PDA

View Full Version : Pippen talks NBA

knightstemplar
03-11-2011, 11:30 PM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?callsign=KSPNAM&autoplay=1&id=6206782

kobe is in his top 5 all time

talks about heat and knicks and the rest of the east

MiamiWadeCounty
03-11-2011, 11:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?callsign=KSPNAM&autoplay=1&id=6206782

kobe is in his top 5 all time

talks about heat and knicks and the rest of the east

Yeah, but Pippen sucks. :rolleyes:

Bruno
03-11-2011, 11:46 PM
I love Scottie. Great analysis.

gjsii13
03-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Yeah, but Pippen sucks. :rolleyes:

Pippen is better than Wade. Sorry but the 1-2 punch of Pippen and Jordan DESTROYS LBJ and Wade..

They actually are clutch ..... and more than once (cough Wade Finals cough)

Bruno
03-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Hopefully this doesn't turn into a bait fest. It's a great interview, keep it clean, lets keep this thread active!

MiamiWadeCounty
03-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Pippen is better than Wade. Sorry but the 1-2 punch of Pippen and Jordan DESTROYS LBJ and Wade..

I was actually defending Pippen and Bryant lol. That is why I put the "rolleyes" emoticon. It is meant for showing sarcasm. Yes, Jordan-Pippen is better than LBJ-Wade, but that is not what the thread is about. Pippen might also be better than Wade, I don't believe so, but again this is not what the thread is about. My post was to make humor out of what a typical Kobe-Hater would say upon hearing Pippen putting him top 5 all-time.

shep33
03-12-2011, 12:28 AM
Scottie is arguably the most underrated player in NBA history. Skip Bayless says MJ made Scottie, and although he did show Scottie how to have that killer instinct... Pip could also flat our defend positions 1-3 and shut down guys. It doesn't hurt that he was a triple double thread every night either, a very underrated passer. Guys was awesome, perfect sidekick to MJ.

Chi StateOfMind
03-12-2011, 12:41 AM
Pippen & Jordan= DYNASTY

I miss the old school bull days so much NBA was at it's greatest

jordan,pippen,rodman,ewing,shaq, list can go on 4ever

Chronz
03-12-2011, 12:55 AM
Wade and Bron will stomp on MJ and Pipp, just give them time to develop chemistry and the same amount of support.

Supreme LA
03-12-2011, 12:58 AM
Wade and Bron will stomp on MJ and Pipp, just give them time to develop chemistry and the same amount of support.

:facepalm:

MJ-BULLS
03-12-2011, 01:00 AM

Are you a clipper fan?

bovice163
03-12-2011, 01:00 AM

Wow, to think you couldn't get any stupider. :facepalm:

D1JM
03-12-2011, 01:02 AM

wow. mj by himself would stomp the urkel twins

Supreme LA
03-12-2011, 01:04 AM
Kobe will eventually be considered 2nd behind MJ when it's all said and done. Great players aren't nearly appreciated as much until they are retired. That is pretty much when everyone will realize they will never see another talent and skill such as his. It's crazy to think that MJ and Kobe are really in a class of their own when it comes to the SG position. There will probably never be another player as complete and competitive as those two.

It's kind of sad to even think about :(

marlinsfan24
03-12-2011, 01:04 AM
^You guys act like it's completely out of the realm of possibility that Wade and Lebron could be better then Pippen and MJ. Take MJ off the pedestal for a second.

D1JM
03-12-2011, 01:05 AM

they got:

mike miller= kukoc
haslem= rodman
bibby =paxson
tripple zero machine=stacey king

SteBO
03-12-2011, 01:05 AM
Kobe will eventually be considered 2nd behind MJ when it's all said and done. Great players aren't nearly appreciated as much until they are retired. That is pretty much when everyone will realize they will never see another talent and skill such as his. It's crazy to think that MJ and Kobe are really in a class of their own when it comes to the SG position. There will probably never be another player as complete and competitive as those two.

So true.

bovice163
03-12-2011, 01:06 AM
^You guys act like it's out of the realm of possibility. Take MJ off the pedestal for a second.

