PDA

View Full Version : Russel Westbrook Joins Elite Company.

Flash3
03-12-2011, 02:22 PM
*With 6:04 left in the third quarter, Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook scored his 4,000th career point to join Oscar Robertson, LeBron James, Chris Paul and Anfernee Hardaway as the only players in NBA history to have 4,000 points, 1,500 assists and 1,000 rebounds in their first three seasons.

Read more: http://newsok.com/thunder-notebook-russell-westbrook-joins-elite-company/article/3548165#ixzz1GPWb1oON

Link (http://newsok.com/article/3548165)

This guys has been great this year and he is really underrated.

johnnychan
03-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Well damn

jmcelligott92
03-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Being Underrated is better than being Overrated

tredigs
03-12-2011, 03:11 PM
And he's never missed a game. Incredible PG - starting to find his 3 point shot too.

John Walls Era
03-12-2011, 03:12 PM
One of my fave PGs.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-12-2011, 03:14 PM
He is a top five point guard. He is Durant's Pippen.

Chitownhero14
03-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Thats some pretty damn good company for those stats but he's not elite!

NBAfan4life
03-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Let me start off by saying I'm not a Lebron fan, but it is just a testiment to how good Lebron was at such a young age.

Congrats Westy one of my up and coming favorite players to watch. If the lakers cant make it to the finals I hope it is you guys.

Master Mind
03-12-2011, 03:55 PM

The way Westbrook's been playing makes that interchangeable on a nightly basis...

hyb152
03-12-2011, 05:22 PM
One thing that he's got to cut down on is the ******* turnovers. He leads the league in turnovers and he's on my fantasy team.... KILLING me with the turnovers.

hyb152
03-12-2011, 05:24 PM
The way Westbrook's been playing makes that interchangeable on a nightly basis...

x2.

I'll take Westbrook over Durant in terms of the more overall complete player. Durant's a better scorer, but Westbrook averages 22 pts, 5 rebs (and he's a PG), and 8 and half dimes a game. There have been numerous games this year where Durant's looked like Pippen.

Chi City23
03-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Dude is simply awesome! Keeps getting better every year which is a sign of a truly hard worker and sky is the limit for him.

hyb152
03-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Tyreke's 20-5-5 average as a rookie with Jordan, Oscar, and Lebron exceeds this.

heyman321
03-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Russell Westbrook is bi winning. He wins here and wins there.

adidas2307
03-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Waiting for baller101200 to come in to see what he says.

DwayneMVPwade
03-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Great player

Chronz
03-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Trevor ariza is joining jason kidd as the only player to shoot sub 40/30/70

shizzle09
03-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Link (http://newsok.com/article/3548165)

This guys has been great this year and he is really underrated.

he's playing as good as rose this year. Rose = MVP candidate and westbrook not even mentioned. I'd say he is underrated.

DaBear
03-12-2011, 06:22 PM
he's playing as good as rose this year. Rose = MVP candidate and westbrook not even mentioned. I'd say he is underrated.

Except Rose is the best player on his team, and Westbrook is not. I think that has something to do with it. :shrug:

shizzle09
03-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Except Rose is the best player on his team, and Westbrook is not. I think that has something to do with it. :shrug:

yep, thats why Rose is an MVP candidate. if they switched teams i'm sure it would be a different conversation

GREATNESS ONE
03-12-2011, 07:42 PM
very impressive and a great young talent. Just have to say UCLA !!!!!

Chronz
03-12-2011, 07:52 PM

Yea but does that make it fair? Rose wouldn't be the best player on the thunder either

KingPosey
03-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Thats some pretty damn good company for those stats but he's not elite!

His stats are pretty identical to Rose's.

ClayMatthews
03-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Very impressive.

AIRMAR72
03-12-2011, 08:17 PM
i think he is a better shot maker than durant in pressure moments his pull up 15ft is almost automatic (like jordans) plus he explode to basket with thrust(glide type leaping ability with speed while he's in da air)

masalex1205
03-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Tyreke's 20-5-5 average as a rookie with Jordan, Oscar, and Lebron exceeds this.

