PDA

View Full Version : 45 Million dollar cap.....RE-Draft?...break up the teams?

ajnapoleon
03-13-2011, 08:53 AM
I dont think it would go down but damn ....it would spark alot of debate!!! since everyone wants one superstar..lebron back to the cavs? break up the lakers?..and before people get upset this is a convo i had with some buddies nothing more.

chitown815
03-13-2011, 09:41 AM
this is dumb

Sixerlover
03-13-2011, 09:47 AM
lol Buss, Cuban, Arison and the Bulls owner would start their own league before they did a "re-draft" and came back to the pack like that.

heattiltheend94
03-13-2011, 10:07 AM
it is ridiculous and not feasible. Rashard Lewis's contract would take over half of the Wizards cap space alone if this went through. Magic are hovering around 100 million in payrole, and I guarantee that no one wants Arenas, or Hedo due to their contracts. This will not happen, mark my words

blastmasta26
03-13-2011, 10:17 AM
it is ridiculous and not feasible. Rashard Lewis's contract would take over half of the Wizards cap space alone if this went through. Magic are hovering around 100 million in payrole, and I guarantee that no one wants Arenas, or Hedo due to their contracts. This will not happen, mark my words
Definitely, it's just unrealistic.

Gram
03-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Silly. lol.

gilly
03-13-2011, 10:28 AM
They' have to redraft the salary system, not go by past salaries.

baghdadbob
03-13-2011, 10:32 AM
IF they did 45MM they would probably make all players RFA and let the chips fall where they may.

Some teams like the Knicks would run out and spend 44.5MM on Shaq and then have nothing for the team.

Teams like Phil would wait and get Eric Gordon for $1MM per.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-13-2011, 10:35 AM
IF they did 45MM they would probably make all players RFA and let the chips fall where they may.

Some teams like the Knicks would run out and spend 44.5MM on Shaq and then have nothing for the team.

:confused:

PrettyBoyJ
03-13-2011, 10:40 AM
As much as some of these owners want a hard cap the league would never let that happen.. All the big market teams have bug contracts on their rosters, the league would lose so much money if the bi market teams aren't producing money from revenue

PhillyFaninLA
03-13-2011, 11:17 AM
When the NHL instituted its cap it scaled back player salaries. I don't think is what the NBA would do, I think they would put a hard cap in right away but give teams exceptions for current contracts. So you may be allowed to have a $70 million payroll if your current contracts put you at that number but you couldn't do other moves until you get down to that $45 million dollar number or whatever it would be.

BigCityofDreams
03-13-2011, 11:26 AM
As much as some of these owners want a hard cap the league would never let that happen.. All the big market teams have bug contracts on their rosters, the league would lose so much money if the bi market teams aren't producing money from revenue

This.

The owners in the NBA want to make this the NFL but they have to remember no one is the NFL. You can't copy their model and expect things to work out the same way.

AntiG
03-13-2011, 11:43 AM
the NBAPA would never allow this, if the NBA owners tried to force this say bye bye to the NBA for at least a year.

Chronz
03-13-2011, 04:54 PM

Can someone decipher this post for me

homestarunner93
03-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Well, if they do create a hardcap at $45 million, every team will get at least one amnesty cut. I also think that you would probably see like a one or two year window in which teams could get under this hardcap. I don't know that scaling back salaries is realistic since a lot of players could go to Europe and make more money.

pd1dish
03-13-2011, 05:16 PM

players would just have to reconstruct their contracts if they dont want to be traded or cut. guys like arenas would find themselves with no money and out of the NBA if they werent willing to take a pay cut. i support a hard cap but $45 mil is way too low.

pd1dish
03-13-2011, 05:18 PM

:confused:

Can someone decipher this post for me

lol i thought the same thing when reading baghdadbob's post haha

SirDJ
03-13-2011, 05:21 PM

so what your saying is that you should never be under the influence when posting on psd

Bishnoff
03-13-2011, 05:44 PM

Possibly the worst post I've ever read...

abe_froman
03-13-2011, 06:30 PM
1.i'm not all that amped for a hard cap
2.if there was one ,it'd have to be alot higher than 45 mil

and even though small market fans want it,i think it will hurt their cause more than help as players will be more driven to go to big markets than they are already,because they can make up that lost salary in endorsement deals that large cities can offer and small markets cant

John Walls Era
03-13-2011, 06:36 PM

I don't get it. So what you are trying to say is that: The Lakers are geniuses, Eric Gordan is an idiot and the Knicks still spend like imbeciles? All fallacies... seeing as how Lakers are always one of the teams with the highest player salaries and the Knicks aren't the Isiah Thomas Knicks.

todu82
03-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Yeah, this would never happen as it relates to a re-draft. I'd be interested to see what would happen with a hard cap as currently described as being 45 million.

Anilyzer
03-13-2011, 08:50 PM
I just would like to see the Lakers secure their second 3peat in the current era, before we entire the watered-down, cheapened, NBA-lite era where all the championships should require asterisks. *

*Won title in weakened league. All teams dismantled in re-draft and randomly distributed.

Anilyzer
03-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Then all those teams can finally get there, I guess; maybe they should have "co-champions" and just let all the small market teams share the Championship. Everybody is a winner.

But the Lakers will have the last REAL title and that will be enough to know that. We'll look back on it... wow, remember when the NBA was cool? Y'know, like 2 years ago?

Anilyzer
03-13-2011, 08:54 PM
Look how fast Charlie Sheen and Mubarak melted down.

The NBA could take itself apart rather quickly and could be easily replaced. Easily.

And they don't have an anti-trust exemption like the NFL.