I don't even know how to respond to this comment.

D1JM
03-12-2011, 01:07 AM
^You guys act like it's completely out of the realm of possibility that Wade and Lebron could be better then Pippen and MJ. Take MJ off the pedestal for a second.

you dare question the basketball zeus? :punish

bulls_world23
03-12-2011, 01:09 AM

Worst post of the year goes to chronz congrats :clap:

SteBO
03-12-2011, 01:11 AM
If there was anything sig worthy, this would be it.

MJ-BULLS
they got:

mike miller= kukoc
haslem= rodman
bibby =paxson

triple zero machine. who is that? is that Anthony? :laugh2:

marlinsfan24

you dare question the basketball zeus? :punish

I'm not saying Jordan isn't the greatest player ever, but give Wade and Lebron a couple of seasons together before you totally dismiss the idea of them forming a duo as good duo as Pippen and Jordan. I think it's unfair how everyone is compared to Jordan and has no shot at ever beating him in any fans opinion. There's no point to the comparison then.

Jordan is the GOAT. No one should be compared to him IMO. But Wade-LBJ is the closest thing to Pippen-MJ.

D1JM
03-12-2011, 01:12 AM
triple zero machine. who is that? is that Anthony? :laugh2:

yes.

Chi StateOfMind
03-12-2011, 01:23 AM

i hope u r joking cuz if ur not then u need JESUS!!!!

and brain

knightstemplar
03-12-2011, 01:30 AM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

KH12
03-12-2011, 01:32 AM
Wade will be 30 next season, no chance at all.

knightstemplar
03-12-2011, 01:32 AM
mj and pip = 6 titles

wade and lebron = not 1 not 2 not 3,...not 7 jk

knightstemplar
03-12-2011, 01:33 AM

thats when his athletism will decrease, just like kobes did

marlinsfan24
03-12-2011, 01:35 AM
thats when his athletism will decrease, just like kobes did

When Kobe turned 30, it was his 13th season in the league, Wade will turn 30 in his 9th season. But then again, Wade's injury history will likely be a major factor too.

Chronz
they got:

mike miller= kukoc
haslem= rodman
bibby =paxson

Kukoc at his peak = 1.18-1.25 PPP whilst carrying a bigger load of the offense

Haslem = 13GP and comes off the bench

Bibby is so far removed from his prime that even Paxson was more efficient

PS Paxson never played with Rodman

Supreme LA
I'm not saying Jordan isn't the greatest player ever, but give Wade and Lebron a couple of seasons together before you totally dismiss the idea of them forming a duo as good duo as Pippen and Jordan. I think it's unfair how everyone is compared to Jordan and has no shot at ever beating him in any fans opinion. There's no point to the comparison then.

Jordan is the GOAT. No one should be compared to him IMO. But Wade-LBJ is the closest thing to Pippen-MJ.

If by close you mean the distance between Jupiter and the Earth then you are right. :rolleyes:

Wade and LBJ haven't accomplished anything to even be mentioned being close to MJ and Scottie. If people keep trying to draw up comparisons between the two duos than Lebron and Wade will continue to fall short by a mile every time.

Supreme LA
03-12-2011, 01:37 AM

But Lebron and Wade have Bosh. The Bulls never had a player of his caliber to go alongside MJ and Scottie. You can't say that the Bulls had a better supporting cast because they didn't. If you argued for the difference in coaching and the triangle then you would have a point. Even then, Lebron and Wade aren't really the ideal "Triangle" (Triple Post Offense) players.

D1JM
03-12-2011, 01:38 AM

how about joel anthony compared to stacey king?

Chronz
03-12-2011, 01:38 AM
If there was anything sig worthy, this would be it.
PLZ do, I endorse any form of promotion/ridicule

Worst post of the year goes to chronz congrats :clap:
Thank you

Doesnt surprise me one bit

:facepalm: x INF

Are you a clipper fan?
Yes

wow. mj by himself would stomp the urkel twins
Your bias is showing, MJ by himself couldnt get out of the first round

Wow, to think you couldn't get any stupider. :facepalm:
LOL still havent figured out how to work the ignore function huh

marlinsfan24
03-12-2011, 01:39 AM
If by close you mean the distance between Jupiter and the Earth then you are right. :rolleyes:

Wade and LBJ haven't accomplished anything to even be mentioned being close to MJ and Scottie. If people keep trying to draw up comparisons between the two duos than Lebron and Wade will continue to fall short by a mile every time.

