwhile locales are left to put a team in? Kings fill up about 80% of seats now. The Clippers with Blake Griffin fill up about 90% of seats. I doubt the Kings will improve as third banana in L.A.

Being a die hard fan of any team carries a risk, because pro owners and leagues don't care about much but money. Fan loyalty is usually a one way street. Teams expect loyalty but give nothing of the sort. Once I fully realized that I began to take it all less seriously. Once you take the blinders off the NBA is really an unlikable institution. Same with MLB. The NFL is a bit better run, but also out for every dollar, loyalty be damned.

If the Brooklyn Dodgers could be moved by a greedy jerk after being the most profitable team in the NL the preceding 10 years, no team is safe.

My condolences.

Ripper Gein
03-17-2011, 02:25 AM
Bring as many teams to THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD!!!

asandhu23
03-17-2011, 02:41 AM
Bring as many teams to THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD!!!

... what? we are talking about Los Angeles not San Francisco.

richiesaurus310
03-17-2011, 02:47 AM
I'm a bit surprised NBA teams are still shaking down localities for new stadiums. How many worthwhile locales are left to put a team in? Kings fill up about 80% of seats now. The Clippers with Blake Griffin fill up about 90% of seats. I doubt the Kings will improve as third banana in L.A.

Being a die hard fan of any team carries a risk, because pro owners and leagues don't care about much but money. Fan loyalty is usually a one way street. Teams expect loyalty but give nothing of the sort. Once I fully realized that I began to take it all less seriously. Once you take the blinders off the NBA is really an unlikable institution. Same with MLB. The NFL is a bit better run, but also out for every dollar, loyalty be damned.

If the Brooklyn Dodgers could be moved by a greedy jerk after being the most profitable team in the NL the preceding 10 years, no team is safe.
My condolences.

True, but I think it was a good call on the Dodgers' part... ;)

I mean what team moving has been a bad call in any sport??? Has anyone ever moved back other than the raiders???

goldenstater
03-17-2011, 02:52 AM
It really hasn't. There are no Angel fans outside of Orange County. I know. I live here. Hell, Disneyland is in the back yard of Angel Stadium...go there on a Saturday afternoon....the entire park is flocked with Dodger gear and Laker gear. No Angels. No Ducks. They are taken over in their own town. They will never touch LA.[/QUOTE]

I lives in long beach and there were a ******* Load!!!!! Also I worked in pacoima( North LA) and stared at a Gigantic Angles billboard every morning. Ya there has been a very large conversion since 02' I'm not saying there more angels fans in LA than Dodgers but you would be blind to not see that angels fanbase has increase a numerous amount since then.( bandwagon or not) I agree 100% about everything you said about the proximity of LA and Anaheim btw.

Ripper Gein
03-17-2011, 02:53 AM
... what? we are talking about Los Angeles not San Francisco.

I said Greatest not Ga..........nope thats TOO easy THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD LOS ANGELES!!!!!!

ElMarroAfamado
03-17-2011, 02:57 AM
This is a disgrace. Even a bigger disgrace to send them to Anaheim. Anaheim? Really?
Its idiotic and unbelievable.

billy17
03-17-2011, 03:00 AM
Ill always be a fan, hopefully the Clippers leave and the Kings Lakers rivalry comes back and theyre cross-town.

Purple&Gold24
03-17-2011, 03:01 AM
:mad: We have enough teams here in LA!
At least i can see my lakers for cheap!
when they play clippers and the ROYALS lol

goldenstater
03-17-2011, 03:08 AM
I said Greatest not Ga..........nope thats TOO easy THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD LOS ANGELES!!!!!!

You should go out around candle stick and tell that joke wearing all LA stuff, they will love it out there then to the tenderloin and mission after that. They will laugh there *** off. Good luck:D

THINKBLUE15
03-17-2011, 03:12 AM
I lives in long beach and there were a ******* Load!!!!! Also I worked in pacoima( North LA) and stared at a Gigantic Angles billboard every morning. Ya there has been a very large conversion since 02' I'm not saying there more angels fans in LA than Dodgers but you would be blind to not see that angels fanbase has increase a numerous amount since then.( bandwagon or not) I agree 100% about everything you said about the proximity of LA and Anaheim btw.

