PDA

View Full Version : Legitimate Criticism or Blind Hate on KB24?

Chronz
03-12-2011, 03:43 AM
"Point worth noting: Heat did have private practice court for Kobe, which would have inconvenienced far fewer working at arena. #allforshow"
http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/26268/kobe-bryant-bullets

---

"While the stories about Kobe Bryant's postgame workout dominate the airwaves, I'm a little distressed to hear that he wasn't working on, say, passing...Bruce Arthur pointed out on Twitter, the fact that Bryant was shooting alone after the game is the perfect metaphor for the way he played during it, especially in the last three minutes.

And after the game, it was still about him, with his grandiose hey-look-at-me-working-out show succeeding brilliantly in sucking all the attention from his fit of self-indulgence at the end of the game. (News flash: American Airlines Arena has a practice court. I've been on it. It's nice and big and everything. But it's tough to herd all the media up there to fawn over your postgame workout.) If I were Pau Gasol or Andrew Bynum, I would have made an equally big show of going out to the court and standing helplessly in the paint calling for the ball while Bryant practiced his shots, just to add an extra element of realism."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=PERDiem-110311

---

NBA.COM Race to the MVP Heading: Bryant’s postgame shooting session mostly a therapeutic one
"This seemed to be less about practice than it was about therapy for the manner in which Bryant faltered down the stretch; he turned over the ball twice and jacked up two 3-pointers—one from about five feet beyond the arc—that missed."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=An5P.BQg73jzBP5w94H2K9HzPKB4?slug=nba_co m-race-to-the-mvp-week-20-20110311

---

"Please note that the arena also has a full-size practice court, complete with rims, accurate line markings, and everything, so it's not as if Kobe had to do this in full view of reporters who could breathlessly update his status in real time on Twitter.

Reaction has not been very positive. In most eyes, Kobe was doing this for the attention, attempting to prove to everyone that he's so committed to winning that he'll shoot for an hour after a regular-season loss on the road to one of the best teams in the league. This plan backfired, naturally, and all anyone can talk about now is that he made the event staff stay late for selfish reasons when he very easily could have done this on his own out of the spotlight.

...Again, I don't think Kobe is without fault here -- he drew as much attention as possible when other perfectly legitimate options existed."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/A-deeper-look-at-Kobe-s-post-game-shooting-pract;_ylt=Ak1FBXHR.U_GsLMEL4oogvW8vLYF?urn=nba-332860

---

"As you've no doubt read, Kobe Bryant took part in a showy postgame practice session in American Airlines Arena, tossing up jumper after jumper as he took the pain of a close loss to heart. Nice sentiment, but Kobe didn't exactly have to do this in front of the assembled media. There is regulation sized and accessible practice court at the arena that Kobe knows full well about, though it wouldn't provide him the opportunity to take practice shots in front of dozens of reporters flashing cell phone cameras."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Behind-the-Box-Score-where-the-Lakers-and-Heat-?urn=nba-332704

---

Adande: It's who he is, dedicated and calculated. You realize that arena has a practice court that's much more private, don't you?

Arnovitz: It's interesting to observe how Kobe has been informed by Jackson in the art of signaling. That's not to say that Bryant's work ethic isn't sincere or admirable -- few, if any, pros work harder at their craft than Kobe does. But the context, orchestration and choice of venue can't be ignored. Kobe wanted to send a message as much as he wanted to improve his jump shot.

Hollinger: A scripted sideshow that the media lapped up as though it was a free milkshake.

Sheridan: Since I wasn't there, it's hard to get a good reading on it from afar. It certainly was not his first postgame shooting session to rid himself of his anger, but the cynic in me can't help wondering how much of it was an attention-grabbing ploy. The fact that he texted a reporter afterward feeds that cynicism.

Stein: Priceless. Vintage Kobe. So many possible meanings and motivations that you can't be sure how many messages he was trying to send.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=Experts-LakersHeat-110311

Doogolas
03-12-2011, 03:52 AM
Or maybe he just wanted to be on the court he ****ed up on? Pretty stupid criticism.

shep33
03-12-2011, 03:59 AM
Or maybe he just wanted to be on the court he ****ed up on? Pretty stupid criticism.

This... I mean the guy was pissed at himself, why not work on the floor that he screwed up on? What better place to do so? Also if it was such a huge problem, why didn't security just say "sorry you have to leave now". Security protocols allow you to do this, it doesn't matter who you are... so I don't buy that it was such a huge misfortune for people there.

bmd1101
03-12-2011, 04:10 AM
Classic case of analysts over analyzing. Plain and simple.

LakersIn5
03-12-2011, 04:22 AM
How in the hell can he practice his passing after the game? To whom would he pass the ball to???!?!?

lakers4sho
03-12-2011, 04:25 AM
Are we still talking about this?

If you guys want to think and believe that Colby was out there for a "show", feel free to do so. No one is stopping you.

For me, just the fact that he was practicing is enough. He definitely needed the extra practice, and I couldn't care less where and how he did it. He worked on his game, which can only be a plus for him and the Lakers.

Chronz
03-12-2011, 04:29 AM
Can someone explain to me what the court would have to do with anything? Hes not going back to Miami till atleast June, I would understand if this were the playoffs where they play the next game after and lighting would be something he could simulate but that kind of muscle memory/depth perception doesnt stick with you long.

And why would they ask/tell Kobe to leave? Hes obviously not in the mood to practice in the facility he knows full well about, or else he would be practicing there.

Mane
03-12-2011, 04:32 AM
I really don't see it as a big deal whatsoever.. When you don't win, you want to put up shots at the same place and get in the mentality that you can make shots there. He just wanted to get the right mindset moving forward instead of having the thought of "i can't make shots here" dwelling in the back of his mind.

