PDA

View Full Version : Fire mike d'antoni!

THECHAMP731
03-15-2011, 11:08 PM
SAW THIS VIDEO ON YOUTUBE AND I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!
:clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbSNTfc-Yk

HAHA!

SERIOUSLY..WHERE IS THE DEFENSE! AS A KNICK FAN RIGHT NOW I AM SO ANGRY!!! WAKE UP MIKE!!!

ChI_ShIzzLe
03-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Whats really funny is, I think thats you in the video and you just signed up on here to post it.

nyanks79
03-15-2011, 11:11 PM
Whats really funny is, I think thats you in the video and you just signed up on here to post it.

Easily.

THECHAMP731
03-15-2011, 11:12 PM
Nope it came up on google...i just signed up .figured i needed a good first post. Lol!

stlbest5in2013
03-15-2011, 11:13 PM
what is really funny is that any real knick fan, claims d'antoni is the real reason team usa won the gold.

THECHAMP731
03-15-2011, 11:18 PM
what is really funny is that any real knick fan, claims d'antoni is the real reason team usa won the gold.

hahah...a stacked team like team usa?? Lmao!!! You serious? A real knick fan knows that the dynamics of the team are sloppy as hell.no defense is improving...you have a good team...d'antoni is not a bad coach but i think he has to get his sh&t together

Dade County
03-15-2011, 11:19 PM
lol... Who would the knicks go after, if they did fire him?

Swashcuff
03-15-2011, 11:20 PM
The best thing for the Knicks this off season in all honesty would be to fail in this post season, giving them a legit reason to get D'antoni out and bring in someone more equip for the job of turning that team into a contender. Mark Jackson and Mike Fratello would deserve a looking at.

Sixerlover
03-15-2011, 11:23 PM
Jeff Van Gundy has been applying for that Knick job via ABC broadcasting for the last 3 weeks

knightstemplar
03-15-2011, 11:23 PM
that video was pretty funny, fire his ***!!!!

Swashcuff
03-15-2011, 11:24 PM

Mark Jackson, Patrick Ewing, Mike Fratello, Jeff Van Gundy, Mike Brown, Sam Mitchel, Brian Shaw, Hubie Brown.

:shrug:

Note: I don't think all those guys are better options than D'antoni but just throwing a few out there.

D-Leethal
03-15-2011, 11:29 PM
Mark Jackson, Patrick Ewing, Mike Fratello, Jeff Van Gundy, Mike Brown, Sam Mitchel, Brian Shaw, Hubie Brown.

Note: I don't think all those guys are better options than D'antoni but just throwing a few out there.

Can you explain how Mark Jackson is a good option? The guy who has never even coached pee wee basketball in his life? Do you like how he sounds as an analyst? Is that why he would be a good coach? If were going for a former Knick, make it Ewing, he has earned the right to become a head coach as lead assistant for 5-6 years and we have a star big man he can tutor and help improve defensively.......

Van Gundy will never coach the Knicks as long as Dolan is the owner.......if you don't understand that you haven't followed the Knicks very long........

tonyd3b54
03-15-2011, 11:29 PM
20 bucks the kid in this video doesnt know how to read...

More-Than-Most
03-15-2011, 11:30 PM
Video aside its the best thing for the knicks. His style of basketball will not win a championship

Kobes a Killer
03-15-2011, 11:30 PM
What about Jerry Sloan? I would hate to see Sloan coaching the Heat lol

xabial
03-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Sounds like Stephen A Smith's long lost Son :laugh:

mttwlsn16
03-15-2011, 11:39 PM
knicks are .500 with melo, imo its bc they gave up THE WHOLE TEAM, minus amare/fields just to get him

xabial
03-15-2011, 11:41 PM
Knicks 6-6 With Melo if anybody wants to know

Swashcuff
03-15-2011, 11:41 PM
Can you explain how Mark Jackson is a good option? The guy who has never even coached pee wee basketball in his life? Do you like how he sounds as an analyst? Is that why he would be a good coach? If were going for a former Knick, make it Ewing, he has earned the right to become a head coach as lead assistant for 5-6 years and we have a star big man he can tutor and help improve defensively.......

