PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo and Amar'e Have Plus/Minus Of +1 During Their First 335 Minutes Together

Swashcuff
03-16-2011, 07:43 PM
The Knicks are 6-6 since acquiring Carmelo Anthony on Feb. 22.

Since the break, the Knicks have the fourth-best offense in the league, but the 24th-best defense.

During Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire's 335 minutes on the floor together, they have outscored opponents by just one point.

The Knicks have scored 110.5 points per 100 possessions, while allowing 110.9 points per 100 possessions. The combo has a +1 despite that efficiency gap because it estimates that New York has had more offensive than defensive possessions with those two on the floor, factoring in substitutions for offense.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/03/16/statscube-knicks-stuck-in-neutral/

We all know by the time the Knicks figure it out figures like this are going to change. Interesting to see however.

knicks_champ
03-16-2011, 07:46 PM
It takes time my son, it takes time.

Rome wasn't built in a day

redsox0717
03-16-2011, 07:48 PM
A Mike D'antoni team has **** defense? No way!!!

evadatam5150
03-16-2011, 07:48 PM

We all know by the time the Knicks figure it out figures like this are going to change. Interesting to see however.

In the end the only thing that truly matter is this:

6-6

Either you're winning or you're losing and hopefully you're doing one more than the other..

JNA17
03-16-2011, 07:49 PM

yet supposedly god built the whole planet in seven days.

Swashcuff
03-16-2011, 07:51 PM

That's why I said

We all know by the time the Knicks figure it out figures like this are going to change

Avenged
03-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Everyone was always skeptical about their D, and this just further proves it. This is nothing new on that end.

The Knicks having the 4th best offense is no surprise either considering that team is lead by Amare and Melo.

Confusious
03-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Time isn't going to help the Knicks defense. :laugh2:

If anything, they're going to can Billups at some point and make it even worse.

Geargo Wallace
03-16-2011, 08:08 PM
+1 is a success!!!!!!!!!

Swashcuff
03-16-2011, 08:09 PM

:confused:

They have already been on record of being interested in keeping him. Their biggest problem will be interior D and not perimeter.

Knicks21
03-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Mike is the problem, sooner we get rid of him the better.

DoMeFavors
03-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Billups has trouble running with the team, and Jeffries shows no offense. Mike has to change the system especially when the team was used to running now slows down and gets Melo post ups.

The Jokemaker
03-16-2011, 08:36 PM
To be expected this season. Anyone who expected the Knicks to be title contenders THIS season is delusional. They have problems on defense and have been playing close games lately, hence the +1.

mjqusoldier
03-16-2011, 08:38 PM
well c what happens. still too early to judge but Mike D sux

Amare1
03-17-2011, 12:25 AM
Fire Mike D. He is Horrible. I hate Him.

justinnum1
03-17-2011, 12:34 AM
This is not surprising...if they keep billups, how do they plan on upgrading their roster?

Maybe mike and spo can share some ideas, spo is pretty clueless on offense and mike d is clueless on defense

John Walls Era
03-17-2011, 12:35 AM
+/- isn't a great indicator, but W/L is. They're .500 together, which is pretty bad considering those 2 are top 25 players.

blahblahyoutoo
03-17-2011, 12:40 AM
Mike is the problem, sooner we get rid of him the better.

you mean the owner who went over the heads of both GM and coach, neither of which were willing to sell the farm for another all star.

justinnum1
03-17-2011, 12:41 AM
+/- isn't a great indicator, but W/L is. They're .500 together, which is pretty bad considering those 2 are top 25 players.

there .500 with 4 losses to indy and cle letting them score 110+ They just all need to commit to playing defense and communicating. You can tell no one talks to one another on D. Melo is actually a pretty good 1 on 1 defender, but amare needs to seriously commit. Also they need to run p&r more between them.

John Walls Era
03-17-2011, 12:55 AM
there .500 with 4 losses to indy and cle letting them score 110+ They just all need to commit to playing defense and communicating. You can tell no one talks to one another on D. Melo is actually a pretty good 1 on 1 defender, but amare needs to seriously commit. Also they need to run p&r more between them.

