PDA

View Full Version : Is Evan Turner a Bust??

Denver-boy
03-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Whats your opinion on him.... I mean Did you expect more outta of him... I havent Heard nothing of him at all, After all that hype in draft I thought he be a Rookie Story... hes been a Huge Dissapointment, SO far IMO

Doogolas
03-11-2011, 11:56 PM
This entire year's draft class is a bust.

Gators123
03-11-2011, 11:57 PM
No, its way to early to say that.

papipapsmanny
03-11-2011, 11:59 PM
yea apparently john wall is a bust.... give me a break

This is for Doogolas's post by the way

MiamiWadeCounty
03-11-2011, 11:59 PM
I expected much more from him, however it is too early to be considered a bust especially since iggy plays such a similar role and changes turner's game.

210Don
03-12-2011, 12:00 AM
its his rookie season :facepalm:

Sync
03-12-2011, 12:01 AM
I hate when people say it's to early, right NOW he's a bust.

AddiX
03-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Its true he's still young, but he also was supposento be NBA ready. It justbgoes to show how athletic you need ti be on the NBA level. The guy clearly is trouble getting any separation.

hyb152
03-12-2011, 12:03 AM

:facepalm:

dumbest post of the year.

Doogolas
03-12-2011, 12:04 AM
yea apparently john wall is a bust.... give me a break

This is for Doogolas's post by the way

When he stops playing like ****, I will gladly give you a break. But until he actually does something other than suck, yes, he is a bust.

210Don
03-12-2011, 12:05 AM

hes probably a mavs fan

KingOf215
Too early to tell if he's a bust, but those of you who follow the Sixers have surely noticed that he's had more & more instances where he's flashed some of his potential.

He has definitely not lived up to expectations, but it's not a complete wash. He does play some decent D, and he's been getting somewhat better also.

$ NyC $
Its true he's still young, but he also was supposento be NBA ready. It justbgoes to show how athletic you need ti be on the NBA level. The guy clearly is trouble getting any separation.

Agreed. Also agree that having to play behind Iguodala doesn't help, especially cause they have similar skill-sets. Having Thad Young coming off the bench also doesn't help much. He still has time, especially if Iggy gets traded.

MiamiWadeCounty
03-12-2011, 12:07 AM

When you label somebody a bust, you are saying that they are terrible, overhyped, and practically worthless compared to where they were picked. At this point we can't be certain of Turner's value and or ability since he still has a lot of time to get better and adapt to the NBA. You can say he has all the makings of a bust in that he used his freakish athleticism to dominate in college, but now he does not have enough of an advantage, however saying he is a bust now is incorrect in my definition of a bust.

Gators123
03-12-2011, 12:08 AM

Not really.

Monroe's per game averages the last few months:

January- 11 points 9 rebounds 1.5steals 61% FG
Febuary- 12 points 9 rebounds 1.5 assist 59% FG
March- 15 points 9 rebounds 1.5 steals 58% FG

Post All-Star break: 16 points 11 rebounds 1.5 steals 1.5 assist 58% FG

Sync
03-12-2011, 12:09 AM

Right NOW he is a bust..

So me saying that make it a dumb post.

K?

I just hate the excuse when a player is looking like a bust that people say it's to early, so I clearly countered that statement by saying right Now he is one.

Doogolas
03-12-2011, 12:11 AM
Alright, I'll give you Monroe. Touche sir.

pd1dish
03-12-2011, 12:11 AM
Whats your opinion on him.... I mean Did you expect more outta of him... I havent Heard nothing of him at all, After all that hype in draft I thought he be a Rookie Story... hes been a Huge Dissapointment, SO far IMO

lol after less than a season...

lets give it a couple years

Sync
03-12-2011, 12:12 AM
When you label somebody a bust, you are saying that they are terrible, overhyped, and practically worthless compared to where they were picked. At this point we can't be certain of Turner's value and or ability since he still has a lot of time to get better and adapt to the NBA. You can say he has all the makings of a bust in that he used his freakish athleticism to dominate in college, but now he does not have enough of an advantage, however saying he is a bust now is incorrect in my definition of a bust.

Well, im just saying ATM, he isn't living up to his hype and isn't doing anything special, so atm he's a bust in my book, but I guess, that calling him a BUST atm doesn't really fit in, so right now he isn't exaclty a bust, but he's right there.

papipapsmanny
03-12-2011, 12:12 AM
When he stops playing like ****, I will gladly give you a break. But until he actually does something other than suck, yes, he is a bust.

ok well derrick rose, rondo, CP3, D-williams

must have been busts and sucked *** their rookie years as well

Dude really are you high?