Rndy
03-12-2011, 04:45 AM
Rofl I can't believe those people had to stay an extra few hours and watch one of the greatest players of all time. Poor them

COBY KARL
03-12-2011, 04:54 AM
:facepalm:
even if Kobe used the private court, he would've still needed those ball boys and the reporters would just find their way to the private court anyways

Chronz
03-12-2011, 05:00 AM
even if Kobe used the private court, he would've still needed those ball boys and the reporters would just find their way to the private court anyways

Why do you assume there would have to be reporters, the whole point is that they are saying Kobe wants them to know, and dont the Lakers have ballboys/water guys traveling with them?

COBY KARL
03-12-2011, 05:12 AM
Why do you assume there would have to be reporters, the whole point is that they are saying Kobe wants them to know, and dont the Lakers have ballboys/water guys traveling with them?

Well that's the whole thing about this article, it's stupid because it just speculates how Kobe wanted people there to see him.
And no the Lakers don't have ballboys travelling with them..i dont think any team does.

Duncan = Donkey
03-12-2011, 05:22 AM
It was all a big show for the media, a big look at me im such a competitor i'm still training after a game. He is an absolute glory and media seeker. He knew the media would see him, he knew everyone would write about this. Anyone who thinks otherwise are complete morons with blinkers on.

Supreme LA
03-12-2011, 05:58 AM
It was all a big show for the media, a big look at me im such a competitor i'm still training after a game. He is an absolute glory and media seeker. He knew the media would see him, he knew everyone would write about this. Anyone who thinks otherwise are complete morons with blinkers on.

That's why Lebron and Wade hold press conferences after every regular season game like it's the playoffs :rolleyes: Be careful of who you call a media seeker because it just doesn't fit. Anybody who actually plays basketball knows you want to shoot on the court and the rims that you didn't have success on. It's a psyche thing and if you don't get that, than you don't know anything about playing competitive basketball.

kblo247
03-12-2011, 06:21 AM
50/50

50% - Kobe being Kobe and just trying to correct the mistakes on the same floor he ****ed up on. I've even done that before even when I knew I wouldn't be back for months on that court in middle school.

50% - Kobe learning from Phil and basically making a physical and mental statement of "I ain't going nowhere" to the Heat, the press, and fans. You might write me off but I ain't going no damn where and will still be standing. He said the same thing in a previous report about his career to Max and Marcellus. From Jordan to Barkley to Hakeem to Stockton to Malone to Pippen to Iverson to McGrady to LeBron to Wade, the constant is, was, and has always been that he is still there and won't go away, no matter how much he is written off or over analyzed and every critic will just have to deal with it.

redsox0717
03-12-2011, 06:59 AM
Call me cynical, but I agree with the writers. I think it was purely done for attention. It's like he had to get some share of the spotlight that day, even though his team lost.

GREATNESS ONE
03-12-2011, 07:48 AM
Fact, He is the star of the current Back 2 Back Champion team. Fact. Is there really people talking about him passing etc? lmao wow. Hate all you want. The fact of the matter is he is still alpha dog of a back 2 back champ, how many of those in the last 20-30 years? are people serious here sometimes?

Do what you do Haters but we're on pace for a 3peat.

magichatnumber9
03-12-2011, 08:19 AM
Guy's Kobe Bryant was an only child. This grandstanding is a part of who he his. But you can't deny his Larry Bird like work ethic.

PhillyFaninLA
03-12-2011, 08:37 AM
I hate Kobe for what I believe to be legitimate reasons. Before I go on I want to say that he is a great basketball player and a sure fire HOF'er (he is also one of the great heart and tough players of all time), I mention this so I can make the point I can separate my personal opinion from the player. Back to the reasons for the hate:

- I believe he is 100% guilty in Colorado. This is enough but I'll go on.
- He trashed his roots multiple times throughout his career. When he got that gym named after him he had more security around him because of fear of violence he created. (I got this information from people that where there at the ceremony and saw him walking in and out of the school.
- People complain about the Decision but Kobe spent 3 - 6 months complaining to the media about ownership, teammates, and demanding trades. This should be behind close doors.
- He had a great team (one of the best ever maybe) and got Shaq traded.
- He consistently shows his arrogance and narcissism in interviews.
- I think he is a horrible human being that is a genuine waste of skin although a fantastic basketball

GspLAL
03-12-2011, 08:51 AM
MAybe it's an indirect way of telling his teammates that he ****ed up? Ever think about that?

Mr Grim
03-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Who the hell calls Kobe KB24?

Crackadalic
03-12-2011, 09:46 AM
I think kobe is past the age of wanting attention. He wants to win.

AIRMAR72
03-12-2011, 10:01 AM
I hate Kobe for what I believe to be legitimate reasons. Before I go on I want to say that he is a great basketball player and a sure fire HOF'er (he is also one of the great heart and tough players of all time), I mention this so I can make the point I can separate my personal opinion from the player. Back to the reasons for the hate:

- He trashed his roots multiple times throughout his career. When he got that gym named after him he had more security around him because of fear of violence he created. (I got this information from people that where there at the ceremony and saw him walking in and out of the school.
- People complain about the Decision but Kobe spent 3 - 6 months complaining to the media about ownership, teammates, and demanding trades. This should be behind close doors.
- I think he is a horrible human being that is a genuine waste of skin although a fantastic basketball

wow i almost agree with everything thats written but tobe i meant kobe didnt RAPE that girl he just didnt tip her for her time(cheap *** )

AIRMAR72
03-12-2011, 10:04 AM
MAybe it's an indirect way of telling his teammates that he ****ed up? Ever think about that?

off courts kobe is a fake *** punk trust me

Testaverde16
03-12-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm sure that if this was Jordan there would be no negative speculation about him being an attention hog... maybe thats just me.

Hellcrooner
03-12-2011, 11:17 AM
he has always wanted to be mike.

like in

hey dudes look im plahying with a twisted finger because im as macho as MJ.

hey dudes look implaying with fever because im as macho as Mj.

hey dudes im statying shooting some more because i ddint have enough with shooting my team out of the game .

i have the greatest work ethic out t here, look at me!!!!!

then their blind folowers go and open threads bout how good his work ethic is, and how he is the supreme winner because onkly him in the whole league wants to win...

and the rest of the B.S

thats why i cant wait for the day he retires, we use the massive capspace amount in durant or rose or whoever, and go on winning because we always do and only LAKERS fan remain in the forum.