[/QUOTE]

The Angels have a good fanbase. But I mean...it isn't and will never be a competition. The difference is astronomical. Especially internationally. The Angels have a pretty good fanbase I suppose but outside of the OC, very little. Outside of Southern California...not at all. At least what I see. There are way more OC Dodger fans than LA Angel fans. The Billboards are the Angel's doing. They pay for them. They can do what they want. Like I said, go to any common gathering point in So Cal. It is Lakers/Dodgers. The Angels have fans though, don't get me wrong.

Yea, I was born in Long Beach and lived in Anaheim for a while. Comparing North to South Orange county is ridiculous, especially when talking about its proximity to Los Angeles.

THINKBLUE15
03-17-2011, 03:16 AM
had to edit the quoting code there. something got messed up lol

goldenstater
03-17-2011, 03:23 AM
[QUOTE=THINKBLUE15;17143484)

The Angels have a good fanbase. But I mean...it isn't and will never be a competition. The difference is astronomical. Especially internationally. The Angels have a pretty good fanbase I suppose but outside of the OC, very little. Outside of Southern California...not at all. At least what I see. There are way more OC Dodger fans than LA Angel fans. The Billboards are the Angel's doing. They pay for them. They can do what they want. Like I said, go to any common gathering point in So Cal. It is Lakers/Dodgers. The Angels have fans though, don't get me wrong.

Yea, I was born in Long Beach and lived in Anaheim for a while. Comparing North to South Orange county is ridiculous, especially when talking about its proximity to Los Angeles.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that. I am just saying they have increased their fanbase considerably. Not to the extent of the dodgers of course. Before 02' for real who ever heard of an angels fan I had never met one. Now you see them. But I'm with what your saying about it. Now back on topic lol. I think Anaheim is to close for a third NBA team.

goldenstater
03-17-2011, 03:27 AM
had to edit the quoting code there. something got messed up lol

Lol that was my bad, I can't highlight sentences on my phone so I just erased and ended up erasing to much of your comment.

THINKBLUE15
03-17-2011, 03:30 AM
I agree with that. I am just saying they have increased their fanbase considerably. Not to the extent of the dodgers of course. Before 02' for real who ever heard of an angels fan I had never met one. Now you see them. But I'm with what your saying about it. Now back on topic lol. I think Anaheim is to close for a third NBA team.

Oh, yea. Since '02 I definitely agree. Losers named the Angels with a cheesy Disney movie based on them winning a WS had everyone rooting for them at the time and gained a huge following. Especially for OC families. I thought you meant the increase was by virtue of the name change, which wasn't until 2005.

goldenstater
03-17-2011, 03:39 AM
Oh, yea. Since '02 I definitely agree. Losers named the Angels with a cheesy Disney movie based on them winning a WS had everyone rooting for them at the time and gained a huge following. Especially for OC families. I thought you meant the increase was by virtue of the name change, which wasn't until 2005.

Well from a marketing stand point it can't hurt. I'm sure the A's would love to do the same thing up here. San Fran and LA obviously sell better than Oakland and Anaheim. I think it was a smart move on there part.

Crackadalic
03-17-2011, 06:15 AM
That isnt fair but it is what it is. Kings fan are some of the best fans out there. I remember them going crazy during the early 2000's playoff runs

ChiDougie19
03-17-2011, 10:12 AM
im gettin tired of these wack *** names

ChiDougie19
03-17-2011, 10:18 AM
however i do want new colors and jerseys

asandhu23
03-17-2011, 10:56 AM

Get your facts straight ( no pun intended )

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=122867548

San Francisco is no longer the gayest city in the US

joeboow90
03-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Another fail by the Nba..the kings and sonics were great franchises in their cities and now both will be gone. they shouldnt move another team to LA either. what a dumb move the Clippers are still trying to get out of the Lakers shadow and now theyre gonna put another nba team in that same area while other cities desperately want an nba team.. smh

NYYCowboys
03-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Why don't they move to like San Diego if they want to move to SoCal? Terrible move in my opinion. I mean I don't mind that they're moving from Sacramento, but at least move to a place that needs a team like Seattle, or Kansas City...

Storch
03-17-2011, 11:33 AM
damn more traffic for me

DerekRE_3
03-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Why don't they move to like San Diego if they want to move to SoCal? Terrible move in my opinion. I mean I don't mind that they're moving from Sacramento, but at least move to a place that needs a team like Seattle, or Kansas City...