Sync
03-12-2011, 12:13 AM
Evan Turner is soft.

NYtilIdie
03-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Cousins is the best player in the draft class.

LAOwnsAll15
03-12-2011, 12:18 AM
76ers have been mediocre for years, Turner was the wrong dude to draft and try and turn that around. With the Eastern conference is getting harder its going to take more than a .500 season to make the playoffs

Doogolas
03-12-2011, 12:18 AM
ok well derrick rose, rondo, CP3, D-williams

must have been busts and sucked *** their rookie years as well

Dude really are you high?

Literally every one of them were far superior at basketball to John Wall. Outside of being able to pass the ball well he can't do ****. He tries to steal every time someone bounces a ball so he can't stay in front of him man for **** on defense. He sucks dick at scoring in every way possible unless he's at the rim because he has without doubt the worst jumper in the NBA.

Seriously, he's been ****ing awful. For a guy who many people were saying was better than Rose the second he was drafted he's been especially pathetic. For the guy who was supposed to be "Rose with a jumper" he's been ****ing awful. For a highly touted 1st overall pick, he's been very bad.

He hasn't come close to living up to the hype I heard of him for 2+ years.

KingOf215
03-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Right NOW he is a bust..

K?

I just hate the excuse when a player is looking like a bust that people say it's to early, so I clearly countered that statement by saying right Now he is one.

You just don't get it do you? :facepalm:

It's easy to understand what you mean, right now at this very moment, Evan Turner is a bust... ok we get it. But the fact that you discount that it is too early, makes you look like a fool.

By your criteria, you could've called Kobe Bryant a bust that first year.... but who cares? Obviously, since enough time has passed, you can easily make the assessment that he has done pretty well. What's the point of calling him a bust that first year?

ironman9518
03-12-2011, 12:21 AM
Right NOW he is a bust..

K?

This doesnt make any sense.....do you know what a bust means? It is directly to early to tell if he is a bust, by your logic i can call any player a bust if he has a few bad games in a row. k?

papipapsmanny
03-12-2011, 12:22 AM
Literally every one of them were far superior at basketball to John Wall. Outside of being able to pass the ball well he can't do ****. He tries to steal every time someone bounces a ball so he can't stay in front of him man for **** on defense. He sucks dick at scoring in every way possible unless he's at the rim because he has without doubt the worst jumper in the NBA.

Seriously, he's been ****ing awful. For a guy who many people were saying was better than Rose the second he was drafted he's been especially pathetic. For the guy who was supposed to be "Rose with a jumper" he's been ****ing awful. For a highly touted 1st overall pick, he's been very bad.

He hasn't come close to living up to the hype I heard of him for 2+ years.

?? really I mean I can talk out of my *** too if you want

averaging 15.5 points per game and 8.8 assists your rookie year on the ****** Wizards does not seem all that bad to me at all

Chi StateOfMind
03-12-2011, 12:24 AM

do we consider blake griffin and landry fields for u guys have been nice too.

bullcubbear23
03-12-2011, 12:26 AM
I don't think Turner is a bust, but he and Iggy have a similar type of game so its probably harder to adjust to for Turner, because Iggy is the go to guy on that team. Evan Turner was best at Ohio St when he had the ball in his hands.

bulldog312
03-12-2011, 12:26 AM

averaging 15.5 points per game and 8.8 assists your rookie year on the ****** Wizards does not seem all that bad to me at all

Wall has been pretty horrible. His TS% is .484! He has NEGATIVE win shares on offense. I still think he is going to be a very good point guard in the NBA. But he has not been a good player this year.

Doogolas
03-12-2011, 12:27 AM

Ha, oh boy, Per game stats. Here's something for you:

Per 36 numbers:'

14.9PPG 8.5APG.

He plays more minutes than most rookies.

Secondly, his ts% is a ****ing abysmal .484, you want to know how bad that is? That's third worst in the NBA among PG that play at least 30 minutes per game. He's the 3rd least efficient scoring PG in the NBA.

Ready for some more fun stuff? He has the 4th highest Turnover rate among starting PG.

He's ****ing awful offensively. He can pass the ball. But he's one of the worst scorers in the entire NBA.

bulldog312
03-12-2011, 12:28 AM

Griffin is in this rookie class, but not this draft class.