Van Gundy will never coach the Knicks as long as Dolan is the owner.......if you don't understand that you haven't followed the Knicks very long........

http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/smw-somebody-please-make-mark-jackson-a-coach

Jackson’s name has been mentioned as a slight possibility to fill the inevitable New York Knicks coaching vacancy

^ Very old article but he was rumored to be on the Knicks radar as a head coach once before.

EVERYONE has been saying for the longest while that Mark Jackson's place is going to be as a head coach in the league for years to come. Despite his inexperience in any aspect of professional coaching its is no secret that he has one of the best basketball minds out there and is respected league wide for his basketball mastery. He was always highly touted for his player/coach skills throughout his playing career.

I NEVER said Mark Jackson was a better option than D'antoni. Like I said at the end of my post, I was just throwing some names out there.

Slimsim
03-15-2011, 11:44 PM
His style doesn't Fit this new team we have. And our defense is the worse in History We need to do something

meloman1592
03-15-2011, 11:45 PM
As a knick fan i gotta say that antoni is a BIG problem but no the only problem. Chauncey looks real sloppy, amare cant grab a board or pass the ball and melo isn't being assertive. The knicks looked like a better team when billups was out and melo played that "point forward" role. They need to do more pick & roll with melo & stat and use billups as a third option. Not billups & amare pick & roll with melo as the 3rd option. However i would like to see Mike Antoni go.

P.S....mike antoni doesnt coach (D)efense so i took the letter out his name

Swashcuff
03-15-2011, 11:45 PM
What about Jerry Sloan? I would hate to see Sloan coaching the Heat lol

Sloan has already said that he's through with Coaching. I don't think he comes back to a team such as the Knicks.

xabial
03-15-2011, 11:50 PM
Amare and Melo Need to work in harmony. 6-6 isnt good enough for NY. Mike should be fired when its all said and done. We need a defensive minded coach like the Bulls.

Time2Dieeee
03-15-2011, 11:55 PM
LOL thats y i love New Yorkers!!!! soo freaking funny!
**** Mike and his big forehead XD

Wyatt7
03-15-2011, 11:55 PM
I think if D'Toni gets dropped your gonna see Amare play as good. When Terry Porter was in Amare didnt do anything for him. He likes Gentry and D'Toni. He likes that style of play. So "Just saying" If you see D'Toni leave....then knicks gonna be sloppy. George Karl even said Melo is un-coachable. I wish the best for you knicks. I just hope His KNEES (AMARE) stay good for ya!

Dade County
03-15-2011, 11:56 PM

Clam down, thats why he did this ... :shrug:

Maybe they can still shaw from the Lakers :shrug:

Robbw241
03-15-2011, 11:56 PM
That guy is so mad!

oak2455
03-16-2011, 12:00 AM
that kid in your sig found out Free Hotdogs tonight..........How about Phil Jackson as coach:eyebrow:

Badluck33
03-16-2011, 12:00 AM
Amare and Melo Need to work in harmony. 6-6 isnt good enough for NY. Mike should be fired when its all said and done. We need a defensive minded coach like the Bulls.

Melo and Amare dont play defense and even a defensive minded coach will have a hard time changing that. Carlos Boozer plays under a defensive minded coach and still doesn't play defense.

you need more depth on your roster.

allSUAVE
03-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Mike Dantoni would be fired in the offseason ...the media is setting him up to get fired or to quit ..he's a bad coach! .......Offense is inconsistent Defense is consistent !

Robbw241
03-16-2011, 12:07 AM
The #Suave has spoken

Game_Over
03-16-2011, 12:08 AM
Knicks forum please, what is everyone crying for we heard how once Melo is a Knick they're winning it all!!

jimm120
03-16-2011, 12:13 AM

hahah lol.

I think MOST knicks fans don't like him.

MANY of us have wanted him out since he got here.

MORE people are "joining the movement" now.

He's just not a good coach overall.

He had a servicable team in 2010 and was
3-8 to start the season,
14-1 in Nov/Dec run,
12 - 17 after that
6 - 6 with Melo/Billups

or something like that.

