PDA

View Full Version : Perkins calls Pau 'soft', Phil Jackson 'arrogant'

Gators123
03-14-2011, 05:48 PM
http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/27902398

In the newest issue of ESPN the Mag , Perkins and Kevin Durant were both asked a couple of the same questions with both having mostly differing opinions. All of it was pretty interesting, but the question, “Lakers: Team to beat or old news?” brought out the best in Perk.

“Yesterday’s news,” he said. “I don’t like Pau Gasol or Phil Jackson. Phil is arrogant. Pau is soft. Kobe tries to bring out his toughness, but he’s still soft.”

Can't wait to see the Thunder vs Lakers in the WCF ;)

D Roses Bulls
03-14-2011, 05:51 PM
he calls pau soft but isnt perkins the one always injured? good one perkins :facepalm:

In other News, Perkins was probably injured while giving this interview.

SteveNash
03-14-2011, 05:52 PM
He's right. And being injured doesn't necessarily make you soft.

Doogolas
03-14-2011, 05:53 PM
:laugh2: If I had more rings than fingers, I'd be arrogant too.

Hustlenomics
03-14-2011, 05:53 PM
he ain't lying

hugepatsfan
03-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Does anyone not think PJ is arrogant. You have to be such a blind dick rider of his to not say that he's arrogant.

ManRam
After hearing Jalen talk last night I'll give some :clap: for some harmless trash talking.

Still got that Celtic Green blood.

pd1dish
lol hes probably right but Pau Gasol is a better player than Perkins

also, Phil Jackson is one of the greatest coaches so hes earned the right to be arrogant

Jonathan2323
Speaks the truth.

oh by the way he's playing tonight

Avenged
03-14-2011, 06:00 PM
He called Kobe soft... OOOOOOK.

edit: nevermind.

hugepatsfan
03-14-2011, 06:03 PM

I think he meant Kobe tries to bring out Pau's toughness but Pau is still soft. Perk came straight to the NBA from HS, so please excuse him. :laugh2:

Baller1
03-14-2011, 06:04 PM
I can't wait to watch Ibaka and Perkins hold down the paint together.

Southsideheat
03-14-2011, 06:04 PM
Every player and coach in the NBA calls Perkins "most overrated."

Seriously though, he's not......that........good.

Lakers + Giants
03-14-2011, 06:07 PM

No, he called Gasol soft, and said kobe tries to toughen him up. He is just speaking truth though Gasol is soft, but he'd still rape Perkins. Phil is arrogant, but that's what 11 championships do to you. . :p

Knickrocketsfan
03-14-2011, 06:08 PM
he calls pau soft but isnt perkins the one always injured? good one perkins :facepalm:

is bob sanders soft?:facepalm:

Klivlend
03-14-2011, 06:08 PM

Dude, being injured has nothing to do with being soft player. Bob Sanders is always injured, would anyone call him a soft player. Hell no.

kblo247
03-14-2011, 06:09 PM
No, he called Gasol soft, and said kobe tries to toughen him up. He is just speaking truth though Gasol is soft, but he'd still rape Perkins. Phil is arrogant, but that's what 11 championships do to you. . :p

11 as a coach
2 as a player

Hell 1 in the CBA

smith&wesson
03-14-2011, 06:10 PM

it makes him more frail, which is another word for soft.

and if your not injured as much it must mean your more durable, which is tougher then frail thats for sure.

and who is this perkins guy ? calling out an 11 time champion coach and an all star caliber player who is a defending champ ?

ok 1 .. get healthy perk.. 2 see is things pan out for you in okc. 3 you have to earn your stripes before calling out hall of famers.

perk your 1-2 injuries away from being greg oden versian 2.0 so lock off your mouth son.

Lim
03-14-2011, 06:11 PM
who cares if pau is soft, hes a future hall o famer in my opinion but perk is just some mediocre tough guy who wont even sniff the hall of fame but at least hes tough right?

anjoe29
03-14-2011, 06:11 PM
did perkins just injured his head?haha

Lakerhead4ever
03-14-2011, 06:12 PM
This guy been in the nba since 03 and was unheard of until garnett came in.

i smell a little jealousy. i mean really, u dnt like a guy bcuz hes too soft? lmao. but is a top 15 player? and has more rings then u do. hahaha.

i bet he would love to play for the lakers, he just being a grouch as usual. he must of forgot hes in a thunder jersey, that mean guy persona can stop now

Htownballa1622
03-14-2011, 06:13 PM
He's right.phil is arrogant.he always tries to stir ish up talking about other players.he wins yes, but what happens when his teams lose. He bolts.

He does win though once again (for yall lakers fans who only read the last sentence)

Anyway idk if pau is "soft" but he screams like a b**** for everything and flops around alot so perk may have a point.

anyway.hope these two meet in playoffs.

SUPER5
03-14-2011, 06:14 PM

so true.........it means he's delicate! hahahahahahaaahahahaha lmao i just had to throw that jab in there:D

bulls_world23
03-14-2011, 06:15 PM
who cares if pau is soft, hes a future hall o famer in my opinion but perk is just some mediocre tough guy who wont even sniff the hall of fame but at least hes tough right?

Hall of famer? :laugh:
I hope that was a joke

SUPER5
03-14-2011, 06:16 PM
it makes him more frail, which is another word for soft.

and if your not injured as much it must mean your more durable, which is tougher then frail thats for sure.

and who is this perkins guy ? calling out an 11 time champion coach and an all star caliber player who is a defending champ ?

ok 1 .. get healthy perk.. 2 see is things pan out for you in okc. 3 you have to earn your stripes before calling out hall of famers.

perk your 1-2 injuries away from being greg oden versian 2.0 so lock off your mouth son.