Where would they play in San Diego? Where would they play in Seattle? Key Arena has been deemed unsuitable just like Arco Arena.

Kansas City has a new venue, but I guess the team doesn't want to go to a smaller market than Sacramento.

THE_FLASH_21
03-17-2011, 12:07 PM
damn as much as i hate the Lakers and hated the kings in the early 2000's Man did they both go at it. Some classic games. It sucks how all these small market teams are bailing out. I hope The Jazz and The Bucks aren't next.

richiesaurus310
03-17-2011, 01:06 PM
You should go out around candle stick and tell that joke wearing all LA stuff, they will love it out there then to the tenderloin and mission after that. They will laugh there *** off. Good luck:D

Come anywhere in LA wearing Giant gear talking about LA...

:badidea: :guns: :ohno:

WolvesJagsOs
03-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Fell bad for Kings fans. That sucks.

Hellcrooner
03-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Feel bad for sacramento fans.

I would like them if they HAVE TO move that they moved BACK to Kansas City and ketp the Kings name.

But at least im relieved to know they are nto becoming the Anaheim cobras or some **** like that.
They are gettng back to be the Royals wich i find Nice.

CityofTreez
03-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Growing up a Kings fan, I officially now hate the NBA and what it tries to preach to every fan!

Where Amazing Happens, Yeah ****ing Right, where putrid money grubbing whores assemble to destroy what's good about the league!

stlbest5in2013
03-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Growing up a Kings fan, I officially now hate the NBA and what it tries to preach to every fan!

Where Amazing Happens, Yeah ****ing Right, where putrid money grubbing whores assemble to destroy what's good about the league!

what are you talking about? the owners forked over the money for the teams, they can do what ever with the team as they please. its a business, these owners did not spend their own millions of dollars, to not make a profit.

the owners tried to get a new stadium in sac-town, did not happen, so they have to do what is best for them, and thats move the team if they feel that way.it may not be fair to the fans, or right, but its their decesion, and their decesion only, not the fans, and not anyone else's decision.

look at business's across america that have nothing to do with sports, they move out of the country, because its cheaper for them to operate. different situation i am assuming here, but the owners of the kings, feel they can be more profitable in anaheim, then in sac-town.

it sucks for the fans, but there is nothing you can do about it, life is not fair.

Hellcrooner
03-17-2011, 03:31 PM
what are you talking about? the owners forked over the money for the teams, they can do what ever with the team as they please. its a business, these owners did not spend their own millions of dollars, to not make a profit.

the owners tried to get a new stadium in sac-town, did not happen, so they have to do what is best for them, and thats move the team if they feel that way.it may not be fair to the fans, or right, but its their decesion, and their decesion only, not the fans, and not anyone else's decision.

look at business's across america that have nothing to do with sports, they move out of the country, because its cheaper for them to operate. different situation i am assuming here, but the owners of the kings, feel they can be more profitable in anaheim, then in sac-town.

it sucks for the fans, but there is nothing you can do about it, life is not fair.

something that should by no means be allowed by law in a time of crisis like this.

SA5195
03-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Damn...but seriously another LA team!?

Sadds The Gr8
03-17-2011, 03:38 PM
sucks...feel bad for the Kings fans. i couldn't imagine losing the Raptors. it's pathetic that southern cal is gettin another team. ****in bull ****

jmtapia
03-17-2011, 04:03 PM
If they were moving the team to southern cal i wonder why they didnt try to move it to San Diego. Im not sure if they have an arena there or not... might be the reason.

Either way. It sucks to lose our team in Sacramento but to be honest Sac cant really hold a team through thick and thin. NBA is a business and having a team in Sacramento going through ups and downs isnt a savvy business move. No FA ever wanted to come here unless the Maloofs way overpaid... even then the desire to come to Sac was minimal.

Kings have a few solid young players. A Top 5 pick coming in this draft and a **** load of $$$. Lets hope that this move is exactly what this franchise needs to propel them out of its losing ways.

