PDA

View Full Version : "El Heat, Los Bulls"

Game_Over
03-12-2011, 03:29 AM
First off I don't want this thread to get out of hand into a racial thread, so lets all be adults about this!! Now!!

Why are NBA teams doing this, yes of course I know to attract Hispanic viewers but the way I look at it if your team is THE HEAT or THE BULLS it doesn't matter what nationality you are!! We in here see that all the time people from around the world cheer for their teams. Why change the name for one nationality? China is getting huge with basketball just look at Yao's votes and it has been huge in Europe but we aren't changing teams names to French or Chinese!! I wouldn't want to see Real Madrid to change their name to Royal Madrid just to get US fans more involved.. I don't know why but I just think it's wrong, if you want to expand to Mexico and have a team named El Heat fine but don't change a team here already! I just think this is stupid, am I the only one lets debate and be clean!!

asandhu23
03-12-2011, 03:33 AM
Hispanics will soon be the majority in US.

COBY KARL
03-12-2011, 03:43 AM
Loche Notina night. It's just a jersey. No need to rant. At least we don't have ads on them.
Close thread.

Game_Over
03-12-2011, 05:24 AM

So that makes it right? So if Hispanics are going to be the majority as you say we then should speak Spanish??

Tdotraptors
03-12-2011, 05:42 AM
I agree. we dont make raptor jerseys that say RAPTORS EH!

Wade>You
03-12-2011, 05:43 AM
I agree. we dont make raptor jerseys that say RAPTORS EH!lol maybe we should? would be funny. :D

MOST
03-12-2011, 05:48 AM
Lol

CityofChaos
03-12-2011, 06:04 AM

They WERE the majority before the Europeans basically annihilated their ancestors and took over the country...

Still, who GIVES a ish if the names were changed for ONE night.

Two-3
03-12-2011, 06:07 AM
:facepalm: Dude there just jersey's get over it. Its only a few days out of the season its nothing to &%$*! About.

Confusious
03-12-2011, 06:08 AM
You make this sound like it's going to cause world hunger. It's an alternate jersey. It happens a couple nights a year. Nobody's going to get shot about it.

And of course the first sentence upon reading this thread was "I don't want this thread to get out of hand into a racial thread, so lets all be adults about this!"

That's got to be some sort of morse code, side-mind **** right there.

GREATNESS ONE
03-12-2011, 07:40 AM
Really?

PhillyFaninLA
03-12-2011, 08:11 AM
If you don't want a racial thread as you said in your first sentence then don't make a racist topic like this.

tmacsc2
03-12-2011, 08:24 AM
:facepalm: Dude there just jersey's get over it. Its only a few days out of the season its nothing to &%$*! About.

thats the problem with people like you! next it will be boycotting the arizone MLB allstar game, then it will be letting anyone and everyone in our country for free then it will be letting all those illegal Aliens have a license a SS# and a job with benefits and 401K

Your the problem with America!

CrazyShawn
03-12-2011, 08:32 AM
I agree with gameover.

CrazyShawn
03-12-2011, 08:33 AM
agrees with tmacsc2 as well

magichatnumber9
03-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Here's the pitch. "I bet we could improve our ratings in the South West and Florida Mr. Stern." HMMMMM "Latin Night" Go on I'm listening.

D1JM
03-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Who cares

Lil Rhody
03-12-2011, 09:24 AM
They WERE the majority before the Europeans basically annihilated their ancestors and took over the country...

Still, who GIVES a ish if the names were changed for ONE night.

ahhhhhh Little lesson for you kid. They were Indians and when the Spanish came over from a country called SPAIN they raped all the Indians, destroyed their way of life, melted down all their gold into gold bricks not the amazing Myan and Aztec art we would have and created Latinos.......Its a shame this is what happened but hey its history now

Agar81
03-12-2011, 09:26 AM
I like the idea, and I wish the Celtics did it on those nights (but I am half Spanish)

jsimms92
03-12-2011, 10:07 AM
thats the problem with people like you! next it will be boycotting the arizone MLB allstar game, then it will be letting anyone and everyone in our country for free then it will be letting all those illegal Aliens have a license a SS# and a job with benefits and 401K

I hope your not serious

Assman22
03-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Should've saw the writing on the wall, errrr jerseys.....it wasn't El Heat, it was L HEAT :)

Fargus
03-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Show me the Mavs record while wearing the jerseys and I'll let you know if it bothers me or not.

xxcubs22xx
03-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Why is this such a big deal to people? Who the **** cares?