You're right. I meant in talent wise. Definitely not accomplishment wise.

Chronz
03-12-2011, 01:39 AM
But Lebron and Wade have Bosh. The Bulls never had a player of his caliber to go alongside MJ and Scottie. You can't say that the Bulls had a better supporting cast because they didn't. If you argued for the difference in coaching and the triangle then you would have a point. Even then, Lebron and Wade aren't really the ideal "Triangle" (Triple Post Offense) players.

Horace Grant says hello, the way Bosh is being used isnt too different than Horace, except Horace could defend both the post and the perimeter. Bosh has more potential but until it is realized there is nothing more impressive about his current level of play.

Also, its not just about the top players but the collective unit.

jsimms92
03-12-2011, 01:40 AM
But Lebron and Wade have Bosh. The Bulls never had a player of his caliber to go alongside MJ and Scottie.

IMO Rodman > Bosh just because of his defense and rebounding

Chronz
03-12-2011, 01:42 AM

Equally worthless but atleast he wasnt overpaid

Chronz
03-12-2011, 01:43 AM

A fair point, if Wade declines dramatically there wont be enough time to gather the support necessary to go for ultimate glory aka supreme domination of an entire season+playoffs

D1JM
03-12-2011, 01:47 AM
**** yea curryyyyyy

D1JM
03-12-2011, 01:48 AM
but chronz shouldnt you wait until after playoffs to see what the heat do?

Chronz
03-12-2011, 01:48 AM

If you wait for it to happen its not much of a prediction, its all about potential

dhopisthename
03-12-2011, 01:51 AM
they got:

mike miller= kukoc
haslem= rodman
bibby =paxson

no way. Kukoc was a much better player then miller. Rodman was one of the best defenders in the league and one of the best rebouders of all time. Then they had luke longley who was better then any center that the heat have. then they had harper who was a good defender and could stretch the defense. there is a reason the bulls won 72 games and it wasn't just jordan and pippen.

D1JM
03-12-2011, 01:55 AM
i was joking

nitric
03-12-2011, 02:02 AM

Chronz
03-12-2011, 02:17 AM
but chronz shouldnt you wait until after playoffs to see what the heat do?
When I said that I meant more as in what they could accomplish at their peak. Even if they win the title this year it wouldnt be as dominant as Kobe-Pip had done. Unless they sweep the playoffs or something freakish

EDIT) LOL I meant MJ-Pipp

Doogolas
03-12-2011, 02:18 AM
If you wait for it to happen its not much of a prediction, its all about potential

Even if they got this supposed talent you speak of around them, which I doubt they'll manage to do, if it takes two years, Wade is 31. At best they get one three-peat in before he declines STEEPLY. There is no way in hell they manage any kind of mad crazy run that matches the MJ-Pippen legacy.

D1JM
03-12-2011, 02:19 AM
When I said that I meant more as in what they could accomplish at their peak. Even if they win the title this year it wouldnt be as dominant as Kobe-Pip had done. Unless they sweep the playoffs or something freakish

oh ok. i thought you meant it as in their whole career. bron and wade have the wave tide against them right now

knightstemplar
03-12-2011, 02:24 AM
whats cool is that if kobe wins a title this year, he would have two 3-peats with phil, just like jordan did

ScottyFresh11
03-12-2011, 02:35 AM

Nah he's more of a Stickie Dimpkins

Chronz
03-12-2011, 03:01 AM
Even if they got this supposed talent you speak of around them, which I doubt they'll manage to do, if it takes two years, Wade is 31. At best they get one three-peat in before he declines STEEPLY. There is no way in hell they manage any kind of mad crazy run that matches the MJ-Pippen legacy.