Sucks they are leaving but im looking forward to how this franchise is going to transition.

richiesaurus310
03-17-2011, 04:10 PM
sucks...feel bad for the Kings fans. i couldn't imagine losing the Raptors. it's pathetic that southern cal is gettin another team. ****in bull ****

I dont think people understand how many people live in so cal and how spread out the greater LA area is...

smith&wesson
03-17-2011, 04:18 PM
i dont understand why california needs 4 teams when only one wins any ships.

smith&wesson
03-17-2011, 04:21 PM
I dont think people understand how many people live in so cal and how spread out the greater LA area is...

no we understand how big it it is. but do they really need four teams ?

texas is by far the biggest state and they have three teams.

Hellcrooner
03-17-2011, 04:21 PM
i dont understand why california needs 4 teams when only one wins any ships.

3 of them have ships

Sadds The Gr8
03-17-2011, 04:23 PM

that's not the point though. they don't need 3 teams in 1 area....wtf is that...?

richiesaurus310
03-17-2011, 04:27 PM
no we understand how big it it is. but do they really need four teams ?

texas is by far the biggest state and they have three teams.

so cal and nor cal are different places, so cal can support 3 teams in la/orange county.

Texas: 25,145,561 people 3 teams

Greater Los Angeles Area: 17,786,419 people 3 teams

And LA's population is way less spread out than the whole state of Texas...

:burn:

asandhu23
03-17-2011, 05:07 PM
California by itself could split into three different States. Central Valley, Nor Cal and So Cal.

LA can definitely handle 3 teams... although it would be better if Kings move to the other end of LA area.

evadatam5150
03-17-2011, 05:33 PM
oh lets move to anaheim where the no name lakers are AND the clippers

they are not going to get any better attendance

They'll have four substantial marketplaces to pull fans from, San Diego, Orange County and Riverside County and Los Angeles.. If they're at all competitive they will not have any issues pulling in fans..

Just saying..

evadatam5150
03-17-2011, 05:41 PM
If they were moving the team to southern cal i wonder why they didnt try to move it to San Diego. Im not sure if they have an arena there or not... might be the reason.

Either way. It sucks to lose our team in Sacramento but to be honest Sac cant really hold a team through thick and thin. NBA is a business and having a team in Sacramento going through ups and downs isnt a savvy business move. No FA ever wanted to come here unless the Maloofs way overpaid... even then the desire to come to Sac was minimal.

Kings have a few solid young players. A Top 5 pick coming in this draft and a **** load of $$$. Lets hope that this move is exactly what this franchise needs to propel them out of its losing ways.

Sucks they are leaving but im looking forward to how this franchise is going to transition.

San Diego has an arena where the Clippers used to play but it's old and antiquated, basically beyond it's years.. San Diego also didn't support the Clippers very well, most had to do with Donald Sterling and the crap he constantly put on the floor.. Dudes a cancer and San Diego figured that out pretty quickly.. Anyways it would be cool to see a franchise back here again I just know that there wouldn't be any interest due to the arena and the history.. I can tell you the Lakers play here every year for pre-season and fill that place up to the rafters.. :D

evadatam5150
03-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Damn...but seriously another LA team!?

Anaheim is not in Los Angeles..

FuriousJatt
03-17-2011, 05:49 PM
LA CLIPPER fans(no offense) never fill out there arena, they are usually in the lower half of drawing teams in the league, until Blake Griffin came. i have bought 10$ seats before to watch the Warriors play and have almost sat on the court, also there is a huge population of people inSouth LA county that live closer to Anaheim and OC than staple center. Anaheim might be OC but its not san Juan Capistrano OC, i lived in Long Beach for a long time and its literally 15-20 minutes down the road. its all one Large Metro Area.

I live in norcal and ive attended few lakers and clips games (playing against each other). when the home game is the lakers, well good luck getting a ticket, if its a clips you can get a ticket anytime... last time i watched a game was on jan 16th. i was able to get two tickets during first quarter from some guy hanging outside for the face value.... not a penny over.

asandhu23
03-17-2011, 05:54 PM

same immediate region.

