PDA

View Full Version : Who gets the #1 seed out East -- Bulls vs Celtics vs Heat

JordansBulls
03-16-2011, 01:15 PM
With less than a month remaining in the season, Who gets the #1 seed out East -- Bulls vs Celtics vs Heat

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings

Right now the standings are:

1 y - Chicago 48 18 .727
2 x - Boston 47 18 .723
3 x - Miami 46 21 .687 2

Bulls have another head to head with Boston on Apr 7th in Chicago.
Boston has another head to head with Miami on Apr 10th in Miami.

Both Chicago and Boston have the tiebreaker over Miami as well. Boston currently owns the tiebreaker over Chicago but the Apr 7th game can play an important factor in this as well.

How do you see the 3 teams ending up at the end of the season as far as seeding is concerned?

Jonathan2323
03-16-2011, 01:19 PM
The Bulls, but it doesn't mean they're the best team. Just like out west the Spurs aren't the best team.

JordansBulls
03-16-2011, 01:22 PM
The Bulls, but it doesn't mean they're the best team. Just like out west the Spurs aren't the best team.

I'm sure of that, but some teams need HCA to succeed while others just need to be healthy for the playoffs. We are one that needs both since we are young and don't have a top 5 player in the league.

ManRam
I think it will be the Bulls too.

justinnum1
I think miami can take it in the end, of course we will need some help from the bulls, but it will be close

Hustlenomics
03-16-2011, 01:24 PM
most likely Boston

king4day
I'll pick the Bulls. They're hot right now and Boston and Miami are hitting speedbumps.

bovice163
The Bulls and heat both have easier schedules than the Celtics, and Boston has crumbled against some -.500 teams their last 4 games. If they don't regain their composure, then I think the Bulls stay at #1 and heat move up to #2.

justinnum1
03-16-2011, 01:26 PM
the heat/celtics game and bulls/celtics game will be huge

redsox0717
03-16-2011, 01:29 PM
The Celtics seem to be in coast mode right now.

DA BULLS.

marlinsfan24
03-16-2011, 01:31 PM
1.Bulls
2.Heat
3.Celtics

Albrecht Duerer
03-16-2011, 01:32 PM
I think miami can take it in the end, of course we will need some help from the bulls, but it will be close

If the Bulls went 13-3, the Heat could win out and still not finish first in the east (the Bulls have the tie breaker over them).

One thing that should be pointed out, howeve, is while Boston has a tougher schedule remaining, Chicago has more back to back games.

uchiha
03-16-2011, 01:32 PM
probably the Bulls.. I don't know how many division games they have left but they are basically auto wins with the lack of any other talented teams in the Central

Rose-For-Prez
03-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Bulls

Albrecht Duerer
03-16-2011, 01:36 PM
I'll pick the Bulls. They're hot right now and Boston and Miami are hitting speedbumps.

Right now? Actually, after the Bulls played 17 games they were 9-8 (53%). Since that time, they're 39-10 (80%). The Bulls have been playing .800 basketball going back to early december.

Albrecht Duerer
03-16-2011, 01:36 PM
probably the Bulls.. I don't know how many division games they have left but they are basically auto wins with the lack of any other talented teams in the Central

They have 4 division games left.

ManRam
03-16-2011, 01:40 PM
I just don't think Boston really cares...nor do I think they are healthy enough. They don't need HCA; they've shown that. It's their typical coast mode for them. I think Chicago's defense is too consistent for them to not keep winning, especially against these bad teams. I think they'll keep their lead over Miami.

EaglePride615
03-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Da bulls

IVE GOT WOOD
03-16-2011, 01:47 PM
If the Bulls went 13-3, the Heat could win out and still not finish first in the east (the Bulls have the tie breaker over them).

One thing that should be pointed out, howeve, is while Boston has a tougher schedule remaining, Chicago has more back to back games.

The Bulls have one of the best records in the second game of back to backs due to how young and deep they are so I'm not to worried about it that's why I'm picking Da Bulls.

F*(&"Next Year"
03-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Bulls
Celtics
Heat

Chicagofaithful
03-16-2011, 01:50 PM

Very true but a good thing to remember is the bulls have the most b2b games of any team this season and they still are in 1st... It's gotta be exhausting

RCarlson85
03-16-2011, 01:51 PM
I think it will either be the Heat or Bulls. The Celtics seem more concerned with getting there healthy rather than being the top seed. I could see the Celtics resting KG, Allen, and Pierce some down the stretch. Both the Bulls and the Heat have fairly easy schedules the rest of the way, so it should be interesting.

akagiredsuns
03-16-2011, 01:51 PM
The Bulls have a favorable schedule and the Celts are really coasting, but they also have both O'Neals out as well as Big Baby. And trading Perkins was just a bonehead move. :facepalm: They've lost some size. I think the Heat could close on the 2 spot, but if the Bulls get HCA, getting that road win in Chicago will be tough for opponents, even BOS & MIA. After all they are 30-4 at home. :)

uchiha
03-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Very true but a good thing to remember is the bulls have the most b2b games of any team this season and they still are in 1st... It's gotta be exhausting

also gotta remember that the second place team in the Central is 9 games under .500... clearly the easiest division in the league

championships
03-16-2011, 01:56 PM
I'll say Bulls. Having the tie breaker could be big.

