PDA

View Full Version : Let's Give It Up For LeBron James of the Miami Heat

ko8e24
03-15-2011, 08:27 PM
I say what's done is done. Whatever way he presented himself out to the public and the world during the summer of 2010 is now behind all of us.

I think with all the hype, the criticism, the early struggles to the 2010-2011 season, and the recent rut that the Heat got themselves out of, there has been one consistent man throughout this whole process. It has not been Dwyane Wade (missed some games at the start of season due to injury and has been inconsistent compared to past seasons), and it definitely has not been Chris Bosh....

It's been LeBron James.

I think he's acted unselfishly, with maturity, sharing the spotlight with Wade and trying to buy into Coach Spoelstra's system. I think he's embraced coming into a team that was "Wade's team". I think he's been very patient with guys who have been struggling and haven't been producing enough like Mike Miller and the rest of that Heat bench and the newly acquired Mike Bibby. I think he's been a leader on and off the floor and has led the Miami Heat through adversity, not letting the team lose any hope when Udonis Haslem went down or when the whole "Crygate" thing came out.

He's hasn't given up in any game this season, even in the ones where the Heat ended up getting blownout or just plain out looked horrible.

He's been the quintessential leader, he may not be having a better season than this yr's league MVP IMO (Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls), but I think he's made something great out of a very difficult situation that he created for himself and his team over the summer.

We should all appreciate how LeBron James has handled this deceitful and manipulative media in today's sports world, and I think every young athlete should learn how to carry themselves the way he has this season in his 1st campaign with the Miami Heat.

Thoughts.

Sadds The Gr8
03-15-2011, 08:31 PM
:cricket:

Avenged
03-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Lebron seems to be keeping low but fans always find ways to twist what he says and turn it into something that's not really there. Until he retires, he will not be fully appreciated.

shizzle09
03-15-2011, 08:32 PM
I dont even know what to say to this. Reading something thats not hate is throwing me off. lol

C-Style
03-15-2011, 08:32 PM
lol

D Roses Bulls
03-15-2011, 08:35 PM
I really have nothing productive to say about this

ko8e24
03-15-2011, 08:35 PM

Well, I did mention that Derrick Rose IMO is this yr's league MVP, so there ya go.

hugepatsfan
03-15-2011, 08:36 PM
I wouldn't say he's been a great leader. I remember when a reporter asked him and Wade about how they would lead the team through adversity and neither wanted to respond - both just waited. Plus, early in the season he kind of threw the coach under the bus.

The only "leadership" Lebron has shown, at least vocally to the media, is when he told his teamates at halftime that he promised not to keep failing them in the clutch.

Rivera
03-15-2011, 08:37 PM
lets have a classy discussion people and show the rest of PSD that the nba forum isnt a joke no ignorant post :pray:

tho i still hate lebron and probably always will he has been the most consistent player on the heat and probably the best player in the nba

gotta give him credit for playing well...but in all reality he has become the new arod

which is not all that bad....just as far as fans and media go

ko8e24
I wouldn't say he's been a great leader. I remember when a reporter asked him and Wade about how they would lead the team through adversity and neither wanted to respond - both just waited. Plus, early in the season he kind of threw the coach under the bus.

The only "leadership" Lebron has shown, at least vocally to the media, is when he told his teamates at halftime that he promised not to keep failing them in the clutch.

Sometimes, not answering the media's dumbass and instigating-type of questions is the wisest thing to do.

D Roses Bulls
Well, I did mention that Derrick Rose IMO is this yr's league MVP, so there ya go.

I didn't read that part, but I can already say that is the best part of this thread :D

ko8e24
03-15-2011, 08:39 PM
I didn't read that part, but I can already say that is the best part of this thread :D

;)

ManRam
03-15-2011, 08:41 PM
All I have to say...

When his career is over, those who were to preoccupied hating this guy with every atom in their body are really going to be upset that they missed the chance to sit back and enjoy watching him play. He really is something else. Yes, he has his flaws, but who didn't? There never has been anyone that's flawless.

And this is kind of a "well, duh" thread. Did you expect him to be selfish? Did you expect him to give up? Did you expect him not to be a leader? I mean, those three things were obvious when he came here. If you did, I don't know what LeBron you've been watching for his career. Maybe he gave up in one series last year (the rest of his team didn't show up), but none of those things have ever even been questions for him :shrug:

It's always easy to find a way to spin anything into a negative when we look to do so every chance we get. There has NEVER been a player that we try so eagerly to do so more than LeBron. I truly believe that.

Let the hate begin. We love to do it.

mrs rose
03-15-2011, 08:41 PM
well,
miami heat fan here i didnt like lebron before he got to miami. and when he came here i was like meh, i was really happy that wade signed more than anything to be honest with you.

