PDA

View Full Version : NBA Redraft Playoffs: 1) Atlantic City Craps v. 8) Newark Bobs

Mile High Champ
03-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the playoff voting for the PSD NBA Redraft. Every year we basketball fans enjoy taking part in a PSD game called the NBA redraft where over 60 users participate. The point of the redraft is to draft the best team possible and the obvious goal is to be crowned champion by the NBA forum. You will notice that the team name do not represent current NBA teams. The reason why we avoided this is because we wanted to avoid a bias that exists with current team names. For example, a team that had the Chicago Bulls team name would probably experience a higher volume of votes than letís say the Memphis Grizzlies team simply because they have the larger fan base on PSD. As a result we got rid of that bias completely. Please take the time to review both teams, look at the depth chart and read the write ups to formalize your own opinion on which team would win a 7 game series. As far as injuries go, they will not be playing a factor in this Redraft though players that are continually hurt and have not had a healthy season in quite some time should be viewed as different players than what they once were (Yao, Oden, Roy etc). Thank you for voting and enjoy the match ups.

1) Atlantic City v. 8) Newark

Atlantic City has Home Court Advantage

Atlantic City Clubhouse (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16675488&postcount=30)
Newark Clubhouse (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16601896&postcount=13)

Atlantic City Depth Chart
PG: Lou Williams/Goran Dragic/T.J. Ford
SG: Wilson Chandler/Ronnie Brewer/Goran Dragic
SF: Lebron James/Ronnie Brewer/Earl Clark
PF: Al Horford/Antonio McDyess/Drew Gooden
C: Kendrick Perkins/Erick Dampier/Theo Ratliff

Newark Depth Chart
PG: D.J. Augustin/Eric Maynor/Lester Hudson
SG: Ray Allen/Anthony Morrow/Keith Bogans/Eric Maynor
SF: Richard Jefferson/Anthony Morrow/Keith Bogans/Jeremy Evans
PF: Taj Gibson/Josh McRoberts/Jermaine O'Neal/Larry Sanders
C: Andrew Bogut/Jermaine O'Neal/Josh McRoberts/Larry Sanders

Atlantic City Write Up

Offense:

The Atlantic City offense is high powered machine. With the best player in the world as the primary ball handler. He is of course able to take matters in his own hands, should we need it. He has a legitimate all-star next to him in the front court in Al Horford. Horford can take the ball on the block and put it in the basket, or create opportunities for outside shots, and is also an underrated passer, and can get open dunks for Kendrick Perkins.

Also, we have surrounded Lebron with outside shooters. Lou Williams is a great 3 point shooter, and Horford can absolutely hit the 18-20 footer. Wilson Chandler is playing out of his mind and will benefit more than anyone from the Lebron factor.

Our bench is probably superior to most benches in the re-draft as well. Speed and shooting in Goran Dragic, defense and hustle in Ronnie Brewer, toughnes and leadership in Antonio McDyess, and rebounding and size in Erick Dampier.

Defense:

We are probably the best defensive team in the entire re-draft. Starting with Kendrick Perkins down low, anchors the defense and is THE best 1 on 1 big defender in the game. Horford is a very good help defender, and will be defending the smaller of the opposing team's bigs each game. Lebron is obviously an All-NBA defender, and will anchor the perimiter D. Wilson Chandler is an underrated defender, and is quick enough to stay with 2 guards, and has an advantage with his size. Lou, is not a very good defender, but our help defense will shadow this weakness. Our bench defense speaks for itself, with Dragic, Brewer, McDyess, and Dampier.

VS. Newark

Their biggest offensive threats are Ray Allen and Andrew Bogut. Well, Ray Allen is long past being able to create his own shot, and Wilson Chandler certainly has the size to compete. He may be chasing him all over the court, but Chandler will be able to overwhelm Allen on the other side of the floor.

Andrew Bogut will certainly meet his match with Perkins down low. Perkins can marginalize Boguts productivity, and also halt him from creating opportunities for others.