Ray
03-16-2011, 01:57 PM
whoever gets the #1 seed will probably advance to the finals. The conference semi match-up between the #2 and #3 will be brutal and whoever comes out of that may be worn out. So hopefully the Bulls get it.

Albrecht Duerer
03-16-2011, 01:59 PM
also gotta remember that the second place team in the Central is 9 games under .500... clearly the easiest division in the league

People say that but when you look at some of the wins by these under .500 teams in the Central, its apparent that they are capable of putting it together from time to time. Just off the top of my head, the Cavs have beaten the Celtics and Lakers once, and the Knicks twice. The Pacers have now beaten the Knicks twice in short order, with one of the times being without Granger.

When you consider that in the entire history of the NBA, no team has every swept their division. So, history is against the Bulls on that one.

RZZZA
03-16-2011, 02:00 PM

auto wins? no such thing. Bulls this season have tended to drop games to bad teams. We have the best record in the league against .500 teams and elite teams, but we still tend to drop games to sub .500 teams when we just don't feel like showing up

Albrecht Duerer
03-16-2011, 02:00 PM
whoever gets the #1 seed will probably advance to the finals. The conference semi match-up between the #2 and #3 will be brutal and whoever comes out of that may be worn out. So hopefully the Bulls get it.

Or they could come out of that series razor sharp and more on their game than who they play in the ECF.

Albrecht Duerer
03-16-2011, 02:01 PM
auto wins? no such thing. Bulls this season have tended to drop games to bad teams. We have the best record in the league against .500 teams and elite teams, but we still tend to drop games to sub .500 teams when we just don't feel like showing up

The NBA season is a grind.

RZZZA
03-16-2011, 02:02 PM
whats really telling is how Boozer and Noah have been out and the team hasn't skipped a beat anyway. This team is so used to dealing with injuries that it doesnt even matter much anymore if our #2 or #3 option are out, someone else will just step up.

Albrecht Duerer
03-16-2011, 02:03 PM

That would make sense. Like I said, Chicago has been playing .800 ball since their 17th game, which was in early December. If you play .800 ball for that long, it stands to reason that you have a lot of wins of all variety.

Tarheels23
03-16-2011, 02:06 PM
It is impossible for the Bulls to lose a poll on this website...

But I picked them as well. They have the easiest remaining schedule of the three and the Celtics will be resting their starters down the stretch.

I just dont think Miami is good enough to finish stronger than both the Celtics and Bulls.

Tarheels23
03-16-2011, 02:07 PM
whats really telling is how Boozer and Noah have been out and the team hasn't skipped a beat anyway. This team is so used to dealing with injuries that it doesnt even matter much anymore if our #2 or #3 option are out, someone else will just step up.

Not to be a dick.... but every good team in the NBA has been dealing with injuries all year

JordansBulls
03-16-2011, 02:07 PM
I think the Celtics do care, but only care enough about having a better record than the Lakers. They don't care about having a better record with anyone else though.

RZZZA
03-16-2011, 02:08 PM
Not to be a dick.... but every good team in the NBA has been dealing with injuries all year

have they been dealing with them as well as we have? Number 1 seed despite injuries to key players all year, baby.

shizzle09
03-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Bulls, the remaining schedule isnt all that and they're already in the #1 spot.

Tarheels23
have they been dealing with them as well as we have? Number 1 seed despite injuries to key players all year, baby.

ok well... Celtics- injuries to Garnett, Shaq, Rondo, Perkins, and West

Spurs... Duncan, Parker and Manu all missed games

Mavs... had injuries with Dirk, Marion and Butler

Atl had to deal with Joe Johnson and Josh Smith injuries (no dont get excited im not saying ATL is as good as Chicago)

Injuries are part of the NBA, not one team goes through a season completely healthy

allSUAVE
I say Bulls they are the hottest team right now!

Bears99
03-16-2011, 02:24 PM
most likely Boston

you been under a rock for the past week?

Celtics- injuries to Garnett, Shaq, Rondo, Perkins, and West

Atl had to deal with Joe Johnson and Josh Smith injuries (no dont get excited im not saying ATL is as good as Chicago)

Injuries are part of the NBA, not one team goes through a season completely healthy

Spurs have been really fortunate with injuries this year, sure duncan, parker, and manu all missed games but never together, there were always 2 stars on the floor and they were never injured for long.

Boozer and Noah have missed a combined 52 games. Sure injuries are part of the NBA but the Bulls have been way more unfortunate than a lot of other teams in the league, especially the top teams.

bullsnbills24
03-16-2011, 02:27 PM
I'm sure of that, but some teams need HCA to succeed while others just need to be healthy for the playoffs. We are one that needs both since we are young and don't have a top 5 player in the league.