True but I was talking about PEAK performance, I think they have the next 2 years to get the best out of Bron/Wade combo, and if Miller/Udonis come back healthy next year and they somehow manage to shore up some of their weaknesses then they can go on a huge tear.

bmd1101
03-12-2011, 04:04 AM

Wade isn't gettin any younger sorry to say. They gotta get rollin soon to manage it.

cutiepie80
03-12-2011, 04:13 AM
I am lost for words. Until someone beats the record of 72-10, which could have been a few more wins.....please don't compare.

The Heat are failing, reason why? It's because D Wade and L James are the same player. They both can drive, shoot, and want the ball. Problem is that they are both making $15 a year and also giving Bosh $15 a year. The rest of the players are bums and they will never win it all until they get rid of one of the 3. Look at the celtics/bulls/lakers/spurs........they have a good starting lineup and bench. This is why they can't beat elite teams.....besides the Lakers but it's only been 2 games.

The trio will never work, that is like putting Kobe and MJ on the same team and killing the payroll, it won't work.

AIRMAR72
03-12-2011, 10:19 AM

dude it was a political response from pip... kobe will be top 10 at SG but we have to wait and see

midwestmadman
03-12-2011, 10:32 AM

Says a 12 yr old who never saw the 90's Bulls teams.

midwestmadman
03-12-2011, 10:37 AM
True but I was talking about PEAK performance, I think they have the next 2 years to get the best out of Bron/Wade combo, and if Miller/Udonis come back healthy next year and they somehow manage to shore up some of their weaknesses then they can go on a huge tear.

True but the supporting cast of Haslem and Miller isn't that great. The Bulls had Kukoc in his prime, and Rodman to grab boards. I would take those two over Haslem and Miller any day. Before Rodman the 1st three peat included Horace Grant, B.J. Armstrong. I would take those two over Haslem and Miller also. The problem isn't that LeBron and Wade aren't as good as Jordan / Pippen, but it is the fall off of the supprting cast. With the salaries in place for Wade, Bosh, and Bron it leaves nothing to fill out a roster, that is why the Heat have no depth and that is way they won't win a championship for awhile.

marlinsfan24
03-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Wade isn't gettin any younger sorry to say. They gotta get rollin soon to manage it.

No doubt about that. But you can't write off their chances just yet.

pd1dish
03-12-2011, 11:13 AM

Well, yeah.....

that 1-2 punch is probably the best in history, imo. thats why they won 6 championships together. Kobe and Shaq would have challenged that, but Shaq didnt stick around long enough. Lebron and Wade will never be near as good as either of these combinations.

marlinsfan24
03-12-2011, 11:18 AM
And btw, can someone backup with stats how Pippen is better then Wade?

JordansBulls
03-12-2011, 01:32 PM

:confused:

The only way they are higher is that you can argue that both Lebron and Wade are top 3 in the league whereas Pippen was never higher than 5th in any season in the league.
However, it is tough to say as both Lebron and Wade have played together on the olympic teams and they did end up with bronze medals twice.

JordansBulls
03-12-2011, 01:37 PM

He's not. Wade can be said to have been the best in the league in 2006, maybe 2010 or this year, Pippen was never ranked that high.

midwestmadman
03-12-2011, 01:38 PM
^ perhaps only a top 5 when Jordan was in the league lots not forget his MVP calibur season of 1994 when Jordan was retired. He lead the team in virtually every stat catagory and lead the Bulls to the ECF, providing one of the best dunks in NBA history over Patrick Ewing! That year Pippen was a top 3 for sure.