Hellcrooner
03-12-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm sure that if this was Jordan there would be no negative speculation about him being an attention hog... maybe thats just me.

there wouldnt of course.

MJ hype and intouchability with the media is what led to the existence of dudes like Kobe

lakers4sho
03-12-2011, 11:39 AM
he has always wanted to be mike.

like in

hey dudes look im plahying with a twisted finger because im as macho as MJ.

hey dudes look implaying with fever because im as macho as Mj.

hey dudes im statying shooting some more because i ddint have enough with shooting my team out of the game .

i have the greatest work ethic out t here, look at me!!!!!

then their blind folowers go and open threads bout how good his work ethic is, and how he is the supreme winner because onkly him in the whole league wants to win...

and the rest of the B.S

thats why i cant wait for the day he retires, we use the massive capspace amount in durant or rose or whoever, and go on winning because we always do and only LAKERS fan remain in the forum.

So now he's being criticized for playing despite injuries? What has the world come to?? :facepalm:

LOL he "wanted to be macho like mj". Really? You should be happy that the franchise player of your team is working his *** off for those 5 championships.

Unlike someone who sits out because of a sprained pinky in his non shooting hand...

Hawkeye15
03-12-2011, 11:46 AM
I think part of it was to get attention diverted from his poor effort that night. I understand those here who say he wanted to shoot on the rims he just played poorly on. I for one don't think that part matters in the slightest, but I am not going to tell another ballplayer he is wrong if that is how he views it.

I am sure Kobe was pissed off from being beaten up in the closing minutes of that game, especially with who he was playing against. He wanted to work out frustrations, I understand that completely. Do I think he should have used the private gym? Yes. Is it that big of a deal that he didn't? Not really.

Our media nowadays will use any event and blow it up. That is just what happens. I have no problem with what Kobe did at all. I simply have an issue with fans using that post game shootaround to deflect the obvious- he got his clock cleaned that night.

Hellcrooner
03-12-2011, 11:54 AM
So now he's being criticized for playing despite injuries? What has the world come to?? :facepalm:

LOL he "wanted to be macho like mj". Really? You should be happy that the franchise player of your team is working his *** off for those 5 championships.

Unlike someone who sits out because of a sprained pinky in his non shooting hand...

You know why?

because if he had sit trough those injurys now he would be 100% and probably be the best player in the league, he coudl also play 6 more years at high level.

Thanks to him being macho he is now 80% of what he could be and in 3 seasons he is going to be completely waster ( of course he will go on scoring 25 a game, hell shoot enough to grant it happens and you knwo what? our TEAM will suffer from it)

Chitownhero14
03-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Its just hatred, trying to find something to nitpick at. Now im Kobe enemy number one, i've always hated this guy and will continue to hate him for awhile i bet. But i know he's been a phenomanal player, he'll be HOF no doubt i just dont like him. But what he did staying after the game top work out some kinks that showed me a new side of him and he earned a little more respect from me.

Hellcrooner
03-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Its just hatred, trying to find something to nitpick at. Now im Kobe enemy number one, i've always hated this guy and will continue to hate him for awhile i bet. But i know he's been a phenomanal player, he'll be HOF no doubt i just dont like him. But what he did staying after the game top work out some kinks that showed me a new side of him and he earned a little more respect from me.

So you are doing exactly what he was aiming at when staying on the court.

F*(&"Next Year"
03-12-2011, 12:05 PM
This is just pure haterade.

Who cares one way or another what it meant. He was practicing his shot after a game. He didn't have to, but he did. Whether it was for attention or not is purely speculation.

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-12-2011, 12:05 PM
He should have cried and held a press conference about it. Then, no one would be on his Dick like a groupy b***h

Chitownhero14
03-12-2011, 12:10 PM
So you are doing exactly what he was aiming at when staying on the court.

Its what the best palyers do, Rose worked his game over the summer all summer while others did basic things to stay in shape and keep their game in shape. Jordan if he had a bad night would spend the whole night in the gym. Kobe stayed late to perfect what was wrong. Its the sign of the greats,

Hawkeye15
03-12-2011, 12:12 PM
He should have cried and held a press conference about it. Then, no one would be on his Dick like a groupy b***h

haha, that is funny.

I doubt Kobe would ever cry over a regular season game. Ever.

mrs rose
03-12-2011, 12:13 PM
just a question..
if wade did this after the lost the bulls would some of you feel the same way?
that he was just trying to practice, or would you call it something else

Chitownhero14
03-12-2011, 12:15 PM
just a question..

I hate the heat, i hate the big 3, i hate Wade inparticularly. BUt yes, if Wade went out or even LeBron for that matter after any one of those loses to try and work out kinks, id have a little more respect.

But we dont hear about that, instead we hear about them crying and telling the media we're trying to work together its hard, its been 8 months you've got to have chemistry by now!

SteBO
03-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Lol I saw what you did there ;)

magichatnumber9
03-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Didn't Kobe cry foul after the loss to the Heat. I swear that is what the ESPN headline said.

lakers4sho
I think part of it was to get attention diverted from his poor effort that night. I understand those here who say he wanted to shoot on the rims he just played poorly on. I for one don't think that part matters in the slightest, but I am not going to tell another ballplayer he is wrong if that is how he views it.

I am sure Kobe was pissed off from being beaten up in the closing minutes of that game, especially with who he was playing against. He wanted to work out frustrations, I understand that completely. Do I think he should have used the private gym? Yes. Is it that big of a deal that he didn't? Not really.

Our media nowadays will use any event and blow it up. That is just what happens. I have no problem with what Kobe did at all. I simply have an issue with fans using that post game shootaround to deflect the obvious- he got his clock cleaned that night.

I can agree with most of this.

