PDA

View Full Version : Wojnarowski rips into David Stern

REGular
03-15-2011, 08:30 PM
The greatest columnist currently writing on the NBA finally has somebody he hates more than lebron James.

In this scathing column about David Stern he uses the current Donald Sterling fiasco to shed light on Stern's abuse of power.

Including these highlights:

The commissioner’s office will never escape this truth: In so many ways, Donald Sterling has carried out the NBA ownership vision of David Stern.

Bully and mistreat your employees.
Stern has long preached that coaches are too expensive, scouts too plentiful and perhaps no one has heeded the commissioner’s words like the Los Angeles Clippers’ owner. He has a history of hiring them cheap, and refusing to honor contracts. The NBA has a history of letting it go without protests.

This happened with scouts Scott Wissel and Jerry Holloway a year ago. They made less than six figures a year, and the Clippers simply stopped paying them. Essentially, Sterling was telling them, “The season’s over, and so what if your deal runs October to October. It’s April, get lost and we aren’t paying you.”

Van Gundy tried to make sense of 593 foul calls without so much as a flagrant foul on Dwight Howard
When Stern goes to Orlando’s ownership group, he knows it’ll soon be wondering how much of an impact Van Gundy’s mouth will have on Howard and the Magic in the playoffs. Teams tremble over retribution from Stern and fear it in the form of officiating.

Big and small markets. Winning and losing franchises. Great and lousy general managers and coaches. Old and new owners. They all agree: Don’t push Stern too hard because there will be a price to pay. Better off bowing, kissing the ring and shuffling past him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ah8ls2ixImEwjkGkpgdN.Re8vLYF?slug=aw-sternnba031511

Cano4prez
03-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Woj sucks

D Roses Bulls
03-15-2011, 08:44 PM
wojo has a point

ldawg
03-15-2011, 08:47 PM
stern is a little prick.

ldawg
03-15-2011, 08:48 PM
his time in the nba should be over by now.

mrblisterdundee
03-15-2011, 08:49 PM
Stern is kind of an omnipotent douche bag. Somebody photoshop him into the emperor's robe from Star Wars. I haven't figured out who Darth Vader is yet - maybe Donald Sterling.

Anilyzer
03-15-2011, 08:58 PM
The greatest columnist currently writing on the NBA finally has somebody he hates more than lebron James.

In this scathing column about David Stern he uses the current Donald Sterling fiasco to shed light on Stern's abuse of power.

Including these highlights:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ah8ls2ixImEwjkGkpgdN.Re8vLYF?slug=aw-sternnba031511

very impressive

GREATNESS ONE
03-15-2011, 09:24 PM
lmao.

John Walls Era
03-15-2011, 09:28 PM
If complaining makes Stern hate you, then maybe its time to stop complaining. Thats what I'm getting in this article.

REGular
03-15-2011, 09:30 PM
If complaining makes Stern hate you, then maybe its time to stop complaining. Thats what I'm getting in this article.

Really? You have no objections to the fact that teams fear the commissioner of the League can affect their opportunities in the playoffs?

John Walls Era
03-15-2011, 09:39 PM
Really? You have no objections to the fact that teams fear the commissioner of the League can affect their opportunities in the playoffs?

What can people do? No one knows what Stern can do.... but if shutting up helps then they should shut up.

AddiX
03-15-2011, 09:47 PM
I winder how true that last part is, about stern using officiating to get owners and franchises in check.

That's a scary thought, and one I think a lot of people have been wondering about.

THE GIPPER
03-15-2011, 09:51 PM

Thats fine but when the comissioner fixes games by telling the refs to favor the other team because your coach was complaining then thats a problem.

Wade>You
03-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Woj preaches to the masses of simpletons that hang on to his every word like it's the gospel.

REGular
03-15-2011, 10:01 PM
Woj preaches to the masses of simpletons that hang on to his every word like it's the gospel.

Shocked that the only people that feel this way are Heat fans . . . simply shocked.

He thinks Lebron is a spoiled, selfish, immature baby. Other than that Woj is the best there is.

EDIT: And how about you read and comment on the piece instead of simply seeing Woj's name attached and protecting your player . . .

carnage101
03-15-2011, 10:07 PM
woj has a ton of credibility at least compared to brussard hahaha
this does worry me, I feel that the refs can control an entire game with one whistle so as a fan it pisses me off but what can you do even as much as i hate david stern and his dictatorship ways i still come back and watch the game of basketball sigh!

PippensBulls
03-15-2011, 10:10 PM
The teams should establish a joint ownership of the league. One man has way too much power.