D Roses Bulls
03-12-2011, 01:41 PM

:facepalm: chronz, I know you are only like 19 or 20 years old and you dont remember seeing jordan or pippen play, but this has to be probably the most idiotic statements I have ever seen on psd and ive seen some idiotic things posted on here before

The Flash
03-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Cronz comes in, drops a bomb and leaves...other people sit and argue for hours after that

Steelers23_06
03-12-2011, 02:06 PM
i'm not saying they will or wont. i think mj and pippen were amazing but this is miamis first year together and although people want to bash the heat alot but fail to mention all of their accomplishments this season. They are both top 5 in ppg averaging 51 pgg just between the two, and aside from the spurs loss all their recent losses have easily gone the other way. this is a team that every player had to switch their game-style up which isnt an easy thing to do. But this time next season imo all those games they lost by 5-10 will be victories. A lot of their losses have been due to their lack of an effective court offense and chemistry which will come. so because of all this im not saying yes or no until the end of next year.

midwestmadman
03-12-2011, 02:17 PM

Stats are very subjective and never tell the whole story. The bottom line is Pippen for all but one season was never the go to guy, where as Wade was always option 1 and now he and LeBron are both the go to guys (which part of the problem). If you want to look at stas go ahead if it makes you feel better. We can also compare Wilt Chamberlians stats to Jordan. Wilt averaged 50.1PPG and over 25 rpg in 1961. For a career he avg 30.1 PPG and almost 23 rpg! If you want to judge based purely stats then Chamberlian is the greatest player alive. However, I bet you wouldn't say you'd rather have Wilt to build around over Michael Jordan. Would you like to know why, MJ 6 finals apperance (with Pippen) 6 rings. Chamberlian, never made it to the NBA Finals in his career. Jordan / Pippen 6 rings, Wade and Bron = ?.
IMO they (LeBron and Wade and Bosh) will win a ring or two, but this comparison is stupid, because the Bulls built a dynasty out of drafts and hard work, the Heat are building on out of good weather and shady handshakes among the players, who thanks to a horrible CBA run the league and run it into the ground. I just hope the new CBA forbids players to unite to form the so called "super teams" it is awful for the league.

Oh and just to compare: The Championship years

Season MPG FG 3% FT ORB DRB TR AST ST BK TO PF PPG
Pippen:1990-91 36.8 .520 .309 .706 2.0 5.3 7.3 6.2 2.4 1.1 2.83 3.30 17.8
1991-92 38.6 .506 .200 .760 2.3 5.4 7.7 7.0 1.9 1.1 3.09 3.00 21.0
1992-93 38.6 .473 .237 .663 2.5 5.2 7.7 6.3 2.1 0.9 3.04 2.70 18.6
1993-94 38.3 .491 .320 .660 2.4 6.3 8.7 5.6 2.9 0.8 3.22 3.20 22.0
1994-95 38.2 .480 .345 .716 2.2 5.9 8.1 5.2 2.9 1.1 3.43 3.00 21.4
1995-96 36.7 .463 .374 .679 2.0 4.5 6.4 5.9 1.7 0.7 2.69 2.60 19.4
1996-97 37.7 .474 .368 .701 2.0 4.5 6.5 5.7 1.9 0.6 2.61 2.60 20.2
1997-98 37.5 .447 .318 .777 1.2 4.0 5.2 5.8 1.8 1.0 2.48 2.60 19.1

During this span Pippen missed a total of 18 games.

Wade: Wades Best Years (statistically)

Year MPG FG 3% FT ORB DRB TR AST ST BK TO FPG PPG
05-06 38.6 .495 .171 .783 1.4 4.3 5.7 6.7 2.0 0.8 3.57 2.89 27.2
06-07 37.9 .491 .266 .807 1.0 3.7 4.7 7.5 2.1 1.2 4.24 2.29 27.4
07-08 38.3 .469 .286 .758 0.9 3.3 4.2 6.9 1.7 0.7 4.39 2.69 24.6
08-09 38.6 .491 .317 .765 1.1 3.9 5.0 7.5 2.2 1.3 3.44 2.25 30.2
09-10 36.3 .476 .300 .761 1.4 3.5 4.8 6.5 1.8 1.1 3.27 2.35 26.6
10-11 37.3 .498 .305 .735 1.6 5.0 6.7 4.4 1.4 1.0 3.26 2.56 25.5

Based on these numbers the only glaring adv for Wade is scoring but again he has alwasy been the number one option. He has a slight edge on Ast, but he also handles the ball more than Pippen did. Pippen has better rebound totals, better stl, better blks, lower TO, better fg% and most importantly isn't made out of glass! Wade has missed 107 games! I'd rather have an iron man, who does all the things I need him to do in a second fiddle role on my team. Did I mention 6 titles.....

midwestmadman
03-12-2011, 02:20 PM
side note, I know Chamberlian is dead, there for my comment of him being the best player alive is well kind of funny, let's change that to greatest player of all time....