But for the most part I don't think fans were using this as an excuse for his poor decision making the other night. If you check the Lakers forum GT you can see most, if not everyone, was criticizing Colby for taking ill-advised shots especially down the stretch.

No one is denying that he "got his clock cleaned".

You know why?

because if he had sit trough those injurys now he would be 100% and probably be the best player in the league, he coudl also play 6 more years at high level.

Thanks to him being macho he is now 80% of what he could be and in 3 seasons he is going to be completely waster ( of course he will go on scoring 25 a game, hell shoot enough to grant it happens and you knwo what? our TEAM will suffer from it)

That's the thing. He cares MORE about the TEAM and CHAMPIONSHIPS than just sitting around trying to preserve HIMSELF. It doesn't matter if he's compromising his own health as long as he's there to provide WINS for his TEAM.

And what's the funny part? He's still playing top level basketball after 14 years in the league.

The Lakers wouldn't have had this recent success had Colby sat out because for the most part your boy Pau couldn't handle the load of being the main guy.

Avenged
just a question..

If it was Wade, the same Heat fans criticizing Kobe for this would be applauding Wade. Non Heat fans would bash Wade just how they're doing Kobe. or most likely praise Wade just to make Lebron look bad.

SteBO
03-12-2011, 12:23 PM
If it was Wade, the same Heat fans criticizing Kobe for this would be applauding Wade. Non Heat fans would bash Wade just how they're doing Kobe. or most likely praise Wade just to make Lebron look bad.
Sad, but true.

lakers4sho
03-12-2011, 12:27 PM

Well if you see one player practicing [ especially after a loss ] and the other not, what assumptions can you make about those two players?

Hawkeye15
03-12-2011, 12:29 PM
I can agree with most of this.

But for the most part I don't think fans were using this as an excuse for his poor decision making the other night. If you check the Lakers forum GT you can see most, if not everyone, was criticizing Colby for taking ill-advised shots especially down the stretch.

No one is denying that he "got his clock cleaned".

I honestly apologize for my rant the other night. I was just extremely annoyed at the timing of that thread, and the deflection is was causing. If LeBron missed the wastebasket when throwing his napkin away, a thread would be made to bash him. That night should have been more about how bad Kobe was, but instead turned into a "well look how hard he works" night.

Again, I apologize for the ranting that night. I just can't stand the irony on this site sometimes, but it doesn't mean I should be acting like that.

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Lol I saw what you did there ;)

I don't want to bad mouth teams or other players. But I can't believe the type of scrutiny that goes on for players like Lebron and Kobe. Kobe takes some jumpers and all of a sudden he is an attention whore, who can't handle a loss in March, so he tries to divert 3 bad minutes of play by putting on a circus of jump shots. People are even bringing up rape, trade demands, and getting Shaq traded in here. I don't know how you stay so level headed as a Heat fan.

But if you notice, not too many Celtic, Heat, Bulls, Spurs fans are in here hating on what he did. Only fans of notoriously losing franchises who can't comprehend why someone would rather work, over going back to the hotel or club and spend those millions they have in the bank.

Avenged
03-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Well if you see one player practicing [ especially after a loss ] and the other not, what assumptions can you make about those two players?

It doesn't have to be about both of them. It can just be about Wade. Maybe Lebron would be tired and didn't want to practice right after a game (or whatever reason), does that really make it wrong just because Kobe did it? Every player has their own techniques and their own methods. Whatever Lebron does, it sure seems to be working.

No one is talking about Pau, Bynum, Odom etc.. Its just about Kobe's worth ethic. So if Wade were to do it, why talk about his teammates not being there as well?

SteBO
03-12-2011, 12:35 PM
I don't want to bad mouth teams or other players. But I can't believe the type of scrutiny that goes on for players like Lebron and Kobe. Kobe takes some jumpers and all of a sudden he is an attention whore, who can't handle a loss in March, so he tries to divert 3 bad minutes of play by putting on a circus of jump shots. People are even bringing up rape, trade demands, and getting Shaq traded in here. I don't know how you stay so level headed as a Heat fan.

But if you notice, not too many Celtic, Heat, Bulls, Spurs fans are in here hating on what he did. Only fans of notoriously losing franchises who can't comprehend why someone would rather work, over going back to the hotel or club and spend those millions they have in the bank.
I understand those that say Kobe did it for show, but I think Kobe's beyond that now. His main motive was to let his frustrations out for losing. The hate for him now is just silly. The man's just getting extra shots up so he limits the bad shooting performances he's bound to have in the future. He's the hardest worker in the league, and this was just another example of that. Nothing more.

lakers4sho
03-12-2011, 12:38 PM
I honestly apologize for my rant the other night. I was just extremely annoyed at the timing of that thread, and the deflection is was causing. If LeBron missed the wastebasket when throwing his napkin away, a thread would be made to bash him. That night should have been more about how bad Kobe was, but instead turned into a "well look how hard he works" night.

Again, I apologize for the ranting that night. I just can't stand the irony on this site sometimes, but it doesn't mean I should be acting like that.

Well it just happened you know? Colby decided to shoot a bit after the game, few pictures were taken, and a thread was made about it here. Other than that there wasn't really much praise for him after that performance.

Just the fact that Colby was willing to admit that he was one the who effed up [ and thus deciding to work on his shot after the game ] should be enough. It should've ended there. It really seemed like a big deal because some people decided to take it even further.

mrs rose
03-12-2011, 12:40 PM

ok,
i can see where you are going with this.
My point is and i think you hit most of this, is either way kobe should have played on the court that was given to him the (practice court) i loved that he was out there shooting because it shows he does care about his game, however it did seem like it was a SHOW justbeingreal#

Now if wade did this, better example lebron because i think lebron is hated more than wade is, and maybe bosh a close second..

Did this the same way... most fans on here would be bashing instead of applauding him for working at his craft....

because most of the fans are still pissed about the summer of 10...

lakers4sho
03-12-2011, 12:41 PM
It doesn't have to be about both of them. It can just be about Wade. Maybe Lebron would be tired and didn't want to practice right after a game (or whatever reason), does that really make it wrong just because Kobe did it? Every player has their own techniques and their own methods. Whatever Lebron does, it sure seems to be working.