But he has kindof grown on me, i think in cleveland the pressure of the media, gave a perception on who he was but thats not truly the case. But only time will tell the robotic style stern wants these guys to play in is silly, you cant celebrate without getting a call against you. I think lebron HAS humbled himself and now that the crush the media has on him is over we are witnessing the true lebron. The guy who really doesnt want to be the one who has to take the SHOT to win games, thats more of wades demeanor than anything i said that from day one. Even though he is one of the most gifted players we have ever seen this far, doesnt mean he had to pattern MJ. Everybody else wanted that, but i do think he did drink that kool-aid for a while and it was bitter with NO sugar. So he decided to do what was best to be a contender for years to come.

I mean he didnt commit a crime, nor was it not illegal what he did. It was just the FIRST time it was ever done in their PRIME. If he would have stayed their many years and then did it i still think the media would have accepted it more. We always see that change takes time to understand, and accept. When MJ first started flying in the air sticking his tongue out some thought it was SHOWBOATING and uncall for, but now its accepted... Also you see other players doing it now after he left referring to what lebron did....

I just hope he stays humbled, and helps bring the title to SOUTH BEACH

Sixerlover
03-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Lebron seems to be keeping low but fans always find ways to twist what he says and turn it into something that's not really there. Until he retires, he will not be fully appreciated.

:up:

ko8e24
03-15-2011, 08:47 PM
All I have to say...

And this is kind of a "well, duh" thread. Did you expect him to be selfish? Did you expect him to give up? Did you expect him not to be a leader? I mean, those three things were obvious when he came here. If you did, I don't know what LeBron you've been watching for his career. Maybe he gave up in one series last year (the rest of his team didn't show up), but none of those things have ever even been questions for him :shrug:

Don't take away from this thread by these sarcastic type of posts ManRam. You always say that we bash on LeBron too much, and when I've decided to appreciate the man for once, you go all haywire. Just stop ManRam, sometimes you take things too far, and you treat yourself greater than most if not all the NBA PSD members. You're nothing more than a guy taking part in a sports forum, just like the rest of us. Don't treat yourself like a king in every post or thread.

....and after all of that rant....

I still love ya man. ;)

D Roses Bulls
03-15-2011, 08:53 PM
All I have to say...

When his career is over, those who were to preoccupied hating this guy with every atom in their body are really going to be upset that they missed the chance to sit back and enjoy watching him play. He really is something else. Yes, he has his flaws, but who didn't? There never has been anyone that's flawless.

It's always easy to find a way to spin anything into a negative when we look to do so every chance we get. There has NEVER been a player that we try so eagerly to do so more than LeBron. I truly believe that.

Let the hate begin. We love to do it.

as a person who has seen lebron a dozen times playing in person and even met the guy a couple times i will say this. he is pretty fun too watch, the man is talented, but lets get this strait. the man is very good, but I dont think though like I said he will be one of those guys unless he totally changes his game for the best that I will tell my grand kids I wish they saw play. as i said before, I have met the guy a couple times which probably most people on this site cant say that they have and the man is as arrogant and a jerk in person as he seems on tv. I have never liked kobe but at least he was always good to the fans, i dont like players who dont treat the fans who pay their bills and give them million with respect. i will miss kobe when he retires cause even though i dislike him, he was great too watch, when lebron retires I wont miss him one bit.

ldawg
03-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Lebron has been great all year but he has also been the biggest distraction to the team all year as well. They are a better team when he shares the Ball, Bosh and Bench get lost when he tries to do to much. I think the coach want to stangle him sometimes but he can't. Lebron had somthing to prove and he played like that all year but if they want to win it all he has to make that sacrifice and scale his game back. Lebron has been here before plenty times. Wade and Bosh esspecially Bosh has to Lead the team while Lebron fill the gaps.

ManRam
03-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Don't take away from this thread by these sarcastic type of posts ManRam. You always say that we bash on LeBron too much, and when I've decided to appreciate the man for once, you go all haywire. Just stop ManRam, sometimes you take things too far, and you treat yourself greater than most if not all the NBA PSD members. You're nothing more than a guy taking part in a sports forum, just like the rest of us. Don't treat yourself like a king in every post or thread.

....and after all of that rant....

I still love ya man. ;)

A) I am an incredibly sarcastic person, and it doesn't work well on internet message boards.

For me, appreciation threads like these just don't make sense. I'm glad you did it, because obviously, I'm glad he gets appreciation. He never gets it. Hell, I doubt a lot of people will give him his props, like Avenged said, until his career is over.