His DRtg is pretty pedestrian.

Chi StateOfMind
03-17-2011, 01:03 AM
u guys have a good team but when u have a coach who doesnt believe in defense ur chances of winning it all are slim.......

blastmasta26
03-17-2011, 01:08 AM
u guys have a good team but when u have a coach who doesnt believe in defense ur chances of winning it all are slim.......
Truth.

More-Than-Most
03-17-2011, 01:09 AM
They have 2 max contract guys whom are great on 1 side of the ball and bad on the other... They have a offensive minded coach whom never prioritized defense... Amare/Melo/Dantoni have been in the league for a while and still have not figured out defense so time will not help any of them. As a sixer fan I loved that the knicks got melo because they will be contractually restricted with little to no defense.

Trying to make a big 3 in my opinion is bad... Trying to make a big 3 with 1 dimensional players is the worse case scenario.

tredigs
03-17-2011, 01:17 AM
Truly not to bait, but is there a doubt in anyones mind that Denver would steamroll through the Knicks in a series?

It's not just D'Antoni fellas. The leaders on this team are everything but defense orientated. They have never been to a finals, and that's not ever going to change. Save for getting a guy like D. Howard, they are doomed for early round exits every year. Sorry NY fans - welcome (back) to reality.

whitemamba33
03-17-2011, 01:18 AM
There seems to be an interesting trend this year:

Put multiple stars on a team together, and then blame the coach when they don't meet expectations.

More-Than-Most
03-17-2011, 01:22 AM
There seems to be an interesting trend this year:

Put multiple stars on a team together, and then blame the coach when they don't meet expectations.

I do agree it is a trend but Dantoni is a part of the blame. His expertise on one side of the ball and lack there of on the other is not the recipe for success for a team to win a championship. People will say well the suns almost did and that might be true but the suns covered up a ton of the coaches flaws because they had great players and were deep all around.

Mudvayne91
03-17-2011, 01:26 AM
Truly not to bait, but is there a doubt in anyones mind that Denver would steamroll through the Knicks in a series?

It's not just D'Antoni fellas. The leaders on this team are everything but defense orientated. They have never been to a finals, and that's not ever going to change. Save for getting a guy like D. Howard, they are doomed for early round exits every year. Sorry NY fans - welcome (back) to reality.

I'm not sure I'd go as far as steamroll, but I do think the Nugs would probably take it. I will say this though. Anytime you have two legit superstars, they can win.

TrueFan420
03-17-2011, 01:32 AM
I will say this though. Anytime you have two legit superstars, they can win.

true but i will say this too... anytime you put 5 guys on the floor they can win

Jewelz0376
03-17-2011, 01:44 AM
Their D is so bad it's a joke...It's layup after layup after uncontested 3 after uncontested 3...not to mention they can't rebound either...

In the beginning I actually thought if Mia ended up as the 3rd seed ny would give them a series...but I can't see that series going past 5 games anymore...and the only reason why I'm assuming it won't be a sweep is cuz I figure at least one game they will shoot out of their minds...

toovey107
03-17-2011, 02:03 AM
:laugh2: @ Knick fans who kept saying, "give it time"

I hope when referencing time, you are referring to next year.

Your defense will continue to be terrible.

Yeah, D'Antoni is pretty bad; but your two "star" players are also awful.

toovey107
03-17-2011, 02:04 AM
I'm not sure I'd go as far as steamroll, but I do think the Nugs would probably take it. I will say this though. Anytime you have two legit superstars, they can win.
No, no you cannot. Maybe if your two stars are actually top ten players and actually played D, then maybe I would agree.

If you are facing a team of Denver's caliber in the playoffs, you have to play defense. If you don't, you will lose.

It's as simple as that.

