PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Kobe Thought He was done when He Suffered Ankle Injury

JordansBulls
03-14-2011, 04:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6213667

Saturday, Bryant said his initial thoughts about the injury were grim.

"I thought I was done, like done," Bryant said, describing the sprain as the scariest of his career. "I was just praying that when I stood up my foot was lined up straight. ... That scared the s--- out of me. I thought I dislocated it.

"We were all pretty scared ... to be honest with you because it looked horrible and it felt worse."

Bryant returned to the bench, and indicated to Jackson he was able to go.

"I asked him if he wanted to play. But he was there, and he said 'Yeah, I'm here to play,'" Jackson said Sunday. "He got back out there and helped us win it, but he was moving less than 100 percent."

Should Kobe be forced out of Monday's game, Jackson indicated it might not be the worst thing for him or the team.

"The big thing about Kobe last year is he played through a lot of injuries and then sat out for six games, and I thought it helped him out overall," he said.

Hawkeye15
03-14-2011, 04:24 PM
uh, I thought he was done a while after I saw that too. It was gross. But I was also not surprised he came back out. There is tough, and there is Kobe Bryant.

whitemamba33
03-14-2011, 04:37 PM
He did it for show..am i right guys?

:rolleyes:

Hawkeye15
03-14-2011, 04:41 PM

:laugh:

kblo247
03-14-2011, 04:56 PM
I thought he was done too, but I guess Nike didn't lie .... Kobe really has ankle insurance.

That was just horrible to look at, but I know he and Vitti will get it right. I just found it weird that Phil sent him back in to keep Marion off the glass after he himself said it was severe. Guess he thought adrenaline would get him through it.

knightstemplar
03-14-2011, 04:59 PM
that was scary for a laker fan, but he does have ankle insurance

lakeshow3peat
03-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Thats why kobe is great and one of the best players to play the game . Take notes Lebron dont pull a jay cutler and stand on the sidelines like a chump .

smith&wesson
03-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Kobe is a worrior.

championships
03-14-2011, 05:08 PM
That close to seeing the season go POOF into smoke.

JordansBulls
03-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Kobe is a worrior.

:confused:

mttwlsn16
03-14-2011, 05:14 PM
uh, I thought he was done a while after I saw that too. It was gross. But I was also not surprised he came back out. There is tough, and there is Kobe Bryant.

hate the lakers but this is SO true...have a lot of respect for #24

pd1dish
03-14-2011, 05:20 PM

did he pull a paul pierce?

ManRam
03-14-2011, 05:23 PM

That's honestly the first thing that came to my head.

Everything seems worse when it happens. Everything flashes before our eyes at the moment when it happens, and we panic. Kobe did it then, and admitted it to the public (for whatever motive), Pierce overreacted too (for whatever motive).

But who cares? I'm just personally glad that neither were as serious as they looked :shrug:

IAmKira
03-14-2011, 05:25 PM
i thought this been posted already..

Faycem
03-14-2011, 05:28 PM
That's honestly the first thing that came to my head.

Everything seems worse when it happens. Everything flashes before our eyes at the moment when it happens, and we panic. Kobe did it then, and admitted it to the public (for whatever motive), Pierce overreacted too (for whatever motive).

But who cares? I'm just personally glad that neither were as serious as they looked :shrug:

Kobe woke up, called a timeout, and went on his own feet to the bench. Please, don't insult us suggesting such a comparison.

Hustlenomics
03-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Thats why kobe is great and one of the best players to play the game . Take notes Lebron dont pull a jay cutler and stand on the sidelines like a chump .

Lebron did the same thing earlier this year :confused:

come back and win a championship? :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
03-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Kobe woke up, called a timeout, and went on his own feet to the bench. Please, don't insult us suggesting such a comparison.

and Paul Pierce was stabbed multiple times and played 2 weeks later. How is he insulting Kobe here?

Faycem
03-14-2011, 05:38 PM
and Paul Pierce was stabbed multiple times and played 2 weeks later. How is he insulting Kobe here?

We are comparing injuries in a game and comeback from it. On a weelchair or on his own feet.

Including the "stab situation" in this discussion, THAT is insulting my intelligence.

SteveNash
03-14-2011, 05:40 PM

Kobe wouldn't have missed a practice.

Car Ramrod
03-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Thats why Kobe has won championships and Vince Carter has nothing but memos telling him that 'you are traded, cabs waiting'.

Hawkeye15
03-14-2011, 05:41 PM
We are comparing injuries in a game and comeback from it. On a weelchair or on his own feet.

Including the "stab situation" in this discussion, THAT is insulting my intelligence.

no, tough is tough. You have obviously never heard a snap or tear in your body, and feared the worst.

They both came back. So the comparison is legit.

Jesus, calm down kobe defenders. The dude is tough, we all know this. But so is a man who gets stabbed multiple times, and is playing in 2 weeks.