I just don't like his policies.

-Preaches defense but doesn't teach it.

-Hoist 30 3 pointers a game (luckily, Billups has forced him to change that)

-Be ready to run on offense instead of playing lock down D or Rebound

-DOGHOUSE: Unecessarily benching players when they could be useful. Duhon over Marbury in 2008? Duhon over Nate in 2009? Jeffries over Curry in 2009? Bill Walker over Anthony Randolph in 2010? Bill Walker over Mozgov in 2010? Jeffries over Milicic in 2009? Really?

-SHORT Rotation: only 7.5 guys played for 2 1/2 years. Billups/Melo trade forcing him to play more...but now our bench is horrible compared to other times.

Too many "bad policies" come with this guy. He prefers to put out a 6'8" center or put Amare at C just so his offense can be better...even though he's negating the effectiveness of the offense by making the Defense so much worse.

I don't like him.

But he's our coach. I just hope he gets fired this offseason.

DodgerBulls
03-16-2011, 12:16 AM

lol. I think he forgot to turn off CAPS, BECAUSE THE PROFILE ON THE YOUTUBE PAGE LIKES IT ON CAPS TOO.

sunsfan88
03-16-2011, 12:16 AM
Melo and Amare dont play defense and even a defensive minded coach will have a hard time changing that. Carlos Boozer plays under a defensive minded coach and still doesn't play defense.

you need more depth on your roster.
There is no way that before the season began you thought Spurs would be a top team and Griffin would win slam dunk contest.

jimm120
03-16-2011, 12:19 AM
knicks are .500 with melo, imo its bc they gave up THE WHOLE TEAM, minus amare/fields just to get him

But to be fair, we did get Billups.

so, looking at the IMMEDIATE players, it was

Melo for Chandler and Gallo

Billups for Felton and MOzgov

problem was that we DIDN'T need to give all that up, unless Dolan knows something about the next CBA that hasn't been let out of the bag by the owners yet.

Walsh, imo, would have done a good job without Dolan. Either he wouldn't have traded for Melo (cheaply) and maybe signed him in the offseason, or trade for him cheaply (as in Chandler, who was gone anyway in the offseason, Randolph, Curry, and to "sweeten" the deal, a 2014 1st rounder).

But Dolan screwed it up.

jimm120
03-16-2011, 12:23 AM
Mike Dantoni would be fired in the offseason ...the media is setting him up to get fired or to quit ..he's a bad coach! .......Offense is inconsistent Defense is consistent !

touche!

Offense is inconsistent (even before the trade) and the defense is consistently (bad), aside for those 4 to 8 games that EVERY team has in which their defense "just clicks".

king4day
03-16-2011, 12:30 AM
What did you expect when you signed him? The Celtics type defense?
He preaches offense and that's it.
He's already had Amar'e. Now he has Melo and Billups but still needs more pieces and the team most definetly needs more time together.

VillaMaravilla
03-16-2011, 12:32 AM
The #Suave has spoken

Lol is that DOMEFAVORS on your sig?

VillaMaravilla
03-16-2011, 12:38 AM
I curse the day Mike turned down the Bulls job and Donnie hired thia buffoon, you knew it was a bad omen when Donnie called him D'antonio like 5 times that day

Lakerhead4ever
03-16-2011, 12:41 AM
u guys have to give it some time. i think mike d is a provin coach with his particular style.

i mean... knick fans didnt think u would win it all this this yr rite?

add some more players who can perform and if that doesnt work, then let mike go.

mttwlsn16
03-16-2011, 12:42 AM
But to be fair, we did get Billups.

so, looking at the IMMEDIATE players, it was

Melo for Chandler and Gallo

Billups for Felton and MOzgov

problem was that we DIDN'T need to give all that up, unless Dolan knows something about the next CBA that hasn't been let out of the bag by the owners yet.

Walsh, imo, would have done a good job without Dolan. Either he wouldn't have traded for Melo (cheaply) and maybe signed him in the offseason, or trade for him cheaply (as in Chandler, who was gone anyway in the offseason, Randolph, Curry, and to "sweeten" the deal, a 2014 1st rounder).