I didn't try to come off as holier than though, it's just I truly don't get why people don't see him as a leader, competitor and a selfless player. Didn't mean to sound snarky. I swear. I know I have that problem, however. I'm still sounding like an *** as I continue to talk...so I'll stop ;)

StriveGreatness
03-15-2011, 09:01 PM
as a person who has seen lebron a dozen times playing in person and even met the guy a couple times i will say this. he is pretty fun too watch, the man is talented, but lets get this strait. the man is very good, but I dont think though like I said he will be one of those guys unless he totally changes his game for the best that I will tell my grand kids I wish they saw play. as i said before, I have met the guy a couple times which probably most people on this site cant say that they have and the man is as arrogant and a jerk in person as he seems on tv. I have never liked kobe but at least he was always good to the fans, i dont like players who dont treat the fans who pay their bills and give them million with respect. i will miss kobe when he retires cause even though i dislike him, he was great too watch, when lebron retires I wont miss him one bit.

are you drunk?

D Roses Bulls
03-15-2011, 09:02 PM
are you drunk?

very.............. but if your goin to try and defend lebron to me, save it

justinnum1
03-15-2011, 09:02 PM
are you drunk?

lol

D Roses Bulls
03-15-2011, 09:05 PM
I just find it funny, the same people who hated lebron last year and wad defending wade, saying how much better wade was more then lebron are now on lebrons dick and saying wade isnt the leader of the team and stuff. man, what a change of uniform will do to people i guess.

jneises21
03-15-2011, 09:08 PM
The man has a chance to end up being the goat...and its nice to see the way he has handled things....Jordan was never hated like Lebron, and I don't think Lebron has deserved it

ManRam
03-15-2011, 09:10 PM
I just find it funny, the same people who hated lebron last year and wad defending wade, saying how much better wade was more then lebron are now on lebrons dick and saying wade isnt the leader of the team and stuff. man, what a change of uniform will do to people i guess.

A) Who?
B) What's wrong with people realizing that LeBron is the best player on the planet? Why can't people change opinions? The team changed, why do things have to stay the same even in despite of change?

I think the whole point of this thread was for ONCE provide a place to just give the man some freaking props. It would be really nice to have a place to do so. I think for the rest of us it would be very nice to either give him some credit, because if you truly think he deserves none, you're crazy. If you do not want to, please go to one of the 100s of threads over the last month or two where he can easily be bashed.

ko8e24
03-15-2011, 09:15 PM
The man has a chance to end up being the goat...and its nice to see the way he has handled things....Jordan was never hated like Lebron, and I don't think Lebron has deserved it

This I don't agree with. I don't think he will ever been in the GOAT discussion with the upper echelon of the top 10s like MJ, Kareem, Magic, Russell, Wilt, Bird and Kobe. Kobe is going to be in that discussion when it's all said and done.

When LeBron retires, he will be in the discussion of cracking top 10 as he will be in the realm of Shaq, Jerry West, Duncan, Hakeem, the Big O and Moses. He will be in that lower half of top 10 IMO.

IamKaiserSoze
03-15-2011, 09:17 PM
A) Who?
B) What's wrong with people realizing that LeBron is the best player on the planet? Why can't people change opinions? The team changed, why do things have to stay the same even in despite of change?

I think the whole point of this thread was for ONCE provide a place to just give the man some freaking props. It would be really nice to have a place to do so. I think for the rest of us it would be very nice to either give him some credit, because if you truly think he deserves none, you're crazy. If you do not want to, please go to one of the 100s of threads over the last month or two where he can easily be bashed.

come on. lebron has received plenty of love, plenty of appreciation. it wasn't till this last offseason that people soured on him. but to say he has never gotten any acknowledgement is wrong. he was considered one of the best. he might even still be. he is just disliked more now. people can think you're great and still not like you. barry bonds, anyone?

krazylegz
03-15-2011, 09:18 PM
yeah.....he's still a weiner

ldawg
03-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Skills Jordan>Kobe>Wade>Lebron
Strength Lebron>Jordan>Wade>Kobe
Drive to be the best Jordan=Kobe>Wade=Lebron
Speed Wade>Lebron>Jordan>Kobe
hops Jordan>Lebron>Kobe=Wade
Winner Jordan>Kobe>Wade>Lebron
Best raw talent and Potential Lebron>Jordan>Kobe>Wade

in a draft i would pick Lebron 10 out of 10 times
After seeing the first 7 years of Playing Jordan>Kobe>Wdae>Lebron

ManRam
03-15-2011, 09:22 PM
This I don't agree with. I don't think he will ever been in the GOAT discussion with the upper echelon of the top 10s like MJ, Kareem, Magic, Russell, Wilt, Bird and Kobe. Kobe is going to be in that discussion when it's all said and done.

When LeBron retires, he will be in the discussion of cracking top 10 as he will be in the realm of Shaq, Jerry West, Duncan, Hakeem, the Big O and Moses. He will be in that lower half of top 10 IMO.