Um to say D Rose is not a top 5 player is rediculous. Don't let that Heatle convince you otherwise. The top 5 should read like this

1. Bryant
2. James
3.Howard
4. Wade
5.Rose

CLose 6th would be Durant but I really don't think Durant makes the people around him that much better unlike the other 5 here. Durant is much more of just a pure scorer.

Hustlenomics
03-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Um to say D Rose is not a top 5 player is rediculous. Don't let that Heatle convince you otherwise. The top 5 should read like this

1. Bryant
2. James
3.Howard
4. Wade
5.Rose

CLose 6th would be Durant but I really don't think Durant makes the people around him that much better unlike the other 5 here. Durant is much more of just a pure scorer.
it's posts like these..

DaBear
03-16-2011, 02:29 PM

What about the length of the injuries? Noah missed 8 weeks of basketball. Boozer missed a little more than a month.

rapjuicer06
03-16-2011, 02:30 PM

1. Bryant
2. James
3.Howard
4. Wade
5.Rose

rose is not a top 5 player. i'd take durant over rose. hell i might even take westbrook over rose. rose is a pure scorer as well. his defense is alright but durants defense is also alright.

chi-townlove1
03-16-2011, 02:31 PM

come on man... anyone been dealing as SERIOUS as the bulls. Booz = 20+ Noah 30+...so dont gimme that the rondo or parker things were anything serious.

rapjuicer06
03-16-2011, 02:31 PM
but i hope chicago takes the number 1 seed because out of the other two the magic match up against them the best :D

bullsnbills24
03-16-2011, 02:35 PM
rose is not a top 5 player. i'd take durant over rose. hell i might even take westbrook over rose. rose is a pure scorer as well. his defense is alright but durants defense is also alright.

Um no Rose does more than just score he is a very very good passer and a pretty good defender. He also causes the defense to converge alot better than Durant who just jacks up threes and jumpers. Not to mention if you would take Durant and Westbrook over him how come the Bulls are better than the Thunder????? Our record is better and I think we won the series against the Thunder. Both supporting casts are solid. So if the two of them are both better than Rose then that would make the Thunder a way better team than the Bulls so your logic makes no sense

chi-townlove1
03-16-2011, 02:35 PM

wrong. Rose is not just a pure scorer. one of few players in top 10 scoring and top 10assists, may be only one in NBA but im not gonna go check stats right now... while i dont agree that wade is top 5 and durant should be there instead, this isnt a best player thread so well drop it.. its post like these actually...

Minimal
03-16-2011, 02:38 PM

1. Bryant
2. James
3.Howard
4. Wade
5.Rose

From where people like that come up?

On-Topic.
Heat have rather easy schedule to finish the season, however so does Bulls too, so I'm going with the Bulls.

JordansBulls
03-16-2011, 02:41 PM

Who gives a crap about this here? This is about who will finish with the #1 seed, not who the top 5-10 players in the league are.

bullsnbills24
03-16-2011, 02:42 PM
wrong. Rose is not just a pure scorer. one of few players in top 10 scoring and top 10assists, may be only one in NBA but im not gonna go check stats right now... while i dont agree that wade is top 5 and durant should be there instead, this isnt a best player thread so well drop it.. its post like these actually...

Yeah but the problem here I think is that CHicago gets NO LOVE from anyone except the real fans. It's sad because nearly everyone will pick them as the #1 seed because they can feel we are on a roll but no one will give us any credit and no one wants to admit this team is really good. It's always about our schedule or our division or D Rose is overrated. There was a previous post talking about how all the good teams had injuries and someone else had to step in and check those people because none of them have had the extensive injuries for the amount of time the Bulls had.

JordansBulls
03-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Or they could come out of that series razor sharp and more on their game than who they play in the ECF.

Depends because Orlando would be tough as hell to beat in a round 2 as well.

bullsnbills24
03-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Depends because Orlando would be tough as hell to beat in a round 2 as well.

I think we match up much better with Orlando since the trade. Believe it or not they got a little older and they got no one in return that can penetrate to the hoop like Carter could. In the past we had trouble with them because none of our 2 guards could guard Carter and now we don't have to worry about that. We will beat them in 5 mark my words

rapjuicer06
03-16-2011, 02:58 PM
I think we match up much better with Orlando since the trade. Believe it or not they got a little older and they got no one in return that can penetrate to the hoop like Carter could. In the past we had trouble with them because none of our 2 guards could guard Carter and now we don't have to worry about that. We will beat them in 5 mark my words

hahaha they got older? arenas younger than lewis. richardson younger than carter. hedo is older than gortat but clark is way younger than pietrus. they actually got younger. nice try though. after reading your whole post instead of stopping and laughing, i came to realize you really don't know what your talkinga bout..beat orlando in 5...:facepalm:

chitown815
03-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Bulls
Heat
Celtics
I just want the Heat and Celtics to beat eachother up in the playoffs, before the Bulls get the Heat

rapjuicer06
03-16-2011, 03:07 PM
I like how people take offense at the idea that Rose is not a top 5 player but "merely" a top 10 player.

oh, the horror! say it isn't so.

i agree with that. rose and westbrook are my favorite players in the league to watch outside of dwight. so i'm not trying to bash rose or anything. i just don't think he's complete enough of a player to be considered top 5 YET

Cool007
03-16-2011, 03:11 PM
but i hope chicago takes the number 1 seed because out of the other two the magic match up against them the best :D

Magic matched better with Bulls when Magic had Vince Carter and Rashard Lewis. Those 2 really kill us every time. Lewis is a matchup nightmare for us and same with Lewis.