Sandman
03-17-2011, 02:06 AM
they dont have any depth. they get burned by teams with it.

their big win was against the heat, who also have no depth. its the only team they match up with.

arkanian215
03-17-2011, 02:14 AM
+/- doesn't have much inferential value when the sample size is small.

toovey107
03-17-2011, 02:16 AM
6-6 (two losses to the Cavs :laugh2:)

9-2

That certainly says something.

quietstorm80
03-17-2011, 02:18 AM
Melo at least gives some effort on d but Stat shows zero interest. He gives no energy. When he was the only scoring option I could understand but now that he has Melo to help there is no reason for his lazyness on the defensive end.

quietstorm80
03-17-2011, 02:21 AM
I'm not going to get carried away with Denver's record....Didn't the Cav's start out good also??

toovey107
03-17-2011, 02:25 AM
I'm not going to get carried away with Denver's record....Didn't the Cav's start out good also??
Really want to compare the roster of the Cavs to Denvers?

A bit of a stretch, just a bit.

It's pretty obvious that Denver is a much better team now. They not only have a lot more depth but they are a much better defensive team currently as well.

Truly shows how a guy like Melo, can really hamper your team as a whole.

SlowMo
03-17-2011, 02:30 AM
Heat fans must love the fact that some of the hate is being shoveled over to the Knicks.

After watching Melo in Denver I can say this, he is pretty lazy on D when things aren't going well, or when the teams are sub-par. But he usually brings it when playing against elite teams or in important games. He's also the most clutch player in the league, but that only matters if the game comes down to the last shot... and its in his hands.

SlowMo
03-17-2011, 02:33 AM

if by good you mean 8-9. I think 9 - 2 is a little different, but maybe that's just me.

Chronz
03-17-2011, 02:41 AM
In the end the only thing that truly matter is this:

6-6

Either you're winning or you're losing and hopefully you're doing one more than the other..

Can you explain what your trying to get at?

Knicks21
03-17-2011, 02:42 AM
:laugh2: @ Knick fans who kept saying, "give it time"

I hope when referencing time, you are referring to next year.

Your defense will continue to be terrible.

Yeah, D'Antoni is pretty bad; but your two "star" players are also awful.

Didn't Miami start out 9-8??? They had time, and started to work things out and proved to be a very good team. Saying Melo and Amare are awful is just wrong, you and I both know that they are very good players.

Chronz
03-17-2011, 02:42 AM

no, they didnt

Chronz
03-17-2011, 02:44 AM
Didn't Miami start out 9-8??? They had time, and started to work things out and proved to be a very good team. Saying Melo and Amare are awful is just wrong, you and I both know that they are very good players.
They started out 9-8 but they had displayed the efficiency levels of a team much better than that. With them you knew it was going to happen soon, with the Knicks we have yet to see that kind of potential, though to be fair, not having Billups up to speed has alot to do with it.

Chronz
03-17-2011, 02:45 AM

Depends on how you look at it, a +/- of +1 is basically the equivalent of .500

toovey107
03-17-2011, 02:48 AM
Good players? Sure.

Good defensive players? No, they're both pretty bad. That's what I meant.

Difference between Miami and Knicks- Well besides Lebron/Wade being light years better than Amare/Melo? They actually play defense. (Don't even have to mention Bosh in the equation).

You can reference time all you want. Melo and Amare don't play defense consistently, never have.

Also, D'antoni has never emphasized anything on the defensive side of the ball, so there's no hope or room for improvement there.

Knicks have no depth.

It's hard to accept for some Knick fans, but you're going no where this season... time or not. Doesn't matter.

Next year? Well, now that's a different story.

abe_froman
03-17-2011, 02:54 AM
thats pretty much what i expected when the trade(well trade rumors)started

NYK_kidd77
03-17-2011, 03:11 AM
Melo actually looks halfway decent on defense. This could just be from him playing alongside Amare, who is the worst defensive player I have ever seen.

This team needs more time and some more peaces to judge anyway. And to the person who keeps responding people with "I hope you mean next season" yes I mean next season.

ChiDougie19
03-17-2011, 10:38 AM
who cares

Rivera
03-17-2011, 10:54 AM
i hate plus minus in the nba its not meant for the nba

so this stat really does nothing for me...im into W/L and i think there .500 or one game over .500 since the trade

Svoluch
03-17-2011, 10:55 AM
lol, Knicks got the melo curse! Good luck getting past the first round. Victory lane tastes soo good frm here. Thanks for the new Nuggets :) This is what "Bi-Winning" feels like.