IBleedPurple
03-17-2011, 06:02 PM
Sucks for Kings fans

goldenstater
03-17-2011, 06:23 PM

LMAO!!!first of all if your going to talk trash get it right, i wasn't the one calling your city gay. and second of all a have MANY MANY MANY( left field bleachers at the ravine to be exact everytime) times and have never felt a scratch on me, but the difference is i am a hater of the Dodgers not LA. i respect LA the city, but don't act like you would walk around SF calling everyone gay like its weak, cause just like LA your going to GET GOT, AND FAST. now stay on subject.

goldenstater
03-17-2011, 06:27 PM

that is very true, its massive but i still think three teams in one area no matter how big it is is to much.

evadatam5150
03-17-2011, 06:34 PM
LMAO!!!first of all if your going to talk trash get it right, i wasn't the one calling your city gay. and second of all a have MANY MANY MANY( left field bleachers at the ravine to be exact everytime) times and have never felt a scratch on me, but the difference is i am a hater of the Dodgers not LA. i respect LA the city, but don't act like you would walk around SF calling everyone gay like its weak, cause just like LA your going to GET GOT, AND FAST. now stay on subject.

As a Dodger fan I have to agree.. I hate the Giants.. Hate probably isn't even close to how much I loath the Giants.. It's a sports thing, a rival thing, and it's just how it is.. San Francisco is a beautiful city with lot's of culture and to say the city is Gay or sucks is just ignorant.. I get the whole being true to your team, but I don't get the hate or stigmas that come with hating a city or state or the people who live in them..

asandhu23

Originally Posted by evadatam5150
same immediate region.

Seriously.. ?? That's like saying Oakland is a part of San Francisco.. Say that to any Oakland fan and see how far that get's you...

goldenstater
03-17-2011, 06:37 PM
I live in norcal and ive attended few lakers and clips games (playing against each other). when the home game is the lakers, well good luck getting a ticket, if its a clips you can get a ticket anytime... last time i watched a game was on jan 16th. i was able to get two tickets during first quarter from some guy hanging outside for the face value.... not a penny over.

this.

goldenstater
03-17-2011, 06:43 PM
As a Dodger fan I have to agree.. I hate the Giants.. Hate probably isn't even close to how much I loath the Giants.. It's a sports thing, a rival thing, and it's just how it is.. San Francisco is a beautiful city with lot's of culture and to say the city is Gay or sucks is just ignorant.. I get the whole being true to your team, but I don't get the hate or stigmas that come with hating a city or state or the people who live in them..

exactly

Seriously.. ?? That's like saying Oakland is a part of San Francisco.. Say that to any Oakland fan and see how far that get's you...

it actually is the same thing, they are part of the SF bay area, could you imagine if there were a team in oakland, SF, and SJ? all be it,LA/Orange county is bigger but the bay is big too. it wouldn't work imo.

JWO35
03-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Couldn't have sworn, people said they would never move :shrug:
Sucks for them....

fadedmario
03-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Anaheim Royals - Wow

Gram
03-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Kings fans, I feel for you guys. Although us Pistons fans never get along with you guys it sure must bites losing the city to LA.

MVP1
03-17-2011, 07:08 PM
If the NBA had their way, their would be another team in New York, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia basically the major cities.

Lakers + Giants
03-17-2011, 07:19 PM

I took my giants jersey to Chavez Ravine and they only booed me. LA is not as ghetto as it once was. We are in 2011 not the 90's. LA is not nearly as dangerous as it was back then. . .

richiesaurus310
03-17-2011, 07:25 PM
I took my giants jersey to Chavez Ravine and they only booed me. LA is not as ghetto as it once was. We are in 2011 not the 90's. LA is not nearly as dangerous as it was back then. . .

Eh if u look the part of a "cholo" or gangster in dodger stadium with a giant jersey on you will get some unwanted attention in the parking lot and in the left field pavillion. Especially after 9 innings of beer...

Metsfan98
03-17-2011, 07:27 PM
That must stink for King fans.

goldenstater
03-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Eh if u look the part of a "cholo" or gangster in dodger stadium with a giant jersey on you will get some unwanted attention in the parking lot and in the left field pavillion. Especially after 9 innings of beer...

maybe thats the problem, i think everyone else only gets 7 innings of beer drinking.:D
i do agree with that, also agree with lakers/giants. i think thats just a Cali i think, dudes with their chest puffed up get checked faster usually unless your a monster then most people leave u alone no matter where your at.lol

THINKBLUE15
03-17-2011, 08:49 PM
lol Can't wait for the half priced beer nights this year. Cheers to the stabbings!

richiesaurus310
03-17-2011, 09:09 PM
maybe thats the problem, i think everyone else only gets 7 innings of beer drinking.:D
i do agree with that, also agree with lakers/giants. i think thats just a Cali i think, dudes with their chest puffed up get checked faster usually unless your a monster then most people leave u alone no matter where your at.lol

Lol plus the beer you drink while sitting on the 110 getting to the stadium

buch88
03-17-2011, 10:31 PM
In my eyes, the kings fans of Sacramento will always be some of the best fans in the NBA.