They've been doing Noche Latina for a few years now.

king4day
03-12-2011, 11:27 AM
People are actually bothered by this?

X12Celtics3
03-12-2011, 11:32 AM
I do find this kind of annoying, but its not a big deal at all. Not sure why this would be worthy of such a ranting post...

Hellcrooner
03-12-2011, 11:35 AM
i agree is completely stupid.

and they do it wrong too.

if they really want to do it then it should be EL CALOR y LOS TOROS.

Ive have always found it disgusting personally and changing only the article it seeems to me like a joke.

Hellcrooner
03-12-2011, 11:38 AM
ahhhhhh Little lesson for you kid. They were Indians and when the Spanish came over from a country called SPAIN they raped all the Indians, destroyed their way of life, melted down all their gold into gold bricks not the amazing Myan and Aztec art we would have and created Latinos.......Its a shame this is what happened but hey its history now

there weres these people.
the english that came to northamerica sent alot of prisioners to live there as a punishment, after some time those elnglish peoploe thought they woudl eb better off by separating from england, made a war to separate form tehm, then they decidd they wanted more territory, so they KILLED 99% of the original inhabitants in teh country and placed the remaining ones in reserves.

Its a shame this is waht happened but hey its hisotry now.

Gram
03-12-2011, 11:42 AM

This.

dwadefan03
03-12-2011, 11:45 AM
you answered your own question. The nba already has plenty of ratings from china and they're expanding into Europe by playing games there. The Latin fan base is most likely the one that gets the least amount of views so theyre probably a target market for them

dnewguy
03-12-2011, 11:45 AM

Do you ever stop and think that life is short to always be hating on people that dont look like you? Everyone is living their life and you are bothered by it. People like you are so bothered by everyone else because your life makes no sense to you....Here's an advise, go join the tea party, we don't have a problem with Latinos seeking a better life.

Hellcrooner
03-12-2011, 11:46 AM
So that makes it right? So if Hispanics are going to be the majority as you say we then should speak Spanish??

WHy not? have two official tongues is a + not a -

you can comunicate with 50% ow the world population.

I currently speak 4 languages and im learnign a 5th i wish i coudl spealk 20 or 30.

dnewguy
03-12-2011, 11:48 AM
IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, GO JOIN THE TEA PARTY. There's a platform for racists, hatemongers and ignorant folks who spend all their life bothering about someone else.

mttwlsn16
03-12-2011, 11:58 AM

thank u, someone making sense :clap:

kntresistheheat
03-12-2011, 11:59 AM
I can't believe this thread is still up?!?! I am offended by this because my parents are hispinac and to answer your question it's because it's Latin month.....you made this thread so it can become a racist topic and you tried to cover it up with your opening line of ' I don't want this to become a racist thread' yeah, sure buddy!!

Chitownhero14
03-12-2011, 12:01 PM
I had never thought of it in that way, in a way you have a valid point, all the other populations china, europe etc have strong viewers for us why change just for mexico and the hispanics? On the other hand its just a few games for teams and makes no difference whatsoever, its not like the refs, team, and game callers call them el Heat or Los Bulls that entire game, no it was still the Heat, The Bulls...so it didnt effect anything,

dnewguy
03-12-2011, 12:08 PM
I can't believe this thread is still up?!?! I am offended by this because my parents are hispinac and to answer your question it's because it's Latin month.....you made this thread so it can become a racist topic and you tried to cover it up with your opening line of ' I don't want this to become a racist thread' yeah, sure buddy!!

Just like the old revolutionaries concerned about spending when we have a Black President, to add insult to injury they worship Reagan, the same President that started deficit spending and this globalization crap. You know this racists always look for a way to hate, he is mad because of los or el? NO, he is mad because he hates latinos and somehow he is telling us that because of los and el illegal immigrants will start crossing the border and collecting benefits and 401k.....he is overloaded on Glen Beck.

Then he has the guts to say people that let it slide is the problem with America...LOL. You do remember that the people that ruined America's economy are rich WHITE people and not Latinos working 12 hour a day and making less than $80?