No one is talking about Pau, Bynum, Odom etc.. Its just about Kobe's worth ethic. So if Wade were to do it, why talk about his teammates not being there as well?

Actually there were people who were wondering where those guys were. Many people said that that should've been the focus on the media rather than Colby being a show off and such.

Hoopsadvocate
03-12-2011, 12:45 PM
That's why Lebron and Wade hold press conferences after every regular season game like it's the playoffs :rolleyes: Be careful of who you call a media seeker because it just doesn't fit. Anybody who actually plays basketball knows you want to shoot on the court and the rims that you didn't have success on. It's a psyche thing and if you don't get that, than you don't know anything about playing competitive basketball.

Hold press conferences??? are u seriouse/? Have u ever watched a postgame press conference? the players are required to be a part of it if asked for, no player willing asks for it thats just stupid.

mrs rose
03-12-2011, 12:46 PM
I don't want to bad mouth teams or other players. But I can't believe the type of scrutiny that goes on for players like Lebron and Kobe. Kobe takes some jumpers and all of a sudden he is an attention whore, who can't handle a loss in March, so he tries to divert 3 bad minutes of play by putting on a circus of jump shots. People are even bringing up rape, trade demands, and getting Shaq traded in here. I don't know how you stay so level headed as a Heat fan. But if you notice, not too many Celtic, Heat, Bulls, Spurs fans are in here hating on what he did. Only fans of notoriously losing franchises who can't comprehend why someone would rather work, over going back to the hotel or club and spend those millions they have in the bank.

Most TRUE heat fans are level headed...

Its just like im sure you guys face is the bitter haters, that troll our page and diss us on the main nba page..

Last year no one had nothing to say about the heat besides the fact WADE was there alone. Now i cant log into this site without seeing something negative about my team. Now you seem to be a laker fan but some of these fans who have teams that arent as popular or not as successfull that as a fan you tend to defend your team. You dont want to see someone dissing your team, especially if you are a long term loyal fan.

So dont put heat fans as not being level headed i know A LOT WHO ARE.

They just get sick of the trolls who bait us, talk smack about us, because they are bitter that someone. Or maybe multiple individuals who are on my team arent on theirs.

Algmuskrats
03-12-2011, 12:46 PM
hate

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Most TRUE heat fans are level headed...

Its just like im sure you guys face is the bitter haters, that troll our page and diss us on the main nba page..

Last year no one had nothing to say about the heat besides the fact WADE was there alone. Now i cant log into this site without seeing something negative about my team. Now you seem to be a laker fan but some of these fans who have teams that arent as popular or not as successfull that as a fan you tend to defend your team. You dont want to see someone dissing your team, especially if you are a long term loyal fan.

So dont put heat fans as not being level headed i know A LOT WHO ARE.

They just get sick of the trolls who bait us, talk smack about us, because they are bitter that someone. Or maybe multiple individuals who are on my team arent on theirs.

I know. I see people say things about Lebron and Wade that I can't believe. Totally uncalled for. Same with Kobe. I just think the constant over analysis makes people despise players. Kobe shooting jumpers was not even a storyline back in 04. And he did that in the finals. But in todays Twitter, YouTube, Facebook obsessed world, everything these guys do gets dissected and criticized.
Then people come out of the woodwork to pile on.

And I was not saying there are no level headed Heat fans. I'm just asking Stebo how he doesn't fall into the trap of constant baiting. I have never seen him lash back. I don't have that type of self control. Hence my 6 infractions and two bans. :)

Hawkeye15
03-12-2011, 01:05 PM
I know. I see people say things about Lebron and Wade that I can't believe. Totally uncalled for. Same with Kobe. I just think the constant over analysis makes people despise players. Kobe shooting jumpers was not even a storyline back in 04. And he did that in the finals. But in todays Twitter, YouTube, Facebook obsessed world, everything these guys do gets dissected and criticized.

And I was not saying there are no level headed Heat fans. I'm just asking Stebo how he doesn't fall into the trap of constant baiting. I have never seen him lash back. I don't have that type of self control. Hence my 6 infractions and two bans. :)

SteBO is obviously a ninja dude.

mrs rose
03-12-2011, 01:07 PM

well said.
i especially like the twitter thing, i believe it is a TRUE distraction and any coach worth their salt needs to ban the use of it at least during the season.
It causes so much drama, but everything you right miami does or la is adding fuel to bitter fans...

And i know what you mean, with the freedom of speech laws we live by dont mix well into PSD, ive been banned once... But stebo is cool as ice..

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-12-2011, 01:24 PM
SteBO is obviously a ninja dude.

He must be. Ive only been able to turn off my computer once before I know I would have been perma banned. I want to know his technique. I wonder if he grinds his teeth down to a nub as he unwillingly types in a politicaly correct response to some moron who makes ******** statements. I would like to develop his ninja like focus.

Sadds The Gr8
03-12-2011, 01:31 PM
it was obviously an ego move.

Hawkeye15
03-12-2011, 01:33 PM
He must be. Ive only been able to turn off my computer once before I know I would have been perma banned. I want to know his technique. I wonder if he grinds his teeth down to a nub as he unwillingly types in a politicaly correct response to some moron who makes ******** statements. I would like to develop his ninja like focus.

I have one infraction on this site, and no bans :shrug:

you just have to remain calm man. And don't insult directly. There are ways to stay out of trouble and work the line here

Wilson
03-12-2011, 02:03 PM
From the OP, this is my favourite quote:

Stein: Priceless. Vintage Kobe. So many possible meanings and motivations that you can't be sure how many messages he was trying to send.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...ersHeat-110311

I think that whether he was just looking for some attention, or was trying to take any negative attention away from his team mates, we're doing what he wanted by talking about it so much. Or maybe he just thought it would be cool to play in an empty 18,000 seat stadium, I personally would rather do that than play in an empty gym, it's just a cooler environment :shrug:

Whatever, let's just see how the Lakers play over our next few games and move on.