LA_Raiders
03-15-2011, 10:11 PM
Stern Sucks...

llemon
03-15-2011, 10:17 PM

Yes, that's what the new USA is about, kissing the azz of who is in charge.

llemon
03-15-2011, 10:19 PM
I winder how true that last part is, about stern using officiating to get owners and franchises in check.

That's a scary thought, and one I think a lot of people have been wondering about.

See:2006 Finals, 2007 Dallas 1st rd loss to Warriors.

THE GIPPER
03-15-2011, 10:25 PM

+ 2002 WCF kings vs lakers

evadatam5150
03-15-2011, 10:27 PM

Yep and if everyone took this asinine rederick to heart (like you apparently have) then we wouldn't be enjoying any type of freedom or laws against tyrannical oppression.. And yes, I understand this is JUST basketball, but autocracy in any fashion, Especially in a country where freedom of speech is a main tenet of our rights, is simply ridiculous.. If complaining makes Stern hate you then Stern shouldn't have the ability to squash you like a bug..

PippensBulls
03-15-2011, 10:31 PM

Hey, that's how Hitler got into power! I'm glad you paid attention in history class.

John Walls Era
03-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Yep and if everyone took this asinine rederick to heart (like you apparently have) then we wouldn't be enjoying any type of freedom or laws against tyrannical oppression.. And yes, I understand this is JUST basketball, but autocracy in any fashion, Especially in a country where freedom of speech is a main tenet of our rights, is simply ridiculous.. If complaining makes Stern hate you then Stern shouldn't have the ability to squash you like a bug..

Think about it... Stern is like the boss, you piss your boss off and things won't end well.

Yes, that's what the new USA is about, kissing the azz of who is in charge.
U-S-A...U-S-A...U-S-A...

Thats fine but when the comissioner fixes games by telling the refs to favor the other team because your coach was complaining then thats a problem.

Theres no proof of this, I don't think the writer provided any evidence.

llemon
03-15-2011, 10:39 PM
+ 2002 WCF kings vs lakers

Don't know who Stern was getting even with on that one, although Stern probably preferred Lakers in the Finals instead of Kings

THE GIPPER
03-15-2011, 10:40 PM
^^ Well no i guess there isn't for this instance but tim donaghy said there were games that he was pressured into favoring certain teams and has said that the nba fixes games

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/tim-donaghy-says-david-stern-will-make-sure-cavs-advance-1370318/

There are many other articles that show similar evidence

ESaady
03-15-2011, 10:45 PM
see:2006 finals, 2007 dallas 1st rd loss to warriors.

:cool:

Kevj77
03-15-2011, 10:52 PM
Don't know who Stern was getting even with on that one, although Stern probably preferred Lakers in the Finals instead of KingsThe conspiracy theory there is that Stern wanted it to go 7 games. That would explain why the refs favored the Kings heavily in game 2 after they lost HCA by losing game 1 at home. Why Shaq only got 1 FTA and fouled out in game 5 in Sac, which was a 1 point win for the Kings. Then the 4th quarter of game 6 when it looked really fixed, 27 FTA for the Lakers in one quarter. The officiating in that entire series sucked. It was much more then just the 4th quarter of game 6.

If you believe Tim Donaghy, which I'm not sure I do, but he said Stern wanted a game 7 in that series.

AddiX
03-15-2011, 11:00 PM

True,

It's well known stern hates Dolan, watch any Knicks game, we get no calls.

But if this is true it makes you wonder, why the heck do I care?!

I'll never forget Rasheed Wallace when said during the playoffs, that the refs would make Detroit lose the next game and let them win the next one for more ratings.

Even the players don't think it's fair, why the f should we watch anymore?

evadatam5150
03-15-2011, 11:00 PM
Think about it... Stern is like the boss, you piss your boss off and things won't end well.

U-S-A...U-S-A...U-S-A...

Theres no proof of this, I don't think the writer provided any evidence.

I have rights as an employee and as such I expect and lawfully deserve to be treated with fairness and equality.. If I piss my boss off then my boss will deal with me accordingly and fairly, if he/she does not then I can take my grievance to their superiors for resolution.. This is to insure fairness in the workplace.. My boss and I don't always see eye to eye but in the end we both work with a mutual understanding of respect which makes things move along famously..

Point is that no one should be allowed to act the way Stern acts especially when he has the type of impact that can make or break a team.. What's even more alarming in this day and age is to come across someone who basically feels that this kind of tyranny is acceptable..

Dade County
03-15-2011, 11:13 PM
True,

It's well known stern hates Dolan, watch any Knicks game, we get no calls.

But if this is true it makes you wonder, why the heck do I care?!

I'll never forget Rasheed Wallace when said during the playoffs, that the refs would make Detroit lose the next game and let them win the next one for more ratings.

