PDA

View Full Version : Trades you're glad your team made and trades you regret

numba1CHANGsta
03-14-2011, 04:34 PM
What was a trade you're glad your team made and one that you regret from them doing?

The one im glad they made was the trade of Divac for Kobe :clap:

The one I regret is Caron Butler for Kwame Brown :facepalm:

Hawkeye15
03-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Loved- Mayo and garbage for Love and better garbage

Hated- Sam Cassell and a #1 pick for Marko Jaric (really McFail?)

Gators123
03-14-2011, 04:46 PM
I loved the trades that helped build us a championship team...

A couple bench players and first round picks for Rasheed Wallace

Stackhouse for Rip Hamilton

Grant Hill for Atkins and Ben Wallace.

I regret the Billups for AI trade. A trade needed to happen, but I always hated AI.

netsgiantsyanks
03-14-2011, 04:48 PM
loved-deron williams for devin harris, derrick favors, 2 first round picks and vince carter for trash
hated-the vince carter trade to orlando

abe_froman
03-14-2011, 04:53 PM
loved: all time-polynice for pippen
recently- eddy curry for the draft rights to joakim noah and tyrus thomas(technically lamarcus aldridge)

hated-ron atrest and brad miller(right before their breakouts) for jalen rose

maddBat
03-14-2011, 05:04 PM
loved-deron williams for devin harris, derrick favors, 2 first round picks and vince carter for trash
hated-the vince carter trade to orlando

beat me 2 it. HATED the VC trade. but it does equal out since we traded crap 4 him 2. love the dwill and jkidd trade.

Arch Stanton
03-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, Cedrick Simmons, and Shannon Brown for Ben Wallace, Delonte West, and Joe Smith.

Arch Stanton
03-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Mo Williams for Damon Jones, and Joe Smith

Cracka2HI!
03-14-2011, 05:46 PM
What was a trade you're glad your team made and one that you regret from them doing?

The one im glad they made was the trade of Divac for Kobe :clap:

Well you would have not gotten Pau without the Kwame trade

hgtiger32
03-14-2011, 05:49 PM
ray allen for 1/2 season of gary payton and desmond mason. i hated it obviously.

oh and when we traded draft rights of dirk nowitzki for tractor traylor

only good trade i can think of is waaaayyyy back in the day when we traded for oscar robertson.

Sixerlover
03-14-2011, 05:50 PM
The Sixers have NEVER made a trade that I look back on and can say I loved it. I wasn't around for the Dr J / Moses era so there goes those 2 deals.

pd1dish
03-14-2011, 05:53 PM
hated and now i love:

bulls drafted lamarcus aldridge and traded him for tyrus thomas on draft day. however, if we had aldridge, we would have probably had more wins which would have affected our lottery position and we probably wouldnt have Rose right now

Niro
03-14-2011, 06:09 PM
loved - idk???! i guess that david lee sign&trade but there is no straight trade the warriors did in the last couple years that was good. i think the last good one was that baron trade with the hornets

hated- everything since 2007

topdog
03-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Love Joe Smith for Cassel and Ervin Johnson.

Hate Ray Allen for Marbury.

CityofTreez
03-14-2011, 06:29 PM
The Sac Kings traded Mike Bibby for crap. We got housed on that

Trading Webber to the 76er's was terrible too (for both sides). Corliss/Thomas/Bradley/Barnes was way too much in salary at the time. We were ****ed with Kenny Thomas for years, and we never cherished Matt Barnes like we should've.

On the other hand, acquiring Thornton from the Hornets for Landry is really looking like a great move. Happy to say I don't regret that move.

cbritz4
03-14-2011, 06:34 PM
jj hickson is our best player but i regret the cavs not getting STAT how could they not pull the trigger,

i guess i love getting rid of mo williams and moon for b diddy and the 1st

acehole
03-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Hated - where do I start? Basically every trade Isiah ever made

Loved - Oakley for Camby, Starks for Spree

Oak and Starks are Knicks legends but they were pretty much done and we traded them for two players who helped take us to the finals.

GunFactor187
03-14-2011, 06:37 PM

I regret the Billups for AI trade. A trade needed to happen, but I always hated AI.