Close this thread or it will get ugly, that a promise.

magichatnumber9
03-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Latin month, Latin night is racist. People who are Latin should be embarrassed about this gimmick crap obviously created by opportunist elite, looking to cash in on our differences. If were going to be equals then everyday should be Latin Night, African Night, Irish Night, etc. etc. That is America, we are the melting pot of the world because we celebrate sports as Americans. We get to chose what foods we want to eat, Mexican, Colombian, Thai, Sushi. These gimmick months only divide us. Lets be Americans, and be one.

ankit
03-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Here is what i believe: i dont like these los bulls and los heat not because their hispanic language but the fact the jersey does not mention the name of the cities like miami and chicago. I would rather have my team called the Los Toronto Raptors than Los Raptors. However this is just my opinion. This thread should not get into peoples minds because for once or twice in a 82 game schedule that they carry this concept. Plus whats so wrong in acknowledging the hispanics and this is only done in the south where there is a majority of that population and not in Northen parts like New York, Boston, Toronto. Finally its not like this was done in the playoffs or so why not show appreciation for the limited time we get to see a change in regular jerseys.

RZZZA
03-12-2011, 12:18 PM
I honestly don't know why people care so much what language the team names are on the jerseys. I don't care if they're in Russian, German or Swahili.

for real, it doesn't matter.

dnewguy
03-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Latin month, Latin night is racist. People who are Latin should be embarrassed about this gimmick crap obviously created by opportunist elite, looking to cash in on our differences. If were going to be equals then everyday should be Latin Night, African Night, Irish Night, etc. etc. That is America, we are the melting pot of the world because we celebrate sports as Americans. We get to chose what foods we want to eat, Mexican, Colombian, Thai, Sushi. These gimmick months only divide us. Lets be Americans, and be one.

Latin month is a celebration of a minority group just like black history month. No one forces anyone to celebrate them, people like you make it out to be more than what it is. Everything has the potential of dividing is, how about we crap out all religious holidays? Since we have other religions in America.

No one is forcing you guys to celebrate it.

Chitownhero14
03-12-2011, 12:22 PM
i honestly don't know why people care so much what language the team names are on the jerseys. I don't care if they're in russian, german or swahili.

For real, it doesn't matter.

+1 :d

Avenged
03-12-2011, 12:25 PM
No one complains about black history month. :shrug: They're just jerseys that don't even happen often. Big deal.

dnewguy
03-12-2011, 12:27 PM
No one complains about black history month. :shrug: They're just jerseys that don't even happen often. Big deal.

I live in Georgia, trust me they complain about it here. It's like these rednecks get their period in February.

ILMindState
03-12-2011, 12:35 PM

Ive have always found it disgusting personally and changing only the article it seeems to me like a joke.

This

It's annoying because it's not even Spanish.

RZZZA
03-12-2011, 12:38 PM
LOL @ 'nobody complains about black history month'

Giantwarrior
03-12-2011, 12:42 PM
are their any mexicans in the NBA?

kjoke
03-12-2011, 12:43 PM
it your going to go noche latina night, placing a el or los in front of the name does not make it Spanish. I honestly dont care but i could understand how it may be disrespectful to the Spanish language.

Avenged
03-12-2011, 12:44 PM
I never really seen or heard anyone complain about black history month :laugh2: Maybe because I live in Cali.

kjoke
03-12-2011, 12:44 PM
I live in Georgia, trust me they complain about it here. It's like these rednecks get their period in February.

does that mean every other month is white history month?

dnewguy
03-12-2011, 12:46 PM
does that mean every other month is white history month?

?

Can you elaborate on what you're getting at.

magichatnumber9
03-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Hey I love everybody

Algmuskrats
03-12-2011, 12:47 PM

That just made my day.

Algmuskrats
03-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Who knows lol. Its kinda catchy though.

kjoke
03-12-2011, 12:50 PM
?

Can you elaborate on what you're getting at.

I dont find it that black history month should be in one month, it should be incorporated throughout the year. I dont know about you but in my school(s) we only do black history in feb., you know remembering significant figures in black history in that month. That should done in the entire year and not just in Feb.

RZZZA
03-12-2011, 12:51 PM
I think Black History Month is a stupid idea, but anything that gets people to study a little bit more about history, I'm for.

I just don't think there is any such thing as "black history". Just like there is no such thing as "White history". There's European history, or African history, or American history...

so, I don't know, I think history in general is under appreciated, and American history is not taught as in-depth as I would like it to be taught in schools, and that includes history made by black-americans.

sammid21
03-12-2011, 12:54 PM

So you're saying to everyone to forget their culture? Let's just be American and forget where we came from?

