PDA

View Full Version : Inequality of Hate

jkcronyn
03-15-2011, 12:54 AM
The celtics have lost 3 of four, including losses to the Nets, Clippers, and 76ers. Meanwhile, Miami lost to 4 playoff teams and everyone went bananas. Kind of ridiculous how losing to play off teams suddenly takes you out of championship contention but losing to a couple of lottery teams is no big deal.

Note: I'm a pistons fan at heart so really this has nothing to do with me, I just hate how subjective psd/espn/all of the media can be

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-15-2011, 12:55 AM
Lol wow i didn't even know that. That's how discrete people are with other teams struggling not named the HEAT and Lakers.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Hustlenomics
03-15-2011, 12:56 AM
haters been waiting for the Celtics to lose ever since the trade to open their mouths

GREATNESS ONE
03-15-2011, 12:56 AM
I don't remember the Celtics having a gigantic presentation and announcing they're going to win 8 Championships.

abe_froman
03-15-2011, 12:59 AM
celtics didnt say the things that miami did this summer,nor were hyped by the media as something greater than they were(and btw it was a 5 game losing streak for them which celtics havent had).

that and the celtics are proven title squad and have beaten teams they'd likely meet in the playoffs,miami hadnt yet to that point...still havent unless your talking finals(but still have to beat bos and/or chi to get there...which they havent done yet)

VRP723
03-15-2011, 01:01 AM
I don't remember the Celtics having a gigantic presentation and announcing they're going to win 8 Championships.

You win.

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-15-2011, 01:02 AM
I hate that stupid crap people say "they were the ones celebrating a championship before the season started". Its just a BS cop out for a reason to hate us because EVERYONE knows that we were gonna be hated regardless. If we never had that celebration, things wouldn't be different and there is no denying it. And the same goes for The Decision.

jkcronyn
03-15-2011, 01:03 AM
yeah and i can appreciate that but a lot of the pressure on the heat wasn't their doing. given lebron counting championships that haven't happened is a problem, it was heat management and marketing staff that put that thing together. additionally more than 75% of the rest of the hype is from the media and fans. all of that doesn't discount boston's recent problems

Jenceman
03-15-2011, 01:03 AM
Lol wow i didn't even know that. That's how discrete people are with other teams struggling not named the HEAT and Lakers.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Eh, the Celtics didn't guarantee 8 championships and put on some ridiculous show. They also don't talk as much, and they have proven they can win a championship, going 1/2 in the finals. There shouldn't be as much panic.

bovice163
03-15-2011, 01:04 AM
I hate that stupid crap people say "they were the ones celebrating a championship before the season started". Its just a BS cop out for a reason to hate us because EVERYONE knows that we were gonna be hated regardless. If we never had that celebration, things wouldn't be different and there is no denying it. And the same goes for The Decision.

Yeah, things probably would be different. People would still hate the heat, but not to the extent they do now.

shizzle09
03-15-2011, 01:04 AM
celtics didnt say the things that miami did this summer,nor were hyped by the media as something greater than they were(and btw it was a 5 game losing streak for them which celtics havent had).

that and the celtics are proven title squad and have beaten teams they'd likely meet in the playoffs,miami hadnt yet to that point...still havent unless your talking finals(but still have to beat bos and/or chi to get there...which they havent done yet)

Its not the players fault the media folk like Van gundy say the ******** things they do. As for the things the players say what does every big FA say when they come to a new city? They say they're bringing the title home. KG, shaq are just a few examples. The fact that you and others are basing your justifications for hating on what they and the media say and not paying attention to the actual story says it all. The heat are losing close games to very good teams. Celtics are struggling against middle of the pack or lower teams. No offense to celts fans im just trying to make a point.

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-15-2011, 01:05 AM
Eh, the Celtics didn't guarantee 8 championships and put on some ridiculous show. They also don't talk as much, and they have proven they can win a championship, going 1/2 in the finals. There shouldn't be as much panic.

You see folks? That is the answer for everything when concerning the hatred toward the HEAT. Kinda of funny tbh because EVERYONE uses it. That dumb whore Michelle Beadle form SN likes to use it the most. She is a prototypical hater.

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-15-2011, 01:07 AM
Yeah, things probably would be different. People would still hate the heat, but not to the extent they do now.

Dont believe that for a second. This forum was already going crazy the second Lebron said South Beach.

six
03-15-2011, 01:08 AM
Because elite teams losing to lottery teams are mostly trap games, they dont measure the elite teams true ability. A lot of elite teams will take care of business when playing against other elite teams, but when they play bad teams they will overlook them. Elite teams think they can beat bad teams without even trying, until they notice that they are losing by 20 in the 4th. The elite team will try to come back from the 20 point deficit but it's just too late.....

So Boston losing to bad teams is not big deal, they probably weren't even trying. Heat losing to elite teams is a big deal though.

ELITE TEAMS

AddiX
03-15-2011, 01:09 AM
Props for the title.

Truth is, most people think Boston will turn it up when they need to. Miami has a lot more to prove right now.

douglas
03-15-2011, 01:11 AM
People hate on the Heat more because they're like the popular kids at school with their cool leather jackets. They just attract so much attention. They don't let anybody sit at their table during lunch, and they just point and laugh at the losers, call them names, throw paper balls at them, and eventually peoples' feelings get hurt.

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-15-2011, 01:11 AM
Its not the players fault the media folk like Van gundy say the ******** things they do. As for the things the players say what does every big FA say when they come to a new city? They say they're bringing the title home. KG, shaq are just a few examples. The fact that you and others are basing your justifications for hating on what they and the media say and not paying attention to the actual story says it all. The heat are losing close games to very good teams. Celtics are struggling against middle of the pack or lower teams. No offense to celts fans im just trying to make a point.

Yup, when AI went to Denver to join forces with Melo they were talking hot garabage and never amounted to anything, no one hated them. Shaq, when he went to Phoenix, "the Sun will rise in Phoenix", no one said a thing when nothing happened. And there are a **** load of other examples.

Its different in Miami for whatever reason. The magnitude of the signing deserved such a celebration and if they all signed on your team you would find nothing wrong with it. As i was walking toward the arena that day, not once did "this might be going over board" ever cross my mind because i was so ****ing excited, as was everyone in Miami. We all wanted to see them ASAP and thank God we did. :)

chitownbears89
03-15-2011, 01:12 AM
I hate both teams and am ecstatic that both of them are losing. Although the Heat have put together some pretty nice wins recently.

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-15-2011, 01:12 AM
People hate on the Heat more because they're like the popular kids at school with their cool leather jackets. They just attract so much attention. They don't let anybody sit at their table during lunch, and they just point and laugh at the losers, call them names, throw paper balls at them, and eventually peoples' feelings get hurt.

Sounds like someone had bad memories in High School lol.

douglas
03-15-2011, 01:15 AM

Alright, I admit it.... I was one of the popular kids with the leather jackets!

bovice163
03-15-2011, 01:17 AM
Dont believe that for a second. This forum was already going crazy the second Lebron said South Beach.

That's due to two reasons though, which are:
1. The Decision
1A. Teaming up with Wade and Bosh

I never wanted him to come here, and I honestly didn't hate LeBron before this season. But after the pre-season championship celebration, I realized what an incompetent, self-entitled, self-victimizing douche he really was.

That's just me though.

Rego247
03-15-2011, 01:17 AM

:clap:

well played sir.

koLohe2133
03-15-2011, 01:18 AM

IF my aunt had a **** she'd be my uncle.

BEAT fans should just embrace the villainy role like lebron n wade should...but nope, y'all play the poor us it's not fair card...just like them.

six
03-15-2011, 01:18 AM

Ha! Nice one. :clap:

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-15-2011, 01:19 AM
1. The Decision

I never wanted him to come here, and I honestly didn't hate LeBron before this season. But after the pre-season championship celebration, I realized what an incompetent, self-entitled, self-victimizing douche he really was.

That's just me though.