Meh

Duncan = Donkey
03-12-2011, 09:31 PM
No way he is underrated, some people have him as a top 4 PG, lol

Bruno
03-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Great accomplishment by Westbrook.

Bullsfan22
03-12-2011, 11:11 PM
nice accomplishment

SEATTLEredsox
03-12-2011, 11:16 PM
No way he is underrated, some people have him as a top 4 PG, lol

he is...

Baller1
03-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Best PG in the league for sure.

DaBear
03-13-2011, 12:15 AM
yep, thats why Rose is an MVP candidate. if they switched teams i'm sure it would be a different conversation

If they switched teams, then the Bulls wouldn't be where they are. OKC would be the best team in the NBA though.

DaBear
03-13-2011, 12:16 AM
Yea but does that make it fair? Rose wouldn't be the best player on the thunder either

He wouldn't be, but I think he would make the team better than Westbrook would. If you put Westbrook on the Bulls, they wouldn't be where they are right (I know I already said this). Nothing against Westbrook because he is a great player, but he's doing this as a 2nd option.

poleandreel
03-13-2011, 12:39 AM
He wouldn't be, but I think he would make the team better than Westbrook would. If you put Westbrook on the Bulls, they wouldn't be where they are right (I know I already said this). Nothing against Westbrook because he is a great player, but he's doing this as a 2nd option.

westbrook is not a 2nd option. many times he has more shot attempts than durant. they are both number 1 options. if anything, westbrook creates open looks for durant by penetrating. is wade a 2nd option to lebron? no. neither is westbrook to durant

poleandreel
03-13-2011, 12:44 AM
If they switched teams, then the Bulls wouldn't be where they are. OKC would be the best team in the NBA though.

you cannot prove this. westbrook is arguably a better passer, equal at scoring, and better at defense.

Chi StateOfMind
03-13-2011, 12:48 AM
Great player

u spelled dwayne wrong its dwyane wade .....

DaBear
03-13-2011, 01:52 AM
you cannot prove this. westbrook is arguably a better passer, equal at scoring, and better at defense.

I don't care if they're equal in scoring, Rose is better in that category. If I had to choose who I want in crunch time, I would take Rose any day. Having Durant helps him out tremendously, and it's arguable he wouldn't have those numbers without someone like Durant. Rose > Westbrook.

DaBear
03-13-2011, 01:54 AM
westbrook is not a 2nd option. many times he has more shot attempts than durant. they are both number 1 options. if anything, westbrook creates open looks for durant by penetrating. is wade a 2nd option to lebron? no. neither is westbrook to durant

Apparently he is since LeBron is the best player on his team and usually has the ball in crunch time.

LeBron is a better player than Wade, and Durant is a better player than Westbrook. I think that's clear enough as to who the number one options are on the team.

Chronz
03-13-2011, 01:55 AM

I'm not surprised you think so but why? Does rose get to bring thins defensive system along with him? Hell OKC would settle for thibs assistant (who according to okc fans is sorely missed )

Your second option point doesn't tell me anything, its one of those catch phrases that fans like to use for or against a player without any sort of analysis.

DaBear
03-13-2011, 01:55 AM
poleandreel, you're the same guy who was hating on the Bulls in one of your older threads. Don't expect me to take your opinions on Rose serious, ok?

DaBear
03-13-2011, 01:58 AM
I'm not surprised you think so but why? Does rose get to bring thins defensive system along with him? Hell OKC would settle for thibs assistant (who according to okc fans is sorely missed )

Your second option point doesn't tell me anything, its one of those catch phrases that fans like to use for or against a player without any sort of analysis.

Here you go with your "analysis" stuff again. :facepalm:

D-Rose is the best player on his team, and there is no argument there. Just because the Bulls are defensive-minded does not knock him for anything. (Here we go in circles again) The Bulls without Rose would be the Milwaukee Bucks. They play great defense, but Rose is the spark of the offense and the leader of the team.