BALLER R
03-12-2011, 02:28 PM
wow i almost agree with everything thats written but tobe i meant kobe didnt RAPE that girl he just didnt tip her for her time(cheap *** )

i hate when people say that he did. i agree with you on this he didnt rape the damn girl. He's kobe and whos the girl some unknown chick. they had sex she wanted more but kobe wasn't into so she called rape. It's common sense. Night before a surgery he rapes a girl? the case was dismissed if she really was rape she wouldn't of dropped it. She wanted a quick pay check and she got it.

BALLER R
03-12-2011, 02:33 PM
ok,
i can see where you are going with this.
My point is and i think you hit most of this, is either way kobe should have played on the court that was given to him the (practice court) i loved that he was out there shooting because it shows he does care about his game, however it did seem like it was a SHOW justbeingreal#

Now if wade did this, better example lebron because i think lebron is hated more than wade is, and maybe bosh a close second..

Did this the same way... most fans on here would be bashing instead of applauding him for working at his craft....

because most of the fans are still pissed about the summer of 10...

i don't care who you are hate em or love em why would a real basketball fan criticize a player for practicing after a lost.
For the bolded part there would of been a few comment saying oh now lebron makes a shot when the games over. or he makes em now but set the clock to 5 seconds and he would miss. I bet any money there would of been a ton of comments like that

fresh prince
03-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Classic case of analysts over analyzing. Plain and simple.

This......

A supremely dedicated Basketball player worked on his jump shot.. This is getting ink like he did something out of the ordinary and went to the batting cages after the game.

hyb152
03-12-2011, 05:26 PM
It was part extra show and part practice. Trust me, I've done it before too. I played college basketball at SF State and I did this once after a tough loss. I'm not hating on kobe here. I'm just saying I know what he's going through. It's one of those win-win situations. I can go out and show everyone how determined I am and how hard I work while at the same time, improving on my game. That's what Kobe's thinking. No doubt that still makes him a great competitor, but it was PARTLY show and the other part was him working on his game. Win-win.

nickdymez
03-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Im not gonna even read the post and just go with hate... Its always hate

Jewelz0376
03-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Hate

I mean it's not like he's never done this before... Did they think it was for attention last time he did it??..I doubt it...so idk why all of a sudden it is this time...

Obviously, it just shows how much he cared about winning this game, and how much losing (especially the way it played out for him down the stretch) bothered him.... I just don't see why Kobe would be looking for extra attention... He's the most popular basketball player in the world I doubt he cares about that at this point....

I guess he would've been better off crying to show how much he cared about losing the game :rolleyes:

Purple&Gold24
03-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Chronzzzzy? Again. I thought whitemamba33 took care of you. Who gives a damn if he did it for attention! Or w.e you say he did it for. He already had it! And he certainly has gotten from you.

Geargo Wallace
03-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Chronzzzzy? Again. I thought whitemamba33 took care of you. Who gives a damn if he did it for attention! Or w.e you say he did it for. He already had it! And he certainly has gotten from you.

whitemamba's tendency to say the same thing over thinking that its rational is really the lamest excuse for arguments that I've seen in a while. At least he sticks to it though... i guess. peace.

Geargo Wallace
03-12-2011, 07:18 PM
plus Chronz has dealt with worse than whitemamba

heathonater
03-12-2011, 08:47 PM
i dont think this a big deal or anything, but part of me thinks his shoot around after the game was done to show the media how hard he works after each game. i know kobe is a hard worker and cares when he has a bad game or his team loses, but i dont think it was necessary to practice in front of the media. he could have easily gone to a private gym and work on his game without reporters present. but, like i said, this isnt a big deal and this story will go away really soon.

shizzle09
03-12-2011, 08:52 PM

this!

shizzle09
03-12-2011, 08:53 PM
all hate. This is what great players do. it just happened to come after the lakers lost to the heat and you know there was way moer media at that game than most games

knightstemplar
03-12-2011, 09:01 PM
kobes a ballhog
a chucker
a loser
a rapist
an attention whore
not in the top 10
bla bla bla

PSDs infested with these kind of people
haters gonna hate

Jewelz0376
03-12-2011, 09:12 PM
i dont think this a big deal or anything, but part of me thinks his shoot around after the game was done to show the media how hard he works after each game. i know kobe is a hard worker and cares when he has a bad game or his team loses, but i dont think it was necessary to practice in front of the media. he could have easily gone to a private gym and work on his game without reporters present. but, like i said, this isnt a big deal and this story will go away really soon.

Why would he feel a need to show the media this?? If there is ONE thing every1 is pretty much in complete agreement with about Kobe is that he has an amazing work ethic... He doesn't need to prove this at this point in his career...

OaklandsFinest
03-12-2011, 09:20 PM
I do think its funny how Kobe instead of analyzing what happened in the 4th went and threw up even more shots.. Its not hating, its supported by stats, the more Kobe shoots, the worse the Lakers do. Kobe single handedly choked away that 4th quarter the other day by dominating the ball, hogging the ball, and throwing up and a gang of shots..

PhillyFaninLA
03-12-2011, 09:20 PM
kobes a ballhog
a chucker
a loser
a rapist
an attention whore
not in the top 10
bla bla bla

haters gonna hate

So you're saying you'd prefer PSD to be infested with people that love rapists.

Seems like a flawed belief.

BklynKnicks3
03-12-2011, 09:22 PM
1 word goat. hate if u want jordan played vs todays athletes his % and bumber would take a big hit

PhillyFaninLA
03-12-2011, 09:24 PM
1 word goat. hate if u want jordan played vs todays athletes his % and bumber would take a big hit

I agree he's a goat, but he's not the greatest of all time.