But Dolan screwed it up.

by all means i agree billups is a stud PG, for at least another year or 2. but felton, gallo, mozgov, chandler, all still young. so i say it was too much to give up. and now the depth that was there pre melo, is now m.i.a.

jimm120
03-16-2011, 12:45 AM
What did you expect when you signed him? The Celtics type defense?
He preaches offense and that's it.
He's already had Amar'e. Now he has Melo and Billups but still needs more pieces and the team most definetly needs more time together.

wait a second.

I think we KNEW he wouldn't be good enough.

I was against it but hey, he was signed. Nothing to do then. Just hope he gets fired soon. As others in the Knicks forum have said: "He was brought here for one reason and one reason only: bring the superstars here".

He was here to showcase a 60+ game winning coach to the free agents. He did that somewhat.

He managed to get the #3 free agent of 2010 (out of the 4 "stars") to come. Amare was good. But his terrible coaching became even more apparent in NY with the bad roster. He didn't have an MVP Nash. An even younger Stat. A "prime" Marion. And with that, people (the free agents) saw that his 60+ wins wasn't just him but the product (mostly) of the team he had.

But he didn't manage to land us the big fish.

jimm120
03-16-2011, 12:51 AM
by all means i agree billups is a stud PG, for at least another year or 2. but felton, gallo, mozgov, chandler, all still young. so i say it was too much to give up. and now the depth that was there pre melo, is now m.i.a.

Yeah.

The depth was great and D"Antoni didn't use it.

Now no depth and he is "using" the no depth...

and yes, I don't think most NYers wanted this specific trade. Maybe the ones that liked the type of trades Isiah Thomas did.

Billups IS better than Felton. Still, for the Dantoni offense, Feltonw as better...and cheaper and faster.

And I do agree with you. Too much was given up. MOST fans wanted Melo. but I feel that at least 50% didn't want Melo the way we got him.

We wanted him Walsh's way (cheap) or through free agency.

Only thing that can "save' this trade made by Dolan (mark my words, this was not Walsh) is if something DOES come out during the CBA that shows that we wouldn't have gotten Melo without the trade...and Dolan being an owner might have some insight on this. But aside for that little ray of hope, it seems that this was just another Dolan move.

John Walls Era
03-16-2011, 12:53 AM
Melo trade was good. But did they have to give up Felton (probably right?). The pace they play at is still considered up tempo (because they shoot it early in the clock), but they don't really make other teams run as much (because Billups doesn't ever run up the court, he just settles into the offense--- something he does).

So its all on the coach for not implementing or changing his offense.

NYKalltheway
03-16-2011, 12:55 AM
I bet that everytime we lose someone will create a D'Antoni thread in the NBA forum as well now.. :p

jimm120
03-16-2011, 01:25 AM
I bet that everytime we lose someone will create a D'Antoni thread in the NBA forum as well now.. :p

I'm happy it was created here, since it was "disallowed" in the Knicks forum. Great way to shut everyone up, stern...

And its not "after every loss". Even during MOST wins, a lot of Knicks fans SEE what goes wrong.

Hell, today's game had Melo, AMare, AND Billups do pretty well (just like in the last Cavs game) and shot well with the role players (Shawne, Landry, and Toney) contributing...and we still lost.

Sorry, its not about losses. Its about the coach.

Yes, we didn't (or if you did, shouldn't have) think we'd win it all this year but Mike has just done a putrid job in 2 seasons and now this season, taking out that 14-1 run we had, he's been below .500 with a 2010 that had a solid all around team (would have been better and bigger if the bench played) and 2011 team that featured the three headed Amare, Melo, Billups .

blahblahyoutoo
03-16-2011, 01:26 AM
The best thing for the Knicks this off season in all honesty would be to fail in this post season, giving them a legit reason to get D'antoni out and bring in someone more equip for the job of turning that team into a contender. Mark Jackson and Mike Fratello would deserve a looking at.

mark jackson?
based on what credentials?

FOBolous
03-16-2011, 01:35 AM
defense was never his forte and the knicks knew that when they brought him on board.