Hawkeye15
03-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Thats why Kobe has won championships and Vince Carter has nothing but memos telling him that 'you are traded, cabs waiting'.

hahahahahahah

Faycem
03-14-2011, 05:45 PM
no, tough is tough. You have obviously never heard a snap or tear in your body, and feared the worst.

They both came back. So the comparison is legit.

Jesus, calm down kobe defenders. The dude is tough, we all know this. But so is a man who gets stabbed multiple times, and is playing in 2 weeks.

I'm cool, it's you coming from nowhere telling that is fair to compare pierce going out of the court on a weelchair and coming back as Rocky putting a WWF show in the NBA Finals just because he was stabbed a long time before. That's nonsense and has nothing to do with anything.

pd1dish
03-14-2011, 05:48 PM
come back and win a championship? :laugh2:

i was making a joke....dont cream yourself

Lakerhead4ever
03-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Damn man, why Kobe haters? i just dnt understand.

really tho this is a kobe thread and paul pierce name gets dropped in it?

how stupid

SA5195
03-14-2011, 06:03 PM
My stomach hurted after I saw his ankle sprain like that

KingPosey
03-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Kobe is a worrior.

Thats like a wArrior, but tougher. Or he meant that Kobe is just a worriEr, and it wasnt that bad. IDK honestly....

Jewelz0376
03-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Damn man, why Kobe haters? i just dnt understand.

really tho this is a kobe thread and paul pierce name gets dropped in it?

how stupid

I'm sorry but I haven't read a single one of your posts, because all I see is your sig lol...that thing is massive haha

anjoe29
03-14-2011, 06:12 PM

no. he is not paul pierce..

VRP723
03-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Thank god he's ok!

NYtilIdie
03-14-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm cool, it's you coming from nowhere telling that is fair to compare pierce going out of the court on a weelchair and coming back as Rocky putting a WWF show in the NBA Finals just because he was stabbed a long time before. That's nonsense and has nothing to do with anything.

um, WWF? (http://www.worldwildlife.org/home-full.html)

Faycem
03-14-2011, 06:20 PM
um, WWF? (http://www.worldwildlife.org/home-full.html)

LOL

this WWF http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg4xOJrI9XI

ManRam
03-14-2011, 06:30 PM

He said he thought he was "done". That's like an 8+ year injury. That's the definition of overreacting if I've ever heard of it. Again, I rationalized why he thought that, and even sympathized with him, so again, please don't say I'm insulting you. But, Pierce being on a wheelchair could be a 3 week thing...that's hardly any worse. I really wasn't trying to insult anyone. It's what I first thought. Pierce got a ton of **** for overreacting. Why is Kobe immune for ADMITTEDLY to the media overreacting himself.

I admitted that I couldn't care less...I'm just glad he's okay, and hope he plays tonight. If you rather me not express my thoughts, I'll be more robotic from now on.

Faycem
03-14-2011, 06:42 PM
He said he thought he was "done". That's like an 8+ year injury. That's the definition of overreacting if I've ever heard of it. Again, I rationalized why he thought that, and even sympathized with him, so again, please don't say I'm insulting you. But, Pierce being on a wheelchair could be a 3 week thing...that's hardly any worse. I really wasn't trying to insult anyone. It's what I first thought. Pierce got a ton of **** for overreacting. Why is Kobe immune for ADMITTEDLY to the media overreacting himself.

I admitted that I couldn't care less...I'm just glad he's okay, and hope he plays tonight. If you rather me not express my thoughts, I'll be more robotic from now on.

But the main reason of your thought is not correct. Because an overreaction is when his reaction is out of proportion. But Kobe didn't react at all. Just woke up, called a timeout and went to the bench, and then to the locker room. What Kobe has done is say later what he felt at the moment. That's why I feel insulted, because you say he overreacted like Pierce. Two completely different ways of dealing with the fear of a serious injury.

BrahCake954
03-14-2011, 06:43 PM
how is what i wrote baiting?

get a life mod

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-14-2011, 06:51 PM

thats a typo JB:cool:

Katspinal1313
03-14-2011, 06:57 PM
I just did the same thing to my ankle friday going to a layup....granted I wasn't as high off the ground.... But I thought I had broke my ankle, and by the way it swelled up everyone else did to... long story short, no broken bones but my **** is black and blue throughout my whole foot and I'm still gimping around. New respect for Kobe! Thats some heart right there to come back and compete that day.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-14-2011, 06:58 PM

get a life mod

:laugh2:

Green Storm
03-14-2011, 07:20 PM

Paul Pierce's mom used to come talk to the principle in high school because he always got punked, nobody ever respected him.

Gram
03-14-2011, 09:28 PM

Gram
03-14-2011, 09:28 PM

get a life mod