D Roses Bulls
03-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Stats are very subjective and never tell the whole story. The bottom line is Pippen for all but one season was never the go to guy, where as Wade was always option 1 and now he and LeBron are both the go to guys (which part of the problem). If you want to look at stas go ahead if it makes you feel better. We can also compare Wilt Chamberlians stats to Jordan. Wilt averaged 50.1PPG and over 25 rpg in 1961. For a career he avg 30.1 PPG and almost 23 rpg! If you want to judge based purely stats then Chamberlian is the greatest player alive. However, I bet you wouldn't say you'd rather have Wilt to build around over Michael Jordan. Would you like to know why, MJ 6 finals apperance (with Pippen) 6 rings. Chamberlian, never made it to the NBA Finals in his career. Jordan / Pippen 6 rings, Wade and Bron = ?.
IMO they (LeBron and Wade and Bosh) will win a ring or two, but this comparison is stupid, because the Bulls built a dynasty out of drafts and hard work, the Heat are building on out of good weather and shady handshakes among the players, who thanks to a horrible CBA run the league and run it into the ground. I just hope the new CBA forbids players to unite to form the so called "super teams" it is awful for the league.

Oh and just to compare: The Championship years

Season MPG FG 3% FT ORB DRB TR AST ST BK TO PF PPG
Pippen:1990-91 36.8 .520 .309 .706 2.0 5.3 7.3 6.2 2.4 1.1 2.83 3.30 17.8
1991-92 38.6 .506 .200 .760 2.3 5.4 7.7 7.0 1.9 1.1 3.09 3.00 21.0
1992-93 38.6 .473 .237 .663 2.5 5.2 7.7 6.3 2.1 0.9 3.04 2.70 18.6
1993-94 38.3 .491 .320 .660 2.4 6.3 8.7 5.6 2.9 0.8 3.22 3.20 22.0
1994-95 38.2 .480 .345 .716 2.2 5.9 8.1 5.2 2.9 1.1 3.43 3.00 21.4
1995-96 36.7 .463 .374 .679 2.0 4.5 6.4 5.9 1.7 0.7 2.69 2.60 19.4
1996-97 37.7 .474 .368 .701 2.0 4.5 6.5 5.7 1.9 0.6 2.61 2.60 20.2
1997-98 37.5 .447 .318 .777 1.2 4.0 5.2 5.8 1.8 1.0 2.48 2.60 19.1

During this span Pippen missed a total of 18 games.

Wade: Wades Best Years (statistically)

Year MPG FG 3% FT ORB DRB TR AST ST BK TO FPG PPG
05-06 38.6 .495 .171 .783 1.4 4.3 5.7 6.7 2.0 0.8 3.57 2.89 27.2
06-07 37.9 .491 .266 .807 1.0 3.7 4.7 7.5 2.1 1.2 4.24 2.29 27.4
07-08 38.3 .469 .286 .758 0.9 3.3 4.2 6.9 1.7 0.7 4.39 2.69 24.6
08-09 38.6 .491 .317 .765 1.1 3.9 5.0 7.5 2.2 1.3 3.44 2.25 30.2
09-10 36.3 .476 .300 .761 1.4 3.5 4.8 6.5 1.8 1.1 3.27 2.35 26.6
10-11 37.3 .498 .305 .735 1.6 5.0 6.7 4.4 1.4 1.0 3.26 2.56 25.5

Based on these numbers the only glaring adv for Wade is scoring but again he has alwasy been the number one option. He has a slight edge on Ast, but he also handles the ball more than Pippen did. Pippen has better rebound totals, better stl, better blks, lower TO, better fg% and most importantly isn't made out of glass! Wade has missed 107 games! I'd rather have an iron man, who does all the things I need him to do in a second fiddle role on my team. Did I mention 6 titles.....

plus you gotta take into the account on how the NBA was played back then. different rules, better talent, better teams. if they had the hand check rule in todays game, some of these players would not be no where near as good as they are.

midwestmadman
03-12-2011, 02:27 PM
^^ very strong and valid point D Roses. Can you imagine what Jordan could have done with todays rules? Pippen would have avg. 24-25 like Wade and Jordan probably closer to 40 PPG.