^THIS:clap:

Mishmin
03-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Gotta love Perk. He's not with my celtics anymore, but much luck to him on the west coast. You can take Perk out of Boston, but you can't take the Boston out of Perk.

kblo247
03-14-2011, 06:17 PM
He's right.phil is arrogant.he always tries to stir ish up talking about other players.he wins yes, but what happens when his teams lose. He bolts.

Anyway idk if pau is "soft" but he screams like a b**** for everything and flops around alot so perk may have a point.

anyway.hope these two meet in playoffs.

He isn't Larry Brown.

Last I checked he stuck right there in the trenches with a "Big 3" of Bryant, Odom, and Walton. They gave them no other talent besides a fat kid in Bynum and he stuck it out. In fact he coached won of the youngest teams to the Finals and then won with one of the youngest Finals teams ever. He developed Ariza, Farmar, Bynum, Brown, Vujacic, Turiaf, Walton, and to a lesser degree even Kobe and Fisher into full time starters

Avenged
03-14-2011, 06:21 PM
I think he meant Kobe tries to bring out Pau's toughness but Pau is still soft. Perk came straight to the NBA from HS, so please excuse him. :laugh2:

Yeah, I misread that part. :facepalm: :laugh2:

kblo247
03-14-2011, 06:22 PM
I hope that was a joke

Pau is a Hall of Famer since it is the BASKETBALL Hall of Fame.

He has a resume' for it
- 2 NBA rings
- Rookie of the Year
- 4 time all star
- FIBA MVP
- Eurobasket MVP
- Spanish King's Cup MVP
- Spanish Final's MVP
- 7 other MVP awards in Europe
- 4 gold medals, 3 silver medals, and 2 bronze medals

The selection committee takes into account overseas play and as it stands the only foreign player with a chance of being seen as more decorated is Manu because of an extra NBA ring

Htownballa1622
03-14-2011, 06:22 PM
He isn't Larry Brown.

Last I checked he stuck right there in the trenches with a "Big 3" of Bryant, Odom, and Walton. They gave them no other talent besides a fat kid in Bynum and he stuck it out. In fact he coached won of the youngest teams to the Finals and then won with one of the youngest Finals teams ever. He developed Ariza, Farmar, Bynum, Brown, Vujacic, Turiaf, Walton, and to a lesser degree even Kobe and Fisher into full time starters

True about larry brown.

That's just what I think when I think of lakers being mediocre a few years back between their championship runs.

I just think some coachesARE BETTER, they just didn't have kobe, shaq, mj, etc..

Lakerhead4ever
03-14-2011, 06:23 PM
Gotta love Perk. He's not with my celtics anymore, but much luck to him on the west coast. You can take Perk out of Boston, but you can't take the Boston out of Perk.

yes u can, he lives in Oklahoma now buddy

Rndy
03-14-2011, 06:24 PM
In my opinion Phil Jackson can say basically what ever he wants. I may not agree with some things or even like them. But as the greatest(and luckiest) coach of all time when he speaks people listen. Sure he's had some of the best teams of all time. But to put all those egos aside and play winning team basketball, he deserves even more credit. You can give me The same teams and I'd just stand there and say work on your eFG%!

DerekRE_3

So Gerald Wallace is soft? No.

redsox0717
If Pau deserves to go into the Hall, then so does Brian Scalabrine

Teeboy1487
03-14-2011, 06:25 PM
Yet he is 10 times better than you Prick I mean Perk.

Lakerhead4ever

He has a resume' for it
- 2 NBA rings
- Rookie of the Year
- 4 time all star
- FIBA MVP
- Eurobasket MVP
- Spanish King's Cup MVP
- Spanish Final's MVP

The selection committee takes into account overseas play and as it stands the only foreign player with a chance of being seen as more decorated is Manu because of an extra NBA ring

Lol i guess u told him huh haha

J-Relo

i thought there was no question about that :eyebrow:

Avenged
03-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Their head to head matchups doesn't really show Pau as being as soft as he says he is. Pau is a soft, no denying it, but he still gets his stats against Perkins.

Htownballa1622
03-14-2011, 06:26 PM
In my opinion Phil Jackson can say basically what ever he wants. I may not agree with some things or even like them. But as the greatest(and luckiest) coach of all time when he speaks people listen.

This...is how I feel

kblo247
03-14-2011, 06:27 PM
Their head to head matchups doesn't really show Pau as being as soft as he says he is. Pau is a soft, no denying it, but he still gets his stats against Perkins.

Yep, he just isn't the last line of defense you want if you are the Lakers primarily protecting the goal.

smith&wesson
03-14-2011, 06:29 PM

Sounds like someones taken the brain out of perkins head. boston is better with out him and has succesfully replaced him by krtic that should tell you somthing right there.

you aint **** perk, you get replaced by krtic, so again pls stfu!!

KmB728
03-14-2011, 06:29 PM
Love it Perk LOVE IT

Lim
03-14-2011, 06:32 PM
I hope that was a joke

ill bet u $100 that he will make it to the hall

D Roses Bulls
03-14-2011, 06:37 PM
is bob sanders soft?:facepalm:

I'm sorry, when did bob sanders start playing basketball? football is a totally different sport and obviously you cant be soft if you play in the NFL.