Exactly my sentiments...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-14-2011, 06:43 PM
The one I regret is Caron Butler for Pau Gasol

really:p

llemon
03-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Nets fan. Didn't like thes trades (NBA).

Julius to Philly, but really a sale

Brian Taylor for Tiny Archibald

Bernard King for Rich Kelley

Buck Williams to Portland, but that was a mercy trade to accomodate Buck

Montross & Jim Jackson for KVH

Cassell for Marbury

Vince for Zo, 2 Williams' and two picks.

Including Ryan Anderson when Nets dumped Carter when they could have kept RA amd gotten Reddick

CDR trade

T-Will trade.

KingPosey
03-14-2011, 06:58 PM

Trading Webber to the 76er's was terrible too (for both sides). Corliss/Thomas/Bradley/Barnes was way too much in salary at the time. We were ****ed with Kenny Thomas for years, and we never cherished Matt Barnes like we should've.

On the other hand, acquiring Thornton from the Hornets for Landry is really looking like a great move. Happy to say I don't regret that move.

ya but all that trade ends up boiling down to is trading Kevin Martin for Thornton, essentially. Thornton is sick, but KMart is probably better.

SACNYY
03-14-2011, 07:06 PM

Kwame brought you Pau Gasol. So I'd say it was worth trading Caron.

knightstemplar
03-14-2011, 07:08 PM
glad - gasol trade

regret - getting kwame "stonehands" brown

SACNYY
03-14-2011, 07:09 PM

This

CityofTreez
03-14-2011, 07:16 PM
ya but all that trade ends up boiling down to is trading Kevin Martin for Thornton, essentially. Thornton is sick, but KMart is probably better.

Martin didn't show that much potential in his 2nd year.

Granted, K-Mart was unfortunately drafted and rode the bench for Adelman, stunting his early NBA years.

I think the verdict is still out on Thornton, dude is a scoring machine and plays defense, and K-Mart could only do one of those.

TexasBoy4Life
03-14-2011, 07:41 PM
LIKED.... When the Lakers and Charlotte Hornets pulled off a deal involving All-Stars Glen Rice and Eddie Jones. L.A. sent Jones and Elden Campbell to Charlotte for Rice, J.R. Reid and B.J. Armstrong, who was subsequently waived. Rice averaged 17.5 points in 27 games and 18.3 ppg in the playoffs for the Lakers.

hustleloyrspct
03-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Hated: Ron Artest and Brad Miller and filler for jalen rose and travis best
Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler and Brian Skinner
Loved: Andres Nocioni, Drew Gooden and filler for Brad Miller and John Salmons

UKblazers
03-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Loved-Brandon Roy for randy foye,Brandons peak of 3 years will trump anything foye will achieve in the next 10 years
Loved-Aldridge for tyrus Thomas

Hated-Gasol to memphis,any trade that improves L.A is bad for a Portland fan

UKblazers
03-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Martin didn't show that much potential in his 2nd year.

Granted, K-Mart was unfortunately drafted and rode the bench for Adelman, stunting his early NBA years.

I think the verdict is still out on Thornton, dude is a scoring machine and plays defense, and K-Mart could only do one of those.

Huh?.thorntons terrible defense is the reason the hornets traded him.

dturpin598
03-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Dirk for the Tractor.

Gibby
03-14-2011, 07:59 PM
Hated - Vince carter for eric & aaron williams, mourning, 2 1st rounders (neither were high picks)

Hated - T.J Ford, Rasho, draft rights to roy hibbert for Jermaine O'neal

Loved - Antawn Jamison for Vince carter

Loved - Johnathan Bender for Antonio Davis

numba1CHANGsta
03-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Well you would have not gotten Pau without the Kwame trade

Kwame brought you Pau Gasol. So I'd say it was worth trading Caron.

Well I was talking about the overall trade value at the time, there's many pieces from previous bad trades that have been involved in getting a good trade in the future. But i'm just talking about the general trade at the time.

Arch Stanton
03-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Didn't like: An overweight, coked-out Shawn Kemp to the Cavs for Terrell Brandon and Tyron Hill.