Definitely worse than "The Celebration", but a BS cop out nonetheless. Its the second reason why people hate. They are jealous, plain and simple. Hate to sound arrogant or whatever, but (just read the second quote in my sig).

whitemamba33
03-15-2011, 01:20 AM
Boston has proven they can get it done. They have the same coach, and a lot of the same players. They know how to play together, and they have chemistry.

Miami hasn't proven they can get it done. Wade has a ring, but him and Haslem are the only players left from that championship winning team. They don't have Shaq, and they don't have Riley at coach.

The Lakers lost 7 of their last 10 headed into the playoffs last season. But people know they can get it done, and they did. People feel the same about Boston. Miami still needs to prove it.

And above that, i think people just find it funny that a team that has James, Wade, and Bosh loses as many games as they do. If I asked you 2 years ago what you expected from a team that had those 3 players on it, let's be honest with ourselves: your answer wouldn't be 3rd in the East.

D1JM
03-15-2011, 01:22 AM
not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7,

and

its going to be easy ...

turnaround3
03-15-2011, 01:24 AM
Neither Shaq nor KG promised 8 championships.

Whether Heat fans want to admit it or not, "The Decision" coupled with the championship ceremony they threw themselves before ever stepping foot on a court together have both led to people hating that team exponentially more than they ever would have without aforementioned events.

So you can say "if this never happened" and "if that never happened" all you want, but those things all did happen. If you have a problem with the reality of it, you should write a letter to James, Wade, and Bosh - because there's nowhere else to point fingers.

And that's just the way it is.

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-15-2011, 01:34 AM
I dont have a problem with reality, i love reality. Its just funny how humanity is, thats all.

whitemamba33
03-15-2011, 01:52 AM
I dont have a problem with reality, i love reality. Its just funny how humanity is, thats all.

k

shizzle09
03-15-2011, 02:16 AM
not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7,

and

its going to be easy ...

When the eff did Lebron say it would be easy??? Good one

GREATNESS ONE
03-15-2011, 02:21 AM

He did bro, I really don't want to look it up... something along the lines of " When you get me and Wade running down the lanes it's going to be easy. You can get Pat Riley out of retirement to throw us up lobs"

D1JM
03-15-2011, 02:23 AM

hmm ok.

D1JM
03-15-2011, 02:24 AM
He did bro, I really don't want to look it up... something along the lines of " When you get me and Wade running down the lanes it's going to be easy. You can get Pat Riley out of retirement to throw us up lobs"

i guess i didnt make it up huh? :rolleyes:

GREATNESS ONE
03-15-2011, 02:27 AM
i guess i didnt make it up huh? :rolleyes:

hahaha I wish you did :)

Albrecht Duerer
03-15-2011, 02:31 AM
The celtics have lost 3 of four, including losses to the Nets, Clippers, and 76ers. Meanwhile, Miami lost to 4 playoff teams and everyone went bananas. Kind of ridiculous how losing to play off teams suddenly takes you out of championship contention but losing to a couple of lottery teams is no big deal.

Note: I'm a pistons fan at heart so really this has nothing to do with me, I just hate how subjective psd/espn/all of the media can be

There are no victims here. No one owes the Heat anything.

Arch Stanton
03-15-2011, 02:51 AM

Not exactly true. But yes there would still be some hate. But not to the extent as it currently is. I think people think it's kind of weak that two of the top 5 players decided to team up together instead of play against each other. And I agree with that. I think it's weak.

Arch Stanton
03-15-2011, 02:54 AM

Exactly.

Arch Stanton
03-15-2011, 02:58 AM
yeah and i can appreciate that but a lot of the pressure on the heat wasn't their doing. given lebron counting championships that haven't happened is a problem, it was heat management and marketing staff that put that thing together. additionally more than 75% of the rest of the hype is from the media and fans. all of that doesn't discount boston's recent problems

I disagree LeBron chose Maverick Carter as his manager. And of course Maverick Carter and LeBron decided to orchestrate the most tasteless production of 2010, ala "The Decision." No one put words in these players mouths. You can't blame that on marketing. But you can blame it on immaturity and arrogance.

iggypop123
03-15-2011, 03:01 AM
maybe cause the celtics are 3-0 against the heat. maybe that helps them.

ElMarroAfamado
03-15-2011, 03:02 AM
haters been waiting for the Celtics to lose ever since the trade to open their mouths

they lost to the clippers. bad...

Afro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmOJdCZK9ow#t=5m32

There ya go bud!:D

Arch Stanton

Don't try and downplay it. No one really cares what JVG said. That wasn't the catalyst. And don't blame the media. You sound like Eric Spoelstra. "I never said they cried!" People hate the Heat for legitimate reasons. Just accept it. And BTW the Celtics are a team that can turn it on and off. Look at last season. The Heat haven't proven anything.

Arch Stanton
03-15-2011, 03:05 AM

Yeah that's what started it all. Even if LeBron said "I'm staying in Cleveland," people would still be bothered by it.

Rego247
03-15-2011, 03:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmOJdCZK9ow#t=5m32

There ya go bud!:D

there it is. this plus the not 7,8... comment sealed it.

ur gonna get hate when u say stuff like that, warranted or not.

Arch Stanton
03-15-2011, 03:10 AM
Yup, when AI went to Denver to join forces with Melo they were talking hot garabage and never amounted to anything, no one hated them. Shaq, when he went to Phoenix, "the Sun will rise in Phoenix", no one said a thing when nothing happened. And there are a **** load of other examples.

Its different in Miami for whatever reason. The magnitude of the signing deserved such a celebration and if they all signed on your team you would find nothing wrong with it. As i was walking toward the arena that day, not once did "this might be going over board" ever cross my mind because i was so ****ing excited, as was everyone in Miami. We all wanted to see them ASAP and thank God we did. :)

Yes but AI was traded to Denver. It wasn't like AI 'planned' this in advance. And when did AI have a pre-celebration with Melo? You're just a blind Heat fan!

Arch Stanton
03-15-2011, 03:12 AM

You must embrace the true Heat philosophy -- utter ignorance!

Arch Stanton
03-15-2011, 03:14 AM
1. The Decision

That's just me though.

Yes. I want to know what will make LeBron humble? Maybe if they lose this season or next? Or maybe if he's traded? Or maybe he becomes the next T-Mac? I hope all!

Arch Stanton
03-15-2011, 03:16 AM
Definitely worse than "The Celebration", but a BS cop out nonetheless. Its the second reason why people hate. They are jealous, plain and simple. Hate to sound arrogant or whatever, but (just read the second quote in my sig).

You're just a lummox! You really think people are jealous? Keep looking for excuses. Good luck in life and avoid pissing on electric fences.

Arch Stanton
03-15-2011, 03:20 AM

So now you're blaming humanity? Maybe we should try and be less humane towards the Miami Heat and it's fanbase? I guess that's what you're suggesting?

moshy2
03-15-2011, 03:23 AM

This is actually a great analogy, except at the end somebody stands up to them and knocks them down. Now the tide turns and when everyone is laughing at them they look around expecting everyone's sympathy saying, "Why? I never did anything to you."

Rosh
03-15-2011, 05:37 AM
It's different because apparently the Heat won the title before the season started. But try as I might, I couldn't spot the Finals trophy through all the smoke and fog at that celebration.. I thought they were hiding it. Unless they didn't win already...?

Hawkeye15
03-15-2011, 08:19 AM
the rational answer would be that the Celtics are a proven team that has earned the right for us to respect them thru a small bump in the road.

the real answer is the Heat are now the most hated team in professional sports, with thousands of fans around the US living vicariously through their struggles.

Moving on...

bagwell368
03-15-2011, 08:23 AM

Maybe it's because the Celts are missing the 1st and 3rd string Center
2nd string #4
2nd string #1
2nd string #2
Rondo has a bad foot and is run down.
The Celts played at least 3 of these games with 9 guys available.

The Celts are 6-3 in the last 9 games. Maybe if you actually examined the situation instead of wanting the "glory" of starting a thread on PSD you would have realized that they is a great deal of difference between an old team with major injuries trying to fit in 5 new players and a team led by a guy that promised 7 titles in a row.