I remember back in the Webber/Bibby days national announcers always called their arena the "Madhouse of the NBA" because it was so loud. Seattle and Sacramento, 2 great NBA cities without a team. That's a shame.

LA_Raiders
03-17-2011, 11:40 PM
They are losing a great fan base. Good luck in Anaheim which later they will change to LA...

We already have 2 teams....

**** Stern and the Maloofs

Chacarron
03-17-2011, 11:42 PM
At least the Lakers bandwagoners will jump to the Royals now. I hope. Tough break for Sac Kings fans.

chisox..YES!
03-18-2011, 12:07 AM
Between Seattle and Sacramento, the North-Western region of the US is losing a significant amount of NBA fans if this goes through.

goldenstater
03-18-2011, 01:47 AM
am i the only one who thinks that this make the Clippers move? i just don't see them staying. idk i guess thats just me.

Voodoo Alchemy
03-18-2011, 01:55 AM
it's cool, i don't mind the kings cuz i live 15 mins away down the 57. i wish they wouldn't use the name anaheim, i prefer OC royals. SoCal Royals would be dope tho, sportn dat black and purple in SoCali!

mttwlsn16
03-18-2011, 02:08 AM
so u mean we now arent the worst team in LA??
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

mttwlsn16
03-18-2011, 02:09 AM
am i the only one who thinks that this make the Clippers move? i just don't see them staying. idk i guess thats just me.

1. lol @ clippers leaving bc of the kings
2. LA is a huge market, clippers going nowhere
3. Clippers just got a kickass new practice facility
4. no way DTS relocates the team

Yunqn
03-18-2011, 02:10 AM
seattle and sacramento lose their teams.. but minnesota still has theres?

2 new york teams
3 L.A teams

no football team in l.a
no football team in ny..

how stupid are these guys?

i mean come on.. but yet stern & godell want to expand the game and have them play overseas!..

GET THE ****ING CITY's RIGHT FIRST IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY!

and i havent even thought about every team in both sports .. im pretty sure theres other places that shouldnt have a team and those owners shouldnt be owning anything.. i.e sterling.

but yet stern & godell could try to over punish coaches & players but watch owners and their arenas take taxes from the state and give you a piece of **** to watch.. every single year..

JiffyMix88
03-18-2011, 02:41 AM
So many teams in one area when there are other states that have no teams that are well deserved.... SternBA

lamar2006
03-18-2011, 03:05 AM
how dumb are some of you??? Anaheim is in Orange Countyis not Los Angeles. STUDY A MAP BEFORE YOU COMMENT. That is like saying why are the Padres in San Diego when they already have the Angels. See how dumb that sounds. Orange County covers alot of cities but Los Angeles is not one of them. I can see some Angels fans joyning the Royals wagon.

DodgerB24
03-18-2011, 03:15 AM
construction is scheduled to begin in 2012, and won't be ready until 2015... the same year as the LA stadium :clap:

the 49ers and santa clara still have to raise $937 million for the stadium, and its getting tougher to do this without the raiders, the nfl, and california...

Wait, they're building a stadium in L.A? I guess I missed something. :facepalm: :confused:

So, Sacremento Royals of Anaheim-Los Angeles then? :facepalm:

DodgerB24
03-18-2011, 03:23 AM

This. I HATE the Giants, but to call the city gay (and the people) is just dumb. Also considering that SF is a nice city overall.

Agree. L.A was iffy in the 90's but now it's great place to live in my opinion. (Except the smog)

*sigh* Just because a few fans leave in the 7th/8th doesn't mean that we're all like that! :mad:

goldenstater
03-18-2011, 03:34 AM
This. I HATE the Giants, but to call the city gay (and the people) is just dumb. Also considering that SF is a nice city overall.

Agree. L.A was iffy in the 90's but now it's great place to live in my opinion. (Except the smog)

*sigh* Just because a few fans leave in the 7th/8th doesn't mean that we're all like that! :mad:

Lol all I was saying is they stop selling beers in the 7th inning. Lol.

dodie53
03-18-2011, 04:15 AM
3 teams ni LA?
boring.