NYtilIdie
03-12-2011, 12:30 AM

Nah, Griffin was in 09's draft class. Fields has been nice, but Boogie has been killing it this year. Im surprised he's outplayed Wall.

papipapsmanny
03-12-2011, 12:33 AM

14.9PPG 8.5APG.

Secondly, his ts% is a ****ing abysmal .484, you want to know how bad that is? That's third worst in the NBA among PG that play at least 30 minutes per game. He's the 3rd least efficient scoring PG in the NBA.

Ready for some more fun stuff? He has the 4th highest Turnover rate among starting PG.

He's ****ing awful offensively. He can pass the ball. But he's one of the worst scorers in the entire NBA.

Bolded part..... first that is really not that big of a difference

second TS% is so dumb obviously he is going to take the shots that he is better at and obviously that is not 3s, which is what hurts that.

You don't punish a player statistically because he gets most of his points in the manner at which he is best out.

turnovers are a problem

The dude is 20 and on a crappy team... how you can call him a bust is beyond me

Chi StateOfMind
03-12-2011, 12:34 AM
if demarcus cousins gets his act straightened out he could be a beast......he just needs his attitude in check big time

bulldog312
03-12-2011, 12:39 AM

second TS% is so dumb obviously he is going to take the shots that he is better at and obviously that is not 3s, which is what hurts that.

You don't punish a player statistically because he gets most of his points in the manner at which he is best out.

turnovers are a problem

What? The bolded part makes no sense.

bal_ravens
03-12-2011, 12:41 AM

14.9PPG 8.5APG.

Not trying to start anything, but he plays on the ****ing Wizards. I am pretty sure me and Eddy Curry can join the team, and possibly start for them. The team's starters are a joke right now. I am shocked he is able to get 8.5 assists out of those horrible *** players.

Yes, his shooting is horrible, but that is the easiest thing in the NBA to fix.

And yes, he obviously isnt living up to some of the hype people were giving him, but I in no way shape or form believe averaging almost 15ppg and 8.5apg is "bust" worthy. Not superstar/star/all-star worthy? Absolutely. But bust? I just can't go that far with it.

But back on topic, no I do not believe Turner is a bust. He needs more freedom to do his thing.

Doogolas
03-12-2011, 12:42 AM

turnovers are a problem

If that were true Wade and LeBron would not have two of the highets ts%'s in the league.

How about this one for you:

3-9 feet: 31.3%
10-15 feet: 25.4%
16-23 feet: 28%

It's not the three ball's fault his ts% is low. It's the fact that he sucks dick offensively.

Doogolas
03-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Not trying to start anything, but he plays on the ****ing Wizards. I am pretty sure me and Eddy Curry can join the team, and possibly start for them. The team's starters are a joke right now. I am shocked he is able to get 8.5 assists out of those horrible *** players.

Yes, his shooting is horrible, but that is the easiest thing in the NBA to fix.

And yes, he obviously isnt living up to some of the hype people were giving him, but I in no way shape or form believe averaging almost 15ppg and 8.5apg is "bust" worthy. Not superstar/star/all-star worthy? Absolutely. But bust? I just can't go that far with it.

But back on topic, no I do not believe Turner is a bust. He needs more freedom to do his thing.

Is he worthless? No. Does he have potential? Of course. But as of right now he's basically a complete bust. He was supposed to come in and dominate. He hasn't done close to that. At all. And he's been one of the single worst offensive players in all of basketball.

Also, plenty of players come in on teams as ****** as the Wizards and do far better than Wall has fared.

papipapsmanny
03-12-2011, 12:44 AM
TS% weighs 3 pointers more as it should..... wall is bad a 3s

TS% to me is only good in evaluating who is a better pure shooter. Obviously wall's jumpshot is meh at this point, doesn't mean the points he scores are somehow not as good.

Doogolas used the argument that wall has been bad because his TS%, and my argument is he isn't a shooter he drives to the lane with his speed to score points.

Either way the manner in which he scores his points is all the same because they are points.

honestly the only think that can stop him from being a top 5 PG in the nba in the near future is if he doesn't improve his jump shot, hence the poor TS%

bulls_world23
03-12-2011, 12:44 AM
Does anyone consider Favors to be a bust?

John Walls Era
03-12-2011, 12:46 AM
I didn't expect much from him anyways. He has ability but hes an average athlete.

papipapsmanny
03-12-2011, 12:47 AM
If that were true Wade and LeBron would not have two of the highets ts%'s in the league.