Evolution23
03-15-2011, 08:51 AM
cause the celtics dont go around saying "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4.. etc."

Gram
03-15-2011, 09:10 AM
I'm glad both teams are losing cuz I can't stand either of them. ;)

TO to the CHI
03-15-2011, 09:15 AM

I think it was 7, but yes, this is exactly the point.

Also the Celtics fans are generally low-key (with some exceptions -- Hustlenomics is obviously a loudmouth), whereas the Heat fans have been talking smack and saying "u mad" for months without having accomplished anything.

Doogolas
03-15-2011, 09:40 AM
There's a reason for it though. We have already seen the Celtics coast and turn it on in the playoffs. We know they can play together. Last year the Celtics got hated all over for playing like **** to end the year and they made everybody look stupid come playoff time.

If the Heat do that this year, if they play mediocre the rest of the way, say lose their next couple and then win a couple, etc, etc, etc all year and end in the 3 seed, then dominate in the playoffs, they won't hear **** next year for playing poorly in stretches.

marlinsfan24
03-15-2011, 09:44 AM
I am personally done talking about The Decision and the celebration. People need to stop being so butt hurt about it. Just focus on basketball and enjoy one of the best seasons in the NBA. We may not have it next season.

JasonJohnHorn
03-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Well, for one, they didnt loose four in a row... and for two they've been playing consistent ball all season and have been beating teams over .500

Look at it this way: If SA, LA, Orlando and Boston are all over .500 against teams over .500, and Miami is under .500 against teams over .500, then lets just say Miami has more to worry about come playoff time if teams like LA, SA, Bean town and Magic Kingdom lose a few odd games here and there to teams they wont even see in the playoffs, because they are losing to teams the WILL see in the playoffs.

TO to the CHI
03-15-2011, 09:59 AM
I am personally done talking about The Decision and the celebration. People need to stop being so butt hurt about it. Just focus on basketball and enjoy one of the best seasons in the NBA. We may not have it next season.

You can stop talking about it any time that you want. It's easy actually. Just don't enter threads that relate to the Decision or respond to comments about it. However, don't expect everyone else to follow suit just because you are done talking about it.

Going back to the main point of the thread (this is not directed at you marlinsfan), this is why the Heat get so much more criticism than the Celtics. The Heat (and their fans) made all sorts of grandiose proclamations that put a target on their back and then got upset when their team hasn't delivered on expectations (and don't try to sell the crap about the playoffs being all that mattered, before the year the fans were talking about 70 wins, about having no idea when a loss would finally come, about the bar in Miami with its deal, etc.). On the other hand, the Celtics, who have won a title with their current cast (or very close to it), and their fans have largely just played instead of talking. It makes a big difference.

If the Heat win it all, they and their fans will have every basis to gloat. But when they fall flat, they should expect to hear about it from others. And if that is compounded by more excuses from their fans, the vicious cycle will continue.

nickdymez
03-15-2011, 10:02 AM

Here goes a Miami fan wanting pitty. No one was gonna hate you regardless. Lebron started all the Miami hate with the whole decision crap. Fans from all around could empathize with Cavs fans because i know i would be pissed if Kobe arrogantly went on TV to tell the Lakers fans to fu** off, much like Lebron did. So any team he went to would have gotten hated on. Then on top of all that, they had a WWE type introduction that consisted of pyrotechnics and Chris Bosh screaming at the top of his lungs and flexing. Then Lebron proclaiming that they would win 8 rings..

JNA17
03-15-2011, 10:03 AM
well here's the scoop.

Elite teams losing to lottery teams sometimes=who cares, not going to seem them in the playoffs.

Elite teams losing to elite/great teams=BAD, your going to meet them in the playoffs, GET IT TOGETHER!

I hope I'm not acting like an ***** but it's not really that hard to understand.

sammid21
03-15-2011, 10:19 AM
Look, the real reason people hate the Heat is because they came into this season as cocky, arogant players. Also because Lebron was thinking it was an easy way of winning a championship. So they made their ceiling way to high so everyone makes a big deal about them losing because they guaranteed 8 title like arogant fools.

Its funny because they get frustrated when they lose because they thought it would be a freaking cake walk to the finals. trust me if the Celtics were that cokcy they would be criticized the same way.

arogant people are easy to hate. and not hate as you Miami fans like to use (hater) but hate as in dispise totally different type of hate. we arent hating because they are good, we hate because they are cocky conceded players

DITKA4GOV
03-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Que the heatles scorned love songs. All good teams end up losing, except the 72 win Bulls. That was just crazy. The heat had a stretch, the Celtics are having a stretch, the bulls lost a couple before that. It happened. Heat fans talking bias look no further than ESPN heat index. Yes the heat are hated, but if u don't understand why than you should be coloring right now and not reading this. Everybody hates on the heat because of the egos, parades, fireworks, championships, Riley running pg per lebrons statement... and all of that was before there first game togrther. Left a bad taste in a lot of bball fans mouth.

Yes, a lot of people treat the heat unfair. It goes both ways as ESPN is on there balls 24/7. I personally hope they fail because of all the stuff I pointed out above, as well as the collusion that brought them together in Tue first place.

Albrecht Duerer
03-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Que the heatles scorned love songs. All good teams end up losing, except the 72 win Bulls. That was just crazy. The heat had a stretch, the Celtics are having a stretch, the bulls lost a couple before that. It happened. Heat fans talking bias look no further than ESPN heat index. Yes the heat are hated, but if u don't understand why than you should be coloring right now and not reading this. Everybody hates on the heat because of the egos, parades, fireworks, championships, Riley running pg per lebrons statement... and all of that was before there first game togrther. Left a bad taste in a lot of bball fans mouth.

Yes, a lot of people treat the heat unfair. It goes both ways as ESPN is on there balls 24/7. I personally hope they fail because of all the stuff I pointed out above, as well as the collusion that brought them together in Tue first place.

Everything you said was money. But then you say they're treated unfairly after you just listed numerous reasons for why their treatment is justified.

marlinsfan24
03-15-2011, 10:45 AM

I don't blame some of the fans on here as people this offseason kept saying the Heat would not only lose Wade, bit we'd get no impact free agents at all. That's not an excuse, but some people felt the need to rub it in. I didn't try doing this because I was just so happy to get those 3 players.

DITKA4GOV
03-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Im not hating on the heat. I love me some good basketball. The behind the head oop from Wade to bron was sick. Its more the egos and the heat celebrating before they won anything. Its the bosh beating on the chest after he Makes a freaking layup. Miami sun, Riley gelled hair, the money, the special page on ESPN, the parade and fireworks is what makes it easier to just dislike the heat. I come from a blue collar town in a blue collar city. Its the mentality of the mid-west. We want our team to earn that party in Grant park and that parade up Michigan Ave. We don't want it or need it handed to us.

DITKA4GOV
03-15-2011, 10:51 AM
I appolgize as I didnt mean to drive home a point and than blow it up by saying the exact opposite. The heat are treated DIFFERENTLY not unfairly. Its not unfair because of the reasons I listed previously.

twoearl
03-15-2011, 10:52 AM

This is one of the most intelligent posts I have seen on PSD, kudos to you sir.

But to get to your question. I think ESPN does not really care about sports, they care about RATINGS. And like it or not the HEAT equal high ratings. They have two of the most popular players in the league on their team in Bron and Wade so people can not help to look at them. Throw in the terribly handled Decision crap and you basically have the NBA equivelant to Charlie Sheen in terms of people can not stop talking about them...

allSUAVE
03-15-2011, 11:00 AM

because celtics is already proven

allSUAVE
03-15-2011, 11:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSLWjx3Mvt8 < ENOUGH SAID!

Rosh
03-15-2011, 11:15 AM

If you're asking people to stop being "butt hurt" about both of those, therein lies the incessant need for Heat fans to stop asking for people to hate them, because they are linked together. The organization brought it upon themselves and the trio realized they were in for a rude awakening. I think the fanbase needs to realize this. This hate didn't come out of nowhere.