D Roses Bulls
03-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Dude, being injured has nothing to do with being soft player. Bob Sanders is always injured, would anyone call him a soft player. Hell no.

again, bob sanders plays FOOTBALL!!! football is more of a contact sport

bulls_world23
03-14-2011, 06:38 PM
ill bet u $100 that he will make it to the hall

I still think it's a bit of a stretch.

smith&wesson
03-14-2011, 06:39 PM
did perkins just injured his head?haha

I really think soo. lets all pray for him . i heard he tripped, fell and landed on a crack pipe.

smith&wesson
03-14-2011, 06:39 PM

pau is a future hall of famer. dont get it twisted.

210Don
03-14-2011, 06:40 PM
who cares thunder are a second round exit....

knightstemplar
03-14-2011, 06:41 PM
he ain't lying

gasol had the most rebounds and blocks in that series, u mad?

Hustlenomics
03-14-2011, 06:43 PM
gasol had the most rebounds and blocks in that series, u mad?

which series? in 08 when they lost?

knightstemplar
03-14-2011, 06:44 PM

2010 when they won

Hustlenomics
03-14-2011, 06:46 PM
2010 when they won

still soft

knightstemplar
03-14-2011, 06:47 PM
still soft

and you and perk are still mad

TboneM3
03-14-2011, 06:48 PM
still soft

:clap:

Wish I was soft enough to win an NBA championship.

I mean 2 championships.

Hustlenomics
03-14-2011, 06:49 PM
and you and perk are still mad

me not at all, but Perkins never smiled since he joined the league

knightstemplar
03-14-2011, 06:50 PM

I mean 2 championships.

:laugh:

perks still :cry:

PrettyBoyJ
03-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Perkins can say anything he wants about Pau, he'll never be as good as him.. It would be funny if Pau responded and says Perkins has no basketball skills... and should work on them before taking a jab at him

Hustlenomics
03-14-2011, 06:53 PM

I mean 2 championships.

all you got to do is scream and throw your arms around the entire 4th quarter and shoot at least 20 free throws :cool:

knightstemplar
03-14-2011, 06:55 PM
all you got to do is scream and throw your arms around the entire 4th quarter and shoot at least 20 free throws :cool:

hahaha your still mad, you guys were up 13 in the 3rd quarter...haha hows that taste

smith&wesson
03-14-2011, 06:56 PM
still soft

SOFT ? you wanna talk soft ?

i recall a dude name paul pierce rolling around on the ground crying like a girl, his team mates carried his *** off the court like he was dieing, and just a couple mins later came running back in to the game ? thats soft.

i like paul pierce. i just cant stand perkins. at least if it was paul peirce saying this stuff you can say, well hey its paul pierce this guy is allowed to talk he has some stripes. but who the F is perkins ?

Hustlenomics
03-14-2011, 07:02 PM
hahaha your still mad, you guys were up 13 in the 3rd quarter...haha hows that taste

hahaha...:o

SOFT ? you wanna talk soft ?

i recall a dude name paul pierce rolling around on the ground crying like a girl, his team mates carried his *** off the court like he was dieing, and just a couple mins later came running back in to the game ? thats soft.

i like paul pierce. i just cant stand perkins. at least if it was paul peirce saying this stuff you can say, well hey its paul pierce this guy is allowed to talk he has some stripes. but who the F is perkins ?

I recall him winning that championship after that incident. And his soft self played after getting stabbed 12 times. Why are you so worked up over this though? are you a Laker fan?

Purple&Gold24
03-14-2011, 07:18 PM

:ouch: thats gotta hurt hahah you jst :burn: him. But thats what he gets :punish

smith&wesson
03-14-2011, 07:19 PM
hahaha...:o

I recall him winning that championship after that incident. And his soft self played after getting stabbed 12 times. Why are you so worked up over this though? are you a Laker fan?

so its not ok for pau to be soft even though he won 2 ships. but its ok for pierce to be soft so long as he won a ship ? :eyebrow:

and getting stabbed up doesnt make you tough. it makes you a patient in the emergency room. with that being said. i like paul pierce, my point was dont stick up for perkins just cuz your a celtic fan. he cant call out hall of fame coaches and championship caliber players.

if bynam was shooting off at the mouth about ray allen, kevin garnet and doc rivers, i would have the same exact reaction. i just think its a punk move on perkins part .. and i like boston 10 x more now that he isnt in a celtic uniform.

yes, im a perkins hater.... he acts like he is soo tough and badass, someone should remind him he isnt an mma fighter he is playing a non contact sport.

smith&wesson
03-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Double post.

GREATNESS ONE
03-14-2011, 07:20 PM
The Best Big Man in the Playoffs the last 2 years is soft? lmao

GREATNESS ONE
03-14-2011, 07:21 PM

It's not. He's Hands down already in.

GREATNESS ONE
03-14-2011, 07:22 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh: bahahahaha had me rolling !

Hustlenomics
03-14-2011, 07:22 PM
so its not ok for pau to be soft even though he wona ship. but its ok for pierce to be soft so long as he won a ship ? :eyebrow:

and getting stabbed up doesnt make you tough. it makes you a patient in the emergency room. with that being said. i like paul pierce, my point was dont stick up for perkins just cuz your a celtic fan. he has no weight he cant call out hall of fame coaches and championship caliber players.

if bynam was shooting off at the mouth about ray allen, kevin garnet and doc rivers, i would have the same exact reaction. i just think its a punk move on perkins part .. and i like boston 10 x more now that he isnt in a celtic uniform.

yes, im a perkins hater.... he acts like he is soo tough and badass, someone should remind him he isnt an mma fighter he is playing a non contact sport.
except that Paul Pierce isn't soft like Gasol. OK you don't like Perkins I was wondering why you got worked up over this

ne3xchamps
03-14-2011, 07:25 PM
lol hes probably right but Pau Gasol is a better player than Perkins

also, Phil Jackson is one of the greatest coaches so hes earned the right to be arrogant

He is not one of the greatest coaches. He was given ungodly amount of talent and won rings. He is good dealing with a lot of egos though, I will give him that much. He is so arrogant because he got the chance to coach 2 of the best players of my generation.

knightstemplar
03-14-2011, 07:27 PM
He is not one of the greatest coaches. He was given ungodly amount of talent and won rings. He is good dealing with a lot of egos though, I will give him that much. He is so arrogant because he got the chance to coach 2 of the best players of my generation.