PhillyFaninLA
03-17-2011, 11:10 AM

Since your trying to start a religious debate by making this statement I'll make one and only one point on this.

God built the world in 7 days (not supposedly)

Normal people built Rome so it would take a bit longer then an all knowing and all powerful deity.

justinnum1
03-17-2011, 11:11 AM
lol, Knicks got the melo curse! Good luck getting past the first round. Victory lane tastes soo good frm here. Thanks for the new Nuggets :) This is what "Bi-Winning" feels like.

LMFAO great post

Jetsguy
03-17-2011, 11:21 AM
What I want to know is who in the **** has a worse D than the Knicks? 24th looks good if you have seen some of their recent games

blahblahyoutoo
03-17-2011, 11:33 AM
6-6 (two losses to the Cavs :laugh2:)

9-2

That certainly says something.

don't forget the 2 to a pacers.
meanwhile, denver has beaten quality and lesser teams.

blahblahyoutoo
03-17-2011, 11:36 AM
i hate plus minus in the nba its not meant for the nba

so this stat really does nothing for me...im into W/L and i think there .500 or one game over .500 since the trade

somewhat agree. especially when you try to apply it to 2 players when there's another 3 of them on the court with you.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-17-2011, 11:41 AM

:worthy:

oak2455
03-17-2011, 11:42 AM

wow they actually want to keep Billups, guess you missed that one:confused:

oak2455
03-17-2011, 11:46 AM
don't forget the 2 to a pacers.
meanwhile, denver has beaten quality and lesser teams.

yes and Denver has gotten most of our players:confused:why wouldnt they be better? The Knicks will get a couple of pieces and they will be much better:D BTW aren't you the guy who trolls in the Knick forum?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Like I said, Melo is overrated

oak2455
03-17-2011, 11:50 AM

didn't he take you to the Western Conference finals:confused: great post..

blahblahyoutoo
03-17-2011, 11:58 AM
yes and Denver has gotten most of our players:confused:why wouldnt they be better? The Knicks will get a couple of pieces and they will be much better:D BTW aren't you the guy who trolls in the Knick forum?

i challenge you to find a troll post from me in the knicks forum.

wait... before you do that, i'd like you to define "troll".
if it means posting an opinion that differs from yours, in a mature, non-confrontational fashion, then yes, i'm guilty of what you consider to be "trolling".

Nymfan87
03-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Most realistic Knicks fans realized the day we got Melo that we wouldn't be championship contenders this year anyways. The trade was to set us up for the future, not win us a championship this year.

Crackadalic
03-17-2011, 12:02 PM
were 6-6 since the trade.
Wins:Bucks, Heat, Hornets, Hawks, Utah, Memphis
Losses: Cavs, Magic, Cavs, Dallas, Indy, Indy

Our Wins came against +500 teams and a good bucks team. Our losses mostly were against bad teams and two very good teams. What that tells me is we come up against the good teams and act high and mighty against the bad teams. Our defense still needs some work(a lot of work) but lets see what happens at the end of the month. Also Billups miss 7 of those games so Td starting made our bench weaker so now we have to incorporated him in the offense and that itself takes time.

It also isnt fair to judge this team knowing they had a total of 4 practices in 3 and a half week span.

Denver has been playing well but to be fair lawson already knew Coach karl's system to begin with and having a borderline AS in felton backing him up helps a ton. Billups however has to learn a totally new system and regardless how similar both coach system is there still completely different. They actually added more rotation players then the knicks did so of coarse they played better then the knicks.

Im not making any of these points as an excuse because our defense and effort has been really bad but you have to take account all of the points mention

With that said most of us already knew it was gonna be a 1st round exist this year anyway so please stop the whole"the knicks are not getting out of the 1st round for the next couple years" rant. We dont even know what this team would looks like come next season.

tp13baby
03-17-2011, 12:05 PM
didn't he take you to the Western Conference finals:confused: great post..