I don't think we have any idea of what his legacy will be. He's 26. MJ didn't win 'til he was 27. LeBron already does have two MVPs, a Finals appearance and a statistical headstart on both MJ and Kobe. However, and it has been reinforced this year, he does have that questionable "clutchness". That will hurt him a bit.

But we're getting ahead of ourselves. And that's the problem.

The fact that we're arguing his legacy when he's 26, isn't really something we should doing. I don't like the notion that we're already predetermining his destiny. It suggests that we have aspirations and wishes of how we want him to go down. Seems like we already are admitting that we are going to let our biases get in the way, instead of just let it play out.

But yes, as of now...the GOAT talk is premature. But any legacy talk is premature. That shouldn't occur until a player's twilight.

BcEuAbRsS
03-15-2011, 09:25 PM
I fully appreciate Lebron's game and recognize him as being one of the all-time greats... I just want him to lose every single game while he is on the Heat...

lakeshow3peat
03-15-2011, 09:27 PM
For what he hasnt accomplished anything yet

ldawg
03-15-2011, 09:29 PM
I fully appreciate Lebron's game and recognize him as being one of the all-time greats... I just want him to lose every single game while he is on the Heat...Your not alone. However i don't think of him as great his games still has plenty holes when the refs don't let him bowl over people.

ElMarroAfamado
03-15-2011, 09:30 PM
No. and stop praising the Heat because they won a couple of games against the sorry *** teams. Stop. Lebrick will be the reason the Heat lose in the playoffs and wait till then to make threads like this.

ElMarroAfamado
For what he hasnt accomplished anything yet

dont you know?
The Heat are winning 8 titles in a row

jneises21

I didn't mean it like he is already in the talks...but your crazy if he doesn't have a chance...he's still got a long career ahead of him as long as his body holds up

D Roses Bulls
03-15-2011, 09:31 PM
I don't think we have any idea of what his legacy will be. He's 26. MJ didn't win 'til he was 27. LeBron already does have two MVPs, a Finals appearance and a statistical headstart on both MJ and Kobe. However, and it has been reinforced this year, he does have that questionable "clutchness". That will hurt him a bit.

But we're getting ahead of ourselves. And that's the problem.

The fact that we're arguing his legacy when he's 26, isn't really something we should doing. I don't like the notion that we're already predetermining his destiny. It suggests that we have aspirations and wishes of how we want him to go down. Seems like we already are admitting that we are going to let our biases get in the way, instead of just let it play out.

But yes, as of now...the GOAT talk is premature. But any legacy talk is premature. That shouldn't occur until a player's twilight.

apples and oranges. kobe at 26 had 3 championships and made it to 4 finals and he is almost at the end of his career and is kobe and no matter what he does he will not be anywhere near jordan in the terms of the goat. just sayin..... anyways arguing about lebron with some people is like arguing with a brick wall. im done with this discussion

BcEuAbRsS
03-15-2011, 09:32 PM
No. and stop praising the Heat because they won a couple of games against the sorry *** teams. Stop. Lebrick will be the reason the Heat lose in the playoffs and wait till then to make threads like this.

Spurs, Lakers, and Memphis are harldy sorry *** teams... Do u really think that Lebron sucks?

Hoopsadvocate
03-15-2011, 09:33 PM

Its even funnier that the people who wanted lebron to come to there team over the summer now hate him now that he went somewhere else.

lakeshow3peat
03-15-2011, 09:33 PM
dont you know?
The Heat are winning 8 titles in a row

lol yeah i would say that wont happen
i give them 2 titles

ldawg
03-15-2011, 09:34 PM
apples and oranges. kobe at 26 had 3 championships and made it to 4 finals and he is almost at the end of his career and is kobe and no matter what he does he will not be anywhere near jordan in the terms of the goat. just sayin..... anyways arguing about lebron with some people is like arguing with a brick wall. im done with this discussionYep its not How many rings you got but how you got them. Like Lebron said this is going to be easy. Jordan could not say that.

IamKaiserSoze
03-15-2011, 09:35 PM
apples and oranges. kobe at 26 had 3 championships and made it to 4 finals and he is almost at the end of his career and is kobe and no matter what he does he will not be anywhere near jordan in the terms of the goat. just sayin..... anyways arguing about lebron with some people is like arguing with a brick wall. im done with this discussion

i think we should remove the goat possibilty out of the equation for a moment. to be considered, you have to be the best player of your era. as great as lebron is, kobe would get my vote.