If you don't think having Durant helps Westbrook accumulate those stats, then you have no idea what you're talking about.

bulls_world23
03-13-2011, 02:00 AM
Congrats to West. Hes my fav pg in the West

DaBear
03-13-2011, 02:02 AM
I'm not going to get into another Rose-Westbrook argument because Rose is obviously the better player. I just wish we can appreciate players without always having to criticize Rose in the process. And people wonder why Bulls fans get in on almost every thread?

:facepalm:

Chronz
03-13-2011, 02:06 AM
Here you go with your "analysis" stuff again. :facepalm:

D-Rose is the best player on his team, and there is no argument there. Just because the Bulls are defensive-minded does not knock him for anything. (Here we go in circles again) The Bulls without Rose would be the Milwaukee Bucks. They play great defense, but Rose is the spark of the offense and the leader of the team.

If you don't think having Durant helps Westbrook accumulate those stats, then you have no idea what you're talking about.

Lol damn me for wanting some sort of logical reasoning to your statements.

Never said rose wasnt the best player on his team so if you want to stop going in circles I suggest you focus on whats being said. Having the best defensive backing influences your win totals that's why it was mentioned.

Also theres a difference between a great defense vs elite.

Lmfa @you using the I don't know stats bit, yeah that's believable

Duncan = Donkey
03-13-2011, 02:38 AM
he is...

Well if you value inefficient scoring point guards.............i guess he is

$ NyC $
03-13-2011, 02:55 AM
Beast. Wish we got the chance to draft him that year. Knicks would be nasty. Love how aggressive and athletic he is at PG. Really one of the only players that really goes hard the whole game. I had an argument with this about my cousin a few months back about how he is, statistically, comparable to Rose. Look foward to watching him in the future.

blastmasta26
03-13-2011, 10:24 AM
Westbrook is a baller, him and Durant make my second favorite star duo in the league.

b@llhog24
03-13-2011, 02:47 PM
This.

x2.

I'll take Westbrook over Durant in terms of the more overall complete player. Durant's a better scorer, but Westbrook averages 22 pts, 5 rebs (and he's a PG), and 8 and half dimes a game. There have been numerous games this year where Durant's looked like Pippen.
+1

Trevor ariza is joining jason kidd as the only player to shoot sub 40/30/70
:laugh:

Rose isn't better than westy if anything they are even

b@llhog24
03-13-2011, 02:50 PM
i think he is a better shot maker than durant in pressure moments his pull up 15ft is almost automatic (like jordans) plus he explode to basket with thrust(glide type leaping ability with speed while he's in da air)
This is also true

Hawkeye15
03-13-2011, 02:55 PM
its simply incredible that any thread involving a PG lasts about 4 posts before a Bulls fan has to cram Rose down our throats.

This is a great accomplishment for Westbrook. Period. That is the focus of this thread.

bovice163
03-13-2011, 02:56 PM
It's the only time Westy will ever be mentioned with those guys, but good for him.

BkOriginalOne
03-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Let me start off by saying I'm not a Lebron fan, but it is just a testiment to how good Lebron was at such a young age.

Congrats Westy one of my up and coming favorite players to watch. If the lakers cant make it to the finals I hope it is you guys.

Correct, Lebron was just as a good as a young Penny.:p

D Roses Bulls
03-13-2011, 04:01 PM
its simply incredible that any thread involving a PG lasts about 4 posts before a Bulls fan has to cram Rose down our throats.

This is a great accomplishment for Westbrook. Period. That is the focus of this thread.

actually, it was a "heat" fan that brought rose up. the posters I saw on the first page that were bulls fans didn't even mention him.

THE Vernon
03-13-2011, 06:35 PM
He is pretty sick. Once he improves his shooting he will be unstoppable with Durant.

chicago lulz
03-13-2011, 06:51 PM

Fairly certain that any Bulls fan commenting, to start the thread, were congratulating them. Up until a Heat fan came in and mentioned Rose.

Congrats Westbrook. In some good company right there.

Rocketsfan85
03-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Nah he's not elite just yet. He will be in a few years though.