CityofTreez
03-16-2011, 01:47 AM

I was just wondering...........did the Knicks lose tonight? :laugh2:

Really though, Knick fans, you go through up-and-downs. You guys had an upper for a minute, but you are now in your lower stage. There is only one way up, just give it time and once you guys mesh then you guys are smooth sailing.

After this trade, I have now realized Gallinari was a more important piece to this team than before.

LOOTERX9
03-16-2011, 01:47 AM
The Knicks forum is a complete joke! And I am A KNICKS fan. They lock and delete the Fire Dantoni threads but allow the GALLO we miss you threads to stay open up there. WTF?! The mods there are soft hearted dantoni apologists. Anyone can see that this coach cant coach a defensive scheme to save his life. Get this damn coach out of NY before the next game. I want this european style trash of a coach out of my sight forever.

SaveTheKnicks
03-16-2011, 02:04 AM
Lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

John Walls Era
03-16-2011, 02:08 AM
All D'antoni's fault... or should I say 'antoni.

I doubt the Knicks record would be better if they didn't do the trade. Teams are just outscoring them, none of the players they traded away were all that good on D.

stlbest5in2013
03-16-2011, 02:46 AM
hahah lol.

I think MOST knicks fans don't like him.

MANY of us have wanted him out since he got here.

MORE people are "joining the movement" now.

He's just not a good coach overall.

He had a servicable team in 2010 and was
3-8 to start the season,
14-1 in Nov/Dec run,
12 - 17 after that
6 - 6 with Melo/Billups

or something like that.

I just don't like his policies.

-Preaches defense but doesn't teach it.

-Hoist 30 3 pointers a game (luckily, Billups has forced him to change that)

-Be ready to run on offense instead of playing lock down D or Rebound

-DOGHOUSE: Unecessarily benching players when they could be useful. Duhon over Marbury in 2008? Duhon over Nate in 2009? Jeffries over Curry in 2009? Bill Walker over Anthony Randolph in 2010? Bill Walker over Mozgov in 2010? Jeffries over Milicic in 2009? Really?

-SHORT Rotation: only 7.5 guys played for 2 1/2 years. Billups/Melo trade forcing him to play more...but now our bench is horrible compared to other times.

Too many "bad policies" come with this guy. He prefers to put out a 6'8" center or put Amare at C just so his offense can be better...even though he's negating the effectiveness of the offense by making the Defense so much worse.

I don't like him.

But he's our coach. I just hope he gets fired this offseason.

i have said this for years about dantoni in Ny on other forums when dealing with trolls. they say im ******** and do not know anything about the nba. that is why i posted what i did, it was a shot at those fans, being im sure they are posting here as well

mjt20mik
03-16-2011, 03:33 AM
Jvg

NYKalltheway
03-16-2011, 03:37 AM
The Knicks forum is a complete joke! And I am A KNICKS fan. They lock and delete the Fire Dantoni threads but allow the GALLO we miss you threads to stay open up there. WTF?! The mods there are soft hearted dantoni apologists. Anyone can see that this coach cant coach a defensive scheme to save his life. Get this damn coach out of NY before the next game. I want this european style trash of a coach out of my sight forever.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

How many times do I have to tell you that this is the exact opposite of how basketball is played in Europe????

ElMarroAfamado
03-16-2011, 05:08 AM
the team they had before Carmelo was perfect for Dantonis style...but now with Amare and Carmelo...and Chauncey as the cornerstones I dont know....something needs to be done

Swashcuff
03-16-2011, 07:55 AM
mark jackson?
based on what credentials?

I already explained it in another post.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-16-2011, 07:57 AM
1st problem is D'Antoni but the second is giving up half of your team for an overrated star.

Rentzias
03-16-2011, 09:59 AM
If he gets fired, and you get the best available coach, then what is your timeline for getting that championship? What else would you need other than time for the new coach to install philosophies/practice/strategies?

benzni
03-16-2011, 10:17 AM
what did u expect. you traded for a player that doesnt know how to play D.