:facepalm:

smith&wesson
03-14-2011, 07:27 PM
except that Paul Pierce isn't soft like Gasol. OK you don't like Perkins I was wondering why you got worked up over this

If i saw pau gasol on the ground rolling around crying only to fully walk back to the court 2 mins later and continue playing i might agree with you.

im not worked up i just dont like that goof. plus im at work. this is the most fun ive had at work since. .. well since friday lol

ne3xchamps
03-14-2011, 07:30 PM
:facepalm:

why the F are u giving me facepalm? like I said he was given so much talent, its hard to not to win alot of rings.

knightstemplar
03-14-2011, 07:32 PM
why the F are u giving me facepalm? like I said he was given so much talent, its hard to not to win alot of rings.

popavich had duncan, red aurback had russel, to win a title you have to have a good team, duh

just look at erik spolstra he has wade and lebron, lets see how they do

Baller1
03-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Pau really is a ***** in all seriousness though.

GREATNESS ONE
03-14-2011, 07:37 PM
popavich had duncan, red aurback had russel, to win a title you have to have a good team, duh

It's different for him. He probably would defend the crap out of Bellicheck being the best coach.

smith&wesson
03-14-2011, 07:38 PM

Because all coaches who have won rings, have had a great roster. so the baist can not be made towards phil only. name me a coach who has won a ring with out any real talent on the team ?

right.

D1JM
03-14-2011, 07:49 PM
Does anyone not think PJ is arrogant. You have to be such a blind dick rider of his to not say that he's arrogant.

He has a ring on his penis because he doesnt have enough fingers in his hand for his 11th ring. I think I would be a little arrogant too

bulls_world23
03-14-2011, 07:52 PM

THIS.

tonyd3b54
03-14-2011, 07:57 PM
people do know this is perkin's first major injury right? and hes right... pau is a huge puss...

Nighthawk
03-14-2011, 08:05 PM
So is Boozer soft because hes been injured? NOOOO

Perk may be injury prone, but when on the court hes tough as nails. Nothing soft about him.

Hes right. Phil is arrogant and Pau is soft. Sure laker fans feel the need to come in and justify things. But everything Perk said was true.

smith&wesson
03-14-2011, 08:08 PM
perkins may not be soft ... but he is easily one of the ugliest mother****ers i have ever seen in my life.

unwantedplayer
03-14-2011, 08:20 PM
yes u can, he lives in Oklahoma now buddy

Can you read? He said you can take Perk out of Boston, but you can't take the Boston out of Perk.... You saying that he lived in Oklahoma now proves his point.

I'm sorry, when did bob sanders start playing basketball? football is a totally different sport and obviously you cant be soft if you play in the NFL.

Right, while it may be a different sport, you still need to be tough in basketball. Bob Sanders is oft-injured.. so by your logic, he is soft.

Not sure where you get the whole "he's soft because he get's injured" thing because getting injured is not related to how tough you are in any way, shape, or form. Perk could still kick your *** without having two legs.

USMCLaker
03-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Why all this soft talk from Perk? Maybe he has been dealing with some ED issues and he's just redirecting his struggles through twitter.

jayball41
03-14-2011, 08:39 PM
Why is Perkins ALWAYS so angry?

Tony_Starks
03-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Perkins still bitter I see. Yeah Gasol is so soft he almost singlehandedly outrebounded their entire frontcourt for the finals but ok keep talkin Perk. Also funny how he never mentions Bynum since he's the one matched up against him most of the time.... Gasols matched up with KG.

He needs to be more concerned with why he has the knees of an 80 year old man.......

Geargo Wallace
03-14-2011, 08:48 PM
Perkins still bitter I see. Yeah Gasol is so soft he almost singlehandedly outrebounded their entire frontcourt for the finals but ok keep talkin Perk. Also funny how he never mentions Bynum since he's the one matched up against him most of the time.... Gasols matched up with KG.

He needs to be more concerned with why he has the knees of an 80 year old man.......

If Perk played in the final game I bet the rebounding #'s wouldn't have been so lopsided. How does Perk have the knees of an 80 year old? Maybe since you're mentioning Bynum we should talk about his knees.

smith&wesson
03-14-2011, 08:49 PM

I always knew that guy tony starks was a genius

jayball41
03-14-2011, 09:07 PM
I think Perkins is just jealous that Gasol has more post moves in his pinky finger than Perkins has in his whole body. Nice try Scowl Face

Trueblue2
03-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Pau's playing style doesn't make him soft, pounding the paint isn't his game or his role on the team. Pau is exactly what the lakers need him to be, most of the people who call him soft just parrot what they heard from other players, hes not a true center and he's shown a lot of toughness stepping up in that role because of Bynums injury problems. Of course people with more muscle on their frame can overpower him, but he's a power forward playing center and he's still a damn good center.

Perkins may go hard to the rim and go after boards but if you're made of glass you got no place talking **** on someone elses game.

If pau is soft Perkins is brittle. One bends one breaks, which would you rather have on your team?