Sure, there may have been some bitter fans upset that LeBron didn't join their team and left it merely at that had he just signed with Miami like any other free agent. However, they had to throw one of the most lavish celebrations I'd seen (I won't even fault Miami for 'The Decision', because that had nothing to do with the Heat organization, and so I just hate LeBron for it---and yes, he would have still been a douche had he picked any other team). But that celebration for a free agent signing? Come on. Was prime time for them to put targets on their back.

The cherry on top? LeBron's famous "Not 2, not 3..." spiel. Sprinkle in Bosh's comments about leading reporters along all summer for his own amusement (and Wade's uninformed questioning of the Bulls organization's loyalty if you want to talk about why Chicago doesn't love the Heat) that's why they'll get the hate. It's unfortunate for the fanbase, but I think for all those posters who came in here with the "U MAD" BS, it's time they got their rude awakening.

And this is why "the world", as Wade so aptly put it, will love it every time the Heat fall.

RCarlson85
03-15-2011, 11:29 AM

I've noticed this as well. It's pretty funny how it works. The Heat lose to the Celtics and everyone thinks it's the end of the world, but the Celtics lose to a bottom-feeder and no one even blinks. The Heat have only lost to two teams all season that would be considered bad, the Pacers and the Clippers. The Celtics have lost to the Cavs, Raptors, Pistons, Wizards, Clippers, and Nets. Those are among the worst teams in the NBA but no one notices that.

astrosmaniac
03-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Boston has proven they can get it done. They have the same coach, and a lot of the same players. They know how to play together, and they have chemistry.

Miami hasn't proven they can get it done. Wade has a ring, but him and Haslem are the only players left from that championship winning team. They don't have Shaq, and they don't have Riley at coach.

The Lakers lost 7 of their last 10 headed into the playoffs last season. But people know they can get it done, and they did. People feel the same about Boston. Miami still needs to prove it.

And above that, i think people just find it funny that a team that has James, Wade, and Bosh loses as many games as they do. If I asked you 2 years ago what you expected from a team that had those 3 players on it, let's be honest with ourselves: your answer wouldn't be 3rd in the East.
+1. the heat have 2 wins against teams with top 5 record in the league. thats why its a bigger deal when they go on a losing streak

RIPSweetness34
03-15-2011, 11:54 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD9lZflXsgU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9BqUBYaHlM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTeCc8jy7FI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPyn4NTXdCE&feature=related

Why is it all their post game interviews need Podiums? Are KG, Shaq, Pierce, Rondo, and Allen doin this every game? How about Derrick Rose? Last I checked he is leading the MVP race and he usually gives his interviews in the locker room or on the court. How about Kobe? He has 5 rings and he does the same as Rose. What about those guys in San Antonio? They have multiple rings and you haven't heard from them all season. I'm not even sure I have seen a Dirk interview this year. Kevin Durant? Blake? List goes on. This is the only team that does this and everyone is sick and tired about hearing from a 3 seed every single game. Not to mention all the ammunition they give people when they speak. They aren't even a top 5 team in the league and we have to constantly hear about them, it's really gotten old.

RIPSweetness34
03-15-2011, 11:57 AM
If you're asking people to stop being "butt hurt" about both of those, therein lies the incessant need for Heat fans to stop asking for people to hate them, because they are linked together. The organization brought it upon themselves and the trio realized they were in for a rude awakening. I think the fanbase needs to realize this. This hate didn't come out of nowhere.

Sure, there may have been some bitter fans upset that LeBron didn't join their team and left it merely at that had he just signed with Miami like any other free agent. However, they had to throw one of the most lavish celebrations I'd seen (I won't even fault Miami for 'The Decision', because that had nothing to do with the Heat organization, and so I just hate LeBron for it---and yes, he would have still been a douche had he picked any other team). But that celebration for a free agent signing? Come on. Was prime time for them to put targets on their back.

The cherry on top? LeBron's famous "Not 2, not 3..." spiel. Sprinkle in Bosh's comments about leading reporters along all summer for his own amusement (and Wade's uninformed questioning of the Bulls organization's loyalty if you want to talk about why Chicago doesn't love the Heat) that's why they'll get the hate. It's unfortunate for the fanbase, but I think for all those posters who came in here with the "U MAD" BS, it's time they got their rude awakening.

And this is why "the world", as Wade so aptly put it, will love it every time the Heat fall.

This

marlinsfan24
03-15-2011, 12:02 PM
My point I'm trying to make in this thread is that yes, the Heat didn't handle the past few months as well as they should have. But you guys need to enjoy the NBA season because theres stil a good chance there wont be one next season. And what the Heat did, it didn't break any laws, they didn't murder anyone. There are a lot of worse things going on in the world.

Albrecht Duerer
03-15-2011, 12:05 PM
My point I'm trying to make in this thread is that yes, the Heat didn't handle the past few months as well as they should have. But you guys need to enjoy the NBA season because theres stil a good chance there wont be one next season. And what the Heat did, it didn't break any laws, they didn't murder anyone. There are a lot of worse things going on in the world.

Who says anyone isnt enjoying the season? People are able to enjoy the season and dislike the Heat at the same time.

Wow, just wow.

DITKA4GOV
03-15-2011, 12:11 PM
We are not the ones who started this thread. It was started by a non heat fan making a point that some don't agree with. As far as breaking laws, there were and some believe still are questions regarding collusion that will never be answered. The heat pretty much asked for this scrutiny and I think that OS what everyone is getting at. I don't hate on the heat... I just flat out don't like the heat and the way the egos and team management handled everything.

DITKA4GOV
03-15-2011, 12:14 PM
I am REALLY enjoying this season and really dislike the heat. If a lockout happeneds I would be really disappointed....

DaBUU
03-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Big difference beteen the Celts and Heat. We all know what the Celts are, they are Champions and have proven it over and over. They know how to cruise through the season trying to stay healthy and preparing to peak at the right time. So when they lose a couple, its no big deal cuz we know what that team is made of. The Heat on the other hand, havent won **** other than a couple of guys signing a contract. I think Rosh captures the sentiment perfectly in his earlier post.

But that celebration for a free agent signing? Come on. Was prime time for them to put targets on their back.

pd1dish
03-15-2011, 12:22 PM

1. the celtics are tied for the #1 seed in the east...the heat are not

2. the celtics arent hyping themselves up...the heat are

3. the media isnt hyping the celtics up...the media is hyping the heat up

4. the celtics may have a hated player in KG...the heat have the most hated player probably of all time in lebron

and probably the biggest reason

5. celtics said NOTHING when they formed that team.................."not 1, not 2, not 3..."

im not trying to hate on the heat. its just the facts. with all the hype comes the expectations. the celtics have won a championship with their big 3. if/when the heat win a championship, all the ridicule will go away. until then, expect it

Gibby23
03-15-2011, 12:22 PM
You can't hate Nenad Krstic. He has thinning hair and a hot wife.

http://www.talk-sports.net/nba/girlfriend.aspx/Nenad_Krstic
http://www.srbijanet.rs/images/stories/sport/Nenad-Krstic.jpg

Avenged
03-15-2011, 12:33 PM

I enjoy hating the Heat :)

Kidding, I don't really hate them, nor dislike them. Could careless about the Heat.. I like Lebron, Wade, and Haslem, but as long as the Lakers are at the top, I will not be rooting for them or any other elite team.

koreancabbage
03-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Because elite teams losing to lottery teams are mostly trap games, they dont measure the elite teams true ability. A lot of elite teams will take care of business when playing against other elite teams, but when they play bad teams they will overlook them. Elite teams think they can beat bad teams without even trying, until they notice that they are losing by 20 in the 4th. The elite team will try to come back from the 20 point deficit but it's just too late.....

So Boston losing to bad teams is not big deal, they probably weren't even trying. Heat losing to elite teams is a big deal though.