:facepalm:

Swashcuff
03-16-2011, 10:44 AM
1st problem is D'Antoni but the second is giving up half of your team for an overrated star.

Those guys are replaceable.

Even though Melo may indeed be overrated he is much harder to replace. Don't forget they also got a better PG in Chauncey.

Caron Butler, JR Smith, Thaddeus Young, Al Thornton, Chuck Hayes, Mike Dunleavy, Shane Battier, Andrei Kirilenko and Josh Howard are alll FA's this offseason. They can easily fill those holes. Wilson Chandler was essentially gone already since he'd be looking for a big contract this offseason.

Their only hole will be at C and I don't think Chuck Hayes alone can fill it. He's a better defender than anyone they currently have at that position and Mozgov. So I think once management doesn't screw them over that should not be a major concern.

King Drew
03-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Not everything is mikes fault. Just because a coach doesn't coach defense doesnt mean players can act like they don't know how. It's the entire teams fault.

Team*Chicago
03-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Not trying to bash the Knicks but this is not Mike D'antoni fault, it's the organization fault for hiring him in the first or not firing him at all because they knew what kind of coach he was going to be before giving him the job plus they traded away some nice solid players away for Carmelo and they still didn't get much better after that trade now they got 2 offensive players that plays no defense and a coach that coaches no defense. What did you expect?

Young and Stupid
03-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Let me preface this by saying that despite being a Nets fan, I root for the Knicks to succeed; so much so that I've been called a "closet Knicks fan" by many Nets fans. Much of that comes from the fact that I'm a New Yorker, but a segment of it results from my belief that the NBA is better when the Knicks are playing well.

Having said that (Curb fans), I really think the Knicks ****ed themselves with the acquisition of Carmelo Anthony. That's not to say that D'Antoni's coaching philosophy isn't also at fault -- you're not going to win in this league unless you put an emphasis on defense -- but even with a better coach running the show I'm of the belief that the Knicks would be unable to compete with the NBA's top-tier teams.

Melo and Stat make up one of the best offensive tandems in the league, but their style of play doesn't necessarily translate to playoff success. I think the Knicks need another piece (and a change of philosophy) if they want to vie for a championship. That brings me to the Knicks' most glaring issue -- the lack of upward mobility. Although we can't necessarily predict the constraints of the new CBA down to the dot, it's fair to assume that the cap will not be significantly higher than it is now. The Knicks have two players on the books tied up for roughly $40 million (when cap holds are taking into consideration), as a result they lack the ability to marginally improve the roster (whether it be through a trade or signing free-agents). There are many delusional Knicks fans who are of the belief that they're still bringing in another max-player, but the truth of the matter is that they won't have room.

I think the Knicks are going to be like the Hawks (slightly better though); they'll compete every year, but they won't have enough to capture a championship. I hope I'm wrong, but I really don't see the Knicks reaching the finals as currently constructed. We'll see.

Swashcuff
03-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Not trying to bash the Knicks but this is not Mike D'antoni fault, it's the organization fault for hiring him in the first or not firing him at all because they knew what kind of coach he was going to be before giving him the job plus they traded away some nice solid players away for Carmelo and they still didn't get much better after that trade now they got 2 offensive players that plays no defense and a coach that coaches no defense. What did you expect?

To mirror the success of the Suns. I am no Knicks fan but I think that that was the aim of the organization. Both the Nuggets and the Suns made it to the WCF as run and gun offenses. They probably figured they could do the same in the East. Especially if they were able to get a marquee FA or two this past off-season (LeBron and Amar'e)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-16-2011, 11:57 AM
If the Knicks would have gotten D-Will for Felton + Gallinari/Chandler.....:drool:

That would've been scary good, williams running the show with Amare.
Prok literally hijacked Deron out of Utah.

LOOTERX9
03-16-2011, 02:36 PM
If the Knicks would have gotten D-Will for Felton + Gallinari/Chandler.....:drool:

That would've been scary good, williams running the show with Amare.
Prok literally hijacked Deron out of Utah.