Fnom11
03-14-2011, 09:27 PM
Another play speaks the truth and apparently this is news.....

shep33
03-14-2011, 09:27 PM
If Perk played in the final game I bet the rebounding #'s wouldn't have been so lopsided. How does Perk have the knees of an 80 year old? Maybe since you're mentioning Bynum we should talk about his knees.

I hate this argument because people negate what Rasheed Wallace gave them in game 7. The guy played his heart out gave them more offense with the same defensive output in that game. People should realize that Perkins was far from a rebounding machine in he series against LA, in fact, there were games where the Lakers still owned them on the glass when Perkins was playing.

Bullsfan22
03-14-2011, 09:33 PM
If you call injury prone being soft then he is too.

pd1dish
03-14-2011, 09:36 PM

lol i swear, everything this kid says has something to do with the '08 championship. too bad thats going to be your last for a long time

Gram
03-14-2011, 09:37 PM
lol i swear, everything this kid says has something to do with the '08 championship. too bad thats going to be your last for a long time

Agreed!

pd1dish
03-14-2011, 09:38 PM

He has a resume' for it
- 2 NBA rings
- Rookie of the Year
- 4 time all star
- FIBA MVP
- Eurobasket MVP
- Spanish King's Cup MVP
- Spanish Final's MVP

i didnt realize he had accomplished all of this. before i saw this post, i was in the boat of people saying that he wasnt a HOF'er. however, those awards should easily make him a HOF player (and i hate the lakers and gasol with a passion, but i can admit when a player is good unlike most people on this forum).

Hustlenomics
03-14-2011, 09:41 PM

your team hasn't won a championship since the 90's shut up you sound dumb

M.Bibby2.0
03-14-2011, 09:43 PM
Artest should knock him out. "whos soft now?!"
jks, hope perk is right and beats LA

what54!?
03-14-2011, 09:44 PM
I kinda agree but phil has 11 rings as a coach (hell 13 as a whole) he can say what he wants to say. Its not a secret gasol isn't the toughest player nor does he always dominant but half the leauge would want him....

Gram
03-14-2011, 09:44 PM

Weren't you the Iverson fan? Stick to him and not ride some Celtic bandwagons eh? ;)

Hustlenomics
03-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Weren't you the Iverson fan? Stick to him and not ride some Celtic bandwagons eh? ;)

gotta keep it G rated

Hustlenomics
03-14-2011, 09:49 PM
really Avenged?

pd1dish
03-14-2011, 09:49 PM

HA!!!!! my team had the greatest basketball player of all time and the '95-'96 Bulls are the greatest team of all time, but i dont bring it up in every post when im trying to argue for the Bulls. your only argument consists of the '08 celtics and saying "shut up you sound dumb". you sound like my 12 year old cousin. he knows nothing about sports, and he makes the same remarks as you. are YOU my 12 year old cousin?!?!?!?!?!?!?

your dumb

hahahahahahahaha....SEE!!!!! this was posted as i was making this post, but a mod edited his original post to "gotta keep it g rated"

Gram
03-14-2011, 09:50 PM
This is a soft post!!!

;)

Hustlenomics
03-14-2011, 09:52 PM
HA!!!!! my team had the greatest basketball player of all time and the '95-'96 Bulls are the greatest team of all time, but i dont bring it up in every post when im trying to argue for the Bulls. your only argument consists of the '08 celtics and saying "shut up you sound dumb" makes you like my 12 year old cousin. he knows nothing about sports, and he makes the same remarks as you. are YOU my 12 year old cousin?!?!?!?!?!?!?

yes he is the greatest and that reign was two decades ago. Tell em why you're mad though

Frezhnitz
03-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Pau is soft. But he'sd still better then Perkins.

Gram
03-14-2011, 09:54 PM
gotta keep it G rated

lol yeah Mods are creeping this thread. ;)

knightstemplar
03-14-2011, 09:55 PM

hahaha celtics are gonna win anymore for a while

Hustlenomics
03-14-2011, 09:57 PM
well his post was very stupid no offense to him

VANEXEL9
03-14-2011, 10:04 PM

gasol is not soft, please dont call anyone soft if you never stepped on the court yourself as a pro, you have no idea what you're talking about.

rickshaw
03-14-2011, 10:12 PM

its pretty hard to rape someone when your soft. maybe some viagra beforehand?

Avenged
03-14-2011, 10:13 PM
really Avenged?

Really what? what did I do?

buch88
03-14-2011, 10:23 PM
maybe perkins watched the Pau Gasoft video on youtube lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjRizobEQig

Gasol is definitely soft. Perkins is statin the obvious. Christ pau, you're 7 feet tall. Quit getting thrown around like a rag doll.

Hellcrooner
03-14-2011, 10:26 PM
On other News Brad Branson Calls Kareem Abdul Jabbar soft.

Pity Pau is too much an educated person to remember Perkins in his Hof speech.

AddiX
03-14-2011, 10:35 PM
gasol is not soft, please dont call anyone soft if you never stepped on the court yourself as a pro, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Yeah, because the NBA is such a physically damaging sport. It's the only sport in the world you touch a guy with your pinky and everyone is up in arms over no one calling a foul.

Give me a break.

Jenceman
03-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Cool, Pau is soft...he's also 10X better than Perkins. Perkins is a role player, Pau is a borderline superstar and future HOF.

And yes, I think one deserves to be athletic when you have won 13 goddamn NBA championships.

AntiG
03-14-2011, 10:59 PM
Nothing but the truth. There's a reason Pau is nicknamed Gasoft.

And Phil is an arrogant prick. Nothing really wrong with it though. A lot of the best out there in any sport are arrogant.