After that trade, Bulls actually match up fairly well vs Magic now. Yes, they will still be tough but I rather have Bulls face them than Celtics or Heat - heck or even Knicks.

bullsnbills24
03-16-2011, 03:23 PM
westbrook + durant

rose + boozer + deng + noah

yea pretty much fair

thunder doesn't have a big man that can score or defend (for a majority of the season) boozer can score, deng can score, noah can defend. the bulls are much much better put together, they are a very complete team. the thunder are winning all their games cuz of two players, the bulls are winning games because of a very complete team and a damn good coach

Serge Ibaka and Nazr Muhammed are both very good defenders and as a combo are just as good as Noah and Asik. As far as the other players Durant Harden and Westbrook combine to score 61.8 ppg and Rose Boozer and Deng combine to score 60.6. The advantages of the Bulls post precsence can be offset by the fact that the Bulls have 1 player that can create his own shot while OKC has 3 guys to do so. So it is pretty equal there. The difference is that all the focus when playing Chicago is on Rose while the attention has to be split between Westbrook and Durant in OKC. I think it is pretty obvious which is more impressive.

FuriousJatt
03-16-2011, 03:25 PM
most likely the bulls first, heat really close 2nd, and boston third

DamnGoat
03-16-2011, 03:30 PM
I think it'll be the Bulls mostly b/c our schedule is pretty weak down the stretch. Both Boston and Miami have a harder road.

bullsnbills24
03-16-2011, 03:33 PM
hahaha they got older? arenas younger than lewis. richardson younger than carter. hedo is older than gortat but clark is way younger than pietrus. they actually got younger. nice try though. after reading your whole post instead of stopping and laughing, i came to realize you really don't know what your talkinga bout..beat orlando in 5...:facepalm:

Lets look at the main pieces here they got rid of Carter and gained Hedo, Arenas and richardson. Lewis is gone so it doesn't count. They got no younger players out of this deal that will be there next year except Clark who may or may not pan out to be decent. My point is that they didnt get any better and that we match up better with them now. You need to stop nit picking man. It is rediculous

THE_G.O.A.T.
03-16-2011, 03:36 PM
bulls

Jonathan2323
03-16-2011, 03:37 PM
The Bulls deserve alot of credit. Thibs will win the coach of the year and Rose probably MVP. The problem I see with them is that when the defense gets tighter in the playoff they will have a hard time scoring in the playoffs. If the Bulls get the 1st seed they will probably get past Orlando in 6-7 and then lose in the ECF. I thought they would be around a 48 win team. Reaching the ECF is a big accomplishment for them if that were to happen.

rapjuicer06
03-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Lets look at the main pieces here they got rid of Carter and gained Hedo, Arenas and richardson. Lewis is gone so it doesn't count. They got no younger players out of this deal that will be there next year except Clark who may or may not pan out to be decent. My point is that they didnt get any better and that we match up better with them now. You need to stop nit picking man. It is rediculous

arenas and richardson are both right at 30. first off, lewis was complete **** this year. anderson is doing a lot more than what lewis was. 10 ppg is more than what lewis was giving out in about 14 min. less. 32 min. for lewis 12 points 4 rebounds. 21 min for anderson 10 points 5 rebounds. he is JUST like lewis except a better rebounder. so that advantage you think somehow left, is actually still there. and carter was pretty bad for orlando this year, just settled for the three way too much. and he wasn't that great of a 3 point shooter, bring in richardson who is a better 3 point shooter...that advantage is still there. you don't have a SG who can guard him either. and they are still a 3 point shooting team and will win or lose with that. but they have a big advantage and that is dwight. noah can't guard him very well, and dwights defensive pressence limits droses game. while you guys are sagging to double dwight, that three is going to be wide open leaving the game not in the bulls' hands at all. if orlando is on with the 3 ball, bulls lose nothing they can do about it. if they aren't on their game with the 3 ball then its a lot more even between the two cuz they still have dwight who can take over games now

bullsnbills24
03-16-2011, 03:48 PM
The Bulls deserve alot of credit. Thibs will win the coach of the year and Rose probably MVP. The problem I see with them is that when the defense gets tighter in the playoff they will have a hard time scoring in the playoffs. If the Bulls get the 1st seed they will probably get past Orlando in 6-7 and then lose in the ECF. I thought they would be around a 48 win team. Reaching the ECF is a big accomplishment for them if that were to happen.