With a good supporting cast. Billups played amazing that year and in my opinion was our mvp. Melo doesn't bring defense and his +/- shows it. You can say how you hate the system but Denvers defense has improved after he left.

tp13baby
03-17-2011, 12:14 PM
were 6-6 since the trade.
Wins:Bucks, Heat, Hornets, Hawks, Utah, Memphis
Losses: Cavs, Magic, Cavs, Dallas, Indy, Indy

Our Wins came against +500 teams and a good bucks team. Our losses mostly were against bad teams and two very good teams. What that tells me is we come up against the good teams and act high and mighty against the bad teams. Our defense still needs some work(a lot of work) but lets see what happens at the end of the month. Also Billups miss 7 of those games so Td starting made our bench weaker so now we have to incorporated him in the offense and that itself takes time.

It also isnt fair to judge this team knowing they had a total of 4 practices in 3 and a half week span.

Denver has been playing well but to be fair lawson already knew Coach karl's system to begin with and having a borderline AS in felton backing him up helps a ton. Billups however has to learn a totally new system and regardless how similar both coach system is there still completely different. They actually added more rotation players then the knicks did so of coarse they played better then the knicks.Im not making any of these points as an excuse because our defense and effort has been really bad but you have to take account all of the points mention

With that said most of us already knew it was gonna be a 1st round exist this year anyway so please stop the whole"the knicks are not getting out of the 1st round for the next couple years" rant. We dont even know what this team would looks like come next season.

Adding players is the only reason we are doing better? haha
Denver plays defense now, they are energized, and we pass the ball. Night in and night out Denver has usually 5 to 7 players in double digits. We are no longer dependent on one player. I have watched Knicks games and adding solid players wont matter as long as they continue to play piss poor on the defensive side.

nycericanguy
03-17-2011, 12:15 PM

Its easy to pick on a team when they are down. I admit its been frustrating to watch, but in reality they have played 12 games and Billups missed 6 of them. MIA has a better big 3 and they started 8-9 and they actually had a preseason and tons of practice. This Knick team has actually barely had any practices because they played a mind boggling 7 games in 10 nights. It just takes time.

They have shown flashes though, they are actually beating up on the good teams since the trade but losing to horrible teams... kind of odd. They are 0-4 against IND & CLE since the trade...lol.

Yet they beat @ MIA, blew out NO, @MEM when MEM was red hot, blew out @ ATL and had a 10 point lead in ORL in the 4th before Nelson went off. Also blew out UTAH but UTAH kind of sucks now so...lol

But realistically this season they aren't going anywhere, they need the offseason to replenish some role players. Looks like they will have the #17 or 18th pick which could be good for them considering how well they have drafted later in the drafts.

nycericanguy
03-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Good players? Sure.

Good defensive players? No, they're both pretty bad. That's what I meant.

Difference between Miami and Knicks- Well besides Lebron/Wade being light years better than Amare/Melo? They actually play defense. (Don't even have to mention Bosh in the equation).

You can reference time all you want. Melo and Amare don't play defense consistently, never have.

Also, D'antoni has never emphasized anything on the defensive side of the ball, so there's no hope or room for improvement there.

Knicks have no depth.

It's hard to accept for some Knick fans, but you're going no where this season... time or not. Doesn't matter.

Next year? Well, now that's a different story.

I think most Knick fans don't realistically expect much THIS season. It will be fun just to be back in the playoffs and maybe try to make some noise. But NY didn't make this trade for this season.

Kashmir13579
03-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Knicks play no defense. the coach and the 2 stars alike.

Kashmir13579
03-17-2011, 12:22 PM
LMAO. reading through some of these posts it is apparent that The Knicks get no love. listen, the Knicks are garbage right now, but half of you would give up your best player and the rights to your mom for either one of our all-stars. mad cause you push dimes and we sell weight. Knicks have roughly a 3 year window to fire D'antoni and get things figured out. i'll take what we got compared to what we had.

nycericanguy
03-17-2011, 12:22 PM
Denver plays defense now, they are energized, and we pass the ball. Night in and night out Denver has usually 5 to 7 players in double digits. We are no longer dependent on one player. I have watched Knicks games and adding solid players wont matter as long as they continue to play piss poor on the defensive side.

DEN has alot of good players now, and they are playing loose with nothing to lose and with a chip on their shoulders. Felton, Chandler & Gallo did not want to leave NY at all... they are channeling that anger the right way by playing all out.