Super.
03-14-2011, 11:13 PM
For anyone who thinks "Pau would destroy Perkins"

Perkins has some of the best defensive statistics of a big man. Just throwing that out there. I would however like to see his defensive statistics with a full season in OKC.

Oh and the fact that Pau is a PF and Perkins is a C.

soonabooma
03-14-2011, 11:48 PM

He's probably the best defensive big man in the league. He's the guy that they look at and say "go guard Dwight, or go guard Bynum", and he can do it. I wouldn't call that overrated. Now that we've got Perkins, Serge Ibaka is gonna be a straight up beast covering guys one on one. This will be the frontcourt tandem that can legitimately give Bynum/Gasol a run for their money.

whitemamba33
03-15-2011, 12:06 AM
Of course Phil is arrogant..but why shouldn't he be? His resume speaks for itself. That doesn't mean I'm going to hate for it. Was Jordan arrogant? Kobe? Hell...Muhammed Ali was the most arrogant man i've ever seen. But they all have one thing in common: championships.

And no offense, but a major reason Boston traded Perkins was because he was going to ask for more money...so lets not pretend there isn't a little arrogance in him as well.

And Gasol certainly isn't a tough guy..but he's not built that way. He's a finesse player. We got Kobe, Fisher, Artest, and Matt Barnes on this team...we don't need another tough guy.

Anilyzer
03-15-2011, 12:06 AM
doubt OKC will be there

whitemamba33
03-15-2011, 12:39 AM
One of my favorite PJ quotes:
"They go down as never having lost a playoff series".

This was in response to Perkins getting traded and Doc Rivers commenting that there starting lineup is unbeaten.

Tony_Starks
03-15-2011, 03:04 AM

He played through games 1-6 and Gasol completely murdered him on the boards. Speaking of Bynum a hurt Bynum playing on one leg was still able to neutralize him. What does that tell you? He's just bitter because Gasol is widely recognized as the most skilled big man in the game and he's fresh off a trade because Boston saw he was expendable.....

Bruno
03-15-2011, 04:05 AM
:laugh2:

Gotta love Perkins. You know missing game seven is killin' him inside to this day.

EdGein812
03-15-2011, 04:32 AM
Of course Phil is arrogant..but why shouldn't he be? His resume speaks for itself. That doesn't mean I'm going to hate for it. Was Jordan arrogant? Kobe? Hell...Muhammed Ali was the most arrogant man i've ever seen. But they all have one thing in common: championships.

And no offense, but a major reason Boston traded Perkins was because he was going to ask for more money...so lets not pretend there isn't a little arrogance in him as well.

And Gasol certainly isn't a tough guy..but he's not built that way. He's a finesse player. We got Kobe, Fisher, Artest, and Matt Barnes on this team...we don't need another tough guy.

Kobe, Fisher, and Barnes are tough guys? Seriously?

Fool
03-15-2011, 04:35 AM

Have you ever seen Matt Barnes play?

Sorry Perkins, Phil can't hear you over his 13 rings.

Afro
03-15-2011, 04:40 AM
1. Phil Jackson has the right to be as arrogant as he wants.

2. Soft and injury-prone are two entirely different things.

JNA17
03-15-2011, 05:08 AM
yet Pau is soft enough to play in game 7 last year while Perkins is SOOOOOO tough that he sat out that same game. What a toughy!

EdGein812
03-15-2011, 06:36 AM

Yes I have. Ron Artest is tough. Ben Wallace is tough. Shaquille O'neal is tough. Matt Barnes is not tough. Kobe is one of the biggest *****es in the league. Get the **** out of here with that ********. Just cos you're a fan of their team it doesn't mean they're flawless. The 3 names mentioned are many good-to-great things but tough doesn't enter into the conversation. I get it. You're a Laker fan. You hate the Celtics and Perkins' connection. Defend your team at all costs, but you are wrong. I don't like Perkins either but what he said was simply true. Get your panties in a bunch if it makes you feel better.

Crackadalic
03-15-2011, 06:50 AM
So pau is a little soft so what. His talent and skillset outweighs the softness and help him get 2 rings.

Crackadalic
03-15-2011, 06:50 AM
Double Post

ilovemyangel
03-15-2011, 07:44 AM

yes, we had an extensive look at barnes in the playoffs when he was with the magic. he is not tough, not at all. Artest is tough, Ben Wallace is tough, Shaq is tough, and Perkins is tough,and Barnes is not.

speaking of which, Gasol is a damn good player, i wouldn't call him soft. He's.... just very flexible and good at flailing his arms lol

magichatnumber9
03-15-2011, 07:46 AM
I thought Kendrick Perkins was the greatest thing since sliced bread?

nickdymez
03-15-2011, 08:24 AM

Delete your account

bagwell368
03-15-2011, 08:35 AM
yet Pau is soft enough to play in game 7 last year while Perkins is SOOOOOO tough that he sat out that same game. What a toughy!

Please, you would have been screaming like a little girl with a torn MCL and PCL injury to your knee. We can all see how observant you are. 14 much?

bagwell368
03-15-2011, 08:39 AM
So pau is a little soft so what. His talent and skillset outweighs the softness and help him get 2 rings.

Anyone that would trade Gasol's career and ability for Perkins shouldn't post here.

So says the Celts fan since 1966 - me. Perkins was less important to the Celtics in his time then Paul Silas was in his. A forgettable role player. The Celtics are better off after the deal, believe me.

JNA17
03-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Please, you would have been screaming like a little girl with a torn MCL and PCL injury to your knee. We can all see how observant you are. 14 much?

Tell that to Blair the guy with NO ACLs on either legs. You don't see him cry or injury riddled do you? Now that's a tough guy. Cute Boston fan still supporting a player who's on another team now. Very humble and admirable. I applaud you :clap: .