ELITE TEAMS

thats a BS excuse! its like the 1st seed losing to the 8th seed and think nothing of it but if a good team loses to another good team, they suck even more? what kind of reasoning is that?

nickdymez
03-15-2011, 12:37 PM
I enjoy hating the Heat :)

Kidding, I don't really hate them, nor dislike them. Could careless about the Heat.. I like Lebron, Wade, and Haslem, but as long as the Lakers are at the top, I will not be rooting for them or any other elite team.

This is actually more how i feel. I think subconsciously i kind of resent them because of the attention they receive. I believe they haven't earned it yet. I think teams, coaches, players have to earn that elite tittle. The Heat have two of the biggest names in basketball, i get that, but they have to put it together and win something before i start giving them praise.

carnage101
03-15-2011, 12:42 PM

i think what you said is an unfair statement.
Boston has a history for slacking in the regular season, Last year the media got on them saying they were done and what happened? they were 1q away from another ring.
This year Miami has done nothing but beat lousy teams, so in fact it is a better and more credible story than boston losing. I just don't see your logic? i'm not even a celtics fan i'm a laker fan. I just think its disrespectful to the celtics to say something so asinine.

koreancabbage
03-15-2011, 12:43 PM
1. the celtics are tied for the #1 seed in the east...the heat are not

2. the celtics arent hyping themselves up...the heat are

3. the media isnt hyping the celtics up...the media is hyping the heat up

4. the celtics may have a hated player in KG...the heat have the most hated player probably of all time in lebron

and probably the biggest reason

5. celtics said NOTHING when they formed that team.................."not 1, not 2, not 3..."

im not trying to hate on the heat. its just the facts. with all the hype comes the expectations. the celtics have won a championship with their big 3. if/when the heat win a championship, all the ridicule will go away. until then, expect it

1) the Heat were first for a while
2) maybe
3) not their fault, media plays everything out of proportion all the time
4) i don't think so, they are just bitter (mostly cleveland fans). But he is probably the best player in the NBA right now and KG is just a punk. Of ALL tIME? yea right. then he must be doing something right if he isn't hated at. I'm sure there are just as many Lebron-lovers as there are haters.
5) who cares if they said nothing or not, "outloud" everyone talks about joining forces and in the Heats case, it was a once in a lifetime opportunity where all their contracts ended at the same time and could sign together.

and i agree with you on that. The expectations are that the heats should win one soon but until then, criticism will be strong, JUST like the first year the Celtics got together. so in a sense, there is a strong correlation even though the path of the two teams on how they got there were different.

carnage101
03-15-2011, 12:49 PM
1) the Heat were first for a while
2) maybe
3) not their fault, media plays everything out of proportion all the time
4) i don't think so, they are just bitter (mostly cleveland fans). But he is probably the best player in the NBA right now and KG is just a punk. Of ALL tIME? yea right. then he must be doing something right if he isn't hated at. I'm sure there are just as many Lebron-lovers as there are haters.
5) who cares if they said nothing or not, "outloud" everyone talks about joining forces and in the Heats case, it was a once in a lifetime opportunity where all their contracts ended at the same time and could sign together.

and i agree with you on that. The expectations are that the heats should win one soon but until then, criticism will be strong, JUST like the first year the Celtics got together. so in a sense, there is a strong correlation even though the path of the two teams on how they got there were different.

No one hated the celtics for joining up, its not like they had a parade before they won. They were hungry and earned that championship. They earned the respect of the league with their hustle and and unselfishness. I'm sorry i don't see a similarity with them and miami even if miami wins this year (which they won't)

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Lol at Arch Stanton responding to every single post i make. Obsessive much?

Missing56&33
03-15-2011, 01:17 PM

Miami is clearly beatable.....I believe Chicago or NY can beat Miami in a playoff series.....but on paper, when a team has Bosh, Wade and James on the roster you would automatically assume they will win most of their games and be representing the eastern conference in the NBA Finals. Boston has won a championship(should have won last year's final as well) have been a playoff team for the last 7years....including two Finals appearances. Good coaching....so its no major concern to lose a couple of games for them.

godolphins
03-15-2011, 01:26 PM
They just love to hate on the Heat because its a reflection of what they want their team to be and they're jealous and jealousy turns into hate

sammid21
03-15-2011, 01:39 PM
They just love to hate on the Heat because its a reflection of what they want their team to be and they're jealous and jealousy turns into hate

Smack yourself, no one is jealous of what miami has, people just hate arrogant people with huge egos. just like your post is egotistical by assuming everyone is jealous of your team. BS man, if lebron wouldve come to chicago and boasted like he has done in Miami, i would actually dislike him for the cocky attitude. they havent won anything to be cocky.

DITKA4GOV
03-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Yeah, we are all "hating" on the heat.
I would have been embarrassed as a fan had chicago thrown a parade and celebration before the season started. Had Rose talked about how many championships him, Noah, and thibs at sg were gonna win I would have puked. The difference is the bulls have a bunch of pros on there team. The heat have three egos and a bunch of nobody's. So I continue to hope they fail miserably like they did against the bulls three times and pretty much every other elite team except for the 2 recently.

My previous post about people that can't understand why the heat get treated differently definetely applies to this Guy.

sammid21
03-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Sorry but miami fans sound like Jamie Kennedy in Malibus Most Wanted "dont be hatin'" literally not paying attention why people dont like the Heat and assume we are all jealous

TO to the CHI
03-15-2011, 01:48 PM

This is a great post.

I would say that at least 9 out of 10 posters on PSD are jealous of the Heat. After all, how could anyone not be jealous of a team that has turned on its coach, has issues late in games, can't decide who the main guy is, held their celebration BEFORE the season instead of after winning something, is widely hated, cries after games, can't beat any of the elite teams in the East, and currently would have to get through both Chicago and Boston without HCA.

Yup, jealousy. You nailed it.

Or perhaps the arrogant Heat and their arrogant and ignorant fans just piss people off because they have accomplished nothing. Nah, you must be right. It's jealousy.

Arch Stanton
03-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Lol at Arch Stanton responding to every single post i make. Obsessive much?

You're right it's pretty pointless to respond to a naive dolt like yourself. Yeah, we all hate the Heat because they're so good! That's it! Keep telling yourself that.

Storch
03-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Cocky people always get the most hate when they lose, hence Kobe got hated on back in the day and the Heat now.

DITKA4GOV
03-15-2011, 01:58 PM
This is a great post.

I would say that at least 9 out of 10 posters on PSD are jealous of the Heat. After all, how could anyone not be jealous of a team that has turned on its coach, has issues late in games, can't decide who the main guy is, held their celebration BEFORE the season instead of after winning something, is widely hated, cries after games, can't beat any of the elite teams in the East, and currently would have to get through both Chicago and Boston without HCA.

Or perhaps the arrogant Heat and their arrogant and ignorant fans just piss people off because they have accomplished nothing. Nah, you must be right. It's jealousy.

This.....and than some

Rego247
03-15-2011, 02:12 PM
This is a great post.

well said.

Tony_Starks
03-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Heat fans really need to stop playing the victim role. First off they are not the only team that gets hated on. The Lakers are the champs and when they were losing earlier all we heard are "the lakers are done.... they're too old... who will be the team to dethrone them.... blah blah blah."

Spurs have the best record in the league and there is currently a thread called "Are the Spurs a Broken team?"

Everyone hates the Celtics. Period.

The Bulls without all the fanfare of the Heat catch all kind of hate and they are playing one hell of a season! D Rose is easily the most hated on player on psd.

The Knicks get mad hate and they're not even contenders!

So Miami can cry me a river... pun intended. It comes with the job.

Jenceman
03-15-2011, 03:21 PM

Well that was because of the decision, obviously. Anywhere he went he would have been chastised for such an ego-stroking event. Don't be naive and think the Heat didn't bring this on themselves, you're just as bad as Wade constantly crying about it to the media.

Would they still be hated had they gone about everything quietly? Of course. But the Heat themselves made it so much worse. Sir Charles said it best, shut up and play ball.

