PDA

View Full Version : Wow this is what a SuperTeam looks like

Anilyzer
03-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Just rewatched some of the Miami/Lakers game, and yeah... Lakers are still a better team--they missed a lot of shots last night.

But watching Wade *wow*. Awesome player, in some ways like a Jordan, and clearly at least one notch above Deron and CP3. And paired with Lebron. And you've got legit 1st team all star talent on the front line with Bosh.

I mean, I'm starting to see it now... I always knew they'd be good, but I'm starting to really see it now. Pairing Lebron with Wade is like putting Bird and Magic on the same team or something with Barkley at PF.

It's better than Kobe-Shaq, because they really play together. It's more like, say, Kobe + Duncan with Nash at point guard or something, all in their prime.

When they put the pieces together... wow. This year, I don't know if Chicago has enough to beat them... very tough series if they do manage it. Celtics, now that they are a year older and lost Kendrick Perkins... doubtful. NY... not there yet, and Lebron > Carmelo and Bosh > Stat.

The Lakers are very deep and have a lot of dimensions, such as having a uber talented defender like Artest and a legit top 5 center like Bynum, as well as multipurpose guys like Odom off the bench. And Kobe still has enough scoring punch to get them over the top.

Did you see the Wade drive at the end, where Wade drives around Kobe while Lebron knocks him over with a pick? Awesome. Awesome to see Wade and Lebron up against Kobe in isolation like that.

TO Rapz
03-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Csb.

Sadds The Gr8
03-11-2011, 08:29 PM
um...okay?

bovice163
03-11-2011, 08:32 PM
worst thread of the day

Purple&Gold24
03-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Just rewatched some of the Miami/Lakers game, and yeah... Lakers are still a better team--they missed a lot of shots last night.

But watching Wade *wow*. Awesome player, in some ways like a Jordan, and clearly at least one notch above Deron and CP3. And paired with Lebron. And you've got legit 1st team all star talent on the front line with Bosh.

I mean, I'm starting to see it now... I always knew they'd be good, but I'm starting to really see it now. Pairing Lebron with Wade is like putting Bird and Magic on the same team or something with Barkley at PF.

It's better than Kobe-Shaq, because they really play together. It's more like, say, Kobe + Duncan with Nash at point guard or something, all in their prime.

When they put the pieces together... wow. This year, I don't know if Chicago has enough to beat them... very tough series if they do manage it. Celtics, now that they are a year older and lost Kendrick Perkins... doubtful. NY... not there yet, and Lebron > Carmelo and Bosh > Stat.

The Lakers are very deep and have a lot of dimensions, such as having a uber talented defender like Artest and a legit top 5 center like Bynum, as well as multipurpose guys like Odom off the bench. And Kobe still has enough scoring punch to get them over the top.

Did you see the Wade drive at the end, where Wade drives around Kobe while Lebron knocks him over with a pick? Awesome. Awesome to see Wade and Lebron up against Kobe in isolation like that.

lol hahha. Lakers vs Bulls. Rose>Bibby+Chalmers and Noah>Big Z

CHANGO
03-11-2011, 08:36 PM
I don't know if you're looking for another reason for people to hate the Heat, or are praising the Heat.

lakeshow3peat
03-11-2011, 08:36 PM
what a joke lakers are still a better team then the heat

WizFan3
03-11-2011, 08:38 PM
y is this a thread and heat rn gonna do **** in playoffs id think lake show ill go that far either

F*(&"Next Year"
03-11-2011, 08:38 PM

First bolded part: Cause the C's haven't beat the heat in all three matchups this season right? The Celts are the cream of the crop of the east until further notice.

Seconded bolded part: Veryyyyyyy debatable.

COBY KARL
03-11-2011, 08:39 PM
"superteams" dont lose 5 in a row.
And they only won by 6 with a great performance by their role players while LA's bench only scored 16 pts on 4 made fgs

Ovratd1up
03-11-2011, 08:43 PM
This fails to criticize the HEAT, close it.

Anilyzer
03-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Look... I'm a Lakers fan. Longtime Lakers fan.

But watching Lebron and Wade playing together is pretty amazing. I gotta give props. That IS essentially a young Duncan and a young Kobe paired up together with another all star player in the mix.

Chicago... yeah I keep hearing it, but it's probably like the Bears. Nice record, lotta hype, goodbye. *yawn*

Celtics... they've been over the hill for a couple years really... had a hot run last season... but without Perkins, and getting older... they are basically just another "Shaq" team. They will have to rely on Shaq for crazy minutes, and live or die with how Shaq plays.