ChI_ShIzzLe
03-14-2011, 08:18 PM

Wait..all this time I thought you were a Heat fan :confused:

roshan3ai
03-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Loved: Trading Renaldo Balkman for two players w/ unguaranteed contracts (who were later cut) and a 2nd Round pick who tuned out to be Landry Fields

ZBo for Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley

Crawford for Al Harrington (even though I hate Al, it freed up cap space)

Hated:

Isiah Thomas's moves... All of them

Voodoo Alchemy
03-14-2011, 08:26 PM
The Sixers have NEVER made a trade that I look back on and can say I loved it. I wasn't around for the Dr J / Moses era so there goes those 2 deals.

those were the glory days when the sixers got malone and they swept the lakers in the finals. fo-fo-fo

DwayneMVPwade
03-14-2011, 08:30 PM
HATE: Hibbert and tj ford for J.Oneal

Gators123
03-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Wait..all this time I thought you were a Heat fan :confused:

:laugh2: Nope.

DwayneMVPwade
03-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Hated - Vince carter for eric & aaron williams, mourning, 2 1st rounders (neither were high picks)

Hated - T.J Ford, Rasho, draft rights to roy hibbert for Jermaine O'neal

Loved - Antawn Jamison for Vince carter

Loved - Johnathan Bender for Antonio Davis

I hated this one too. Rob BobCOCK worst Gm in the history of the NBA

03-14-2011, 08:39 PM
Bulls fan here....

Favorite Trade - Getting Scottie Pippen for Olden Polynice
Least Favorite Trade - Tyson Chandler for PJ Brown and JR Smith then subsequently giving away JR Smith for nothing
Best Trade To Not Happen - Not trading Omer Asik at the deadline for Courtney Lee

Gram
03-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Stackhouse for Hamilton,

Afflalo for second rounders. :facepalm:

shep33
03-14-2011, 09:34 PM
Lakers fan: Thankful deals that never went through....

-Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum for Jermaine O'neal
-Andrew Bynum + fillers for Jason Kidd
-not a trade... but the Lakers were about to offer Mike Miller the full MLE this past summer, he ended up wanting to play for Miami, so we kinda dodged a bullet there.
-There were rumors of KG for Bynum and Odom too I believe.

Hellbound
03-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Wasn't there a rumor or maybe it was more than a rumor for a trade between Chicago & the Lakers several yrs ago. Kobe was the centerpiece & but the Bulls didnt want to part with Deng?

Rocketsfan85
03-14-2011, 09:43 PM
Loved Scola for a draft pick
Hated Rudy Gay for Battier

M.Bibby2.0
03-14-2011, 09:59 PM

To add to this, Peja for Artest was pretty good. Peja regressed after that, Artest leads to getting greene and a pick for casspi i believe.

And so far i like Landry for Thornton, and as some people were saying, Kmart is a bad defender, but at least Thornton has the build to be a solid defender, and has more time to learn

Storch
03-14-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm glad the Lakers traded Shaq and not Kobe. That is the trade that didn't happen that I'm most thankful for.

Chitownhero14
03-14-2011, 10:37 PM
hated trading away Elton Brand for the rights to Tyson Chandler, to team up 2 guys Curry, Chandler, that never did anyhtign for us!

Getting rid of BRad Miller, Ron Artest when they were young! We could've had J. Williams, J.Crawford, R. Artest, E.Brand, B.Miller for a strong 5!

JerseysFinest
03-14-2011, 10:44 PM
I HATED when the Nets traded Jefferson to Milwaukee for Bobby Simmons and Yi, and when they traded Chris Dougey Roberts for a 2nd round pick.

Loved the Deron Williams and Terrence Williams deals

gbrl
03-14-2011, 11:17 PM
rose for miller and artest
davis for oneal
oneal for hibbert and ford
murphy for collison

strahan92osi72
03-14-2011, 11:27 PM
Liked: Knicks trade Gallo, Chandler, etc. for Melo and Billups, Knicks trade Starks, Mills, etc. for Latrell Sprewell.
Hated: Knicks trade for Curry, Knicks trade for Steve Franchise.

madvillian9
03-14-2011, 11:50 PM
loved: all time-polynice for pippen
recently- eddy curry for the draft rights to joakim noah and tyrus thomas(technically lamarcus aldridge)

hated-ron atrest and brad miller(right before their breakouts) for jalen rose

perdue for rodman is up there too

lakerboy
03-14-2011, 11:58 PM
PAU GASOL for a bag of chips and Kwame Brown.