Steelers23_06
03-15-2011, 03:35 PM
if you guys are saying that the heat's faults aren't more magnified than other teams your in-denial. just look at the past posts and everything. you guys can try to justify your hate. but at the end of the day your a hater and have no reason. im a heat fan but i respect most of the other stars in the league. i could point out a reason why i could hate every player in the league but being a REAL fan i cant hate a player/team that do amazing things. i respect all the good teams in the league i like the celtics the big 3's chemistry is unreal. even though phil talks a lot of trash and kobe is cocky as hell i have the utmost repect for the both of them because of what they are able to do on the court. the bulls and rose are amazing this season especially with thibodeau doing his thing. the spurs have found the fountain of youth and are playing at a level that nobody expected. the mavs have alot of solid pieces and are definitely a threat in the west. what i'm pretty much saying is i got respect for everyone's team in this forum why cant we get some love?

so you hate them because they had that pre-season party? we all know thats the heats way of doing things. if you think back to when shaq joined the same thing when joining the team. and i definetly dont remember everyone hating the heat this much then. so you them because because of lebons decision? that was in july the cavs moved on and accepted he's gone...cant you? so you hate them because they doubted their coach when their record is 9-8? haha wowww you have 3 of the best players in the league coming together with a coach that had only 2 years of experience under his belt. but now they have bought into his system and are sticking by him. i could keep going but i think you get the point its just crazy.

Flash3
03-15-2011, 03:44 PM
This is actually more how i feel. I think subconsciously i kind of resent them because of the attention they receive. I believe they haven't earned it yet. I think teams, coaches, players have to earn that elite tittle. The Heat have two of the biggest names in basketball, i get that, but they have to put it together and win something before i start giving them praise.

Well said i agree 100 %

we don't deserve much unless we do something and i find some of the attention annoying but thats what espn is known for i mean they did have a whole section on espn dedicated to lebrons elbow in the playoffs that **** gets annoying but i know it won't stop.

Arch Stanton
03-15-2011, 03:47 PM
if you guys are saying that the heat's faults aren't more magnified than other teams your in-denial. just look at the past posts and everything. you guys can try to justify your hate. but at the end of the day your a hater and have no reason. im a heat fan but i respect most of the other stars in the league. i could point out a reason why i could hate every player in the league but being a REAL fan i cant hate a player/team that do amazing things. i respect all the good teams in the league i like the celtics the big 3's chemistry is unreal. even though phil talks a lot of trash and kobe is cocky as hell i have the utmost repect for the both of them because of what they are able to do on the court. the bulls and rose are amazing this season especially with thibodeau doing his thing. the spurs have found the fountain of youth and are playing at a level that nobody expected. the mavs have alot of solid pieces and are definitely a threat in the west. what i'm pretty much saying is i got respect for everyone's team in this forum why cant we get some love?

so you hate them because they had that pre-season party? we all know thats the heats way of doing things. if you think back to when shaq joined the same thing when joining the team. and i definetly dont remember everyone hating the heat this much then. so you them because because of lebons decision? that was in july the cavs moved on and accepted he's gone...cant you? so you hate them because they doubted their coach when their record is 9-8? haha wowww you have 3 of the best players in the league coming together with a coach that had only 2 years of experience under his belt. but now they have bought into his system and are sticking by him. i could keep going but i think you get the point its just crazy.

We agree. The hate for the Heat is more magnified. No one is denying that. The topic of this thread is "inequality of the hate." But you clearly haven't read through any of the posts because you state fans have no reason to hate the heat. Didn't I see you on "Crygate"? And I'm sure people respect James, Wade, and Bosh's game. They're great players. But that has nothing to do with this.

whitemamba33
03-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Brilliant posts as usual. Allow me to say one thing on this matter. While I never liked the preseason celebratin to begin with, let's get one thing straight. THAT CELEBRATION WAS FOR THE HEAT FANS! If you guys didn't like it, well that's just too bad. I see how it can rub people the wrong people way, but if that's the only reason you hate the Heat, then I guess we're doing well for ourselves. The playoffs are nearing and I think we need to focus our attention on that, instead of something that happened months ago. Just my opinion.

ummmm...dunno about you, but i've seen a lot of other reasons given.

Steelers23_06
03-15-2011, 04:06 PM
ummmm...dunno about you, but i've seen a lot of other reasons given.

your a HUGE hater in my book. every post you have you look at heat hate. lol everyteam has dumbs fans s thats a reason to hate a team. there are A LOT of dumb celtics fans trust me i live in ma people will say stuff like ray is the best sg in the league and stuff like that but i dont hate the team less for it and if i gotta a dollar for every homer lakers and bulls post bill gates would be borrowing money from me lol. advise...quit being a hater and get a new sig. i laugh at clowns like you. :laugh:

DITKA4GOV
03-15-2011, 04:07 PM
oF
Brilliant posts as usual. Allow me to say one thing on this matter. While I never liked the preseason celebratin to begin with, let's get one thing straight. THAT CELEBRATION WAS FOR THE HEAT FANS! If you guys didn't like it, well that's just too bad. I see how it can rub people the wrong people way, but if that's the only reason you hate the Heat, then I guess we're doing well for ourselves. The playoffs are nearing and I think we need to focus our attention on that, instead of something that happened months ago. Just my opinion.

For the fans? OK. All non-member heat fans apologize as weshould have recognized it was for the fans. Not to spike advertising deals, season ticket sales, and stoke the big threes egos. Whatever helps u get over the egos on ur favorite team. Jeez... some off this stuff just amazes me.

DITKA4GOV
03-15-2011, 04:12 PM
They get all the hate they deseve. There have been so many reason posted on this thread on why the heat get the amount of hate they do that at this point it doesn't seem logical to respew it. Heat fans cry on someone else's shoulder about the hate. If u really don't understand why they receive the hate you are blinded by homerism.

Arch Stanton
03-15-2011, 04:16 PM
They get all the hate they deseve. There have been so many reason posted on this thread on why the heat get the amount of hate they do that at this point it doesn't seem logical to respew it. Heat fans cry on someone else's shoulder about the hate. If u really don't understand why they receive the hate you are blinded by homerism.

Agreed. Total homerism. It seems like Heat fans want to have their cake and eat it too. Just accept that their team is hated. Once they start backing up what they've stated people will still dislike them but will at least have a greater respect for them.

hotpotato1092
03-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Personally I think the Heat hate is justified as is the lack of Boston hate, know why? It's not because Boston already has a title (which is evidence, but not the main reason), it's because last year they slept through the regular season, making all of us think they were done, and then came one injury away from winning the whole thing. They have proven that the regular season just isn't important to them. They'd rather save their legs for the playoffs. Could they steamroll bad teams like Miami does? Of course, I honestly believe that if the Celtics wanted to be 53-12 right now they could be, but they'd rather save their legs for the playoffs. Miami has not proven that.

Honestly, my biggest beef with the Heat right now is that there is NO WAY IN HELL that MJ, Kobe, the Lakers, the Celtics or any other truly great player/team would ever lose 5 straight games to their future playoff opponents. After two losses, if things started looking bad in the fourth, MJ would just say "**** you I'm winning this game", ditto for Kobe. Truly great teams would clamp down defensively, play their ***** off, and find a way to win those games. One loss against a true contender is fine, two is acceptable, but once you pass that I really have to question how good of a team you are, and they lost FIVE straight. If Miami was a truly great team, or if LeBron was truly a great player, that never would have happened. LeBron is the most physically gifted player in the game, maybe ever, but it's just abundantly clear that he doesn't have that eff you edge that all of the great ones have had. He doesn't need to have it at MJ's level or even Kobe's, but even the nicer legends like Magic have had it when they needed it, LeBron just doesn't, he doesn't seem capable of staring a great team in the eyes and saying "I don't care what you do to stop me, I'm winning this game". Perhaps the 48 point game against Detroit was an anomaly (and don't say that's impossible, we see it all the time, remember Vince Carter's 50 pointer against AI and the Sixers in '01? Bet you thought he was headed for a greatness). Bottom line is I just don't think as currently constructed this team can win the title. There are certain things that truly great teams just always have, Miami doesn't have those things, and to say that they could win the title anyway goes against everything the history of the NBA has taught us. There's a reason Russell always beat Wilt, there's a reason the '04 Pistons beat the Lakers, and there's a reason that the Heat will not win the title this year.

