PDA

View Full Version : Who was further off???

Chill_Will_24
03-14-2011, 06:49 PM
From the end of last years finals to this point... Which NBA analyst/journalist from TNT, NBATV, or ESPN looks most foolish right now? Who was most accurate in their assessments? I seem to remember Barkley predicting that not only would NY not make the playoffs but he went on to say that the Nets would finish with the better record.... Then there was Van Gundy with his "Heat winning 72 and never losing two in a row" prediction...

Sly Guy
03-14-2011, 07:34 PM
anyone who takes barkley seriously.....

anyway, what happened to the whole 'heat check' thing? The race to 72-or something? Did ESPN take that down? Or is it still going on?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Van Gundy saying the Heat will break the wins record.

Arch Stanton
03-14-2011, 08:51 PM
What other NBA analysts predicted things beside JVG and Barkley?

Cano4prez
03-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Van Gundy and it's not close

What?
03-14-2011, 11:48 PM
jvg

``They will break the single-season win record [of 72],'' Jeff Van Gundy said. ``And I think they have a legit shot at the Lakers' 33-game [winning] streak [in 1971-72], as well. And only the Lakers have even a remote shot at beating them in a playoff series. They will never lose two games in a row this year.

``They have put together a much better roster than anybody could ever have expected,'' Van Gundy added. ``There is now no good way to defend them. They are unguardable. They are indefensible. They are just too good and have added so much shooting and are so versatile that they will score at will.

``And with Erik Spoelstra coaching, they will be in the top three defensive teams in the league, as well. The other 29 teams better hope the lockout gets moved up a year.''

THE GIPPER
03-14-2011, 11:57 PM
Reggie Miller said the lakers would go 20-1 in there first 21 games.

bulls_world23
03-15-2011, 12:04 AM
JVG is a moron. He has the iq of a doorknob

shizzle09
03-15-2011, 12:07 AM
Van Gundy

Chitownhero14
03-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Anyone that said the Heat would break the record, they had no shot whatsoever! Spurs could've but no one predicted it and i always had a feeling they'd slow down.

GREATNESS ONE
03-15-2011, 12:53 AM
jvg

``They will break the single-season win record [of 72],'' Jeff Van Gundy said. ``And I think they have a legit shot at the Lakers' 33-game [winning] streak [in 1971-72], as well. And only the Lakers have even a remote shot at beating them in a playoff series. They will never lose two games in a row this year.

``They have put together a much better roster than anybody could ever have expected,'' Van Gundy added. ``There is now no good way to defend them. They are unguardable. They are indefensible. They are just too good and have added so much shooting and are so versatile that they will score at will.

``And with Erik Spoelstra coaching, they will be in the top three defensive teams in the league, as well. The other 29 teams better hope the lockout gets moved up a year.''

LMAO oh WOW :facepalm: <-- second one ever