We'll see... maybe this is Chicago's window... cause if they don't get there this year, they won't get a sniff until 2020 and once you get to 2020, the Bulls probably never get another title until the year 3000 or something. Nothing against the Bulls of course, but just saying...

blastmasta26
They're not a superteam, atleast not yet.

Anilyzer
This fails to criticize the HEAT, close it.

I came to praise the Heat

godolphins
03-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Close this thread please, by the way isn't better than Bosh

Anilyzer
03-11-2011, 08:48 PM
They're not a superteam, atleast not yet.

Actually, they are. They may be a Superteam playing badly, or not flowing in the offense, or needing another big, but they ARE definitely a superteam as we speak.

Anilyzer
03-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Close this thread please, by the way isn't better than Bosh

*waaaaaaahhhh*

close the thread!

what up with that? Is it just too powerful to exist

Khri
03-11-2011, 08:54 PM

Better? 0-2 and you are better? :facepalm:

NYYCowboys
03-11-2011, 08:55 PM

:facepalm:

Jewelz0376
03-11-2011, 08:57 PM

so you think the Bulls are better than the Heat then??

Khri
03-11-2011, 08:58 PM
so you think the Bulls are better than the Heat then??

Bulls are overrated.

Anilyzer
03-11-2011, 08:59 PM

Debatable. But he can do things scoring-wise that Stat can't do. I'm interested to see a 1st round matchup or a 2nd round if the Knicks can get there.

Jewelz0376
03-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Bulls are overrated.

lol so the Heat beat the lakers 0-2 and that means Heat are better...

but the Bulls beat the Heat 0-3 and the Heat are better and Bulls are overrated lol..yea that makes a lot of sense

Khri
03-11-2011, 09:01 PM
lol so the Heat beat the lakers 0-2 and that means Heat are better...

but the Bulls beat the Heat 0-3 and the Heat are better and Bulls are overrated lol..yea that makes a lot of sense

Huh? what does the Heat beating the Lakers ha to do with the Bulls?

KingPosey
03-11-2011, 09:01 PM

read the VERY FIRST line he wrote.

Jewelz0376
03-11-2011, 09:03 PM

you gave some1 the :facepalm: because they said the Lakers are better even though the Heat swept the series

So i'm asking you according to this same logic wouldn't that mean the Bulls are better than the Heat since they swept the season series??

Khri
03-11-2011, 09:04 PM
you gave some1 the :facepalm: because they said the Lakers are better even though the Heat swept the series

So i'm asking you according to this same logic wouldn't that mean the Bulls are better than the Heat since they swept the season series??

Nope, Bulls are overrated.

Jewelz0376
03-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Nope, Bulls are overrated.

:laugh: ok

John Walls Era
03-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Ib4tl

bklynny67
03-11-2011, 09:07 PM
why does this Laker fan keep making Heat threads... dumb Heat threads!

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Lebron needs to sacrifice his PPG a little more and let Wade do the scoring. Lebron tries to take it upon himself too much.

Jewelz0376
03-11-2011, 09:10 PM
Lebron needs to sacrifice his PPG a little more and let Wade do the scoring. Lebron tries to take it upon himself too much.

No way this happens...Lebron's ego is too big...It would be better for the team...that was proven last night but I doubt it happens...

blastmasta26
03-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Regular season record doesn't always mean much. Couple years ago, Lakers were swept by Orlando during the regular season but then returned the favor in the Finals.

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-11-2011, 09:15 PM
No way this happens...Lebron's ego is too big...It would be better for the team...that was proven last night but I doubt it happens...

I think it already did with last night being proof.

Lebron not only stopped trying to score every time he touches the ball but he also let Wade handle it in late game situations for the first time in a while.

Lebron can and will relinquish anything if its better for the team.

blastmasta26
03-11-2011, 09:17 PM
If LeBron ever does assume that Magic role consistently that he was supposed to and lets Wade take over scoring, the Heat would be much better off.

bklynny67
03-11-2011, 09:29 PM

Lebron not only stopped trying to score every time he touches the ball but he also let Wade handle it in late game situations for the first time in a while.

sure, cuz he's always proven that in the past by always taking the final shots in games and consistantly missing them rather than passing it off to a more capable teammate who hasn't failed so often in the clutch.