Even the players don't think it's fair, why the f should we watch anymore?

You are absolutely right, why do we still watch; everyone that is not a follower can see that the games are fixed. That is america in a nut shell, we want to be lied too... faceplam for everyone :facepalm:

championships
03-15-2011, 11:16 PM
This would explain why Mark Cubans team always gets ousted in the playoffs. He talks alot and Stern hates it.

Car Ramrod
03-15-2011, 11:22 PM
This would explain why Mark Cubans team always gets ousted in the playoffs. He talks alot and Stern hates it.

It seems like an old boys club. Cuban is a great owner. Look at how he turned the Mavs around and I guarantee the players wouldn't have to pool money to help a coach pay for surgery.

Stern hates him because he doesn't follow the rules and actually cares about his players. Like him or hate him he is good for the league and I bet at all levels of the organization its a good place to work.

PippensBulls
03-15-2011, 11:25 PM
Cubes is just keeping it real. Stern hates him because he's a threat.

John Walls Era
03-15-2011, 11:27 PM
I have rights as an employee and as such I expect and lawfully deserve to be treated with fairness and equality.. If I piss my boss off then my boss will deal with me accordingly and fairly, if he/she does not then I can take my grievance to their superiors for resolution.. This is to insure fairness in the workplace.. My boss and I don't always see eye to eye but in the end we both work with a mutual understanding of respect which makes things move along famously..

Point is that no one should be allowed to act the way Stern acts especially when he has the type of impact that can make or break a team.. What's even more alarming in this day and age is to come across someone who basically feels that this kind of tyranny is acceptable..

Then don't watch (bringing this back). 1) All speculation 2) I was being devil's advocate.

^^ Well no i guess there isn't for this instance but tim donaghy said there were games that he was pressured into favoring certain teams and has said that the nba fixes games

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/tim-donaghy-says-david-stern-will-make-sure-cavs-advance-1370318/

There are many other articles that show similar evidence

Tim has no right to say anything. He lost all credibility.

John Walls Era
03-15-2011, 11:28 PM
Mavs made the finals before... so don't bring that up.

championships
03-15-2011, 11:29 PM
It seems like an old boys club. Cuban is a great owner. Look at how he turned the Mavs around and I guarantee the players wouldn't have to pool money to help a coach pay for surgery.

Stern hates him because he doesn't follow the rules and actually cares about his players. Like him or hate him he is good for the league and I bet at all levels of the organization its a good place to work.

I agree. In fact I wouldn't mind him buying the Dodgers from Mccheapo!

championships
03-15-2011, 11:31 PM
Mavs made the finals before... so don't bring that up.

And look what happened there....... Just sayin :hide:

AddiX
03-15-2011, 11:36 PM
You are absolutely right, why do we still watch; everyone that is not a follower can see that the games are fixed. That is america in a nut shell, we want to be lied too... faceplam for everyone :facepalm:

It's sad but true, everyone who saw some these series thought something was up. Everyone talks about the 06 finals.

Who remembers Miami Vs Detroit in that series? Detroit the best modern day defensive team in the NBA couldn't do anything to wade. I saw Detroit get called for fouls when wade turned the ball over, it was that bad.

Kings Vs lakers was a complete disgrace also. Kings should of been in the finals.

xabial
03-15-2011, 11:44 PM
This reporter will be looking for a new job when its all said and done. He started a war with David "NEW WORLD ORDER!" Stern. He will never report again.

Woj we hardly knew ye :pray:

abe_froman
03-15-2011, 11:44 PM
:clap: awesome hit job,much warranted

REGular
03-16-2011, 01:31 AM
Tim has no right to say anything. He lost all credibility.

Just like Jose Conseco has zero credibility to discuss steroids in baseball, right?

John Walls Era
03-16-2011, 01:34 AM
Just like Jose Conseco has zero credibility to discuss steroids in baseball, right?

Terrible counter. Tim donaghy is calling the kettle black. He can discuss about cheating, but he shouldn't point the finger at other people.

REGular
03-16-2011, 01:54 AM
Terrible counter. Tim donaghy is calling the kettle black. He can discuss about cheating, but he shouldn't point the finger at other people.

. . . How is that any different than Jose Conseco?

Everybody at the time questioned Conseco's credibility b/c he himself was a cheater . . . especially when he called out A-Rod before any further evidence came out.

Point is that Donaghy has nothing left to lose and is in a position to be more honest than the referees currently with jobs in the League.

CityofTreez
03-16-2011, 01:56 AM
As a Kings fan, I despise David Stern.

I side with Wojarowski on this one, David Stern wants the Kings in Anaheim!?!?