PDA

View Full Version : Rambis May Be "Out" In Minnesota Just In Time To Be "In" Again With The Lakers

gr824
03-12-2011, 08:22 PM
The days of Kurt Rambis as the TimberWolves' head coach may be numbered. According to Ken Berger of CBSSports.com, expect Rambis to be fired once the regular season ends:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14797731/postups-enjoy-or-hate-this-version-of-heat-while-you-can

If Kurt is, indeed, 'let go' and Phil Jackson does retire as planned, Rambis may once again become a leading candidate to coach the Lakers next season. Of course, the fact that Rambis could muster only a few handfuls of win during two years in Minnesota may have tarnished his stock a bit, which could lead Buss and Family to look elsewhere for Jackson's replacement ... :shrug:

Bruno
03-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Niiiiice.

handle
03-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Maybe as a Lakers fan I'm just spoiled, but I'm not too excited about Rambis being coach. I'd like to see a veteran coach who has proven himself, won some playoff games, at least. I haven't seen Rambis do anything as a coach but lose. But then again, who else is there?

New Power House
03-12-2011, 08:44 PM
The days of Kurt Rambis as the TimberWolves' head coach may be numbered. According to Ken Berger of CBSSports.com, expect Rambis to be fired once the regular season ends:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14797731/postups-enjoy-or-hate-this-version-of-heat-while-you-can

If Kurt is, indeed, 'let go' and Phil Jackson does retire as planned, Rambis may once again become a leading candidate to coach the Lakers next season. Of course, the fact that Rambis could muster only a few handfuls of win during two years in Minnesota may have tarnished his stock a bit, which could lead Buss and Family to look elsewhere for Jackson's replacement ... :shrug:

This will be the biggest mistake that management have ever committed! This guy has not proven anything to take over this team. But, Cupcake's best friend!:facepalm:

New Power House
03-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Maybe as a Lakers fan I'm just spoiled, but I'm not too excited about Rambis being coach. I'd like to see a veteran coach who has proven himself, won some playoff games, at least. I haven't seen Rambis do anything as a coach but lose. But then again, who else is there?

Popovich!

_KB24_
03-12-2011, 08:55 PM
I wouldn't want him. The Twolves should have won more games. Shaw or Scott are still my first choices.

handle
03-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Jerry Sloan should be available...

handle
03-12-2011, 09:12 PM
I wouldn't want him. The Twolves should have won more games. Shaw or Scott are still my first choices.

Scott is OK and I like Shaw, but I don't think so. In these last few seasons of Kobe's career, he (and many fans) won't have much patience for a coach with not a lot of playoff experience. We don't have enough years left in Kobe's career to use some of them up on a coach who is learning on the job and has the potential to make mistakes in high-pressure situations... like a game 7, for example. Scott has a lot of experience, but how much playoff experience? And Shaw would be a rookie coach. I think the Lakers will try to bring Sloan in. Just please, for the love of god, don't let it be Larry Brown.

showtym24
03-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Sloan, Shaw, Van gundy

Bruno
03-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Having options doesn't hurt.

handle
03-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Sloan, Shaw, Van gundy

Van Gundy doesn't like Kobe or the Lakers. It's very obvious. That little weasel might take the job/money if offered, but he'll probably sabotage games we play against his favorite team and player: Miami / Lebron.

He probably won't even realize he's sabotaging the games, but his undying manlust for LeBron and desire to see him be the best player of all time will win out.

Teeboy1487
03-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Either him or Shaw for me.

DoubleDragon
03-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Popovich!

:drool::rock:

Faycem
03-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Tomjanovich? just kidding LOL

getting a coach that doesn't run away at mid season and having a really good defensive assistant coach is good enough for me.

when McMillan got the contract extension with Blazers I said "damn it!"

Hellcrooner
03-12-2011, 10:30 PM
I remember him coaching us.

Please, no thanks.

DOnt want shaw or any other unproven coach either.

Popovic, Sloan, one more year of phil or bust.

Hellcrooner
03-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Tomjanovich? just kidding LOL

getting a coach that doesn't run away at mid season and having a really good defensive assistant coach is good enough for me.

when McMillan got the contract extension with Blazers I said "damn it!"

YOu nuts?

Thanks god.

What do you want, gASOL playing garbage minutes?

ldawg
03-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Please no more triangle

Hellcrooner
03-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Please no more triangle

Agree, its time for Sloan or Pops.....Larry Brown....not so good but better than some triangle wanabee coach.-

Bruno
03-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Guys...Pop isn't coaching the Lakers. That's just not happening. I'd be SHOCKED if that happened.

handle
03-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Guys...Pop isn't coaching the Lakers. That's just not happening. I'd be SHOCKED if that happened.