Avenged
03-15-2011, 12:03 PM
When Barnes was getting in Kobe's face when he was a Magic, he was the toughest SOB who didn't take crap from anyone.. But now that he's a Laker, he's not tough? :laugh2: Fickle.

Yanks All Day
03-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Tell that to Blair the guy with NO ACLs on either legs. You don't see him cry or injury riddled do you? Now that's a tough guy. Cute Boston fan still supporting a player who's on another team now. Very humble and admirable. I applaud you :clap: .

DeJuan Blair is also a medical miracle. The exception, not the rule.

whitemamba33
03-15-2011, 12:29 PM

Not tough in the sense that they are crap so they go around taking stupid hard fouls because their minutes don't mean anything.

But Kobe's playing on a busted ankle and can play very physical man to man defense when he needs to.

Fishers the same. The guy almost never misses a game, even when Kwame Brown tries to destroy his elbow lol. On top of that, he's excellent at taking charges, and right up in anybodys face on defense.

Barnes earned my respect when he was on the Magic and he didn't take **** from Kobe. I'm a Lakers fan..that should have pissed me off. But I respected it.

nickdymez
03-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Not tough in the sense that they are crap so they go around taking stupid hard fouls because their minutes don't mean anything.

But Kobe's playing on a busted ankle and can play very physical man to man defense when he needs to.

Fishers the same. The guy almost never misses a game, even when Kwame Brown tries to destroy his elbow lol. On top of that, he's excellent at taking charges, and right up in anybodys face on defense.

Barnes earned my respect when he was on the Magic and he didn't take **** from Kobe. I'm a Lakers fan..that should have pissed me off. But I respected it.

I felt the same way.

Gibby23
03-15-2011, 12:34 PM

Im pretty sure he was in pain and couldn't play each time he tore his ACLs. He had them removed, recovered, and got back on the court, not the day or week after he tore them.

moneygman
03-15-2011, 01:40 PM

THANK YOU!!!!!! He really is. He's going to have to be the key defensively for OKC to win in the playoffs, but he's ONLY Kendrick Perkins.

Tarheels23
03-15-2011, 01:41 PM

In other News, Perkins was probably injured while giving this interview.

Why is he always injured? Because he tore his ACL in June and played 6 months later?

If anyone is always injured its Boozer buddy.

Back on track, Perkins is right. Pau is soft. Possibly the softest big man in the NBA. Phil is arrogant. Extremely arrogant. But he is still one of the best coaches in NBA history.

Perkins' hatred toward the Lakers is pretty obvious, but he does speak the truth

tonyd3b54
03-15-2011, 01:57 PM

you do know that human beings are suppose to be smarter than their dogs right?

Fool
03-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Yes I have. Ron Artest is tough. Ben Wallace is tough. Shaquille O'neal is tough. Matt Barnes is not tough. Kobe is one of the biggest *****es in the league. Get the **** out of here with that ********. Just cos you're a fan of their team it doesn't mean they're flawless. The 3 names mentioned are many good-to-great things but tough doesn't enter into the conversation. I get it. You're a Laker fan. You hate the Celtics and Perkins' connection. Defend your team at all costs, but you are wrong. I don't like Perkins either but what he said was simply true. Get your panties in a bunch if it makes you feel better.

Uhhh...what? :laugh:

Yes, you're right. I wasn't differentiating tough from scrappy. And I never said they're flawless. And what he said was true but he still comes off as a whiny little *****. Pau is ten times the player that Perkins ever will be, and Phil is one of the greatest coaches ever.

And get real man...Kobe is tough. He plays with broken fingers and sprained ankles and is constantly beat to hell. Please try to argue otherwise.

ilovemyangel
03-15-2011, 02:52 PM

Apparently Blair had surgery on his knees before he came to the league and his body somehow broke down his ACL and absorbed them with something pertaining to scar tissues. So my point is, he is not in pain just becoz he has no ACLs. Your arguements are...kinda silly. Anyway the way out is just down the hallway, 3rd door to the left.

Tony_Starks
03-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Forget about soft, I love how he says the Lakers are "old news" basically because he doesn't like them. Forget the fact that they're 2 time defending champs, on an impressive post allstar run AND have served both his former and current teams this year.... not like that matters or anything.

Fool
03-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Forget about soft, I love how he says the Lakers are "old news" basically because he doesn't like them. Forget the fact that they're 2 time defending champs, on an impressive post allstar run AND have served both his former and current teams this year.... not like that matters or anything.

Seriously. If anything is old news it's Kendrick Perkins.

lakeshow3peat
03-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Perkins lol say all you want buddy but last year you went out in the finals this year i am thinking 2nd round so shut yo mouth you are done wearing green n white you should feel free and relieved

Baller1
03-15-2011, 03:30 PM
I can't wait for Perkins to knock Pau the **** out in the playoffs.

Jenceman
03-15-2011, 03:37 PM
I doubt that happens.

Trueblue2
03-15-2011, 07:43 PM
Perk, a center, got out rebounded and outscored by a soft power forward... So what's that make him? Finesse=\=soft gasol found a way to score and be effective, that's him doing him.

Take MMA for example, theres huge mofos that can break a brick wall with a right cross that get tapped out by skinny lanky guys who look like thy have no place in the octagon. Are submission experts in the ufc soft? Hell no, so why would finesse players in the NBA be considered soft.

USMCLaker
03-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Message to Perkins:

So kendra perky what's it like to know that any team would trade two of you to get this soft player.

