PDA

View Full Version : Twolves from the 2004 season to the 2005 season, how did they fall off soo much?

JordansBulls
03-16-2011, 10:53 AM
Twolves from the 2004 season to the 2005 season, how did they fall off soo much? In 2004 the T-wolves won 58 games and were the #1 seed behind KG and his cast of Spree and Cassell. The very next season they won 44 games and barely missed the playoffs. Cassell missed 23 games this year, but was he the reason they fell off that much going from a #1 seed to out of the playoffs in one year?

WSU Tony
03-16-2011, 11:10 AM
his "back spasms" killed our chances..

ChiDougie19
03-16-2011, 11:20 AM
truth came out

Hawkeye15
03-16-2011, 01:44 PM
The Joe Smith deal took away numerous first round picks, so they couldn't replenish thru the draft with young talent. Bad trades, and inflated deals killed them (Hudson, Hassell, the list goes on). McHale made two GREAT trades to get Cassell and Spree. The second their deep playoff run ended, those two's selfishness kicked in. Spree had to "feed his family", so he half assed it thru the rest of his deal, and Cassell did nothing but run his mouth on how he wasn't getting paid. Spree left via FA to never play again, and McFail traded Cassell for Jaric while also giving away a 1st rounder.

Simply put: Years of no #1 picks, and picking guys like Avery, Ebi, etc with the picks they DID have a pick, as well as McHale giving long deals with a lot of money to role players, eventually killed them.

I could actually write a book on this, but that is my short answer.

John Walls Era
03-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Wolves weren't even bad when they had KG. I think they were the 9th seed a couple of times after the 2005 season. They just failed to acquire other stars to play with KG.

O and then Kevin McHale decided to help his former team.