PDA

View Full Version : Is the East a lot better in 2011 than it was in 2010?

Albrecht Duerer
03-15-2011, 10:27 AM
I'm just asking. It's just a question of general interest but Im also kind of specifically interested in this as it relates to the Celtics. Ive seen a number of comments about how the Celtics feel like they can rest players for the play offs. Many will point to last year when they did this. Is last years approach more of a gamble this year? Is it an act of hubris?

Also would you say that Orlando in 2011 is better than the 2010 version? What about Atlanta in adding Hinrich?

And lets not forget a couple of upstarts who are currently in the bottom half of the bracket in Philadelphia and New York. This isnt exclusively about the top teams in the East. Do you think the bottom half of the Eastern bracket is sizing up to be obviously better than last year?

islandprince
03-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Yes It Is The East Is Top Now In My Opinion

Rocketsfan85
03-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Yea there better but the west is more balanced there's always 2-3 teams that won't make the playoffs but will be .500 or better

heattiltheend94
03-15-2011, 10:48 AM
The top 7 teams in the east are better. THe rest are worse. This sums it all up

MagicHero3
03-15-2011, 10:49 AM
yes

allSUAVE
03-15-2011, 10:49 AM
I believe so and its only getting better.

Heater4life
03-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Beyond the Bulls, Heat, and Celts. You have a very good Orlando squad imo that is still learning how to fit their pieces together and will be very dangerous come playoff time. You have Atlanta, which is my playoff sleeper. Hinrich is a huge addition because of his defensive prowess. He will disrupt Miami, Boston, Chicago,etc on offensive sets due to our guard heavy play, in a more physical playoff atomosphere he shines. Then throw in New York (as if they were a throw in), any team with two of the leagues most dynamic scores and a veteran PG whom is as clutch and gritty as anyone.

The East is definitely deeper this year.

29$JerZ
03-15-2011, 10:59 AM
No
The East got weaker.

With LeBron going to Miami and Bosh as well Cleveland/Toronto fell to the bottom of the East.

Boston/Chicago/Atlanta/Orlando/Miami were already good last year The only other teams who got noticeably better are New York and Philly
Other than that the East got really weak imo. Look at the records of everyone after the 7th seed.

Albrecht Duerer
03-15-2011, 11:05 AM
No
The East got weaker.

With LeBron going to Miami and Bosh as well Cleveland/Toronto fell to the bottom of the East.

Boston/Chicago/Atlanta/Orlando/Miami were already good last year The only other teams who got noticeably better are New York and Philly
Other than that the East got really weak imo. Look at the records of everyone after the 7th seed.

Perhaps I should have specified this at the outset but I was kind of talking in terms of the teams in the playoffs.

PrettyBoyJ
03-15-2011, 11:08 AM
The top 7 teams in the east are better. THe rest are worse. This sums it all up

This

Heater4life
03-15-2011, 03:10 PM
No
The East got weaker.

:eyebrow:

bulls_world23
03-15-2011, 03:12 PM
East > West atleast this season. IMO

you have Melo, Stat,D.Will, Boozer joining the East

Tony_Starks
03-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Nope. You still have about 3 serious contenders, a couple of fringe teams, and the rest are no good. Albeit better recordwise than last year, but not teams to be taken seriously at all. Outside of Boston, Orl, Mia and now Chicago the rest of the teams are extremely beatable on a nightly basis. The Indy's, and Philly's of the world just take turns beating up on each other.

Put it like this, as horrible as New Jersey's record is they are within 5 games behind the 8th spot. That pretty much sums it up.

bovice163
03-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Top heavy yes, better, probably not. Just compare the standings between the East/West, and you'll see that the West still has more +.500 teams than the East.

Arch Stanton
03-15-2011, 03:24 PM
I think the East is top heavy. But the west is deeper. The East has 7 teams over .500 but the West has 10 almost 11 over .500.

JordansBulls
03-16-2011, 03:08 PM
No
The East got weaker.

Definitely not weaker. Atlanta was the 3rd seed last year.