D Roses Bulls
03-12-2011, 02:32 PM
^^ very strong and valid point D Roses. Can you imagine what Jordan could have done with todays rules? Pippen would have avg. 24-25 like Wade and Jordan probably closer to 40 PPG.

yeah, I strongly believe jordan could average 40 plus in todays game. I think pippen could have averaged more back then, but was never that kind of guy to take over on the offensive end unless he had too.

RIPSweetness34
03-12-2011, 02:35 PM

God u are rediculous

daricoliver
03-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Amazed at how any one could think that DWade is a better player than Pippen, just not the case. You are flat out smoking something. DWade is a great player, don't get me wrong. Pippen was arguably the best defensive player in NBA history. The way he messed up teams with match ups. He could guard a point guard and take him out with his length and quickness. He could shut down shooting guards and small forwards. He was as dominant defensively as some players are offensively. Then, you add his offensive abilities to it and that equals an absolutely amazing player. The year Jordan was gone, he had at least one 50 point game. He took an average Bulls team without Jordan to the ECF and one phantom call away from another possible championship. If you think you can prove if Wade was better based on some crazy advanced stats, you are sorely mistaken.

RIPSweetness34
03-12-2011, 02:43 PM

This isn't true at all. Kobe wasn't the main guy on 3 of his ring teams. Magic is still above Kobe.

smith&wesson
03-12-2011, 02:45 PM
imo lebron is better then pippen was..and mj is obviously better then wade.

basketball is all about match ups. i think it would be a tight 2 on 2 game. i think this comparison should be made closer to the end of lebron and wades run ... then you can compare legacys.

jp611
03-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Wade is not better than Pippen, its not even close

SteBO
03-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Wade is not better than Pippen, its not even close
How's it not close?

smith&wesson
03-12-2011, 02:54 PM
This isn't true at all. Kobe wasn't the main guy on 3 of his ring teams. Magic is still above Kobe.

stop this. it doesnt matter who was the guy, but kobe was a HUGE part of all his championships earned. yes shaq was a huge part as well, but name me a championship team that has one player carrying the load ?

mj, pippen and others.

olajuwan, cassell, k smith, drexler

kobe and shaq

wade and shaq

duncan, gino, parker

kobe,gasol, odem,

billups, rip, pince, big ben

just as an example. kobe has been the guy for some time now.. why wont ppl just give him his respek ?

yoseppii12
03-12-2011, 03:05 PM
1. I think comparing Pippen to Wade does not do either one of them justice.

Wade is a guard pippen was a G/F. I think comparing Pippen to Lebron is better than Pippen to Wade since they have more similar games.

2. Comparing stats between teams from the 90's and teams from the 2010 doesnt make much since because of the scoring differential.

I think its something like the average teams scored around 90 points in the Jordan/Pippen Bulls Era and now its somewhere around 101 or something like that. Unless you can normalize their stats, which I don't know how at the moment, I dont think comparing them is worth much value. I say this for the very reason I could bring Wilt Chamberlins numbers up and crush everyone elses.

3. Jordan/Pippen vs Lebron/Wade

making the duo comparison is also dumb because this is wade and lbjs first year together while everyone else knows Jordan/Pippen bulls teams are considered the best teams of all time. How can anyone possibly say Lebron and Wade are better there just isnt enough evidence to back it up. Jordan and Pippen are better for the sole reason they have won so many ships and we have more years of evidence/play from them. Revisit this question in like 4 years then youll have a better understanding.

knightstemplar
03-12-2011, 04:05 PM

but if kobe wins another title, is he above magic?, IMO yes

SoxBearsBulls!
03-12-2011, 06:12 PM

:crazy:

Would love me some of what you're smoking.