I actually agree with this. I think it is going to be difficult come playoff time for them to score and I really think that getting the one seed is neccessary if we are to get to the finals because playing the Heat in round 2 would probably be tough and if the Celts can knock yall off then we have a chance to beat an aging celtics in round 3. Their age may allow us to show through and beat them in a late playoff series.

rapjuicer06
03-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Serge Ibaka and Nazr Muhammed are both very good defenders and as a combo are just as good as Noah and Asik. As far as the other players Durant Harden and Westbrook combine to score 61.8 ppg and Rose Boozer and Deng combine to score 60.6. The advantages of the Bulls post precsence can be offset by the fact that the Bulls have 1 player that can create his own shot while OKC has 3 guys to do so. So it is pretty equal there. The difference is that all the focus when playing Chicago is on Rose while the attention has to be split between Westbrook and Durant in OKC. I think it is pretty obvious which is more impressive.

don't compare ibaka and muhammed to noah hahaha. your going to talk down your own players to make one player look better? come on...i'd like to see these two teams play once perkins gets his legs under him. i think it'd be a lot different and the thunder match up better against the bulls having a big defender in the middle altering rose's game, which in return takes away the drive and dish from rose which makes the bulls a lot easier to guard

rapjuicer06
03-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Magic matched better with Bulls when Magic had Vince Carter and Rashard Lewis. Those 2 really kill us every time. Lewis is a matchup nightmare for us and same with Lewis.

After that trade, Bulls actually match up fairly well vs Magic now. Yes, they will still be tough but I rather have Bulls face them than Celtics or Heat - heck or even Knicks.

anderson = lewis just so you know. getting the same everything in 11 less min. a game. fyi

carter fell in love with his jump shot and didn't attack that much. so i really don't know what your talking about there. richardson shoots better than carter did and can take any bulls player to the hoop as well, just doesn't do it a lot...ala carter. bulls have a big advantage with rose, orlando has a big advantage with howard. howard can help stop rose, rose can't do much to help stop howard. advantage, orlando. and boozer can't guard anderson either out on the wing, so again, that advantage is still there

bullsnbills24
03-16-2011, 03:55 PM
arenas and richardson are both right at 30. first off, lewis was complete **** this year. anderson is doing a lot more than what lewis was. 10 ppg is more than what lewis was giving out in about 14 min. less. 32 min. for lewis 12 points 4 rebounds. 21 min for anderson 10 points 5 rebounds. he is JUST like lewis except a better rebounder. so that advantage you think somehow left, is actually still there. and carter was pretty bad for orlando this year, just settled for the three way too much. and he wasn't that great of a 3 point shooter, bring in richardson who is a better 3 point shooter...that advantage is still there. you don't have a SG who can guard him either. and they are still a 3 point shooting team and will win or lose with that. but they have a big advantage and that is dwight. noah can't guard him very well, and dwights defensive pressence limits droses game. while you guys are sagging to double dwight, that three is going to be wide open leaving the game not in the bulls' hands at all. if orlando is on with the 3 ball, bulls lose nothing they can do about it. if they aren't on their game with the 3 ball then its a lot more even between the two cuz they still have dwight who can take over games now

The point is Richardson actually can be guarded because he never tries to take the ball to the hoop. He "can" take it but doesn't therefore making it a better matchup for us. We will play hack a Howard with your boy so that should take care of him for the most part. We have tons of centers with fouls to give. The only reason you guys were as close with us as you were last game is because every elbow (except for the technical) and shoulder drop he delivered on us the foul call went your way. Otherwise Howard would have fouled out in quarter 3. He is an offensive foul nightmare if the calls are not swung in your direction. The guy delivers atleast one offensive foul every 3 possesions and no one calls it for whatever reason. Bulls in 5 like I said before.

bullsnbills24
03-16-2011, 04:00 PM
don't compare ibaka and muhammed to noah hahaha. your going to talk down your own players to make one player look better? come on...i'd like to see these two teams play once perkins gets his legs under him. i think it'd be a lot different and the thunder match up better against the bulls having a big defender in the middle altering rose's game, which in return takes away the drive and dish from rose which makes the bulls a lot easier to guard

They do get better with Perkins, but offensively Ibaka and Nazr are both better than Noah and Asik. Defensively it's not much different IMHO. It really is a push there. Perkins isn't big enough nor a good enough shot blocker to alter Rose though. There is only a couple people who can alter Rose in the middle in the league. The player has to be long and tall and athletic in order to do so. Very similar to Howard or Mcgee from last night. Players like Perkins and or any of the Heat or Celtic centers are no concern

godolphins
03-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Bulls have the easiest schedule so they might end up with the #1 seed

rapjuicer06
03-16-2011, 04:05 PM
The point is Richardson actually can be guarded because he never tries to take the ball to the hoop. He "can" take it but doesn't therefore making it a better matchup for us. We will play hack a Howard with your boy so that should take care of him for the most part. We have tons of centers with fouls to give. The only reason you guys were as close with us as you were last game is because every elbow (except for the technical) and shoulder drop he delivered on us the foul call went your way. Otherwise Howard would have fouled out in quarter 3. He is an offensive foul nightmare if the calls are not swung in your direction. The guy delivers atleast one offensive foul every 3 possesions and no one calls it for whatever reason. Bulls in 5 like I said before.

he is also fouled more than once every possession and it isn't called. so i think it evens out

bullsnbills24
03-16-2011, 04:07 PM
he is also fouled more than once every possession and it isn't called. so i think it evens out

Raming your shoulders and elbows into the chest and face of other players is not a foul on us. It is an offensive foul. You did know that right? Are we watching the same game?