JNA17
03-15-2011, 09:36 PM
yay

ldawg
03-15-2011, 09:37 PM
Spurs, Lakers, and Memphis are harldy sorry *** teams... Do u really think that Lebron sucks?He is not suck but you have to admit he is only good in todays game. Not to mention he is playing with and not against the best. To be the best you got to beat the best not hide under their wings.

ldawg
03-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Sorry but Lebron is not the Best player i have Watched play.

The Flash
03-15-2011, 09:39 PM
Great another thread on Lebron!

Flash3
03-15-2011, 09:39 PM

i know we were both probably expecting a Lebron bash thread i was surprised while you were probably a little disappointed :D

BcEuAbRsS
03-15-2011, 09:41 PM
He is not suck but you have to admit he is only good in todays game. Not to mention he is playing with and not against the best

Huh? Look I may hate the Heat and hate Lebron because of the crap he did this offseason, but I still think he is the best player in the game right now... great passer, rebounder, scorer, defensive player...

Dallas Tx4Life
03-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Huh? Look I may hate the Heat and hate Lebron because of the crap he did this offseason, but I still think he is the best player in the game right now... great passer, rebounder, scorer, defensive player...

its definitely few and far between to find a player with no holes in his game... i didnt call him perfect, he just has no gaping holes.

Flash3
03-15-2011, 09:47 PM

lol. what did he do to you ? i saw yi jianlian once i asked him for a autograph and dude completely snubbed as if he was a huge star...

D Roses Bulls
03-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Its even funnier that the people who wanted lebron to come to there team over the summer now hate him now that he went somewhere else.

ugh..... people that dont do their homework on posters before making claims. who didnt want lebron? but did i start disliking him over the summer? no, go back to last year. i have been a lebron basher since i started on psd.

MacManus
03-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Ya know, this is really the type of thread that needs to wait until the season's over...

Dallas Tx4Life
03-15-2011, 09:50 PM
lol. what did he do to you ? i saw yi jianlian once i asked him for a autograph and dude completely snubbed as if he was a huge star...

hahah whaaaaat?!? what a d-bag.. i wonder if wang zhi-zhi was the same way

Hoopsadvocate
03-15-2011, 09:51 PM

So?? Ive met and had friends who've met MJ and have said he acts like a jerk many times towards fans. And im not mad at him. Heck hes one of my fav all time players.

Dont be so sensitive its a terrible reason not to like someone.

IamKaiserSoze
03-15-2011, 09:53 PM
someone earlier compared lebron to shaq. and i think it is a good comparison. here is why. shaq was so big and so strong, no one could stop him. and he could have been (arguably) the best center ever. but he never really developed. he could have learned to shoot free throws. he could have developed an outside jumper. or even a sky hook. but he didn't. he was just big shaq in the middle. how has lebron's game changed? is he learning? growing as a player? developing a different aspect of his game? he has the body to be a dominant inside body like karl malone, yet he shoots jumpers. he isn't a great outside shot, but is he developing one? i don't think he is a great free throw shooter, but do you think he works on his free throws?

for people who want him to be the best, he has the tools. but does he have the drive to get better? or is he happy with what he can already do?

D Roses Bulls
03-15-2011, 09:53 PM

he was just a big jerk, not once, but twice and he was a jerk to some 7-9 year olds that wanted autographs.

Dallas Tx4Life
03-15-2011, 09:54 PM
So?? Ive met and had friends who've met MJ and have said he acts like a jerk many times towards fans. And im not mad at him. Heck hes one of my fav all time players.

exactly, i was waiting for this... everyone wants to pull the michael jordan comparison out the second lebron doesnt meet it but when its for negative things, mj was a saint. that is a very twisted view to take. mj is notoriously arrogant and a jerk. heck, most athletes are. not everyone is going to be dikembe mutombo

D Roses Bulls
03-15-2011, 09:54 PM

lol...... ive met jordan too and he wasnt a jerk during his career to most fans and he wasnt a jerk to kids especially

jneises21
03-15-2011, 09:56 PM
lol...... ive met jordan too and he wasnt a jerk during his career to most fans and he wasnt a jerk to kids most definitely

So your judging a player by one day? Jordan was known to be a prick, and he was pretty damn cocky

Dallas Tx4Life
03-15-2011, 09:57 PM
someone earlier compared lebron to shaq. and i think it is a good comparison. here is why. shaq was so big and so strong, no one could stop him. and he could have been (arguably) the best center ever. but he never really developed. he could have learned to shoot free throws. he could have developed an outside jumper. or even a sky hook. but he didn't. he was just big shaq in the middle. how has lebron's game changed? is he learning? growing as a player? developing a different aspect of his game? he has the body to be a dominant inside body like karl malone, yet he shoots jumpers. he isn't a great outside shot, but is he developing one? i don't think he is a great free throw shooter, but do you think he works on his free throws?