Avenged
03-12-2011, 12:54 PM
I dont find it that black history month should be in one month, it should be incorporated throughout the year. I dont know about you but in my school(s) we only do black history in feb., you know remembering significant figures in black history in that month. That should done in the entire year and not just in Feb.

You see, I could understand why this would cause some problems.. Why should blacks be acknowledge for the whole year? Everyone here is suppose to be equal, if you're going to do it for 1, do it for the rest. I don't think the jersey thing is such a big deal, actually not a big deal at all because it's just basketball. Unless a ball game is really affecting people that much that they have the need to complain about it.

Ezio
03-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Spanish is the national language for 26 countries. NBA executives are smart in that they change the jersey and millions are sold. NBA wants to expand it's influences and there is no bigger market in Europe than Spain for basketball and there's a bunch of Lakers fans there.

dnewguy
03-12-2011, 12:57 PM
I dont find it that black history month should be in one month, it should be incorporated throughout the year. I dont know about you but in my school(s) we only do black history in feb., you know remembering significant figures in black history in that month, it should placed in the entire year and not just in Feb.

I agree but like you said in the previous sentence, if the country is not willing to talk about Black contribution in America, you could see how significant a month can be. If there wasn't a black history month, people will comfortably ignore the history of blacks in America. I like it because it introduces our generation and coming generations to the progression of Blacks in the American society.

dnewguy
03-12-2011, 01:01 PM
I think Black History Month is a stupid idea, but anything that gets people to study a little bit more about history, I'm for.

I just don't think there is any such thing as "black history". Just like there is no such thing as "White history". There's European history, or African history, or American history...

so, I don't know, I think history in general is under appreciated, and American history is not taught as in-depth as I would like it to be taught in schools, and that includes history made by black-Americans.

You don't make any sense, yea there is American history which includes the history of a oppressed minority.....BLACKS. Are you trying to say skin color and race never played a role in the American society? It is part of the American history, a history that Whites would like to act as if never existed. No one is blaming White people for what was done in the past but if we do not understand the past and history.....history is bound to repeat itself.

kjoke
03-12-2011, 01:12 PM
You see, I could understand why this would cause some problems.. Why should blacks be acknowledge for the whole year? Everyone here is suppose to be equal, if you're going to do it for 1, do it for the rest. I don't think the jersey thing is such a big deal, actually not a big deal at all because it's just basketball. Unless a ball game is really affecting people that much that they have the need to complain about it.

no but they should be treated equally and a whole month does not do that. I mean we would be on WW1 in feb. then our teacher goes and jumps to the civil rights acts and stuff. I mean that gets annoying considering we have to leave all the stuff behind and jump to different things and go off-topic/

Without sounding racist, people say to have black history more, but truthfully prior to WW1, theyre werent many famous black people, and the ones that were Hariet Tubman and ect are learned through the respect chapters such as the civil war and ect. If my sister has to learn about some random black singer and her rise to fame, and has nothing to do with the subject at hand, its more of a detriment than an acknowledgement. Black History is important but lets not shove it down the peoples throat in one single month, incorporate it when it is relevant to the subject at hand.

RZZZA
03-12-2011, 01:16 PM
How about black history month teaches the little known struggle for civil rights, with the formation of the Black Panther Party, Huey P. Newton and the assassination of Fred Hampton by the U.S. Government?

ahh...yeah, they never teach that part of history, do they?

GodsSon
03-12-2011, 01:17 PM
You don't make any sense, yea there is American history which includes the history of a oppressed minority.....BLACKS. Are you trying to say skin color and race never played a role in the American society? It is part of the American history, a history that Whites would like to act as if never existed. No one is blaming White people for what was done in the past but if we do not understand the past and history.....history is bound to repeat itself.

I'm not even American but I'll answer this...if there's a black history month, shouldn't there also be a Japanese/Irish/Italian history month since they were also oppressed at some point in time?