Geargo Wallace
03-12-2011, 09:29 PM

still mad that he whooped your NY teams that were 10x harder than your current NY Knicks will ever be? Jordan would be throwing down on Amare way worse than he did to Ewing. Jordan could have dominated in any era. Especially the soft one that David Stern has now created.

hyb152
03-12-2011, 09:44 PM
kobes a ballhog
a chucker
a loser
a rapist
an attention whore
not in the top 10
bla bla bla

haters gonna hate

and it's not the same way for lebron? you're right, haters gonna hate. but why don't u defend lebron like u do for kobe? you one of the haters that's gonna hate? not accusing, just asking.

that's why i think it's hilarious when someone on here hates on lebron...because it's a laker fan 80% of the time. Bias to the max.

Supreme LA
03-12-2011, 10:00 PM
still mad that he whooped your NY teams that were 10x harder than your current NY Knicks will ever be? Jordan would be throwing down on Amare way worse than he did to Ewing. Jordan could have dominated in any era. Especially the soft one that David Stern has now created.

You're ignorant. While I agree that MJ is the GOAT, I still don't think he would have been as successful against the teams of today. MJ's run of 6 championships was during the 90's when there weren't as many talented players as there are today.

If you think about it, the Bulls went against teams like the Suns (Barkley, KJ, and Majerle), the Lakers without Kareem, the Pistons (Laimbeer, Isiah, Dumars, and Rodman), the Trailblazers (Clyde, Porter, and Duckworth), Sonics (GP, Kemp, Hershey Hawkins, and Schremph), and an aging Karl Malone and Stockton playing for the Jazz.

Today's teams are stacked with atleast 3 superstar players and some truly great all-time players. We haven't seen any super teams like we see today since the 80's. The league is full of some seriously athletic and talented players today. While the rules maybe different, the talent level is very superior today than it was in the 90's.

I'm not trying to argue that MJ isn't the greatest of all-time because I still don't think any player of today or in the past has possessed more skill, will, and determination than MJ. MJ was a player who had everything in his arsenal. I believe he is the GOAT because he just had the complete game and could do everything. He could shoot, dribble, pass, rebound, he was the best defender, he had a midrange shot, a decent 3 pt shot, the best post playing guard I've ever seen, and he had the athleticism and competitive drive to go along with it all that pushed him to legendary status. It just doesn't get any better than him.

A lot of players possess a lot of talent as well but they just lack in certain areas of their game and so they fall short of even being compared to being as complete a player as MJ. And most of that has to do with the competitive drive to work on their weaknesses and make them their strengths. This is why Kobe is the closest we will ever see to MJ because

Kobe actually has the same competitive drive to work on his game and that is why he has become the player he is today. Nobody should knock him for that. Kobe became the player he is today because of his work ethic. If Lebron had half the work ethic that Kobe does, than he would have developed a handle and a decent post game at this point already.

MJ is the GOAT. I'm just not foolish enough to dismiss the talent of today's players. MJ just had the story book career and it just doesn't get better than his as a pro athlete.

Geargo Wallace
03-12-2011, 10:11 PM
You're ignorant. While I agree that MJ is the GOAT, I still don't think he would have been as successful against the teams of today. MJ's run of 6 championships was during the 90's when there weren't as many talented players as there are today.

If you think about it, the Bulls went against teams like the Suns (Barkley, KJ, and Majerle), the Lakers without Kareem, the Pistons (Laimbeer, Isiah, Dumars, and Rodman), the Trailblazers (Clyde, Porter, and Duckworth), Sonics (GP, Kemp, Hershey Hawkins, and Schremph), and an aging Karl Malone and Stockton playing for the Jazz.

Today's teams are stacked with atleast 3 superstar players and some truly great all-time players. We haven't seen any super teams like we see today since the 80's. The league is full of some seriously athletic and talented players today. While the rules maybe different, the talent level is very superior today than it was in the 90's.

I'm not trying to argue that MJ isn't the greatest of all-time because I still don't think any player of today or in the past has possessed more skill, will, and determination than MJ. MJ was a player who had everything in his arsenal. I believe he is the GOAT because he just had the complete game and could do everything. He could shoot, dribble, pass, rebound, he was the best defender, he had a midrange shot, a decent 3 pt shot, the best post playing guard I've ever seen, and he had the athleticism and competitive drive to go along with it all that pushed him to legendary status. It just doesn't get any better than him.

A lot of players possess a lot of talent as well but they just lack in certain areas of their game and so they fall short of even being compared to being as complete a player as MJ. And most of that has to do with the competitive drive to work on their weaknesses and make them their strengths. This is why Kobe is the closest we will ever see to MJ because

Kobe actually has the same competitive drive to work on his game and that is why he has become the player he is today. Nobody should knock him for that. Kobe became the player he is today because of his work ethic. If Lebron had half the work ethic that Kobe does, than he would have developed a handle and a decent post game at this point already.

MJ is the GOAT. I'm just not foolish enough to dismiss the talent of today's players. MJ just had the story book career and it just doesn't get better than his as a pro athlete.

I get you 100%. I think MJ is the GOAT. I think Kobe is great and I won't give him total props til his career is done. I understand why ppl love the guy, but I think he gets defended for every little thing that he does, right or wrong. With that said, who is to say that MJ wouldn't have been on teams as stacked as Kobe? Also the super team thing has just started to happen again. I think that MJ would have been as much, if not more, of a success in today's game. His clutch performances and his drive would still be unmatched in today's game no doubt.

masalex1205
03-12-2011, 10:36 PM
PSD breakdown

40% on Kobe's nuts
40% hating on Kobe
20% think its somewhere in the middle

ghettosean
03-12-2011, 10:54 PM
The media just wants to write stories... it can't be about Kobe just wanting to take some shots it obviously has to be about something else in their eyes so they can have a story to write about.

All the media hype about this was so ridiculous! He's a basketball player let him ball if he wants to when he wants to without making such a big fuss about it.

OaklandsFinest
03-13-2011, 01:33 AM
This is what I don't get right.... Lebron has a ESPN special to use the attention he's already going to get to raise money for the Boys and Girls club and he's an a$$hole who just wants attention... Yet Kobe will blow a game in Miami, and instead of using the private practice area chooses to use the public arena and shoot in front of media and fans... Lebron is the attention whore? Kobe fans never fail to surprise me.