How about this one for you:

3-9 feet: 31.3%
10-15 feet: 25.4%
16-23 feet: 28%

It's not the three ball's fault his ts% is low. It's the fact that he sucks dick offensively.

yea his jump shot sucks

rose averaged 1.4 more points per 36 his rookie season, CP3 just 1.2

Rondo and D-Will scored about 4-5 points less, I just don't understand the logic

papipapsmanny
03-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Is he worthless? No. Does he have potential? Of course. But as of right now he's basically a complete bust. He was supposed to come in and dominate. He hasn't done close to that. At all. And he's been one of the single worst offensive players in all of basketball.

Also, plenty of players come in on teams as ****** as the Wizards and do far better than Wall has fared.

Not really, everyone knew his jumpshot wasn't very good coming out of college

M.Bibby2.0
03-12-2011, 12:49 AM
THIS
DMC has been very good, and is particularly good at stepping up to quality players too, eg. Scorched the lakers, fouled D12 out while scoring a career high on him.. Huge potential, it's definitely going to be between him and Wall for best player out of the '10 draft class. Nothing against Fields, he just seems like he'll be a quality role player for his career, not a first option or star.

M.Bibby2.0
03-12-2011, 12:52 AM
bulls_world23's
Does anyone consider Favors to be a bust?

I would say so far he's underachieving for sure, sometimes it takes a while for big men to develop, assuming he can stay healthy I think he will be ALRIGHT, maybe not as good as everyone thought he'd be. Cousin's was definitely the big man in this draft.

GodsSon
03-12-2011, 12:55 AM

Ed Davis says hi

bulldog312
03-12-2011, 12:55 AM

TS% to me is only good in evaluating who is a better pure shooter. Obviously wall's jumpshot is meh at this point, doesn't mean the points he scores are somehow not as good.

Doogolas used the argument that wall has been bad because his TS%, and my argument is he isn't a shooter he drives to the lane with his speed to score points.

Either way the manner in which he scores his points is all the same because they are points.

honestly the only think that can stop him from being a top 5 PG in the nba in the near future is if he doesn't improve his jump shot, hence the poor TS%

You clearly don't understand TS%. Lot's of players have good TS% and they can't shoot at all.

BroncoBuck
03-12-2011, 12:57 AM
No way. The dude has been displaying his game lately, to label the guy a bust right now is ridiculous. He is playing on a squad that already has Iggy and it is only his first season. Pretty tough to look like a star when Iggy is out there getting triple doubles.

wesbeasflynn
03-12-2011, 12:57 AM
THIS
DMC has been very good, and is particularly good at stepping up to quality players too, eg. Scorched the lakers, fouled D12 out while scoring a career high on him.. Huge potential, it's definitely going to be between him and Wall for best player out of the '10 draft class. Nothing against Fields, he just seems like he'll be a quality role player for his career, not a first option or star.

Don't forget about wes he is really starting to play good basketball!

Doogolas
03-12-2011, 12:59 AM
yea his jump shot sucks

rose averaged 1.4 more points per 36 his rookie season, CP3 just 1.2

Rondo and D-Will scored about 4-5 points less, I just don't understand the logic

No, no it doesn't. That's a load of ********. Both Wade and LeBron are poor and mediocre jump shooters respectively. And neither of them have a three ball much better than Wall's. So that's a load of ********.

ts% doesn't even WEIGH 3 pointers. It just gives credit to the point.

And if ts% doesn't do it for you, what about his ****ing abysmal 40.4% shooting from the floor?

Rose shot .475 and had at least a respectable ts% of .516.

He also didn't almost lead the league in turnover rate.

Wall has to improve literally EVERYTHING except his passing to be a top 5 PG. Cause he's AWFUL at everything except passing.

As for Rondo, well he sucked dick as a Rookie. So no argument there. Wall was better than him. But D-Will may have scored less, but he was actually efficient doing it. And he didn't turn the ball over constantly. Same with Chris Paul. They were both far better than Wall has been this year.

papipapsmanny
03-12-2011, 12:59 AM
You clearly don't understand TS%. Lot's of players have good TS% and they can't shoot at all.

i understand it....either way Lebron barely had a better TS% then Wall his rookie year, Rondo had a lower TS% his rookie year

This is ridiculous I didn't know Wall's rookie year was his ceiling. I think calling him a bust is just asinine.

Doogolas
03-12-2011, 01:04 AM
i understand it....either way Lebron barely had a better TS% then Wall his rookie year, Rondo had a lower TS% his rookie year

This is ridiculous I didn't know Wall's rookie year was his ceiling. I think calling him a bust is just asinine.

