PDA

View Full Version : ESPN allows and so on

mgsports
03-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Len Elmore and Bill Raftery to go to CBS to call Games coming up but not Jay Bilis or Dick Vitale or Emberg.
Also next year CBS Sports/NBATV got to be used as a Channel to show Games and when Contract is up ESPN get involved.

Driven
03-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Elmore and Raftery have contracts with CBS. I don't know about Bilas or Emberg anymore. When has Vitale been on CBS in recent memory? Enberg probably wasn't used because they're teaming up the TNT and CBS commentary teams. Bilas probably wasn't used for the same reason, and he was used sparingly as well.

I don't get the idea of using two irrelevant networks when you're already using four cable networks.

Albrecht Duerer
03-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Elmore and Raftery have contracts with CBS. I don't know about Bilas or Emberg anymore. When has Vitale been on CBS in recent memory? Enberg probably wasn't used because they're teaming up the TNT and CBS commentary teams. Bilas probably wasn't used for the same reason, and he was used sparingly as well.

I don't get the idea of using two irrelevant networks when you're already using four cable networks.

Isnt Enberg the announcer for the San Diegoo Padres?

Driven
03-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Yup. He does basketball, golf and tennis for CBS, too. Tennis for ESPN.

mgsports
03-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Mike Fatello/ Marv Albert Nets and so on. Mike Green ESPN and Knicks. Kevin Millar/Ken R./Chris Rose MLB Network and Fox.