Lebron never has done whats best for the team, why would he now? he thinks he's the greatest scorer in the league, but he's actually not even top 3, maybe even top 5 at being a pure scorer. all he does is drive and make layups or dunks or prays for a foul.

THE GIPPER
03-11-2011, 09:38 PM

This

goose15
03-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Neh..

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-11-2011, 09:42 PM
sure, cuz he's always proven that in the past by always taking the final shots in games and consistantly missing them rather than passing it off to a more capable teammate who hasn't failed so often in the clutch.

Lebron never has done whats best for the team, why would he now? he thinks he's the greatest scorer in the league, but he's actually not even top 3, maybe even top 5 at being a pure scorer. all he does is drive and make layups or dunks or prays for a foul.

This year he hasn't and that i think is because he is trying to prove it to himself and to everyone that he can be clutch. But apart from this season, he has ALWAYS made the correct basketball move, so much that he got gripe for it.

You're talking garbage, shut up.

bklynny67
03-11-2011, 09:54 PM
This year he hasn't and that i think is because he is trying to prove it to himself and to everyone that he can be clutch. But apart from this season, he has ALWAYS made the correct basketball move, so much that he got gripe for it.

You're talking garbage, shut up.

whats garbage about it?

Lebron continues to try to be clutch, as you put it, and continues to fail.... FACT!

NYKnicksAllDay
03-11-2011, 10:09 PM

I remember a couple years ago in the playoffs when he drove to the rim and then passed it out to the corner to I think Donyell Marshall maybe? But anyways, the next day everyone was all over LeBron for that even though it was the right play.

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-11-2011, 10:29 PM
whats garbage about it?

Lebron continues to try to be clutch, as you put it, and continues to fail.... FACT!

Its garbage because Lebron has ALWAYS made the right basketball play, any coach or expert will tell you that.

And imo Lebron is still clutch. The fact he hasn't made it at the buzzer doesn't negate all the previous plays he makes at the end of games to even put us in a situation like that.

Jewelz0376
03-11-2011, 10:39 PM

I need to see it for more than one game before I'm a believer

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-11-2011, 10:42 PM
I need to see it for more than one game before I'm a believer

True, i agree, but i know for a fact the two talked about that before the game and Wade will control it at the end for a while.

Jewelz0376
03-11-2011, 10:44 PM
True, i agree, but i know for a fact the two talked about that before the game and Wade will control it at the end for a while.

shouldve been that way from the beginning...but maybe that's just my bias for wade talking

HuRRiCaNeS324
03-11-2011, 10:47 PM
No it should of for sure. I think Wade is a way better closer than Lebron. Hes a ****ing monster at the end.

faridk89
03-11-2011, 11:00 PM
worst thread of the day

of the week...

bklynny67
03-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Its garbage because Lebron has ALWAYS made the right basketball play, any coach or expert will tell you that.

And imo Lebron is still clutch. The fact he hasn't made it at the buzzer doesn't negate all the previous plays he makes at the end of games to even put us in a situation like that.

lol good one... i know you're a Heat fan so you're clearly blinded by that, but Lebron is not clutch. and as you say, any coach or expert will tell you that. (unless they're MIA fans)

Anilyzer
03-11-2011, 11:26 PM
No it should of for sure. I think Wade is a way better closer than Lebron. Hes a ****ing monster at the end.

yeah, that last drive, he just drove right past Kobe and went right around Gasol in the air for the easy deuce. And then stole the ball from Kobe too.

Anilyzer
03-11-2011, 11:27 PM
beating the Lakers at this time of the year in a big game like this is a really big deal

Doogolas
03-11-2011, 11:28 PM
Huh? I don't get it. How did you not understand that's what was going on before?

whitemamba33
03-11-2011, 11:30 PM
beating the Lakers at this time of the year in a big game like this is a really big deal

Lakers losing 7 of their last 10 last year before winning the title convinced me that the regular season means pretty much nothing.

It's a nice tune up, but no individual loss means anything.

Anilyzer
03-11-2011, 11:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9HcvC8iRaI

king4day
03-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Did I read the OP correctly and see Bosh being compared to Barkley?

Shmontaine
03-12-2011, 12:02 AM

lol... i guess those 5 losses in a row mean nothing, huh?? you're a joke... really big deal, ha... what are you, 12??

Anilyzer
03-12-2011, 12:35 AM
lol... i guess those 5 losses in a row mean nothing, huh?? you're a joke... really big deal, ha... what are you, 12??