Um, holy **** dude. You're insane. CP3 AND D-Will BOTH outscored Wall their rookie years. What are you talking about 3-4 points? I'm referring to your earlier post obviously.

As for LeBron, he is an exception, not a rule. His USG% was also significantly higher and his TOV rate far lower. Also, LeBron is 6'9" and built like a tank, not 6'3" and strong.

bulldog312
03-12-2011, 01:04 AM

I'm not calling him a bust at all. I think he will be a very good PG in 3-4 years, if not sooner. But right now he is horrible. Lebron wasn't really very good his rookie year, and Rondo still sucks at scoring, so I don't think those comparisons really help your case.

papipapsmanny
03-12-2011, 01:07 AM
No, no it doesn't. That's a load of ********. Both Wade and LeBron are poor and mediocre jump shooters respectively. And neither of them have a three ball much better than Wall's. So that's a load of ********.

ts% doesn't even WEIGH 3 pointers. It just gives credit to the point.

And if ts% doesn't do it for you, what about his ****ing abysmal 40.4% shooting from the floor?

Rose shot .475 and had at least a respectable ts% of .516.

He also didn't almost lead the league in turnover rate.

Wall has to improve literally EVERYTHING except his passing to be a top 5 PG. Cause he's AWFUL at everything except passing.

As for Rondo, well he sucked dick as a Rookie. So no argument there. Wall was better than him. But D-Will may have scored less, but he was actually efficient doing it. And he didn't turn the ball over constantly. Same with Chris Paul. They were both far better than Wall has been this year.

nvm i was thinking eFG%

Either way as I have repeatedly said he isn't a good shooter (as of now) if he improves that then he will be great, because that will improve his FT% as well

He clearly has outproduced Rondo compared to his rookie year

Either way you are discounting a major part of his game which is getting to the foul line (though he needs to improve his foul shooting)

Also Rose averaged more shots attempted per 36 minutes his rookie year by 1.3 attempts and averaged 1.4 more points I really dont see where you are coming from

You sound like a possible bitter bulls fan at the prospects of wall possibly being better then rose in the future in wall puts forth the effort to improve.... though I can't for sure say that because i do not know who you root for.

papipapsmanny
03-12-2011, 01:10 AM
Um, holy **** dude. You're insane. CP3 AND D-Will BOTH outscored Wall their rookie years. What are you talking about 3-4 points? I'm referring to your earlier post obviously.

As for LeBron, he is an exception, not a rule. His USG% was also significantly higher and his TOV rate far lower. Also, LeBron is 6'9" and built like a tank, not 6'3" and strong.

CP3 and rose did not D-Will, though wall averages about .6 more FGA attempted per 36

bulldog312
03-12-2011, 01:10 AM
You sound like a possible bitter bulls fan at the prospects of wall possibly being better then rose in the future in wall puts forth the effort to improve.... though I can't for sure say that because i do not know who you root for.

Yes, because Bulls and Rose fans have so much to be bitter about right now.

:laugh:

papipapsmanny
03-12-2011, 01:12 AM
I'm not calling him a bust at all. I think he will be a very good PG in 3-4 years, if not sooner. But right now he is horrible. Lebron wasn't really very good his rookie year, and Rondo still sucks at scoring, so I don't think those comparisons really help your case.

im using them as example as players like all nba players improve from their rookie years. I do not think wall is horrible offensively, but very one dimensional

i.e. repeatedly driving to the lane for a layup or a foul call

GREATNESS ONE
03-12-2011, 01:13 AM
a bust in his 1st year? You have to give a player 2-3 years before labeling him a bust.

papipapsmanny
03-12-2011, 01:14 AM
Yes, because Bulls and Rose fans have so much to be bitter about right now.

:laugh:

wasn't claiming that, but bulls fans don't seem to like the fact that wall could I emphasize could be better

Bull/Rose fans have nothing to be bitter about unless they want to ne

Ezio
03-12-2011, 01:16 AM
I would gladly take Evan Turner on the Bulls. If anything he needs to get more playing time to develop.

papipapsmanny
03-12-2011, 01:23 AM
o and russell westbrook.... he didn't shoot efficiently either his rookie year, and once again like all players he improved off his rookie year.

I am not saying he is a star yet, but wall is def not a bust, and his future looks extremely promising

dhopisthename
03-12-2011, 01:28 AM
I don't think anyone in there rookie season can be considered a bust. i would worry about evan turner since he was supposed be nba ready, but I would not worry about someone until the second or third season. Also, as far as favors is concerned don't forget that he is youngest player in the nba, and if you look at his per 36 he is getting 12/10 and since going to utah it has increased to 17/9 he just needs to learn how to slow down on the fouling, or he would already be a decent starter.