D1JM
03-18-2011, 05:01 AM
so cal and nor cal are different places, so cal can support 3 teams in la/orange county.

Texas: 25,145,561 people 3 teams

Greater Los Angeles Area: 17,786,419 people 3 teams

And LA's population is way less spread out than the whole state of Texas...

:burn:

Yup. A lot if people don't get that.

Trueblue2
03-18-2011, 06:05 AM
Anyones who's ever driven from OC to the bay or the other way around knows it's a 6hr minimum ride. It'd be a faster drive for the fans to move them to oregon. If you're gonna bring another team to socal bring it to sandy eggo.

Bulls_fan90
03-18-2011, 08:11 AM
Just move a team to Las Vegas already.

NYKalltheway
03-18-2011, 10:09 AM
this sucks... I always liked the Sac Kings

metsfanssince05
03-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Sucks to be Kings fans.. They had some really special players, but hey that doesn't mean that cant stop following them.. Anaheim Royals sounds pretty cool if you ask me.

goldenstater
03-18-2011, 12:51 PM
how dumb are some of you??? Anaheim is in Orange Countyis not Los Angeles. STUDY A MAP BEFORE YOU COMMENT. That is like saying why are the Padres in San Diego when they already have the Angels. See how dumb that sounds. Orange County covers alot of cities but Los Angeles is not one of them. I can see some Angels fans joyning the Royals wagon.

:facepalm: 30 miles separates the staple center and honda center, 95 miles separates angels stadium and petco part,sooooo.... your study skills need work, just a little maybe? or atleast comparative skills?

GSW Hoops
03-18-2011, 12:53 PM

Haha yes. GSW will be welcoming all disgruntled Kings fans.

goldenstater
Anyones who's ever driven from OC to the bay or the other way around knows it's a 6hr minimum ride. It'd be a faster drive for the fans to move them to oregon. If you're gonna bring another team to socal bring it to sandy eggo.

ive gotten to LA in 5 1/2;)

todu82
Always sad to see a city losing its team. Sacramento was a team that looked on the cusp of greatness a few years ago, best of luck to them in Anaheim.

GSW Hoops
03-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Sucks to be Kings fans.. They had some really special players, but hey that doesn't mean that cant stop following them.. Anaheim Royals sounds pretty cool if you ask me.

Quite a long drive from Sacramento to Anaheim to see a game...

goldenstater
03-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Haha yes. GSW will be welcoming all disgruntled Kings fans.

we can all be frustrated together!! like one big pissed off family.lol

GSW Hoops
03-18-2011, 12:58 PM
we can all be frustrated together!! like one big pissed off family.lol

All the Kings fans will have to drive to Oakland to see their local sports team lose.

DodgerB24
03-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Lol all I was saying is they stop selling beers in the 7th inning. Lol.

Oh, yeah you're right. I fail. :facepalm:

goldenstater
03-18-2011, 01:05 PM
All the Kings fans will have to drive to Oakland to see their local sports team lose.

LOL!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

goldenstater
03-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Oh, yeah you're right. I fail. :facepalm:

lol no worries.

Ripper Gein
03-18-2011, 01:16 PM

You mean the Nortenos? I Have i go every year when the Dodgers play the gnats i even leave all my L.A tattoos uncovered NEVER had any problems...:cool:

Ripper Gein
03-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Get your facts straight ( no pun intended )

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=122867548

San Francisco is no longer the gayest city in the US

Whoa Whoa Whoa what makes you think i was gonna say gayest that **** is childish you think i want hillary duff or wanda sykes on my ***, i was gonna say GAMEST you san franciscans are game for ANYTHING:D

goldenstater
03-18-2011, 01:56 PM
You mean the Nortenos? I Have i go every year when the Dodgers play the gnats i even leave all my L.A tattoos uncovered NEVER had any problems...:cool:

i am more talking about being disrespectful and acting like everywhere in SF is gay. btw northsiders are in the mission, and i would cool with that LA ****(unless you bang) for right now cause the mission has been on fire lately, rep your city and team just becareful how you do it just like LA. there are neighborhood you can and cant do it in. you go into HP Reppin LA loud And calling everyone gay, you will not make it out, period, theres MONSTERS out there cuddy.