PDA

View Full Version : NBA Redraft Playoffs: 1) Atlantic City Craps v. 4) Pittsburgh Strokin' 3's

Mile High Champ
03-15-2011, 09:00 PM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the playoff voting for the PSD NBA Redraft. Every year we basketball fans enjoy taking part in a PSD game called the NBA redraft where over 60 users participate. The point of the redraft is to draft the best team possible and the obvious goal is to be crowned champion by the NBA forum. You will notice that the team name do not represent current NBA teams. The reason why we avoided this is because we wanted to avoid a bias that exists with current team names. For example, a team that had the Chicago Bulls team name would probably experience a higher volume of votes than letís say the Memphis Grizzlies team simply because they have the larger fan base on PSD. As a result we got rid of that bias completely. Please take the time to review both teams, look at the depth chart and read the write ups to formalize your own opinion on which team would win a 7 game series. As far as injuries go, they will not be playing a factor in this Redraft though players that are continually hurt and have not had a healthy season in quite some time should be viewed as different players than what they once were (Yao, Oden, Roy etc). Thank you for voting and enjoy the match ups.

1) Atlantic City v. 4) Pittsburgh

Atlantic City has Home Court Advantage

Atlantic City Clubhouse (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16675488&postcount=30)
Pittsburgh Clubhouse (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16653788&postcount=31)

Atlantic City Depth Chart
PG: Lou Williams/Goran Dragic/T.J. Ford
SG: Wilson Chandler/Ronnie Brewer/Goran Dragic
SF: Lebron James/Ronnie Brewer/Earl Clark
PF: Al Horford/Antonio McDyess/Drew Gooden
C: Kendrick Perkins/Erick Dampier/Theo Ratliff

Pittsburgh Depth Chart
PG: Jameer Nelson | Shaun Livingston | Pooh Jeter
SG: Anthony Parker | James Harden | Von Wafer
SF: Luol Deng | Rudy Fernandez
PF: Amare Stoudemire| Ryan Anderson
C: DeAndre Jordan | Aaron Gray | Jason Smith

Atlantic City Write Up

Offense:

The Atlantic City offense is high powered machine. With the best player in the world as the primary ball handler. He is of course able to take matters in his own hands, should we need it. He has a legitimate all-star next to him in the front court in Al Horford. Horford can take the ball on the block and put it in the basket, or create opportunities for outside shots, and is also an underrated passer, and can get open dunks for Kendrick Perkins.

Also, we have surrounded Lebron with outside shooters. Lou Williams is a great 3 point shooter, and Horford can absolutely hit the 18-20 footer. Wilson Chandler is playing out of his mind and will benefit more than anyone from the Lebron factor.

Our bench is probably superior to most benches in the re-draft as well. Speed and shooting in Goran Dragic, defense and hustle in Ronnie Brewer, toughnes and leadership in Antonio McDyess, and rebounding and size in Erick Dampier.

Defense:

We are probably the best defensive team in the entire re-draft. Starting with Kendrick Perkins down low, anchors the defense and is THE best 1 on 1 big defender in the game. Horford is a very good help defender, and will be defending the smaller of the opposing team's bigs each game. Lebron is obviously an All-NBA defender, and will anchor the perimiter D. Wilson Chandler is an underrated defender, and is quick enough to stay with 2 guards, and has an advantage with his size. Lou, is not a very good defender, but our help defense will shadow this weakness. Our bench defense speaks for itself, with Dragic, Brewer, McDyess, and Dampier.

VS. 4. Pittsburgh

First of all, I want to congratulate Pittsburgh on their first round victory. The GMs have put together a very solid team.

Back-court

Lou Williams, Wilson Chandler vs. Jameer Nelson + Anthony Parker

Atlantic City has a definite advantage here with Wilson Chandler being a go-to player right now. He will be able to roam on defense a bit with Anthony Parker being only a spot up shooter. Jameer is a tough cover, but with an amazing team defense, we should be able to hold him. As Williams is going to basically be a spot up shooter in the Atlantic City offense, if Jameer roams, that is something we can deal with, because the rest of our lineup is incredibly long and strong

Front-court

Lebron James, Al Horford, Kendrick Perkins vs. Luol Deng, Amare Stoudemire, DeAndre Jordan

A very interested group of players. I believe that Atlantic City has the advantage, though not as large of a gap as the back-court. Lebron is obviously the best player in the series, and Al Horford will be able to use his athleticism to contain Amare, though Amare will have a few games that he will go off, as of course he can.
Perkins will be incredibly useful to clog the lane when Amare gets past Horford. DeAndre is no slouch inside, but Perkins is a far superior defender than DeAndre is offesively. Luol Deng can put a body on Lebron, but Lebron will dominate this series, offensively and defensively.