Patriot Pride
03-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Bulls and Miami need the seeds a lot more than Boston does. Boston just needs to be healthy come playoff time.

Jewelz0376
03-16-2011, 04:09 PM
I picked the Bulls...Mia i think is too far behind to make up 4 losses to catch the Bulls (3 plus tie breaker)...and I think Bos will end up doing something similar to what they did last year...resting some players and taking a few L's down the stretch, because they are so banged up and the big 3 have been playing way too many mins lately....

rapjuicer06
03-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Raming your shoulders and elbows into the chest and face of other players is not a foul on us. It is an offensive foul. You did know that right? Are we watching the same game?

compared to what shaq did in his prime? its a love tap

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-16-2011, 04:49 PM
The Bulls have in incredibly easy schedule and they're ahead right now. Id be surprised if they dont get the #1 seed.

Canes0097
03-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Bulls
Heat
Celtics

stlbest5in2013
03-16-2011, 05:13 PM

are you serious? i mean, are you serious? the bulls have shown teams how to beat dwight and the magic, they let him get 40, stayed on the shooters, and you still lost.

in orlando they played him more, gave you jump shots, and you missed. your team is not a good jump shooting team, other then richardson, who hits 3's. ill take me chicanes with the magic, and laugh all the way to the bank every day.

heck the bulls can let dwight get 40, have it be a close game, stay out of foul trouble. then have more then enough big men to play hack a dwight and watch what ever lead you might have had dwindle into a 10 pt deficit in minutes.

Tony_Starks
03-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Da Bulls. The Celtics are going to coast to try to get healthy and Miami is too inconsistent.

Also with them getting that number one spot it will officially give them the final undisputable reason to give D Rose a much deserved MVP and make alotta people on PSD reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaal mad!

stlbest5in2013
03-16-2011, 05:18 PM
compared to what shaq did in his prime? its a love tap

we are not talking about shaq, there is a difference, and shaq is bigger then dwight. so i dont see where you are going with this.

by the way howard is over paid

rapjuicer06
03-16-2011, 05:19 PM
are you serious? i mean, are you serious? the bulls have shown teams how to beat dwight and the magic, they let him get 40, stayed on the shooters, and you still lost.

in orlando they played him more, gave you jump shots, and you missed. your team is not a good jump shooting team, other then richardson, who hits 3's. ill take me chicanes with the magic, and laugh all the way to the bank every day.

heck the bulls can let dwight get 40, have it be a close game, stay out of foul trouble. then have more then enough big men to play hack a dwight and watch what ever lead you might have had dwindle into a 10 pt deficit in minutes.

the bulls won when the magic were playing back to backs. don't take too much from that. the next game between the two will be a better way to view it. teams aren't good on back to backs

and the other one they just came off the trade. not making excuses cause they did straight up lose that one. so lets see with both teams settled in and both will be fresh what happens

rapjuicer06
03-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Eat d!ck! If hr stupid.enough to say westbrook is better then rose, then how are you gonna get mad if someone is stupid enough to say rose is top 5? F u

that makes me laugh. westbrook is scoring more efficiently, has more assists per game, and slightly more rebounds per game with one go to guy while rose has deng/korver/boozer...how about this. you take rose off the bulls and thats still a playoff team. you take westbrook off the thunder that is a below .500 team

RZZZA
03-16-2011, 05:26 PM
teams aren't good on back to backs

Our team is :D

We were on the road for that game, if we lost, couldn't we just as easily say "Well, we were on the Road. Teams aren't usually as good on the road. Wait till next time, next time will be the true test."

rapjuicer06
03-16-2011, 05:29 PM
we are not talking about shaq, there is a difference, and shaq is bigger then dwight. so i dont see where you are going with this.

by the way howard is over paid

what?

i'm saying shaq got away with murder. dwight doesn't do half the **** shaq did and get away with. the thing is everyone in the nba is stick figures or a fat *** for big mean, dwight is solid muscle. so no one can contend with him so it looks worse than what it is.

and every nba player is overpaid

rapjuicer06
03-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Our team is :D

We were on the road for that game, if we lost, couldn't we just as easily say "Well, we were on the Road. Teams aren't usually as good on the road. Wait till next time, next time will be the true test."

sure. but come play off time you don't play back to backs but you do play on the road? hmm don't know what your getting at with that

and another thing, orlando just came off a HUGE win against the heat the night before, a major come back..and then they barely lose by 8? the next day....i like orlando's chances against the bulls more than i do against the heat and boston

RZZZA
03-16-2011, 05:35 PM
you dont like facing boston now that they have no size?

rapjuicer06
03-16-2011, 05:38 PM
you dont like facing boston now that they have no size?

pierce >>>> turk

garnett >>> bass

makes it very hard, and nelson can't stay in front rondo, and thats why ray kills us

KDM1986
03-16-2011, 07:07 PM
I fully expect the Bulls to take the number 1 seed for the following reasons.