FuriousJatt
03-15-2011, 04:20 PM
shaq said "ring for the queen" when he was traded to the cavs and people didnt bash him, because he didnt say the cavs will win the next 7 rings. lebron is the main reason heat is hated on... everytime he opens his mouth he says something to piss ppl off. bosh... well i just pity him... that dude has a face even mother isnt glad to see.

TO to the CHI
03-15-2011, 04:21 PM
your a HUGE hater in my book. every post you have you look at heat hate. lol everyteam has dumbs fans s thats a reason to hate a team. there are A LOT of dumb celtics fans trust me i live in ma people will say stuff like ray is the best sg in the league and stuff like that but i dont hate the team less for it and if i gotta a dollar for every homer lakers and bulls post bill gates would be borrowing money from me lol. advise...quit being a hater and get a new sig. i laugh at clowns like you. :laugh:

I totally forgot an additional reason that the Heat are hated, they have more bandwagon fans than any other team ATM.

stensley
03-15-2011, 04:24 PM

because you meet playoff teams in the playoff...if you can't beat in the regular season what's your chances in the playoff?

FuriousJatt
03-15-2011, 04:27 PM
I totally forgot an additional reason that the Heat are hated, they have more bandwagon fans than any other team ATM.
that is true. i knw some "real fans of cavs and kings" here in nocal. they used to calll themselves lifelong cavs fans or kings fans and now all of a sudden they are lifelong heat fans. im not saying all the heat fans are dumbasses, but i would say almost all of their recent, bandwagon fans sure are.

Hopkins
03-15-2011, 04:43 PM
You see folks? That is the answer for everything when concerning the hatred toward the HEAT. Kinda of funny tbh because EVERYONE uses it. That dumb whore Michelle Beadle form SN likes to use it the most. She is a prototypical hater.

maybe you always hear people bringing it up because its true..... just saying.

SteBO
03-15-2011, 04:53 PM
oF

For the fans? OK. All non-member heat fans apologize as weshould have recognized it was for the fans. Not to spike advertising deals, season ticket sales, and stoke the big threes egos. Whatever helps u get over the egos on ur favorite team. Jeez... some off this stuff just amazes me.

Did I not say that I see how it would rub people the wrong way? Read the post again dude.

TO to the CHI
03-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Did I not say that I see how it would rub people the wrong way? Read the post again dude.

You also said that if it angered other fans, that was just too bad. So where do you stand exactly?

It seems to me that it is totally reasonable for the Heat (and their fans) to take a position that they are going to do what they see as being best and not worry what anyone thinks. I have no problem with that. But I don't understand the whining and surprise when they are hated for it. Just embrace your roles as the new NWO and hope that you will actually win something to EARN some respect (and maybe a little even love cause everyone loves a winner).

SteBO
03-15-2011, 05:06 PM
You also said that if it angered other fans, that was just too bad. So where do you stand exactly?

It seems to me that it is totally reasonable for the Heat (and their fans) to take a position that they are going to do what they see as being best and not worry what anyone thinks. I have no problem with that. But I don't understand the whining and surprise when they are hated for it. Just embrace your roles as the new NWO and hope that you will actually win something to EARN some respect (and maybe a little even love cause everyone loves a winner).
It did anger other fans, and I get why they would be. Like I said, I didn't even like the celebration. I though it was too much, but for it to be continued to be brought up by opposing fans is the problem I have. I'm used to the hate already anyway, but still, it's annoying when it's getting repeated over and over again. I'm looking at it from both sides here. It happened months ago, but it's all this site seems to talk about.

TO to the CHI
03-15-2011, 05:10 PM
It did anger other fans, and I get why they would be. Like I said, I didn't even like the celebration. I though it was too much, but for it to be continued to be brought up by opposing fans is the problem I have. I'm used to the hate already anyway, but still, it's annoying when it's getting repeated over and over again. I'm looking at it from both sides here. It happened months ago, but it's all this site seems to talk about.

It will continue to get repeated until the Heat win a title or get broken up. I am not saying that is the right approach, but people have long memories and the vocal majority of Heat fans say stupid things to encourage it (again, not all Heat fans or even a majority, just the vocal majority).

All you talk about on this site is the Heat, so why does it surprise you that you read a ton about the Heat and the hatred directed at them?????

SteBO
03-15-2011, 05:14 PM
It will continue to get repeated until the Heat win a title or get broken up. I am not saying that is the right approach, but people have long memories and the vocal majority of Heat fans say stupid things to encourage it (again, not all Heat fans or even a majority, just the vocal majority).

All you talk about on this site is the Heat, so why does it surprise you that you read a ton about the Heat and the hatred directed at them?????
I'm a Heat fan yes, but they aren't all I talk about. I'm an NBA fan as well, so I know about almost every team in this league. It doesn't surprise me, it's just annoying, but you're correct I should just accept it more.

TO to the CHI
03-15-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm a Heat fan yes, but they aren't all I talk about. I'm an NBA fan as well, so I know about almost every team in this league. It doesn't surprise me, it's just annoying, but you're correct I should just accept it more.

We have discussed this before. I honestly believe you to be the most reasonable/balanced Heat fan on this site. And I respect that. But I do think that 80%+ of your posts are about the Heat and so I think you need to just accept the ballpark that you are playing in.

smiddy012
03-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Well when you claim you're going to win 7 or more champs before you even step on the court together that's kind of setting the bar a bit high...

Then we have to watch Lebron and Bosh gossip into the mic like jealous, bi-polar teenage girls... about to cry when they're losing, gods when they're winning... meanwhile Wade is sitting there like wtf did I get myself into.

The good news Heat fans, is that they've got room to grow emotionally.

SteBO
03-15-2011, 05:23 PM
We have discussed this before. I honestly believe you to be the most reasonable/balanced Heat fan on this site. And I respect that. But I do think that 80%+ of your posts are about the Heat and so I think you need to just accept the ballpark that you are playing in.
Since they are my favorite team, I do get attracted to the topic. I can do without the hating, but I can discuss it without bashing others. Besides, the vast majority of the topics here pertain to the Heat, so it's hard to not speak on their behalf.

sammid21
03-15-2011, 05:30 PM
Heat fans, get this straight. stop using the word hater. there is 2 types of ways to say it. you guys use hater as if everyones jealous of the heat... NOT true, stop using hater
the other type of hate is dispise or simply dont like, just because most people dont like the heat, makes them "haters"

NO ONE and i repeat NO ONE is jealous of the team Riley assembled. people just plainly dont like them big difference. again if they wouldve come to chicago instead of miami and they came with the same over blown ego then i wouldnt be liking them either.

Lebron copied jordan a little prematurely with the "not1, not 2...ect" rant. but jordan did it after they actually won a title, or i think he started that after the second or third, i dont remember.

Fool
03-15-2011, 05:39 PM
I couldn't care less about LeBron leaving Cleveland. I don't even care that he didn't tell the owner or whatever. He did what he thought was going to get him closer to a championship. That's fine. I wouldn't have done it the way he did though. I wouldn't have televised this hour long thing building up the entire city of Cleveland against you. I wouldn't have that "man this was tough" b.s. And a DEFINITELY wouldn't have done that awful introduction thing. Or the 8 championships thing. Or the 'they hate me because I'm black' thing. Or a lot of other things. LeBron's conduct is so questionable at times.

I honestly didn't like LeBron before this, and now I don't like him even more. I have no problem with Wade.

And I think this whole Big 3 thing that is starting to emerge is awful for the NBA. What happened to the days when teams only needed one superstar, and they built around him with solid contributors?