Wiz kids
03-12-2011, 01:36 AM

So just to be clear. Your calling John Wall a bust without even playing a full year yet?

That's absurd. If you want to say he hasn't lived up to the hype, that's one thing but to say he's a bust is ludicrous. If he doesn't improve his game over the course of the next few years or even regresses I'll concede he's a bust. After one year there's no way you can classify him as such.

Maybe its just me, but I knew coming in he'd struggle scoring seeing how bad his jump shot was/is, but his play-making, vision, and speed are above what I expected. Furthermore, he really hasn't been the same since he injured his knee. He was around 43% and averaging 16.73 ppg before he got hurt and since he's been around 40% and 14.97 ppg, almost as if it hampered his ability to get to the cup.

Rego247
03-12-2011, 01:40 AM
no he is not a bust. its his rookie season. give the kid a break.

SeoulBeatz
03-12-2011, 01:59 AM
Of course he hasn't lived up to expectations, but he has improved every month and lately he has shown some serious game. He singlehandedly won the game for us against Golden State in O.T and his midrange game is finally falling like it did at Ohio State.

For those who said he can't get any seperation that is simply untrue. He is not the most athletic, but he is still an above average athlete and he has the best handles for a SG outside of Wade, Kobe, and Roy IMHO. He can easily get by defenders and create open space for his midrange game.

Numerous times this year he has crossed the **** out of people (look at my sig if u really need further evidence) and he will be a good scorer in this league no doubt. I see him netting 20, 7, 5 for his career.

The problem is he started out too tentative and he's playing on a team where his role actually matters so there's no room for him to gun to pad stats, but it will come with time.

I have a feeling this guy is headed to being the next Brandon Roy (hopefully without the injuries) and if you watch him, you'll see that everyday.

Hawkeye15
03-12-2011, 02:04 AM
Its obvious his scouting report of being a potential star is probably off, but its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early to write off Evan having a good career.

Lets revisit in 3 years....

Doogolas
03-12-2011, 02:21 AM
So just to be clear. Your calling John Wall a bust without even playing a full year yet?

That's absurd. If you want to say he hasn't lived up to the hype, that's one thing but to say he's a bust is ludicrous. If he doesn't improve his game over the course of the next few years or even regresses I'll concede he's a bust. After one year there's no way you can classify him as such.

Maybe its just me, but I knew coming in he'd struggle scoring seeing how bad his jump shot was/is, but his play-making, vision, and speed are above what I expected. Furthermore, he really hasn't been the same since he injured his knee. He was around 43% and averaging 16.73 ppg before he got hurt and since he's been around 40% and 14.97 ppg, almost as if it hampered his ability to get to the cup.

I said that RIGHT NOW he is a bust. He sucks right now. He's ****ing awful. I wouldn't even want him on my team as a back up this year.

I never said he couldn't live up to it. But right this second, he's nothing but an overhyped, very talented scrub.

Will he stay that way? I have no way of knowing. He could turn it around and be a beast. But right now, he's nothing but empty hype.

SMH!
03-12-2011, 02:29 AM
Man, im a sixer fan so its homerisim, and im gonna say yes and no, yes because I honestly thought he wouldd be the savior and better then john wall his FIRST season, but hes a slow developer and its true, he developed slow in high school, flourished his JUNIOR year in college, and I'm too lazy to find the source, but if you go to the sixers forum you'll find it, evan turner is confident about his game, and is playing great as of lately IMO. He has showed so many flashes of what he can do, he just needs more PT and the ball in his hands, and he has great work ethic, this summer I expect his jumper to be improved from the shot doctor. So, in the end I still believe Evan Turner is the man and can still prove himself, its just his rookie season and sixers are on a role as of lately!

Mrphilly
03-12-2011, 02:31 AM
If you think Evan Turner is a Bust, that means you dont watch Sixers games. Evan Turner is a talented kid that is being brought along slowly, sorta like a top QB in the NFL draft. Turner is already one of the best ball handlers, passers and rebounders on the team. The kid can do it all. Unlike most teams that get the #2 pick in the draft, Sixers are not a terrible team that just plays all young guys. Turner has people ahead of him and is a adequate contributer on a improving young team.

There is no such thing as a bust in his first year in the league!!!! Ask Billups, Kobe, Beasley, and countless others.

