PDA

View Full Version : What even happened to Darren Collison?

b@llhog24
03-12-2011, 12:11 PM
This is not to bash the Pacers or of D-Collison's fands but I mean everyone thought he was going to have an all-star type year.

After posting stats of like: 18ppg and 9ast in starts last year, he is down to
13ppg and just under 5ast! :speechless:

I don't watch him that much so i can't say exactly what happened, has he regressed, is he unhealthy? Or does he do alot of intangible things to justify his play?

Gram
03-12-2011, 12:15 PM
If he got traded to my Pistons instead we'd be asking how did he skyrocket so fast... ;)

Chitownhero14
03-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Danny Greanger and Brandon Rush....thats what happened...2 scorer chuckers that get in Collisons way...

LTBaByyy
03-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Unless your an all star or superstar, it takes time to get used to a new system

Especially when O'Brien limited him and the rest of the Pacers all year

Im sure he will get back to form, he is not even in his prime yet

Only like what 22?

hgtiger32
03-12-2011, 12:26 PM
idk, but any team im sure would love to have him in a heart beat

b@llhog24
03-12-2011, 12:34 PM
If he got traded to my Pistons instead we'd be asking how did he skyrocket so fast... ;)
Lol. But don't you guys have stuckey, will bynum, gordon and even mcgrady playing point?

Danny Greanger and Brandon Rush....thats what happened...2 scorer chuckers that get in Collisons way...
:laugh: but i wouldv'e thought that their shooting ability wouldv'e racked up some success in assits.

Unless your an all star or superstar, it takes time to get used to a new system

Especially when O'Brien limited him and the rest of the Pacers all year

Im sure he will get back to form, he is not even in his prime yet

Only like what 22?
Can you post his numbers after the departure of Jim O'Brien so i can make a better judgement?

magichatnumber9
03-12-2011, 12:38 PM
I thought Collison's head and attitude got to big. Rumors of course. C'mon Indy fans whats the deal?

Carey
03-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Nothing happened besides the fact that he went to a team thats less reliant on the pg creating offense then NOH is. He's a good player but i think people overrated him a bit and i remember taking heat for saying the Hornets got fair value in the trade. Now the Hornets got 2 starters in the deal that both avg double figures and the Pacers have a good but not very good or great point guard.

Mile High Champ
03-12-2011, 12:53 PM
I have been watching Collison a lot this year and I even saw him live last night against the Pacers. He is a very talented guard but very turnover prone due to his over dribbling. There were a handful of times yesterday when Collison had the ball for 10 + seconds dribbling around the court with no idea what to do with the ball. The over dribbling is killing him in my mind despite the fact he is very good with the rock in his hands.

kurivaimu
03-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Jim O'brien happened.

JasonJohnHorn
03-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Well, last season he was replacing CP3, and so the coach let him run with the ball and the pick and roll. I havent watched him much this season, but I've been watching his stat lines. I have heard a lot of Indy fans complaining about Jim O'Brien's coaching limiting his game, and I saw in the first half dozen or so games after the firing of the coach that he was starting to play better, but he is still very young and has to develop his skill set for the NBA. I think in three or four years you will see he will develop better. He's going to be a late bloomer, but a good player.

Madtown22
03-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Not a good team for him to be on!

Chitownhero14
03-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Next season the Pacers will be a plus .500 team and be atleast a slight challenge for the bulls in the division. No Jim O'Brien, they'll lose their GM and hopefully get a new one and he can use the cap they have to bring in some more talent, i mean Granger, Rush, Collison, Hansbrough, McRoberts, Hibbert are good young talent and they almost had Mayo added to that as well.

Gram
03-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Lol. But don't you guys have stuckey, will bynum, gordon and even mcgrady playing point?

lol. With those guys playing point, wouldn't it make sense to want Collison?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-12-2011, 03:15 PM
He's only in his second year, give him time.