RIPSweetness34
03-16-2011, 12:51 AM

Actually, I'm very happy with where my team is at. Good guys, with good chemistry. The MVP of the league who is also a humble superstar, and one of the best if not the best defenses in the league. Players who can hit clutch shots (Deng, Korver, Rose), Rebounding out the ***, and a coach who knows what he is doing at every point in the game. This guy is so basketball smart and driven he has turned a .500 team into one of the best teams in the league And best of all, we didn't have to collude to get there, we did it the old fashion way through draft picks and Chemistry, picking up a key piece in Boozer along the way. Why would I want my team to be like yours when my team has beat your team every time they have played them?

stlbest5in2013
03-16-2011, 02:37 AM
does anyone really not understand why fans hate the heat?

its not their game, individually or as a team, its not the fact they are the heat.

here are some universal reasons:

1.the FACT that all 3 had this planned for a long time, and paraded through FA, making documenaries and the decesion for their own selfish reasons.

2.then they run their mouths and have a big spectacle, to talk about winning not 6, not 7, not 8 championships etc. without ever stepping on a nba court together, and neither of these guys EVER winning a championship on their own. between the 2.5, there is 1 ring, and that 1 ring belongs to wade, and he needed shaq to get that ring. you heat homers can debate it, and i agree he carried that team, but he has not won a thing without shaq, so he needed shaq.

the heat brought any hate on themselves, with their actions, lebron talks about karma being *****, well stop acting like one lebron and people wont refer to you as one. then after their antics, they wanted to talk the talk as well.

then d wade has to pout " the world is right again, the heat are losing" what?????? grow a pair you little balled bastard.

i cant speak for everyone, but i can for myself, if the 2.5 had handled their business like MEN, i would have no issues with them, most people likely would not. sure there would be some traditional haters, that hated the fact of a super team, teaming up. but most wouldnt give a ****, just like they do not in new york, most actually would like to see paul on the knicks. it might sound hypocritical, but i did not see amare and melo talking about 8 championships when they came to ny.

whitemamba33
03-16-2011, 02:49 AM

First of all, I couldn't care less about you and how you have me labeled in your little "book". I don't know who you are, I don't what teams you follow and I don't know what boards you post in. I'm flattered that you seem to know enough about me to follow me around and make notes about what I say, but I apologize that I don't care enough about you or your posting history to do the same. And you aren't even good at it. If you were, you'd know that I defended Miami in another thread recently and said that they are going to be dangerous come the playoffs.

"ummmm...dunno about you, but i've seen a lot of other reasons given."

THAT IS ALL I SAID. I didn't say I hate the Miami Heat, and I didn't even say that I agree with the other reasons that were given. All I'm saying is that other people gave other reasons why the hate the Heat instead of "the celebration". That is a fact. I didn't make that up, I didn't lie about it. There are other reasons. So from that one line that I wrote, you start talking about Ray Allen being the best SG in the league, and something about Bill Gates? Than you go on to talk about my sig like I even care about my sig at all?

Your post is nothing but a joke. You embarassed yourself by talking nonsense. Next time read what I say before you reply and maybe you won't come off so stupid. You wasted my time and everybody elses.

lol and stop stalking me...it's creepy.

KingPosey
03-16-2011, 02:56 AM

No one hates YOU. They hate the players on a team you like.

Yankees Suck
03-16-2011, 03:29 AM

:win::moon:

JordansBulls
03-16-2011, 10:46 AM

The Celtics don't have 2 MVP candidates and arguably the top 2 players in the league that got all the attention this past summer over a 2x defending champions and who also was predicted to have the best record this season including some saying 70+ wins. That is why.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
03-16-2011, 11:32 AM

thread should have been closed after this post.

mikealike305
03-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Ppl hate the heat cuz it is the popular thing to do. Also jealousy. Ppl love to hate things. Ppl look for reasons for it. Just human nature. It'll pass

koLohe2133
03-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Ppl hate the heat cuz it is the popular thing to do. Also jealousy. Ppl love to hate things. Ppl look for reasons for it. Just human nature. It'll pass

Wow. Could you be more pompous?

Ps- lebron it's lame you post on psd...go work on a post game

GREATNESS ONE
03-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Wow. Could you be more pompous?

Ps- lebron it's lame you post on psd...go work on a post game

:laugh::laugh::laugh: bbahahahahahahaha oh man I needed that

Yankees Suck
03-16-2011, 06:31 PM

I hate the Heat because they can not win when it matters. It is like watching a giant ape lose to a blind panda bear. It is just embarrassing.

blastmasta26
03-16-2011, 07:13 PM
As a Knick fan, I hate Boston, but I don't really hate the Heat. But Boston losing to poor teams is inconsequential. All they care about is getting off to a good start in the regular season, capturing a top 3 playoff seed, and proving they are still elite. Otherwise, they usually slow it down during the second half of the season and step it up in the playoffs, last season being further proof of this strategy's effectiveness.

Miami however, has everything to prove against elite teams but has fallen short. This, coupled with the fact that they can't hold big leads, is worrisome for teams that haven't solidified themselves yet. Miami is a talented team, but the Celtics have established themselves while many people wonder if the Heat can make it past them or Chicago in the playoffs.

RIPSweetness34
03-16-2011, 07:17 PM

Not much to be jealous of, we are in first place in the East and have 5 more rings then you guys. We also had the guy on our team that all your guys want to be. Sounds like you guys are actually jealous of us because thats what you want, is championships.

evadatam5150
03-16-2011, 07:43 PM

Everyone has their reasons for hating or disliking franchises.. My reason's are usually geography based.. I live on the West coast and I think the East coast sucks azz.. There doesn't really need to be any other reason or validation for me, I'm a sports fan and I'm dedicated to the franchises I love and there need not be any other validation whether you get it or not..

A fan (fanatic) can hate your team for the idiot comments they made before the season, because they colluded, because instead of trying to win it on their own they chose the easy way out, because they're talented enough individually that they didn't need to do what they did, because you left an entire city in the lurch, because what you did is akin to attempting to BUY a championship rather than earn it, because because because...

See you don't get to tell us why we can or cannot hate your team because you certainly can't see how their actions were repugnant in the first place.. Honestly I have a great deal of respect for Wade's game and Lebron's shear athletic ability.. What I can't stomach is that they took the easy way out by stacking the deck.. Where's the competition in that..?? Can you really call someone a competitor when he does what he can to make the playing field uneven..??

Either way, it's just a losing streak and has no bearing on what happens in the finals.. Teams are constantly riding waves throughout the season.. Whoever is riding the best one usually wins..

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-17-2011, 07:38 PM
Didn't want to make a thread out of it (even though i want to) because it would get closed anyways, but its funny how things work.

MJ: Dont be surprised if the Bulls win another 6 championships (or how ever he worded it, but this is what he basically said)

Not even a word has been spoken about this on PSD...

hugepatsfan
03-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Most people are acknoledging BOS's losses. Go look at the thread about the 1 seed. Most people that I've seen have the Heat actually passing them for the 7 seed.

However, people aren't really doubting BOS because they've made the Finals 2 of the last 3 years, and the 1 year they didn't KG didn't play in the postseason.

MIA doesn't have that pedigree, and it's not like they've proven themselves capable of beating playoff teams during the regular season, so how could you not at least have some level of doubt?

smith&wesson
03-17-2011, 08:01 PM
the celtics dont start crying when they lose,

the celtics didnt promice the world 8 championships.

the celtics dont want to just "chill"

im sorry but some of these heat players bring the negative attention to themselves.

jmcelligott92
03-17-2011, 08:20 PM
because jordan said that about another team other than the team he owns ..... not a team he played on ..... also not a team he hasnt even had a practice with at the time

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-17-2011, 09:59 PM
because jordan said that about another team other than the team he owns ..... not a team he played on ..... also not a team he hasnt even had a practice with at the time

Uhhh so?

Phil Jackson makes comments all the time about other teams and it gets 500 comments from it.

If ANYONE said that about the HEAT.....