DEN also has NENE & Kmart which is what really wins games. Nene has been very good defensively and is just the type of player NY needs. Put Nene on NY and they would be a real serious problem... NY will need to find a guy like that somewhere or hope that Howard comes in 2012.

Crackadalic
03-17-2011, 12:24 PM

Which is why your team is playing better then the knicks. Your playing more team ball. The knicks added a star but he is a know ball stopper so mike has to adjust and get him into the flow of the offense. Plus our overall supporting cast is just not as good as the nuggets so we are force to rely on Billups/Melo/Amare night in a night out. If our role players dont step up we usually lose.

teddygreen17
03-17-2011, 12:26 PM
First of all a +/- of two players is stupid, when you have 3 other players on the floor with them. Second, Knicks need a defensive center and a better coach, then you can worry about how bad/good Knicks really are.

Are they going to win a championship. No. Is Mike D every going to win a championship (in the NBA). No. Does defense win playoff games. Yes. Too many forums about the Knicks when at the end of the season, it's all irrelevant.

tp13baby
03-17-2011, 12:26 PM
DEN has alot of good players now, and they are playing loose with nothing to lose and with a chip on their shoulders. Felton, Chandler & Gallo did not want to leave NY at all... they are channeling that anger the right way by playing all out.

DEN also has NENE & Kmart which is what really wins games. Nene has been very good defensively and is just the type of player NY needs. Put Nene on NY and they would be a real serious problem... NY will need to find a guy like that somewhere or hope that Howard comes in 2012.

Kmart will never play with Melo again. I think all Denver fans can agree that he hates playing with melo more than any nugget. Nene will be interesting. I think Nene will ultimately stay in Denver.

nycericanguy
03-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Kmart will never play with Melo again. I think all Denver fans can agree that he hates playing with melo more than any nugget. Nene will be interesting. I think Nene will ultimately stay in Denver.

O i'm not suggesting NY goes after Kmart... he's close to done. ANd I do think Nene stays in DEN but if he is available in 2012 NY could make a play for him if they can't land a 3rd max.

But they need a player like Nene at least. NY literally has no center right now, thats a huge reason we are losing games we should win. Turiaf is always hurt and even when he does play he can't play more than 20mpg.

Storch
03-17-2011, 12:31 PM
get sloan, his pick n roll offense is perfect for nyk

Sixerlover
03-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Coach can't coach defense, 2 best players don't play defense. 1+1+1 = 3 of course they are a terrible defense team.

smith&wesson
03-17-2011, 12:54 PM
new york needs to get rid of dantoni and go after sloan. this team needs a real coach.

Nugget Tony
03-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Welcome to the mirage that is Carmelo Anthony.....So glad he is gone from the Nuggets.... We are a much better team now.....

Crackadalic
03-17-2011, 01:00 PM
get sloan, his pick n roll offense is perfect for nyk

I wish. not gonna happen though

NYKSpiritBomb
03-17-2011, 01:24 PM
ill coach them!

JordansBulls
03-17-2011, 02:06 PM

Need a better coach. Would like to see Jerry Sloan go there or even Adelman next year.

Double_R
03-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Well if Melo wasn't so worried about getting the most dollars possible, he could have signed there in the off season and they wouldn't have had to give away their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best players. Then the Knicks could be winning like the Nuggets are now.

Somebody already said this, but "YOU CAN"T COACH DEFENSE"

Ragan
03-17-2011, 02:31 PM
...but they play such great defense!

DMasta718
03-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Sloan is not coming. Give it up.

PrettyBoyJ
03-17-2011, 03:27 PM
Fire Mike D. He is Horrible. I hate Him.

:clap:

Nymfan87
03-17-2011, 03:58 PM
I'd be interested to see what the Knicks +/- is when they have only 1 of them on the court.

HeaTxRipZz
03-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Melo & Amare have actually showed flashes of good defense but consistency on that end is not only on the players but the coach as well. Mike D'antoni doesn't hold players accountable for not play defense. I've watched games where these guys play close to great defense for most of the game then the next there is no effort at all.