Bench

Goran Dragic, Ronnie Brewer, Antonio McDyess, Eric Dampier vs. Shaun Livingston, James Harden, Rudy Fernandez, Ryan Anderson, Aaron Gray.

Another very interesting match-up - I believe we have the absolute bench-defense in the entire re-draft. On the other hand, Pittsburgh's bench offense is very strong. Ronnie Brewer will be a great counter for James Harden, and will be able to match his athleticism. Dragic will be a beast, and could easily be the primary ball-handler when Lebron/Williams is not in the game.
With a wily, strong big man veteran like Antonio McDyess coming off the bench, and the defense and rebounding of Dampier, our length and strength outmatches Ryan Anderson and Aaron Gray.

I think this will be a good series, but Atlantic City should come out on top! Good Luck to Pittsburgh!

[/QUOTE]

Pittsburgh Write Up

I'll keep this short and just say what needs to be said for you to make the right voting decision.

PG: Jameer Nelson vs Lou Williams
Jameer Nelson is clearly better than Lou Williams. Major advantage in favor of Pittsburgh right here. Lou Williams is a really bad defensive player, Nelson should be able to get 25+, in 4 or 5 games of this sereis.
Advantage: Pittsburgh

SG: Anthony Parker vs Wilson Chandler
Jameer's penetration because of Lou Williams' defense being a sieve will leave wide open shots for Parker from 3 point range. He makes 40% of them, BTW. As far as how he matches up with Wilson Chandler, in the 1 game Wilson played against Parker this year, Wilson went 5-14 from the field for 13 points. Parker had 17 points on 5-9 shooting.

SF: Luol Deng vs LeBron James
LeBron is good, but Deng is the perfect player to defend him. He can handle LeBron 1-on-1. Deng can score on LeBron as well, though. Still, LeBron's a top 2 player in the game and the only real advantage Atlantic City has over me.
Advantage: Atlantic City

PF: Amare Stoudemire vs Al Horford
Another matchup easily in favor of Pittsburgh. Amare is averaging 25 PPG in 4 games against Atlanta this year. Horford vs NYK? 13 PPG.

C: DeAndre Jordan vs Kendrick Perkins
Kendrick can't stay healthy, so I'm not sure how Atlantic City is expecting to get any contributions from him. He has 2 bum knees. That's not good for a big man.
Even

Pittsburgh Bench vs Atlantic City Bench
My bench clearly is better than Atlantic City's bench. Livingston would destroy Dragic. James Harden vs Ronnie Brewer is no contest. Ryan Anderson is shooting almost 40% from 3. Rudy Fernandez can light it up from outside. This is just no contest. In a series, it's important to have spark plugs off the bench that can tilt games in your favor. Atlantic City has no spark plugs. I have many.

There you have it. Pittsburgh would prevail in 6 or 7 games, depending on how well the shots are falling for us. Atlantic City has the best player, yes. But Pittsburgh has the better team. Don't be fooled.

Mile High Champ
03-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Lets start voting!!

GREATNESS ONE
03-15-2011, 09:38 PM
I think ATL just matched up with the team that can beat them.

Mile High Champ
03-15-2011, 11:03 PM
Good match up but I think Atlantic City takes it.

PhillyLuver
03-15-2011, 11:04 PM
I think ATL just matched up with the team that can beat them.

Disagreed. pitt has a nice team, but Atlantic City is spectacular

topdog
03-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Love Pittsburg's frontcourt although I could see 'Bron getting Mr. Deandre into foul trouble. Then again, Luol and Parker are pretty good perimeter defenders though and Fernandez/Harden is smoke and fire off the bench!

NYKalltheway
03-16-2011, 12:30 AM
I like Pittsburg's chances here. Atlantic City got a tough one here I think.

Mile High Champ
03-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Pitt is in tough in this one.

Super.
03-16-2011, 12:13 PM
DeAndre Jordan is not as good as Perkins. That statement cost you my vote Pitt

FutureGM
03-16-2011, 02:22 PM
How the hell did either of these teams get their players? This is insane! All four of these semi final games are insane. The benches these guys posses as well are monsters.

That being said they couldn't have matched up better. Who would I want covering Lebron James in the playoffs? Luol Deng. Who do I want covering Amare in the playoffs? Al Horford.

I'm going with AC. Just by a bit though. Pittsburgh should have been given a higher seed though. They should be the 2 seed.

Mile High Champ
03-16-2011, 03:58 PM
keep em coming

ABOMB_56
03-16-2011, 06:35 PM
I like AC in the matchup

NYYCowboys
03-16-2011, 06:52 PM
I voted for AC. I feel like Lebron would really strive on this team that was built around him and they are very solid defensively especially inside.