Da Bears

GREATNESS ONE
03-12-2011, 01:16 AM
Did I read the OP correctly and see Bosh being compared to Barkley?

lmao and called him a Young Duncan. lmao

marlinsfan24
03-12-2011, 01:21 AM
Realistically, if Lebron starts playing like a distributor instead of always trying to score and Wade becomes the main scorer, this team can then become a super team. Until the day Lebron realizes that, they are a team still on the brink of eliteness.

SteBO
03-12-2011, 01:25 AM
Lakers losing 7 of their last 10 last year before winning the title convinced me that the regular season means pretty much nothing.

It's a nice tune up, but no individual loss means anything.
This needs to be bolded. You don't know how many times I've been trying to get this through to Bulls/Knicks fans(some of them, not all). If the regular season was truly an indicator of what's to come in the playoffs, then what's the point of even having the playoffs in the first place?

SteBO
03-12-2011, 01:27 AM
Realistically, if Lebron starts playing like a distributor instead of always trying to score and Wade becomes the main scorer, this team can then become a super team. Until the day Lebron realizes that, they are a team still on the brink of eliteness.
He did that vs. the lakers, and it led us to a huge win. Wade is known for his heroics and attacking the basket in the stretch run. Unfortunately for us, he seems to care a little too much about his ppg.

knightstemplar
03-12-2011, 01:36 AM
stat > christopher "dinosuar" bosh...am i the only who thinks he literly looks like a raptor

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-12-2011, 07:00 AM
This guy makes the worst threads....

GREATNESS ONE
03-12-2011, 07:36 AM
stat > christopher "dinosuar" bosh...am i the only who thinks he literly looks like a raptor

yes because he looks like a Salamander to me.

TheDiggler
03-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Wow. This is what a stupid thread looks like.

TO to the CHI
03-12-2011, 08:00 AM

I really thought that the OP had the title of "thickest poster in this thread" locked up, but then you came along and just yanked that honor away from him. Well done sir.

smith&wesson
03-12-2011, 08:01 AM
bosh does not = sir charles barkley

WhosisKid
03-12-2011, 11:08 AM

Wow. And yet somehow the Heat lose a lot to the better teams in the league and sometimes to just average teams. To put this in perspective, prior to the season some idiots were saying that this team might break the Bulls' all time single season win record. Now, however, they have a good but not great record.

The Heat can look good in a highlight reel, but they have too many glaring weakness, such as one of the worst benches in the NBA. I don't think they'll make it past the second round of the playoffs.

xxplayerxx23
03-12-2011, 11:15 AM

When they put the pieces together... wow. This year, I don't know if Chicago has enough to beat them... very tough series if they do manage it. Celtics, now that they are a year older and lost Kendrick Perkins... doubtful. NY... not there yet, and Lebron > Carmelo and Bosh > Stat. :speechless:

Bosh Better then stat thats new to me??????????????Dnt worry the heat wont get pass the celics or bulls

KingPosey
03-12-2011, 08:07 PM

No, LBJ did that because he doesnt want to have to take that shot at the end of the game, and get embarassed for missing it. You can look at my posts, I am not an LBJ hater. But I can see he his ego is out ragious. He does not like taking game winners AT ALL.

Anilyzer
03-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Wow. And yet somehow the Heat lose a lot to the better teams in the league and sometimes to just average teams. To put this in perspective, prior to the season some idiots were saying that this team might break the Bulls' all time single season win record. Now, however, they have a good but not great record.

The Heat can look good in a highlight reel, but they have too many glaring weakness, such as one of the worst benches in the NBA. I don't think they'll make it past the second round of the playoffs.

Wow, the Bulls and the Celtics have 46 wins each, and the lowly Miami Heat only have 45 wins.

Also the Bulls play in an absolutely horrible division, one of the weakest ever this year.

Man, I'm telling you: freakin' "Rondo" or "Rose" aren't going to be able to stop the combined might of Lebron and Wade. Wade is a flat out superstar, and Lebron is literally the best player in the entire league.

Let me spell this out for you, because you will start to see this as the playoffs get under way and the lights will switch on.

When push comes to shove, in a seven game series, Miami will start rising to the top. No East team is going to be able to "contain" Lebron and Wade; and on defense they will wreak havoc.

Picture this: picture last seasons Cavaliers in the playoffs + Wade + Bosh.

That's what you're up against. Freakin' Chicago dream on.

"Da' Bears!"

Then you'll probably freak out and boo your own team and say Rose wasn't trying or something.

sorry I don't mean to be negative