As for the jerseys, I personally think it's dumb that they single out one specific language/race, but I guess when you're targeting the as big a group as the Spanish speaking populace it makes sense from a financial standpoint. Either way, I could care less.

dnewguy
03-12-2011, 01:19 PM
no but they should be treated equally and a whole month does not do that. I mean we would be on WW1 in feb. then our teacher goes and jumps to the civil rights acts and stuff. I mean that gets annoying considering we have to leave all the stuff behind and jump to different things and go off-topic/

Without sounding racist, people say to have black history more, but truthfully prior to WW1, theyre werent many famous black people, and the ones that were Hariet Tubman and ect are learned through the respect chapters such as the civil war and ect. If my sister has to learn about some random black singer and her rise to fame, and has nothing to do with the subject at hand, its more of a detriment than an acknowledgement. Black History is important but lets not shove it down the peoples throat in one single month, incorporate it when it is relevant to the subject at hand.

Blacks have never been treated equally. Imagine if Charlie Sheen was black, some white folks will be calling for the death penalty. We are rarely described as human when we do something wrong, all we hear is thugs, gangs, and all those sort of names just like anyone that disagree with American policy is a terrorist. It's what it is, we live among people that rejoice in our misery.

dnewguy
03-12-2011, 01:21 PM
How about black history month teaches the little known struggle for civil rights, with the formation of the Black Panther Party, Huey P. Newton and the assassination of Fred Hampton by the U.S. Government?

ahh...yeah, they never teach that part of history, do they?

or STD's testing on Blacks, Syphilis, HIV anyone? Lets just act like Rev Wright is a fanatic yet can't find a White person that can prove him wrong on anything he said.

kjoke
03-12-2011, 01:24 PM
lets not get this more off toic dnewguy, if you want to talk about it more go to the gernal discussion and make this thread.

dnewguy
03-12-2011, 01:28 PM
lets not get this more off toic dnewguy, if you want to talk about it more go to the gernal discussion and make this thread.

told ya where this would lead, didn't I? It would lead to complaints about Blacks and Latinos and some of us won't have that.

Advise: Close thread.

Sadds The Gr8
03-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Blacks have never been treated equally. Imagine if Charlie Sheen was black, some white folks will be calling for the death penalty. We are rarely described as human when we do something wrong, all we hear is thugs, gangs, and all those sort of names just like anyone that disagree with American policy is a terrorist. It's what it is, we live among people that rejoice in our misery.

so true

RZZZA
03-12-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm fairly certain white people started the thug and gang thing anyway....

there were thugs and gangs in ancient Rome.

jsimms92
03-12-2011, 02:06 PM
This thread went from latino month jerseys to whether or not black history month should exists and its still open... so Mods, bash the heat knicks or lakers and a thread is closed in seconds but racism is cool? Nice to know

RZZZA
03-12-2011, 02:08 PM
what racism? where do you see racism in this thread?

is someone in this thread keeping a group of people from advancing in society due solely to the color of their skin? Where are they, point them out to me, those dirty racists.

Wilson
03-12-2011, 02:08 PM
They've always seemed kind of patronizing to me. Do they think South Americans can't understand the language on the jerseys or something? Seems kind of dumb to me :shrug:

Arch Stanton
03-12-2011, 02:51 PM

Not always true. Spike Lee called studio execs White Devils when they wouldn't give him more money to make Malcolm X. Imagine if it were a white director calling black execs Black Devils. He would immediately become deemed a racist and a bigot.

dnewguy
03-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Not always true. Spike Lee called studio execs White Devils when they wouldn't give him more money to make Malcolm X. Imagine if it were a white director calling black execs Black Devils. He would immediately become deemed a racist and a bigot.

:confused:

kntresistheheat
03-12-2011, 03:56 PM
I can't not believe that the mods are have not closed this thread:facepalm: and some of them has post their thoughts....really? This is not thread worthy!

Purple&Gold24
03-12-2011, 04:08 PM

This dude got it on the spot. Perfect answer. :clap::clap:
/thread

homestarunner93
03-12-2011, 04:10 PM

That makes no sense, the US Census doesn't even project non-white Hispanics to be the majority in 2050, much less "soon."

magichatnumber9
03-12-2011, 04:11 PM
So every time someones feelings get hurt we have to close a thread. Is carving a month or a week out for a particular culture right or wrong? Why should we celebrate Hispanic month when it was the Spanish who oppressed the Native Americans? Yet Native American are still oppressed in some parts of Canada, United States, and Middle and South America. Some Native tribes in South America refuse to learn or speak Spanish. How does American culture carve it's own identity in which the people who live and migrate can openly adopt and live.? Ok maybe this would be better in the GD forum but hey were here.