Either Mike needs to get him a Defensive assistant like Celts had all these years with Tom Thibedeau or he has to change his ways and study tape and preach defense. There's no reason to coach offense nonstop when you have 2 top offensive players on your team it makes no sense at all to me

AddiX
03-17-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm not happy with the Knicks right now, as no knick fan is.

But not a whole lot of teams wouldn't have struggles with 4 new starters mid season.

blahblahyoutoo
03-17-2011, 05:03 PM
I'm not happy with the Knicks right now, as no knick fan is.

But not a whole lot of teams wouldn't have struggles with 4 new starters mid season.

not against the cavs WIHTOUT jamison and varejao, twice.
not against the pacers with granger.

HeaTxRipZz
03-17-2011, 05:10 PM

It's all defense lol I wish fans would see that. I honestly don't think it's chemistry on the offensive end. Melo and Amare haven't had a bad game yet but when your coach feels like you guys can just shoot it out with every team each night you will lose to ppl you shouldn't lose to.

Not placing all the blame on the coach but everything starts with the coach's philosophy and goes from there

knicks_champ
03-17-2011, 05:14 PM
6-6 is not bad. You guys are overreacting because we lost to bad teams, but focus on who we beat and you'll see we can compete.

I'm not worried for the team. At least they are beating good teams that we will face in the playoffs. ( Not a bait to Heats fan )

The Dream
03-17-2011, 05:30 PM
i hate jeffries so much oh my god

AddiX
03-17-2011, 05:33 PM

Still beat you guys after 2 games together.

LOOTERX9
03-17-2011, 06:07 PM
Too bad no one cares about Denver and their Glorified role players. They can win 10 straight games and no one will pay them any mind. They are like the NJ NETS compared to NY KNICKS. A 6-6 knicks team is more interesting than a 9-2 denver team. Thats why tnt bumped a denver game for a knick game. HAHAHA!

sox_fan_35_2000
03-17-2011, 06:35 PM
I hope the knicks get really good next year, that way the bulls can crush them over and over like the 90's. Melo isn't half the player, or half the man that Rose is.

AddiX
03-17-2011, 06:36 PM
I hope the knicks get really good next year, that way the bulls can crush them over and over like the 90's. Melo isn't half the player, or half the man that Rose is.

That's pretty gay.

sox_fan_35_2000
03-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Let me clarify I did not mean that to bait any knicks fan. I meant it as scientific fact. I'm Richard Darwin in this MFER~!

blahblahyoutoo
03-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Too bad no one cares about Denver and their Glorified role players. They can win 10 straight games and no one will pay them any mind. They are like the NJ NETS compared to NY KNICKS. A 6-6 knicks team is more interesting than a 9-2 denver team. Thats why tnt bumped a denver game for a knick game. HAHAHA!

so what you're saying is it's ok to be mediocre, as long as you can maintain viewership.
gotcha.

Mplsman
03-17-2011, 07:28 PM
No 7 footers/ centers = No defense. That's their biggest problem. Until they figure that out, they are going to get slaughtered come playoff time.

John Walls Era
03-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Possibly in the negative after tonight.

KingPosey
03-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Now they are a combined +40 after today's game. Thread done?

KingPosey
03-17-2011, 10:23 PM

Rose is all man huh? And by saying he is twice what Melo is as a "man", im guessing you know that from experience. Physical experience.

Evolution23
03-17-2011, 10:27 PM
well atleast they play better d than Rose.

Evolution23
03-17-2011, 10:29 PM

can't wait to play the baby bulls again. they bark more than they bite.

Evolution23
03-17-2011, 10:32 PM

not giving up 15 point leads.. not being able to close games with 15 point leads. constantly talking **** and not being able to back it up.

tp13baby
03-17-2011, 11:01 PM
The knicks lack toughness. In my opinion coming from a nuggets fan the scariest teams for me is Boston and Chicago

dodie53
03-18-2011, 07:00 AM
plus 1

metsfanssince05
03-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Its time for D'antoni to go.. I would love to have Ewing as our head coach, or any one who thinks defense first.

blahblahyoutoo
03-18-2011, 12:02 PM
not giving up 15 point leads.. not being able to close games with 15 point leads. constantly talking **** and not being able to back it up.

gotta love PSD'ers who can't keep it on topic and attack the other team, even though the thread has absolutely nothing to do with the Heat.

sox_fan_35_2000
03-18-2011, 01:08 PM
I just think the Knicks will be a huge problem...NEXT YEAR. This year, the bulls biggest problem is...I dunno dehydration maybe. Cause there ain't no team in the world. On the planet, than can stop them. They're the blackhawks of the NBA this year.