for people who want him to be the best, he has the tools. but does he have the drive to get better? or is he happy with what he can already do?

do you really see no improvement in his jumpshot/3 point shooting? hes definitely gotten better... free throws are a different story

Hoopsadvocate
03-15-2011, 09:58 PM
lol...... ive met jordan too and he wasnt a jerk during his career to most fans and he wasnt a jerk to kids most definitely

Point is MJ isnt a saint by any means and was very arrogant and cocky during his career and after but u didnt mind with him but with lebron its a mortal sin? And hes not allowed to be liked because he refused to give u an autograph? (which like i realized with MJ, he probably had good reason to because he may have been exhuasted had a bad day or been tired giving them out all day or w/e reason we do not know)

These guys are out there to play and give there effort for our enjoyment not to be your bestfriend. The double standard is stupid.

Flash3
03-15-2011, 10:01 PM
mj was a much bigger d-bag than lebron.. lebron is an ******* though damn guy isnt responding to my tweets :(

ko8e24
03-15-2011, 10:02 PM
This isn't a thread about Michael Jordan. This is a thread about LeBron James.

Stick to what is relevant and what my opening post is about.

Hoopsadvocate
03-15-2011, 10:06 PM

Um if someones saying refuting ur point by irrationally judging a person on something that another player has done and hasnt recieved criticism for then ya it fits.

Dallas Tx4Life
03-15-2011, 10:07 PM

true that... d-bag or not, lebron james is one of the two best players in the nba. if they would tell the truth about it, even cleveland fans would agree. to say otherwise is pure hatred and slightly ********. i hope he pulls off the mvp for the three-peat.. even though rose will get it

Hoopsadvocate
mj was a much bigger d-bag than lebron.. lebron is an ******* though damn guy isnt responding to my tweets :(

Sorry man guess this means ur only logical move is to no longer be a HEAT fan anymore : (.

PippensBulls
He hasn't done anything special this season. Neither for himself or for his team.

ldawg
03-15-2011, 10:14 PM
He hasn't done anything special this season. Neither for himself or for his team.true that, what has he done? Last time i look he was still a sore looser. lets wait until June where he always chokes. Oh crap i forgot he got big brother Wade to close out for him now. some goat he is going to make.

Jewelz0376
03-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Eh..He's a great player no doubt, but I'm just not a Lebron fan.. I'll admit his arrogance annoys me, but there have been plenty of players in different sports that had huge ego's that I was a fan of (kobe, deion, roy jones, etc..)...I think all the excuses that are made for him almost makes me not like him as a player, which probably is fair ,but O well it is what it is I'm not a fan, but i respect his game...I'm curious to hear what excuse there will be for him if he doesn't win it this year...

ldawg
03-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Eh..He's a great player no doubt, but I'm just not a Lebron fan.. I'll admit his arrogance annoys me, but there have been plenty of players in different sports that had huge ego's that I was a fan of (kobe, deion, roy jones, etc..)...I think all the excuses that are made for him almost makes me not like him as a player, which probably is fair ,but O well it is what it is I'm not a fan, but i respect his game...I'm curious to hear what excuse there will be for him if he doesn't win it this year...It is Always the coach or the guy who screw his mom fault. West must have been drunk high or somthing. Man she looks just like Lebron with a wig and thats not a good thing.

ldawg
03-15-2011, 10:27 PM
ok time to close

Dallas Tx4Life
03-15-2011, 10:32 PM
It is Always the coach or the guy who screw his mom fault. West must have been drunk high or somthing. Man she looks just like Lebron with a wig and thats not a good thing.

you can chalk it up as a worthless excuse but it looks like coaching means something in the nba, does it not? look who wins... lakers, spurs, celtics... phil jackson=great coach, instant HOF.. popovich=great coach, instant HOF... doc rivers= great coach, who knows as far as the hall goes...

lebron? paul silas....mike brown... erik spoelstra...

that means something

northsider
03-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Jordan didn't have to look at me, smile at me, like me, sign my pathetic autograph.

He gave my team and city 6 championships.

Not sure why he was brought into this in the first place.

I don't hate Bron like most I thought the whole ESPN circus was stupid but, I am sure that had more to do with people wanting to endorse the **** out of the whole event. Either way he is an ammmmaazzinnng player and you can hate him all you want but, you should at least appreciate that he is one of the best you will probably see.