Wiz kids
03-12-2011, 02:46 AM
I said that RIGHT NOW he is a bust. He sucks right now. He's ****ing awful. I wouldn't even want him on my team as a back up this year.

I never said he couldn't live up to it. But right this second, he's nothing but an overhyped, very talented scrub.

Will he stay that way? I have no way of knowing. He could turn it around and be a beast. But right now, he's nothing but empty hype.

Jeez did John Wall steal your girlfriend or something. I mean damn. You wouldn't even want him as a back up, I really hope your kidding and being an very talented scrub is an oxymoron making no logical sense.

I hate to use this as an excuse, but have you've seen the Wizards this year? There terrible, Wall has nothing to work with. Nick Young maybe the only legit player on the team. McGee is horrible with zero offensive game, Blatche is a selfish one-dimensional player, and Rashard Lewis is trash. The PG's you listed(Williams, Rose, Paul, Rondo) had more to work with than Wall.

Again its subjective if you thought he was going to come in and score like crazy then I can see why you would think he's not living up to expectations. I for one never thought this for one second. I knew he's a pass first PG, who had a bad shot and turnover concerns. Which is exactly why nothing is surprising to me and 15+ ppg and 8+ assists is about what I expected.

WickedBadMan
03-12-2011, 02:56 AM
No one can be a bust there first year - unless they bomb out from off the court ****. Jumping into the NBA is a huge transition for anyone.

And maybe it's just me but I remember ppl acknowledging this draft class sucked. Don't remember anyone saying Turner would be a insta star.

ryguy553
03-12-2011, 03:11 AM
Since when did this turn into a John Wall thread? What a joke. To answer the question no you can't label the guy a bust yet that is asinine and nuts. Probably the 2nd or 3rd best player of all time had a below average rookie year in Kobe Bryant. Brandon Roy was brought along slowly and he is probably the 2nd best shooting guard in the West. You gotta give the kid time he has certainly shown flashes (see the Golden State game), he basically carried the Sixers to an overtime victory.

curtie74
03-12-2011, 03:22 AM
it is so much going on in the league who is really paying attention to the rookies none of them will b in the playoffs.

More-Than-Most
03-12-2011, 03:23 AM
Whats funny is the fact that people decide this without watching him actually play. He gets limited playing time and when he does play he takes limited shots. Iggy is hurting his progression and when he gets more playing time the kid will show his skill set. He has had flashes of brilliance this year where he has looked unstoppable when he is on.

During a few games last week and 1 game in general he went off for 22-24 points off the bench with the majority of those points in the 4th quarter while playing magical defense and grabbing a good amount of boards to the point the game stopped and the crowd gave him a standing ovation. After the game they interviewed him and asked him where that came from and he reiterated with I JUST NEED MORE PLAYING TIME.

ryguy553
03-12-2011, 03:46 AM
it is so much going on in the league who is really paying attention to the rookies none of them will b in the playoffs.

I guess you aren't paying attention to the standings. The Sixers and Evan Turner will be in the playoffs, and so will Landry Fields one of the top rookies in the league who plays for the knicks.

PhillyFaninLA
03-12-2011, 11:29 AM
No, its way to early to say that.

I think this says it as concise and clearly as possible.

I think you need to give a rookie 2 or 3 years before you can say one way or the other.

Chitownhero14
03-12-2011, 11:55 AM
It is wayyyyyyyyyy to early to call bust on these guys now 3 years from and now if hes not doing anything yes he is a bust, but sometimes it takes a couple seasons to get used to things and emerge, look at J. Noah and others for that example. Turner has been ok on the year not 2nd overall pick worthy but late 1st worthy now he could progress or could just stay where he is.

Gram
03-12-2011, 12:15 PM

Not Greg Monroe. ;)

Gram
03-12-2011, 12:16 PM

lol.

DwayneMVPwade
03-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Give him a break, its just his first year and some players have a tough time adjusting. Make this thread in a few years

Sync
03-12-2011, 12:44 PM
You just don't get it do you? :facepalm:

It's easy to understand what you mean, right now at this very moment, Evan Turner is a bust... ok we get it. But the fact that you discount that it is too early, makes you look like a fool.

By your criteria, you could've called Kobe Bryant a bust that first year.... but who cares? Obviously, since enough time has passed, you can easily make the assessment that he has done pretty well. What's the point of calling him a bust that first year?

Well played.

My post does look stupid.