Sandman
03-18-2011, 01:11 PM
the Heat and the Knicks have the same problems. They gutted their roster to build the ground floor. Amare and Carmelo don't play 48 minutes. Like the topic says: +1 isn't special but its positive. It means they have problems when they're not on the floor.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-18-2011, 01:13 PM
the Heat and the Knicks have the same problems. They gutted their roster to build the ground floor. Amare and Carmelo don't play 48 minutes. Like the topic says: +1 isn't special but its positive. It means they have problems when they're not on the floor.

no

effen5
03-18-2011, 01:15 PM

Deron Williams went 1 for 12 and Rose had a crucial block on Deron last night....

Try again.

John Walls Era
03-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Whats the +\- after yesterdays game?

d00d
03-18-2011, 01:19 PM

yet supposedly the world was created from a big bang. 7 days or 1 bang? at least 7 days seems more plausible

Sandman
03-18-2011, 01:20 PM
no

orly?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-18-2011, 01:24 PM
orly?

it says they are +1 when both on the court

thats bad:speechless:

effen5
03-18-2011, 01:26 PM

Yeah but we're not talking about Rome, we're talking about the Knicks. Not even an act of god could help the Knicks on defense.

Sandman
03-18-2011, 01:47 PM
it says they are +1 when both on the court

thats bad:speechless:

I know its bad, but it could be negative.

Its not only depth at 3 and 4 its depth everywhere.

Jared Jeffries is a starter for crying out loud.

Amare and Anthony aren't known for their defensive prowess (understatement) but they're both elite scorers and the Knicks are looking to surround them with players via cap space, the draft and the MLE over the next few years.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-18-2011, 01:56 PM
I know its bad, but it could be negative.

Its not only depth at 3 and 4 its depth everywhere.

Jared Jeffries is a starter for crying out loud.

Amare and Anthony aren't known for their defensive prowess (understatement) but they're both elite scorers and the Knicks are looking to surround them with players via cap space, the draft and the MLE over the next few years.

Well who knows what will happen with the new CBA, MLE will be gone I think.

Sandman
03-18-2011, 01:58 PM
Well who knows what will happen with the new CBA, MLE will be gone I think.

that could be true too, i guess we'll wait and see.

knicks_champ
03-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Yeah but we're not talking about Rome, we're talking about the Knicks. Not even an act of god could help the Knicks on defense.

The Knicks are God's team. :eyebrow:

toovey107
03-18-2011, 04:28 PM

Well, this is pretty ignorant, and not really relevant to this thread at all.

And, well, this is just a pretty pathetic attempt at trying to be funny.

Trueblue2
03-18-2011, 04:59 PM
yet supposedly the world was created from a big bang. 7 days or 1 bang? at least 7 days seems more plausible
1. The big bang theory was proposed by the catholic church

2. Science doesn't claim to know how the universe started, it simply uses what we know to have the best possible explanation through inductive and deductive reasoning. The evidence we currently have points to the universe starting at one singular point, so the big bang is the most plausible explanation. Science can't tell you what happened before the big bang, and that's a good thing, if you say you have all the answers you're bullshitting.

effen5
03-18-2011, 05:42 PM
The Knicks are God's team. :eyebrow:

God sucks at defense

king_couttsy
03-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Since your trying to start a religious debate by making this statement I'll make one and only one point on this.

God built the world in 7 days (not supposedly)

Normal people built Rome so it would take a bit longer then an all knowing and all powerful deity.

Well, it's supposedly if you actually believe what's written in the bible...

Actually, he built the planet in 6 days, and on the 7th day, he rested.

No preaching unless you get your **** right.