More-Than-Most
03-15-2011, 10:34 PM
I said it from the very beginning... I have no problem with what he did because he was a free agent period. James did not owe the cavs or any other team/player/coach/Front office anything. That being said the way he went about it was a big flashy spectacle and that was a bit far but he wanted the publicity and it was for a good cause when it involved the kids. So all in all I had no problem with him from day one.

kjoke
03-15-2011, 10:35 PM
Maybe lebron did snub you and you feel butt hurt, im not gonna defend the guy for that but if you put yourself in his place, everywhere he goes everyone wants his autograph, if he gives it to one than he has to give it to all. I saw wade at boomers a while back, he was with his kids and a whole bunch load of kids came up to him and he said no, and thats understandable. Lebron has given his share to the world but he is no ghandi he is no angel who does nothing but cure cancer and gives his time, he does his part in moderation because he has to live his life as well.

PippensBulls
03-15-2011, 10:37 PM
you can chalk it up as a worthless excuse but it looks like coaching means something in the nba, does it not? look who wins... lakers, spurs, celtics... phil jackson=great coach, instant HOF.. popovich=great coach, instant HOF... doc rivers= great coach, who knows as far as the hall goes...

lebron? paul silas....mike brown... erik spoelstra...

that means something

LeBron's skillset doesn't fit into an offense that doesn't feature a high pick and roll as its main weapon.

And an offense that features a high pick and roll as its main weapon hasn't produced a championship.

goose15
03-15-2011, 10:37 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Lebron :clap: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

AIRMAR72
03-15-2011, 10:39 PM
I say what's done is done. Whatever way he presented himself out to the public and the world during the summer of 2010 is now behind all of us.

I think with all the hype, the criticism, the early struggles to the 2010-2011 season, and the recent rut that the Heat got themselves out of, there has been one consistent man throughout this whole process. It has not been Dwyane Wade (missed some games at the start of season due to injury and has been inconsistent compared to past seasons), and it definitely has not been Chris Bosh....

It's been LeBron James.

I think he's acted unselfishly, with maturity, sharing the spotlight with Wade and trying to buy into Coach Spoelstra's system. I think he's embraced coming into a team that was "Wade's team". I think he's been very patient with guys who have been struggling and haven't been producing enough like Mike Miller and the rest of that Heat bench and the newly acquired Mike Bibby. I think he's been a leader on and off the floor and has led the Miami Heat through adversity, not letting the team lose any hope when Udonis Haslem went down or when the whole "Crygate" thing came out.

He's hasn't given up in any game this season, even in the ones where the Heat ended up getting blownout or just plain out looked horrible.

He's been the quintessential leader, he may not be having a better season than this yr's league MVP IMO (Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls), but I think he's made something great out of a very difficult situation that he created for himself and his team over the summer.

We should all appreciate how LeBron James has handled this deceitful and manipulative media in today's sports world, and I think every young athlete should learn how to carry themselves the way he has this season in his 1st campaign with the Miami Heat.

Thoughts.

i agree.. well said

Dallas Tx4Life
03-15-2011, 10:40 PM
LeBron's skillset doesn't fit into an offense that doesn't feature a high pick and roll as its main weapon.

And an offense that features a high pick and roll as its main weapon hasn't produced a championship.

a good coach could fit lebron into any type of offense he wants to put him in... dont act like lebron couldnt play in a different type

PippensBulls
03-15-2011, 10:45 PM
a good coach could fit lebron into any type of offense he wants to put him in... dont act like lebron couldnt play in a different type

I didn't say he couldn't play, just said that his strengths won't be utilized as well.

LeBron wouldn't put up these numbers if you put him in the triangle offense.

Avenged
03-15-2011, 10:56 PM
I like Lebron, always have aside from his first years.. that's mainly because I was on the Melo bandwagon. I instantly became a fan when I saw what he was doing in Cleveland and took that franchise to an NBA Finals, an event he and his team had no place being. After that, it's all history. Still like him, but the reason why I don't want him to really succeed is because of Kobe. I don't want him to surpass him legacy wise, which will still be really hard for him to do.

Dallas Tx4Life
03-15-2011, 11:00 PM
I like Lebron, always have aside from his first years.. that's mainly because I was on the Melo bandwagon. I instantly became a fan when I saw what he was doing in Cleveland and took that franchise to an NBA Finals, an event he and his team had no place being. After that, it's all history. Still like him, but the reason why I don't want him to really succeed is because of Kobe. I don't want him to surpass him legacy wise, which will still be really hard for him to do.

as a HUGE lebron fan, i'll be the first to say that it is so unlikely for him to ever pass kobe. you gotta remember the jump start kobe had to his career... he got to be the second guy to the best player in the nba at the time in shaq... he's also had the best coach ever for most of his career. lebron has had and will have neither

Sixerlover
03-15-2011, 11:05 PM
Yeah I'm the biggest LeBron fan around, but Kobe had 3 titles before he was LeBron's age now and an entire rise and fall and beginning another rise of his career. He could have essentially retired at 25 and been in the HOF lol.