Horford is easily greater than Gibson, and will make him work very very hard defensively, and Horford will have a field day on the offensive glass.

Lou Williams and DJ Augustine are pretty much a wash, with probably a slight edge to Augustine, but this advantage is not great.

Lastly, but certainly not least, Lebron James >>> Richard Jefferson. Jefferson has no chance containing Lebron, who would probably average 33 pts, 8 rbs, 9 assists in this series. James would completely dominate Jefferson, creating collapses in the defense, leading to open shots from Chandler and Williams, as well as easy buckets from Horford and Perkins.

We have everything we need in Atlantic City to be a championship squad.

Newark did not send in a write up

Mile High Champ
03-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Let the voting begin.

Sync
03-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Atlantic City..

Mile High Champ
03-12-2011, 12:42 PM
I think that had Newark done a write up, they may had a shot in this one, they have a good complete team.

bostncelts34
03-12-2011, 12:47 PM
I dont really see why Atlantic is #1 seed. I dont even think they would kill Newark.If newark had a write up im sure they would be getting a few votes.

NYKalltheway
03-12-2011, 12:53 PM
I dont really see why Atlantic is #1 seed. I dont even think they would kill Newark.If newark had a write up im sure they would be getting a few votes.

Mostly because of Lebron-Horford-Perkins. Lou Williams and Wilson Chandler doesn't sound sexy, but the other three are quite intimidating.

I agree that Newark has some chances, but I'm not sure if I'd do writeups either if I were in their position since Atlantic City was voted by all as #1 seed in their conference so it gave a message that they're clear cut favorites

bostncelts34
03-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Mostly because of Lebron-Horford-Perkins. Lou Williams and Wilson Chandler doesn't sound sexy, but the other three are quite intimidating.

I agree that Newark has some chances, but I'm not sure if I'd do writeups either if I were in their position since Atlantic City was voted by all as #1 seed in their conference so it gave a message that they're clear cut favorites

Well I know whoever has Lebron will make their team jump out, but realistically, outside of Lebron what scorers/playmakers do they have? Perk is a good low post defender, with no offensive game. Horford..to be hones ti havent ever really got to watch to much. Just doesnt seem like a 1-2 punch of Lebron and Horford mixed with a couple role players and back-ups doesnt seem to strogn to me. Just my opinion though.

I dont beleive the Allen-Bogut-Jefferson would be to far behind Perk-Lebron-Horford

NYMetros
03-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Yeah, Newark had a good shot in this if they sent in a writeup.

homestarunner93
03-12-2011, 01:20 PM
No one reads the writeups anyways, not worth the time.

NYKalltheway
03-12-2011, 01:24 PM
No one reads the writeups anyways, not worth the time.

I always read them :shrug:

John Walls Era
03-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Yup writeups don't mean much. It won't change peoples first impression of teams.

PhillyLuver
03-12-2011, 01:26 PM
adios newark

F*(&"Next Year"
03-12-2011, 03:50 PM
[QUOTE=bostncelts34;17091024]IWell I know whoever has Lebron will make their team jump out, but realistically, outside of Lebron what scorers/playmakers do they have? Perk is a good low post defender, with no offensive game. Horford..to be hones ti havent ever really got to watch to much. Just doesnt seem like a 1-2 punch of Lebron and Horford mixed with a couple role players and back-ups doesnt seem to strogn to me. Just my opinion though.

I dont beleive the Allen-Bogut-Jefferson would be to far behind Perk-Lebron-Horford/QUOTE]

I agree honestly.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
03-12-2011, 04:39 PM
dam.. i wanna vote for brickcity but ima have to go with A.C.

goose15
03-12-2011, 05:00 PM
A.C. easy

Ebbs
03-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Atlantic city

netsgiantsyanks
03-12-2011, 08:36 PM
atlantic city.

GREATNESS ONE
03-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Atlantic