1.Boston is just trying to get heathly, they have already proven they can go into anyones house and put it too them. They are more focused on getting everyone healthy and ready to go for the playoffs.

2.The Bulls are playing really really well right now. They have already gotten through the hardest part of their schedule and should cruise right along with maybe a bump or two along the way.

3.The Heat are also turning it up and starting to look like the team everyone thought they could be. But they are 4 games back of the Bulls and it looks like they wont catch them unless they play almost perfect and the Bulls collapse.

With all that said I cant wait for the playoffs....Go Bulls!

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Why is everyone counting the Celtics out?

More-Than-Most
03-16-2011, 07:22 PM
I still think the celtics pull it out. They have been on a recent slide but it wont last for long.

abe_froman
03-16-2011, 07:25 PM

are you blind?

most gave reasons for it including strength of schedule,and a believe your more concerned about being well rested for the playoffs than seeding(like last year)

KDM1986
03-16-2011, 07:27 PM

I'm not counting them out. I still think Boston is the best team in the East. But this is like last year and the year before that. They would rather be fully healthy and a 2 or 3 seed then a 1 seed and be missing players. Plus if you have watched them lately they are definitly struggling with players being out.

gotoHcarolina52
03-16-2011, 07:40 PM
HC vs the Celtics would be huge for Miami. I think the Heat could win a 7th game in Chicago, but the chances of winning one in Boston are much lower. Just my opinion.

I say it'll break down like this:
(1) Bulls
(2) Heat
(3) Celtics

MJ-BULLS
03-16-2011, 07:46 PM
for me its:

Bulls
Heat
Celtics

DaBear
03-16-2011, 08:48 PM
that makes me laugh. westbrook is scoring more efficiently, has more assists per game, and slightly more rebounds per game with one go to guy while rose has deng/korver/boozer...how about this. you take rose off the bulls and thats still a playoff team. you take westbrook off the thunder that is a below .500 team

Wow...so much ********.

Take Westbrook off the Thunder and they are still a playoff team because of DURANT. Actually, take Durant away from the Thunder and Westbrook is not even in the conversation. You're comparing deng/korver/boozer to a top 5 player? Westbrook would be nothing without Durant. In fact, put Rose on the Thunder and they would easily be top 3 in the West. Rose is taking 3 more SPG, and his FG% is lower by .005. If Rose had a scorer like Durant, he would averaging a double double.

:facepalm:

IamKaiserSoze
03-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Bulls and Miami need the seeds a lot more than Boston does. Boston just needs to be healthy come playoff time.

this is exactly what i am concerned about as a bulls fan

Albrecht Duerer
03-16-2011, 11:00 PM
With less than a month remaining in the season, Who gets the #1 seed out East -- Bulls vs Celtics vs Heat

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings

Right now the standings are:

1 y - Chicago 48 18 .727
2 x - Boston 47 18 .723
3 x - Miami 46 22 .687 3

Bulls have another head to head with Boston on Apr 7th in Chicago.
Boston has another head to head with Miami on Apr 10th in Miami.

Both Chicago and Boston have the tiebreaker over Miami as well. Boston currently owns the tiebreaker over Chicago but the Apr 7th game can play an important factor in this as well.

How do you see the 3 teams ending up at the end of the season as far as seeding is concerned?

Edited. So, now the Heat are 46-22 and 60-22 is the best they can do if they win out. So then, since the Bulls have the tie breaker, the Bulls just need to go 12-4 in their next 16 games to be out of reach of the Heat (assuming the Heat win out).

SoxBearsBulls!
03-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Bulls
Celtics
cHeat

JordansBulls
03-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Edited. So, now the Heat are 46-22 and 60-22 is the best they can do if they win out. So then, since the Bulls have the tie breaker, the Bulls just need to go 12-4 in their next 16 games to be out of reach of the Heat (assuming the Heat win out).

I figure the Heat will be about 58-24 by year's end.

rapjuicer06
03-17-2011, 12:20 PM
Wow...so much ********.

Take Westbrook off the Thunder and they are still a playoff team because of DURANT. Actually, take Durant away from the Thunder and Westbrook is not even in the conversation. You're comparing deng/korver/boozer to a top 5 player? Westbrook would be nothing without Durant. In fact, put Rose on the Thunder and they would easily be top 3 in the West. Rose is taking 3 more SPG, and his FG% is lower by .005. If Rose had a scorer like Durant, he would averaging a double double.