:eyebrow:

LebronJamesWest
03-12-2011, 12:46 PM
evan turner is on a good team, not playing a ton of minutes, he is behind iggy, who is playing great right now, and has shown that he can ball when he gets the opportunity, to call him a bust is idiotic, if he were on the wizards, timberwolves, pistons, raptors, or any of those poor teams, hed be getting more minutes putting up numbers

Madtown22
03-12-2011, 01:16 PM
He'll be fine. Wes Johnson for the Wolves has gotten better.

WSU Tony
03-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Take a look at Wes johnsons post asg stats. He is showing a ton of potential

Sixerlover
03-12-2011, 02:04 PM
ET is the one player in the top 5 that's actually on a good team. Of course he wouldn't put up the same #'s as say Wall or Cousins, because unlike them his team is relevant. But he is playing better than anyone not named Wall, Cousins, or Monroe in this years draft class (Landry Fields is a product of NY media + the Knicks "being back"). Next year he'll be even better.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
03-12-2011, 04:37 PM
um..YEA...hahaha

hyb152
03-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Right NOW he is a bust..

K?

How many rookies come in and contribute significantly right away? How many top 10 picks have done that this year? John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, Greg Monroe... okay. It's like saying I'll get this college term paper done by the time it's due. It's due in 3 weeks. I've only written one paragraph as of now. So I guess I automatically fail the term paper as of now. See how dumb that sounds? It's a process for Turner. If he's not averaging at least 10 ppg by his 3rd season, then we can see he's a bust. You hate when people say it's too early? Guess you hate the truth then. It's a fact that it's too early to tell whether or not he's a bust.

M.Bibby2.0
03-12-2011, 05:53 PM
The kobe being a bust comparison doesn't work here, kobe was drafted 13th in his draft. you expect more from the 2nd overall pick. IF you compare him to previous second picks (with a few exceptions of coarse - darko this is you) he has underachieved so its fair to label him as a bust RIGHT NOW. Of coarse he's shown flashes of talent, and i don't doubt he will be a good player, but whether you label someone as a bust is relative to your expectations. He failed miserably to meet people expectations this year. 2nd overall picks are supposed to make an immediate impact and he failed. Obviously we can't predict the future, he can redeem himself and prove us wrong.

magichatnumber9
03-12-2011, 06:09 PM
This draft class reminds me of some of those in the mid 90's that really sucked.

magichatnumber9
03-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Evan Turner seems like a good kid so I want him to do well in the NBA

Duncan = Donkey
03-12-2011, 07:15 PM
he wont ever be that good, career role player

jrm2054
03-12-2011, 07:15 PM
you cant call him a bust after one year

TheDiggler
03-12-2011, 08:11 PM
If you call Turner a bust. You call Favors a bust too ? Or Wes Johnson ? Or Bledsoe ? Aminu ? Udoh ?

Rate a rookie in his third year ...

drobe86
03-12-2011, 08:24 PM
If you call Turner a bust. You call Favors a bust too ? Or Wes Johnson ? Or Bledsoe ? Aminu ? Udoh ?

Rate a rookie in his third year ...

Wes Johnson has been pretty solid this season. And he shows flashes of being a really good starter in this league.. Wheras Turner hasn't flashed anything except that he's slow, unathletic and can't defend... He's a good rebounder for a wing player but that's about it. He passes ok but he isn't worth of a number 2 pick. As for Bledsoe, Aminu, Udoh yea theyre all not any good lol... And none of them have even shown flashes that they will be good....

abe_froman
03-12-2011, 08:27 PM
about 2-3 years too early for this question

pd7631
03-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Wes Johnson has been pretty solid this season. And he shows flashes of being a really good starter in this league.. Wheras Turner hasn't flashed anything except that he's slow, unathletic and can't defend... He's a good rebounder for a wing player but that's about it. He passes ok but he isn't worth of a number 2 pick. As for Bledsoe, Aminu, Udoh yea theyre all not any good lol... And none of them have even shown flashes that they will be good....

Clearly you do not watch him play. You'll eat your words, believe that.

drobe86
03-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Clearly you do not watch him play. You'll eat your words, believe that.

I've watched him and I think you misunderstood what I said. I don't think Evan Turner is awful, I just don't think he'll be anything special or even a quality starter. Maybe a decent 6th man. He will be ok but never be as good as Wall, Cousins, or even Greg Monroe. Paul George also has more upside than Turner as well. Evan Turner=Marvin Williams

SA5195
03-12-2011, 08:42 PM
He's been pretty quite. But still to early. Just his first year, and the seasons not even done yet.