RZZZA
03-12-2011, 04:12 PM
That makes no sense, the US Census doesn't even project non-white Hispanics to be the majority in 2050, much less "soon."

yeah...and its not like if that were the case that we'd all suddenly stop speaking English and start speaking Spanish.

RZZZA
03-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Why should we celebrate Hispanic month when it was the Spanish who oppressed the Native Americans?

If the Spanish hadn't oppressed Native Americans, all our wonderful Mexican friends wouldn't be here today, since Mexicans are the descendants of Spanish conquistadors and Aztec conquests.

History is most often built on peoples pain, suffering and injustice. Would you really say that you wish Europeans never subjugated the natives in America? We wouldn't be here, there'd be no America and no Mexico.

Purple&Gold24
03-12-2011, 04:16 PM
First off I don't want this thread to get out of hand into a racial thread, so lets all be adults about this!! Now!!

Why are NBA teams doing this, yes of course I know to attract Hispanic viewers but the way I look at it if your team is THE HEAT or THE BULLS it doesn't matter what nationality you are!! We in here see that all the time people from around the world cheer for their teams. Why change the name for one nationality? China is getting huge with basketball just look at Yao's votes and it has been huge in Europe but we aren't changing teams names to French or Chinese!! I wouldn't want to see Real Madrid to change their name to Royal Madrid just to get US fans more involved.. I don't know why but I just think it's wrong, if you want to expand to Mexico and have a team named El Heat fine but don't change a team here already! I just think this is stupid, am I the only one lets debate and be clean!!

Basically if you dnt like it then don't watch it! TM

Purple&Gold24
03-12-2011, 04:20 PM

Hahaha idiot. :facepalm: us census.
You'll see. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

dnewguy
03-12-2011, 04:23 PM
This dude got it on the spot. Perfect answer. :clap::clap:
/thread

I think that's an unrealistic prediction because once more Hispanic women start getting education, they will start having less babies thus their percentage will either remain the same or slightly higher. The prediction is based on trend, it may not last past this generation.

Game_Over
03-12-2011, 04:24 PM
So every time someones feelings get hurt we have to close a thread.
Exactly what one post has been deleted, I think thats pretty good.

Basically if you dnt like it then don't watch it! TM
Well thought out answer:clap:

dnewguy
03-12-2011, 04:26 PM
I can't not believe that the mods are have not closed this thread:facepalm: and some of them has post their thoughts....really? This is not thread worthy!

lol so true and I am guilty of that. Race is a hot button. We humans aren't perfect in thoughts and actions, we just think we are but we're just a different kind of animal continuing to seek knowledge.

Purple&Gold24
03-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Exactly what one post has been deleted, I think thats pretty good.

Well thought out answer:clap:

Thank you buddy. I didn't have to think about it. Just seemed like a good answer for you. Basic and easy to understand:)

Purple&Gold24
03-12-2011, 04:34 PM
I think that's an unrealistic prediction because once more Hispanic women start getting education, they will start having less babies thus their percentage will either remain the same or slightly higher. The prediction is based on trend, it may not last past this generation.

Ok. Ok well we have to wait see if my unrealistic prediction is accurate or not. :eyebrow:

ClipperfanKevin
03-12-2011, 05:26 PM
So... we've got Black history month, latin month, and women's day? If there was a white males hour this nation would go into outrage

ClipperfanKevin
03-12-2011, 05:29 PM
If the Spanish hadn't oppressed Native Americans, all our wonderful Mexican friends wouldn't be here today, since Mexicans are the descendants of Spanish conquistadors and Aztec conquests.

History is most often built on peoples pain, suffering and injustice. Would you really say that you wish Europeans never subjugated the natives in America? We wouldn't be here, there'd be no America and no Mexico.

Yeah the Europeans came over, and we decided to cast off frm them and tear **** up here, but you don't see us holding white power months (I'm not white by the ay, just pointing out the hypocracy) because that would be wacist

hyb152
03-12-2011, 05:31 PM
It's just a way of Stern promoting more marketing for the NBA. Stern doesn't give a damn about hispanic and mexican heritage. He's just trying to make it look like he does for marketing. NBA=politics

RZZZA
03-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Yeah the Europeans came over, and we decided to cast off frm them and tear **** up here, but you don't see us holding white power months (I'm not white by the ay, just pointing out the hypocracy) because that would be wacist

a white power month? :confused:

European history is already the most-taught history in schools K-12, so what would a white "power" month accomplish, exactly?