:facepalm:

no, i'm saying 1 player vs the three of them. not comparing any of them individually to durant, but the three of them to one player in durant. rose is taking 20 shots a game and averaging 24 ppg. that just doesn't seem very efficient to me when your taking about as many shots as points your putting in. what i'm saying is how can you say rose is so much better when he has the superior talent around him and is averaging the same/little less than westbrook? its pretty stupid. and if you take westbrook off the thunder, they are not a playoff team. durant is a shooter, westbrook does all their dirty work. you take rose off the bulls, they are still a playoff team because they have more than just one other player. they have a good defender in deng and noah and a go to guy in the post in boozer. thunder doesn't have that

:facepalm: right back at ya

JordansBulls
03-17-2011, 01:24 PM
no, i'm saying 1 player vs the three of them. not comparing any of them individually to durant, but the three of them to one player in durant. rose is taking 20 shots a game and averaging 24 ppg. that just doesn't seem very efficient to me when your taking about as many shots as points your putting in. what i'm saying is how can you say rose is so much better when he has the superior talent around him and is averaging the same/little less than westbrook? its pretty stupid. and if you take westbrook off the thunder, they are not a playoff team. durant is a shooter, westbrook does all their dirty work. you take rose off the bulls, they are still a playoff team because they have more than just one other player. they have a good defender in deng and noah and a go to guy in the post in boozer. thunder doesn't have that

:facepalm: right back at ya

Kobe is taking the same amount of shots and averaging the same amount of points as well.

rapjuicer06
03-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Kobe is taking the same amount of shots and averaging the same amount of points as well.

ok? cool...kobe's a ball hog and chucks up shots. he's not a efficient scorer either. he's a shot chucker. i'd take rose on offense over kobe, but once it comes to clutch time i want kobe...and on the defensive side

Crackadalic
03-17-2011, 04:56 PM
Bulls i see the celtics resting most of their players a week before the playoffs

PAOboston
03-17-2011, 05:28 PM
i'm gonna have to say the bulls. the celtics are in "let's get every one healthy and rested" mode. i dont expect the like of rondo/kg/pierce/allen to play huge minutes after the last week to 2 weeks of the season. especially rondo. the guy is gassed/injured right now and you can tell. i think the celtics goal will be to at leats finish with a better record than LA (in case of a finals matchup) who i figure will do something similar with resting players.

hustleloyrspct
03-17-2011, 06:02 PM
Bulls then the heat then the celtics all because of what everyone else has been saying. I do feel like the celtics main worry is being healthy for the playoffs over getting the first seed. They have proven they can beat anyone anywhere .

JordansBulls
03-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Bulls then the heat then the celtics all because of what everyone else has been saying. I do feel like the celtics main worry is being healthy for the playoffs over getting the first seed. They have proven they can beat anyone anywhere .

True, but do you really want to have to win on the road a few times each series especially if you lose a home game as well in the series?

SoxBearsBulls!
03-18-2011, 01:06 PM
If we get the 1 seed, I could see us getting to the Finals.
It won't be easy but this Bulls team is almost unbeatable at home...

effen5
03-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Bulls
Celtics
Heat

Even while the C's are resting their players, they are still one of the most dangerous teams in the NBA.

JordansBulls
03-18-2011, 01:26 PM
If we get the 1 seed, I could see us getting to the Finals.
It won't be easy but this Bulls team is almost unbeatable at home...

Playoffs are a different story.

Examples: Cavs in 1989 were 37-4 at home and lost in round 1 to the Bulls (yeah MJ I know)
Jazz same year were 34-7 at home and got swept in round 1 with HCA.

Next year in 1990 the Jazz were 36-5 at home and lost in round 1 with HCA.

Portland 36-5 at home in 1991 and lose with HCA and the best record in the league.

Cavs 39-2 at home in 2009 and lose with HCA and the best record in the league.

Lakers 37-4 at home in 1990 and lose with HCA in the semifinals.

All of these teams had legit top 3 players in the league hands down and great home records and still managed to lose with HCA.

koreancabbage
03-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Playoffs are a different story.

Examples: Cavs in 1989 were 37-4 at home and lost in round 1 to the Bulls (yeah MJ I know)
Jazz same year were 34-7 at home and got swept in round 1 with HCA.

Next year in 1990 the Jazz were 36-5 at home and lost in round 1 with HCA.

Portland 36-5 at home in 1991 and lose with HCA and the best record in the league.

Cavs 39-2 at home in 2009 and lose with HCA and the best record in the league.

Lakers 37-4 at home in 1990 and lose with HCA in the semifinals.

All of these teams had legit top 3 players in the league hands down and great home records and still managed to lose with HCA.

good teams come together when they are in a hostile arena, where every game is a must win. I would like to see how Chicago plays in the playoffs and how they handle the pressure as the number 1 seed.. it drives them lto be better like the Lakers and the Celtics