LeBron would have to get 4 rings 4 finals MVP's consecutively at this point to be in the discussion. I'll put Kobe in the top 10 all time achievement and talent wise. LeBron has a ways to go

LA_Raiders
03-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Wade should ask for a trade before his naickname becomes sidekick...

THECHAMP731
03-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Enough with lebron..he will never be kobe!

PippensBulls
03-15-2011, 11:17 PM
as a HUGE lebron fan, i'll be the first to say that it is so unlikely for him to ever pass kobe. you gotta remember the jump start kobe had to his career... he got to be the second guy to the best player in the nba at the time in shaq... he's also had the best coach ever for most of his career. lebron has had and will have neither

Jump start? You mean when the man came off the bench during his first two years? When Shaq took all the fame and glory during the 3-peat years? When Phil would constantly ignore Bryant and go to O'Neal even though he was rendered useless during the last 5 minutes of big games?

Dallas Tx4Life
03-15-2011, 11:18 PM
Jump start? You mean when the man came off the bench during his first two years? When Shaq took all the fame and glory during the 3-peat years? When Phil would constantly ignore Bryant and go to O'Neal even though he was rendered useless during the last 5 minutes of big games?

exactly. the same guy that would have had more if he didnt run shaq and phil out of LA with his b****assness

PippensBulls
03-15-2011, 11:25 PM
exactly. the same guy that would have had more if he didnt run shaq and phil out of LA with his b****assness

OK :rolleyes:

Dallas Tx4Life
03-15-2011, 11:26 PM
OK :rolleyes:

lol you really dont think the lakers would have won more? i think they would have at least won one more if not a couple....

knightstemplar
03-15-2011, 11:34 PM

who cares, kobe doesnt need shaq

if shaq woulda just let kobe be the man after his prime was done.......

PippensBulls
03-15-2011, 11:34 PM
lol you really dont think the lakers would have won more? i think they would have at least won one more if not a couple....

Most of their key players were on the verge of retirement. I mean, when you have Slava Medvedenko and Devean George starting for half the season, you know the depth of your team is nonexistent.

Plus it was Jerry Buss who didn't want Shaq around.

And what does this have to do with LeBron?

knightstemplar
03-15-2011, 11:36 PM

kobe and shaq in 06 and 07 and 08, with kobe in his prime thats another 3peat rite there possibly

Steelers23_06
03-15-2011, 11:36 PM
man this really made my day especially because its from another teams fan. iwas just saying earlier how nobody respects us for no reason. thanks man :clap:

PippensBulls
03-15-2011, 11:37 PM
kobe and shaq in 06 and 07 and 08, with kobe in his prime thats another 3peat rite there possibly

I hope you were being sarcastic.

knightstemplar
03-15-2011, 11:40 PM
I hope you were being sarcastic.

im not, kobe in his prime, when he dropped 81, 62 in 3, 4 straight 50 point games
he just didnt have a team in 05-08, with shaq, its atleast 1 ring

PippensBulls
03-15-2011, 11:50 PM
im not, kobe in his prime, when he dropped 81, 62 in 3, 4 straight 50 point games
he just didnt have a team in 05-08, with shaq, its atleast 1 ring

:facepalm:

O'Neal was making 20+ million during those years. Him and Kobe would've taken more than half of their salary cap. Plus there's no way the Lakers would've traded for him.

Avenged
03-15-2011, 11:57 PM

Going a little off-topic here but:

Yes, most likely..

But I think it was a GREAT career move by Kobe. Had Shaq stayed and both have won more, all that credit would have gone to Shaq. The 3-peat run is all credited to Shaq. We wouldn't be hearing "Kobe has 3 rings thanks to Shaq", we'd be hearing "Kobe has 4-5 rings thanks to Shaq".. All in all, Shaq left and Kobe was breaking records, records he most likely would not have broke had Shaq stayed.

Pau Gasol would most likely not have been a Laker, thus leaving Kobe 2 rings short as being "the man".

Arch Stanton
03-15-2011, 11:59 PM
I feel like this thread is telling us who we should admire.

Hawkize31
03-16-2011, 02:42 AM
Yeah I'm the biggest LeBron fan around, but Kobe had 3 titles before he was LeBron's age now and an entire rise and fall and beginning another rise of his career. He could have essentially retired at 25 and been in the HOF lol.

LeBron would have to get 4 rings 4 finals MVP's consecutively at this point to be in the discussion. I'll put Kobe in the top 10 all time achievement and talent wise. LeBron has a ways to go

There are some knowledgeable fans on PSD, but noone seems to get that championships are a team sport. The Lakers won several titles with Kobe Bryant as a player. Kobe did not win any of those titles individually. Just like Lebron did not eliminate his team from the playoffs on his own.

Why do we keep treating titles like they are won or lost by 1 player?