Adding D Williams instead of MELO would not have been something I would have wanted. Because it would have made the knicks the SUNS east for years. And they may have a few more wins now with williams but they still would not be playing any f%cking Defense at all with this clown of a coach. They would still be giving up 110 pts to the bullsh%t teams. They would be a team that always made the playoffs and got knocked out cause of this lame %ss coach. So I wanted Melo and Billups just to get rid of the coach now. I dont want dantoni here at all.

RC3
03-16-2011, 02:54 PM
D'antoni has no clue of how to coach defense. All the time he says things "we have no energy" and defense is to have the will and desire. He doesn't get into specifics that much and only talks about how they did not make enough shots. He is BS in everything defense. Him and the entire coaching staff is crap. And if jared jeffries is the player that sure things up defensivly, :facepalm: there is a serious problem. Its not like jeffries is dwight howard and he could affect the teams defense.

LOOTERX9
03-16-2011, 03:23 PM
D'antoni has no clue of how to coach defense. All the time he says things "we have no energy" and defense is to have the will and desire. He doesn't get into specifics that much and only talks about how they did not make enough shots. He is BS in everything defense. Him and the entire coaching staff is crap. And if jared jeffries is the player that sure things up defensivly, :facepalm: there is a serious problem. Its not like jeffries is dwight howard and he could affect the teams defense.

I want Dolan to announce a press conference announcinig the release of Dantoni today! I literally hate Dantoni almost as much as fans hated Isiah. Dantoni and his teams are fools gold and will never win a title.

allvalleychamp
03-16-2011, 03:44 PM
i hope the knicks do fire d'antoni so the warriors can replace keith smart with a very good coach who could play curry and monta together!!

BALLER71
03-16-2011, 03:55 PM
One of the most overrated coaches in all of a sports this decade.

nyanks79
03-16-2011, 04:10 PM
I honesty dont get all the hate MD gets from everyone.

LOOTERX9
03-16-2011, 04:21 PM
I honesty dont get all the hate MD gets from everyone.

Cause he only coaches 1 side of the ball, His teams give up 115 points daily to the worst teams, and he is stubborn and benches players for weeks for no reason. And we know that his sys is fools gold and won't win a title

Tony_Starks
03-16-2011, 05:04 PM
The day D'Antoni gets fired is the day the Knicks regain respectability. He's turned the team into a joke. Barkley has been ranting and raving about their defense the past few weeks. Their defense is often the butt of jokes on nbaTV and sportscenter. All he wants to do is outscore you.

Giving up over 110 points to teams like the Bucks, Cleveland, Indianna, Philly? Thats not the teams fault man he's just a horrible coach. The Bucks are the most horrid offensive team, dead last offensively in the league and they came into MSG and put up something like 115? Are you kidding me? The other day they scored like 57 points! Thats sad....

Klivlend
03-16-2011, 05:24 PM

That is exactly what happened.

SteBO
03-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Regarding the thread topic, I think the Knicks should wait until the Knicks get a better team around him before firing him. The Knicks can get a better over the offseason, so it's too early to cut D'Antoni loose.

nycsports2
03-16-2011, 05:55 PM

exactly y i wouldnt but i do hate the guy... i say stick ewing in there! (and im dead serious)

Kashmir13579
03-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Lmao

Kashmir13579
03-16-2011, 05:57 PM
i agree 100% with this dude.

Kashmir13579
03-16-2011, 05:57 PM
"wit ya dome-head ***"

broncofangene
03-16-2011, 06:44 PM
I feel bad for Mike, he's a pretty good coach and I gurantee he didn't want Anthony. Melo and Amare have no concept of defense. I watched melo play d when he wants but it was rare. He listens when he wants to but anytime constructive criticism is heard he turns to a baby. Melo will eventually drive Mike out of town, the knicks failures will be blamed on him. Jeff Bzdelik, Adrian Dantley, Michael Cooper, George Karl were all ignored and disrespected him. He's uncoachable but one of the best offensive/finishers in the league. You better get a defensive pg c and sg if Ny wants to succeed

mjqusoldier
03-16-2011, 06:59 PM
exactly y i wouldnt but i do hate the guy... i say stick ewing in there! (and im dead serious)

Exactly lol I agree. Hire Ewing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!