There needs to be more recognition for black american history, african history and other history that has nothing to do with European history, because those are the subjects that often get overlooked in our public schools.

School is wack anyway...like Mark Twain said, "don't let school get in the way of your education"

Chacarron
03-12-2011, 05:49 PM
One nationality??? Hispanic/Latino is not one nationality.

TampaFan
03-12-2011, 06:08 PM
The real question is if you're going to cater to the growing Hispanic population for a night here and there, why not go all the way? "El Calor" and "Los Toros" sound much better than going Spanglish.

BoTiggle
03-12-2011, 06:13 PM

Oh no, let's not allow people to be free and happy!

If it were up to me, we'd open the border and let anyone come over. Most of these people want to work and support their family. Why should we deny them the opportunity for a better life here?

We were lucky enough to be born in a country where we have a decent shot at making a living to support our family. These people were unlucky enough to be born in a country that is in the midst of chaos.

If you were born on the other side of the fence you would have a much different outlook.

This country does NOT belong to white people or English speaking people. Get over it!

BTW:
I'm white and I come from a family of racists. Not overt racism though - Northeast Racism. The kind that exists beneath the surface. It is disgusting. These same people who show their kids 'Sesame Street'--which preaches the beauty of diversity--are spouting racial epithets and threatening to leave their town if any "coloreds" move into the neighborhood.

My only hope is that the younger generation will see how wrong their parents are.

gnomenamedgnorm
03-12-2011, 06:22 PM

toovey107
03-12-2011, 06:26 PM
:laugh2: The hypocrisy you've been spewing is quite amusing.

toovey107
03-12-2011, 06:30 PM

If it were up to me, we'd open the border and let anyone come over. Most of these people want to work and support their family. Why should we deny them the opportunity for a better life here?

We were lucky enough to be born in a country where we have a decent shot at making a living to support our family. These people were unlucky enough to be born in a country that is in the midst of chaos.

If you were born on the other side of the fence you would have a much different outlook.

This country does NOT belong to white people or English speaking people. Get over it!

BTW:
I'm white and I come from a family of racists. Not overt racism though - Northeast Racism. The kind that exists beneath the surface. It is disgusting. These same people who show their kids 'Sesame Street'--which preaches the beauty of diversity--are spouting racial epithets and threatening to leave their town if any "coloreds" move into the neighborhood.

My only hope is that the younger generation will see how wrong their parents are.

Well thank God, it's not.

Havoc Wreaker
03-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Loche Notina night. It's just a jersey. No need to rant. At least we don't have ads on them.
Close thread.

:laugh:

Noche Latina

RZZZA
03-12-2011, 06:39 PM

BTW:

Nobody is closing the border to immigrants, you have it twisted. The laws simply state that you must immigrate into the country legally, so we can keep track of who's in our country and if they're a danger to society or not.

The problem with illegal immigrants is just that...they're illegal. America likes legal immigrants, you know...those people who sign the guest book on their way in.

ElMarroAfamado
03-12-2011, 06:41 PM
normally the only ones who hate this are ..racist white people or ignorant racist black people...for some reason everyone hates mexicans

Eh.....

SoxBearsBulls!
03-12-2011, 07:15 PM
are their any mexicans in the NBA?

Eduardo Najera from the Charlotte Bobcats...BTW, Noche Latina isn't only for "mexicans":facepalm:.

There are a few Spanish speaking players in the NBA, off the top of my head, the Gasol brothers, Manu Ginobili, Andres Nocioni, Luis Scola, Carlos Arroyo, Carlos Delfino etc...

RZZZA
03-12-2011, 07:26 PM
I thought latina was the female version of the world latino?

Havoc Wreaker
03-12-2011, 07:29 PM
I thought latina was the female version of the world latino?
It is.

In spanish the word night is female.

Windy
03-12-2011, 07:31 PM

proper nouns aren't translated.

RZZZA
03-12-2011, 07:32 PM
ohh...

SoxBearsBulls! said Noche Latina and I thought it was a mistake, I thought it meant "night for female's" basically. I was like, huh? its a night only for the females?

smh

kingbrentg
03-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Okay, I think that's enough of this in here. It's not about basketball in the least bit anymore.