So let me get this right, a guy can drive out the best center since Wilt because he wants to be THE GUY, then demands a trade because he doesn't like the team around him, then back tracks because they offer a giant extension. Wins no rings without a very good offensive big. Quits during game 6 of the 2008 NBA Finals, and chokes during game 7 of last year's finals. Hits some very big shots but misses more. He's the only player I know whose team's offense gets extensively worse during crunch time and shoots 33 pct from the field in crunch time, yet is crowned the best closer in the game. He is still the only player who the more he shoots the worse his team does yet he's the best in the game?

He's never had one performance that equalled Lebron's against Detroit yet Lebron is the choke artist? Lebron isn't the best closer either but it kills me how people hate Lebron, yet Kobe is more of an attention whore, more of a hypocrate, and his legacy is more of a facade. The Lakers are a great franchise with tremendous players, and Kobe is going to be top 20 all time, but don't ish on people like Jerry West, Magic, Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, and other Laker greats by saying he's in the Jordan discussion.

Jewelz0376
03-13-2011, 01:43 AM
This is what I don't get right.... Lebron has a ESPN special to use the attention he's already going to get to raise money for the Boys and Girls club and he's an a$$hole who just wants attention... Yet Kobe will blow a game in Miami, and instead of using the private practice area chooses to use the public arena and shoot in front of media and fans... Lebron is the attention whore? Kobe fans never fail to surprise me.

So let me get this right, a guy can drive out the best center since Wilt because he wants to be THE GUY, then demands a trade because he doesn't like the team around him, then back tracks because they offer a giant extension. Wins no rings without a very good offensive big. Quits during game 6 of the 2008 NBA Finals, and chokes during game 7 of last year's finals. Hits some very big shots but misses more. He's the only player I know whose team's offense gets extensively worse during crunch time and shoots 33 pct from the field in crunch time, yet is crowned the best closer in the game. He is still the only player who the more he shoots the worse his team does yet he's the best in the game?

He's never had one performance that equalled Lebron's against Detroit yet Lebron is the choke artist? Lebron isn't the best closer either but it kills me how people hate Lebron, yet Kobe is more of an attention whore, more of a hypocrate, and his legacy is more of a facade. The Lakers are a great franchise with tremendous players, and Kobe is going to be top 20 all time, but don't ish on people like Jerry West, Magic, Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, and other Laker greats by saying he's in the Jordan discussion.

:rolleyes:

nickdymez
03-13-2011, 12:48 PM

wow... great post:rolleyes:

C-Style
03-13-2011, 05:26 PM
PPL want him to humble himself, and it irritates them that he doesn't... he shouldn't...maybe cause he's black it irritates them?

knightstemplar
03-13-2011, 05:32 PM
and it's not the same way for lebron? you're right, haters gonna hate. but why don't u defend lebron like u do for kobe? you one of the haters that's gonna hate? not accusing, just asking.

that's why i think it's hilarious when someone on here hates on lebron...because it's a laker fan 80% of the time. Bias to the max.

i dont hate on lebron, hes a great player, just a dooshbag of a guy

"not 1 not 2 not 3,ect"-lebron .......win 1 first, he makes dumb comments, and talks in 3rd person about himself sometimes

knightstemplar
03-13-2011, 05:36 PM

not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7

topdog
03-13-2011, 05:46 PM
I didn't think the whole thing was a big deal before people were trying to spin it, nor that it is newsworthy whatsoever.

Like people have said, he's using the actual court where he did/will play on and what about some other offshoot theories like:

-Maybe fans wanna watch (was the arena completely cleared? i honestly don't know)

-Sending a message to the HEAT that he's putting in his work s they better get ready

-He enjoys playing/shooting on a real court whenever possible (it's a whole different experience)

DCB/LAL
03-13-2011, 06:07 PM
When your Kobe Bryant you can do whatever you want people saying he did it for attention etc... are just hating.

Kobe has nothing left to prove he has 5 rings, MVPs, Finals MVPs etc... his work ethic is well known behind closed doors and by his peers im sure many would tell thats just Kobe being Kobe he did it in the Olympics and he's done it his whole career.... for you to say he did it for attention is ignorant the guy is one of the biggest names in sports he doesnt need the attention cause he gets IT REGARDLESS.

I mean honestly did you guys findout anything you didn't already know about Kobe after this? I think not EVERYBODY already knew his work ethic was second to none... so whats the big deal? Because he decides to go shoot in the game court instead of the practice court?

Geargo Wallace
03-13-2011, 06:14 PM
Is the "he has nothing more to prove" thing an argument? I guess he should just retire if it is.

DCB/LAL
03-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Is the "he has nothing more to prove" thing an argument? I guess he should just retire if it is.

Sure...what I mean by that is he doesn't need to go shoot in the Game court or the practice court to draw attention or get reporters to tell us what we all ALREADY KNEW...which is that Kobes work ethic is second to none. Its well known by coaches, peers and fans.

I mean honestly is it a shocking story when a reported writes "Kobe stays after game to practice on shot"? No everyone ALREADY knows thats just Kobe being Kobe whats the big deal? Because he choose to shoot on the game court(where he had just had a bad game) over the practice court? For all we know he taking shots he missed and playing them over in his mind....I know ive done. ANYONE who has played ball probably has.

drewl
03-13-2011, 06:42 PM

pretty much what this guy said. bolded parts especially.

DCB/LAL
03-13-2011, 06:45 PM
pretty much what this guy said. bolded parts especially.

What does any of that have to do with him shooting after the game? You may hate him as a person but that has nothing to do with him as a player.

D Roses Bulls
03-13-2011, 06:53 PM
the people that put down kobe, but want to stick up for lebron are just ridiculous. I dont like kobe all that much, but dont ever compare him with lebron. thats a insult to the game it's self.

chicago lulz
03-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Media making a bid deal out of nothing.

No surprise there.