He's a good coach, but I'd hate to see him coaching the Lakers. Can't stand the guy!

BigCityofDreams
03-12-2011, 11:53 PM
I remember him coaching us.

Please, no thanks.

DOnt want shaw or any other unproven coach either.

Popovic, Sloan, one more year of phil or bust.

Yea I'm not as high on Shaw as others are

Chacarron
03-13-2011, 12:33 AM
I wouldn't mind Rambis coaching our defense again. I do agree with a few of you, the triangle has run its course in L.A. If Phil does retire, management should look for a veteran option like Sloan---who I would love to have as a coach. Otherwise give Shaw a chance to coach.

lakersrock
03-13-2011, 12:36 AM
Coach K

He almost came to LA last time, he's proven he can coach NBA guys and he's losing a bunch of talent this year.

We might as well offer. Worst he can say is no.

He demands defense and ball movement.....both are key to winning titles.

KillaInstinct24
03-13-2011, 12:41 AM
personally id rather have rambis over shaw, for the simple fact that even though kobe respects shaw, he might at him as an equal since they once played together. who knows, i could be wrong. just speculating

lakers4sho
03-13-2011, 12:49 AM
Maybe we should put in new blood? Most of the old timers are either in a contract with their respective teams or are not interested.

I don't know about Sloan. His system didn't seem to produce championships.

Faycem
03-13-2011, 12:54 AM
YOu nuts?

Thanks god.

What do you want, gASOL playing garbage minutes?

Say what you want, but McMillan has made great seasons with 1/3 of the roster injured. That's great coaching.

Everyone hated the guy here in Spain because he didn't give play time to Sergio...well, he played with the Kings more or less the same with no Roy in that team and then cameback to the ACB...just saying.

GREATNESS ONE
03-13-2011, 01:00 AM
call me crazy but I think Phil might come one more year once they 3peat. If not I can see a player ran team with a Rambis or Shaw as HC and still running the Triangle.

Hellcrooner
03-13-2011, 01:02 AM
Say what you want, but McMillan has made great seasons with 1/3 of the roster injured. That's great coaching.

Everyone hated the guy here in Spain because he didn't give play time to Sergio...well, he played with the Kings more or less the same with no Roy in that team and then cameback to the ACB...just saying.

Sergio wnet there too young.

But he is Killing Rudy

and now he is killing BATUM too.

He does not like foreigners plain and square.

And if you watch blazers games, he has no game plan, its all bout give it to roy and let him do wahtever he wants,.
Now its about give it to aldrige and let him do whenever he wants.
He had all the players necesary for run and gun, but decided to cage them in half coourt game.

He does not react to in game sitations.
he does do his changes mechanically.
He allows his favourites to stay on the court no matter if they are sucking (blake, Roy, Wbester, Aldrige) but sits the players he does not like at first mistake ( it happened with Jack, with Bayless, with Rudy, With Outlow).
He sistematically puts rookies at the end of the bench with 0 playing time, and man bayles was a LOTTERY pick it didnt have any ****ing sense to do so.
He caved in and Sat Miller and started Blake when Roy demmanded so, ( wich means he is a yes man and has NO PERSONALITY to face a Franchise player,....go figure, KObe would make chopped meat out of him).

So sorry but no, he is as ****** a coach as it comes.

Faycem
03-13-2011, 01:16 AM
Sergio wnet there too young.

But he is Killing Rudy

and now he is killing BATUM too.

He does not like foreigners plain and square.

And if you watch blazers games, he has no game plan, its all bout give it to roy and let him do wahtever he wants,.
Now its about give it to aldrige and let him do whenever he wants.
He had all the players necesary for run and gun, but decided to cage them in half coourt game.

He does not react to in game sitations.
he does do his changes mechanically.
He allows his favourites to stay on the court no matter if they are sucking (blake, Roy, Wbester, Aldrige) but sits the players he does not like at first mistake ( it happened with Jack, with Bayless, with Rudy, With Outlow).
He sistematically puts rookies at the end of the bench with 0 playing time, and man bayles was a LOTTERY pick it didnt have any ****ing sense to do so.
He caved in and Sat Miller and started Blake when Roy demmanded so, ( wich means he is a yes man and has NO PERSONALITY to face a Franchise player,....go figure, KObe would make chopped meat out of him).

So sorry but no, he is as ****** a coach as it comes.

It's funny, because every reason you make is completely applicable to Phil Jackson hahah.

About Roy demanding Blake to start, I don't know if that's true, but Phil gives Kobe a really "special" treatment. Obviously he shouldn't allow a player decides who plays, but for example Phil, one of the great qualities he has is that he get what he wants from his superstars from the respect and letting them do what they think is the best option at that moment. It's not lack of personality, is handle personalities.

lakers4sho
03-13-2011, 01:30 AM
It's funny, because every reason you make is completely applicable to Phil Jackson hahah.