Lakerhead4ever
03-15-2011, 09:38 PM
i didnt realize he had accomplished all of this. before i saw this post, i was in the boat of people saying that he wasnt a HOF'er. however, those awards should easily make him a HOF player (and i hate the lakers and gasol with a passion, but i can admit when a player is good unlike most people on this forum).

quick question bro, why do u hate the lakers with such a passion?

Lakerhead4ever
03-15-2011, 09:40 PM
I can't wait for Perkins to knock Pau the **** out in the playoffs.

why such the hate? its not like the lakers and the thunder are rivals or anything.

dang i didnt know pau had this many haters, sheesh

evadatam5150
03-15-2011, 10:09 PM

Nope but flapping your pie hole from the sidelines whilst you can't help your team doesn't really do anything to drive home your point... Neither does Gasol scoring 19 and bagging 18 rebounds in the Finals against Perks team.. Basically he out rebounded Garnett, Big Baby and Bald spot in game 7.. Jealous much Perk, cause this really sounds like nothing more than sour grapes..

PippensBulls
03-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Just trash talk. Nothing new here. Grow a pair if you find this offensive.

EdGein812
03-15-2011, 10:21 PM
Uhhh...what? :laugh:

Yes, you're right. I wasn't differentiating tough from scrappy. And I never said they're flawless. And what he said was true but he still comes off as a whiny little *****. Pau is ten times the player that Perkins ever will be, and Phil is one of the greatest coaches ever.

And get real man...Kobe is tough. He plays with broken fingers and sprained ankles and is constantly beat to hell. Please try to argue otherwise.

I know I'm right. And I didn't say you said they were flawless, I'm just pointing out that you, being a fan, are quick to stick up for your team no matter what, even if what's being said is true.

Perkins wasn't being whiny, he was talking ****, speaking the truth. You again are being spiteful and bashing him for bashing yours. I've never liked Perkins, but again he simply stated the truth. He never said he was better than Pau so don't bring that into the equation, that's not what we're arguing here. Of course Pau is better, I don't remember Perkins saying he wasn't, do you?

And no Kobe is still one of the biggest ******* in the league no matter how high of a pedestal you want to place him on. What player sits on the bench with a broken finger anyways? And his ankle sprain clearly wasn't severe. Not trying to bash him, I'm just sayin'.

He's always been a *****, though.

championships
03-15-2011, 10:52 PM
I know I'm right. And I didn't say you said they were flawless, I'm just pointing out that you, being a fan, are quick to stick up for your team no matter what, even if what's being said is true.

Perkins wasn't being whiny, he was talking ****, speaking the truth. You again are being spiteful and bashing him for bashing yours. I've never liked Perkins, but again he simply stated the truth. He never said he was better than Pau so don't bring that into the equation, that's not what we're arguing here. Of course Pau is better, I don't remember Perkins saying he wasn't, do you?

And no Kobe is still one of the biggest ******* in the league no matter how high of a pedestal you want to place him on. What player sits on the bench with a broken finger anyways? And his ankle sprain clearly wasn't severe. Not trying to bash him, I'm just sayin'.

He's always been a *****, though.

Are ****ing kidding me. Dude you have had too much to drink, your cut off. Did you see how bad he twisted his ankle. Kobes ankle literally touched the floor, straight nasty. Almost no one comes back the next game, let alone come back in that game! Obviously you don't know what your talking about. Kobe plays through multiple injuries all the time.

EdGein812
03-15-2011, 11:03 PM
He's a ******.

EdGein812
03-15-2011, 11:05 PM
Are ****ing kidding me. Dude you have had too much to drink, your cut off. Did you see how bad he twisted his ankle. Kobes ankle literally touched the floor, straight nasty. Almost no one comes back the next game, let alone come back in that game! Obviously you don't know what your talking about. Kobe plays through multiple injuries all the time.

It doesn't matter how bad it looked, if it was bad they wouldn't even want him to play at this point in the season.

I heard he's currently playing through swollen ***** lips.

Kobes a Killer
03-15-2011, 11:19 PM
It doesn't matter how bad it looked, if it was bad they wouldn't even want him to play at this point in the season.

I heard he's currently playing through swollen ***** lips.

Wow dude, a 4 year old would laugh in your face for calling Kobe a *****. Hater at its finest right here. Kobe plays through multiple unjuries and is one of the toughest players in the NBA. Hate much? You mad about something? Sour Grapes? Dude you just sound so stupid I can't even get over it right now, I'm lost for words. Some of the biggest Kobe haters in the world give him credit for being a tough SOB, lay off the crack pipe dude

EdGein812
03-15-2011, 11:42 PM
Oh yeah, he's The Black Mamba right? Must be a bad ***. My bad.

EdGein812
03-15-2011, 11:51 PM
Wow dude, a 4 year old would laugh in your face for calling Kobe a *****. Hater at its finest right here. Kobe plays through multiple unjuries and is one of the toughest players in the NBA. Hate much? You mad about something? Sour Grapes? Dude you just sound so stupid I can't even get over it right now, I'm lost for words. Some of the biggest Kobe haters in the world give him credit for being a tough SOB, lay off the crack pipe dude

That's cos a 4 year old don't know ****.

He's far from tough. I clearly am not a "fan" but I'll acknowledge him as the best player in the league. But again, you're on his nuts, so you're going to defend him no matter what, but Kobe ****in' Bryant is not a tough guy. A great player? Yes. Tough? That's a ****in' joke. Besides, have you ever heard him talk. He's grown up some but man he can be a little *****. Total flaming ******.

I'm not trying to goad, just goddamn, Kobe is not tough!!!!!! :facepalm:

The Flash
03-16-2011, 12:01 AM
Ok so Perk is not soft, he's just Fragile