Crackadalic
03-15-2011, 12:05 AM
I loved when we traded for stephon marbury. homegrown player and full of talent. One of the best pg's in the nba at that time.

I hated when we traded for stephon starbury and found out he was a waste of 20mil and eats nothing but Vaseline. Getting 10 assists 5 dimes my *****

What?
03-15-2011, 12:07 AM
hated the Ron Artest and B. Miller for Jalen Rose
Brand for Curry or Chandler (can't remember which one)
Loved Curry for Noah and Aldridge

Chitownhero14
03-15-2011, 12:28 AM
PAU GASOL for a bag of chips and Kwame Brown.

Hey those chips were Bar B Q! Very high in value!

bringinwood
03-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Hated: Barkley for Hornacek, Perry and Lang... One of the worst trades in history...

Alot of Sixer trades I hate and love at the same time...

Iverson for Millers, Smith and two first round picks... Hate and love... Loved getting Miller and two first rounders... Hated letting Iverson go...

Webber, Barnes, and Bradley for Kenny Thomas, Corliss Williamson, and Brian Skinner... Hate and love... Hated Kenny Thomas with a passion but, arguably, got a worse player in C-Webb with a much much worse contract...

As was previously mentioned, there are no trades that can be singled out by the 76er franchise as a pure win...

It's actually rather sad since they've been an organization since 1939'...

I can't say I loved them getting Wilt because I wasn't close to being alive...

CityofTreez
03-15-2011, 01:43 AM
Webber, Barnes, and Bradley for Kenny Thomas, Corliss Williamson, and Brian Skinner... Hate and love... Hated Kenny Thomas with a passion but, arguably, got a worse player in C-Webb with a much much worse contract...

Such a terrible on both sides, it's not even funny.

DerekRE_3
03-15-2011, 02:04 AM
I'm glad we traded for Marcus Thornton

KingPosey
03-15-2011, 03:47 PM
To add to this, Peja for Artest was pretty good. Peja regressed after that, Artest leads to getting greene and a pick for casspi i believe.

And so far i like Landry for Thornton, and as some people were saying, Kmart is a bad defender, but at least Thornton has the build to be a solid defender, and has more time to learn

I like the Mighty Thor, but has the build? He is an undersized SG...

KmB728
03-15-2011, 04:03 PM

Not even when you guys got C Webb?

Iron24th
03-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Liked Pau for kwame and fillers
Hated Sasha for J.Smith

Fool
03-15-2011, 04:28 PM
The Gasol trade has produced two championships.

llemon
03-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Liked Pau for kwame and fillers
Hated Sasha for J.Smith

Sasha wasn't traded for Joe Smith.

llemon
03-15-2011, 05:27 PM
perdue for rodman is up there too

Rodman played himself off Spurs.

Denva4Life
03-15-2011, 06:00 PM
liked - trading melo. trading to get jr smith, and trading draft pics to get ty lawson

hated - trading camby for nothing lol .

Master Mind
03-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Hated trading Marcus Thornton

moshy2
03-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Loved: Speedy Claxton and Dale Davis for Baron Davis
Loved: Troy Murphy, Mike Dunleavy, Ike Diogu, and Keith McLeod for Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson, and 2 benchwarmers.
Even though I despise Baron, Al, And Stephen now, without them there's no Mavs upset.

Hate: Jason Richardson for Brandan Wright

leftymo
03-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Sasha wasn't traded for Joe Smith.

uh, yes he was...

my favorites are Vlade for Kobe and Pau for his brother, Kwame, 2 first rounders, and JCritt.

my less favorite was the Sasha trade.

my favorite yet, is the non-trades of Andrew Bynum for Kidd, Melo, and anyone else. Drew is a beast when healthy and in proper conditioning.