About Roy demanding Blake to start, I don't know if that's true, but Phil gives Kobe a really "special" treatment. Obviously he shouldn't allow a player decides who plays, but for example Phil, one of the great qualities he has is that he get what he wants from his superstars from the respect and letting them do what they think is the best option at that moment. It's not lack of personality, is handle personalities.

Except that Philip has 11 rings, and McMillan, well...

Faycem
03-13-2011, 01:47 AM
Except that Philip has 11 rings, and McMillan, well...

meh, details... :D

Avenged
03-13-2011, 03:46 AM
I'd like this.. but he did leave.. Not too sure he should just be accepted back when others paid their dues.

Wouldn't hurt though, I like the Sloan idea a lot. He never won any championships but I mean, going up against MJ? Nobody really succeeded. His teams after that were never really that good to win a championship. I'd like him over any other coach available at the moment.

KillaInstinct24
03-13-2011, 03:53 AM
I'd like this.. but he did leave.. Not too sure he should just be accepted back when others paid their dues.

Wouldn't hurt though, I like the Sloan idea a lot. He never won any championships but I mean, going up against MJ? Nobody really succeeded. His teams after that were never really that good to win a championship. I'd like him over any other coach available at the moment.

sloan is like popovich, doesnt care too much for the glitz and glamor that is hollywood and the lakers. i know sloan was a bull, but still, how do u coach the jazz for 20 years without not liking the small town no media atmosphere? he seems like a loyal guy, either he comes back to the jazz or he stays retired.

lakers4sho
03-13-2011, 04:01 AM

His system necessitates an All Star PG to work out. Not sure if we can get that in the near future. And he's not exactly 40.

Fireworld
03-13-2011, 04:12 AM
I'd love if Popovic came over to coach the Lakers!! not gonna happen though.

Hunter48MVP
03-13-2011, 04:13 AM
Jerry Sloan or Brian Shaw not Rambis

myqntab
03-13-2011, 08:02 PM
jerry sloan or brian shaw not rambis

+1

Kevj77
03-13-2011, 08:28 PM
I'd like Coach K. We offered him the job last time Phil left, but he declined. Doubt he will ever leave Duke. Sloan seems like he is done coaching. Pop won't leave the Spurs he has too much control there.

I don't think we land a big name coach if Phil retires, but promote from within most likely Shaw.

Toadman
03-15-2011, 05:40 PM
I would have liked Tom Thibodeau. He was the defensive mind behind the Celtics team & currently making the Chicago Bulls a contender in the East. I also remember Kobe saying that Thibodeau was instrumental in helping to develope his skills since he was 14 years old. He has the utmost respect for him.

Lakersfan2483
03-17-2011, 02:48 AM
Brian Shaw deserves a shot at the job and I think he would be a great replacement for Phil Jackson. He also has the respect of Kobe, D. Fish, and the rest of the guys. If Shaw doesn't get the job, I wouldn't mind trying Kurt out as coach.

Lakeshow86
03-17-2011, 03:12 AM
Depends on if Lakers want to still use the triangle offense. If thats the case than it will be Shaw or Rambis. If not than It could be anyone. Sloan and Van Gundy could come out for a shot at it. Scott may be fired or asked to be realeased from the Cavs as he always wanted to coach lakers. I would love to have Popovich if he were to somehow leave the Spurs.

ldawg
03-17-2011, 09:22 AM
no more triangle please.

8kobe24
03-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Not so sure about Sloan, he might just be Rudy T. 2.0. He would bring discipline on both sides of the floor though. I'd go with Shaw since he learned from Phil and has the respect of the players.

FightOn
03-17-2011, 02:17 PM
I think Shaw would be great as the Lakers HC. The offense wouldn't change much, he already knows the team and he has been working under PJ for years. Watching and studying Phil. I say give Shaw a chance.

New Power House
03-17-2011, 02:24 PM

Popovich!!!:clap:

lakers4sho
03-17-2011, 04:50 PM
I say we try out Brian Shaw for a while. As long as Kobe and Pau are leading this team I think the triangle would be the best fit for them.

Anilyzer
03-17-2011, 10:39 PM

uggggghhhh. Rambis as Laker coach AGAIN... yuck

He seems to be uniquely unqualified and untalented... except for the fact that he is a white guy who played for the Lakers. Doesn't seem particularly bright to be honest.

Anilyzer
03-17-2011, 10:41 PM
don't matter though.

After Phil leaves the Lakers will probably be in disarray for several years and have some rough seasons no matter who they hire.

Plus Rambis in there if you want... he is the opposite of a marguee coach though.